PDA

View Full Version : Floyd Mayweather wants to get a group of billionaires to buy the clips

mdm692
04-29-2014, 11:04 PM
http://m.bleacherreport.com/articles/2046023-floyd-mayweather-confirms-interest-in-buying-the-la-clippers

He and Magic should get something going.

Duncan = Donkey
04-29-2014, 11:13 PM
Serious question. Would Sterling even sell the team to a black person.

DaBear
04-29-2014, 11:14 PM

Unless he wants even more backlash, he should step off the racist **** and just get out ASAP.

QueensG_718
04-29-2014, 11:15 PM
I hope sterling doesn't sell the team. I want to see the NBA **** there pants. First think crime....now you have to watch what you say in the privacy of your own home. Smh this opened up a can of worms

Kushed
04-29-2014, 11:17 PM

That's actually a very legitimate question lol. I suspect he might to save some face but at the same time there's a very good chance he would never do that. But at the end of the day money is money.

Cal827
04-29-2014, 11:17 PM
:facepalm:

Um, not exactly who the NBA would want to purchase the team.

Out with one racist guy, in with another :pity:

Hope the NBA does everything possible to prevent him from getting a large stake in the team

goingfor28
04-29-2014, 11:33 PM

Not his choice. Once nba gets owner votes the nba and silver will be on charge of selling the team, not DTS

P&GRealist
04-29-2014, 11:36 PM
Magic and Mo-Money

Dangerous duo

Avenged
04-29-2014, 11:38 PM
That would be AWESOME. I hope this doesn't happen.

Duncan = Donkey
04-29-2014, 11:38 PM
Not his choice. Once nba gets owner votes the nba and silver will be on charge of selling the team, not DTS

so does that mean silver can sell them for $1?

goingfor28
04-29-2014, 11:39 PM
so does that mean silver can sell them for $1?

No lol

cmellofan15
04-29-2014, 11:39 PM
The world has wanted one thing from Floyd for the last few years and he has deprived us of that. I hope he gets no one's support. *****.

Snakeyestx
04-29-2014, 11:40 PM
I just had to take a stab at this... but FMJ's daddy can't handpick his NBA opponents like he does his Boxing ones... I don't see how he could even take interest in it because of that. :p

Duncan = Donkey
04-29-2014, 11:42 PM
No lol

Why not? why does he care how much Sterling makes. Thats why im finding it hard to believe Sterling will have no say in who he sells it too. Will Sterling give them a number and silver has to sell them for that number.

cmellofan15
04-29-2014, 11:43 PM
I just had to take a stab at this... but FMJ's daddy can't handpick his NBA opponents like he does his Boxing ones... I don't see how he could even take interest in it because of that. :p

I would not mind if comments like this kept coming. Can't stand Mayweather.

goingfor28
04-29-2014, 11:43 PM
Why not? why does he care how much Sterling makes. Thats why im finding it hard to believe Sterling will have no say in who he sells it too. Will Sterling give them a number and silver has to sell them for that number.

Bc they still have to sell it for the right price. But there are several groups that have expressed interest in buying them for $1B+

cmellofan15
04-29-2014, 11:45 PM

Hope the NBA does everything possible to prevent him from getting a large stake in the team

throwing the word "racist" around pretty loosely. any reason for that or are you just bashing the guy? I dislike FMJ as much as the next guy but I wouldn't call him racist..

Crackadalic
04-29-2014, 11:56 PM
I hope sterling doesn't sell the team. I want to see the NBA **** there pants. First think crime....now you have to watch what you say in the privacy of your own home. Smh this opened up a can of worms

Omg

The 1st amendment doesn't apply when your apart of a organization like the nba and under it's constitution has to right to do what they did if any way shape or form they feel has threaten it's image and loses money as well

I don't know why that's so hard to understand.

Crime isn't involve. The threating of the nba's image is

Cal827
04-30-2014, 12:10 AM
throwing the word "racist" around pretty loosely. any reason for that or are you just bashing the guy? I dislike FMJ as much as the next guy but I wouldn't call him racist..

If I recall correctly, when Mayweather wasn't able to set a date to fight Pacqiao, he went off on a rant over it.

Edit: Found an article on it http://sports.espn.go.com/sports/boxing/news/story?id=5527403

Video too I think:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zjiV0hCUpSQ

I don't like throwing the word up either (perhaps he was just going off), but the NBA doesn't exactly need a new face like this to replace a guy who lost the team for also making racist comments.

Every culture/background of the NBA should be protected. Every employee/owner should be held accountable for racial comments.

I'm a little surprised that Kevin Johnson hasn't faced any repercussions for his comments about an "All-Black" League. The NBA isn't only black, and I don't really care if it was a response to Sterling's comments, as an executive (and as an adult surprisingly enough), he should know when to keep his mouth shut.

numba1CHANGsta
04-30-2014, 12:15 AM
lmao Mayweather is just as big of a racist as Sterling, he's a racist to the asian community

Duncan = Donkey
04-30-2014, 12:18 AM
lmao Mayweather is just as big of a racist as Sterling, he's a racist to the asian community

Doubt any NBA player cares though, except Lin. lol

cmellofan15
04-30-2014, 12:25 AM
If I recall correctly, when Mayweather wasn't able to set a date to fight Pacqiao, he went off on a rant over it.

Edit: Found an article on it http://sports.espn.go.com/sports/boxing/news/story?id=5527403

Video too I think:

I don't like throwing the word up either (perhaps he was just going off), but the NBA doesn't exactly need a new face like this to replace a guy who lost the team for also making racist comments.

Had no idea, but that's ****ing disgusting. thanks for the link.

QueensG_718
04-30-2014, 12:48 AM

Video too I think:

Every culture/background of the NBA should be protected. Every employee/owner should be held accountable for racial comments.

I'm a little surprised that Kevin Johnson hasn't faced any repercussions for his comments about an "All-Black" League. The NBA isn't only black, and I don't really care if it was a response to Sterling's comments, as an executive (and as an adult surprisingly enough), he should know when to keep his mouth shut.

Wow so I mean may weather shouldn't be banned from boxing for those racist comments? The double standard here. I hope maidana whoops his *** like he did broner.

MetroMan
04-30-2014, 01:27 AM
first NBA team to smoke weed all day everyday with their bosses

Stunner
04-30-2014, 01:38 AM
first NBA team to smoke weed all day everyday with their bosses

Floyd doesn't smoke nor drink

P&GRealist
04-30-2014, 01:41 AM
Floyd doesn't smoke nor drink

Your gif looks like that blonde chick is ready to go down on her.

Kushed
04-30-2014, 01:42 AM
All together or individually? Didn't really make that clear.

BRICKCITYPIMP12
04-30-2014, 01:47 AM
DDOO IiTT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

interceptionboy
04-30-2014, 01:50 AM
One racist out and 3 racists in?

Max.This
04-30-2014, 01:52 AM
Sterling is ousted because of remarks against black people. Rick Ross's music and music he's featured in make sexist remarks against women often referring to them as "hoes" and "*****es" while also rapping about dealing drugs and gang banging. But people ***** about Sterling.

numba1CHANGsta
04-30-2014, 02:06 AM
These guys are just as bad as Sterling, they're puppets to the white rich men

LAKobeBryant
04-30-2014, 02:07 AM
All together or individually? Didn't really make that clear.

i don't think anyone today would spend $1billion on a sports team and be 100% owner even if they have the money

But floyd and p.diddy might be fitting since they are professionals and businessman. NBA don't want a "thug" to own a team

nickdymez
04-30-2014, 08:19 AM
Sterling is ousted because of remarks against black people. Rick Ross's music and music he's featured in make sexist remarks against women often referring to them as "hoes" and "*****es" while also rapping about dealing drugs and gang banging. But people ***** about Sterling.

You understand that rap us fake right?

rhymeratic
04-30-2014, 08:23 AM
Well one thing I know is its not so much these guys collectively buying in but rather they are front men for others behind the scenes with the real "Cash on hand" to make such a purchase. Honestly the one guy I would love to see come out of nowhere and just buy the team to stick it to the masses would be Mark Zuckerberg or however you spell is name from Facebook. He has the finances to make it happen outright.

lakerfan85
04-30-2014, 08:28 AM
You understand that rap us fake right?

Yeah, ok..

nickdymez
04-30-2014, 08:28 AM
Yeah, ok..

Lol. Ok , you think it's real?

Crackadalic
04-30-2014, 08:30 AM
Lmfao I don't mind the music as garbage as it is but there just as racist if not more
Don't even get me started on Floyd

BALLER R
04-30-2014, 09:17 AM
Diddy the only one that could do that. Ross I don't have him in there, Flloyd either. I don't really like the whole lifestyle those guys have. Diddy is the only professional one that carries himself as such.

BTW does Ross even have money like that. The image Ross portrays wouldn't be good for the league.

ghettosean
04-30-2014, 09:26 AM
Link???

superwill
04-30-2014, 09:29 AM
The NBA has to OK it first so Floyd is out he's a well known gambler the NBA can't have that.

Rick Ross doesn't have the money

Diddy does 750 million he could go get jay z also but Donald Sterling is not going to sale any time soon its going to get tied up in court

raiderfaninTX
04-30-2014, 09:35 AM
The NBA has to OK it first so Floyd is out he's a well known gambler the NBA can't have that.

Rick Ross doesn't have the money

Diddy does 750 million he could go get jay z also but Donald Sterling is not going to sale any time soon its going to get tied up in court

this, the mayweather gambling issue guarantees he would never own any professional sports team.

MrfadeawayJB
04-30-2014, 09:50 AM

Silly, don't ya know black people can't be racist!

Tony_Starks
04-30-2014, 10:02 AM
I would love it! Floyd said he wouldn't just do it for like 2 or 3% either, he wants a substantial piece. And his team definitely has the bread.

Do your thing Floyd!!

pacofunk64
04-30-2014, 10:09 AM
Terrible idea and would never pass. You think Sterling is racist? Imagine the outcry of all these white owners denying the blacks ownership. The fact is there are many more racist than Sterling...he was just caught in his own privacy.

Sofnr
04-30-2014, 11:58 AM
lol. There's no way they can let Mayweather even be a part owner in the clippers. Sterling is ousted for making disgusting private racist comments against blacks and they're going to let Mayweather buy into the team after making public racist comments against Asians? Hypocrisy at it's best. No way it can or should happen. I remember his racist rant from a few years ago well. And for those who didn't bother to look at the link.

Mayweather while talking about the Asian Paquiao: "I'm on vacation for about a year, about a year," Mayweather said. "As soon as we come off vacation, we're going to cook that little yellow chump. We ain't worried about that. So they ain't gotta worry about me fighting the midget. Once I kick the midget ***, I don't want you all to jump on my d---. So you all better get on the bandwagon now. ... Once I stomp the midget, I'll make that mother f----- make me a sushi roll and cook me some rice."

This is the guy who's going to be part of a group replacing Sterling? :) I don't think so.

Clippersfan86
04-30-2014, 12:13 PM
Oprah wants in now lol. This team is going to be involved in an epic bid war as Woj said.

mjt20mik
04-30-2014, 12:14 PM
the irony if Magic buys it

mdm692
04-30-2014, 01:15 PM

You do realize it's a "character". He's one if the fakest guys out there. Former corrections officer if I'm not mistaken. And I wouldn't call Floyd racist I think that whole situation was just a rant that came from not being able to set up the fight. Sterling, as much as his privacy was violated, actually feels like that and feels that blacks are inferior. It's one thing to make stereotypes, which are everywhere today and said by everyone, and it's another to feel your race is superior then another. Both are hurtful no doubt but they are 2 totally different things.

b1e9a8r5s
04-30-2014, 01:37 PM
I wouldn't think the league would want someone who's known to bet $100s of thousands of dollars on NBA games.

DODGERS&LAKERS
04-30-2014, 01:39 PM
So we are going to get rid of a guy that made a bigoted comment for a guy who beat his girlfriends? Who has been to prison? How about we sell it to Diddy who has gun charges? How about we let Jay Z own another team even though he openly admited to selling crack and said far more detrimental things than Sterling ever said on his songs.

Magic and his group are the only ones that should be an option.

krazylegz
04-30-2014, 01:55 PM
dont believe you can be part ownership and be an excessive gambler

abe_froman
04-30-2014, 02:30 PM
dont believe you can be part ownership and be an excessive gambler

mj

raiderfaninTX
04-30-2014, 03:06 PM
mj

Oh you mean the guy who made the NBA a world wide league. COME ON MAN!!!!

Yanks All Day
04-30-2014, 03:26 PM
There's nothing wrong with Floyd Mayweather legally gambling on NBA games when he's not affiliated with ownership of any franchise. As of right now, he's just a guy with a ton of money that gambles on basketball games. I'm sure as an owner, especially one of a Clippers franchise going through such ownership turmoil, he'd be made well aware of the fact he can no longer gamble on basketball games.

I also think Money Mayweather as a part owner of the Clippers would be a wonderful idea. He'd be a Hollywood guy in Los Angeles and bring even more star power to the Clippers franchise. He definitely knows how to market himself, so other players would probably flock to the Clippers to have him market them. It's not likely he'd be involved in basketball decisions anyway. Just major star power.

mrblisterdundee
04-30-2014, 03:27 PM

This goes beyond privacy concerns. The guy's obviously an unrepentant racist. And you can't have that in a global, multiethnic sport where 75 percent of the players are black.
Just because he happened to be caught in a private moment doesn't change what he is. He hurts the NBA financially, the nail in the coffin, whether his statements are made on a radio station or in the privacy of his own home.
People need to stop using the privacy defense for this guy. That's like saying Mitt Romney shouldn't be bashed because it was a private event at which he was recorded saying that 47 percent of Americans' don't matter to the Republican party.

mrblisterdundee
04-30-2014, 03:31 PM
the irony if Magic buys it

Magic can't afford it, unless he gets backing from Guggenheim Partners, which helped him purchase the Dodgers.

Burkey3472
04-30-2014, 03:42 PM
There is absolutely no way the NBA lets Floyd get partial ownership of a team. After this whole mess they are going to want a clean cut owner with no major issues in the past which Floyd isn't. For one, he has made a lot of his gambling issues public. He gambles on the NBA constantly and that is a no go especially in this situation. Not to mention Floyd has had a few run in's with the law within the past few years. My guess is the NBA wouldn't take that lightly either. I actually think he is a smart enough guy to be an owner but his issues wont allow it.

b1e9a8r5s
04-30-2014, 05:47 PM
Magic can't afford it, unless he gets backing from Guggenheim Partners, which helped him purchase the Dodgers.

No one pays cash for a team. They finance it like you do a car or a home.

Cal827
04-30-2014, 05:59 PM
Edit: Nevermind, kinda irrelevant

BALLER R
04-30-2014, 05:59 PM
There is absolutely no way the NBA lets Floyd get partial ownership of a team. After this whole mess they are going to want a clean cut owner with no major issues in the past which Floyd isn't. For one, he has made a lot of his gambling issues public. He gambles on the NBA constantly and that is a no go especially in this situation. Not to mention Floyd has had a few run in's with the law within the past few years. My guess is the NBA wouldn't take that lightly either. I actually think he is a smart enough guy to be an owner but his issues wont allow it.

Exactly. People gotta be smarter. Obviously NBA won't give to team to just anyone. Oprah/Geffen/Ellison group would have the best chance at this. Anyways that's how I go with.

Rick Ross has no chance
Floyd has no chance

Their public image just isn't what I would want in an NBA owner if I'm the NBA.

Kaner
04-30-2014, 06:41 PM

You think it's completely fake? 'Music is a reflection of self'-Eminem. any artist has to put some of their own thoughts and beliefs into their music. Rick Ross either acts or wants to act like he portrays himself in his songs. Even if he doesn't that's the message he's sending out to the world, he's the guy who thinks 'Put molly all in her champagne/ She ain't even know it/ I took her home and I enjoyed that/ She ain't even know it' isn't date rape

t_money25
04-30-2014, 07:29 PM

I hope he understands that it's only entertainment....they'll say whatever just to sell an album

NBA_Starter
04-30-2014, 07:38 PM
Everybody wants to buy the Clippers now..

bigballa321
04-30-2014, 08:02 PM
Everybody wants to buy the Clippers now..
It has to be a Black group so racism doesnt happen again

Kaner
04-30-2014, 08:08 PM
It has to be a Black group so racism doesnt happen again

:laugh2: sad but true.

Riodagoat
04-30-2014, 08:09 PM
So we want the racist owner to sell his team to another racist person?
That's going to turn out so well guys.

bigballa321
04-30-2014, 08:10 PM
:laugh2: sad but true.
I kno! We are not racist

lakerboy
04-30-2014, 08:18 PM
From racist owner to another. But it's okay, racism against asians is OK.

bigballa321
04-30-2014, 08:19 PM
From racist owner to another. But it's okay, racism against asians is OK.
my boy said asian owner was mean to him at the store

Bostonjorge
04-30-2014, 08:23 PM
I don't think May understands that he can't just play Philly, Milwaukee or Orlando every night and stay away from Miami and okc.