PDA

View Full Version : Donald Sterling Recorded Being Racist - Part II

Rush
04-29-2014, 03:27 AM
Old thread: http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/showthread.php?862929-Donald-Sterling-Recorded-Being-Racist

Original Post:

This is unbelievable. Everyone knows that sterling is racist, but it is still really shocking to hear.

http://www.tmz.com/2014/04/26/donald-sterling-clippers-owner-black-people-racist-audio-magic-johnson/

PraiseJesus
04-29-2014, 04:16 AM
That ***** set him up

The more I think about this the more I feel kinda bad for Sterling. If you listen to the tape the ***** is leading him on and setting him up.

I think he was more jealous about the ***** hanging around with better looking guys than him.

Am I saying Donald Sterling loves Black People? No

But I am saying that it's a free country and he is entitled to his opinion no matter how ignorant it is. The bottomline is that he didnt hurt anyone with his opinions and why does everyone care so much what he thinks anyways?

There are millions of ignorant people in the country - both black and white- why does this guy get crucified? Just because he owns a basketball team?

This whole thing has escalated to ridiculous proportions in the media and it was all caused by a vindictive and deceitful female that set him up.

Don't act like YOU - YOU READING THESE WORDS - haven't said things in private conversations that would ruin you if they were broadcast publically. Thats why they are private conversations!

I don't like Donald Steriling, never did, but I have compassion for the old man who get set up by a young ***** and is being cast with a reputation worse than a murderer.

He was, after all, dating a half black *****

tredigs
04-29-2014, 04:39 AM
Kareem and Cuban summed it up as succinctly as I feel on the matter.

Essentially, the GF is a wench who should be sent to prison for illegally taping a private conversation, Sterling is a bigot and terrible owner who shouldn't have an NBA franchise (but, nothing new there), and the NBA should be very careful about setting a precedent for forcefully taking action against his ownership of the franchise due to comments illegally taped in private.

I don't want to live in a society where that is a precedent that is being set, regardless of how pathetic of a human myself and many others find Sterling to be. I do, though, want him to be shamed out of the position and concede that selling immediately (before all his marquee sponsors + players leave and he loses hundreds of millions in resale value, including ticket + merch sales moving forward) is the best course of action he can take at this point.

Asik's better
04-29-2014, 04:47 AM
That ***** set him up

The more I think about this the more I feel kinda bad for Sterling. If you listen to the tape the ***** is leading him on and setting him up.

I think he was more jealous about the ***** hanging around with better looking guys than him.

But I am saying that it's a free country and he is entitled to his opinion no matter how ignorant it is. The bottomline is that he didnt hurt anyone with his opinions and why does everyone care so much what he thinks anyways?

There are millions of ignorant people in the country - both black and white- why does this guy get crucified? Just because he owns a basketball team?

This whole thing has escalated to ridiculous proportions in the media and it was all caused by a vindictive and deceitful female that set him up.

Don't act like YOU - YOU READING THESE WORDS - haven't said things in private conversations that would ruin you if they were broadcast publically. Thats why they are private conversations!

I don't like Donald Steriling, never did, but I have compassion for the old man who get set up by a young ***** and is being cast with a reputation worse than a murderer.

I be inclined to agree with you if this was his first offence. But it's not. It's just another one on a long list of him being racist. He has had more than enough passes. His time is up.

Method28
04-29-2014, 05:10 AM
Btw idk if you guys have heard. This girl has over 100 hours of audio of Sterling. Apparently she had his consent as he likes to record his thoughts. Smh. She claims she has audio of him giving his consent as well.

tredigs
04-29-2014, 05:18 AM
Btw idk if you guys have heard. This girl has over 100 hours of audio of Sterling. Apparently she had his consent as he likes to record his thoughts. Smh. She claims she has audio of him giving his consent as well.

I think it was his wife, not this GF that allegedly had the massive amounts of audio (he was separated but not yet divorced, I think)?

But yeah, if she has similar veined audio (which if she actually has that much, I'm sure she does) and it has his recorded consent, that would be awesome. It will make this process much easier.

Method28
04-29-2014, 05:23 AM

I think it was his wife, not this GF that allegedly had the massive amounts of audio (he was separated but not yet divorced, I think)?

But yeah, if she has similar veined audio (which if she actually has that much, I'm sure she does) and it has his recorded consent, that would be awesome. It will make this process much easier.

Heard it on espn radio on the way home around 9pm. They had the guy from tmz on there and he said it was the gf that has the audio tapes.

They said Sterlings team has reached out to Stiviano to attempt to recover the rest of the audio. Apparently they had the footage for 8 days prior to releasing it as they notified Sterling and the Clippers to give them an opportunity to release a statement or denial. They said Sterling was panicking lol

USMCLaker
04-29-2014, 05:38 AM
Heard it on espn radio on the way home around 9pm. They had the guy from tmz on there and he said it was the gf that has the audio tapes.

They said Sterlings team has reached out to Stiviano to attempt to recover the rest of the audio. Apparently they had the footage for 8 days prior to releasing it as they notified Sterling and the Clippers to give them an opportunity to release a statement or denial. They said Sterling was panicking lol

Wow that is funny. What an idiot.

USMCLaker
04-29-2014, 05:40 AM

Did they say what ultimately happened to the tapes?

Method28
04-29-2014, 05:43 AM

Did they say what ultimately happened to the tapes?

Yes. She has them but his guess was that those tapes will never see the air as Sterling will pay her a pretty penny. They've already established contact with her camp.

USMCLaker
04-29-2014, 05:47 AM
Yes. She has them but his guess was that those tapes will never see the air as Sterling will pay her a pretty penny. They've already established contact with her camp.

Damn, that sucks. Why have your self taped to begin with? I guess he is already feeling the heat and doesn't have the balls to stand by his decrepit convictions.

Munkeysuit
04-29-2014, 05:54 AM
If I were playing on that team, I would not care to play one more game for him as long as he's the owner...I'd just up and leave and make him realize that there is absolutely NO compromise in the matter. He has to lose and he has to lose everything immediately.

slashsnake
04-29-2014, 05:57 AM

Interesting points... The issue still is that he didn't say I don't want you around better looking guys.. He actually doesn't seem to care that she might be screwing other guys, when he said you can *%&$ them. What stood out was he said not with african americans in public where my friends will see.

And she did probably set him up, but he walked right into it. Sure you can set up a guy for a DUI by giving him a lot of beer, but he still has to be the one to drink it all and make the choice to drive.

It is a free country. But him and his sport is about merchandising. About selling their image. This is no different than an actor using homosexual epithets and getting fired, a spokesman for a rentacar place being charged but never found guilty of murder, a golf player cheating on and having a fight with his wife, etc.

Sure, they were meant to be private. But when you live a life in the NBA you have to know that anything you say can bring negative press on your team and you will be held responsible for it.

Method28
04-29-2014, 06:03 AM

Damn, that sucks. Why have your self taped to begin with? I guess he is already feeling the heat and doesn't have the balls to stand by his decrepit convictions.

Supposedly he likes to record his thoughts so he remembers his conversations.

I bet this is one convo he never wants to hear again lol

USMCLaker
04-29-2014, 06:08 AM

She should sell the tapes to Sterlings wife just to keep it interesting. Let this be a lesson to the fellas your woman can end up being your worst enemy.

PraiseJesus
04-29-2014, 06:10 AM

Same difference to me. She lead him on and created that incriminating audio tape to use as payback when the time is right.

What a gutter *****

IKnowHoops
04-29-2014, 06:23 AM
That ***** set him up

Being the God fearing man that you are, you know this is what happens to you when you are not yet divorced, so essentially cheating on your wife with a girl 1/3 your age, that you know only is with you for your money, and you have hate in your heart.

Lets see

Thow shall not commit adultery
Thow shall love thy neighbor as thy brother

Crap seems to hit the fan when you disobey the will of God, as you well know.

tredigs
04-29-2014, 06:25 AM
Makes a significant difference to me if she had his expressed permission. He was a former lawyer and the billionaire owner of a globally recognized team. He got played, but if she did it legally then that changes my opinion on her from "should go to prison" to "gold digger who you shouldn't trust". Either way, it would be awesome if he was audacious enough to actually allow himself to be recorded. And it would be great news for Clippers fans in getting this process over with sooner than later. The team is gone from him either way I am sure, but this would expedite the process and might save the roster from splitting.

PraiseJesus
04-29-2014, 06:44 AM
Being the God fearing man that you are, you know this is what happens to you when you are not yet divorced, so essentially cheating on your wife with a girl 1/3 your age, that you know only is with you for your money, and you have hate in your heart.

Lets see

Thow shall not commit adultery
Thow shall love thy neighbor as thy brother

Crap seems to hit the fan when you disobey the will of God, as you well know.

When his wife knows about it and is ok with it, its a different ball game pal

flea
04-29-2014, 06:45 AM
Larry Johnson wants an all-black league. (http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2014/04/28/in-wake-of-sterling-fiasco-ex-knicks-great-larry-johnson-appears-to-call-for-all-black-league/) Yeah the last time we tried segregation it worked out pretty well. This dumb issue, like virtually every issue of race the media beats us over the head with, does nothing but divide and anger our country. That's the real legacy of slavery, that this "two Americas" deal perpetuates.

sens#11fan
04-29-2014, 06:51 AM
Not sure if this was mentioned, but on espn first take they talked about how the girl sterling was with was both mexican and black. However, stephen A. said that sterling only knew about the mexican part and not the black part.

flea
04-29-2014, 06:52 AM
Stephen A. would say something like that, whether he knew it to be true or not, because he is a shameless race-baitor.

BigCityofDreams
04-29-2014, 08:16 AM
Site Wolf:
where each guy is coming from?
Did Jackson suggest Warrior fans stay home? No, he waited and suggested Clippers fans stay home.
And staying home would do absolutely nothing given tickets have already been paid for.

So yes, IMO I know where Jackson is coming from and it's not the noble point he's pretending it is.

And Larry Johnson.....'we should start an all-black league'........right, because going back to 60s segregation thinking will certainly greatly enhance race relations.

So yes, IMO I know where Johnson is coming from and it's not the noble point he thinks it is.

Actually he did "As an African-American man that's a fan of the game of basketball and knows its history and knows what's right and what's wrong, I would not come to the game tomorrow, whether I was a Clipper fan or a Warrior fan," he said.

In regards to Larry Johnson he is of the belief that black people should "do for self" Where he's coming from is not stay away from white ppl because they are bad(not saying you're implying that) it's more so start a business, start a league, own things instead of just playing the game.

flea
04-29-2014, 08:23 AM
If he's going to espouse a Booker T. Washington theory of racial advancement he should probably be clearer than to just advocate for a segregated league.

Stunner
04-29-2014, 09:00 AM
That ***** set him up

Lol

Stunner
04-29-2014, 09:05 AM
Stephen A. would say something like that, whether he knew it to be true or not, because he is a shameless race-baitor.

Sterling also said why does she have to act like her black half in public why not Latina. Obviously he didn't want anybody to know .

bgdreton
04-29-2014, 09:09 AM
Lol

I second that....

torocan
04-29-2014, 09:25 AM
That ***** set him up

It doesn't matter if he was being set up as far as the NBA or the players or the fans are concerned. This is a man who has a reputation for screwing people over. He's been sued multiple time for breaches of contract and discrimination by former employees and the government.

He's been screwing people over for years despite having legally binding agreement, and this time he got screwed over. You can't complain about being screwed over when you yourself have no reservations about screwing other people over.

Apparently you missed the part in the 2nd tape from Deadspin where he says "black jews" are "100 percent" worth less than "white jews". That was unrelated to his desire to not bring black people to the games. This is a man who clearly thinks of minorities as inferior and not just a question of jealousy.

Yes, he is entitled to his opinions. However, by definition once those comments become public then his opinions are hurting people. They by definition create a hostile work environment for the minorities working for the Clippers. They by definition hurt the team's bottom line as sponsors pull out. They are hurting the other owners of teams in the NBA and employees of the NBA through mental and emotional distress, negative impact to the NBA brand, and the loss of income for the NBA.

He is being crucified because of the hypocrisy of earning his earning hundreds of millions of dollars in a business that is heavily populated by minorities, where the "stars" are mainly minorities, and a large part of the customer base are minorities. He is being crucified because he smiled and shook the hands of minority players and employees, made them believe that he was their friend, while denying in every law suit where he was being sued for racial discrimination that he was actually a bigot.

Had he chosen to be in an industry that was not so visibly populated by and dependent upon minorities instead of one where he was forced to deal with those minorities on a regular basis, had he not smiled and nodded in a two-faced display of "friendship" and concern and simply been honest about his viewpoints, there would be less outrage.

It is a combination of those opinions, the hypocrisy of his chosen line of business and the repeated lies he told the multitude of players and employees across the NBA that outrages people.

The uproar is not being caused by her betrayal of his trust. It is being caused by the nature of his comments. Yes, perhaps it was intended to be private. However, if you participate in behavior that will be condemned by a large portion of society (racist view points) then that is part of the potential price of having those view points.

If you are a politician that goes to orgies and it was intended to be kept private between you and your wife, do not be shocked if that becomes public when the relationship decays and it destroys your career. If you tell a friend that secretly are a satanist and the friendship decays, do not be surprised if it becomes public and do not be surprised if it destroys your ability to participate in your local church.

A private conversation is only a private conversation as long as both parties agree to keep it private. If one of the parties decides that they no longer want to keep it private, then it is no longer a "private" conversation. This is not an "invasion" of privacy. There was no 3rd party listening to a conversation that was not intended for them. This is a conversation between two willing parties.

Now, is this a betrayal of trust between the two parties? Yes. However, betrayals of trust happen all the time in personal relationships. He chased a woman in her 20's and he has a history of using his wealth to attract young women, and as such was most likely fully aware of the nature of their relationship, yet he still told her things that were potentially damaging to him.

In legal terms, by legal definition there is no such thing as a private conversation if you consent to being recorded and do not force the 2nd party to sign a non-disclosure agreement. According to the woman's lawyer, they have recorded consent to the recordings.

Once again, was his personal trust betrayed? Yes. However, if you say something that you know will be viewed poorly and consent to it being recorded, then do not be shocked if it becomes public knowledge should that relationship end.

And if I said something that would cost me my job in a private conversation, I would never allow it to be recorded without having a non-disclosure agreement in hand. If I was dumb enough to allow my conversations to be recorded without a non-disclosure agreement, then I deserve everything I get.

That is 100% on him.

ewing
04-29-2014, 09:30 AM
Anyone else let their GF **** black guys but not post pictures of them on instagram?

Bullseyed
04-29-2014, 09:37 AM
Kind of amusing that the mentally small are saying things like "the NBA doesn't want to associate with people like that" without understanding that there is no difference between that and the position they're claiming on this guy Sterling.

Heatcheck
04-29-2014, 09:39 AM
Actually he did "As an African-American man that's a fan of the game of basketball and knows its history and knows what's right and what's wrong, I would not come to the game tomorrow, whether I was a Clipper fan or a Warrior fan," he said.

In regards to Larry Johnson he is of the belief that black people should "do for self" Where he's coming from is not stay away from white ppl because they are bad(not saying you're implying that) it's more so start a business, start a league, own things instead of just playing the game.

Im with Bohmani Jones on this one. All these people are clowns and media drama queens. they've known this guy is a shameless racist for years, since the early 2000s when his racism was actually affecting peoples lives, with his unfair housing practices. which by the way have a way more significant affect on the lives of people in the community than simply "I don't want Black people here because they smell bad and attract vermin" or "All Mexicans want to do is sit around all day and drink beer". And nobody said sh.it. now all of a sudden, he says he doesn't want his side action to be seen with blacks and the world is OUTRAGED. making a big mess about it and disgusted. Fu.ck everylast one of the, from Sterling to Magic to Jordan and especially the media. Bunch of attention whores.

BigCityofDreams
04-29-2014, 09:54 AM
Im with Bohmani Jones on this one. All these people are clowns and media drama queens. they've known this guy is a shameless racist for years, since the early 2000s when his racism was actually affecting peoples lives, with his unfair housing practices. which by the way have a way more significant affect on the lives of people in the community than simply "I don't want Black people here because they smell bad and attract vermin" or "All Mexicans want to do is sit around all day and drink beer". And nobody said sh.it. now all of a sudden, he says he doesn't want his side action to be seen with blacks and the world is OUTRAGED. making a big mess about it and disgusted. Fu.ck everylast one of the, from Sterling to Magic to Jordan and especially the media. Bunch of attention whores.

True the warning signs were there.

As I said in the previous thread when the warning signs are there you have to act or the situation will fester.

torocan
04-29-2014, 10:27 AM
Two NBA lawyers left the law firm representing V. Stiviano Monday ... and sources familiar with the situation tell TMZ Sports ... the lawyers are now convinced -- the racist audio of Donald Sterling is REAL.

NBA lawyer David Anders and another NBA lawyer went to the law office of Mac Nehoray Monday afternoon. Stiviano was also there for the purpose of authenticating the audio.

We're told there was NO doubt by anyone the recording is the real deal. The NBA lawyers heard the 15 minutes that have been made public, but not the remaining 45. And we're told ... based on conversations along with analysis ... they're satisfied about authenticity.

TMZ Sports has also learned ... people who have heard the entire recording say there is "NO DOUBT" Donald Sterling KNEW he was being recorded.

Anders will report back to NBA Commissioner Adam Silver.

http://www.tmz.com/2014/04/29/donald-sterling-recording-real-racist-authenticated-nba-lawyer/

Stunner
04-29-2014, 10:30 AM
http://www.tmz.com/2014/04/29/donald-sterling-recording-real-racist-authenticated-nba-lawyer/

Uh oh

lincecum=future
04-29-2014, 10:35 AM
He knew he was being recorded? He does seem to choose his words carefully in the audio but what an idiot if that's true.

limebalz05
04-29-2014, 10:45 AM
Chris Paul knew Donald Sterling history and he still signed with Clippers as a FREE AGENT!

Paul agent is Jeff Schwartz who is also Jewish like Sterling.

Good stuff!!!!

How does a African American free agent or coach sign with the Clippers knowing of his past for the last 30 years??????

Stunner
04-29-2014, 10:54 AM
Chris Paul knew Donald Sterling history and he still signed with Clippers as a FREE AGENT!

Paul agent is Jeff Schwartz who is also Jewish like Sterling.

Good stuff!!!!

How does a African American free agent or coach sign with the Clippers knowing of his past for the last 30 years??????

He knew ? There were reports nothing concrete at all to show that he was a racist like it was shown now . First Take today put it perfectly , you going to reject a lot of money in a career that can end at anyone my based of he say she say ? No you will not . I don't believe CP3 knew any of it because I don't think that's the kind of person he is . People say they're reports and info out there but there is a lot of info out there in the world we do not know about publicly . Baron Davis didn't do anything to help his fellow Clipper men but say what him and sterling had beef . Just because you have beef with a person does that mean I have a problem with them ? SAS said it perfectly " you're with somebody and you think they're cheating is that enough to break out with them without in your face evidence ? "

BALLER R
04-29-2014, 11:07 AM
This guy didn't want JJ Redick because he didn't want to pay 7 Million for a white player. Isn't that a slave master mentality.

torocan
04-29-2014, 11:13 AM
This guy didn't want JJ Redick because he didn't want to pay 7 Million for a white player. Isn't that a slave master mentality.

That would be more of an example of racial stereotyping. More along the lines of "white guys cant' jump".

Racism can be against both races simultaneously if your thought processes are dominated by stereotypes. For example, believing that all Blacks are inferior but also superior basketball players. Not any different than thinking Asians are good at math but poor drivers.

And it wouldn't conflict with a "slave owner's" mentality, ie that Whites aren't as suitable for work in the fields.

Tony_Starks
04-29-2014, 12:02 PM
Anyone else let their GF **** black guys but not post pictures of them on instagram?

Lol!!! Hey that was a new one for me man, that's like a different level of racism. Screw away but hey pics or public fraternizing, that's just unacceptable!

He also made her delete all her black friends from Instagram because he didn't want his friends to see. I'm like damn dude who are your friends Klansmen?

limebalz05
04-29-2014, 12:15 PM
He knew ? There were reports nothing concrete at all to show that he was a racist like it was shown now . First Take today put it perfectly , you going to reject a lot of money in a career that can end at anyone my based of he say she say ? No you will not . I don't believe CP3 knew any of it because I don't think that's the kind of person he is . People say they're reports and info out there but there is a lot of info out there in the world we do not know about publicly . Baron Davis didn't do anything to help his fellow Clipper men but say what him and sterling had beef . Just because you have beef with a person does that mean I have a problem with them ? SAS said it perfectly " you're with somebody and you think they're cheating is that enough to break out with them without in your face evidence ? "

Everybody has a price. Chris Paul absolutely knew Steling was a racist bigot from the past 30 years. How do you sign a 100 million dollar contract and not do any research? Now could Paul Jewish agent influence him that Sterling was not a racist bigot? It's possible. If Chris Paul did not do research (research that any idiot with a computer could achieve and discover), then he's a fool. Chris Paul and any other free agent who has signed with the Clippers are just as wrong as Sterling! They have shown the public that racism is acceptable as long as they are making a buck on it! NAACP has also shown their true colors. An agency who disects individuals history like no other was about to give Sterling a 2nd award!!!!!!!!!!

Even the NAACP could care less if someone was a racist. As long as they donate millions to them, they'll ture the blind eye!!!!!!!

limebalz05
04-29-2014, 12:24 PM
Lol!!! Hey that was a new one for me man, that's like a different level of racism. Screw away but hey pics or public fraternizing, that's just unacceptable!

He also made her delete all her black friends from Instagram because he didn't want his friends to see. I'm like damn dude who are your friends Klansmen?

Jewish community. Read up on the Jewish community and you'll understand. This isn't the fake Jews like Adam Sandler, Jeremy Piven etc

They typically don't allow anyone in their circle who isn't Jewish.

*Superman*
04-29-2014, 12:32 PM

Good, now we can debunk the whole "OMGZZ, it's his privacy being violated".

At least we all truly know how much of an arrogant ***-hole he is now.

BigDFan85
04-29-2014, 12:47 PM
Kareem and Cuban summed it up as succinctly as I feel on the matter.

Essentially, the GF is a wench who should be sent to prison for illegally taping a private conversation, Sterling is a bigot and terrible owner who shouldn't have an NBA franchise (but, nothing new there), and the NBA should be very careful about setting a precedent for forcefully taking action against his ownership of the franchise due to comments illegally taped in private.

I don't want to live in a society where that is a precedent that is being set, regardless of how pathetic of a human myself and many others find Sterling to be. I do, though, want him to be shamed out of the position and concede that selling immediately (before all his marquee sponsors + players leave and he loses hundreds of millions in resale value, including ticket + merch sales moving forward) is the best course of action he can take at this point.

So you don't want the NBA to set a precedent of removing Sterling forcefully and taking action against the Clippers, but you are completely ok with the public doing the exact same thing? Regardless of whether or not you agree with his position, I'm not implying you do or anything of that nature, it's his opinion. Who the hell cares what he thinks? They players were ok playing for him, despite him being know for stuff like this. Doc Rivers knew about his past, yet he still wanted to coach his team. I'm sure all the players were so offended they didn't even deposit their game checks...lol

People are still entitled to their own opinions, no matter how stupid someone else thinks they are. People voicing their opinions and the public crucifying them because they don't agree with what they are saying. Now, that is a scary precedent that is already being set. Please note that I am only referring to people voicing their opinions, it's when they act on their idiotic beliefs is when any type of force should be used.

kdspurman
04-29-2014, 01:47 PM
TMZ is reporting they won't force Sterling to sell, but he's suspended indefinitely. Woj is saying there will be "severe" sanctions according to his sources.

MelanconMadness
04-29-2014, 01:48 PM
Wasn't there a thread on here at the beginning of the season calling the TWolves a racist organization because a majority of their roster had light skin? I love how the term "racist" is thrown around so often now a days. Someone of a different race doesn't like me, so he/she is racist. Just hearing that people are putting this on a level equal to genocides just proves how awful this society is right now. Do people realize that these are WORDS? But because were all so sheltered, words do just as much damage as actions. Is coach K a racist because a majority of his rosters are predominantly white? Is Larry Johnson racist for wanting an all black league in the NBA? Is the NHL racist because it's dominated by the white race?

BigCityofDreams
04-29-2014, 01:51 PM
Wasn't there a thread on here at the beginning of the season calling the TWolves a racist organization because a majority of their roster had light skin? I love how the term "racist" is thrown around so often now a days. Someone of a different race doesn't like me, so he/she is racist. Just hearing that people are putting this on a level equal to genocides just proves how awful this society is right now. Do people realize that these are WORDS? But because were all so sheltered, words do just as much damage as actions. Is coach K a racist because a majority of his rosters are predominantly white? Is Larry Johnson racist for wanting an all black league in the NBA? Is the NHL racist because it's dominated by the white race?

It's not just words but the mindset behind it. Plus this isn't Sterling's first run in when it comes to comments like this or the way he treated and view tenants.

grandsalami
04-29-2014, 01:59 PM
Get ready

MelanconMadness
04-29-2014, 01:59 PM
Yes, they literally are just words in this case. Sticks and stones. Latrell spreewell choked a white coach. But let's ignore that as a form of racism because it wasn't words.

Can't Stop Me
04-29-2014, 02:03 PM
Is Adam Silver's press conference streamed somewhere?

MelanconMadness
04-29-2014, 02:05 PM
Brian scalabrine went out and wrecked street ballers. Why? Because his basketball skills were questioned. Was it just because he was an average basketball player? Nope.

BigCityofDreams
04-29-2014, 02:05 PM
Yes, they literally are just words in this case. Sticks and stones. Latrell spreewell choked a white coach. But let's ignore that as a form of racism because it wasn't words.

Spreewell was destroyed for it and rightfully so.

P&GRealist
04-29-2014, 02:10 PM
Is Adam Silver's press conference streamed somewhere?
It'll be on espn in about 5 minutes

COOLbeans
04-29-2014, 02:15 PM

You're reaching

MelanconMadness
04-29-2014, 02:15 PM
Spreewell was destroyed for it and rightfully so.

Exactly my point. Let's not sit here and pretend racism is one sided. Donald sterling is a piece of **** racist, there's no defending him, there should be no one feeling sorry for what will happen to him.

Auseranami
04-29-2014, 02:16 PM
"Sticks and stones may break your bones, but words can never hurt you." What ever happened to that saying?

MelanconMadness
04-29-2014, 02:20 PM
You're reaching

Yeah? How so. It happened. There's many forms of racist actions, not just words

MelanconMadness
04-29-2014, 02:21 PM
"Sticks and stones may break your bones, but words can never hurt you." What ever happened to that saying?

Because this society is sheltered

Auseranami
04-29-2014, 02:25 PM
This is pretty cool for the clippers. They are irrelevant for years, then they start making the playoffs and this happens. Back to obscurity they go!

MelanconMadness
04-29-2014, 02:27 PM
Any hockey owner says the exact same thing. Does it get the same reaction?

COOLbeans
04-29-2014, 02:29 PM
Yeah? How so. It happened. There's many forms of racist actions, not just words

You're suggesting Spreewell choked Carlesimo because he was white. Anyone paying attention to the facts prior to the choking knows that's not true.

It reminds me of the guy yesterday in here assuming JR Smith and Kevin Garnett are racist, just because...

MelanconMadness
04-29-2014, 02:33 PM
Tell me why spree choked him. There's no reason that was ever given.

Method28
04-29-2014, 02:35 PM
I'm surprised and ecstatic with Silvers punishment! :)

13th-Amendment
04-29-2014, 05:08 PM
Tarnished Sterling - Silver Shines!!!!!!!!!!!

The year is 2014, I believe people like Donald Sterling is a dying bread while People like Adam Silver are on the rise. So hopefully/...eventually as we as people continue to mix cultures and races with one another the world will become 1...1 Culture....1 Race...."1 LOVE!":cheers:

cmellofan15
04-29-2014, 05:27 PM
Tell me why spree choked him. There's no reason that was ever given.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/vault/article/magazine/MAG1011658/

Carlesimo yelled at him. He's crazy, so he attacked him. He also attacked and threatened Byron Houston and Jerome Kersey.

And Brad Miller, too. Prolly cuz he's racist. You seem to always provide substantial evidence so I'll just agree with you this time.

IBleedPurple
04-29-2014, 05:44 PM
Sterling Silver has a whole new meaning.

USMCLaker
04-29-2014, 06:38 PM
You're reaching

So was Sprewell.

IKnowHoops
04-29-2014, 09:03 PM
When his wife knows about it and is ok with it, its a different ball game pal

Not to God, as you well know.

slashsnake
04-29-2014, 09:09 PM

So do you think Sprewell said "hey there's a white guy. I want to choke him just because he is white"?

And he didn't just hit Kersey. He came back with a 2X4 to bash his brains in and threatened to come back with a gun.