PDA

View Full Version : Wizards ECF Bound?

Clippersfan86
05-01-2014, 12:55 PM
Nobody is talking about this team, but they look dangerous. Went from nowhere close to playoffs last year to 3-1 series win vs a team most felt was superior. With Indy looking like garbage and on the verge of elimination, who has a better shot? Even Miami looks very vulnerable. Bobcats pushed Miami to their limits in 3 of 4 games.

How hilarious would it be if WSH made the finals? Anyway, let's discuss the Wizards. Bradley Beal's playoff domination, Wizards D>> Bulls D. Nene owning Noah etc.

MonroeFAN
05-01-2014, 01:00 PM
I can't see why not.

Unfortunately I didn't get to watch most of the series against the Bulls, but from the box scores it looked like it was never in question.

goingfor28
05-01-2014, 01:02 PM
No doubt it will be wizards vs heat

DamnGoat
05-01-2014, 01:15 PM
They have a great shot. I'm a Bulls fan and expected the Bulls to win that series, but I seriously underestimated the Wizards (and probably overrated the Bulls at the same time). Beal is a star in the making and between him, Wall & Nene, they're going to be a tough match up for anyone.

P&GRealist
05-01-2014, 01:21 PM
They have a great shot. I'm a Bulls fan and expected the Bulls to win that series, but I seriously underestimated the Wizards (and probably overrated the Bulls at the same time). Beal is a star in the making and between him, Wall & Nene, they're going to be a tough match up for anyone.

Gortat and Ariza are underrated. Ariza is playing like he did in the 2009 playoffs as a starter on that championship Laker team on both ends of the floor.

Sofnr
05-01-2014, 01:40 PM
The way they ended the season and looked against the Bulls I'd take them over any Eastern Conference team other then the Heat. I'd be surprised if the ECF isn't Wizards-Heat.

J.Twiggy
05-01-2014, 01:42 PM
I'd like to see wizards vs Heat in the ECF gotta get by the semi's first.

MonroeFAN
05-01-2014, 01:48 PM
Gortat and Ariza are underrated. Ariza is playing like he did in the 2009 playoffs as a starter on that championship Laker team on both ends of the floor.

Both contract years right?

MrfadeawayJB
05-01-2014, 01:51 PM
Washington has looked great and they have a dynamic backcourt. They are a team that could give Miami problems when you look at their roster.

P&GRealist
05-01-2014, 01:52 PM
Both contract years right?

lol ya haha

TheScab
05-01-2014, 01:58 PM
I definitely could see it. Kerr even said it last night when asked on air at the Spurs/Mavs game of which team in the East is most likely to take down Miami. He said "Washington Wizards. No team in the East can get up and and down the court as quick as they can".

Wizards are dangerous with Wall, Beal, Ariza, a healthy Nene and Gortat. More importantly, their bench of Andre Miller (savvy veteran PG to spell Wall), Trevor Booker (hustle machine), Martel Webster (dangerous shooter) and Drew Gooden (hustle machine). This team has the perfect mix of young guys and veterans who actually have playoff experience. The Wizards are hungry and motivated. I watched the Bulls series. Wall didn't really have a good series and they still beat the best defensive in the NBA 3-1.

Chronz
05-01-2014, 02:06 PM
Always liked the make up of that team but lets be honest, the Bulls were less talented and should have never been favored IMO.

astonmartin10
05-01-2014, 02:11 PM
I like this team even round team. I just don't see them beating Miami. Even though Bobcats challenged Miami, most of the time it seemed like they were coasting. No one in the east is touching Miami.

beasted86
05-01-2014, 02:13 PM
It's easy to spread out and torch the Wiz with 3 pt shooting. The Bulls had no shooters and nobody as dynamic Wade and LeBron off the pick roll... nobody to bring their bigs 23 ft from the rim. Beal has been balling, but can he defend Wade on the block when we know the HEAT will run a steady diet in the post?

I'm not worried about the Wizards as a HEAT fan. The team that scares me right now is Memphis.

Greet
05-01-2014, 02:17 PM
I'm not so sure the Wizards would easily beat the Hawks/Pacers right now.

Surely they handled the Bulls with ease, but the Bulls really never had any offensive threat outside of Taj Gibson.

NYKnickFanatic
05-01-2014, 02:21 PM
Always liked the make up of that team but lets be honest, the Bulls were less talented and should have never been favored IMO.

The Bulls don't win games based off of talent, though. They win games because they work hard.

"Hard work beats talent when talent doesn't work hard."

Unfortunately for the Bulls, this talented Wizards team works hard and they are trying to make some noise in these playoffs.

Chronz
05-01-2014, 02:41 PM
The Bulls don't win games based off of talent, though. They win games because they work hard.

"Hard work beats talent when talent doesn't work hard."

Unfortunately for the Bulls, this talented Wizards team works hard and they are trying to make some noise in these playoffs.
Agreed. But IMO, talent matters more in the playoffs as well. Having more guys you can count on in during these games is rarely a bad thing.

Bulls were overachieving all year, they got better when Deng left, which should never happen but thats where the Bulls were at. Wizards clearly had the higher ceiling .

Silent
05-01-2014, 03:02 PM
This team don't miss' Nene was looking like Aldridge out there.

FlashBolt
05-01-2014, 03:14 PM
Lol. Heat would destroy Wizards. 1) LeBron will and can stop Wall. As for Beal, I would say he's too inconsistent for my liking. Wizards will beat any other ECF team besides Miami at this point. Heck, I think Toronto would give them a run as well. It's going to be a sweep for Miami. Only issue would be Nene but he's just not enough to help them. I can see Bosh stepping up big matchup wise as well.

Nick O
05-01-2014, 03:39 PM
if the pacers win i see the Wizard winning that series in 6 if the Hawks win give me the Wizards in 5. they were a good team this year. in the next year or two theyll be great, wicked potential. 50 wins or more for them next year,

Nick O
05-01-2014, 03:42 PM
the reason Nene torched Noah is because he isnt that good, overated . even his defense. hes never been very good in the playoffs. Bosh has had his way with him many times in the playoffs so have other good scorers. hes inefficient offensively. hes improved dramatically but the only reason he won DPOY is becaus Roy Hibbert tanked the last couple weeks.

Stunner
05-01-2014, 04:10 PM
Most likely , terrible year for the east

Crackadalic
05-01-2014, 04:16 PM
The wizards kind of remind me of the pistons in the mid 2000's just not as strong defensively

There whole starting 5 is above average

Decent bench
Beal average 19 a game vs them
Wall is a speedy pg
Two bigs to dominate the boards and both can actually score

I think Miami still wins but it will go to 7. Not a good match up IMO

Clippersfan86
05-01-2014, 05:38 PM
Raptors or Wizards will be facing Miami most likely in ECF. How nuts is it that neither team made the playoffs last year?? Lolz Indy.

Cal827
05-01-2014, 05:40 PM
^ Actually, the winner of the Raptors/Nets series gets "Rewarded" with a trip to Miami due to the bracketing....... yeah Miami should pretty much have a walk to the finals lol

12-0 seems quite possible

goingfor28
05-01-2014, 05:57 PM
^ Actually, the winner of the Raptors/Nets series gets "Rewarded" with a trip to Miami due to the bracketing....... yeah Miami should pretty much have a walk to the finals lol

I could see Toronto and Washington making a series of it and winning a couple games, but I can't see either beating miami, or even forcing a game 7

ghettosean
05-01-2014, 06:30 PM

This... No Rose, traded Deng and Noah's the star... Noah is amazing and earned DPOY but no enough... Thibs is a great coach but there only so much water he can turn to wine.

Miltstar
05-01-2014, 06:58 PM

I love how people just write off the Raptors like they don't even exist. They are gonna give Miami more problems than most anticipate. As I Raptor fan however unlikely it may be, I'm pulling for a wiz/raps ECF I think that would be one h*ll of a series right there two young and hungry teams going heads up for a birth in the ship although I honestly give either team a better chance vs Miami than against whoever comes out of the west

Yanks All Day
05-01-2014, 07:06 PM
I just don't think the Wizards are the type of team that gives Miami real trouble. They're young, dynamic, and athletic, but their bigs aren't going to give you 20+ points each consistently. Beal and Wall are amazing, but guard play doesn't really beat the Heat. Not to mention there's no forward on the team that's going to at least slow LeBron down enough to make the series a little challenging for him. That series would go 5 games. As would a Toronto-Heat series and an Atlanta-Heat series. These teams just aren't built to play the kind of basketball that gives Miami fits.

As has been the case, if Dwyane Wade is at least 70% healthy, beating Miami is nearly impossible.

j-bay
05-01-2014, 07:21 PM
I just don't think the Wizards are the type of team that gives Miami real trouble. They're young, dynamic, and athletic, but their bigs aren't going to give you 20+ points each consistently. Beal and Wall are amazing, but guard play doesn't really beat the Heat. Not to mention there's no forward on the team that's going to at least slow LeBron down enough to make the series a little challenging for him. That series would go 5 games. As would a Toronto-Heat series and an Atlanta-Heat series. These teams just aren't built to play the kind of basketball that gives Miami fits.

As has been the case, if Dwyane Wade is at least 70% healthy, beating Miami is nearly impossible.

We would are one of the most underated defensive teams in the league. Ariza, Nene, Booker, and Gortat should cause problems for the heat. Maybe not against James or Wade. But for the others i can see it.

NBA_Starter
05-01-2014, 07:24 PM
I can't see them not making it, the Pacers have too many problems and the Hawks just don't have enough left in the tank.

j-bay
05-01-2014, 07:28 PM
I can't see them not making it, the Pacers have too many problems and the Hawks just don't have enough left in the tank.

You mean can? Also ee are 3-1 against the Hawks this year. The only loss was with Horford on the floor.

Trwood12
05-01-2014, 08:22 PM
I hope so