PDA

View Full Version : is the NBA pulling strings?

ThuglifeJ
05-02-2014, 08:22 PM
Don't want to come off as a conspiracy theorist guys...but let's be honest

-Zach Randolph suspended for GAME 7 for a moderate shove on OKCs Adams

-Dejaun Blair suspended for pivotal game 5 for an accidental kick that grazed Splitters head

-Paul George NOT suspended for a league violation that requires suspension

Seeing as the league would love to have each of these teams who benefited advance, especially OKC and Pacers, this seems slightly sketchy. Factor in the mass amount complaints about the refs this playoffs...you have yourself some suspicion.

Personally...I feel bad for Memphis. That would piss me off greatly after such hopes for an underdog being risen

Hellcrooner
05-02-2014, 08:30 PM
its straight b.s
I guess the Shoe company ceos that put money into hyping durants or Georges got nervous and made some calls.

Lets not forget that with FAIR CALLS both thunder and Pacers would already be out.

flea
05-02-2014, 08:33 PM
Anyone who thought this great opening round series and a new commissioner would mean a newer and more competitive NBA apparently spoke too soon. Same old rigged BS, a league that cares more about shoe and jersey sales than competition.

ThuglifeJ
05-02-2014, 08:38 PM
But the league would probably average out if it didn't get the reputation of being rigged..I mean they're basing all their decisions and sales off kids/teens.

This first round was amazing. Key word WAS. we had everything, overtimes, BUZZER BEATER gamewinner.

LET THE UNDERDOGS PLAY!! Don't they understand fans like underdogs? I mean wtf

NBA_Starter
05-02-2014, 08:42 PM
Pretty much, a rule is a rule no matter how silly it is.

ThuglifeJ
05-02-2014, 08:54 PM
Well looks like JVG agrees.

Mavs and Raps currently getting screwed as we speak. Well see what happens in Portland Houston tonight

kdspurman
05-02-2014, 09:23 PM
Never got how people think the league would pull strings for the Spurs to succeed.

And, I agree about the others though. I feel like it was clear Z-Bo was trying to push him. That was not a punch.

Asik's better
05-02-2014, 09:28 PM
So it's time for the yearly league is rigged blah blah blah blah ********.

Mike Lient
05-02-2014, 09:42 PM
So it's time for the yearly league is rigged blah blah blah blah ********.

They're making it pretty blatant with their selective rulings. They preach zero tolerance but let PG off? They suspend Randolph for an altercation that wasn't even a flagrant?

mzgrizz
05-02-2014, 09:45 PM
They're making it pretty blatant with their selective rulings. They preach zero tolerance but let PG off? They suspend Randolph for an altercation that wasn't even a flagrant?

Precisely

ThuglifeJ
05-02-2014, 09:48 PM
Never got how people think the league would pull strings for the Spurs to succeed.

And, I agree about the others though. I feel like it was clear Z-Bo was trying to push him. That was not a punch.

Its really a series to series thing.. vs the mavs they want the 1 seed spurs. Vs the heat? Bye bye spurs

MrfadeawayJB
05-02-2014, 10:02 PM
If the grizz win I will be so excited and play that awful lil b song "**** Kevin durant" for 12 hours straight

FYL_McVeezy
05-02-2014, 10:07 PM

Tim Duncan is arguably the greatest PF to ever play this game. TP and Ginobili are two of the greatest talents to come from overseas....

thunderdood
05-02-2014, 10:12 PM
The ref's are always terrible no matter what. They should be the ones getting fined, especially when they cost teams the games. My personal opinion on the NBA being "rigged" will come when the Lakers or Celtics win the lottery. Those big market teams, HAVE to be good.

Hellcrooner
05-02-2014, 10:15 PM
The ref's are always terrible no matter what. They should be the ones getting fined, especially when they cost teams the games. My personal opinion on the NBA being "rigged" will come when the Lakers or Celtics win the lottery. Those big market teams, HAVE to be good.
yeah cause them having that AWFULL records, makes it so strange that they get the top pick...............
:rolleyes:

How bout that Last to first jumps by Magic and Bulls back in the day?

Duncan = Donkey
05-02-2014, 10:17 PM

Spurs vs Suns was rigged by the refs, not the NBA. Refs were betting on hat series, no doubt in my mind.

TylerSL
05-02-2014, 10:53 PM
None of em should be suspended. It was obvious what Blair did was an accident and Randolph just committed a foul. While technically Paul George did break the rules you have to look at intent. Did it look like he was even trying to be involved? The answer is no.

We have to remember what this means. Suspending someone from Game 7, (or Game 5 in a 2-2 series) is HUGE. You are not allowing someone to compete in the biggest game of their season. That does not mean the players should be able to do anything they want, but there has to be some human factor to this. Banning Randolph basically guarantees a Grizzly loss, but worse than that, you are forcing a primary player on that team to watch his team fight for their season over something that was called a common foul. They would most likely lose anyway but this is about principle. This is just not right.

numba1CHANGsta
05-02-2014, 11:06 PM
The Big 3 sold their souls to the devil and the illuminati are paying them off with a 3 peat. Remember this, these people symbolize the number 3 as the pyramid is 3 sided with 3 points. They also worship the number 6 as its a number of satan. Big 3+3 Championships=6 and if you guys still don't believe it, then why are the Big 3's numbers 1,3,6?

TylerSL
05-02-2014, 11:11 PM
The Big 3 sold their souls to the devil and the illuminati are paying them off with a 3 peat. Remember this, these people symbolize the number 3 as the pyramid is 3 sided with 3 points. They also worship the number 6 as its a number of satan. Big 3+3 Championships=6 and if you guys still don't believe it, then why are the Big 3's numbers 1,3,6?

What if you don't believe in satan???

Dade County
05-02-2014, 11:17 PM
Don't want to come off as a conspiracy theorist guys...but let's be honest

-Zach Randolph suspended for GAME 7 for a moderate shove on OKCs Adams

-Dejaun Blair suspended for pivotal game 5 for an accidental kick that grazed Splitters head

-Paul George NOT suspended for a league violation that requires suspension

Seeing as the league would love to have each of these teams who benefited advance, especially OKC and Pacers, this seems slightly sketchy. Factor in the mass amount complaints about the refs this playoffs...you have yourself some suspicion.

Personally...I feel bad for Memphis. That would piss me off greatly after such hopes for an underdog being risen

I thought you had seen the true ways of the NBA but at least tried...

I was going to start a thread asking posters, that do they sense that these playoffs have felt scripted to them... But I know all i will get is, take your meds, if it was scripted blah blah blah.

OP, it's not about these little infractions that you have brought up... What about players, playing up to their potential one game, and disappearing the next game; then picking up garbage points at the end of the game, to give the impression that they actually put up numbers that game?

Do you and others actually think the Pacers are this bad, and or Atl is a bad match up for them... Child please.

numba1CHANGsta
05-02-2014, 11:19 PM
What if you don't believe in satan???

It doesn't matter if you do or not, satan only cares for your soul and will get it any way possible, that's why these high paid athletes, actors, musicians, etc. sell their souls because they don't believe in an afterlife but once they pass away then they will see how wrong they were.

Crackadalic
05-02-2014, 11:23 PM

Lmfao I actually kinda agree

Dade County
05-02-2014, 11:26 PM

I believe that Lbj can be a sataness... But you have to look closer, in most photographs that the Big 3 are in Wade makes sure he covers his number 3, so it doesn't add to 6-3-1.

And Bosh is of no importance to the higher ups (well thats what I believe anyway).

Remember, Wade always had is number 3, it was Lbj that wanted that stupid number 6 for his sick reasons (or whatever reason he wants to make up).

And the thing you have wrong is, that this HEAT team could have already 3 peated, and been on their 4peat, right now. The hire ups are not helping them win games, they are more talented then everyone else; what the hire ups tell them to do is, lose games... for point shaving, entertainment reason (building other teams in the league... Pacers, bulls...etc).

Vinny642
05-02-2014, 11:35 PM
This is more than the "refs", I havent seen any of the altercations to form an opinion, but the NBA being selective on who the suspend and when... I am not surprised.

koreancabbage
05-02-2014, 11:37 PM
briliant move by OKC to get their most useless big man to get antagonize ZBo.

numba1CHANGsta
05-03-2014, 12:01 AM
I believe that Lbj can be a sataness... But you have to look closer, in most photographs that the Big 3 are in Wade makes sure he covers his number 3, so it doesn't add to 6-3-1.

And Bosh is of no importance to the higher ups (well thats what I believe anyway).

Remember, Wade always had is number 3, it was Lbj that wanted that stupid number 6 for his sick reasons (or whatever reason he wants to make up).

And the thing you have wrong is, that this HEAT team could have already 3 peated, and been on their 4peat, right now. The hire ups are not helping them win games, they are more talented then everyone else; what the hire ups tell them to do is, lose games... for point shaving, entertainment reason (building other teams in the league... Pacers, bulls...etc).

I think the Mavs were just much better in 2011 and made it difficult to give the Heat the championship. The Spurs also made it hard last year, but thanks to Ray Allen they got a back2back championship. Now that they have won 2 in a row, there's no way that the higher ups will let this one get away so thats why you have been seeing a lot of game 7's to make other teams exhausted by the time they face the Heat. Expect the Heat to 3-peat. Also I'm not being biased, I'm a Laker fan and it's been documented that the Lakers 3-peat year was rigged and I truly believe that Kobe changed his number to 24 because 2+4=6 and Kobe almost won another 3-peat if it weren't for the Celtics beating them in 08'

Dade County
05-03-2014, 02:33 AM
I think the Mavs were just much better in 2011 and made it difficult to give the Heat the championship.

So knowing what you know... You actually believe that the Mav's D, could hold Lbj to 1.8pts in the 4th qtr for 4 straight Final's games????????????

You actually believe that Lbj choked, or was scared, or cracked under the pressure?

The Spurs also made it hard last year, but thanks to Ray Allen they got a back2back championship.

Yes, I forgot... Ray was the only player playing for the HEAT that entire series.

Now that they have won 2 in a row, there's no way that the higher ups will let this one get away so thats why you have been seeing a lot of game 7's to make other teams exhausted by the time they face the Heat.

Thats really Crazy (I guess thats how people view my post...NBA = Entertainment)

You don't think it has anything to do with money, building up the NBA brand, building up players to create fake stars/super stars...etc

Expect the Heat to 3-peat. Also I'm not being biased, I'm a Laker fan and it's been documented that the Lakers 3-peat year was rigged and I truly believe that Kobe changed his number to 24 because 2+4=6 and Kobe almost won another 3-peat if it weren't for the Celtics beating them in 08'

I believe that the HEAT are going to 5peat, so add that up anyway you would like.

But it's very good that you are open minded.

DillyDill
05-03-2014, 02:56 AM
I believe that the HEAT are going to 5peat, so add that up anyway you would like.

But it's very good that you are open minded.

Wow a 5peat, by that time the Big 3 will be wore out and run down.

astonmartin10
05-03-2014, 02:58 AM
Not sure why PG never got suspended.

blastmasta26
05-03-2014, 03:02 AM

Oh my god, plus there are 3 of them and they have 2 eyes each! 2 x 3 = 6 :shocked: I clearly believe this incredibly farfetched theory now!

Sssmush
05-03-2014, 03:38 AM
The thing that makes it worse now is the instant replay drags on and on every possession, but the actual CALLS that affect the game and are sketchy in the hands of the refs are off limits.

IKnowHoops
05-03-2014, 03:53 AM
Its really a series to series thing.. vs the mavs they want the 1 seed spurs. Vs the heat? Bye bye spurs

Every single person in the world thought the Spurs were going to win game six and the ring last year. The Heat took that game, it was not given to them. Nothing rigged about it. They were wheeling the trophy out before the game was over to give it to the Spurs.

slashsnake
05-03-2014, 04:02 AM
Every single person in the world thought the Spurs were going to win game six and the ring last year. The Heat took that game, it was not given to them. Nothing rigged about it. They were wheeling the trophy out before the game was over to give it to the Spurs.

I just don't get the risk vs. reward.

For a full league scandal like that you are talking about dozens involved. Owners, officials, NBA staff, every one of them needing a hit man ready to take them out in a moments notice if they decide to talk, which would ruin the league

So the risk is ruining the league. What's the reward here? It isn't like having the Heat win a championship increases ratings over if they lost it. The series is over with. The games were already watched. Sure, they may get a few million more in merchandise with that instead of the spurs, but you aren't risking your league over that.

The risk just doesn't make sense to get the reward. It's like betting a hand of blackjack and putting down your million bucks vs. the dealers 10 bucks in a winner take all. Sure you can gain a little something, but why take the risk?

QueensG_718
05-03-2014, 04:06 AM
How the **** do they suspend Zach Randolph for a game 7 for that measly shove on Adams. To me that reeks fishy! Well you can basically give okc the win now ....the NBA can't see Mr unreliable not get passed the first round...

east fb knicks
05-03-2014, 04:24 AM
lmao zbo kinda did punch dude in the face:shrug: im just saying:D

east fb knicks
05-03-2014, 04:28 AM

so let me get this straight if the spurs win the title then Duncan and co saves the world:laugh:

or does it mean the illuminati don't exist:laugh:

lets go spurs:clap:

EvanTurner
05-03-2014, 04:37 AM
Randolph clearly punched adams in the jaw. Its his dumb *** fault he chose to be the same ole immature randolph he was early in his career and punched another player in the face. When his fist made contact he quickly tried to open it up even though you cant do that either. Nene head butts somebody and grabs there neck and gets suspended and thats okay, randolph punches somebody in the fac e yet again and thats normal and fine? Lol the refs in every sport are horrible. It is what it is. Exspecially nba and nfl refs who are mostly older guys trying to eye ball these youngins flying around.

ThuglifeJ
05-03-2014, 05:01 AM
Just gonna add one thing..

I've never seen so many damn 4 point plays/3 point shot fouls in my life! It's nearly 2 a game. Doesn't help half the players fall to their *** every shot nowadays. Refs should let it go when they do that..

Not saying this was intentional by refs but

http://www.poundingtherock.com/2014/5/2/5677148/refs-miss-spurs-playing-six-guys-at-once

Spurs had 6 guys on the court and got away with it lmao.

MrfadeawayJB
05-03-2014, 08:29 AM
Durant and okc are in the nba framily plan

Goose17
05-03-2014, 11:50 AM
Why is the Blair/Splitter thing evidence of a conspiracy? I don't get it. The NBA wants the spurs to go through now? smh.

Conspiracy theorists make me laugh.

Dade County
05-03-2014, 12:36 PM
Wow a 5peat, by that time the Big 3 will be wore out and run down.

It's the only way that Lbj can compete with Jordan two 3 peats. Also Lbj has two Final's losses to Jordan zero Final's losses; so the only way to compare to that is winning 5 straight rings (knuckle up).

DillyDill
05-03-2014, 01:51 PM
It's the only way that Lbj can compete with Jordan two 3 peats. Also Lbj has two Final's losses to Jordan zero Final's losses; so the only way to compare to that is winning 5 straight rings (knuckle up).

I definitely see y'all 3peating and hopefully it's the rematch I've been dying for KDvsLBJ. But after this season I don't see Dwade knees holding up for a 4 or 5 peat.