PDA

View Full Version : Howard respect back?

rockets-fan
05-02-2014, 04:59 PM
Had Dwight Howard gained anyone's respect back during these playoffs? He has been balling and aside from game one, his free throws are actually falling. Houston is down 3-2 but he has done everything right IMO and has no blame to this point, unlike harden who has been piss poor.

Thoughts?

J4KOP99
05-02-2014, 05:07 PM
He has been a horse, there's no doubt about it. Robin Lopez isn't what I would consider a great defender though. For that matter, none of the Portland bigs are good defenders.

Dwight is doing what he has to do though. Good for him.

Ebbs
05-02-2014, 05:09 PM
Respect as a player he had from me way earlier.

Respect as a human being still pending

More-Than-Most
05-02-2014, 05:14 PM
He has always been a beast.... Its just you forget that when he starts talking

P&GRealist
05-02-2014, 05:52 PM
nah

championships
05-02-2014, 06:12 PM
Get out of the 1st round first.

Bruno
05-02-2014, 06:14 PM
I've been impressed by his play. it is mostly single coverage against Lopez, but his moves still look fluid.

the true test will come when he has to pass out of double teams every possession, not just in minute bunches where he can find his rhythm. there's also an argument that solidifying howard this series has taken away from Hardens game and Houstons ball movement, but whatever.

tr3ymill3r
05-02-2014, 06:28 PM
He has always been a beast.... Its just you forget that when he starts talking

I don't even think it's so much when he starts talking as some of his antics. The smiling and joking around really rubs people the wrong way and I don't particularly care for the pregame festivities of jumping around in the huddle and dancing, I feel as if it's more for high school or college, but if he's going to play like this I don't care what he does.

Raps18-19 Champ
05-02-2014, 06:30 PM
Yea he's really great.

Vinylman
05-02-2014, 06:40 PM
Portland is focusing on taking away Harden and it is working... they really don't care if D12 gets his... stopping Harden is the key to winning the series

Bruno
05-02-2014, 06:51 PM
Portland is focusing on taking away Harden and it is working... they really don't care if D12 gets his... stopping Harden is the key to winning the series

x2. but in fairness to dwight he's taken full advantage and i've never seen his post moves look so decisive. i also noticed that that stupid look isn't on his face anymore and that he's finally approaching the game like a man. he's playing with a sense of urgency and I respect that, even if it's within the context of a defensive game plan that will let him get his.

BenFrank
05-02-2014, 06:59 PM
Dwight has been great this series.. I' m still waiting for Harden to wake up, he's been extremely underwhelming.. I thought he would have picked it up by now.. and tonight's a good a time as any to do it

Vinylman
05-02-2014, 07:05 PM
x2. but in fairness to dwight he's taken full advantage and i've never seen his post moves look so decisive. i also noticed that that stupid look isn't on his face anymore and that he's finally approaching the game like a man. he's playing with a sense of urgency and I respect that, even if it's within the context of a defensive game plan that will let him get his.

He has definitely capitalized but will it matter in terms of advancing... They can still win... but the formula to beat Houston is pretty well established... of course shutting Harden down already proved an effective strategy in the finals a couple of years ago

Bruno
05-02-2014, 07:08 PM
He has definitely capitalized but will it matter in terms of advancing... They can still win... but the formula to beat Houston is pretty well established... of course shutting Harden down already proved an effective strategy in the finals a couple of years ago
I know. i'm just saying I've been extremely critical of him and he has impressed me. he looks like a different person than the player who quit on the Lakers in game four during last years sweep. but yeah, him and the rest of houston will still get bashed into oblivion if they lose this series.

...i still don't think he'll return to his orlando level of statistical dominance in any sample size longer than just one or two series.

Vinylman
05-02-2014, 07:11 PM
Dwight has been great this series.. I' m still waiting for Harden to wake up, he's been extremely underwhelming.. I thought he would have picked it up by now.. and tonight's a good a time as any to do it

Batum and Matthews say hello

still1ballin
05-02-2014, 07:13 PM
nah

Im_in_Mia_bish
05-02-2014, 07:32 PM
nah

Lol

Avenged
05-02-2014, 08:35 PM
nah

Ditto

Chronz
05-02-2014, 10:14 PM
Hes beasting, doing everything in his power except guard LMA to get the Rockets over.

NBA_Starter
05-02-2014, 10:15 PM
He is def. doing a lot better, the Rox trailing the series has nothing to do with him.

Bruno
05-02-2014, 10:44 PM
Hes beasting, doing everything in his power except guard LMA to get the Rockets over.
i think he's going to have to do that. and lock him down if houston wants a shot. he was brought to houston as a former dopy he can't be letting another post guy go off in a close out games.

Verbal Christ
05-02-2014, 11:10 PM
Howard leading all scorers in playoffs. Put the ROX on his back. Pop a tampon in and get over it already.

Im_in_Mia_bish
05-03-2014, 12:19 AM
Howard leading all scorers in playoffs. Put the ROX on his back. Pop a tampon in and get over it already.

But Colby iz gratest

Tony_Starks
05-03-2014, 02:16 AM
Not really. Opinion hasn't much changed, still a very good player but mentally weak.

Had a nice series tho....

still1ballin
05-03-2014, 02:30 AM

But Colby iz gratest

:)

JeremiahWing
05-03-2014, 03:02 AM
Has an elite partner and not yet out of the first round?

Please.

DODGERS&LAKERS
05-03-2014, 03:14 AM
He stepped up. I give him props. He did what he had to do. They just lost to a pretty good team. No shame in that.

ILLUSIONIST^248
05-03-2014, 03:21 AM
Had Dwight Howard gained anyone's respect back during these playoffs? He has been balling and aside from game one, his free throws are actually falling. Houston is down 3-2 but he has done everything right IMO and has no blame to this point, unlike harden who has been piss poor.

Thoughts?

Firsts round exit? Lol, no

L8kers4life
05-03-2014, 03:23 AM
Dwight balled, he earned my respect, though he always had my respect, he just acted like a baby in
LA, and was hurt so many lakers fan are still bitter.But he flat out balled. With that said, Portland, never doubled him, and basically said Dwight you can beat us but we are not letting your teammates go off, it worked.

ModernDaySavage
05-03-2014, 03:41 AM
Has an elite partner and not yet out of the first round?

Please.

How old are you? Are you implying Dwight hasn't been out of the first round or something?

PraiseJesus
05-03-2014, 04:34 AM
Dwight is a loser

Glad he was smiling his way to another playoff series loss

Dont bother to work on your freethrows in the offseason Dwight!

P&GRealist
05-03-2014, 04:37 AM
Just realized Dwight has now lost 3 straight 1st rd series. (4 if you count his season ending back injury when he didn't play in 2012)

2011-ATL (as a Magic)
2012- Did not play (but Magic lost to the Pacers)
2013 - SAS (as a Laker)
2014 - POR (as a Rocket)

lol, please
05-03-2014, 04:41 AM
Nope.

Asik's better
05-03-2014, 04:45 AM
Dwight is a loser

Bitter much?

ILLUSIONIST^248
05-03-2014, 04:57 AM
Dwight is a loser

^

Teeboy1487
05-03-2014, 05:01 AM
Dwight is a loser

Dont bother to work on your freethrows in the offseason Dwight! :laugh2:

Hotone1401
05-03-2014, 06:19 AM
How old are you? Are you implying Dwight hasn't been out of the first round or something?

What's funny is Dwight has a superior supporting cast compared to his ORL days and gets bounced in the 1st round. Just goes to show what a joke the East is and how competitive the West is really.

kobe4thewinbang
05-03-2014, 06:37 AM
He's had some good performances, but he's still no Shaq and frankly cost his team a game when he demanded the ball. I see hope for next season, but he's still a shell of his former self until that happens.

ManRam
05-03-2014, 10:10 AM
He's had some good performances, but he's still no Shaq and frankly cost his team a game when he demanded the ball. I see hope for next season, but he's still a shell of his former self until that happens.

Why are we still bashing him for "not being Shaq"? Of course he's not. No one thinks or expects that.
Elaborate more on the "lost his team a game when he demanded the ball".

It's amazing how happy Lakers fans are. It's like, some seem to think he might be upset he left the Lakers :laugh2:

This was never a 1-year plan for Houston. They're an insanely young team, Howard looked great...and they'll be back.

Teeboy1487
05-03-2014, 10:34 AM
Why are we still bashing him for "not being Shaq"? Of course he's not. No one thinks or expects that.

It's amazing how happy Lakers fans are. It's like, some seem to think he might be upset he left the Lakers :laugh2:

This was never a 1-year plan for Houston. They're an insanely young team, Howard looked great...and they'll be back. It's no different than Kobe haters rooting against Kobe every year. **** yeah I'm happy. I don't like Howard. I hope he never wins a ring. Of course Houston will be back. They have a great core. It's just too bad they are in such a competitive conference.

nastynice
05-03-2014, 12:05 PM
What's funny is Dwight has a superior supporting cast compared to his ORL days and gets bounced in the 1st round. Just goes to show what a joke the East is and how competitive the West is really.

x2

Abel Ye
05-03-2014, 12:09 PM
Dwight is a loser

Guess it was fun to watch him in the playoffs while the Lakers just fiddled with their thumbs?

Edit: Dwight played well throughout this round. Either team could have won that's how close this series was.

Bruno
05-03-2014, 01:30 PM
dwight had a great series. i respected his intensity, I respected the way he yelled at the crowed, and the way he took everything seriously. I've never seen him look so serious. he played great. i think he needed to guard LMA for a larger portion of the series. even though houston lost in devastating fashion my respect for dwight howard has gone up because i think he brought it, and that's all I've ever asked. thats all you can ask from any player. never thought i'd say that after a Houston playoff loss against a lower seed but i saw a different player out there, mentally.

Vinylman
05-03-2014, 01:43 PM

This was never a 1-year plan for Houston. They're an insanely young team, Howard looked great...and they'll be back.

meh... the oldest story in the NBA... getting it done is what matters and they just don't have the players yet to do it... who is going to continue to improve their game D12? Nope Harden? Nope Parsons? Nope Jones? somewhat but his ceiling is pretty low

Houston needs to turn asik into something this summer because their cap flexibility once they sign Parsons to a dumb deal will be non-existent...

Morey asset base is shrinking ... he knows it and the fanbase knows it

bucketss
05-03-2014, 01:43 PM
Dwight is a loser

remember you were saying bynum was better than dwight and u didn't want dwight on the lakeshow lmaoo and as soon as dwight got traded to LA you're tune changed :D

Vinylman
05-03-2014, 01:44 PM
Guess it was fun to watch him in the playoffs while the Lakers just fiddled with their thumbs?

Edit: Dwight played well throughout this round. Either team could have won that's how close this series was.

yes... Laker fans are stressed that they didn't get to lose a first round series to an inferior team like Houston did...

Laker fans concern themselves with these things... LMFAO

Abel Ye
05-03-2014, 02:01 PM
yes... Laker fans are stressed that they didn't get to lose a first round series to an inferior team like Houston did...

Yeah you are right they shouldn't be concerned. They have to pray every night that the lottery fall in their favor while the Rockets can contend for years to come.

jbeezy
05-03-2014, 02:04 PM
Good job losing in the first round Howard. Now you have more time to smile and be a *****.

ccg34
05-03-2014, 02:06 PM
Dwight played a great series. He is still the best center in the league. It was year 1 with Harden and Howard. Give them a break. The Lakers ain't going to make the playoffs probably for the next two years, unless they rape some team like how they did to the Grizzlies for Gasol. Kobe will be great, but he got nobody else. Nick Young? Xavier Henry? Farmar? Who else? Dwight definitely made the right choice to bolt LA.

Vinylman
05-03-2014, 02:09 PM
Yeah you are right they shouldn't be concerned. They have to pray every night that the lottery fall in their favor while the Rockets can contend for years to come.

contend? try and get out of the first round... you sound like a clipper fan

P&GRealist
05-03-2014, 02:10 PM

:clap:

Vinylman
05-03-2014, 02:12 PM
Dwight played a great series. He is still the best center in the league. It was year 1 with Harden and Howard. Give them a break. The Lakers ain't going to make the playoffs probably for the next two years, unless they rape some team like how they did to the Grizzlies for Gasol. Kobe will be great, but he got nobody else. Nick Young? Xavier Henry? Farmar? Who else? Dwight definitely made the right choice to bolt LA.

kobe will never be "great" again... he was done when he blew out his achilles... the injuries will only continue to mount

Abel Ye
05-03-2014, 02:17 PM
contend? try and get out of the first round... you sound like a clipper fan

You can't get out the first round if you don't make the playoffs ;)

ccg34
05-03-2014, 02:18 PM
I still think Kobe got some stuff left in the tank. He is a different type of athlete. If anybody could bounce back from a devastating injury, it is Kobe. The only uncertainty for me about Kobe is that how much longer will he play knowing that he doesn't have a championship calibur team.

Vinylman
05-03-2014, 02:22 PM
You can't get out the first round if you don't make the playoffs ;)

Again... focus on your original hilarious point... that the rockets ARE contending...

that's some good ****

Vinylman
05-03-2014, 02:24 PM
I still think Kobe got some stuff left in the tank. He is a different type of athlete. If anybody could bounce back from a devastating injury, it is Kobe. The only uncertainty for me about Kobe is that how much longer will he play knowing that he doesn't have a championship calibur team.

He will play as long as the POS in the Lakers front office pay him an obscene amount of money...

Abel Ye
05-03-2014, 02:24 PM
Again... focus on your original hilarious point... that the rockets ARE contending...

that's some good ****

Over the Lakers? Yeah they are clearly contending for years to come. that was the original point.

Edit: Ok we are derailing the thread if you wanna continue this discussion then pm me.

Vinylman
05-03-2014, 02:28 PM
Over the Lakers? Yeah they are clearly contending for years to come. that was the original point.

Again... the rockets aren't contending for **** ... you are delusional if you think they are right now.

That has nothing to do with the Lakers unless you are talking about contending to lose in the first round of the playoffs. If so, i concede your point... Houston will be a perennial contender to lose in the first round

ILLUSIONIST^248
05-03-2014, 02:45 PM

This was never a 1-year plan for Houston. They're an insanely young team, Howard looked great...and they'll be back.well it does feel jive to know that Dwight will most likely never win a ring. Let's not act like Dwight is getting younger either.

Vinylman
05-03-2014, 02:51 PM
well it does feel jive to know that Dwight will most likely never win a ring. Let's not act like Dwight is getting younger either.

but cmon man... they are the youngest team in the playoffs...

a fact that is more reflective of poor roster management than Hope for the Future

5ass
05-03-2014, 02:53 PM
dwight had a great series. i respected his intensity, I respected the way he yelled at the crowed, and the way he took everything seriously. I've never seen him look so serious. he played great. i think he needed to guard LMA for a larger portion of the series. even though houston lost in devastating fashion my respect for dwight howard has gone up because i think he brought it, and that's all I've ever asked. thats all you can ask from any player. never thought i'd say that after a Houston playoff loss against a lower seed but i saw a different player out there, mentally.

Lakers fans need to tone down the bitterness in this thread. Little kids, pay attention to what uncle bruno says.

P&GRealist
05-03-2014, 03:06 PM
Lakers fans need to tone down the bitterness in this thread. Little kids, pay attention to what uncle bruno says.

The more you attack and call out Lakers fans, the more they're gonna come right back at you.

Trolls, you have been advised. Don't test us.

PraiseJesus
05-04-2014, 09:41 PM
remember you were saying bynum was better than dwight and u didn't want dwight on the lakeshow lmaoo and as soon as dwight got traded to LA you're tune changed :D

I still think Bynum is a better player than Dwight. Did you miss the part where I said that Bynum's knees were the only problem?

Turns out his knees were his downfall.

healthy bynum > healthy dwight all day

PraiseJesus
05-04-2014, 09:44 PM

Yet the Rockets lost....

Individual stats is indistingushable from winning

The only person that can help Dwight overcome this is Phil Jackson

Tony_Starks
05-04-2014, 09:56 PM
Dwight actually did add a little offense to his arsenal though. That little baby hook he was killing Portland with..... He has a grand total of 3 offensive moves now, nice!!!!!!

P&GRealist
05-04-2014, 10:29 PM
Dwight actually did add a little offense to his arsenal though. That little baby hook he was killing Portland with..... He has a grand total of 3 offensive moves now, nice!!!!!!

He can get to 4 next yr! Maybe...

But wait, we don't want that to get in the way of his new talk show! The Dwight show!

NBA_Starter
05-04-2014, 10:57 PM
He certainly showed well this postseason.

Bostonjorge
05-04-2014, 11:22 PM
Howard played great. He dominated the middle looked real powerful and looked like the old school C's. Howard's biggest weakness was harden. Howard needs to take control of this team if they want to take the next step.

cmellofan15
05-04-2014, 11:24 PM
I still think Bynum is a better player than Dwight. Did you miss the part where I said that Bynum's knees were the only problem?

Turns out his knees were his downfall.

healthy bynum > healthy dwight all day

is there any evidence to support your stance or just personal preference?

alexander_37
05-04-2014, 11:30 PM
What did he average that series 24/14? Yeah ..

Shlumpledink
05-04-2014, 11:42 PM
He played really well, all it makes me say is "where was this effort last year?"

JeremiahWing
05-05-2014, 12:50 AM
He has everything you could want in a supporting cast. The problem is that he is playing in a real conference now and isn't that big of a deal anymore.

I honestly wouldn't be a harsh critic if he weren't such a douche.

RaiderLakersA's
05-05-2014, 08:40 AM
No. He took one team to the Finals. Until he does that again, he doesn't get any respect from me. The man has done his dirt and left a trail of bodies in his wake. I understand selling your soul to win a title. I can forgive that...but only if you win the title. He hasn't done that yet. Until he does....

Iron24th
05-05-2014, 08:56 AM
dwight was more serious in this series, but portland's frontcourt is far from a defensive challenge, and dwight still first round exit, so no, not impressed at all.

Greedy22
05-05-2014, 09:57 AM
He definitely performed well, won't knock him for his teammates not stepping up.

Wrigheyes4MVP
05-05-2014, 03:33 PM
Everyone is getting on Houston for losing to an inferior team, but I don't think Portland was inferior at all. I actually thought Portland would win the series and I'm sure plenty others did too. A lot of close games were played and quite frankly... Portland just excuted better down the stretch. They have a very good team.