PDA

View Full Version : Shaq and Barkley: 2 of the worst NBA analyst

Riodagoat
05-01-2014, 08:59 PM
Am I the only one who feels like this? I don't even think people should refer to them as analysts.

Let's start with Shaq. Forget the fact that he recently posted a photo on instagram with a disabled person. He is downright terrible. You can barely understand what he says whenever he's talking. He always sounds like he is mumbling to himself. Feels like he does very little research. Gets people's names wrong EVERY TIME. The other night he just called the new commish Adam STERN. But what I hate the most about him as that with most of the conversations they have on TNT, he somehow manages to turn the conversion about him. This dude is always yammering about how he "knows how to win" and how he is "one of the best bigs of all time." Always comparing himself to current/reitred players. Not to mention he goes overboard with his immaturity a lot of times.

As with Barkley, similar problems with Shaq. Terrible with names. You would someone, who spends 24/7 talking about basketball, would know player/coach names and at least know how to properly pronounce Valanciunas. He tries so hard to sound very intellectual by making bold, non-mainstream predictions. And when his prediction is wrong, he goes on to say other statements that completely contradicts his first argument. He gets about 80-90% of the time to talk, and sometimes you don't even know if he is ever going to get to his point. "First of all..." even though he only makes one point, that is, if he ever gets to it.

What do you guys think?

Hawkeye15
05-01-2014, 09:01 PM
but, but, but, they are ex-players. They know more than all of us........

PSD logic

Ebbs
05-01-2014, 09:02 PM
Agree on Shaq.

Disagree on Barkley. Barkley isn't dumb.
- Predicted Mavericks over Lakers in 2011. Only analyst to do that.
- Predicted a Knicks and Cavs miss playoffs this year.

Their is some method behind his madness

More-Than-Most
05-01-2014, 09:06 PM
Shaq is a moron... I like Sir charles though but would rather have actual knowledgeable people talking basketball

LTBaByyy
05-01-2014, 09:09 PM
ESPN has knowledgable people that speak stats and real basketball info

ESPN is also boring as hell. I love the TNT crew

SMH!
05-01-2014, 09:13 PM
ESPN has knowledgable people that speak stats and real basketball info

ESPN is also boring as hell. I love the TNT crew

This. TNT crew is entertainment with their insight whether its wrong or right, the show is entertaining, if you watch the show expecting pure NBA analysts breaking down plays and etc, then you are watching the wrong show.

Game_Over
05-01-2014, 09:15 PM
I don't like Shaq at all but Charles makes me laugh I enjoy their show on TNT more than the games sometimes.

mdm692
05-01-2014, 09:17 PM
Charles knows his stuff he's just too proud to admit he's wrong at times. Shaq is ****ing dumbass and although he was the most dominant C ever he is a horrible analyst.

IndyRealist
05-01-2014, 09:18 PM
They are not analysts, they are commentators meant to liven up the broadcasts.

Stunner
05-01-2014, 09:19 PM
TNT is just for the entertainment side of basketball like your local barbershop talk . I would think this would be common sense to people , guess not . I have no problem with them because they aren't trying to be anything like ESPN .

Stunner
05-01-2014, 09:19 PM
They are not analysts, they are commentators meant to liven up the broadcasts.

Exactly

BALLER R
05-01-2014, 09:20 PM
Agree on Shaq.

Predicts Raptors over Nets. Everyone said he was crazy. He might end up being right with that one.

Also if you wear Barkley talk anywhere else other than on TNT he doesn't sound like that. I think he does it for entertainment. Shaq on the other hand adds nothing.

RLundi
05-01-2014, 09:23 PM
Lol funny OP.

I like Chuck. He sounds like a moron and at times it's hard to listen to him speak but he's entertaining as hell.

Shaq is just garbage. I can't even understand him. If Charles wasn't there and Shaq alone served as the "color" analyst, it'd be one thing. But you can't have 2 color analysts. They should trade Shaq for someone more analytical.

Charles, C-Webb, EJ and Kenny make the PERFECT team.

Hangtime
05-01-2014, 09:26 PM
I don't care. They are far more entertaining than ESPN and ABC. I actually like watching the after show. I wish NBC got the NBA back. They make me laugh but a lot of time Chuck and Kenny make good points. Shaq is useless but he doesn't ruin it for me.

ghettosean
05-01-2014, 09:29 PM
Agree on Shaq.

This

astonmartin10
05-01-2014, 09:30 PM
Both are there for entertaining purposes.

Shaq mumbles too much to be taken serious. And chuck well... he's chuck nothing more to say lol

bgdreton
05-01-2014, 09:32 PM
I am not watching for them to break down strategies.. The banter between the two is the only reason to watch. I personally think they are hilarious. However Shaq can be a bit blah at times..........

JC_
05-01-2014, 09:48 PM
I love Chuck. He appreciates humor and doesn't take everything so serious. Also, he's not a douche like a lot of analysts.

c.c.
05-01-2014, 09:52 PM
I have no problem with them. They not boring and speak their mind

todu82
05-01-2014, 09:53 PM
I like Barkley but I agree with you on Shaq. Guy's entertaining but I dislike him as an analyst.

P&GRealist
05-01-2014, 09:55 PM
They need to rid of Shaq.

The original 3 of Kenny, EJ and Chuck was always good.

Tony_Starks
05-01-2014, 10:07 PM
Quit hating. Barkley knows what he's talking about and the crew is entertaining. If you just want cold stats then go on your computer...

Shaq is the least informative of the group but he does speak from experience and he has jokes which is fine by me.

Miltstar
05-01-2014, 10:10 PM
when they get sidetracked it can be downright painful to watch

championships
05-01-2014, 10:18 PM
Am I the only one who feels like this? I don't even think people should refer to them as analysts.

Let's start with Shaq. Forget the fact that he recently posted a photo on instagram with a disabled person. He is downright terrible. You can barely understand what he says whenever he's talking. He always sounds like he is mumbling to himself. Feels like he does very little research. Gets people's names wrong EVERY TIME. The other night he just called the new commish Adam STERN. But what I hate the most about him as that with most of the conversations they have on TNT, he somehow manages to turn the conversion about him. This dude is always yammering about how he "knows how to win" and how he is "one of the best bigs of all time." Always comparing himself to current/reitred players. Not to mention he goes overboard with his immaturity a lot of times.

As with Barkley, similar problems with Shaq. Terrible with names. You would someone, who spends 24/7 talking about basketball, would know player/coach names and at least know how to properly pronounce Valanciunas. He tries so hard to sound very intellectual by making bold, non-mainstream predictions. And when his prediction is wrong, he goes on to say other statements that completely contradicts his first argument. He gets about 80-90% of the time to talk, and sometimes you don't even know if he is ever going to get to his point. "First of all..." even though he only makes one point, that is, if he ever gets to it.

What do you guys think?Then change the channel?

DallasTrilla23
05-01-2014, 10:23 PM
I wouldn't mind them switching Shaq with Gary Payton or Webber but other than that I have no problem with the TNT broadcast. I actually think the TNT crew is the best basketball broadcast crew right now. If only they could get Jeff Van Gundy and the guy that calls the Knicks games to announce the TNT Games.

Goose17
05-01-2014, 10:35 PM
I like them both.

Sadds The Gr8
05-01-2014, 10:49 PM
Agree that shaq sucks but gtfo with the Barkley hate

blahblahyoutoo
05-01-2014, 10:55 PM
I hate that none of the NBA analysts, barkley, shaq, magic, jalen rose can barely speak english.

Greet
05-01-2014, 10:58 PM
There's a reason that people continue to watch the TNT crew....

Shaq & Chuck

Seizabmc
05-01-2014, 11:07 PM
Chuck is funny but he's a hater !
And since he always disrespects the knicks I think he's a moron.
And never does any research.

As for shaq , he always just agrees with whatever chuck says or disagrees .
But I agree that c Webb would be better in the chair.

And get rid of Barkley and replace him with Greg anthony.

85BearsDefense
05-01-2014, 11:22 PM
Highly disagree they know their stuff

firebryan!!
05-01-2014, 11:49 PM
they are both hilarious

Mike Lient
05-01-2014, 11:50 PM
How can anyone hate Barkley?

0nekhmer
05-01-2014, 11:51 PM
i cant take either of them seriously, they're too entertaining lol

effen5
05-02-2014, 01:55 AM
I don't care. They are far more entertaining than ESPN and ABC. I actually like watching the after show. I wish NBC got the NBA back. They make me laugh but a lot of time Chuck and Kenny make good points. Shaq is useless but he doesn't ruin it for me.

I agree, there "Inside the NBA" shows are sometimes better than the games itself.

wizardsfan3
05-02-2014, 02:19 AM
I'd definitely take the TNT crew over ESPN and ABC

USMCLaker
05-02-2014, 02:23 AM
Learn to relax and be entertained.

BIG worm
05-02-2014, 02:38 AM
Its painful to watch Shaq try his hardest to be funny. I dig the rest of the crew for sure. They can make me laugh even when my team is losing.

Bostonjorge
05-02-2014, 03:03 AM
Love the show and everything about. I been watching it for years and it's always funny. Shaq just made it a better.

http://youtu.be/G1ZMviEik3U

Kenny smiths jersey retirement.

effen5
05-02-2014, 03:41 AM
Love the show and everything about. I been watching it for years and it's always funny. Shaq just made it a better.

http://youtu.be/G1ZMviEik3U

Kenny smiths jersey retirement.

I love when they have shootouts and stuff lol https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LPJdGnsbpBw

numba1CHANGsta
05-02-2014, 03:44 AM
Charles may look and sound dumb sometimes but if you listen to what he's actually trying to say he has some good analysis. As for Shaq he sucks, he has no analytical facts or anything, all he does is goof around and states the obvious. I think it was fine with just the 3 guys, no need to fix something that wasn't broken.

RaiderLakersA's
05-02-2014, 11:31 AM
There's a reason that people continue to watch the TNT crew....

Shaq & Chuck

The reverse is also true.

Chuck is tolerable, but when it's Shaq's turn to speak, I flip the channel or press fast forward, if it's a DVR recording.

Don't get me wrong: I like the barbershop feel of the broadcast. But at least in my barbershop, the people that have the best insights, jokes, and talk the most/best sh--, er, crap are also exceptional locutionists. Shaq mumbles, Chuck stammers. In both cases you cringe whenever either gentleman speaks.

The solution here is to replace both Shaq and Charles with Chris Webber permanently, and have the occasional guest commentator fill the 4th chair. Sure, maybe Charles can be a guest more often than others, but I don't care to see Shaq again until the midpoint of the 2016 season.

koreancabbage
05-02-2014, 12:39 PM
The reverse is also true.

Chuck is tolerable, but when it's Shaq's turn to speak, I flip the channel or press fast forward, if it's a DVR recording.

Don't get me wrong: I like the barbershop feel of the broadcast. But at least in my barbershop, the people that have the best insights, jokes, and talk the most/best sh--, er, crap are also exceptional locutionists. Shaq mumbles, Chuck stammers. In both cases you cringe whenever either gentleman speaks.

The solution here is to replace both Shaq and Charles with Chris Webber permanently, and have the occasional guest commentator fill the 4th chair. Sure, maybe Charles can be a guest more often than others, but I don't care to see Shaq again until the midpoint of the 2016 season.

we don't get this in Toronto so I find them highly entertaining around the actual facts they talk about. Its a show - when i watch them. lighten up.

and plus, CB said the Raptors would win. Only analyst I believe that had the Raptors over the Nets. He might be right again. Plus the flashback when CB was explaining somehting back in the 90s. his voice was so soft compared to now LOL

Yanks All Day
05-02-2014, 01:09 PM
Charles Barkley knows what he's talking about. Sometimes he can be hard to understand, but he certainly can analyze a basketball game. He has a great feel for the games and teams at the time and is usually on the money with his picks. He's very good with the NCAA tournament as well.

Shaq is there to crack jokes. He's not as funny as when he has written material, but Shaq and Chuck together just making fun of one another are gold. Shaq has the old-school mentality when it comes to analysis, which doesn't exactly translate to today's game, but he has his moments.

Like people have said. This is the most entertaining team in NBA analysis. I watch for fun. Plus, basketball in general is a relatively easy game to analyze during the game itself. The advanced stats are great when comparing players in forums and in the off-season, but during the game they're not necessary. I don't need to hear someone tell me "Kevin Durant's TS% is blah blah when X player guards him for a 2 and Y from the 3." Chuck and Shaq both state the obvious, and it works just fine. Example: "Kevin Durant is shook right now. Tony Allen is all over him and he's rushing shots. He feels the pressure when no one's even there and he's settling for jumpers when he should be attacking the rim." Simple. Basic. Spot-on.

Wrigheyes4MVP
05-02-2014, 04:27 PM
I am on board with the people who think Shaq and Chuck are both very entertaining. The TNT aftershow is the best of any aftershow and quite often it is better than the games. Who cares about their analysis. Sometimes its good, sometimes its horrible. I'm not watching to get analysis... I am watching to be entertained by the hilariously goofy things Shaq and Chuck do to each other while Kenny and Ernie just sit there and laugh at them.

The show was always good for that purpose, but when Shaq joined the crew, he made it even better and now it is must see TV. It used to be everyone making fun of Chuck, but now its Shaq and Chuck making fun of each other and bunch of other crazyness. Seriously, just get high and watch the show... its a laughing storm.

Kyben36
05-02-2014, 04:48 PM
Agree on Shaq.

2 correct guesses doesnt make you a great analyst, Barkley isnt good, he is an idiot.

Shaq isnt that bad IMO, at least what he says has merrit.

but they can not be together, its a ****ing joke, they both just dont get along at all. Barkley hates shaq, and shaq is an *** whole to Barkley.

phantasyyy
05-02-2014, 05:28 PM
thread is so bad. listen to espn once and youll be begging to watch tnt again.

barkley is what makes the segment so enjoyable he is insightful, yall just bunch a haters

Azzacadabra
05-02-2014, 05:54 PM
You could always change the channel or try and make it as an analyst yourself in front of millions.

ATL#22
05-02-2014, 06:14 PM
That sounds like the worst entertainment on TV