PDA

View Full Version : If The Thunder Get Out Of The Grizzles Series Do They Win It All?

RocketLoc80
05-01-2014, 05:25 PM
If so explain why or why not because I have a hard time seeing an team that rely heaving on iso and hero ball winning and beating more cohesive unit deeper in the post season

kobe4thewinbang
05-01-2014, 05:29 PM
I have no idea why Tony Allen is bothering KD so much, but I do not see OKC staying alive. I say Memphis puts them away in the next game. Now if KD was actually playing smart and Westbrook was driving more, this would've been a 5 game series at most. No way in hell they beat the Clippers or San Antonio.

Gibby23
05-01-2014, 05:30 PM
They would still have to win 3 more rounds. I think they could if they get out, I don't think Memphis can though. If OKC gets todays game, I think they win the series.

RocketLoc80
05-01-2014, 05:33 PM
They would still have to win 3 more rounds. I think they could if they get out, I don't think Memphis can though. If OKC gets todays game, I think they win the series.

So what do you think do you think they win it all?

Goose17
05-01-2014, 05:46 PM
Answer; No.

Reason; Dey ain't 'bout dat life.

Gibby23
05-01-2014, 05:52 PM
So what do you think do you think they win it all?

I don't think there is a defender left like Allen in the rest of the playoffs and they would love to get in a running matchup with Portland or Houston next round, they would win that. I think they can beat the Spurs because they are older and it will be round 3 by the time they meet and they also match up well with Duncan. The same goes for them vs the Clippers, they match up well with Blake and CP3 and again, those teams don't have an Allen to put on KD.

Goose17
05-01-2014, 05:54 PM
I don't think there is a defender left like Allen in the rest of the playoffs and they would love to get in a running matchup with Portland or Houston next round, they would win that. I think they can beat the Spurs because they are older and it will be round 3 by the time they meet and they also match up well with Duncan. The same goes for them vs the Clippers, they match up well with Blake and CP3 and again, those teams don't have an Allen to put on KD.

What makes you think San Antonio and LAC are advancing?

Anyways, Spurs would destroy OKC.

RocketLoc80
05-01-2014, 06:06 PM

So you still think OKC is a team of destiny and will beat the Heat too?

Gibby23
05-01-2014, 06:12 PM
So you still think OKC is a team of destiny and will beat the Heat too?

I don't think they beat the Heat

Gibby23
05-01-2014, 06:14 PM
What makes you think San Antonio and LAC are advancing?

Anyways, Spurs would destroy OKC.

Because they are better than the Mavs and Warriors and I don't think San Antonio beats the Clippers, but I think they would beat the Warriors. I just think the Thunder can beat the Spurs. What is wrong with that? Im sure you think Golden State will beat the Clippers.

ManRam
05-01-2014, 06:32 PM
I would pick them over GS...not sure about LAC, but probably. I don't like LAC's defensive options against KD, but that's just one matchup and I think LAC looks solid outside of that. I also would pick them over SAS too :hide:

Memphis is just a brutal match up for them, and their two best players are slumping simultaneously at a bad time. Credit to Memphis' defense, for sure, but some of it is just slumping. I think Memphis matches up better defensively than any team remaining, even with Iggy and Leonard out there.

OKC is better than what they've shown this series. IF they advance, I'd personally probably continue favoring them the whole way :shrug:

It's not like either team they'd face in the next round has looked tremendous. It's not like SAS has either...

Greet
05-01-2014, 06:42 PM
I would pick them over GS...not sure about LAC, but probably. I don't like LAC's defensive options against KD, but that's just one matchup and I think LAC looks solid outside of that. I also would pick them over SAS too :hide:

Memphis is just a brutal match up for them, and their two best players are slumping simultaneously at a bad time. Credit to Memphis' defense, for sure, but some of it is just slumping. I think Memphis matches up better defensively than any team remaining, even with Iggy and Leonard out there.

OKC is better than what they've shown this series. IF they advance, I'd personally probably continue favoring them the whole way :shrug:

It's not like either team they'd face in the next round has looked tremendous. It's not like SAS has either...

Interesting, whilst I agree that they would probably beat GSW (Lets be honest, Warriors can't guard Westbrook/Durant like the Grizz can) and would be an interesting one against LAC.... I just don't see this team beating San Antonio. The Spurs are just too good.... I believe the only team that will end up giving the Spurs some serious trouble is the Grizzlies. This Memphis team could seriously make it to the finals, even though I don't think they have the firepower to beat Miami.

If the Grizzlies win this series, I would have to probably name them my favorite to come out of the West. Conley/TA are just too strong defensively.

NBA_Starter
05-01-2014, 07:20 PM
I still don't think they will get past the Spurs.

raiderfaninTX
05-01-2014, 08:09 PM
I see op obviously started a thread just to argue

MrfadeawayJB
05-01-2014, 08:13 PM
Teams that do best Memphis in the playoffs usually are slowed down on the next series due to the physical beatings the grizz lay on them

mdm692
05-01-2014, 08:50 PM
I'm not going to say they definitely win it all but winning a series like this where you're facing elite defense, two elite front court playoffs and you have to grind it out to win certainly boosts their confidence and the experience would be great preparation for the Spurs.

Hawkeye15
05-01-2014, 09:00 PM
The problem with the Grizz is, even if you do beat them in a series, you are so freaking beat up and tired going forward, it hurts your chances.

I am seeing a Thunder team with some holes. I don't think they are winning a title this year.

Riodagoat
05-01-2014, 09:06 PM
I will say that they make the Finals if they beat the Grizz. Still don't see them winning it all though. Unless they play against a team not named Miami in the East.

RocketLoc80
05-01-2014, 09:13 PM
I will say that they make the Finals if they beat the Grizz. Still don't see them winning it all though. Unless they play against a team not named Miami in the East.

How do you see them beating the Clippers or Spurs in the WCF if they get that far?

RocketLoc80
05-01-2014, 10:41 PM
Upping

JordansBulls
05-02-2014, 12:28 AM
If they beat Memphis they and LAC are pretty much equal teams as well. I think OKC will beat SAS or whomever comes out of the top bracket. They can only win it all if they get anyone other than Miami in a series in the East.

RocketLoc80
05-02-2014, 05:47 PM
Upping

DaBear
05-02-2014, 05:57 PM
I think they can get to the Finals. If they face the Pacers, they'll win easily. If they face the Heat, they'll lose.

Cal827
05-02-2014, 05:58 PM
Answer; No.

Reason; Dey ain't 'bout dat life.

Probably the best explanation why.

RocketLoc80
05-02-2014, 06:17 PM
I think they can get to the Finals. If they face the Pacers, they'll win easily. If they face the Heat, they'll lose.

So you think the Clippers or Spurs don`t stand a chance?

DaBear
05-02-2014, 06:23 PM
So you think the Clippers or Spurs don`t stand a chance?

Against the Heat? Clippers: no. Spurs: yes.

RocketLoc80
05-02-2014, 06:29 PM
Against the Heat? Clippers: no. Spurs: yes.

I meant do The Clippers and Spurs stand a chance of knocking off OKC in the west

DaBear
05-02-2014, 06:38 PM
I meant do The Clippers and Spurs stand a chance of knocking off OKC in the west

Yes, but it'll be harder for SA.

RocketLoc80
05-03-2014, 09:57 PM
Upping

NBA_Starter
05-03-2014, 10:16 PM
They still have to deal with the Spurs, so nothing is a given.

AsianSensation
05-03-2014, 10:19 PM
I think they'll win it all, yes.

Memphis is a damn good team and Allen is the best wing defender in the NBA. However, as you can tell, Durant just needed a little more time to size him up. Durant is back to his dominant self and I don't think they can be beaten 4 times.

RocketLoc80
05-04-2014, 05:51 AM
I think they'll win it all, yes.

Memphis is a damn good team and Allen is the best wing defender in the NBA. However, as you can tell, Durant just needed a little more time to size him up. Durant is back to his dominant self and I don't think they can be beaten 4 times.

LMAO they almost lost to Memphis and don t pencil then in the finals yet if you do you not beating the Heat

Crackadalic
05-04-2014, 10:41 AM
I have the clippers beating them in the next round