PDA

View Full Version : Three questions

ILLUSIONIST^248
05-03-2014, 01:42 AM
Who's to blame, who wants out of Houston first, and is Harden and or Dwight overrated?

Please keep this thread clean.

Go!

still1ballin
05-03-2014, 01:47 AM
Harden is overrated. After some of those no shows in this series, I consider Wade > harden.

And for those who put harden in the same breath as Kobe is just laughable!

ILLUSIONIST^248
05-03-2014, 01:57 AM
Harden is overrated. After some of those no shows in this series, I consider Wade > harden.

I agree. He has disappears in almost every big playoffs series.

Ebbs
05-03-2014, 01:59 AM
Howard had a great series. Harden choked miserably.

ChI_ShIzzLe
05-03-2014, 01:59 AM
So much for Melo wanting to play in Houston...can't even get out of the 1st round with 2 so-called stars on the team :laugh2:

Come on over Melo. Bulls are your only logical choice.

Sportsfan8
05-03-2014, 02:01 AM
Maybe its just me but I thought Howard played really well for most of the season. People who say he played bad imo had too high expectations out of him. He isn't Shaq, Wilt etc.

But I thought Harden let them down. This was the first game in which he actually didn't shoot the ball badly. But it came too late cause the rest of his teammates was tired of holding their own in the first 5 games.

Just my 10 cents lol.

BirdIsTheWord
05-03-2014, 02:04 AM
First year together. They'll come back better next season.

Mr_Jones
05-03-2014, 02:12 AM
Dwight really did play well. Ill always root against him, but at the same time it was nice to see him doing well.

Dade County
05-03-2014, 02:21 AM
Harden has learned his listen, he will value each and every playoff game.

-Kobe24-TJ19-
05-03-2014, 02:23 AM

Harden is better than Kobe, dont be ridicilous

Asik's better
05-03-2014, 02:28 AM
Coach will get blamed and sacked. Neither harden or Howard will want out of Houston. Rockets will retool in the off-season come back stronger next season.

ILLUSIONIST^248
05-03-2014, 02:29 AM

Harden is better than Kobe, dont be ridicilous

Yeah, after he blew his achilles. We haven't seen Kobe healthy since.

sf-fanatic
05-03-2014, 02:38 AM
Harden definitely did show up and made his presence felt this series. He took a lot of shoes even though not many went in.

Greg.
05-03-2014, 02:46 AM
So I know I'll get bashed for this but think about this. Harden spends 82 straight games with the refs giving him every call he wants and then the rules change for the playoffs and everything goes against him. I'm sure it's hard to adjust. Hopefully he learns from this and changes his game a little

ILLUSIONIST^248
05-03-2014, 03:20 AM
So I know I'll get bashed for this but think about this. Harden spends 82 straight games with the refs giving him every call he wants and then the rules change for the playoffs and everything goes against him. I'm sure it's hard to adjust. Hopefully he learns from this and changes his game a little

He shouldn't rely on the refs. They let a lot of things go in the playoffs. He needs to toughen up. He's got plenty of time to develop into a great player come post season, but he's had a rough start to his career when it comes to important games.

ManRam
05-03-2014, 10:05 AM
THis was never a 1-year plan type of thing. The sky is not falling in Houston. They're a VERY young team with a great core. Harden didn't have a great series. Howard was the least of their worries. Morey's just got some fine-tuning to do. No real reason to get all narrativey and panicky in regards to them. That series was incredibly evenly matched...it just didn't work out for them. They'll be better next year.

albertajaysfan
05-03-2014, 11:54 AM
I think this series exposed McHale. He is the one who should take the fall for this.

I don't think any of the players will want out of Houston though, not this early in the process.

I understand that this is only year 1 for this team but Morey has to see that McHale just doesn't have what it takes to coach a team deep into the playoffs. No system and late/no adjustments are huge issues that get exposed in the playoffs.

Harden has also been exposed as the #1 option as well as his pathetic D. I am not asking him to be Tony Allen but I am pretty sure a pylon could have defended better in this series. I mean at least give some effort.

The poster that brought up Harden being bailed out by the refs in the regular season makes a great point. Which I believe is a huge issue with the NBA. They need to address the issues with the refs. The media have been trumpeting this round as the best round 1 ever. While it has been exciting it is annoying how much the refs have controlled most of the games. Last night I only watched one game and while it is in no way the officials fault the Raptors lost (they deserved that loss as they played a horrible first 3 quarters, I didn't watch the 4th it was over already) they were still calling a horrible game.

The OKC-Memphis and LAC-Golden State game 6s were also terribly officiated. Again I am not saying that they necessarily decided the outcome but the lack of consistency of calls is amazing. Plus the refs are getting duped left right and centre by the players selling calls. However I think this is a byproduct of the rules they have created that overly protect shooters.

Greg.
05-03-2014, 12:37 PM
He shouldn't rely on the refs. They let a lot of things go in the playoffs. He needs to toughen up. He's got plenty of time to develop into a great player come post season, but he's had a rough start to his career when it comes to important games.

Don't get me wrong. I agree with you completely on this but the refs go from being 100% behind him to seemingly be completely against him. I'm sure it's an incredibly difficult adjustment and unfortunately it took him too long to figure it out. Hopefully he learns how to make a right handed layup and not rely too much on the whistle next year (Again that will be hard since refs will give him anything in the regular season)

Greg.
05-03-2014, 12:38 PM
I think this series exposed McHale. He is the one who should take the fall for this.

I don't think any of the players will want out of Houston though, not this early in the process.

I understand that this is only year 1 for this team but Morey has to see that McHale just doesn't have what it takes to coach a team deep into the playoffs. No system and late/no adjustments are huge issues that get exposed in the playoffs.

Harden has also been exposed as the #1 option as well as his pathetic D. I am not asking him to be Tony Allen but I am pretty sure a pylon could have defended better in this series. I mean at least give some effort.

The poster that brought up Harden being bailed out by the refs in the regular season makes a great point. Which I believe is a huge issue with the NBA. They need to address the issues with the refs. The media have been trumpeting this round as the best round 1 ever. While it has been exciting it is annoying how much the refs have controlled most of the games. Last night I only watched one game and while it is in no way the officials fault the Raptors lost (they deserved that loss as they played a horrible first 3 quarters, I didn't watch the 4th it was over already) they were still calling a horrible game.

The OKC-Memphis and LAC-Golden State game 6s were also terribly officiated. Again I am not saying that they necessarily decided the outcome but the lack of consistency of calls is amazing. Plus the refs are getting duped left right and centre by the players selling calls. However I think this is a byproduct of the rules they have created that overly protect shooters.

Was it just me or did it look like he was playing pretty good defense in game 6? I think he proved that he is capable of being a decent defender which just makes his laziness even worse

Crackadalic
05-03-2014, 12:59 PM
My fail is the blame. Dude can't coach a team to the chip

mngopher35
05-03-2014, 02:05 PM
The coach is the only thing they need to change. Harden didn't play great this series but is still a great player, just might need to adjust his game a little. Dwight played great this series, no idea why anyone would blame him. This team is in a great position still moving forward. They need to add some depth moving forward and they will be just fine. Morey just has some work to do this summer.

Hawkeye15
05-03-2014, 02:21 PM
Coach will get blamed and sacked. Neither harden or Howard will want out of Houston. Rockets will retool in the off-season come back stronger next season.

this. Look, Harden sucked all but 1 game the entire series. But he and Howard are going nowhere. McHale will take the fall, they will make some trades, hire a new coach, and be back next year as a stronger team most likely.

ILLUSIONIST^248
05-03-2014, 02:43 PM
Do you guys really think Mchale is that bad?

Asik's better
05-03-2014, 02:53 PM
Do you guys really think Mchale is that bad?
Well in late game situations their was often no play drawn up. It was just ISO's. Also it took 3 games to work out that asik should start. His defense also fell apart after Sampson left which shows how much Mchale relied on Sampson.

2-ONE-5
05-03-2014, 03:04 PM
So much for Melo wanting to play in Houston...can't even get out of the 1st round with 2 so-called stars on the team :laugh2:

Come on over Melo. Bulls are your only logical choice.

its not like they lost to some crap team though. Portland is every bit as good as them

Bostonjorge
05-03-2014, 06:28 PM
Howard played great and needed more touches but harden kept jacking up bad forced shots. Houston will be a good team like Memphis but that's it. Imagine what tony Allen would have done to harden. The west has a lot of strong wing defenders on teams Houston will be playing in the playoffs for years to come and I put Portland wing defenders towards the bottom in this case.

Let's see what moves Houston makes. They have no cap space so have to get creative with trades.

Vinylman
05-03-2014, 06:31 PM
no one is to blame, asik first, neither howard or harden unless compared to all time greats

Sssmush
05-03-2014, 06:56 PM
no one is to blame, asik first, neither howard or harden unless compared to all time greats

LoL WHAT?!!?!!?

Harden's defense is so bad he's become a league-wide joke and Howard only gets off the ground like every 4th possession now. I guess Asik is ok, but he's just a serviceable 7 footer. He's Rob Kaman, c'mon or something, we shouldn't blame him when the Rockets have "the best shooting guard in the game" and "the #1 center in the NBA" on their team.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wVYJULACcao

Vinylman
05-03-2014, 07:01 PM
LoL WHAT?!!?!!?

Harden's defense is so bad he's become a league-wide joke and Howard only gets off the ground like every 4th possession now. I guess Asik is ok, but he's just a serviceable 7 footer. He's Rob Kaman, c'mon or something, we shouldn't blame him when the Rockets have "the best shooting guard in the game" and "the #1 center in the NBA" on their team.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wVYJULACcao

smushie can't be bothered to read the OP's questions

keep the hits coming

Sssmush
05-03-2014, 07:13 PM
smushie can't be bothered to read the OP's questions

keep the hits coming

Ha ha LoL you jump off the Laker bandwagon onto the Rockets and then they get pwned and you are still trying to say Harden and Dwight are all time greats jeezus

Vinylman
05-03-2014, 07:21 PM
Ha ha LoL you jump off the Laker bandwagon onto the Rockets and then they get pwned and you are still trying to say Harden and Dwight are all time greats jeezus

yes... i am a rockets fan... that is evident based on my posts..

more classic smushie logic... keep the hits coming and let the stalking continue

NBA_Starter
05-03-2014, 07:32 PM
I blame McHale.

Sssmush
05-03-2014, 08:17 PM
yes... i am a rockets fan... that is evident based on my posts..

more classic smushie logic... keep the hits coming and let the stalking continue

jeezus now you are going to DENY it? Like Houston gets pwned and then suddenly you jump of the Houston bandwagon and now I am "stalking" you? wtf? I mean what's next, you'll be dancing around saying that "Jimbaco" is the greatest owner in sports when the Lakers jump out to 20-0 next season.

I mean how many times do I have to say it that Harden can't play defense? I feel like I'm taking crazy pills. And then Houston gets predictably bounced in the first round and we have to restart the topic of "is Harden the greatest shooting guard in the league" and LoL some people are saying "well, maybe Wade when he is healthy..." I mean holy **** there are at the very least 12 better guys.

IndyRealist
05-03-2014, 08:20 PM
First year together. They'll come back better next season.
This....

....and this.

My hope is that they will resign Parsons and trade whatever they can for someone like Paul Milsap, then strengthen the bench.

IndyRealist
05-03-2014, 08:23 PM
jeezus now you are going to DENY it? Like Houston gets pwned and then suddenly you jump of the Houston bandwagon and now I am "stalking" you? wtf? I mean what's next, you'll be dancing around saying that "Jimbaco" is the greatest owner in sports when the Lakers jump out to 20-0 next season.

I mean how many times do I have to say it that Harden can't play defense? I feel like I'm taking crazy pills. And then Houston gets predictably bounced in the first round and we have to restart the topic of "is Harden the greatest shooting guard in the league" and LoL some people are saying "well, maybe Wade when he is healthy..." I mean holy **** there are at the very least 12 better guys.

12yr olds say "pwned", man. And they didn't get stomped, they lost on a last second 3 from WAY behind the arc. It was a 4-5 matchup, as close to even as you can get in the playoffs. It's not really an upset for a 5 to beat a 4.

jerellh528
05-03-2014, 08:26 PM
Get rid of Lin. He blows.

Vinylman
05-03-2014, 08:30 PM
12yr olds say "pwned", man. And they didn't get stomped, they lost on a last second 3 from WAY behind the arc. It was a 4-5 matchup, as close to even as you can get in the playoffs. It's not really an upset for a 5 to beat a 4.

it's best just to ignore the court jester... we have to daily in the Lakers forum

Asik's better
05-03-2014, 08:32 PM

Name the 12 shooting guards better than harden.

Vinylman
05-03-2014, 08:38 PM
Name the 12 shooting guards better than harden.

this is the kind of garbage we have to put up with in the Lakers forum every day from smushie...

it's best just to ignore him... he loses interest rather quickly

ewing
05-04-2014, 12:28 PM
i blame Portland's fantastic starting 5