PDA

View Full Version : Donald Sterling to sue NBA for 1.7 billion dollars

yellowblanket
04-30-2014, 08:24 PM
http://www.thenewsnerd.com/sports/donald-sterling-sue-nba-1-7-billion-dollars/

He didn't get the position he is today by letting people muscle him. :/

Greet
04-30-2014, 08:28 PM
Interesting. I'm more interested in if sterling would go for a settlement or if he wants to take the nba and Adam silver down.

ricky recon
04-30-2014, 08:30 PM
I don't see why he wouldn't win. He voiced his opinion on the phone to his girlfriend and is banned for life.

Ebbs
04-30-2014, 08:32 PM
He's going to win and really should win.

What he said was ignorant but it's not against the law. Like Cuban said America is the land of idiots people can say what they want to say.

What he did was wrong but legally the NBA is at a disadvantage

abe_froman
04-30-2014, 08:34 PM
He's going to win and really should win.

What he said was ignorant but it's not against the law. Like Cuban said America is the land of idiots people can say what they want to say.

What he did was wrong but legally the NBA is at a disadvantage
naw,it'll be thrown out of court.the nba actually has the legal authority here(even if you find that a bad thing).

yellowblanket
04-30-2014, 08:39 PM
I'm surprised that mr Silver who is a lawyer did not see this coming. Everything goes too fast. Sad but I don't see why he wouldn't win in a case like this. Being racist is a horrible thing but it's not illegal

DODGERS&LAKERS
04-30-2014, 08:39 PM
He is being a short sighted. He should sue for what he anticipated to get for the new TV deal that is coming soon. The Lakers got four billion. With the Clippers current roster they could easily get 2 billion.

flea
04-30-2014, 08:40 PM
He's got more than a promising case, but anybody who wasn't swept up by this media storm realizes that.

Ebbs
04-30-2014, 08:41 PM
Satire news site FFS don't post ****

abe_froman
04-30-2014, 08:41 PM
I'm surprised that mr Silver who is a lawyer did not see this coming. Everything goes too fast. Sad but I don't see why he wouldn't win in a case like this. Being racist is a horrible thing but it's not illegal

of course he did.filling a suit is not the same as winning one.

flea
04-30-2014, 08:42 PM
Well he'll be suing at some point. 1.7 billion is insane though.

Procision
04-30-2014, 08:44 PM
Is this link legit?

bleedprple&gold
04-30-2014, 08:46 PM
He'll probably get a billion for selling the team. Cant he just take that and be on his merry way? Does he really need more money than that?

DODGERS&LAKERS
04-30-2014, 08:46 PM
The part that is crazy is that he didn't say he didn't want black people at his games. He told his girlfriend not to bring them. He could make a good case that it was pure jealousy that was coming out of him. I seen pictures of her all over Terrell Owens at a Clipper game. He could easily say "i told her I did not want her to bring black people to the game because I was fearful that she might end up going home with them".

he has never stopped anybody from going to a game that was black. I have heard a couple black people say that he always invited them to sit with him during his games. Their main fan is an African American in clipper Darrell. He was the only one to have an african-american GM about 25 years ago. He currently has an African American coach and head of basketball operations. If I was him, there would be no way I will go out without a fight.

B'sCeltsPatsSox
04-30-2014, 08:48 PM
Not a legit site, closing.