PDA

View Full Version : Should the bulls gut their team for melo

east fb knicks
05-02-2014, 09:04 PM
Mario Persico

Sam: I think you misunderstood. I have written many times I like Anthony and would be all for acquiring him. The point is the Bulls have at least three times in free agency been used by players for leverage and I see little difference again. To open up the salary space for someone like Anthony the Bulls would likely have to dump one or both of their draft picks, Boozer, Augustin or Hinrich and Dunleavy or Gibson. And then Anthony would still not know if Derrick Rose is healthy enough. So there you are now waiting for Anthony to sign with you. Would he do that and, by the way, accept $30 million less even if you can pay him the maximum? Can you afford to trust a player who forced his way out of Denver and then pledged his future allegiance to the Knicks, but after just one poor season riddled with injuries he’s willing to walk out on them after they gave up half their roster to get him and featured him in everything they have done. And his wife has said publicly she wants to stay in New York. So you are going to drop five potential roster regulars for that chance in a summer with no other top free agents to basically recoup? That Anthony after every other free agent has ignored Chicago would be the one to come under those circumstances when you have to again give up four or five pieces to get him? I have no real information on Mirotic as I have not seen him play and do not expect him to be a starter when he does come to the NBA

Alex Pauley

Sam: That, of course, is a most unlikely proposition if you know anything about Phil Jackson. I expect we’ll hear these sort of scenarios for months that benefit the Bulls and “give the other guy something.” Ever hear if it sounds too good to be true… then it isn’t? Phil Jackson isn’t about rebuilding, and certainly not going on 69 years old this summer. He couldn’t care less the Knicks have no picks. When he was with the Bulls how many rookies do you ever remember playing major roles? Phil may try a sign and trade with Anthony, and one thing I can see if the Rockets lose in the first round is given they have Asik and that Howard doesn’t score that much more, anyway, I see Phil perhaps trying for Howard for Anthony. I doubt Houston would do that, but that’s what you’ll see from the Knicks if they don’t retain Anthony. Not expiring contracts and reserves. New York is about stars. Plus, they have a shot at LeBron next summer if they hang onto ‘Melo; not if they lose him. So Phil’s got to get a star if he loses Anthony. I’ve heard this one: The Knicks get Noah and the Bulls get Tyson Chandler, a good expiring deal so they can go after Kevin Love next year, and Iman Shumpert, who is from Chicago and a good defender who Thibs would like and Pablo Prigioni, a good backup point if they lose Augustin and Hinrich. The Bulls gets three for one. How could they pass on that? Oh, right, they give up the only good player in the deal. Just what the Knicks might be thinking regarding Anthony.

http://www.nba.com/bulls/news/ask-sam-sam-smith-opens-his-mailbag-05022014.html

well bulls fans I hate to say I told you so:eyebrow:

my original proposal was mirotic butler Gibson 2 first and you guys called me crazy well it looks like even my proposal might not even be enough for phil to even think about the sign and trade:laugh:

DaBear
05-02-2014, 09:06 PM
No. They shouldn't have to and that would make signing Melo useless.

GiantsSwaGG
05-02-2014, 09:10 PM
Yes

northsider
05-02-2014, 09:20 PM
Seems like an *** load of speculation to me but, way to pat yourself on the back with a half hearted artcle assuming a bunch of possible outcomes.

The best part was saying we may lose Mike D or Gibson lmao. Really is that some sort of choice we would make? I'd pack Mikes bags personally that's not even a question.

todu82
05-02-2014, 09:24 PM
The Bulls are a good team but they need an impact player to take the next step, Melo could be that player.

NBA_Starter
05-02-2014, 09:26 PM
If they can amnesty Boozer and trade Taj then with only a few small tweaks they could make Melo a legit offer.

east fb knicks
05-02-2014, 09:28 PM
Seems like an *** load of speculation to me but, way to pat yourself on the back with a half hearted artcle assuming a bunch of possible outcomes.

The best part was saying we may lose Mike D or Gibson lmao. Really is that some sort of choice we would make? I'd pack Mikes bags personally that's not even a question.

did you just ignore the whole article my point to these brain dead bulls fans were it's a sign an trade pj is not accepting trash in return if we do trade him to the bulls
I will bet if melo goes to the rockets we would get harden or d12 in return idk why you guys think the team trying to get melo would have any leverage or you guys would get him for scraps:facepalm:

P&GRealist
05-02-2014, 09:28 PM
Yes, just like the Knicks did to get him from Denver. See how wonderfully that turned out!

east fb knicks
05-02-2014, 09:31 PM
If they can amnesty Boozer and trade Taj then with only a few small tweaks they could make Melo a legit offer.

lmao easier said than done nobody is helping the bulls get melo they would just wait for in season to trade for said players why help them get melo if they don't get melo they would want to unload Gibson anyway or other contracts to go after love lmao

Asik's better
05-02-2014, 09:32 PM
It would be tough for the bulls to move boozer they would have to amnesty him. If I'm the bulls, I don't want to give up Gibson or dunleavy.

flclfanman
05-02-2014, 09:34 PM
did you just ignore the whole article my point to these brain dead bulls fans were it's a sign an trade pj is not accepting trash in return if we do trade him to the bulls
I will bet if melo goes to the rockets we would get harden or d12 in return idk why you guys think the team trying to get melo would have any leverage or you guys would get him for scraps:facepalm:

And you call Bulls fans braindead :laugh2:

Asik, Lin, Parsons, and picks will be the best you get if NY does a sign and trade.

northsider
05-02-2014, 09:41 PM

Yes that seems super realistic.

Mike Lient
05-02-2014, 09:41 PM
When people learn that Melo is just not a winner? They're better off waiting to try to make a splash for KD.

east fb knicks
05-02-2014, 09:42 PM

Asik, Lin, Parsons, and picks will be the best you get if NY does a sign and trade.

first off dude in the article brought up d12 for melo
2nd the rockets are in a fkd up position if they want melo they would have to unload both of asik lin and parsons
while that doesn't sound to bad remember they screwed themselves with those poison pill contracts nobody is paying 30 mill for asik and lin :laugh2:

northsider
05-02-2014, 09:43 PM
Mind you I don't think we land Melo at all. Of course we'd be stupid to not express interest but, it's just not likely.

DaBear
05-02-2014, 09:43 PM
first off dude in the article brought up d12 for melo
2nd the rockets are in a fkd up position if they want melo they would have to unload both of asik lin and parsons
while that doesn't sound to bad remember they screwed themselves with those poison pill contracts nobody is paying 30 mill for asik and lin :laugh2:

I could really care less what he says. No one is gutting their team for Melo.

east fb knicks
05-02-2014, 09:47 PM
I could really care less what he says. No one is gutting their team for Melo.

I agree I actually think the bulls are in a good position esp if rose comes back ther was another part of the article I didn't highlight where dude brings up he possibility of you guys signing lance from the pacers without giving up anything

east fb knicks
05-02-2014, 09:54 PM
also my reasoning for the rox offering us harden is they would then have enough cap to sign rondo in 2015 or use asik/lin plus parsons to trade for him

harden d12 melo <d12 melo rondo

but this scenario would only happens if the rockets lose tonight:cheers:

Stunner
05-02-2014, 10:05 PM
No Bulls fans listens to Sam Smith if this is who you're posting

DemarDerozan
05-02-2014, 10:18 PM
Only if Thibs walks. There's no way these two coexist. If Subparmelo can't work with Karl or Woodson there is no way he works with Thibs.

DemarDerozan
05-02-2014, 10:19 PM
No real Bulls fan would want Melo. Now KD or PG might work... Because they have discipline.

Greg.
05-02-2014, 10:22 PM
Good luck getting Harden or Dwight regardless of the series outcome

Avenged
05-02-2014, 10:30 PM
Chicago Knicks! Get err done.

east fb knicks
05-02-2014, 10:37 PM
Good luck getting Harden or Dwight regardless of the series outcome

don't really care I prefer melo to stay but what makes people think harden and melo would be a good fit

Cal827
05-02-2014, 10:39 PM
Watch Derek Rose go the other way in a S/T :D

DemarDerozan
05-02-2014, 10:53 PM
Who cares about Melos dumb ***. We have 5 game sevens!

DemarDerozan
05-02-2014, 10:56 PM
If he was worth a damn he would be in the playoffs like KD, Lebron, PG, Blake, CP, Harden and Wall. But he's not. Especially in the weakass east. If Al Jefferson or Jeff Teague can will a team into the playoffs or Love, Lawson, and Dragic can singlehandedly put up 42 wins in the ultra competitive west then what's wrong with "the superstar" Anthony? He sucks. !uck Melo.

alexander_37
05-02-2014, 10:58 PM
also my reasoning for the rox offering us harden is they would then have enough cap to sign rondo in 2015 or use asik/lin plus parsons to trade for him

harden d12 melo <d12 melo rondo

but this scenario would only happens if the rockets lose tonight:cheers:

yeah ... keep dreaming.

DemarDerozan
05-02-2014, 11:01 PM
yeah ... keep dreaming.

Harden and about 20-25 other players>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Melo

JasonJohnHorn
05-02-2014, 11:05 PM
Why would you guy a team for a guy who has been unable to win in the postseason?

JordansBulls
05-02-2014, 11:08 PM
yes because Melo plays Lebron to a standstill. Not many players do that other than Durant or Dwight or Rose or Dirk.

DemarDerozan
05-02-2014, 11:09 PM
Let's see there is:

KD
Lebron
RSW
Harden
Paul George
Howard
Aldridge
Love
Lilliard
Curry
Blake
Paul
Dragic
M Gasol
Dirk
Ellis
Wall
Derozan
Tony Parker
DMC
Drummond

Almost forgot Anthony Davis...

That's more than 20 guys I would rather have leading my team.

DemarDerozan
05-02-2014, 11:10 PM
yes because Melo plays Lebron to a standstill. Not many players do that other than Durant or Dwight or Rose or Dirk.

All due respect JB. But Kawhi did it last year.

Max.This
05-02-2014, 11:11 PM
If he was worth a damn he would be in the playoffs like KD, Lebron, PG, Blake, CP, Harden and Wall. But he's not. Especially in the weakass east. If Al Jefferson or Jeff Teague can will a team into the playoffs or Love, Lawson, and Dragic can singlehandedly put up 42 wins in the ultra competitive west then what's wrong with "the superstar" Anthony? He sucks. !uck Melo.

You don't use your brain when you type. You probably haven't even watched a knicks game before. All these players you've listed have a second and maybe a third option on their teams. Let me break this down for you in a way you can understand. Dude! Yo KD got that Westbrook bro. Lebron's got that Wade and Bosh. Al Jeffersons got kemba walker on top of a ex Spurs Assistant as their coach. Paul George has a stacked roster. Teague had Horford early in the season and now they have Millsap. Just look at his numbers .. Bro, instead of spitting out crap based on your own personal views about him

DemarDerozan
05-02-2014, 11:16 PM
You don't use your brain when you type. You probably haven't even watched a knicks game before. All these players you've listed have a second and maybe a third option on their teams. Let me break this down for you in a way you can understand. Dude! Yo KD got that Westbrook bro. Lebron's got that Wade and Bosh. Al Jeffersons got kemba walker on top of a ex Spurs Assistant as their coach. Paul George has a stacked roster. Teague had Horford early in the season and now they have Millsap. Just look at his numbers .. Bro, instead of spitting out crap based on your own personal views about him

So I guess Tyson Chandler (DPOY), JR(Sixth man) and Amare(LOL/multiple all star) Stoudemire plus a whole lot of role players are not enough?

Name the third best player on the hawks, wizards or bobcats? Yeah that's what I thought. A real leader controls his locker room.

Pierzynski4Prez
05-02-2014, 11:27 PM
So 2 beat writers is your proof? One of which says the Knicks could get harden or Dwight for Melo, as well as getting Noah for chandler. You're even sadder than the last Melo to the Bulls thread.

effen5
05-02-2014, 11:44 PM
First Noah for chandler is the biggest joke and that writer loses all credibility.

Second for the first writer that's not even gutting the bulls...getting rid of some role players for melo? Boozer M DJ and a first round pick should do the trick otherwise don't do the trade all at...bulls are in a much better situation then melo will ever be anyway.

effen5
05-02-2014, 11:47 PM
And I'm going to laugh if we somehow sign Melo outright. It should shut you up for good since you don't know what the **** you're talking about. You and the other nyk poster moroni said the bulls were overrated and the knicks will get a top 3 seed before the season started...talk about not being even close. You can be worse then dmf.

east fb knicks
05-03-2014, 12:12 AM
So 2 beat writers is your proof? One of which says the Knicks could get harden or Dwight for Melo, as well as getting Noah for chandler. You're even sadder than the last Melo to the Bulls thread.

my point was you guys would lose out on mirotic and other players you guys said the bulls could just unload a couple contracts easy and sign melo don't kill the messenger bro Im just pointing out to get melo it would cost you guys alot

east fb knicks
05-03-2014, 12:19 AM
First Noah for chandler is the biggest joke and that writer loses all credibility.

Second for the first writer that's not even gutting the bulls...getting rid of some role players for melo? Boozer M DJ and a first round pick should do the trick otherwise don't do the trade all at...bulls are in a much better situation then melo will ever be anyway. lmao genius re read the article pj aint accepting trash for melo and teams could wait to trade for your players if you guys don't get melo you'd be looking to unload contracts anyway to sign some one out right in 2015

And I'm going to laugh if we somehow sign Melo outright. It should shut you up for good since you don't know what the **** you're talking about. You and the other nyk poster moroni said the bulls were overrated and the knicks will get a top 3 seed before the season started...talk about not being even close. You can be worse then dmf.

I agree I had high expectations for my team and we sucked this year but that has nothing to do with you guys getting melo for scraps I understand your depressed after looking like scrubs against the wiz:sad2: but if melo resigns for cheap we are in a better position then you guys good luck bro:D

pacofunk64
05-03-2014, 12:36 AM
I know nothing about NBA salary caps but how can the Heat afford 3 top tier guys, the Rockets have 4 pretty big contracts in Asik, Lin, Harden & Howard but yet the Bulls would have to give up the farm? The Bulls have Rose & Noah. Boozer will get the amnesty. No one else makes that much money do they? So why couldn't Melo take a little less to play the Bulls.

chitownbulls
05-03-2014, 12:50 AM
lmao genius re read the article pj aint accepting trash for melo and teams could wait to trade for your players if you guys don't get melo you'd be looking to unload contracts anyway to sign some one out right in 2015

I agree I had high expectations for my team and we sucked this year but that has nothing to do with you guys getting melo for scraps I understand your depressed after looking like scrubs against the wiz:sad2: but if melo resigns for cheap we are in a better position then you guys good luck bro:D

I mean even if we don't sign Melo we're gonna be in good position regardless..

Rose/Augustin/Hinrich
Butler/Snell/Hinrich
(Parsons, Stephenson or Hayward)/MDJ
Gibson/Mirotic
Noah/Okafor? idk

and 2 first round rookies in a deep draft class with Thibs as head coach, thats at least a 55 win team

effen5
05-03-2014, 01:21 AM
lmao genius re read the article pj aint accepting trash for melo and teams could wait to trade for your players if you guys don't get melo you'd be looking to unload contracts anyway to sign some one out right in 2015

Yeah good luck bro because last time I checked without rose and trading deng we still made the playoffs...you know the 4th seed...when you predicted the bulls to be near the 6th-8th seed...on the other hand you guys with melo playing all 82 games you guys had an embarrassing season in one of the worst eastern conferences of all time...it's like nobody uses common sense anymore.

effen5
05-03-2014, 01:22 AM
Oh and those scrub wizards...they made the ****in playoffs too unlike the ****in embarrassing franchise we call the knicks oh and let's also add they won a series which the knicks hasn't done in over a damn decade.

east fb knicks
05-03-2014, 01:34 AM
Oh and those scrub wizards...they made the ****in playoffs too unlike the ****in embarrassing franchise we call the knicks oh and let's also add they won a series which the knicks hasn't done in over a damn decade.

u mad :laugh:

east fb knicks
05-03-2014, 01:37 AM
I mean even if we don't sign Melo we're gonna be in good position regardless..

Rose/Augustin/Hinrich
Butler/Snell/Hinrich
(Parsons, Stephenson or Hayward)/MDJ
Gibson/Mirotic
Noah/Okafor? idk

and 2 first round rookies in a deep draft class with Thibs as head coach, thats at least a 55 win team

I never said you guys needed melo in fact I said you guys would be ******** to trade for him both teams will be good going forward I hope rose comes back healthy he's one of my fav players

effen5
05-03-2014, 01:40 AM
I just find it ironic you call both the bulls and wiz scrubs but the Knicks are the team full of scrubs.

goingfor28
05-03-2014, 02:02 AM
I just find it ironic you call both the bulls and wiz scrubs but the Knicks are the team full of scrubs.

:burn:

slashsnake
05-03-2014, 02:16 AM

It isn't about getting him for scraps. It is about him leaving and them having a chance to get something... anything for him in a deal. They aren't going to sit there and say no to a one year contract and a late first and hold out when that would just go to another team to make the space instead and NY would still lose Melo. It has NOTHING to do with his value. If he wants out and to Chicago, he's going there. That part isn't difficult. NY has the option to spite that, or get a pick and player maybe in return that Chicago won't be able to use.

east fb knicks
05-03-2014, 04:06 AM
It isn't about getting him for scraps. It is about him leaving and them having a chance to get something... anything for him in a deal. They aren't going to sit there and say no to a one year contract and a late first and hold out when that would just go to another team to make the space instead and NY would still lose Melo. It has NOTHING to do with his value. If he wants out and to Chicago, he's going there. That part isn't difficult. NY has the option to spite that, or get a pick and player maybe in return that Chicago won't be able to use.

im not about to explain if you don't believe me read the link the rockets might offer harden after they didn't get out the first it doesn't matter what melo wants the bulls don't have cap and I doubt they even amnesty booozer their owner is real cheap

east fb knicks
05-03-2014, 04:08 AM

our roster is better than yours minus rose don't be fooled you guys over achieved big time this year but you guys have the best coach in the league while we had the worst:sad2:

Asik's better
05-03-2014, 04:37 AM
im not about to explain if you don't believe me read the link the rockets might offer harden after they didn't get out the first it doesn't matter what melo wants the bulls don't have cap and I doubt they even amnesty booozer their owner is real cheap

I read the link. It's just some dudes opinion. Dosn't mean fact. Harden isn't going anywhere. And if you honestly think he is, I question your basketball knowledge.

slashsnake
05-03-2014, 05:47 AM

It doesn't matter who is offered. It all depends where Melo wants to go. Miami could offer Lebron and it doesn't matter one bit because Melo is only doing a sign and trade if he takes that route for the team he wants to go to. Nobody has to get in a bidding war over him, he is only going to the team he wants to go to.

So Houston offers one of their top players making them a weaker team. How does that help sell Melo? "Come on over here! We play in a tougher conference and just shipped off one of our best players, only a few more years away! Play with Lin, and watch us spend 15 mil on Asik who can't play with Dwight."

And why don't they have the cap? You are talking about one contract to move, a guy who can be amnestied... Who that Melo would want to play for has a better deal than that? Throw in some sweeteners and trade off Boozer to a NY if you want, with a few firsts, and call it good. NY is going to make money hand over foot. They can take on that contract for rookies and cap space next year. Or amnesty him and make that lost money back in year 1 with a marketable guy like Melo. Of course they want to trade him, but I don't think for a second that paying Boozers contract is going to keep them from adding a player they want.

Houston is tighter against the cap thanks to those poision pill years for Lin and Asik. This is the year that their deals are awful. 15 mil each. That's why people are throwing around Harden after a poor series even though it takes away a big three which is their best selling point. Because where do you find a team willing to give up 30 mil on those guys?

The interesting part of this. With the new cap, just by losing Boozer they can keep their roster, add Melo at 22 mil a year, STILL add Mirotic at 5 mil a year and STILL be right at the cap.

I am not sure where you think Houston will have an easier time. Moving Lin AND Asik? I can see NY taking on Asik, but then they have to get another deal done for Lin there.

Badluck33
05-03-2014, 06:41 AM
Bulls should trade EVERYONE including to but not limited to....

Rose, Butler, Noah, Snell, Boozer, Nazr, Jimmer, DJ, Brewer, Taj, KH12, Mirotic, 3 x 1s and Thibs

and Benny

Get it done GarPaxForManBennysDorf!!!!!!!

smiddy012
05-03-2014, 08:46 AM
If Melo really puts championship first, he'd take 15.5 (just his first year) so we could keep MDJ.

Rose/DJA(RoomMLE)/Hinrich(VetMin)
Butler/Snell
Melo/MDJ
Taj/Smith
Noah/VetMin

With 16 and 19 picks we go for 1-3 and 4/5-5 guys, in either order, predicated by best player available. That or trade up for a guard.

I'd be stoked.

waveycrockett
05-03-2014, 09:03 AM
To get Melo Rose Noah and Butler together I would give up the rest of those guys on the team. Those guys they would have to get rid of are solid but lets be honest they are 6th and 7th man off the bench types. You cant compare that to a legit top-15 and not to mention the Bulls are like the Spurs they will find rotation guys left and right.

smiddy012
05-03-2014, 09:09 AM
Yeah you let MDJ go if you have to obviously.

PhillyFaninLA
05-03-2014, 09:21 AM
No let him stay with the Knicks, Celtics, or Lakers....you don't win titles with guys like him (not counting teams that are so talented like the Olympic teams, they are the only exception)

effen5
05-03-2014, 11:30 AM
our roster is better than yours minus rose don't be fooled you guys over achieved big time this year but you guys have the best coach in the league while we had the worst:sad2:

Actually the most logical conclusion one can make is that the Knicks overachieved last year and they are right where they belong. Out of the playoffs. Lets see here, Bulls won 48, 45, 50, 62 the last 4 years...pretty consistent? Knicks won 37,54,36,42...inconsistently consistent. Bulls won 6 games less than your overachieving Knicks last year with trading Deng, and no Rose, and no consistent scorer. My conclusion? Bulls are consistently good why the Knicks are consistently inconsistent.

effen5
05-03-2014, 11:31 AM
To get Melo Rose Noah and Butler together I would give up the rest of those guys on the team. Those guys they would have to get rid of are solid but lets be honest they are 6th and 7th man off the bench types. You cant compare that to a legit top-15 and not to mention the Bulls are like the Spurs they will find rotation guys left and right.
I'm actually open in trading Butler as well.

effen5
05-03-2014, 11:33 AM
I read the link. It's just some dudes opinion. Dosn't mean fact. Harden isn't going anywhere. And if you honestly think he is, I question your basketball knowledge.

You should question his knowledge anyway.

east fb knicks
05-03-2014, 01:26 PM
Bulls should trade EVERYONE including to but not limited to....

Rose, Butler, Noah, Snell, Boozer, Nazr, Jimmer, DJ, Brewer, Taj, KH12, Mirotic, 3 x 1s and Thibs

and Benny

Get it done GarPaxForManBennysDorf!!!!!!!

now this deal id do :D but you don't think we could get a couple more first

east fb knicks
05-03-2014, 01:30 PM
It doesn't matter who is offered. It all depends where Melo wants to go. Miami could offer Lebron and it doesn't matter one bit because Melo is only doing a sign and trade if he takes that route for the team he wants to go to. Nobody has to get in a bidding war over him, he is only going to the team he wants to go to.

So Houston offers one of their top players making them a weaker team. How does that help sell Melo? "Come on over here! We play in a tougher conference and just shipped off one of our best players, only a few more years away! Play with Lin, and watch us spend 15 mil on Asik who can't play with Dwight."

And why don't they have the cap? You are talking about one contract to move, a guy who can be amnestied... Who that Melo would want to play for has a better deal than that? Throw in some sweeteners and trade off Boozer to a NY if you want, with a few firsts, and call it good. NY is going to make money hand over foot. They can take on that contract for rookies and cap space next year. Or amnesty him and make that lost money back in year 1 with a marketable guy like Melo. Of course they want to trade him, but I don't think for a second that paying Boozers contract is going to keep them from adding a player they want.

Houston is tighter against the cap thanks to those poision pill years for Lin and Asik. This is the year that their deals are awful. 15 mil each. That's why people are throwing around Harden after a poor series even though it takes away a big three which is their best selling point. Because where do you find a team willing to give up 30 mil on those guys?

The interesting part of this. With the new cap, just by losing Boozer they can keep their roster, add Melo at 22 mil a year, STILL add Mirotic at 5 mil a year and STILL be right at the cap.

I am not sure where you think Houston will have an easier time. Moving Lin AND Asik? I can see NY taking on Asik, but then they have to get another deal done for Lin there.

bro you obviously don't know how a s and t works research it and post again when you say something that makes sense thanx:D

east fb knicks
05-03-2014, 01:34 PM

I never said he was going anywhere but I did say you guys are in cap hell if you guys want melo harden or d12 would have to be included but it does make sense to trade harden and unload asik or lin on us and you guys could get rondo
melo d12 rondo >melo harden d12

and I don't really want harden dude is overrated how the fudge you can't get out of the first rd with that stacked roster the rockets were my pick to come out of the west:facepalm:

east fb knicks
05-03-2014, 01:43 PM
Actually the most logical conclusion one can make is that the Knicks overachieved last year and they are right where they belong. Out of the playoffs. Lets see here, Bulls won 48, 45, 50, 62 the last 4 years...pretty consistent? Knicks won 37,54,36,42...inconsistently consistent. Bulls won 6 games less than your overachieving Knicks last year with trading Deng, and no Rose, and no consistent scorer. My conclusion? Bulls are consistently good why the Knicks are consistently inconsistent.

lmao your not a bulls homer at all first off last year we had a better record than the bulls and before that rose was him self now it's been two years since ya boy played and this year you guys were just the product of a very bad east while my knicks were the product of bad coaching we lost 17 games by 3 points are fewer this year guess what if we had won atleast half we would have at least been the 5 seed if we won almost all guess what we would have had a better record than you guys ntm Tyson was out early on at one point this year we were 3 15 and tied with the bucks for the worst record in the league I under stand your a bulls homer but your team lacks talent it's not even debatable or you guys would have atleast won more than one game with hca

east fb knicks
05-03-2014, 01:50 PM
If Melo really puts championship first, he'd take 15.5 (just his first year) so we could keep MDJ.

Rose/DJA(RoomMLE)/Hinrich(VetMin)
Butler/Snell
Melo/MDJ
Taj/Smith
Noah/VetMin

With 16 and 19 picks we go for 1-3 and 4/5-5 guys, in either order, predicated by best player available. That or trade up for a guard.

I'd be stoked.

ok so here is where reality sets in amnestying boozer alone won't even give you guys the money to offer 15 mill you'd have to get rid of the two first regardless and mdj also has to go while your team would still be good thats not going to beat the heat and they wouldn't even be a top 4 seed in the west

rose
butler
melo
Gibson
noah

you would have no bench just a bunch of vet min guys and your mle to resign kirk or dj lmao if your just happy with regular season success I guess but that team is no contender I can make an argument that deng is more valuable to that squad than melo and you guys gave him up for nothing:facepalm:

DR_1
05-03-2014, 02:16 PM

Why would the Rockets give up Harden or Dwight for Melo? Harden is definitely more valuable IMO and and Dwight is also more valuable IMO- elite bigs are harder to find, plus Melo and Harden are both ball dominant. If Melo leaves the Knicks will odds are not likely to be getting a superstar back IMO. If Melo wants to leave New York what leverage does Phil Jackson have?

Asik's better
05-03-2014, 02:28 PM
I never said he was going anywhere but I did say you guys are in cap hell if you guys want melo harden or d12 would have to be included but it does make sense to trade harden and unload asik or lin on us and you guys could get rondo

and I don't really want harden dude is overrated how the fudge you can't get out of the first rd with that stacked roster the rockets were my pick to come out of the west:facepalm:
No they wouldn't. Asik, Lin, Parsons and Tjones plus a 1st would be enough, but I doubt DM would even give up that much for melo.

Also coaching is the reason the rockets got sent home. I thought you would understand that as a Knicks fan that coaching can hold a team back but then again the rockets where your pick to come out of the west which makes me question you basketball knowledge. Again.

Dade County
05-03-2014, 02:29 PM
Phil Jackson will not be able to get a star back for Melo in a sign & trade... So that means, Melo will not be getting his full pay day.

Melo will walk and sign with either the Clips, Houston, bulls, Lakers (if they can get a top 3 draft pick and package it for Love, or the HEAT (brother hood members... free rings).

OP, I think the bulls are 3rd on the list, unless they can grab another star player to team up with rose (creating their own big 3). They would have to trade Gibson, Noah...etc

effen5
05-03-2014, 02:30 PM
lmao your not a bulls homer at all first off last year we had a better record than the bulls and before that rose was him self now it's been two years since ya boy played and this year you guys were just the product of a very bad east while my knicks were the product of bad coaching we lost 17 games by 3 points are fewer this year guess what if we had won atleast half we would have at least been the 5 seed if we won almost all guess what we would have had a better record than you guys ntm Tyson was out early on at one point this year we were 3 15 and tied with the bucks for the worst record in the league I under stand your a bulls homer but your team lacks talent it's not even debatable or you guys would have atleast won more than one game with hca

I just want to make sure I understand your logic. The same guy who coached your team to 50+ wins is the reason you guys only won 37 this year? Or is it because your so called talent is so overrated that they over achieved last year ie JR Smith? While I understand we do lack talent, the knicks team would be the last team the bulls had to worry about the last decade, probably the next 5 years as well.

effen5
05-03-2014, 02:37 PM

Kinda sounds like melo or are you going to give him a million excuses

jeter 2
05-03-2014, 02:48 PM
I think the problem with Houston and Chicago is that they might not be able to afford Melo.

Chicago would have to clear a ton of cap space just to be able to talk to Melo. And then the question becomes would Melo take a chance Derrick Rose's knees. That a little iffy to me.

Houston would probably be his best destination but I don't know if Houston wants Melo. I read earlier today that they might be trying to get Kevin Love, which would then take them out of the Melo saga.

If I'm Melo, I'd pick up my option and try to form a Big 3 next year. Championship teams are hard to form. You can argue that there's only one team that's able to win a championship and that's the Miami Heat.

chitownbulls
05-03-2014, 03:19 PM

This this and this.

mdm692
05-03-2014, 03:55 PM
Dragic won 48 with Bledsoe injured for a good chunk of the season and the 2nd and 3rd best players are worldwide journey men(PJ and Green). Melos team sucks no doubt but they should of been in Atlantas spot specially with Horford out.

mdm692
05-03-2014, 04:00 PM

Winner. Also Thibs is one of the few coaches that can keep Melo motivated to play on BOTH ends of the floor.

smood999
05-03-2014, 04:45 PM

You do realize it's the first time he's never led a team to the playoffs in 11 seasons

Pierzynski4Prez
05-03-2014, 06:12 PM
I don't get how this kid still didn't realize Melo is a free agent. It's not the trade deadline. Melo can go to anyone with decent cap space. Why would he want to gut a team that he is about to go to? Isn't that why he'd leave now? I still think he stays, but this kid has zero logic in his thoughts. Just cuz Phil Jackson is in place doesn't mean ****.

Pierzynski4Prez
05-03-2014, 06:15 PM

bro you obviously don't know how a s and t works research it and post again when you say something that makes sense thanx:D

You obviously have no idea how free agency works. I have yet to see a single poster in any of your threads agree with you, even Knick fans.

east fb knicks
05-03-2014, 07:07 PM
I don't get how this kid still didn't realize Melo is a free agent. It's not the trade deadline. Melo can go to anyone with decent cap space. Why would he want to gut a team that he is about to go to? Isn't that why he'd leave now? I still think he stays, but this kid has zero logic in his thoughts. Just cuz Phil Jackson is in place doesn't mean ****.

andyou must not know how a salary cap works

Pierzynski4Prez
05-03-2014, 08:22 PM

So are you saying a team with max cap space or even say 16-20 million in cap room can't obtain Melo without having to trade assets to the Knicks? Don't deflect the question by bringing up the Bulls either.

Could LA, Philly, etc. obtain Melo without doing a sign and trade? Answer the question.

slashsnake
05-03-2014, 10:00 PM

Yes..

Bulls have to move or amnesty boozer and they have enough.

What does Houston have to do? Trade Lin and Asik at 15 mil each this year.

Now East FB... since I don't know how a S&T works with potential suitors that can just sign Melo as well, please tell me how the Knicks have a say in where Melo goes? That is your point. They can keep him and hold him from a team he wants to go to. Please, tell me where that's happened, how it would happen?

slashsnake
05-03-2014, 10:06 PM
You do realize it's the first time he's never led a team to the playoffs in 11 seasons

And you realize he's setting records for playoff futility with his losses there. I think better coaching will help. But I get tired of hearing he's a better "team defender" when he seems to just reach rather than move his feet still and things like that.

slashsnake
05-03-2014, 10:18 PM
ok so here is where reality sets in amnestying boozer alone won't even give you guys the money to offer 15 mill you'd have to get rid of the two first regardless and mdj also has to go while your team would still be good thats not going to beat the heat and they wouldn't even be a top 4 seed in the west

Based on what? Do you actually have numbers to back this up or hope? Quit saying you have no idea, and backing it up with nothing here. Or hope Harden gets traded.

What are you talking about on the “have to trade first round picks” When has a team EVER, in the history of the NBA either said “nope we want this perennial all star, but am not giving up mid round 1st rounders for assets from other teams for him” or “We’ve got him, but we just can’t find someone who will take out draft picks off us”?

I’d like one scenario where that’s ever played out. And why does MDJ have to go? He fits under the cap still. Either way he's a 3 million dollar player who rebounds, passes, shoots the ball, and I've already shown you is a better performer than most players at that price. Why is that an issue here?

You keep bringing up these minor minor things as massive roadblocks. Have to move a 3 million dollar player (they don't). Have to move picks, like teams are out there not wanting picks in this years draft. Lets hear some real reasons instead of these minor things over and over. How do you move Lin AND Asik?

east fb knicks
05-03-2014, 10:23 PM
Based on what? Do you actually have numbers to back this up or hope? Quit saying you have no idea, and backing it up with nothing here. Or hope Harden gets traded.

What are you talking about on the “have to trade first round picks” When has a team EVER, in the history of the NBA either said “nope we want this perennial all star, but am not giving up mid round 1st rounders for assets from other teams for him” or “We’ve got him, but we just can’t find someone who will take out draft picks off us”?

I’d like one scenario where that’s ever played out. And why does MDJ have to go? He fits under the cap still. Either way he's a 3 million dollar player who rebounds, passes, shoots the ball, and I've already shown you is a better performer than most players at that price. Why is that an issue here?

You keep bringing up these minor minor things as massive roadblocks. Have to move a 3 million dollar player (they don't). Have to move picks, like teams are out there not wanting picks in this years draft. Lets hear some real reasons instead of these minor things over and over. How do you move Lin AND Asik?

when it comes to signing a star 3 mill might just be a big enough road block

east fb knicks
05-03-2014, 10:24 PM
Yes..

Bulls have to move or amnesty boozer and they have enough.

What does Houston have to do? Trade Lin and Asik at 15 mil each this year.

Now East FB... since I don't know how a S&T works with potential suitors that can just sign Melo as well, please tell me how the Knicks have a say in where Melo goes? That is your point. They can keep him and hold him from a team he wants to go to. Please, tell me where that's happened, how it would happen?

no:facepalm: il let you figure it out

east fb knicks
05-03-2014, 10:27 PM
So are you saying a team with max cap space or even say 16-20 million in cap room can't obtain Melo without having to trade assets to the Knicks? Don't deflect the question by bringing up the Bulls either.

Could LA, Philly, etc. obtain Melo without doing a sign and trade? Answer the question.

ok they could get melo whats your point:facepalm:

slashsnake
05-03-2014, 10:30 PM
when it comes to signing a star 3 mill might just be a big enough road block

Really, so that has happened before? Interested team had it all locked up but that 3 million expiring contract on a player worth that money held it up? Or are you just hoping with no chance of that being reality here?

Munkeysuit
05-03-2014, 10:36 PM
Melo goes to Bulls and they still won't get past Miami...there will be other teams already running out the gates with a head start in the East, Bulls will need a major make over to compete for a title...meaning they'll need more than Melo to win.

slashsnake
05-03-2014, 10:40 PM
Melo goes to Bulls and they still won't get past Miami...there will be other teams already running out the gates with a head start in the East, Bulls will need a major make over to compete for a title...meaning they'll need more than Melo to win.

I don't know... Miami could be a little lazy again, could struggle, age could start catching up with them pretty easily.

A lot depends on Rose's return, but I think if he's near what he was, they have a really good team.

I would call adding in a healthy Rose (again big question), and Melo is a major makeover.

smiddy012
05-03-2014, 10:46 PM
IF Rose is healthy, Rose/Butler/Melo/Taj/Noah is by far the Bull's best starting 5 since MJ. And they would be Miami's biggest test out of the East since the big 3 formed.

cssdmark
05-03-2014, 10:59 PM
All these posters are right, Melo sucks that is why I think he should stay in New York, oh but he is better than Demar Derozan

Ill21
05-03-2014, 11:42 PM
yes please

Pierzynski4Prez
05-03-2014, 11:55 PM
ok they could get melo whats your point:facepalm:

And not give up ****. That's the point, which 100% goes completely against everything you've been screaming for weeks when people prove you wrong and wrong again. Yet you facepalm to what, look even worse on top of it? Give it up

east fb knicks
05-04-2014, 12:16 AM
And not give up ****. That's the point, which 100% goes completely against everything you've been screaming for weeks when people prove you wrong and wrong again. Yet you facepalm to what, look even worse on top of it? Give it up

your not the brightest crayon in the box are you obviously teams with cap can sign him

you have just won the captain obvious award:bow:

now guess what genius the BULLS DON'T HAVE THE CAP TO SIGN HIM

Pierzynski4Prez
05-04-2014, 12:22 AM
your not the brightest crayon in the box are you obviously teams with cap can sign him

Yep, deflect things back to the Bulls, you really are clueless and get dumber every time you post I think.

Don't respond.

slashsnake
05-04-2014, 12:43 AM

Not without a few things happening, like a 5 million dollar increase to the NBA cap and a player with 16.8 million in salary that they could amnesty... Now if only those two things could be a possibility....

The funny thing is how you keep talking Houston, who has LESS CAP SPACE THAN CHICAGO!!!! And nobody they can amnesty. You whine incessantly about Dunleavy at 3 million and potentially moving him. What about Asik at 15 million??? I know he's a good player but you are talking Marc Gasol, Kevin Love, Lamarcus Aldridge, Blake Griffin, more than Bogut, Al Jefferson and Ibaka type money here.

And then lets say they move that. Now they need to find another trade parter for Jeremy Lin at the same price. He gets more than Harden next year. The entire reason for that salary is so nobody else could match it and take it on. Guess what. Now that is the year that has to be unloaded, and somebody has to want that deal.

Really, if you want to talk basketball learn the sport and talk it. Don't just keep putting in your fun little faces with nothing of any substance, or outlandish scenarios that just show how little you really know.

east fb knicks
05-04-2014, 12:48 AM
Not without a few things happening, like a 5 million dollar increase to the NBA cap and a player with 16.8 million in salary that they could amnesty... Now if only those two things could be a possibility....

The funny thing is how you keep talking Houston, who has LESS CAP SPACE THAN CHICAGO!!!! And nobody they can amnesty. You whine incessantly about Dunleavy at 3 million and potentially moving him. What about Asik at 15 million??? I know he's a good player but you are talking Marc Gasol, Kevin Love, Lamarcus Aldridge, Blake Griffin, more than Bogut, Al Jefferson and Ibaka type money here.

And then lets say they move that. Now they need to find another trade parter for Jeremy Lin at the same price. He gets more than Harden next year. The entire reason for that salary is so nobody else could match it and take it on. Guess what. Now that is the year that has to be unloaded, and somebody has to want that deal.

Really, if you want to talk basketball learn the sport and talk it. Don't just keep putting in your fun little faces with nothing of any substance, or outlandish scenarios that just show how little you really know.

you do realize asik and lin cap hit is 8 mill right:facepalm:

you do realize the bulls can't just amnesty boozer and sign melo right:facepalm:

so like i said how about you read the link I posted it speaks about all of these thing I just said and its a bulls beat writer

ONCE YOU DO THAT RESPOND WITH SOME INTELLIGENCE PLEASE:D

east fb knicks
05-04-2014, 12:56 AM
Yep, deflect things back to the Bulls, you really are clueless and get dumber every time you post I think.

Don't respond.

:laugh2: bro just stop posting I even posted a link with a BULLS beat writer saying the same exact things I've been saying melo to the bulls was a cute story for espn to run with but in all reality its not happening

so now you are resulting to bringing up teams with cap you know melo won't sign with:facepalm:

slashsnake
05-04-2014, 01:12 AM
you do realize asik and lin cap hit is 8 mill right:facepalm:

you do realize the bulls can't just amnesty boozer and sign melo right:facepalm:

so like i said how about you read the link I posted it speaks about all of these thing I just said and its a bulls beat writer

ONCE YOU DO THAT RESPOND WITH SOME INTELLIGENCE PLEASE:D

lol.. you do realize we are talking how much they are being paid, I said that before. "the entire reason for the SALARY" Not the cap hit. Wow, you can't even get the simple things here can you?
What owner is going to be happy spending 15 mil a year on these guys? This isn't spending 15 mil to amnesty boozer to get Melo. This is spending 15 mil to get Lin. Sure the cap hit is 3 year average. Get with the program here.

And what are you basing the other one on. How much is Melo asking? Oh wait, you don't know. If he's asking over 20 mil a year, then yes, its Boozer and Dunleavy.

Look, you don't understand basic concepts. You can't differentiate salary and cap hit. You are relying on a team beat writer over national news sources, ex NBA GM's, and even players themselves. Talk about digging to the bottom of the barrel there. You keep bringing up the same tired arguments that have no validity. Your boring. Never mind. I'll agree with you. Lin and Asik look a lot better than Dunleavy and draft picks. Knicks hold all the cards. Melo is worth more than Lebron. Whatever, its like debating with a 3 year old. Done.

smith&wesson
05-04-2014, 01:46 AM
The bulls don't really have to gut their team... first of all their team is their system. thibs doesn't get enough credit. Rose is injured, and other than Noah, Butler, & Gibson there isn't any one on that team that's going to be there long term.

Noah and Melo front court would be very hard to match if it were to ever happen. Thibs will make melo look like a real super star and the bulls would be a dangerous team with or with out rose.

king4day
05-04-2014, 01:48 AM

NY should def do that if Houston made that offer. Could be a nice starting point to reload.

east fb knicks
05-04-2014, 04:45 AM
lol.. you do realize we are talking how much they are being paid, I said that before. "the entire reason for the SALARY" Not the cap hit. Wow, you can't even get the simple things here can you?
What owner is going to be happy spending 15 mil a year on these guys? This isn't spending 15 mil to amnesty boozer to get Melo. This is spending 15 mil to get Lin. Sure the cap hit is 3 year average. Get with the program here.
And what are you basing the other one on. How much is Melo asking? Oh wait, you don't know. If he's asking over 20 mil a year, then yes, its Boozer and Dunleavy.

Look, you don't understand basic concepts. You can't differentiate salary and cap hit. You are relying on a team beat writer over national news sources, ex NBA GM's, and even players themselves. Talk about digging to the bottom of the barrel there. You keep bringing up the same tired arguments that have no validity. Your boring. Never mind. I'll agree with you. Lin and Asik look a lot better than Dunleavy and draft picks. Knicks hold all the cards. Melo is worth more than Lebron. Whatever, its like debating with a 3 year old. Done.

read the link again:facepalm:

slashsnake
05-04-2014, 07:07 AM
read the link again:facepalm:

Oh this is so funny... Your entire point of that team writer was "my original proposal was mirotic butler Gibson 2 first and you guys called me crazy well it looks like even my proposal might not even be enough for phil to even think about the sign and trade"

And his entire bit on the people moved is in a pure free agent pickup in Melo, giving NY nothing back in return. His entire post there is his guess on the moves they need to make to free up space to get anthony as a free agent (aka giving them up first then trying to sign Melo, not holding on to them and doing a sign and trade).

So you are unknowingly using an article about the Knicks getting nothing for Melo leaving as a free agent as proof the Knicks will get a lot. That is too funny

And thanks for not answering yet another question but just trying again to change the subject... the Closest it says is "So there you are now waiting for Anthony to sign with you. Would he do that and, by the way, accept $30 million less even if you can pay him the maximum?"

That is your intelligent response? I ask you if you know what he's asking for and you point to an article where a beat writer says Who knows?

So your answer is no. You have no idea what he's asking for, if he will pull a Dwight and leave that money on the table, if he will pull a Lebron/Bosh/Wade and take 16 mil a year, basically you are facepalming yourself there. Got it. You are basing your numbers on a guys story who says he has no idea what Melo MIGHT ask for and who hasn't once spoken to Melo. Got it.

That is why I am saying you don't understand basic concepts here. You post a link of one writers opinion who readily admits he has no idea and try to make it news. You post an article about a free agent pickup, to try and show a sign and trade.

slashsnake
05-04-2014, 07:10 AM
That has to be the greatest part of your thread looking back and actually reading the mailbag article. A beat writer talking about what his team might need to do to get Melo as a free agent and you thought he was talking about a sign and trade and what the Knicks could land. He even said "That, of course, is a most unlikely proposition" when talking about a sign and trade as a method to get Melo... ouch.

Thread done?

effen5
05-04-2014, 08:48 AM
Well since snake pretty much owned this thread I think it's safe to say we can lock it.

Ezekial
05-04-2014, 09:47 AM
Lol this thread.

Pierzynski4Prez
05-04-2014, 01:15 PM
It's horrible. Apparently all you have to do is put a facepalm it magically hides your stupidity.

east fb knicks
05-04-2014, 04:12 PM
That has to be the greatest part of your thread looking back and actually reading the mailbag article. A beat writer talking about what his team might need to do to get Melo as a free agent and you thought he was talking about a sign and trade and what the Knicks could land. He even said "That, of course, is a most unlikely proposition" when talking about a sign and trade as a method to get Melo... ouch.

Thread done?

lmao you call yourself smart but yet you fail to understand the bulls would have to unload the two first and boozer just to offer melo 15 16 mill that's why I kept telling you to READ the link:laugh:

east fb knicks
05-04-2014, 04:20 PM
It's horrible. Apparently all you have to do is put a facepalm it magically hides your stupidity.

and apparently all you have to do is invite some bulls homers and ignore the facts and you guys owned the thread don't get mad at me bro again a BULLS beat writer said all of this

to some this up to you brain dead bulls fans either way you guys would have to give up on 2 first mirotic Dunleavy and boozer to get melo so my question was should the bulls gut their team for melo giving up future prospects and a couple role players is huge for a team that would be in cap hell if they signed melo I understand you guys don't like me but the facts are there

have fun being the new atl hawks of the east once melo turns you guys down:D

Bartlee23
05-04-2014, 04:58 PM
and apparently all you have to do is invite some bulls homers and ignore the facts and you guys owned the thread don't get mad at me bro again a BULLS beat writer said all of this

to some this up to you brain dead bulls fans either way you guys would have to give up on 2 first mirotic Dunleavy and boozer to get melo so my question was should the bulls gut their team for melo giving up future prospects and a couple role players is huge for a team that would be in cap hell if they signed melo I understand you guys don't like me but the facts are there

What facts has anyone ignored that has responded to you? You have no clue what you are talking about and won't listen when someone proves you wrong. What's so hard to understand that if Carmelo wanted to come to Chicago that they could make it happen with little effort?

Chicago can amnesty Boozer this summer that would free up quite a bit of money. The cap has been raised 5 million making even more room. Mirotic will probably more than likely not come over this year so Chicago would not have to worry about making any room for him this year. As everyone has said to you and you continue to ignore, no one knows what Carmelo would be willing to sign for if he came over to Chicago.

Even if he doesn't go to Chicago we have so many options we can go to that would make our team better where as your team is going to be the same team it was this year sitting in salary cap hell and not making the playoffs.

Our future is so much brighter than yours yet you want to come back with a childish remark of "have fun being the new atl hawks of the east once melo turns you guys down." My suggestion to you is give up while you have any dignity/respect left.

effen5
05-04-2014, 05:24 PM

Have fun being the same old embarrassing knicks when you re-sign melo for the max.

NYKNYGNYY
05-04-2014, 05:46 PM
Can u guys stop making fun of the Knicks because of one person... It's like a knife going into my heart everytime I hear a Knicks joke.. Because there true :'(

ChitownSports16
05-04-2014, 05:52 PM
^ lol

Stunner
05-04-2014, 05:58 PM
Can u guys stop making fun of the Knicks because of one person... It's like a knife going into my heart everytime I hear a Knicks joke.. Because there true :'(

sorry

Dtowne
05-04-2014, 06:08 PM
Correct if I'm wrong but didn't the Heat do a sign and trade with Cleveland when they signed Lebron and only gave up 2 firsts and 2 seconds?

So couldn't thebulls theoretically do the same after ambestying boozer?

SluggeR
05-04-2014, 07:28 PM
Correct if I'm wrong but didn't the Heat do a sign and trade with Cleveland when they signed Lebron and only gave up 2 firsts and 2 seconds?

So couldn't thebulls theoretically do the same after ambestying boozer?

Miami had cap room to get Lebron, especially since he signed for waaay less than his value. The sign-n-trade was Lebron helping the Cavs and the Cavs helping Lebron get an extra year on his contract with Miami. Cavs could have lost him for nothing, so they played ball and settled for crumbs.

east fb knicks
05-04-2014, 08:32 PM
[/b]

Have fun being the same old embarrassing knicks when you re-sign melo for the max.

thanx at least our star actually plays:D

cmellofan15
05-04-2014, 08:40 PM

does that even matter?? Bulls without Rose made the playoffs as the three seed and New York didn't sniff forty wins.

Stunner
05-04-2014, 08:41 PM
does that even matter?? Bulls without Rose made the playoffs as the three seed and New York didn't sniff forty wins.

😭😭😭😭

DaBear
05-04-2014, 08:43 PM

At least our team is still relevant.

east fb knicks
05-04-2014, 08:58 PM

ummmmm yeah we kinda won 54 games the year before this is melo's first time missing the playoffs and more important we don't have to worry about his career being over for all yall know rose is the next b roy:D

east fb knicks
05-04-2014, 09:00 PM
At least our team is still relevant.

why because you guys only won one game with hca in the first rd:facepalm:

you guys were struggling to score 80 pts:laugh:

Stunner
05-04-2014, 09:08 PM
I'm tired of this guy

effen5
05-04-2014, 09:17 PM
ummmmm yeah we kinda won 54 games the year before this is melo's first time missing the playoffs and more important we don't have to worry about his career being over for all yall know rose is the next b roy:D

Yea that 54 win season was a fluke because you didn't win 40 this year you guys won what 42 the year before? And much less then that the previous year. We sniff 50 wins every year.

Bartlee23
05-04-2014, 09:27 PM
I'm tired of this guy

I like him. He gets dumber everytime he posts. Makes me laugh.... even the New York fans can't stand him. You'll never make him understand anything because he's just not that smart.

DaBear
05-04-2014, 09:38 PM
why because you guys only won one game with hca in the first rd:facepalm:

you guys were struggling to score 80 pts:laugh:

How many games did the Knicks play in the playoffs?

It's funny because we were too good to not make the playoffs in this weak conference (even after trading Deng), but NY still couldn't make it to the playoffs :laugh2:

slashsnake
05-04-2014, 10:44 PM
lmao you call yourself smart but yet you fail to understand the bulls would have to unload the two first and boozer just to offer melo 15 16 mill that's why I kept telling you to READ the link:laugh:

And the link says nothing. It is one writers opinion that IF melo wants a max deal this may need to get done. READ YOUR LINK! Maybe Melo did say he's looking for a max deal in free agency lately... Can you find that quote?

How did you think that was a sign and trade? did you not even understand your own link there?

And nice responses...

"Oh everyones a Bulls homer" ummm, nope, Nuggets fan. I'll take the Heat, Pacers, and Nets in the East to cheer for over Chicago. Lots of other fans disagreeing with the Knick homer.

"haha your star is hurt" what are you? 5?

"you have to give up this"... READ YOUR ARTICLE. You are basing that on one writer who readily admits he has no clue what Melo would ask for. Can you be more arbitrary?

Your defense has come down to facepalms and name calling. Admit it, you used a authors work having no idea what he was talking about it and tried to make it fit the situation you wanted and when someone actually looked at it and saw it didn't you resorted to trolling and name calling. Whatever.

IF Melo wants max, that would be a tough decision to make for Chicago. I probably wouldn't go for that. But no, his article doesn't say NY will get all these parts (actually says the opposite if you read it), and that is only based on one situation.

east fb knicks
05-04-2014, 11:42 PM
And the link says nothing. It is one writers opinion that IF melo wants a max deal this may need to get done. READ YOUR LINK! Maybe Melo did say he's looking for a max deal in free agency lately... Can you find that quote?

How did you think that was a sign and trade? did you not even understand your own link there?

And nice responses...

"Oh everyones a Bulls homer" ummm, nope, Nuggets fan. I'll take the Heat, Pacers, and Nets in the East to cheer for over Chicago. Lots of other fans disagreeing with the Knick homer.

"haha your star is hurt" what are you? 5?

"you have to give up this"... READ YOUR ARTICLE. You are basing that on one writer who readily admits he has no clue what Melo would ask for. Can you be more arbitrary?

Your defense has come down to facepalms and name calling. Admit it, you used a authors work having no idea what he was talking about it and tried to make it fit the situation you wanted and when someone actually looked at it and saw it didn't you resorted to trolling and name calling. Whatever.

IF Melo wants max, that would be a tough decision to make for Chicago. I probably wouldn't go for that. But no, his article doesn't say NY will get all these parts (actually says the opposite if you read it), and that is only based on one situation.

just because you write a lot of stuff doesn't mean it makes sense if you think im wrong plz jump back on the topic which is either way you guys have to gut your team for melo attacking my team has nothing to do with this as bad as your team is you still have the best coach in the league so just be happy with that you guys are a bunch of bitter old bulls fans:D

east fb knicks
05-04-2014, 11:45 PM
Yea that 54 win season was a fluke because you didn't win 40 this year you guys won what 42 the year before? And much less then that the previous year. We sniff 50 wins every year.

you do realize we had different players each year right our 54 wins weren't a fluke we just lost key pieces and never replaced them and you guys haven't won 50 games in 2 years

DaBear
05-04-2014, 11:55 PM
you do realize we had different players each year right our 54 wins weren't a fluke we just lost key pieces and never replaced them and you guys haven't won 50 games in 2 years

Yeah because we weren't missing our best player or anything...

Sofnr
05-05-2014, 12:06 AM
just because you write a lot of stuff doesn't mean it makes sense if you think im wrong plz jump back on the topic which is either way you guys have to gut your team for melo attacking my team has nothing to do with this as bad as your team is you still have the best coach in the league so just be happy with that you guys are a bunch of bitter old bulls fans:D

You either have horrible reading comprehension or you're just not even bothering to read the posts you are quoting. He makes it very clear he's not even a Bulls fan in the post you just quoted and responded to. You don't have a very good grip on this whole situation. Maybe it's time to give it up. The Bulls wouldn't gut their team for Melo. It would be counter productive. But they won't have to. There are many options available if they decide to pursue Melo.

chitownbulls
05-05-2014, 02:16 AM
Even if the Bulls don't get Melo, I guarantee the Bulls get a top 3 seed next year and New York is no higher than 6

ROY 2 MVP Braun
05-05-2014, 04:45 AM
i wish i could sig qoute this whole thread! This 1 NYK fan makes our whole nba forum look horrible to people who look at this site who are not members. if i came here and read something like this i would never join! Its funny how everyone else even non bulls fan are telling that person he's wrong and he still can not admit it! LOL

Asik's better
05-05-2014, 06:09 AM
i wish i could sig qoute this whole thread! This 1 NYK fan makes our whole nba forum look horrible to people who look at this site who are not members. if i came here and read something like this i would never join! Its funny how everyone else even non bulls fan are telling that person he's wrong and he still can not admit it! LOL

In fareness a lot of nba threads on this website would turn people off from joining.

PhillyFaninLA
05-05-2014, 08:11 AM

Maybe you should talk to the person making your fan base look terrible and not to those responding to it

PhillyFaninLA
05-05-2014, 08:13 AM

And the Bulls actually make and can win a series from time to time in the playoffs, and the Knicks aren't bad enough to do what the Sixers did.

The Knicks are in the worst possible situation, they are stuck being bad but not bad enough.

east fb knicks
05-05-2014, 04:17 PM
And the Bulls actually make and can win a series from time to time in the playoffs, and the Knicks aren't bad enough to do what the Sixers did.

The Knicks are in the worst possible situation, they are stuck being bad but not bad enough.

you do realize if melo resigns we would have enough for two more maxes right:facepalm:

east fb knicks
05-05-2014, 04:22 PM
http://www.xnsports.com/2014/05/02/nba-trade-rumors-knicks-hoping-land-joakim-noah/

for all the haters in this thread :burn:

east fb knicks
05-05-2014, 04:36 PM
oh and I got another one :burn:

http://www.jobsnhire.com/articles/9677/20140502/nba-nba-trade-rumors-chicago-bulls-trade-new-york-knicks-joakim-noah-carmelo-anthony-trade-nba-news.htm

Stunner
05-05-2014, 04:38 PM
Can this thread die ?

east fb knicks
05-05-2014, 04:38 PM
The Chicago Bulls and New York Knicks will likely enter free agency as the favorites to land Anthony.

The Bulls need a big upgrade on offense and Anthony could be that missing piece while the Knicks are where Anthony originally wanted to be and can offer him a bigger, longer deal than any other team.

If there is a trade between the Bulls and the Knicks, it would likely be a sign-and-trade that would send Anthony to Chicago, but according to a select few, it could be Bulls’ All-Star center Joakim Noah moving on to New York.Although it is clearly not likely, Sam Smith of Bulls.com has heard the rumor.

New York is about stars. Plus, they have a shot at LeBron next summer if they hang onto ‘Melo; not if they lose him. So Phil’s got to get a star if he loses Anthony. I’ve heard this one: The Knicks get Noah and the Bulls get Tyson Chandler, a good expiring deal so they can go after Kevin Love next year, and Iman Shumpert, who is from Chicago and a good defender who Thibs would like and Pablo Prigioni, a good backup point if they lose Augustin and Hinrich.
http://fansided.com/2014/05/02/nba-rumors-chicago-bulls-trade-joakim-noah-new-york-knicks/#!I3qPi

:burn: :burn::burn:

mjm07
05-05-2014, 04:43 PM
you do realize if melo resigns we would have enough for two more maxes right:facepalm:

resigns at what yearly salary? And did you forget about Amare/J.R.?

east fb knicks
05-05-2014, 04:45 PM
dam it feels good to be right and show these haters I was right all along come on now somebody come out and say im wrong

not only a BULLS writer but two other links I must be so dumb and don't know what im talking about huh:bla:

thank you bulls fans and haters it's been fun:bow:

:dance::layup::ballspinning::around-the-world::towel-wave::dance:

east fb knicks
05-05-2014, 04:47 PM
resigns at what yearly salary? And did you forget about Amare/J.R.?

in 2015 obviously and with the cap going up he could sign his super max and we still good:laugh:

mjm07
05-05-2014, 04:50 PM
in 2015 obviously and with the cap going up he could sign his super max and we still good:laugh:

So you expect Melo to opt-in and then re-up long term with the knicks in 15-16 season and obv sign 2 max players? ( the other option is of course to trade him of couse )

The only way the Knicks get two addl max players is if Melo takes a severe pay cut and Melo hasn't shown he'd ever do that.

Pierzynski4Prez
05-05-2014, 04:51 PM
Can this thread die ?

You think it would've been closed a while ago.

http://www.xnsports.com/2014/05/02/nba-trade-rumors-knicks-hoping-land-joakim-noah/

for all the haters in this thread :burn:

Wow, good link. An article the Knicks want Noah. The Jazz also want Lebron. Should we consider that as a realistic option too? Damn haters.

oh and I got another one :burn:

http://www.jobsnhire.com/articles/9677/20140502/nba-nba-trade-rumors-chicago-bulls-trade-new-york-knicks-joakim-noah-carmelo-anthony-trade-nba-news.htm

****in BUUUURNNNNN. Jobsnhire.com Don't you guys know? That's who knows what's going to happen. Damn dude you burned them all.

The Chicago Bulls and New York Knicks will likely enter free agency as the favorites to land Anthony.

The Bulls need a big upgrade on offense and Anthony could be that missing piece while the Knicks are where Anthony originally wanted to be and can offer him a bigger, longer deal than any other team.

If there is a trade between the Bulls and the Knicks, it would likely be a sign-and-trade that would send Anthony to Chicago, but according to a select few, it could be Bulls’ All-Star center Joakim Noah moving on to New York.Although it is clearly not likely, Sam Smith of Bulls.com has heard the rumor.

New York is about stars. Plus, they have a shot at LeBron next summer if they hang onto ‘Melo; not if they lose him. So Phil’s got to get a star if he loses Anthony. I’ve heard this one: The Knicks get Noah and the Bulls get Tyson Chandler, a good expiring deal so they can go after Kevin Love next year, and Iman Shumpert, who is from Chicago and a good defender who Thibs would like and Pablo Prigioni, a good backup point if they lose Augustin and Hinrich.
http://fansided.com/2014/05/02/nba-rumors-chicago-bulls-trade-joakim-noah-new-york-knicks/#!I3qPi

:burn: :burn::burn:

Oh man, this one's even better. Andrew Melnick, big time author, has 1k Twitter followers, and very well known to be in not only Melo's inner circle, but the Bulls FO inner circle too. You should've facepalmed everybody on top of those huge burns you got them with.

ChitownSports16
05-05-2014, 04:58 PM
Who is this clown?? Why hasn't this been closed??????

DaBear
05-05-2014, 05:09 PM
You know this thread is getting bumped if the Bulls sign Melo and the Knicks get little to nothing.

east fb knicks
05-05-2014, 05:37 PM
So you expect Melo to opt-in and then re-up long term with the knicks in 15-16 season and obv sign 2 max players? ( the other option is of course to trade him of couse )

The only way the Knicks get two addl max players is if Melo takes a severe pay cut and Melo hasn't shown he'd ever do that.

do you know how a salary cap works melo doesn't have to take a pay cut for us to pursue tow other maxes we are asking him for a pay cut so we could build around melo plus two max stars and Idc if we go after three stars im just pointing out we can players like rondo gasol and dragic won't command max contracts

east fb knicks
05-05-2014, 05:38 PM
You know this thread is getting bumped if the Bulls sign Melo and the Knicks get little to nothing.

:hide: that would suck

MassoDio
05-05-2014, 05:48 PM
dam it feels good to be right and show these haters I was right all along come on now somebody come out and say im wrong

not only a BULLS writer but two other links I must be so dumb and don't know what im talking about huh:bla:

thank you bulls fans and haters it's been fun:bow:

:dance::layup::ballspinning::around-the-world::towel-wave::dance:

Um.....

Both of those "two other links" are referencing what Sam Smith said in the original article you posted a link to. (Which by the way is not an article, or a news piece. It is a mailbag where Sam Smith responds to people who email him, giving his opinion without doing any fact checking first.) Sam Smith has been a laughing stock to Chicago fans since the Jordan days because of how outlandish his opinions are. They are very rarely accurate or researched. But by all means, keep referencing him.

The other two "articles" are bloggers that were writing their own story using Smith's mailbag. That is not a source. That is two different bloggers referencing an opinion piece writer (The SAME writer).

So again, you have nothing. You are just spouting out stuff.

Here how is this:

Do the Bulls have enough cap space to sign Melo now? No
Will they have enough just by amnesting Boozer. No
Will they need to trade both 1st rounders and resign to the fact that they won't be able to bring Mirotic over this year? Yes and no. They would have to at least trade one first rounder, and not bring Mirotic over this year.
Would they have to trade Dunleavy? Yes. But he was offered $6 mil a year from another team before he signed with the Bulls. It will not be hard to move him at 3 mil, considering the year he had. And don't give me the "Teams won't help the Bulls get Melo" gibberish. The Bulls were able to trade Hinrich while making $10 mil a year in 2010. Teams who are not in the running for Melo DO NOT CARE if you are trying to get Melo. They are just trying to make THEIR team better. I know....that's crazy logic.
Will the Bulls likely have to let Hinrich go? Yes
Will the Bulls have to do a sign and trade with the Knicks? NO....Shocker right?

You have a very infantile way of responding to people, and an even more infantile ability to understand what anyone else is saying.

And stop posting links to articles if you can't understand what they are saying, who they are referencing, or whether or not it is an opinion piece without any facts checked.

And for the love of all that is holy, if you are going to post additional articles and try to use them to claim that there are multiple people reporting the same thing....try to have at least a minimum reading comprehension that would allow you to understand that they are referencing the same guy you did, making it all one opinion still.

east fb knicks
05-05-2014, 05:48 PM
You think it would've been closed a while ago.

Wow, good link. An article the Knicks want Noah. The Jazz also want Lebron. Should we consider that as a realistic option too? Damn haters.

****in BUUUURNNNNN. Jobsnhire.com Don't you guys know? That's who knows what's going to happen. Damn dude you burned them all.

Oh man, this one's even better. Andrew Melnick, big time author, has 1k Twitter followers, and very well known to be in not only Melo's inner circle, but the Bulls FO inner circle too. You should've facepalmed everybody on top of those huge burns you got them with.

:laugh: that's all you have to say lets just ignore thee facts and post nothing bro just be a man and admit you were wrong

melo Tyson shump for noah + fillers might not be such a bad trade for you guys it would free up a ton of cap and if rose comes back you get a all star 5 to replace noah and you get melo that would still be a contender

Tyson
Gibson
melo
shump/butler
rose

that's a dam good now add to that you guys got thibs whats so bad about that:D

P&GRealist
05-05-2014, 05:54 PM
Bulls and Knicks fans can forget about Melo.

He's going to end up a Laker.

MassoDio
05-05-2014, 06:06 PM

I don't really disagree with you. I think he either re-signs with the Knicks or he goes to the Lakers. I don't know how well that would work with him and Kobe, but I see it as a real possibility. (Mostly because of LaLa. haha)

east fb knicks
05-05-2014, 06:10 PM
Um.....

Both of those "two other links" are referencing what Sam Smith said in the original article you posted a link to. (Which by the way is not an article, or a news piece. It is a mailbag where Sam Smith responds to people who email him, giving his opinion without doing any fact checking first.) Sam Smith has been a laughing stock to Chicago fans since the Jordan days because of how outlandish his opinions are. They are very rarely accurate or researched. But by all means, keep referencing him.

The other two "articles" are bloggers that were writing their own story using Smith's mailbag. That is not a source. That is two different bloggers referencing an opinion piece writer (The SAME writer).

So again, you have nothing. You are just spouting out stuff.

Here how is this:

Do the Bulls have enough cap space to sign Melo now? No
Will they have enough just by amnesting Boozer. No
Will they need to trade both 1st rounders and resign to the fact that they won't be able to bring Mirotic over this year? Yes and no. They would have to at least trade one first rounder, and not bring Mirotic over this year.
Would they have to trade Dunleavy? Yes. But he was offered $6 mil a year from another team before he signed with the Bulls. It will not be hard to move him at 3 mil, considering the year he had. And don't give me the "Teams won't help the Bulls get Melo" gibberish. The Bulls were able to trade Hinrich while making $10 mil a year in 2010. Teams who are not in the running for Melo DO NOT CARE if you are trying to get Melo. They are just trying to make THEIR team better. I know....that's crazy logic.
Will the Bulls likely have to let Hinrich go? Yes
Will the Bulls have to do a sign and trade with the Knicks? NO....Shocker right?

You have a very infantile way of responding to people, and an even more infantile ability to understand what anyone else is saying.

And stop posting links to articles if you can't understand what they are saying, who they are referencing, or whether or not it is an opinion piece without any facts checked.

And for the love of all that is holy, if you are going to post additional articles and try to use them to claim that there are multiple people reporting the same thing....try to have at least a minimum reading comprehension that would allow you to understand that they are referencing the same guy you did, making it all one opinion still.

wow good post bro finally somebody is actually trying to explain I do agree with you on one point the bulls could makes some moves and sign Anthony outright but until they actually do im just going by ther cap look nobody would help the bulls get Anthony now whether they get Anthony or not the bulls would still be looking to unload some body this summer for 2015 or just not to pay the tax but yes the bulls could do that

op or not why would a bulls writer even bring it up if it's not an option at all or just some crazy idea I made up:eyebrow:

east fb knicks
05-05-2014, 06:12 PM

sure why not:laugh2:

MassoDio
05-05-2014, 06:33 PM
wow good post bro finally somebody is actually trying to explain I do agree with you on one point the bulls could makes some moves and sign Anthony outright but until they actually do im just going by ther cap look nobody would help the bulls get Anthony now whether they get Anthony or not the bulls would still be looking to unload some body this summer for 2015 or just not to pay the tax but yes the bulls could do that

op or not why would a bulls writer even bring it up if it's not an option at all or just some crazy idea I made up:eyebrow:

Because he was asked by a fan....so he gave his opinion.

His mail bags are not stuff he just comes up with to write about. They are questions asked of him by fans, via email, and he gives his opinion.

He is notorious for coming up with idiotic trade suggestions. He is quite simply a joke to Chicago fans.

Shammyguy3
05-05-2014, 06:34 PM
It would be best if everybody put certain posters on the Ignore List. Don't pour gasoline on a flame folks, you'll only burn yourself by wasting time on a never-ending, encircling and sarcastic argument

PhillyFaninLA
05-05-2014, 07:06 PM
edit: deleted b/c its not worth the arguement

PhillyFaninLA
05-05-2014, 07:13 PM
All Knicks fans on this site except for one:

I truly feel sorry for the way your team is being represented and the fact that some people will hate the Knicks or hate them more is a shame. I wonder if the unnamed person in question is really even a Knicks fan and not just some troll trying to fuel more Knicks hate.

Hotone1401
05-05-2014, 07:15 PM
It would be best if everybody put certain posters on the Ignore List. Don't pour gasoline on a flame folks, you'll only burn yourself by wasting time on a never-ending, encircling and sarcastic argument

+1

PhillyFaninLA
05-05-2014, 07:16 PM

This may be one of the best posts I've read on this site.

Well said

Stunner
05-05-2014, 07:20 PM
It's Shammy his post are always good

chitownbulls
05-05-2014, 08:53 PM
It's Shammy his post are always good

This

Bartlee23
05-05-2014, 09:57 PM

Good post. Very well said going the mature route !!!!!!!! Enough with this guy.