PDA

View Full Version : Breaking News: Lakers seeking permission from Bulls to talk to Coach Tom Thibodeau

KniCks4LiFe
05-01-2014, 03:13 PM
Dave McMenamin ‏@mcten 29m
The Lakers plan to reach out to the Chicago Bulls for permission to interview Tom Thibodeau, a league source tells http://ESPNLosAngeles.com

would the Bulls let him and Butler go for the lotto pick?

P&GRealist
05-01-2014, 03:16 PM
Nothing really breaking news here.

They're not gonna get permission to do so.

Melo likes Thibs, Bulls are trying to get Melo in Free agency, Melo's 3 main choices are staying in NYK or going to CHI or LAL.

They're not gonna give the permission of risking of losing both Thibs and Melo, which down the line could spell losing Rose as well.

And LOL, no, Jimmy Butler, Mr. offensively inept is not worth the Lakers lotto pick. We worked too damn hard with a shiiiettty coach this past yr. We're not gonna give it up for Jimmy freakin Butler.

TrueFan420
They might let the coach go for the pick but doubt they'd include butler.

goingfor28
Bulls won't do that

mjt20mik
05-01-2014, 03:17 PM
Bulls def won't do this

FlashBolt
05-01-2014, 03:18 PM
Wow. You lose Thibs and that may hurt you more than you think. Hard to find a coach better than Thibs. The locker room respect his way of playing and are accustomed to it. But hey, I guess Bulls are trying to rebuild for the future at this point. Might be in their best interest to see how Rose is holding up. He's going to be a huge liability if he doesn't come back at least 80% of his MVP season.

Muttman73
05-01-2014, 03:21 PM
Not happening

COOLbeans
05-01-2014, 03:21 PM
Bulls wouldnt do it

J4KOP99
05-01-2014, 03:26 PM
Go after coach k on a 5 yr deal

KniCks4LiFe
05-01-2014, 03:26 PM
Bulls wouldnt do it

that lotto pick tho...

torocan
05-01-2014, 03:27 PM
No way the Bulls are letting that happen unless Thibs wants out.

Another Lakers day dream...

DamnGoat
05-01-2014, 03:30 PM
Regardless of what you think the relationship is between the Bulls FO & Thibs, I'd be shocked if they even granted him permission to talk to the Lakers.

Paxson made it very clear when the Knicks speculation popped up earlier this season that Thibs was under contract and will be the coach for the duration of the contract. They've had their differences, but the Bulls FO isn't stupid. They're not letting a top tier coach go, even if it's for a lottery pick (which is nice to have, but doesn't guarantee anything).

mdm692
05-01-2014, 03:34 PM
I thought you couldn't trade a 1st on consecutive years. Theybalready owe Phx next years pick. Draft someone for CHI and then trade him for Thibs? Jabari perhaps?

Gibby23
05-01-2014, 03:34 PM
Bill Simmons‏@BillSimmons·13m
I feel good about this prediction: Thibs becomes this summer's Doc (traded for a future 1st round pick), then Chicago hires Fred Hoiberg.

Greet
05-01-2014, 03:43 PM
I guess you can say I'm playing devils advocate here but...

How good of a coach is Tom Thibodeau really? He's been notorious for over playing his guys and stretching out their minutes. While he is obviously a great defensive minded coach, he has had some pretty inept offenses. Even with D-Rose healthy, there have been plenty of times in which the Bulls offense has looked extremely horrible for 5+ minute stretches of a game. He's had some pretty talented players to work with as well. He hasn't proven to be a very good playoff coach yet either.

I'm just wondering the opinions of others here, as these are not exactly my opinions on him.. but just ones that I could see popping up. Though I don't believe I would call him the second best coach in the NBA like some people here do.

BullySixChicago
05-01-2014, 03:45 PM
I dont think the Bulls have to let anybody go to the Lakers its the Lakers that will have to adjust if they want Thibs. I can see the Bulls asking for Thibs This year lottery pick next year 1st rounder and also Lakers have to take the Boozer contract and give up Nick young as well. So how bad do the Lakers want Thibs?

effen5
05-01-2014, 03:48 PM

How good of a coach is Tom Thibodeau really? He's been notorious for over playing his guys and stretching out their minutes. While he is obviously a great defensive minded coach, he has had some pretty inept offenses. Even with D-Rose healthy, there have been plenty of times in which the Bulls offense has looked extremely horrible for 5+ minute stretches of a game. He's had some pretty talented players to work with as well. He hasn't proven to be a very good playoff coach yet either.

I'm just wondering the opinions of others here, as these are not exactly my opinions on him.. but just ones that I could see popping up. Though I don't believe I would call him the second best coach in the NBA like some people here do.

As a bulls fan, the front office gave thibs absolutely nothing offensively this year. Look at this roster and tell me who you can goto offensively?

Also 2011, we ranked #11 offensively under thibs when this front office actually gave him pieces to work with. I'll be absolutely livid if they even consider letting thibs talk to the lakers. This team is below 500 under John paxson before thibs and thibs made this team relevant again.

effen5
05-01-2014, 03:49 PM
I dont think the Bulls have to let anybody go to the Lakers its the Lakers that will have to adjust if they want Thibs. I can see the Bulls asking for Thibs This year lottery pick next year 1st rounder and also Lakers have to take the Boozer contract and give up Nick young as well. So how bad do the Lakers want Thibs?

That's not enough and I'll be pissed if that's all we got.

Big Zo
05-01-2014, 03:52 PM
As they say in Spanish: "Que frescos!"

Crackadalic
05-01-2014, 03:54 PM
Lmao wow lakers can't get everyone

east fb knicks
05-01-2014, 03:56 PM
why would thibs wanna go ther he's way better off staying in chi town unless he knows rose is done

Gibby23
05-01-2014, 03:57 PM

I know people are going to keep saying the Lakers should give up the 1st. They can't trade this years 1st. It would be the 2016 1st, unless they swap picks this year.

BullySixChicago
05-01-2014, 03:57 PM
I dont know about that. Sure they want Melo but look at it this way the Bulls can get rid of Boozer contract without having to pay him secondly they could ask for the Lakers 1st round pick this year and a first next season plus for Nick Young. So yea they could let them talk and then tell them the coat and see how bad the Lakers really want Thibs. Sure we might lose Melo but a possible lottery pick from 1-9 and a good chance the Lakers could move up the board in this draft and Bulls could end up with a top 5 player.

So is Thibs worth losing and Melo as well? How would Jabari Parker look in the Bulls red and black. How would Mirotic and two other picks look plus having money to sign Stuckey, DJ so we have the biggest trade chip the coach. But who would replace Thibs? Wow

BullySixChicago
05-01-2014, 03:59 PM
Why cant they give up this years pick?

-Kobe24-TJ19-
not gonna happen, we're getting Mike Woodson

-Kobe24-TJ19-
Why cant they give up this years pick?

cant trade consecutive 1st rounders

BullySixChicago
05-01-2014, 04:01 PM
lol come on man 2 first and giving up Boozer's contract and getting Nick young. that would be a moster deal for the Bulls

effen5
05-01-2014, 04:03 PM
lol come on man 2 first and giving up Boozer's contract and getting Nick young. that would be a moster deal for the Bulls

Lakers I think only have this years first round and 2019? And really for nick young? Are you stunner in disguise?

nickdymez
05-01-2014, 04:03 PM
I always love how the lakers haters come and say things like "Dream on lakers fans" and crap like that, knowing that the lakers pull this type of stuff off all the time

BullySixChicago
05-01-2014, 04:06 PM
Effen5
Lol I hear you man but talking to the Lakers sets up the Lakers to get blasted to acquire Thibs, I can see the Bulls asking for this years first next years first and also requiring that the Lakers take Boozer's contract and also giving up Nick Young as well. But for Thibs I would hate to lose lose but for that I would say hell yea

Gibby23
Lakers I think only have this years first round and 2019? And really for nick young? Are you stunner in disguise?

We have 1st in 2014, 2016, and 2018. We can't trade any of those unless we het another 1st in that year. We can trade 2019 straight up.

nickdymez
why would thibs wanna go ther he's way better off staying in chi town unless he knows rose is done

Theres no better job than the lakers job. You'll see

Stunner
05-01-2014, 04:08 PM

Chill out

Big Zo
05-01-2014, 04:08 PM
I always love how the lakers haters come and say things like "Dream on lakers fans" and crap like that, knowing that the lakers pull this type of stuff off all the time

The Lakers weren't stuck with Jim Buss before, tho.

Stunner
05-01-2014, 04:09 PM
Bulls aren't doing this and I wouldn't do it so idk why this is a thread . Plus it's not even a reliable source

Crackadalic
05-01-2014, 04:10 PM
Bulls aren't doing this and I wouldn't do it so idk why this is a thread . Plus it's not even a reliable source

Um who is that in your sig. She's hot

RateSports
05-01-2014, 04:12 PM

I like Thibs but HELL NO is he the second best.

1. Pop
2. Doc Rivers
3. Spoesltra (his rotations and gameplans are great. Don't give me the talent excuse. See Scotty Brooks)
4. Rick Carlisle
5. Thibs

effen5
05-01-2014, 04:13 PM
Effen5
Lol I hear you man but talking to the Lakers sets up the Lakers to get blasted to acquire Thibs, I can see the Bulls asking for this years first next years first and also requiring that the Lakers take Boozer's contract and also giving up Nick Young as well. But for Thibs I would hate to lose lose but for that I would say hell yea
They aren't allowed to trade back to back first rounds.

Stunner
05-01-2014, 04:14 PM
I like Thibs but HELL NO is he the second best.

1. Pop
2. Doc
3. Spoesltra (his rotations and gameplans are great. Don't give me the talent excuse. See Scotty Brooks)
4. Thibs

Pop / Thibs / Doc

Thibs accomplishes a lot with lesser talent than both of those coaches . Look at his teams he had and see the roster was made up of majority defensive players and no star player for 2 years .

Stunner
05-01-2014, 04:16 PM
Um who is that in your sig. She's hot

draya michele

Goose17
05-01-2014, 04:17 PM
Lakers rebuild plan;

Step 1; Hire Thibs.
Step 2; Sign Deng.
Step 3; Give Swaggy and Hill new contracts.
Step 4; ??????
Step 5; Threepeat.

Stunner
05-01-2014, 04:19 PM
I think somebody made this up after kobe said " I wish Thibs was a coach available"

kozelkid
05-01-2014, 04:21 PM

Theres no better job than the lakers job. You'll see

With Jerry? Yes. With Jim? They're no different than the Knicks, Raiders, or Cowboys.

abe_froman
05-01-2014, 04:25 PM
i doubt that we give them permission to

nickdymez
05-01-2014, 04:27 PM
With Jerry? Yes. With Jim? They're no different than the Knicks, Raiders, or Cowboys.

I guess we will have to see. Dont act like mistakes werent made in the past under old management. This is the same group of people that got the Lakers Chris Paul only to have him stolen. That was a great trade and would have changed the whole landscape of the NBA

chicagocubsfan
05-01-2014, 04:35 PM
I doubt we give them permission unless we have some sort of collateral if he leaves(multiple unprotected picks).

Kevj77
05-01-2014, 04:43 PM
I doubt we give them permission unless we have some sort of collateral if he leaves(multiple unprotected picks).I doubt the Lakers would even consider that. That unprotected pick they gave up for Nash is going to hurt them next year. If they did give up a 1st it would be heavily protected.

TheIlladelph16
05-01-2014, 04:46 PM
I guess we will have to see. Dont act like mistakes werent made in the past under old management. This is the same group of people that got the Lakers Chris Paul only to have him stolen. That was a great trade and would have changed the whole landscape of the NBA

It was a great trade for the Lakers. Not the team trading a Top 3 player in the NBA for Paul Gasol's contract and a pile of crap.

I find it cute that Lakers fans still use the term "stolen" and "screwed" in reference to that trade.

DR_1
05-01-2014, 04:47 PM
It was a great trade for the Lakers. Not the team trading a Top 3 player in the NBA for Paul Gasol's contract and a pile of crap.

I find it cute that Lakers fans still use the term "stolen" and "screwed" in reference to that trade still.

Well in all normal circumstances the trade would have happened so ya he was kinda stolen from them.

archdevil84
05-01-2014, 04:48 PM
if the lakers end up with thibs as coach kobe would probably grind out an average of 50 minutes per game on thibs watch

TheIlladelph16
05-01-2014, 04:51 PM
Well in all normal circumstances the trade would have happened so ya he was kinda stolen from them.

Except, that's not really what stolen means. The owners of the basketball team realized it was a **** deal and pulled out of it. It wasn't normal circumstances, but in no way were the Lakers screwed in that deal. The Pelicans ended up with the better offer which should have been the case in the first place.

DaBear
05-01-2014, 04:52 PM
Wow if that happens then **** GarPax

THE MTL
05-01-2014, 04:56 PM
Go after coach k on a 5 yr deal

Brooklyn offered Coach K 15 million dollars per year a couple years back and he still declined. He's NEVER leaving Duke

Gibby23
05-01-2014, 04:59 PM

I find it cute that Lakers fans still use the term "stolen" and "screwed" in reference to that trade.

It would have saved them from extending Gordon and signing Evans. They would have had a bunch of money for this year and could have built the rest of the team. They could have kept Gasol for 10 million and went after both Deng and Stephenson a team of Jru, Stephenson, Deng, Davis, Gasol would be able to do some things and would be a hell of a defensive team. Instead they built around Davis with 6'4'' and 6'5'' combo guards.

Gibby23
05-01-2014, 05:00 PM
Except, that's not really what stolen means. The owners of the basketball team realized it was a **** deal and pulled out of it. It wasn't normal circumstances, but in no way were the Lakers screwed in that deal. The Pelicans ended up with the better offer which should have been the case in the first place.

Except it wasn't better.

abe_froman
05-01-2014, 05:04 PM
this is just a story to sell laker fans to give them hope,the ny media sold the same story to knick fans before phil came.its just something to make you believe in the franchise again when the fanbase feels hopeless.

Kevj77
05-01-2014, 05:13 PM
It would have saved them from extending Gordon and signing Evans. They would have had a bunch of money for this year and could have built the rest of the team. They could have kept Gasol for 10 million and went after both Deng and Stephenson a team of Jru, Stephenson, Deng, Davis, Gasol would be able to do some things and would be a hell of a defensive team. Instead they built around Davis with 6'4'' and 6'5'' combo guards.The funny thing is Gasol didn't go to the Pelicans Kevin Martin (a player OKC thought highly enough to ask for in the Harden trade), Goran Dragic, a first round pick acquired by Houston from the NYKs and Odom went to the Pelicans from the Lakers. Odom still had value after the vetoed trade he asked the Lakers for a trade and the Mavs gave up a first for him.

The trade wasn't highway robbery, but Stern caved to crybabies like Jordan, Gilbert and Cuban after a tough fight over the new collective bargaining agreement. But hey whatever people still think LAL ripped off Memphis in the Gasol trade.

It wasn't highway robbery

Bruno
05-01-2014, 05:16 PM
Thibs and Butler for a lotto pick? I love thibs as much as the next guy but if you're going to trade that pick you better trade him for an impact all star level player. I'd way rather the lakers keep the pick or try to move it for Love and sign Hollins the give the pick up for thibs and butler.

Gibby23
05-01-2014, 05:20 PM
this is just a story to sell laker fans to give them hope,the ny media sold the same story to knick fans before phil came.its just something to make you believe in the franchise again when the fanbase feels hopeless.

3 or 4 years removed from 2 Championships, I woldn't say Laker fans are hopeless. If it gets up to 10 or 15 years, then I see your point. I mean when the Lakers have a legit team and are championship contenders they for the most part take advantage of the window they have. They had a 6 or 7 year window with Kobe and Shaq and got 3 rings and 4 trips to the finals. They had like a 5 year window with Kobe and Gasol and got 2 rings and 3 trips to the finals.

The Knicks I agree with, I would also throw the Bulls in there. They had a chance with Rose the year he was the MVP but never went out and traded for a 2nd star, he hurts his ACL and then hurts his knee again and the team wasted 2 years. Sure they made the playoffs, but they didn't have a legit shot at anything. Now they might get Melo to play with Rose that has been out for most of 2 years on repaired knees. Where was the trade or ownership group 3 years ago when Melo was on the block? They could have traded for him and went for it that year with homecourt and the MVP. I call that hopeless, when your team is so close, but they think they have all the time to let these guys develop and blow one of the few chances you get in the NBA.

I even give the Lakers a pass last year when they traded for Howard and Nash, they took one last shot with Kobe and Pau and now get a reset over the next 3 years with max or near max money each of the next 3 years and a lotto pick this year.

Stunner
05-01-2014, 05:30 PM
L(OL)akers

Teufelshunde4
05-01-2014, 05:33 PM

Fair to say Rose has been Thibs best offensive player by far.. Thibs has never had many options on offense or a truly dynamic scorer.. No one can argue Thibs doesnt get best out of his team year in and year out.. Thats all any franchise can hope for in a coach..

pacofunk64
05-01-2014, 05:33 PM
First off there is no way Thibs wants anything to do with LAL. They are a disaster of a roster and have no cap relief thanks to Kobe and his selfishness. So he would be committing coaching suicide if he did this.

beliges
05-01-2014, 05:35 PM

I dont think it had anything to do with a "better offer." The league complained to the commissioner that the Lakers would just be too powerful again. And as such, the Pelicans actually took a lesser deal because the rest of the league did not want to team up Kobe and CP3 for obvious reasons.

Nothing new here. Thought we were over that.

championships
05-01-2014, 05:36 PM
This is only the first of many names that will be thrown out there for the lakers job.
In honesty, I'm a bit afraid that Jimbo will screw this up...

..again

D-Leethal
05-01-2014, 05:39 PM
Thibs to me is a guy who can squeeze the most out of lower level guys, get them to play with tremendous effort every single night and hide the fact that he doesn't have many scorers through elaborate XO play. I don't think he is a guy who fits well with a star-studded lineup. It takes a different type of coach to mesh with different type of personalities and skill levels. Not sure he resonates with the pampered divas of today's NBA hierarchy the same way he can with bench players and hustle first guys.

Stunner
05-01-2014, 05:40 PM
Thibs to me is a guy who can squeeze the most out of lower level guys, get them to play with tremendous effort every single night and hide the fact that he doesn't have many scorers through elaborate XO play. I don't think he is a guy who fits well with a star-studded lineup. It takes a different type of coach to mesh with different type of personalities and skill levels. Not sure he resonates with the pampered divas of today's NBA hierarchy the same way he can with bench players and hustle first guys.

He has experience from Boston and Team USA

Gibby23
05-01-2014, 05:41 PM
First off there is no way Thibs wants anything to do with LAL. They are a disaster of a roster and have no cap relief thanks to Kobe and his selfishness. So he would be committing coaching suicide if he did this.

They have about 25 to 28 million this offseason, 12 to 15 million next offseason, and over 24 million the year after that. Keep making stuff uo though.

kobe4thewinbang
05-01-2014, 06:58 PM
The way TT runs his players ragged is not far removed from MD running Kobe ragged which likely led to his injury.

Tony_Starks
05-01-2014, 07:13 PM
Lakers just doing their due diligence. Nothing to see here, move along.....

DaBear
05-01-2014, 07:14 PM
Lakers just doing their due diligence. Nothing to see here, move along.....

Yup, the Lakers doing their best to keep their fans hopes alive.

ManRam
05-01-2014, 07:18 PM
"Seeking permission" is a bit too early in the process for me to start getting any bit carried away. Frankly, if they didn't inquire I'd be surprised. This seems like a "no-****...as they should be" development.

But, unless you're the Spurs, hiring Thibs is gonna be the best coaching move you can make. Would be big.

It would be interesting to see how a Thibs team does courting stars in FA though. That's the ONLY knock I could possibly think of. I could imagine some players might be slightly turned-off by his demanding style and the fact that he really like playing his best players a lot...some might say too much.

P&GRealist
05-01-2014, 07:19 PM

The Lakers have 26-28M in capspace this summer. Not sure where you got your source that they have no cap relief.

NBA_Starter
05-01-2014, 07:25 PM
Why would Thibs want to go there? The Lakers are still in for at least one more rough year.

L8kers4life
05-01-2014, 07:29 PM

Do you even watch basketball? as stated earlier, the Lakers have almost 30 million in cap space this off season and could have more if they stretch provision Nash. They have a top 10 guaranteed pick, Bird rights on Pau, and Kobe coming back, which yes he may never be the same, but it's Kobe and there is always that chance that he proves the doubters wrong. A good coach, a top 10 pick (which could end up being top 5), Kobe, Pau (signing back for around 10 to 12 mil) or signing a free agent at that price, plus a Max level Free agent this summer or next (Carmelo or Kevin Love) is hardly coaching suicide.
:eyebrow:So can you explain why it's coaching suicide? Just Because Mike Dantoni Failed doesn't mean all will fail. Mike Brown was fired by the Lakers and was hired by the Cavs the next year, if Brown continues to fail there, that is on him. The Lakers will attract talent, or do you not agree with that either?
you just sound like the typical Kobe Hater!

ManRam
05-01-2014, 07:55 PM
The Lakers have cap space, but there are some caveats to that. Nash + Kobe + Sacre + Marshall (maybe) are all they have signed for next year. To actually see that huge cap space they have to renounce the rights of everyone else, making it slightly less easy to bring them back on the cheap. The whole point of cap holds is to make it harder for teams under the cap to sign free agents and THEN use their Bird rights to re-sign their own guys. If they go that route, and make a big FA splash on a player or two, I really think it's gonna be very hard to fill out the rest of the roster to a point in which they can contend right away.

With the cap holds for Nash (9.7), Sacre (.915), Kobe (23.5) and the 1st rounder (2.7) they have 36.82 in cap holds. The projected cap is 63.2. So yeah, just about $26M. Say they make a splash and sign Bosh for the max (substitute LeBron if you're feeling delusional). 20M? There goes almost all the cap space, and ****! You still have almost an entire roster to fill and NO rights left to make re-signing your guys reasonable/possible. Split it between two guys -- IDK, Deng and Monroe -- and you still have 2 starters and almost an entire bench left to fill...and no money.

Signing Melo would eat all the cap space. You'd have Kobe, Melo....and nothing else and no money. Of course there's the draft pick they can wield...and my god do I hope they wield it. I'd love to see them go all in right now.

They have cap space, but there are some caveats to it. To see that cap space they have to renounce most of their valuable players' rights. And they have just 3 (maybe 4) players under contract. It's not like this is a team with a lot of talent who just needs a player or two to put them over the top. They gotta fill an entire roster essentially.

The Lakers aren't contending next year unless they turn that pick into a star. Stretch provision could help a tad. Thibs might not care...I'm not going to pretend like I know what his thoughts are on Chi vs. LA. But, strictly talking talent and even cap flexibility, it really isn't terribly attractive right now. But it's still LAL...that means something.

chi-townlove1
05-01-2014, 07:56 PM
Nothing really breaking news here.

They're not gonna get permission to do so.

Melo likes Thibs, Bulls are trying to get Melo in Free agency, Melo's 3 main choices are staying in NYK or going to CHI or LAL.

They're not gonna give the permission of risking of losing both Thibs and Melo, which down the line could spell losing Rose as well.

And LOL, no, Jimmy Butler, Mr. offensively inept is not worth the Lakers lotto pick. We worked too damn hard with a shiiiettty coach this past yr. We're not gonna give it up for Jimmy freakin Butler.

Lol at your stupidity about butler. You basing that off of the missed layup in the playoffs? For starters the lakers would be lucky to have a player as defensively sound as butler, but the bulls have three of those guys. Maybe that would help the lakers not get blown out of ball games. Also, this "offensive inept" stuff is ludicrous. The guy had a rough playoffs. Along with durant and Westbrook and Noah and dj Augustine as well as many others. Does that mean they're inept too?

Either way the bulls will pick up the phone and laugh. Thibs isn't going anywhere despite our fan bases disagreements with his coaching style.

king4day
05-01-2014, 08:14 PM
would the Bulls let him and Butler go for the lotto pick?

If I'm Chicago, I demand a top 3 pick (if they win the lottery) for Thibodeau or nothing at all. He's too valuable a coach to let walk.

Adding Butler isn't necessary. Bulls have the upper hand.

Tony_Starks
05-01-2014, 08:24 PM
Yup, the Lakers doing their best to keep their fans hopes alive.

Lol. Yeah we've been hoping for over 3 decades and most of the time it's worked out pretty good....

Tony_Starks
05-01-2014, 08:27 PM
If I'm Chicago, I demand a top 3 pick (if they win the lottery) for Thibodeau or nothing at all. He's too valuable a coach to let walk.

It's been mentioned a bunch but Lakers can't give up this years pick. You can't give up consecutive 1st round picks.

Stunner
05-01-2014, 08:29 PM
This honestly makes the Bulls look better in Melo eyes

jerellh528
05-01-2014, 08:39 PM

Lol. Lakers can't trade this pick even if they wanted to. But the lakers would laugh in Chicagos face in a top 3 pic for thibs offer.

PhillyFaninLA
05-01-2014, 08:41 PM
The Bulls deserve to be terrible for a long long time if they even consider this....they have a special coach

Stunner
05-01-2014, 08:42 PM
Lol. Lakers can't trade this pick even if they wanted to. But the lakers would laugh in Chicagos face in a top 3 pic for thibs offer.

Lol it would go both ways , the Lakers star player is the one who wants Thibs not the other way around . LA not hurting us

Stunner
05-01-2014, 09:03 PM

Close thread

DaBear
05-01-2014, 09:04 PM
The Bulls deserve to be terrible for a long long time if they even consider this....they have a special coach

As much as I would hate it, I agree. If we trade away Thibs we don't deserve to have a good team.

king4day
05-02-2014, 12:34 AM

Exactly. That's why this just won't work from either side. Unless Thibodeau has some beef with the Bulls and wants out, maybe they can find something else that works.

Lakers + Giants
05-02-2014, 12:57 AM
I ****in wish, not gonna happen tho. Still tho, Antoni is gone. Feels amazing! :)

Jtirado16
05-02-2014, 02:00 AM
If it cost us our Lotto pick then we can go ahead and hang up because that'd be terrible.

effen5
05-02-2014, 02:04 AM
If it cost us our Lotto pick then we can go ahead and hang up because that'd be terrible.

Your team is terrible.

BIG worm
05-02-2014, 02:34 AM
Im going to predict that Jimbo swoops up in the dead of night, and signs Vinny Del ****ing Negro! Lakers fans riot!

Chavacano
05-02-2014, 02:37 AM
No harm in talking.