PDA

View Full Version : If the Rockets don't advance, who is to blame?

lol, please
04-29-2014, 07:43 PM
The Rockets and their fans had higher expectations than a first round exit, who gets the proverbial finger pointed at them if they don't turn the series around?

SPURSFAN1
04-29-2014, 07:59 PM
Rocket's fan base for thinking they're contenders. You have to learn how to crawl first.

Htownballa1622
04-29-2014, 08:00 PM
Mchale
Harden
Lin

In that order.

Dwight and Morey-Zero

ManRam
04-29-2014, 08:02 PM
Why pick one person when it's obviously not that simple?

I don't think it's on Morey, at all. This is year 1 of his Dwight era, however. They'll get better and will have some options. Moreyball is great, too.

McHale, Harden, Dwight, Lin, bad luck, Beverley, Jones, Garcia...I mean, outside of Parsons and Daniels, who's really had a great series? Dwight's the closest to it, but he'll burden a lot of the blame because he's a star player. But pretty much everyone else hasn't stepped up.

jerellh528
04-29-2014, 08:05 PM
Mchale
Harden
Lin

In that order.

Dwight and Morey-Zero

Lin? The only blame you can put on him is that he duped the rockets into thinking he's a good player and paid him all that money.

NBA_Starter
04-29-2014, 08:09 PM
I am going to have to go with McHale.

J4KOP99
04-29-2014, 08:12 PM
No one. They are there to have fun.

sf-fanatic
04-29-2014, 08:44 PM
Harden look at some of his field goal percentages. Shoot less and pass to Dwight more.

rockets-fan
04-29-2014, 08:52 PM
Lin

missed an open layup in game two that lost us the game

Couldn't hold the ball in game 4 that would have pretty much won us the game

Turnover machine all series

Harden

Playing horrible
Not making his shots

Mchale

Can't draw a play to save his life. And can't teach team defense either apparently

The rockets won't advance, they dug themselves into to big a whole. Need more time to mature and add the one PF that can shoot the 15-17 footer and play D. Add some bench depth. They're only gunna get better. Patience is the key.

Cal827
04-29-2014, 08:53 PM
Harden is shooting horribly from the field and doesn't appear to be stopping. So the obvious answer is Dwight Howard.

DallasTrilla23
04-29-2014, 09:01 PM
If I had to pick one, I would pick harden. He played bad the 1st 2 games and his defense has been horrible. There's been some plays late in the game where he has quit on defense after not being able to score.

rockets-fan
04-29-2014, 09:03 PM
Another thing I want to bring up, 90% of posters in the Blazers-Rockets games threads keep saying the refs are calling the game for Houston. This couldn't be more of a lie. If anything it's the other way around. Today, the SECOND apology was issued to the rockets for fouls called against them that screwed them in the end. Why are people ignoring these? Because of the Harden hatred? The Howard hatred? Rockets fans being annoying and other posters just enjoying watching them lose? I'm very very confused

P&GRealist
04-29-2014, 09:03 PM
No one. They are there to have fun.
this

JasonJohnHorn
04-29-2014, 11:12 PM
It is LMA's fault. He is beasting!

I realize that LMA is a power forward, but given his DPOY, Howard should be guarding the best offensive post player. I don't care who IS guarding LMA, Howard should be, and Howard should take ownership of that.

After the first or second game, Howard is calling for the ball more. What he should be calling for is the defensive job on LMA.

On the glass and on the score board, you can't ask for much more than what Dwight is giving. But he is also committing almost 4 turnovers a game! With TWO overtime losses, those turnovers likely cost each game.

Likewise, Harden's shooting percentage is disgusting this series. Everybody hits a slump. The year Boston won it, Ray Allen had a HUGE slump, but still... even if Harden were shooting a paltry .420 from the floor, those OT losses turn into wins.

I wouldn't blame Lin because frankly, that would be like blaming Mario Chalmbers if the Heat lose.

McHale is not to blame here either. Hardn's FG%, Howard's turnovers, and LMA abusing the Rockets is the biggest concern here.

And big up to Lillard. He is playing at a level no other point guard has been at all season in terms of ball-handling. He's getting nearly 4 assists for each turnover, and shooting crazy awesome from the arc.

The Trailblazers would have had the better record going in had LMA been healthy... they are likely the better team, and the match-ups they win, they are HAMMERING.

Lillard and LMA are the reason the Rockets are losing first and foremost. But Howard and Harden need to take ownership over these loses.

Snakeyestx
04-29-2014, 11:44 PM
Lin ... it's definitely Lin. If you haven't noticed by now, you will now that I point this out. Lin has a bad habit of penetrating and then chickening out, rolling back out, pissing away the entire shot clock, then one of two things happens. He either passes to someone with 1.x seconds left on the shot clock, or he simply turns it over.

Last game - 4th quarter, all 3 of this turnovers were in the 4th after pissing away the entire shot clock. Each turnover led to Portland scores and a complete disappearance of a 10 point lead which took us into overtime. Did you see Lin on the floor in OT? Nope... wonder why? Because K-Mac finally noticed it - too late - himself.

To be honest, it's our first year with this setup - Asik is finally playing along with the Twin-Tower defense and it appears to be finally starting to bear fruit. Maybe - just maybe he'll work harder at it in the offseason and next season. If not, I'd imagine a deal with NY for Lin/Asik + picks for a Melo S+T. If management decides to part ways with K-Mac, there'd be no better time to do so - George Karl is out there, as is Stan Van Gundy, as is Nate McMillan, as is ... well.. take your pick - I'd prefer Karl to be honest.

Jtirado16
04-29-2014, 11:45 PM
The team.

ghettosean
04-29-2014, 11:54 PM
It is LMA's fault. He is beasting!

I realize that LMA is a power forward, but given his DPOY, Howard should be guarding the best offensive post player. I don't care who IS guarding LMA, Howard should be, and Howard should take ownership of that.

After the first or second game, Howard is calling for the ball more. What he should be calling for is the defensive job on LMA.

On the glass and on the score board, you can't ask for much more than what Dwight is giving. But he is also committing almost 4 turnovers a game! With TWO overtime losses, those turnovers likely cost each game.

Likewise, Harden's shooting percentage is disgusting this series. Everybody hits a slump. The year Boston won it, Ray Allen had a HUGE slump, but still... even if Harden were shooting a paltry .420 from the floor, those OT losses turn into wins.

I wouldn't blame Lin because frankly, that would be like blaming Mario Chalmbers if the Heat lose.

McHale is not to blame here either. Hardn's FG%, Howard's turnovers, and LMA abusing the Rockets is the biggest concern here.

And big up to Lillard. He is playing at a level no other point guard has been at all season in terms of ball-handling. He's getting nearly 4 assists for each turnover, and shooting crazy awesome from the arc.

The Trailblazers would have had the better record going in had LMA been healthy... they are likely the better team, and the match-ups they win, they are HAMMERING.

Lillard and LMA are the reason the Rockets are losing first and foremost. But Howard and Harden need to take ownership over these loses.

This is a very enlightened post!!!

Well said sir!

east fb knicks
04-30-2014, 12:01 AM
McHale sux once the rockets get a defensive coach they will be good ntm their bench sux

alexander_37
04-30-2014, 12:05 AM
I think Mcfail's bad offensive schemes really limit what they can do. Harden hasn't played well but he also hasn't played as badly as everyone seems to think.

It's scary to think how much better dwight would be doing if Portland wasn't getting away with murder.

JoeDirt05
04-30-2014, 12:14 AM
No one is to blame the blazers are just the better team we were the better team for the majority of the season until we were struck by injuries

JordansBulls
04-30-2014, 12:14 AM
Aldridge

Htownballa1622
04-30-2014, 02:04 AM
Lin? The only blame you can put on him is that he duped the rockets into thinking he's a good player and paid him all that money.

But he's made key errors this series too. Trust me, it's not just him making an absurd amount lol.

All he had to do was call time out.

numba1CHANGsta
04-30-2014, 02:14 AM
The biggest problem with this team is the PG situation. Lin sucks period. They need a facilitator to create shots for Harden/Parsons/Dwight. The reason why Dwight had success in Orlando is because he had Nelson as the PG, thats what he needs.

JEDean89
04-30-2014, 02:30 AM
All their role players are also extremely young, they are the youngest team in the playoffs. beverly, parsons and jones are all still on their rookie contracts and are their 3 starters. lin is in his 4th year, asik is still young. They need these young guns to develop because right now its Harden and Dwight vs the Blazers.

naps
04-30-2014, 02:33 AM
Harden is the best shooting guard in the league anyone? My ***! He's long way to catch up on the old legs of Wade and Kobe. Always said he was supremely overrated. Kobe and Wade know how to play D and actually know how to score in a variety of ways when taken out of their comfort zone. Harden only knows how to shoot and how to extend his arm hoping to get a foul. And he wasn't even good at these in the series.

BKdoubleStacker
04-30-2014, 02:39 AM
I think Mcfail's bad offensive schemes really limit what they can do. Harden hasn't played well but he also hasn't played as badly as everyone seems to think.

It's scary to think how much better dwight would be doing if Portland wasn't getting away with murder.

No, he has been really bad. His defense has been absolutely awful

rex.reyesiii
04-30-2014, 02:55 AM
Harden. Best SG in the League.

shep33
04-30-2014, 03:03 AM
Harden is shooting horribly from the field and doesn't appear to be stopping. So the obvious answer is Dwight Howard.

:laugh:

Tony_Starks
04-30-2014, 03:56 AM
Lin? Since when is it cool to blame it on the backup? If anything blame Morey for being stupid enough to think he was the pg of the future and cashing him out.

This is on Harden. Has anyone noticed that Portland is making a not so subtle effort to go directly at him? Matthews, Lillard, Batum, Mo, Wright....basically whoever Harden is guarding proceeds to blow by him for a layup. Not to mention his abysmal shooting. So he's basically killing you on both ends.

Can't blame Howard. Other than game 2 when he demanded the offense run through him and completely isolated the team he's been ballin. On both ends.

P&GRealist
04-30-2014, 03:57 AM
Give the Blazers some credit. They've played their hearts out on both ends of the floor.

And tbh, they look more like a team out there than do the Rockets. The Rockets are just isos with Harden, Lin and Parsons, jacking up 3s, and occasional Dwight post-ups. What kinda of shiite play is that?

Tony_Starks
04-30-2014, 04:01 AM
Give the Blazers some credit. They've played their hearts out on both ends of the floor.

And tbh, they look more like a team out there than do the Rockets. The Rockets are just isos with Harden, Lin and Parsons, jacking up 3s, and occasional Dwight post-ups. What kinda of shiite play is that?

That's Moreyball. Straight out of the computer, it's gotta work!

P&GRealist
04-30-2014, 04:02 AM

Analytics yo

Asik's better
04-30-2014, 04:45 AM
So Morey is the coach now? Must of missed that one.

Honestly, as I said all season, second round should be the goal, but it looks like the rockets will fall just short. Is yes it disappointing? Yes. Is it the end of the world? God no. As someone has already said, the rockets are the youngest team in the play-offs. The window on their championship will be open for a long time. And I got no doubt Morey already has a plan for this off-season.

As for blame, Mchale, harden and the bench. Mchale should get most of it. The loss of Kelvin Sampson hurt the rockets and obviously shows how much he ran the defense for the rockets. And as for the offence, it hasn't been great to put it lightly, especially in late game situations.

So yes I'm disappointed. As should every rocket fan be. But as I said, it's not the end of the world. The rockets will strengthen it's roster and come back better next year.

MetroMan
04-30-2014, 05:08 AM
i blame you

arlubas
04-30-2014, 05:23 AM
The Rockets are a dysfunctional team in general tbh. Blaming Lin is laughable, the guy is nothing but a back up PG and a team that expects more out of him is a team that's going to fail. The same goes for Terrence Jones, the guy is not a starting PF for a team wanting to compete in the POs period, at least not at this stage of his career. Harden as has been mentioned already kills the team on both ends.

Dwight has actually been one of the bright spots for Houston, I don't see how someone can blame him for this. McHale is also to blame because he either sees all of these and can't do anything or even worse, doesn't see them at all.

Goose17
04-30-2014, 05:52 AM
I find it funny that Warriors and Rockets fans were arguing with each other all season long like they were actually relevant and now there's a good chance both teams are eliminated in the first round. **** happens I guess.

Anyway, you don't blame this on any one person. You give credit to Portland who are better than anyone on here gave them credit for, and you have to look at Houston as a team, the weak isolation plays (coaching or players decision?) Harden dropping the two C's consistently (choking and chucking), the bench has been erratic and blah blah blah, lot's of other crap.

They're not out yet, let's wait and see first...

PurpleLynch
04-30-2014, 05:55 AM
McHaleeeeeeeeee

archdevil84
04-30-2014, 06:22 AM
oh man, this playoffs is going so well for me. the two teams that i hate the most are probably gone. In fact, Chicago is already done and now the rockets are sucking *** and its because of harden being an idiot and lin being a noob. also mchale sucks as a coach. on the other end one of my favorite players in LA is beasting it out like a boss! perfect!!!! :dance:

Crackadalic
04-30-2014, 06:42 AM
Coaching
Harden
Bench

mightybosstone
04-30-2014, 08:09 AM
First off, this thread is ****ed. Why is there not a thread for OKC, Indiana and San Antonio asking the same questions when they were far more significant favorites in their respective first round series in Houston? It's a 4/5 matchup, which is essentially a coin flip series more often than not, so I fail to see why Houston deserves more ridicule than No. 1 or No. 2 seeds for underperforming in the first round.

The poll is also ****ed. One singular person does not deserve blame. McHale deserves the blame for totally abandoning his offensive strategies late in the fourth quarter of games, his inability to draw up an in bounds play, his inability to make adjustments within games and his inability to keep leads in the fourth quarter. Harden deserves blame for his shitastic play in Games 1 and 2. Lin deserves blame for the number of boneheaded mistakes he made in Game 4 and for his generally atrocious play through most of the series. But there's some blame to go around for everyone, including Dwight, Parsons, Jones and the rest of the players for their inability to hold leads in the fourth quarter. Hell, even Morey deserves a little blame because Houston clearly needed better 3-point shooters off the bench and he has been unable to find decent role players for his playoff rotation except for the surprising Troy Daniels.

Basically the entire team deserves blame, as does the entire team of OKC, Indiana and San Antonio if those teams get bumped in the first round. Houston is unquestionably a more talented team than Portland and despite an insanely close series, an exit in the first round would certainly be seen as a failure. McHale will likely take the bulk of the blame if/when he gets fired, but everyone had a hand in this failure. Not just he and Harden.

mightybosstone
04-30-2014, 08:11 AM
Anyway, you don't blame this on any one person. You give credit to Portland who are better than anyone on here gave them credit for, and you have to look at Houston as a team, the weak isolation plays (coaching or players decision?) Harden dropping the two C's consistently (choking and chucking), the bench has been erratic and blah blah blah, lot's of other crap.

This too. Where is the love for Portland playing extremely well-played basketball? I never thought they were capable of playing at this level before this series started, and they've made a believer (and a hater) out of me. That is a damn good basketball team that deserves all the credit in the world for their success. Hell, if they keep playing like this, they could win the entire Western Conference.

Goose17
04-30-2014, 08:15 AM
I don't say it much but MBT is right, why has nobody made a thread like this for OKC?

I don't see the point on making one for Spurs because that series is still tied, but OKC are down 3-2 to the 7th seed. A 4th seed losing to a 5th seed is far more common than a 2nd seed losing to the 7th. Same with Indiana, although they have sort of had those threads.

Goose17
04-30-2014, 08:17 AM
lol, what are the odds on having a final between the 8th seed and 7th seed? That would be funny as hell.

MonroeFAN
04-30-2014, 08:29 AM
Definitely their fan base.

But in all fairness, not all of them, and all of those other teams mentioned are crapping the bed as well. Just an odd year for basketball (outside of this series, Portland is the better team).

lakerfan85
04-30-2014, 08:34 AM
I don't say it much but MBT is right, why has nobody made a thread like this for OKC?

I don't see the point on making one for Spurs because that series is still tied, but OKC are down 3-2 to the 7th seed. A 4th seed losing to a 5th seed is far more common than a 2nd seed losing to the 7th. Same with Indiana, although they have sort of had those threads.

Because Thunder fans haven't acted like complete douches this season..

lakerfan85
04-30-2014, 08:36 AM
I also find it funny that people are blaming Mchale..

c.c.
04-30-2014, 08:45 AM
I would have to say Harden and Mchale but every game was close with horrible calls. The Rockets and Blazers could of easily been swept by now

archdevil84
04-30-2014, 08:49 AM
First off, this thread is ****ed. Why is there not a thread for OKC, Indiana and San Antonio asking the same questions when they were far more significant favorites in their respective first round series in Houston? It's a 4/5 matchup, which is essentially a coin flip series more often than not, so I fail to see why Houston deserves more ridicule than No. 1 or No. 2 seeds for underperforming in the first round.

The poll is also ****ed. One singular does not deserve blame. McHale deserves the blame for totally abandoning his offensive strategies late in the fourth quarter of games, his inability to draw up an in bounds play, his inability to make adjustments within games and his inability to keep leads in the fourth quarter. Harden deserves blame for his shitastic play in Games 1 and 2. Lin deserves blame for the number of boneheaded mistakes he made in Game 4 and for his generally atrocious play through most of the series. But there's some blame to go around for everyone, including Dwight, Parsons, Jones and the rest of the players for their inability to hold leads in the fourth quarter. Hell, even Morey deserves a little blame because Houston clearly needed better 3-point shooters off the bench and he has been unable to find decent role players for his playoff rotation except for the surprising Troy Daniels.

Basically the entire team deserves blame, as does the entire team of OKC, Indiana and San Antonio if those teams get bumped in the first round. Houston is unquestionably a more talented team than Portland and despite an insanely close series, an exit in the first round would certainly be seen as a failure. McHale will likely take the bulk of the blame if/when he gets fired, but everyone had a hand in this failure. Not just he and Harden.

i agree with you man! its just that i enjoy the rockets getting their ***** kicked so much, but indiana and OKC deserve alot of blame for failing so far in the playoffs aswel.. as for san antiono, i think they wil right the ship and beat dallas. realy the only team which is doing its job in the playoffs so far are the miami heat.

mightybosstone
04-30-2014, 08:50 AM
Because Thunder fans haven't acted like complete douches this season..
First off, if there was an ignorant douche award given out to posters on the general NBA forum, you definitely wouldn't take the gold, but you'd make a strong run at the podium. Also, I only know of a couple of Rockets fans who have gone out of their way to be homers and get a little douchey in here from time to time. To lump us all together is ignorant and unfair.

I also find it funny that people are blaming Mchale..
If you don't think McHale deserves any blame, you clearly haven't been watching the games. It would make sense, as you rarely make a relevant basketball point that anyone gives two ***** about. :shrug:

lakerfan85
04-30-2014, 08:56 AM
First off, if there was an ignorant douche award given out to posters on the general NBA forum, you definitely wouldn't take the gold, but you'd make a strong run at the podium. Also, I only know of a couple of Rockets fans who have gone out of their way to be homers and get a little douchey in here from time to time. To lump us all together is ignorant and unfair.

If you don't think McHale deserves any blame, you clearly haven't been watching the games. It would make sense, as you rarely make a relevant basketball point that anyone gives two ***** about. :shrug:

You obviously are one of those fans.. I've seen you bashing warrior fans this season about their team... I guess you weren't watching game 3 when Mchale made the move to play Daniels and he won them the ****ing game!!

Htownballa1622
04-30-2014, 09:06 AM
Lin? Since when is it cool to blame it on the backup? If anything blame Morey for being stupid enough to think he was the pg of the future and cashing him out.

No one is blaming Lin entirely but all he had to do in game 4 was call a time out and rox are tied 2-2.

Also the game where he went coast to coast to blow the layup was bad too. Not ALL blame goes to Lin but some definitely should.

3RDASYSTEM
04-30-2014, 09:08 AM
The Rockets and their fans had higher expectations than a first round exit, who gets the proverbial finger pointed at them if they don't turn the series around?

The entire team as a whole is to blame, but more so HARDEN because if im paying you 80mill max deal then you better break a rib trying to get the ball with 7 seconds to go and game on the line, not my overseas transport, and I like BEV ability a lot

and to blow a 13pt home lead in 4th and a 10pt road lead you should be on the verge of being eliminated

they could easily be up 3-1 and you would be saying who is the blame for ''blazers failures''

and the rockets are most def. contenders when compared to last yr 8th seed team, the fans are only right to say they would be contenders, no diff. than OKC/CLIPPS/IND/MIA fans who had that feeling pre season

3RDASYSTEM
04-30-2014, 09:13 AM
No one is blaming Lin entirely but all he had to do in game 4 was call a time out and rox are tied 2-2.

Also the game where he went coast to coast to blow the layup was bad too. Not ALL blame goes to Lin but some definitely should.

like I said over and over LIN should just stick to wide open shooting and spot handle because I feel everytime he has the ball he play hot potato with it, regardless of a turnover or not, he kills the halfcourt flow

and he needs to quit dribbling around like he is NASH/IVERSON/TINY, he is not on that level to have the ball in his hands like that, but I guess linsanity fooled a few people

not all the blame but all the crunchtime blame falls on him/HARDEN/coaching staff

because last I checked they could call the time out from sideline right?

3RDASYSTEM
04-30-2014, 09:16 AM
i agree with you man! its just that i enjoy the rockets getting their ***** kicked so much, but indiana and OKC deserve alot of blame for failing so far in the playoffs aswel.. as for san antiono, i think they wil right the ship and beat dallas. realy the only team which is doing its job in the playoffs so far are the miami heat.

you enjoy to watch a team get *** kicked who hasn't won a title since 95'? wow you and the rockets must have deep history together

MonroeFAN
04-30-2014, 09:17 AM
I would have to say Harden and Mchale but every game was close with horrible calls. The Rockets and Blazers could of easily been swept by now

Wishful thinking.

tr3ymill3r
04-30-2014, 09:44 AM
Let's be smart with this and break it down by percentages.

25% - McHale - He should have made the move to start Asik in game 2 not 3. He has the ability just as Lin or anyone else to call timeouts when in crunch time.

20% - Harden - He was a MVP candidate and has disappeared thus far. He still gets 20+ points but he's not nearly as efficient as he was in the regular season. There are still 3 potential games & we all know what Harden is capable of, and he still has an opportunity to change the way we see him in this series.

15% - Lin - Jump passes, poor defense on close outs or just losing his man much like Harden, and simply not following clear instructions regarding the timeout situation.

10% - Morey - I love Morey. He prefers layups or dunks along with 3 pointers, yet I have seen the Rockets take more mid range jump shots in this series than all 82 regular season games combined. I feel as if we might be built for the regular season, but when it slows down to a grind we might not have the players to get over that hump. He will always have a lot of flexibility and will be active this summer whether they get out of the 1st round or not.

10% - Parsons - He has been a roller coaster all series long and has yet to put together one full good game. He will have stretches where he plays well for 1 quarter or for a half and then disappear in the 2nd half. Does anyone remember when Kobe gave him some love for the defense he played, where did that guy go?

20% - Bench Play - Basically non existent.

Htownballa1622
04-30-2014, 10:10 AM
like I said over and over LIN should just stick to wide open shooting and spot handle because I feel everytime he has the ball he play hot potato with it, regardless of a turnover or not, he kills the halfcourt flow

and he needs to quit dribbling around like he is NASH/IVERSON/TINY, he is not on that level to have the ball in his hands like that, but I guess linsanity fooled a few people

not all the blame but all the crunchtime blame falls on him/HARDEN/coaching staff

because last I checked they could call the time out from sideline right?

Well said.
I agree though. There are about 12 other guys and coaches that should have been screaming t.o.

that's why I put majority blame on coach. Followed by James then Jeremy.

ewing
04-30-2014, 10:24 AM
The Portland Trailblazers

Tony_Starks
04-30-2014, 10:26 AM
Rockets are also going to have to figure out the Harden/ Parsons dynamic. Parsons is never going to reach his full potential with Harden playing iso ball. It's no coincidence he had his best game of the series when Harden got in early foul trouble.

Between Harden and Dwight going one on one Parsons is basically relegated to spot up 3's which is a waste. I'd strongly consider either bringing him off the bench to lead that unit or trading defensive liability Harden.

todu82
04-30-2014, 11:23 AM
Mchale.

RaiderLakersA's
04-30-2014, 11:29 AM
I am totally holding Portland responsible if Houston gets bounced in the first round. Sorry, that's just the way I see it. The better TEAM is going to win this series.

D-Leethal
04-30-2014, 11:31 AM
Whoever was guarding Lamarcus Aldridge in games 1 and 2.

D-Leethal
04-30-2014, 11:33 AM
Houston is way too young without any leaders. They are gonna compete eventually, but they need to flip some young talent for savvy vets and get some D and toughness on that roster. I have no idea why they would want a guy like Melo, he and Harden would be a pretty terrible dynamic on both ends.

Goose17
04-30-2014, 11:51 AM
Houston is way too young without any leaders. They are gonna compete eventually, but they need to flip some young talent for savvy vets and get some D and toughness on that roster. I have no idea why they would want a guy like Melo, he and Harden would be a pretty terrible dynamic on both ends.

I think Monroe would work better than Melo.

As for the veteran presence, they should chase Deng imo, very solid two way player, complete professional, humble, gives 100% and has playoff experience.

It would also help with their perimeter defense, let Harden cover the weakest offensive wing/guard on the opponents team, have Beverley on the opponents PG and Deng on their best wing player.

Bring Parsons off the bench for that impact offensively when others are sitting. Maybe make an offer to Steve Blake as well.

I have no idea what sort of money they have this year though.

ewing
04-30-2014, 11:52 AM
these threads are so ridiculous. the last game was one of the better played games i have seen all year- by both teams. if you read the game threads or any of these threads you'd think the team that lost in OT was/has been terrible.

D-Leethal
04-30-2014, 12:00 PM
I think Monroe would work better than Melo.

As for the veteran presence, they should chase Deng imo, very solid two way player, complete professional, humble, gives 100% and has playoff experience.

It would also help with their perimeter defense, let Harden cover the weakest offensive wing/guard on the opponents team, have Beverley on the opponents PG and Deng on their best wing player.

Bring Parsons off the bench for that impact offensively when others are sitting. Maybe make an offer to Steve Blake as well.

I have no idea what sort of money they have this year though.

A guy like Deng would be great. Even Portland seems to have guys like Mo Williams, Aldridge, Matthews who galvanize the troops and provide leadership. Lillard looks like a natural born leader too. I don't really see those qualities in anyone on the Rockets and that **** matters in tight playoff games.

farren.louis
04-30-2014, 12:15 PM
The series isn't over , they need to win game 5.

farren.louis
04-30-2014, 12:16 PM
@Goose17
Steve Blake! Helllll NO!

Fins4Life
04-30-2014, 12:32 PM
My blazers are the reason. Nothing more, nothing less.

SteBO
04-30-2014, 02:46 PM
Sometimes you gotta give the other team credit...Harden may not be playing at his best (for the third straight postseason excluding the first 3 rounds of the 2012 playoffs mind you), but Dwight Howard's been great and they've gotten contributions from other guys. Fact is, LMA is on some kind of tear and Damian Lillard hasn't looked like an inexperienced postseason performer.

People are so quick to place blame on people.

mightybosstone
04-30-2014, 08:30 PM
You obviously are one of those fans.. I've seen you bashing warrior fans this season about their team...
********... Ask any respectable Warriors fan if I've unfairly "bashed" them or their team. I've stayed about as unbiased as a Rockets fan could possibly be. Have I criticized the Warriors' fan base when I've felt they've been unrealistic about their teams' expectations? Sure. But I would do the same for anyone's team, including my own if I felt they were being unrealistic.

I guess you weren't watching game 3 when Mchale made the move to play Daniels and he won them the ****ing game!!
I guess you missed the entire rest of the ****ing series when McHale's offense failed miserably and the Rockets gave up fourth quarter leads in all four ****ing games because he allowed Harden to play isolation ball and everything was completely stagnant. You don't know what the **** you're talking about.

DODGERS&LAKERS
04-30-2014, 09:09 PM

The poll is also ****ed. One singular person does not deserve blame. McHale deserves the blame for totally abandoning his offensive strategies late in the fourth quarter of games, his inability to draw up an in bounds play, his inability to make adjustments within games and his inability to keep leads in the fourth quarter. Harden deserves blame for his shitastic play in Games 1 and 2. Lin deserves blame for the number of boneheaded mistakes he made in Game 4 and for his generally atrocious play through most of the series. But there's some blame to go around for everyone, including Dwight, Parsons, Jones and the rest of the players for their inability to hold leads in the fourth quarter. Hell, even Morey deserves a little blame because Houston clearly needed better 3-point shooters off the bench and he has been unable to find decent role players for his playoff rotation except for the surprising Troy Daniels.

I agree with most of this except wanting to make a thread for the other teams losing. This thread shouldn't be made either. The west is so deep that none of the lower seeded teams are an easy out. there is really no shame in losing to any of the lowest seeded team. The only problem is that people will see that these teams exited in the first round without any context. The Hawks are not better than any Team in the west but they might get past the first round. The competition you face is every thing.

Hawkeye15
04-30-2014, 09:24 PM

yep, totally agree with that.

zn23
04-30-2014, 09:28 PM
Harden has had a horrible series. If you're going to blame a player, then it has to be Harden.

flea
04-30-2014, 09:33 PM

This is on Harden. Has anyone noticed that Portland is making a not so subtle effort to go directly at him? Matthews, Lillard, Batum, Mo, Wright....basically whoever Harden is guarding proceeds to blow by him for a layup. Not to mention his abysmal shooting. So he's basically killing you on both ends.

Can't blame Howard. Other than game 2 when he demanded the offense run through him and completely isolated the team he's been ballin. On both ends.

When you've got a turnstile and it's the playoffs, why not go right at him all the time? Aldridge being hot early has probably masked some of his deficiencies because none of the wings are going off for 40.

lol, please
05-03-2014, 04:41 AM
Harden has had a horrible series. If you're going to blame a player, then it has to be Harden.

Agreed.

Teeboy1487
05-03-2014, 04:56 AM
I admit I was happy to see Dwight lose, but not the Rockets. I would have loved if he had been a game 7. I know everyone is saying Houston should go after Melo, but I think they need a point guard. They have to trade Asik and cut Lin. If I were them, I would be going after Lowry in free agency for another stint or begging Boston for Rondo. Perhaps Melo is the best option for them. Would make the West even tougher.

blahblahyoutoo
05-03-2014, 08:49 AM
But but but the rockets have the best SG and C in the league. No way they should be out of the playoffs in 1st round!!!

waveycrockett
05-03-2014, 08:57 AM
Dwight just doesn't look like the same Dwight anymore. He can't defend the entire paint like he used to. Aldridge just went HAM on him and the Rockets that entire series. I think the Rockets need to focus on getting Harden to be a better defender that perimeter defense is just trash for them. You can't afford to have him and Lin on the court at the same time defensively against a good offensive team.

ohreally
05-03-2014, 04:28 PM
Dwight just doesn't look like the same Dwight anymore. He can't defend the entire paint like he used to. Aldridge just went HAM on him and the Rockets that entire series. I think the Rockets need to focus on getting Harden to be a better defender that perimeter defense is just trash for them. You can't afford to have him and Lin on the court at the same time defensively against a good offensive team.

Which means you can't afford to have him and Melo on the court at the same time.

Vinylman
05-03-2014, 04:39 PM
No one is to blame... Portland was the better team...

Houston isn't ready for prime time at this point...

broncosfan4eva
05-03-2014, 05:08 PM
If I'm Houston instead of going after Carmelo I would go after bosh would pair nice with Howard IMO

Saddletramp
05-03-2014, 07:01 PM
If I'm Houston instead of going after Carmelo I would go after bosh would pair nice with Howard IMO

Not that Bosh is the answer, but I've thought Lin and Asik for Bosh has been an ideal trade for both sides for a year now. If Houston gets a decent backup C and another talented PG (I miss Aaron Brooks already) then they'd be good to go.

lol, please
01-22-2015, 05:13 PM
McHaleeeeeeeeee

I think McHale shares part of the blame, but if I had to point the finger at one person I think at this point it's Howard.

Goose17
01-22-2015, 05:21 PM
:sigh::horse: