PDA

View Full Version : Knicks’ executive Larry Johnson calls for all-black basketball league

Pages : [1] 2

Touchdownboy
04-28-2014, 11:32 PM
http://m.washingtontimes.com/news/2014/apr/28/knicks-larry-johnson-calls-all-black-nba-league/

What is the time table on his firing?

Are the Blazers going to wear all-white in solidarity?

When can we expect Obama to comment on the controversy?

goingfor28
04-28-2014, 11:37 PM
yes. this is the solution. way to go LJ!

torocan
04-28-2014, 11:40 PM
:bang::bang::bang::bang::bang:

Idiotic idea, and most likely illegal.

lincecum=future
04-28-2014, 11:46 PM
I was expecting an onion article

rex.reyesiii
04-28-2014, 11:49 PM
http://m.washingtontimes.com/news/2014/apr/28/knicks-larry-johnson-calls-all-black-nba-league/

Obama's here right now(Phils). Busy with "the threat" of China I guess. ;D

Hellcrooner
04-28-2014, 11:51 PM
absurd.

and btw
how would determine who is black and who isnt?

are they gonna resort to the "1 drop" policy inveted by................uhhhhh-------------who was it................
19th century racists and then heaivly used by nazis to decide who is or isnt black?

jesus christ.

Hawkeye15
04-28-2014, 11:55 PM
totally not racist

cmellofan15
04-28-2014, 11:56 PM
http://chronicle.augusta.com/stories/2010/01/19/nba_563760.shtml

I'd imagine he's come up with a plan along the lines of this.

TheMightyHumph
04-28-2014, 11:59 PM
totally not racist

So long as the league exists in Africa (South Africa Whites excluded)

jaydubb
04-28-2014, 11:59 PM
I really cant believe he ****in said that.. I don't think he coulda said anything worse in response to what sterling said.. wow..

Cal827
04-29-2014, 12:02 AM
Yeah, this is totally the appropriate response to the Sterling comments :pity:

Can't we all just ****ing get along?

ricky recon
04-29-2014, 12:03 AM
What Sterling said was verbal racism, completely unacceptable and has no place in the NBA, but nonetheless verbal racism.

This idea is physical racism. A league that excludes white people. Segregation?

Worse. I can't even believe he said that. The worst part is he probably won't face any serious action.

utl768
04-29-2014, 12:06 AM
thats just as racist as donald sterling yet because its a black person it doesnt count in societys view

shep33
04-29-2014, 12:11 AM
Yeah, this is totally the appropriate response to the Sterling comments :pity:

Can't we all just ****ing get along?

Amen!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IlLPAIrmqvE

Hawkeye15
04-29-2014, 12:12 AM
thats just as racist as donald sterling yet because its a black person it doesnt count in societys view

yep

lakerfan85
04-29-2014, 12:13 AM

This..

*Superman*
04-29-2014, 12:14 AM
Stupid.

sep11ie
04-29-2014, 12:25 AM
Reverse racism is A-OK in this ***** country.

freejimmer
04-29-2014, 12:33 AM
Black people can say whatever they want.

JWorthy42
04-29-2014, 12:41 AM
Ridiculous. This man needs to get FIRED.

KobeOwnSU
04-29-2014, 12:47 AM
This is actually more racist then anything Sterling said haha How in the hell did he expect this to go over well?

SPURSFAN1
04-29-2014, 12:47 AM
I wonder what Obama would say.

Vinny642
04-29-2014, 12:49 AM
SMh double standards....

i'myourdaddy
04-29-2014, 12:51 AM
Haha let the black and the whity dukes it out, us Asian will conquer the league --> sending email to Linsanity.

Chronz
04-29-2014, 12:53 AM
WOW

How are there people this dumb so high up in life?

Vinny642
04-29-2014, 12:56 AM
Its crazy that ESPN and any other news outlet was quick to show Sterling's story and everything, but something like this will be overlooked... it is a joke.

Duncan = Donkey
04-29-2014, 01:01 AM

I know right. Unbelievable.

HuRRiCaNeS324
04-29-2014, 01:02 AM
So my boy LJ responds to Sterling's racist comments by suggesting the most racist scenario possible...

And the Knicks have him as the Basketball & Business Operations Representative.... **** like this is why the Knicks suck balls. That have a team full of morons making decisions for the team lmao.

Bigbadmoffo
04-29-2014, 01:04 AM
I think the media started this whole thing. One dumb racist guy says something in what he thought was a private conversation and now we have a racial war. Yes there's still ignorant people but who cares? They're all gonna die off and after a couple more generations we'll just have closet racist people. I have friends of all ethnicity and they are all sexist or racist about something or another.

tp13baby
04-29-2014, 01:04 AM

This is just as bad as Sterlings comments. Segregation? Dumbass.

Bigbadmoffo
04-29-2014, 01:06 AM
who's making the all black draft thread hahaha

J4KOP99
04-29-2014, 01:06 AM
In before he is fired

Vinny642
04-29-2014, 01:10 AM
Phil Jackson right now- http://mobilizujeme.cz/wp-content/uploads/2013/12/bill-cosby-confused-face-475x365.png

Bigbadmoffo
04-29-2014, 01:10 AM
Didn't black people complain about the black baseball league? Anyways I wanna know if you have to be full black cause I want Griffin:p

Bigbadmoffo
04-29-2014, 01:12 AM
This reminds me of when Gay fish said Bush hates black people lol. I think Larry Johnson should get an award for being funny:p

NYKNYGNYY
04-29-2014, 01:49 AM
what a jerk off...how can u say something so stupid...gonna be mad at someone for being racist then say something racist yourself....****in idiot

NYKNYGNYY
04-29-2014, 01:50 AM
everything is coming in the heat of the moment...was there any reason for the heat to wear theyre warm up shirts inside out? isn't that a little disrespectful to the heat owners and organization? their owner wasn't recorded saying anything racist...this whole thing has been blown way outta proportion...but was such a wrong thing to say

*Superman*
04-29-2014, 01:51 AM
In before he is fired

:laugh2:

ryder78c
04-29-2014, 01:58 AM
I'm black and this whole sterling crap made us all take a step back because the media,

IF ANYBODY AS A PERSON CARES ABOUT THIS LITTLE BIT OF BS LOOK UP THE BLACK WALL STREET OR GO WATCH FRUITVALE STATION OR RESEARCH THE TREYVON MARTIN CASE IF YOU NEED TTHIS ERA
BILLIONAIRE TALKING ABOUT BLACK PEOPLE MAKES PEOPLE GO NUTS THEY MUST BE STUPID, IVE BEEN CALLED NGGGGA by every race I EXPECT A RICH WHITE GUY TO SAY IT MOST

ryder78c
04-29-2014, 01:59 AM
WITH THE FIRST PICK IN THE B-NBA THE SELECTION IS. Larry bird 2nd pick Steve Nash 3rd pick Blake Griffin

ryder78c
04-29-2014, 02:05 AM
This reminds me of when Gay fish said Bush hates black people lol. I think Larry Johnson should get an award for being funny:p

Bush caring about black people is like sterling caring about black people lol

Kushed
04-29-2014, 02:08 AM
This guy is a ****ing moron hahahhaha

Goose17
04-29-2014, 02:13 AM
This, imo, is worse than what Sterling said. Sterling is clearly a racist but he never once said (to my knowledge) that he wants an all-white league. This is absolutely disgusting and shameful.

What a scum bag. People should be boycotting thr Knicks just as much... oh wait, Knicks aren't in the playoffs.

meloman1592
04-29-2014, 02:23 AM
Why...just why?..

Crackadalic
04-29-2014, 02:33 AM
He should be fired on the spot. Knicks get enough flack. We don't need this ****

Kenny Powders
04-29-2014, 06:48 AM
I'm black and this whole sterling crap made us all take a step back because the media,

IF ANYBODY AS A PERSON CARES ABOUT THIS LITTLE BIT OF BS LOOK UP THE BLACK WALL STREET OR GO WATCH FRUITVALE STATION OR RESEARCH THE TREYVON MARTIN CASE IF YOU NEED TTHIS ERA
BILLIONAIRE TALKING ABOUT BLACK PEOPLE MAKES PEOPLE GO NUTS THEY MUST BE STUPID, IVE BEEN CALLED NGGGGA by every race I EXPECT A RICH WHITE GUY TO SAY IT MOST

How come you didn't yell, "by every other race"? The only thing I got from this post is that Fruitvale Station is a good movie.

lamzoka
04-29-2014, 07:04 AM
-

lamzoka
04-29-2014, 07:07 AM
Didn't black people complain about the black baseball league? Anyways I wanna know if you have to be full black cause I want Griffin:p

He can only play one half, I guess lol #joking

R. Johnson#3
04-29-2014, 07:20 AM
What's the best way to counter racisim?!?!?!?!?

......Segregation?

tredigs
04-29-2014, 07:24 AM
Hahah - he'll be fired tomorrow afternoon and rightfully so, what a loser. If he isn't, we're going to have some significant and unfortunate racial tension going on. ...In 2014, great.

Solid choice for basketball operations, Knicks.

NYKnickFanatic
04-29-2014, 08:16 AM

Pretty much this.

farren.louis
04-29-2014, 08:26 AM
It makes sense to have an all black league . It is our league and secondly african Americans need to depart from whites . (Not racist) but we've depended on u guys long enough . Seriously black people need a culture a land. They need to know their real history . African American , it's not a race it's a slave name to hide us from our real name . Blackf folks need to look at this hard ,Wake the hell up!

FlakeyFool
04-29-2014, 08:45 AM
classic knicks

tr3ymill3r
04-29-2014, 08:58 AM
Remember what Obama said about idiots, case in point.

2-ONE-5
04-29-2014, 08:59 AM
LJ is a racist

mike_noodles
04-29-2014, 09:11 AM
Fighting racism with segregation. Sounds like a solid plan.

Crackadalic
04-29-2014, 09:14 AM
I love lj but I hope he gets fired for this.

jerellh528
04-29-2014, 09:18 AM
I would expect this from Jesse Jackson. But not a smart nba exec

colinskik
04-29-2014, 09:22 AM
First off I think he gets canned for this.

Second, I think he was trying to convey that black people should hold more important positions within the NBA, but since he's kinda a dullard (watch him on a Knicks post game and you'll agree) it came out as something like a segregated league.

superwill
04-29-2014, 09:23 AM
When Donald Sterling makes the comments that he made all that does is confirm what we always felt in our harts that white people don't want us around thats why L.J. said what he said.

Also it was whites that segregated themselves from us first if any of you knew history you would understand where L.J. is coming from and don't hit me with that ”get over it" that's so disrespectful

Heatcheck
04-29-2014, 09:23 AM
It makes sense to have an all black league . It is our league and secondly african Americans need to depart from whites . (Not racist) but we've depended on u guys long enough . Seriously black people need a culture a land. They need to know their real history . African American , it's not a race it's a slave name to hide us from our real name . Blackf folks need to look at this hard ,Wake the hell up!

That's just ****ing stupid. half of what you said has nothing to do with the issue at hand. Black people don't need to depart from white people, we're all American, and black people have been here just as long and are just as responsible for building this country and what it has achieved today as white people. Africans have Africa, black people here are simply Americans with African roots. If your suggesting black people here need to learn about the history and heritage, I agree, but to suggest there needs to be some separation of the two races is simply ignorant.

ManRam
04-29-2014, 09:24 AM
:sigh:

bgdreton
04-29-2014, 09:35 AM

The reason it doesn't count is previously us blacks were not in any positions of power so saying such things does effect a white person in any way (maybe thier feelings). Whites still would get jobs go to schools etc.... So at the end of the day it didn't matter blacks were not in power so whatever. Now what he said would work only if we were still segregating but he is about 50 years to late.. As a black man what he said is just as bad as what sterling said but we are socially sensitive towards minorities especially blacks when it comes to race relations.. I understand you may feel its not fair but it's a product of our history....

BigCityofDreams
04-29-2014, 09:36 AM

Second, I think he was trying to convey that black people should hold more important positions within the NBA, but since he's kinda a dullard (watch him on a Knicks post game and you'll agree) it came out as something like a segregated league.

Yea that's more so his point which is do for self and build. The minute he said it i knew the the match was lit.

Cal827
04-29-2014, 09:47 AM
Amen!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IlLPAIrmqvE

:laugh:

Well, at least Kramer wasn't in the skit lol

FYL_McVeezy
04-29-2014, 09:58 AM

Exactly.

Was it worded wrong? Absolutely.

But he didn't say it in malice like a lot of the posters here are taking it. I hope he doesn't lose his job over it but someone in the Knicks PR should make him apologize/clarify his statement.

ghettosean
04-29-2014, 09:59 AM
:bang::bang::bang::bang::bang:

Idiotic idea, and most likely illegal.

No they have an all white league i believe

farren.louis
04-29-2014, 10:03 AM
@HeatCheck
Yes separation is best, excuse me but African Americans are the only people on this earth , who doesnt have land, a true nationality , a damn song, a flag , laws ? Everything we have is what whites gave us . I dont mean go to war, I just want us to establish ourselves . Whites will never live with Palestines simply because of 9/11 , Americans will never let that go, but the black race is the only race that has to live with its enemy .

limebalz05
04-29-2014, 10:10 AM

Sterling has given millions in donations to Democrat politicicians. hmmmmmm

2-ONE-5
04-29-2014, 10:15 AM
who do you think pays these black atheltes millions? hate DS all you want but the man has been paying the race millions for a very long time

limebalz05
04-29-2014, 10:32 AM
@HeatCheck
Yes separation is best, excuse me but African Americans are the only people on this earth , who doesnt have land, a true nationality , a damn song, a flag , laws ? Everything we have is what whites gave us . I dont mean go to war, I just want us to establish ourselves . Whites will never live with Palestines simply because of 9/11 , Americans will never let that go, but the black race is the only race that has to live with its enemy .

What?!?!

95% of Whites in America are mix European. Heck, half Euro's are not 100% a particular nationality.

What land do white people have? The only citizens in the United States that have a designated piece of land are native Americans. Every other piece of land was earned or is a piece of property owned by the federal gov't.

Laws? What laws would you like to impose that don't currently exist now?

2-ONE-5
04-29-2014, 10:36 AM
white owenrs paying black athletes millions and millions of dollars but were the enemy? lol

farren.louis
04-29-2014, 10:46 AM
@limebalz05 Dude the point is African Americans need a land of their own . We need things that work for us . The laws that work for whites don't necessarily work for us. We're different people completely different . @2-One-5 your so naive its pathetic of course they pay the athletes but they get all that money right back if not more money its called investing . Like slavery u do all the work I make more of the money

2-ONE-5
04-29-2014, 10:50 AM
you are everything that is wrong with the world. black people need their own lands, laws? get the **** outta here you loser. those thoughts are just as bad as anything Sterling said

cssdmark
04-29-2014, 11:05 AM
That was a dumb statement. Nough said.

farren.louis
04-29-2014, 11:14 AM
Dude your closed minded . Again Americans will never live with Pakistanis because of 9/11. Germans and Nazi will never live together because of the holocaust, bur African Americans are happy to call themselves American despite their people being killed for decades by Americans . Yeah that makes alot of sense .

Mr_Jones
04-29-2014, 11:14 AM
@limebalz05 Dude the point is African Americans need a land of their own . We need things that work for us . The laws that work for whites don't necessarily work for us. We're different people completely different . @2-One-5 your so naive its pathetic of course they pay the athletes but they get all that money right back if not more money its called investing . Like slavery u do all the work I make more of the money
I think you need your own land. I'd be the first one to help you with that if it meant we never had to hear you speak again..

mjt20mik
04-29-2014, 11:19 AM
cause an all black league isn't racist.. SMH

Heatcheck
04-29-2014, 11:30 AM
@HeatCheck

I hate resorting to name calling, because it seems your trying to civil and respectful about this, but you sound real ****ing ignorant right about now.

For starters African Americans don't have a flag and laws because they aren't a nationality, THEY ARE AMERICAN, their nationality is AMERICAN, their laws are the Constitution and own land the same way everyone else does. is it obvious wealth is disproportionate towards whites, yes, considering the history there is a definite imbalance caused by slavery, segregation, and racist people like sterling who hold positions of power, and we need to work towards changing that, like we've done the last 30 years, because AMERICA belongs to all of us (now that we've knocked off the Native Americans and stole the rest from the Mexicans). we're all Americans, some are White, of European descent, some are Black of African descent, and so on. and honestly if you really feel like your "living with the enemy" then go live in Africa and simply be African instead of African American. I wouldn't recommend it, but you have that option, and then you wont have to deal with the enemy.

Second, Everything black people have wasn't given to them by whites. And to say that is a slap in the face of all the successful black people who bust their *** to get what they have.

And Lastly, Whites DO live with Palestinians, I got four of them living down the street for the last 15 years, and 2convenience stores are owned by a Palestinian and a Pakistani, which doesn't matter because Bin Laden was responsible for 911, and he was a Saudi Arabian, based in Afghanistan. the Palestinians beef is with Israel for a whole different reason, and if anything probably are madder at us for backing Israel than we are at them.

Tony_Starks
04-29-2014, 11:31 AM
I love how nobody has even quoted him yet. He said black people WE'RE focusing on the wrong thing. WE should be focused on having OUR own. Own team own league.

He didn't target or denigrate any other race. He didn't say any specific race would not be welcome. He was trying to say that instead of being so outraged and being at the mercy of racist owners, black folks need to be concentrating on putting themselves in position of power instead of letting the Sterlings of the world tell you "I feed them...I buy them clothes....I buy them cars! Who else does it?"

He should've elaborated but he's not exactly a scholar.

As you were.

Heatcheck
04-29-2014, 11:32 AM
Dude your closed minded . Again Americans will never live with Pakistanis because of 9/11. Germans and Nazi will never live together because of the holocaust, bur African Americans are happy to call themselves American despite their people being killed for decades by Americans . Yeah that makes alot of sense .

Are you fu.cking serious? honestly, or are you just trying to troll people? you cant be this dumb.

2-ONE-5
04-29-2014, 11:40 AM

its people like you that keep racism alive

kozelkid
04-29-2014, 11:50 AM
Are you fu.cking serious? honestly, or are you just trying to troll people? you cant be this dumb.

I think he obviously misspoke on that one, but I agree with the rest of what you said in your previous post.

nycericanguy
04-29-2014, 11:52 AM
now everyone is trying too hard to make a huge deal out of anything that might be "politically incorrect"...

I don't think for one second LJ was suggesting segregation or that blacks start their own league... that's ludicrous.

He wasn't very eloquent, but It's clear he's saying black people should be bettering themselves and put themselves in position to own teams and not have to work for racist scumbags. I mean how many black NBA owners are there? 0 or 1?

farren.louis
04-29-2014, 11:57 AM
I haven't said anything racist all im saying is African Americans need to establish themselves. We are not Americans that is not where our roots started and if slaves were alive today , I bet they'll be just a pissed being called Americans than the N word . We disrespect ourselves ever single day calling ourselves black or African Americans .

naps
04-29-2014, 12:02 PM
Why is it not a big deal when a black individual makes a racist comment? Shouldn't it be equal in both ways?

2-ONE-5
04-29-2014, 12:03 PM
no ones roots are from here genious. you cant be this dense

flea
04-29-2014, 12:05 PM
I think farren.louis is a believer in Black Liberation Theology. While not racist, it does make assumptions about race that most in the mainstream probably don't hold. I don't think he's trolling, and he probably has some legitimate points.

bucketss
04-29-2014, 12:07 PM
Why is it not a big deal when a black individual makes a racist comment? Shouldn't it be equal in both ways?

we didn't enslave you guys for 400 years, maybe thats why.

Tony_Starks
04-29-2014, 12:11 PM
now everyone is trying too hard to make a huge deal out of anything that might be "politically incorrect"...

I don't think for one second LJ was suggesting segregation or that blacks start their own league... that's ludicrous.

He wasn't very eloquent, but It's clear he's saying black people should be bettering themselves and put themselves in position to own teams and not have to work for racist scumbags. I mean how many black NBA owners are there? 0 or 1?

Any halfway intelligent person can read between the lines and see that LJ was trying that black people need to trying to BE owners and control their own destiny instead of working for people with this slave master type mentality.

It's his fault he wasn't very articulte about it. But now everyone that knows nothing about context and/or has a agenda are trying to leap all the way to "he's talking about segregation! That's racist! See! Blacks racist against white people! Where's the outrage!"

Kind of sad how far people are going to be apologist for Sterling...

BIG worm
04-29-2014, 12:14 PM
white people being outraged by "reverse racism" is pretty ironic. when i hear people not of color speak on racism or race relations in america, i cringe. How can an individual understand the state of race relations in that country when they have never had to face oppression, and overt racism from those that are in positions of power. White people dont know what is like to be pulled over for being a young black man, or a young latino. Any of you know how it feels to be profliled by police, judges or employers on the level that a black or latino man faces in this country? have you heard your mother be called wetback, or ****** from racist land lords or policemen? i find it pretty damn ironic that when race is brought up, that whites tend to be the most outraged, especially in the case of "reverse racism". Would you guys take years of slavery, or go through the civil rights movement in the 60's to be able to say "anything" as a black man and "get away" with it?

BIG worm
04-29-2014, 12:15 PM
And just to be clear, Larry Johnson is a ****ing idiot for saying what he said.

bucketss
04-29-2014, 12:19 PM
well said Big Worm,

whyumadbro!
04-29-2014, 12:29 PM
If this is what you call racism, then white folks do not even understand what racism is. Asking to have something rather than be subjected to those who view you as inferior is somehow racist? I don't think Larry J would have said that if he did not suspect the slave master mentality of NBA owners like Sterling...If blacks were to start a league, he is not saying white players will not be welcomed...only 1 of NBA's 30 teams is owned by a black person yet the people making the NBA money are 80 percent black. Larry Johnson is protesting an unfair phenomenon, just because you're happy with the status quo do not make someone else protesting it a "racist". FYI: Not supportive of segregating sports but putting things in perspective here.

And while I disagree with what he said and think it's poorly worded I still think we do not need 'majority' owners like Sterling. I could care less about the race of any owner or how many they are, but I don't believe we should have "racists" owning teams just to make money. If you don't like basketball or the race of some people playing it, you've no place in the game.

Lastly I hate to say this because it compromises this whole thing but can we have some privacy in this country? The comments he made were for private consumption, who knows, he could have said it out of jealousy or for some other reason. Maybe he's insecure that she will prefer a black person to him, so he tried to tell her not to hang out with them? My ex called me the N word sometimes when we fight because she thinks it will hurt me but she's not even a racist - which is why I think private conversations are not meant for public consumption. Sterling is obviously a businessman who puts race in perspective when it benefits him. e.g won't rent to blacks because study shows property value decrease when blacks are occupants versus whites, and a new report came out that he hates paying white players (thinks JJ Redick is not worth 7million because he's white). His view on race is not specific to blacks or latinos. He's the type that will only donate to Asian schools because his money will actually produce smart kids.

BIG worm
04-29-2014, 12:31 PM
well said Big Worm,

thanks bucketss.

limebalz05
04-29-2014, 12:47 PM
I'd love to see how successful an all African American basketball league turns out! Watch a basketball game and see how many ( black spectators) are in the seats paying big bucks! Does he truely believe that white people (or anyone outside of the black community) will attend and view a basketball game on TV when only black athletes can participate?

Is LJ trying to divide this country????? LJ is a racist!!! He's obviously filled with poison and hate! LJ seems like he's encouraging water fountains for black people only. LJ probably wants to return to 1940 and see black people have all the power instead of white people. LJ is no better than the people who wanted to continue segregation!

Heatcheck
04-29-2014, 12:48 PM
I think farren.louis is a believer in Black Liberation Theology. While not racist, it does make assumptions about race that most in the mainstream probably don't hold. I don't think he's trolling, and he probably has some legitimate points.

No, he's uneducated and his mentality is *** backwards.
Why he thinks americans, or in his eyes whites (because those are the only real americans, and the only ones who died in 9/11) wont forgive Palestinians and therefore will never live with them because of 9/11, shows the basic lack of common knowledge that plagues this country today. forget that there are Palestinian communities all over America. He makes sure we don't confuse his lack of education with him misspeaking, by retyping it in another post, and claiming GERMANS will never be able to live with NAZIS because of the holocaust.
In HIS lame eyes African americans aren't americans. considering they built this country up, have been here just as long as white people, and influence almost every facet of American culture I find that absurd.
And to claim his opinion speaks for slaves, or any black person that fought for equality in this country, regardless of the time period is even more absurd.

utl768
04-29-2014, 12:51 PM
where is the outrage on larry johnson?

why arent there ppl calling for his firing and suspension?

What donald sterling said was wrong and terrible but why does there have to be such a double standard in this world when it comes to race relations. Black people want and recieved equal rights but why is racism against white people from black people such a buried issue? You got kevin garnett calling people the n word on the court constantly and that is looked past like its nothing but if chandler parsons did that everyone would be calling for his head

Tony_Starks
04-29-2014, 12:51 PM
white people being outraged by "reverse racism" is pretty ironic. when i hear people not of color speak on racism or race relations in america, i cringe. How can an individual understand the state of race relations in that country when they have never had to face oppression, and overt racism from those that are in positions of power. White people dont know what is like to be pulled over for being a young black man, or a young latino. Any of you know how it feels to be profliled by police, judges or employers on the level that a black or latino man faces in this country? have you heard your mother be called wetback, or ****** from racist land lords or policemen? i find it pretty damn ironic that when race is brought up, that whites tend to be the most outraged, especially in the case of "reverse racism". Would you guys take years of slavery, or go through the civil rights movement in the 60's to be able to say "anything" as a black man and "get away" with it?

Right on the money

utl768
04-29-2014, 12:52 PM

thats such a bogus excuse especially in 2014 when racism is basically non existent anymore to 95% of minorities

whyumadbro!
04-29-2014, 12:52 PM
I'd love to see how successful an all African American basketball league turns out! Watch a basketball game and see how many ( black spectators) are in the seats paying big bucks! Does he truely believe that white people (or anyone outside of the black community) will attend and view a basketball game on TV when only black athletes can participate?

Is LJ trying to divide this country????? LJ is a racist!!! He's obviously filled with poison and hate! LJ seems like he's encouraging water fountains for black people only. LJ probably wants to return to 1940 and see black people have all the power instead of white people. LJ is no better than the people who wanted to continue segregation!

I think he's talking ownership rather than players. He obviously was not thinking because he is currently employed by a white person and lets be honest here, white people are instrumental in helping him become who he is today.

Shkelqim
04-29-2014, 01:06 PM
Im originally from Albania and i have been profiled i have been called a foriegner a billion times, my name is Shkelqim, ive been called a terrorist lol, u name it. But i imbrace everything, and dont take anything personal, even tho Sterling did make racist comments, why should anybody take anything personal, its one persons views. Your going to tell me uve never made racist comments, not just towards blacks but anybody. Everybody wants to jump on this guys neck, just let everyone be thank ful theyre in a position making millions. Something very few people can achieve. He is an idiot for saying that **** , but lets not give that attention, this is Basketball. Lets go back to talking about that

nyKnicks126
04-29-2014, 01:07 PM
As a white basketball fan and a Knicks fan I lost all my respect that I once had for one of my favorite players.. I guess racism works only one way? **** you LJ

limebalz05
04-29-2014, 01:09 PM
If this is what you call racism, then white folks do not even understand what racism is. Asking to have something rather than be subjected to those who view you as inferior is somehow racist? I don't think Larry J would have said that if he did not suspect the slave master mentality of NBA owners like Sterling...If blacks were to start a league, he is not saying white players will not be welcomed...only 1 of NBA's 30 teams is owned by a black person yet the people making the NBA money are 80 percent black. Larry Johnson is protesting an unfair phenomenon, just because you're happy with the status quo do not make someone else protesting it a "racist". FYI: Not supportive of segregating sports but putting things in perspective here.

And while I disagree with what he said and think it's poorly worded I still think we do not need 'majority' owners like Sterling. I could care less about the race of any owner or how many they are, but I don't believe we should have "racists" owning teams just to make money. If you don't like basketball or the race of some people playing it, you've no place in the game.

Lastly I hate to say this because it compromises this whole thing but can we have some privacy in this country? The comments he made were for private consumption, who knows, he could have said it out of jealousy or for some other reason. Maybe he's insecure that she will prefer a black person to him, so he tried to tell her not to hang out with them? My ex called me the N word sometimes when we fight because she thinks it will hurt me but she's not even a racist - which is why I think private conversations are not meant for public consumption. Sterling is obviously a businessman who puts race in perspective when it benefits him. e.g won't rent to blacks because study shows property value decrease when blacks are occupants versus whites, and a new report came out that he hates paying white players (thinks JJ Redick is not worth 7million because he's white). His view on race is not specific to blacks or latinos. He's the type that will only donate to Asian schools because his money will actually produce smart kids.

Every franchise owner is willing to sell his franchise for the right price!

It's called a free market society! It's not the non black community fault that they own franchises.

If Jay Z or Magic wants to own an NBA franchise, they can for the right price.

The same price that Sterling PAID the NAACP to be the "man of the year". Everyone has a price!!!!

nyKnicks126
04-29-2014, 01:10 PM
So Knicks executive Larry Johnson, who I respected calls for an all black league.. And that's not racism? Okay.....

What if Sterling said the same thing but it wasn't Magic but let's say.. Larry Bird.. Nothing would happen.

Also if MJ made similar comments about Bird or Barry etc.. There would be no racism and nobody would even care

There are two sides to every coin people

KobeOwnSU
04-29-2014, 01:13 PM
we didn't enslave you guys for 400 years, maybe thats why.

Yeah, uh, we didn't either. White people 200 years ago enslaved blacks. None of them are alive, slaves or owners. To accuse white people today of something that happened 200 years ago is irrational. As white man, I hate that it happened and I hate that even today it hurts the black community but it is something that should not be blamed on whites today.

nyKnicks126
04-29-2014, 01:15 PM
Yeah, uh, we didn't either. White people 200 years ago enslaved blacks. None of them are alive, slaves or owners. To accuse white people today of something that happened 200 years ago is irrational. As white man, I hate that it happened and I hate that even today it hurts the black community but it is something that should not be blamed on whites today.
Exactly.. But many of them don't understand that, unfortunately. Which is sad.

BigCityofDreams
04-29-2014, 01:15 PM

You got all of that from what he said. You do realize he didn't put white ppl down right. Hell he didn't even say all white ppl are racist or anything along those lines. If there is more of the quote that hasn't be released then I understand there being an outrage. He's talking about ownership and controlling your destiny. He's not saying down with whitey or anything like that. If he does feel that way inside that I'm sure more of the quote will be revealed.

KnickFanSince91
04-29-2014, 01:29 PM
Larry Johnson @TheRealLJ2

Black people your Focusing on the wrong thing. We should be focusing on having our own, Own team own League! To For Self!!

Don't let things like his actual words get in the way of sensationalism.

He never said "we need an all black league!! NO whites allowed!"...he said black people need to work on increasing ownership, which would increase control of the league and allow them to provide for each other.

But yea that's racist :rolleyes:

Heatcheck
04-29-2014, 01:29 PM
thats such a bogus excuse especially in 2014 when racism is basically non existent anymore to 95% of minorities

that's ********, things have gotten a lot better but to say non existent is a load of crap, proven by this random number you came up with.

KnickFanSince91
04-29-2014, 01:34 PM
that's bulls.hit, things have gotten a lot better but to say non existent is a load of cr.ap, proven by this random number you came up with.

Sshh...racism officially disappeared November 4, 2008...you didn't get the email?

MelanconMadness
04-29-2014, 01:49 PM
This is racist

limebalz05
04-29-2014, 01:49 PM

Black people your Focusing on the wrong thing. We should be focusing on having our own, Own team own League! To For Self!!

Who's stoping LJ from forming his own black islamic league? Remember LJ is Islamic and Sterling is Jewish. There may be more to LJ hatred.

JWO35
04-29-2014, 01:50 PM
To call someone's post bogus, but then turn around and say racism is nonexistent to the 95% of minorities? :eyebrow:

Yeah buddy if you believe what that guy said is bogus but stand by your "racism is nonexistent" comment just proves his point even more.

Tony_Starks
04-29-2014, 02:05 PM

He never said "we need an all black league!! NO whites allowed!"...he said black people need to work on increasing ownership, which would increase control of the league and allow them to provide for each other.

No man. Apparently he was saying black people are superior and need to have a exclusive ALL black league where whites will be banned. All races will be banned except for blacks, it'll basically be like the negroe leagues of the 50's.

It's reverse racism and actually worse than what Donald Sterling said! Just another example of how blacks get to target the poor white man without repercussion or outrage!

LOL

IBleedPurple
04-29-2014, 02:25 PM

Thank you. It's still a very common excuse today for a myriad of ridiculous actions.

As for LJ, he's an idiot, and it would not be OK if someone white said it.

majmarcus
04-29-2014, 02:26 PM
Smdh...

Pistol_Pete
04-29-2014, 02:30 PM
Look. I don't know what Larry Johnson may have meant when he made his comment, but I think it's clear that he was insinuating a league made of of black players and black owners. He didn't say "let's make another league", or "let's create a new league of equals" he said "Black people your Focusing on the wrong thing. We should be focusing on having our own, Own team own League! To For Self!!" that's what he said. I think it should be clear that he was referring to an all black league with all black owners.

Slavery is not a part of this argument. Don't even mention it. It happened, it was terrible, it's over. NBA players make millions of dollars. Tens of millions. Hundreds of millions. Doing something they chose to do. You're also free to explore other opportunities like endorsements. Black, White, Asian, Mexican, Irish, Russian, Australian, whatever. That's not slavery.

Let's say the owner of the Hawks called for the creation of a white league, with white players and white owners. People would be outraged. Don't pretend they wouldn't be. You can't turn it the other way and have it be okay because someone else said it. That's the problem.

smiddy012
04-29-2014, 02:36 PM

Thank you for the common sense.

smiddy012
04-29-2014, 02:46 PM
Look. I don't know what Larry Johnson may have meant when he made his comment, but I think it's clear that he was insinuating a league made of of black players and black owners. He didn't say "let's make another league", or "let's create a new league of equals" he said "Black people your Focusing on the wrong thing. We should be focusing on having our own, Own team own League! To For Self!!" that's what he said. I think it should be clear that he was referring to an all black league with all black owners.

Slavery is not a part of this argument. Don't even mention it. It happened, it was terrible, it's over. NBA players make millions of dollars. Tens of millions. Hundreds of millions. Doing something they chose to do. You're also free to explore other opportunities like endorsements. Black, White, Asian, Mexican, Irish, Russian, Australian, whatever. That's not slavery.

Let's say the owner of the Hawks called for the creation of a white league, with white players and white owners. People would be outraged. Don't pretend they wouldn't be. You can't turn it the other way and have it be okay because someone else said it. That's the problem.

There is no historical precedent for blacks segregating whites, that's why no one takes LJ seriously.

Sofnr
04-29-2014, 02:48 PM
I have to say some of this is pretty silly. The idea that racism is less disgusting when aimed at one group of people compared to another is stupid. The fact that African Americans have a history in this country of not being treated equally does not make it somehow ok to act disrespectfully to other races. All races should be treated equally. And all races have members who will never be able to feel that way for whatever reason. IMO there are enough people who do respect other races in this country that we will continue to make progress.

As far as the Larry Johnson comment goes I think some of this may be an overreaction. He really should come out and clarify. I think this article was made to stir up trouble. Then it was posted by a troll to get reactions. The tweets from Johnson in that hour were as follows "I heard the Clippers owner made a racial statement And black people are all upset, get over it this is Integration." "He is the owner of the team personally I think He Should have Who ever he wants at the game." "Black people your Focusing on the wrong thing. We should be focusing on having our own, Own team own League! To For Self!!" The first reaction seemed to be everyone claiming he wanted an all black league. But after reading the other tweets involved there it doesn't really seem to fit. It seems more likely he was saying what others have suggested which is that they need more Black owners or a league that has more African American's in power. Was is still a stupid thing to say? Probably. More Black owners is realistic and something to shoot for. A new league is silly. But I don't think he was trying to say he wanted to exclude other races. And he's certainly not saying anything close to the level that Sterling did where he was inferring one race to be less then others. If Johnson is smart enough to come out and clarify I don't think we are going to see much of a reaction.

MygirlhatesCod
04-29-2014, 02:56 PM
so what happens to the asians and hispanics? or is it that LJ thinks black and white people are the only ones that matter.

limebalz05
04-29-2014, 03:13 PM
Ask Grandmama "WHO" will attend his league! WHO is paying for those $1,000 dollar seats and WHO is paying season tickets?

If it wasn't for WHITEY, Grandmama would be stuck in the middle class like the rest of us. After reading his tweets, he may have been lower class.

HoodedSB
04-29-2014, 03:25 PM
Pretty dumb comment, but I'm sure he was just riled up and speaking from an emotional place without really thinking through what he was saying. If he is serious about this, he is a racist ***, but I doubt he really meant it.

Cal827
04-29-2014, 03:28 PM
He should face some sort of repercussions for the comments. Don't care if he's riled up.

EAGLES3658
04-29-2014, 03:35 PM

Right. So pathetic.

championships
04-29-2014, 03:38 PM
That's racist and discrimination. Ban LJ from the NBA now.

13th-Amendment
04-29-2014, 05:02 PM
Tarnished Sterling - Silver Shines!!!!!!!!!!!

The year is 2014, I believe people like Donald Sterling is a dying bread while People like Adam Silver are on the rise. So hopefully/...eventually as we as people continue to mix cultures and races with one another the world will become 1...1 Culture....1 Race...."1 LOVE!":cheers:

Tony_Starks
04-29-2014, 05:29 PM
Won't even waste time to break down LJs comments again since its been done a million times in this thread and slow people still can't comprehend.

I will say if you're waiting for him to get fired keep waiting. People outside internet sport forums are actually able to understand context. Also any Knick fan will tell you once you're in tight with Dolan you're good!
( see Isiah Thomas )

d00d
04-29-2014, 05:31 PM
that mother ****ing racist bigot. ****ing disgusting pig. ****ing **** sucking piece of ****

jp611
04-29-2014, 05:33 PM
This doesn't make what Sterling said right.

They're both idiots.

Backstabber
04-29-2014, 05:51 PM
The status quo is racist. 90% Black players over 90% White ownership and management structure. This starts to seep down to college also. This is what has the NBA players so enraged about this last revelation.

Things start to change, coaching/scouts - but ownership doesn't. The NBA has to get ahead of this, enter stage left, Magic Johnson. Why do you think the NBA may be pushing for his ownership?

If the status quo is racist, how could LJ speaking against it be racist in the same vein. Remember there was a time period that Blacks weren't really welcomed in this league. That's where the NBA comes from.

hugepatsfan
04-29-2014, 05:57 PM
Oh please, he's not saying that blacks are a superior race. What he said was racially insensitive, but I don't take it as he's a racist. This country has a history of African Americans being oppressed by whites. It's gotten a lot better recently and it continues to but LJ grew up a while ago. He might have some racist thoughts about white people as far as assuming that they hate him for his race (which is stereotyping) but it doesn't come from a place of thinking blacks are superior. It's just a natural skepticism that comes with experiencing something before. That's not the same as genuinely believing that someone's skin color makes them not worth of associating with in public.

Don't get me wrong, there is a point where it crosses the line and a black person can be a legitimate racist. Just like there are a lot of racist whites there are a lot of racist blacks. I don't think this is one of those cases though. It's the same thing as the Snoop Dogg thread.

LakerShow
04-29-2014, 06:39 PM
I don't know how people can be so stupid and be this high up in the front office. This is something national TV will not bring up.

giantspwn
04-29-2014, 06:50 PM
Whoa! Everyone slow your roll. The dude's black, he gets a pass.

Bulls_fan90
04-29-2014, 06:58 PM
What a joke. The NBA should be ashamed and the double standards when it comes to racism are laughable.

NBA_Starter
04-29-2014, 07:07 PM
Not surprising coming from LJ.

Nunuu
04-29-2014, 07:40 PM
We could call it the NBA! lol, but in all seriousness he is just as racist as sterling and should be banned as well.

Jeffy25
04-29-2014, 07:40 PM
I didn't believe it by reading the headline.....sad it's true.

Jeffy25
04-29-2014, 07:43 PM
What a joke. The NBA should be ashamed and the double standards when it comes to racism are laughable.

Whoa! Everyone slow your roll. The dude's black, he gets a pass.

It's really unfortunate....but reverse racism won't be eliminated unless action is taken equally for someone saying something equally as stupid.

thomass
04-29-2014, 07:44 PM
We could call it the NBA! lol, but in all seriousness he is just as racist as sterling and should be banned as well.

there is inequality in racism. Whites are paying for sins of the past.

abe_froman
04-29-2014, 07:45 PM
they need to fire him

Jeffy25
04-29-2014, 07:47 PM
Can we expect him to be banned from the league and the Knicks now?

Jeffy25
04-29-2014, 07:49 PM
I have to say some of this is pretty silly. The idea that racism is less disgusting when aimed at one group of people compared to another is stupid. The fact that African Americans have a history in this country of not being treated equally does not make it somehow ok to act disrespectfully to other races. All races should be treated equally. And all races have members who will never be able to feel that way for whatever reason. IMO there are enough people who do respect other races in this country that we will continue to make progress.

As far as the Larry Johnson comment goes I think some of this may be an overreaction. He really should come out and clarify. I think this article was made to stir up trouble. Then it was posted by a troll to get reactions. The tweets from Johnson in that hour were as follows "I heard the Clippers owner made a racial statement And black people are all upset, get over it this is Integration." "He is the owner of the team personally I think He Should have Who ever he wants at the game." "Black people your Focusing on the wrong thing. We should be focusing on having our own, Own team own League! To For Self!!" The first reaction seemed to be everyone claiming he wanted an all black league. But after reading the other tweets involved there it doesn't really seem to fit. It seems more likely he was saying what others have suggested which is that they need more Black owners or a league that has more African American's in power. Was is still a stupid thing to say? Probably. More Black owners is realistic and something to shoot for. A new league is silly. But I don't think he was trying to say he wanted to exclude other races. And he's certainly not saying anything close to the level that Sterling did where he was inferring one race to be less then others. If Johnson is smart enough to come out and clarify I don't think we are going to see much of a reaction.

From CBS

Johnson, who played 10 seasons in the NBA, including the last five with the Knicks, is no stranger to commenting on issues of race. During the 1999 NBA Finals between the Knicks and San Antonio Spurs, Johnson caused a stir by saying: “We’ve got a lot of rebellious slaves on this (Knicks) team.”

When asked if he was referring to his teammates as slaves, Johnson seemed surprised people were confused.
“I’ve got to explain that to you? We don’t go with the mainstream,” Johnson said at the time.

Johnson has been an executive with the Knicks for the last two years. However, it’s unknown what his role will be under new team president Phil Jackson.

I think it's pretty clear what he means.

ScottFromCanada
04-29-2014, 07:51 PM

Do some research on "free black slave owners".

mike_noodles
04-29-2014, 08:02 PM

I understand that. But they are not my sins or the sins of my parents.

Touchdownboy
04-29-2014, 08:13 PM
USA = Anti-White nation

ScottFromCanada
04-29-2014, 08:16 PM
I understand that. But they are not my sins or the sins of my parents.

lol so true man, I have no slave history in me either so why the ***** should I have to pay for other whites sins or apologize for them? I had nothing to do with any of that so why am I getting blamed for that? Also it's funny because a lot of people don't even realize that there were black slave owners and that black tribes gathered slaves for these owner. How come the kids of free black slave owners like William Ellison don't have to pay for their parents sins?

thomass
04-29-2014, 08:23 PM
lol I'm just stating the reality of it all. blacks are still seen as victims. and it's more than just slavery that feeds into that belief. you also have to consider all the crimes committed against blacks from 1865 - 1970.

BigCityofDreams
04-29-2014, 09:28 PM
lol I'm just stating the reality of it all. blacks are still seen as victims. and it's more than just slavery that feeds into that belief. you also have to consider all the crimes committed against blacks from 1865 - 1970.

Stuff like Jim Crow
One Drop Rule
Hiring practices
Institutionalized racism
etc

DaBear
04-29-2014, 11:12 PM
With all the attention on Sterling, who deserved what he got, I thought why is no one talking about Larry Johnson's racist comments? Why is it okay for him to wish for an all black league?

GiantsSwaGG
04-29-2014, 11:15 PM
Larry Johnson is an idiot

interceptionboy
Oh look, Larry Johnson still working as a NBA employee.

Duncan = Donkey

Leftcoast_yg
Nba needs to address this too. It is equally racist as sterlings comments.

DaBear
04-29-2014, 11:16 PM
I didn't realize there was already a thread about this, but it does piss me off that Larry Johnson got away with clearly racist comments.

Duncan = Donkey
04-29-2014, 11:16 PM
there is a thread on this already

Cal827
04-29-2014, 11:20 PM
I guess the NBA is just putting the blame for his comments on James Dolan.

interceptionboy
04-29-2014, 11:22 PM
I guess the NBA is just putting the blame for his comments on James Dolan.
It's always White mans fault

sep11ie
04-29-2014, 11:23 PM
Wow, a day late... But yea, tired of black people now.

DaBear
04-29-2014, 11:24 PM

Thanks for dropping by with your ignorance.

goingfor28
04-29-2014, 11:31 PM

blahblahyoutoo
04-29-2014, 11:38 PM
@HeatCheck

You guys can have Detroit.
😀

joshhorvath
04-29-2014, 11:43 PM
lol the nba is already a all black league xD

DaBear
04-29-2014, 11:44 PM
lol the nba is already a all black league xD

Uhh..most of the execs are white. That's what he meant.

IDunknown
04-29-2014, 11:45 PM

That's messed up. By your logic black people in control = nobody else will participate.

Avenged
04-29-2014, 11:49 PM
Okay, Patrick.

IDunknown
04-29-2014, 11:52 PM

Won't even waste time to break down LJs comments again since its been done a million times in this thread and slow people still can't comprehend.

I will say if you're waiting for him to get fired keep waiting. People outside internet sport forums are actually able to understand context. Also any Knick fan will tell you once you're in tight with Dolan you're good!
( see Isiah Thomas )
exactly

sep11ie
04-29-2014, 11:53 PM
Thanks for dropping by with your ignorance.

No prob. Thanks for dropping your vote on the wrong candidate.

slashsnake
04-29-2014, 11:57 PM
@HeatCheck

Wow... are you just trolling here? Your statements make no sense... Palestines? There are a quarter million palestinians living in America right now...

What's the chinese american song when they were shipped over and worked to death on the railroads? What's their flag look like? What is their nationality?

My family is Irish. They got to America being sold by an English king at a time when Irelands population was cut in less than half by selling the Irish as slaves and shipping them to the new world. Where's my flag? My song? The only reason my family ended up here was because one of my long ago relatives was taken as a child and sold into slavery to an English landowner in Virginia who bred her (the child of a slave was a slave).

Unlike Africa, this wasn't the Irish selling off themselves as slaves (It wasn't like people were getting off the boats to kidnap Africans, they were slaves in africa being sold by their own people).

The only race that has to live with its one time enemy? You do know native Americans live here, Mexicans, Japanese, Germans, Russians... Not just people oppressed, but people from places and time where their sole purpose was killing each other at the time. Remember 90%+ of slaves sent to the new world were sent places NOT in the current US. Why is the US the only country here you think of? What about the carribean? south america? the middle east (slave trade lasted 5 times as long there)? Why not africa itself (had millions of white slaves, and black slaves they kept and sold)?

Have you read a single thing on the topics of world history or geography? You just seem quite uneducated on this topic, looking to start issues over something you don't even have a basic grasp on.

And are you willing to let the Irish, the Chinese, the Native Americans,

DaBear
04-29-2014, 11:58 PM
No prob. Thanks for dropping your vote on the wrong candidate.

I didn't vote for Obama. Your ignorance is shining bright. You must think you're so special retorting with childish remarks.

Snakeyestx
04-29-2014, 11:58 PM
With all the attention on Sterling, who deserved what he got, I thought why is no one talking about Larry Johnson's racist comments? Why is it okay for him to wish for an all black league?

I think what he was basically saying was "Hey, I never want to own an NBA team." :p

lurkinglionsfan
04-30-2014, 12:10 AM
You guys can have Detroit.
😀

Naw man Detroit people are better than that

bucketss
04-30-2014, 12:12 AM
i want one to.

joshhorvath
04-30-2014, 12:12 AM

because people dont care when a black man is racist against whites.. but when a white man goes against a minority.. all hell breaks loose

bucketss
04-30-2014, 12:20 AM
because people dont care when a black man is racist against whites.. but when a white man goes against a minority.. all hell breaks loose

because one group didn't commit the world greatest Atrocities on the other.

DaBear
04-30-2014, 12:23 AM

:facepalm:

ColtsSpursTerps
04-30-2014, 12:35 AM

Don't be an idiot.
I didn't do jack s**t. Especially to fairy johnson

Vinny642
04-30-2014, 12:35 AM

its such a joke

*Superman*
04-30-2014, 12:36 AM
Is he fired yet?

DaBear
04-30-2014, 12:40 AM
Is he fired yet?

Nope, and at this point it looks like his comment won't even be reviewed.

ColtsSpursTerps
04-30-2014, 12:40 AM
Is he fired yet?

I hear how it's different. I get that. But the fact that no one even BATS AN EYE over something like this is really alarming. I see all the Nba player tweets over sterling, I'd like to hear what kind of ignorant crap they have to say when asked about what Johnson said. I bet you they'd give some great material, but no one will ask them, P.C. hypocritical America

edit: nevermind, I had no idea he was a member of NYK executive office. wow. this is bad.

DaBear
04-30-2014, 12:41 AM
I hear how it's different. I get that. But the fact that no one even BATS AN EYE over something like this is really alarming. I see all the Nba player tweets over sterling, I'd like to hear what kind of ignorant crap they have to say when asked about what Johnson said. I bet you they'd give some great material, but no one will ask them, P.C. hypocritical America

Yup. If the NBA really wanted to take a stand against racism, they're not helping their case right now. If you're going to punish an individual for spewing hate, then it must be fair on all accounts. The NBA is a joke.

Kyben36
04-30-2014, 12:42 AM
if this was said, it needs to be adressed just as badly. im a bit tired of racism one way street ****. Black people and spanish people are just as racist as anyone else.

Kyben36
04-30-2014, 12:42 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f3PJF0YE-x4

Avenged
04-30-2014, 12:45 AM
if this was said, it needs to be adressed just as badly. im a bit tired of racism one way street ****. Black people and spanish people are just as racist as anyone else.

Nah. Only if it's white people is it racism.

bucketss
04-30-2014, 12:46 AM

edit: nevermind, I had no idea he was a member of NYK executive office. wow. this is bad.

all black league is not racist -its black people getting together with their people - there is BET is that racist to??? what about black people meet dating sites?

ColtsSpursTerps
04-30-2014, 12:46 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f3PJF0YE-x4

:clap:

DaBear
04-30-2014, 12:47 AM
all black league is not racist -its black people getting together with their people - there is BET is that racist to??? what about black people meet dating sites?

Just reverse the situation. Larry Johnson is white and says that about white people. Do you think it's still okay?

*Superman*
04-30-2014, 12:47 AM

What he said is wrong and idiotic, but the big difference is that what he said didn't directly attack any race. But yeah, I still understand that the NBA should have addressed this also.

DaBear
04-30-2014, 12:52 AM
What he said is wrong and idiotic, but the big difference is that what he said didn't directly attack any race. But yeah, I still understand that the NBA should have addressed this also.

Larry Johnson took advantage of the timing. If this was said at any other point I'm sure the league MIGHT have done something. The NBA doesn't have the balls to bring this up.

bucketss
04-30-2014, 12:52 AM

Just reverse the situation. Larry Johnson is white and says that about white people. Do you think it's still okay?

i can go into it a little more but it might get me banned, i'll just stop here.

DaBear
04-30-2014, 12:53 AM
i can go into it a little more but it might get me banned, i'll just stop here.

Please go further. I'd love to see how this is spun.

*Superman*
04-30-2014, 12:54 AM
Larry Johnson took advantage of the timing. If this was said at any other point I'm sure the league MIGHT have done something. The NBA doesn't have the balls to bring this up.

Also, they don't want to publicize anymore than they have to. This whole Sterling issue has already been big enough, the NBA's image took a shot. Best to just sweep it under the rug.

QueensG_718
04-30-2014, 12:59 AM
At times like this I wish the chapelle show was still going on. He would of come up with some funny **** lol

DaBear
04-30-2014, 01:02 AM
Also, they don't want to publicize anymore than they have to. This whole Sterling issue has already been big enough, the NBA's image took a shot. Best to just sweep it under the rug.

No doubt about it. However, I think the NBA would have made a bigger statement by at least acknowledging his comments. Maybe they'll wait for the buzz from the Sterling incident to die down and eventually do something, but I highly doubt it. The fact that an NBA executive can get away with that is just bs.

Nick O
04-30-2014, 01:20 AM
all black. ... and Kyle Korver. his stroke too fresh

rapsoncha
04-30-2014, 01:22 AM
It is equally racist as sterlings comments.http://goo.gl/12qZA1

Kyben36
04-30-2014, 01:26 AM

I know this was sacastic but i think that this is the most racist thing of all. Only white people get accused of being racist which is complete bull sit.

I have many spanish friends in florida, and let me just say, they are more racist against themselves than anyone else. every spanish country hates one another, if you call any type of spanish person who isnt mexican a mexican, they get totaly offended because Mexicans are the lowest of the low.

black people are racist as hell too. just against everyone who isnt black, if anything happends to a black person, its amazing how they uproar like a ****ing nazi ragime. see the innocent Trayvon martin, or this incident. its amazing how they all rally together

can i just say one other thing, Sterling specifically mentioned Spanish people in his private talk with his wife as well, and yet, i have heard not a single spanish person complain about him, you know why, because spanish people arnt stupid enough to care what one single white person thinks, they have bigger things to deal with. like the **** going on in Venezuela.

Kyben36
04-30-2014, 01:29 AM

all racist bro, it just is. and you cant argue other wise. by excluding a race or including only one you are saying that you are not equal but better.

the Ku Klux Klan isnt racist then because its just a bunch of white guys trying to show Pride in their race.

Avenged
04-30-2014, 01:31 AM

I know this was sacastic but i think that this is the most racist thing of all. Only white people get accused of being racist which is complete bull sit.

I have many spanish friends in florida, and let me just say, they are more racist against themselves than anyone else. every spanish country hates one another, if you call any type of spanish person who isnt mexican a mexican, they get totaly offended because Mexicans are the lowest of the low.

black people are racist as hell too. just against everyone who isnt black, if anything happends to a black person, its amazing how they uproar like a ****ing nazi ragime. see the innocent Trayvon martin, or this incident. its amazing how they all rally together

can i just say one other thing, Sterling specifically mentioned Spanish people in his private talk with his wife as well, and yet, i have heard not a single spanish person complain about him, you know why, because spanish people arnt stupid enough to care what one single white person thinks, they have bigger things to deal with. like the **** going on in Venezuela.

Not sarcasm.

IKnowHoops
04-30-2014, 01:34 AM
I 100% disagree with what Larry said. I believe that we are all people, and that we shouldn't even care about color. I'm black and my best friends are white and black and mexican. My homies are white and black and mexican. Ive fought white and black and mexican. Ive been jumped by white and black and mexican. I don't care what color you are. I don't judge anyone from color. Ive been sucker punched by a black dude and my boy who was was white was the first person in. If I had to put my life on the line, I know I can call my white homie Chris and hell be pretty much ready to die with me. Screw color.

That all being said, black people in general are always reminded that there are enough people with power that don't think our race is equal. And when it comes to power in this country, White people have 99% of it and the rest of the races are fighting for that 1%. Without sports, there is a chance Black people don't even have equal rights right now. Because of this unequal balance of power, Black people as a hole want insurance. They want more, they need more because of the all of the people in this world like Donald Sterling. Sterling effects lives. LJ and Snoop Dogg don not. Now if Obama were to say some crap like Sterling, thats when stuff gets sick. I'd be scared of what may happen next. But its the power struggle that LJ is referring to and as a minority that is shown time and time again by the people with power that they think of us as a lower life form, its very scary.

So yes what Larry did say was wrong and it was racist, but its out of fear of a bigger picture that minorities face. Think about it. Mexicans have to worry about the police coming in there homes and shipping loved ones off. But America was founded on white immigrants from other places coming in. I wish all races just looked at each other as people, but thats not the case. And each group has a different set of worries. A white person doesn't worry about the same things as Black people. A Black person doesn't worry about the same things as a mexican. And so on and so forth.

I really believe the only way at this point is the way Dr. King did it, and that is peace and love and always doing the right thing. We don't need to fight fire with fire anymore because there are enough white people that want the same thing as black people now. I think back in the Huey Newton and Malcom X days, there was a time to fight. But now Sterling has made himself look like the biggest anus ever, and all black people have to do is show more compassion and white people will police themselves. They will destroy the racists without us getting involved, just like Adam Silver just did.

So in the end, as I understand where LJ is coming from, he is wrong. Things probably won't be 100% equal in our lifetime, but through love and compassion, one day it will. And the talk of any race getting its own anything will just slow that progress down.

interceptionboy
04-30-2014, 01:57 AM
Business as usual in ANTI-White NBA

IKnowHoops
04-30-2014, 02:10 AM
Business as usual in ANTI-White NBA

Got nada to do with color, and everything to do with game.

DaBear
04-30-2014, 02:11 AM
Got nada to do with color, and everything to do with game.

Well, the more time LJ's comments go unnoticed, the more hypocritical the NBA looks.

Qwertys
04-30-2014, 02:32 AM
Honestly what this guy said was just as bad. Gotta love the blatant double standard this country has when it comes to racism.

IKnowHoops
04-30-2014, 05:12 AM
Honestly what this guy said was just as bad. Gotta love the blatant double standard this country has when it comes to racism.

As I stated in a previous thread, The more power, the more responsibility, the more consequence.
All the black people that say anything are basically scrubs. Noone is mad at Mel Gibson's rant cause he isn't controlling anything Black people care about. In fact were giving him a pass cause he's friends with Danny glover. If Obama said something like that, he'd get crucified literally. He'd take it much worse than Sterling, not because he is black, but because the more power, the more responsibility, the more consequence.

Name me a guy on Sterlings power level who is Black that has said something like that. All these black dudes are less than Mel Gibson level, and like I said Mel went off and not one black guy cares. We don't care about Paula Dean...we even came to Paula Dean's defense like, common lets not be to cruel here, we don't care about homeboy on Seinfeld either. Its all about power levels bro. Understand?

lurkinglionsfan
04-30-2014, 05:45 AM
As I stated in a previous thread, The more power, the more responsibility, the more consequence.
All the black people that say anything are basically scrubs. Noone is mad at Mel Gibson's rant cause he isn't controlling anything Black people care about. In fact were giving him a pass cause he's friends with Danny glover. If Obama said something like that, he'd get crucified literally. He'd take it much worse than Sterling, not because he is black, but because the more power, the more responsibility, the more consequence.

Name me a guy on Sterlings power level who is Black that has said something like that. All these black dudes are less than Mel Gibson level, and like I said Mel went off and not one black guy cares. We don't care about Paula Dean...we even came to Paula Dean's defense like, common lets not be to cruel here, we don't care about homeboy on Seinfeld either. Its all about power levels bro. Understand?

But see that isn't the point if it's racist for one it is for all the Seinfeld thing when that happened aot of people I know where pissed ( no matter the color) cause he was on tv and it set a bad example same with Paula Dean, and Mel Gibson don't count cause he is a moron who rants on anything but still thought it was bad .....the point is if I said or the president of some big corporation it's still the same words just different people ... What he said was racist am I mad Naw but really race should not be a issues in today's society but sadly it is and will more than likely that won't ever change

Goose17
04-30-2014, 05:56 AM
How would you even decide who is classed as black and who isn't? Are you going to have some sort of colour chart like the ones you get with paint at a DIY store?

Maybe we should just rearrange the league...

Curry and Blake, you're going to the light skinned division.
Nash and Dirk, you're going to the white boy division.
Garnett you're going to the DARKNESS division.

I mean come on...

MagicBucsSox
04-30-2014, 06:12 AM
Your all crying "oh only whites get in trouble for racial comments" boo who, so why did espn fired Rob Parker again? Exactly. Hush. LJ I can assure you said this bc blacks are tired of making white America billions on billions and then a sterling, or a cooper or "we're not smart enough to be a coach or a QB", or the comments about charlie strong, like I can go forever bc it's happen forever. And white America takes a comment like this and blows it out of proportion to whine about it. Just so you can think "it's an even scale". Never .

Barkley Ernie Johnson numerous white reporters,and anyone with a brain calls it a "black league" bc it's simply says the employees are over 80% black. That's all. Stop crying.

MagicBucsSox
04-30-2014, 06:14 AM

Double standard huh, why was Rob Parker fired again? You done?

Kenny Powders
04-30-2014, 06:16 AM
Your all crying "oh only whites get in trouble for racial comments" boo who, so why did espn fired Rob Parker again? Exactly. Hush. LJ I can assure you said this bc blacks are tired of making white America billions on billions and then a sterling, or a cooper or "we're not smart enough to be a coach or a QB", or the comments about charlie strong, like I can go forever bc it's happen forever. And white America takes a comment like this and blows it out of proportion to whine about it. Just so you can think "it's an even scale". Never .

Barkley Ernie Johnson numerous white reporters,and anyone with a brain calls it a "black league" bc it's simply says the employees are over 80% black. That's all. Stop crying.

Boo who, who?

Crackadalic
04-30-2014, 06:22 AM
All I know is he better clear up what he says before this really gets big

slashsnake
04-30-2014, 07:04 AM
Boo who, who?

I think he's the Hugh Douglas wannabe

MagicBucsSox
04-30-2014, 07:10 AM
I think he's the Hugh Douglas wannabe

See when you get the real spoken it's turned into a joke, or brushed off. I'm nobody's wannabe. Just a Dominican who believes in fairness for all but I'm. A realist and been through and seen a lot.

redhorse
04-30-2014, 07:39 AM
What I hate about this its now becomming a race war and ppl want more just cause of one person and now all these other issues are coming up...they might as well cancel the games.....and non blacks are viewed now as racist... and I hate when ppl act like its the 50 60s... u kno its disrespectful to guys like jackie and russell...guys who had it muchhhh worse...

And imo if u insert any other race besides black... u guys think it would recieve any media coverage?...I bet if he said asian most of ppl here would laugh and it would be on espns not so top ten list....

Sure there is racism out there but its not just exclusive to blacks... heck look it up... look wat other races has to deal with...some race gets it not from just white ppl but from black ppl as well...like barkley said black ppl are racist too

smood999
04-30-2014, 08:13 AM
I actually don't think Larry Johnson is a Knicks "executive"...he's more of a representative like John Starks. They just make public appearances and help with some charitable programs. He doesn't do anything basketball wise for the Knicks. This could be a reason why no one is looking at it.

limebalz05
04-30-2014, 10:01 AM

Then BUY an NBA franchise!!! White owners are not saying that their franchises are not for sale!!!!

Every owner has a price!!!!

United States provides the opportunity of a free market system! If black players are so mad that there are not any black owners then pony their millions together and buy a franchise from a white owner.

The public should not just GIVE someone a franchise because they think it's unfare. This isn't food stamps!

Tony_Starks
04-30-2014, 10:07 AM
Thread title is misleading and he didn't say that btw. Not that it matters. There's a obvious agenda here.

Carry on.

Tony_Starks
04-30-2014, 10:12 AM
Then BUY an NBA franchise!!! White owners are not saying that their franchises are not for sale!!!!

Every owner has a price!!!!

United States provides the opportunity of a free market system! If black players are so mad that there are not any black owners then pony their millions together and buy a franchise from a white owner.

The public should not just GIVE someone a franchise because they think it's unfare. This isn't food stamps!

Ummm that's what LJ is saying. Instead of being outraged get your own franchise and be a boss instead of a worker.

If people weren't so busy suffering from PWMS ( Poor White Man Syndrome) they'd be able to see the context of what he's saying.

BigCityofDreams
04-30-2014, 10:14 AM
all racist bro, it just is. and you cant argue other wise. by excluding a race or including only one you are saying that you are not equal but better.

the Ku Klux Klan isnt racist then because its just a bunch of white guys trying to show Pride in their race.

So BET and black dating sites would be considered racist? You realize those platforms were created because the black community was ignored and overlooked right. Ppl realize there is nothing excluding someone from working at BET or signing up to black dating sites right.

Hangtime
04-30-2014, 11:08 AM
Black dating sites may cater to blacks but they don't ban or prohibit people of all races from joining the site if they choose so. And BET programming may cater to blacks but the network has always provided and offered employment and opportunity to all races if they desired to work for the network. There was a purpose to why such entities were started in the first place given that there were few outlets for many minorities to participate. But it is not exclusive.

Im surprised some of you don't boycott the NAACP. What was its purpose?

slashsnake
04-30-2014, 11:44 AM

I guess handing out lifetime achievement awards to Donald Sterling haha

BigCityofDreams
04-30-2014, 11:55 AM
Black dating sites may cater to blacks but they don't ban or prohibit people of all races from joining the site if they choose so. And BET programming may cater to blacks but the network has always provided and offered employment and opportunity to all races if they desired to work for the network. There was a purpose to why such entities were started in the first place given that there were few outlets for many minorities to participate. But it is not exclusive.

I bet most ppl don't know there were white members of NAACP when it was established. Hell there are white members of the institution today. If black ppl were really about excluding others wouldn't we ban other races from joining those platforms.

DaBear
04-30-2014, 12:06 PM
It's funny because Larry Johnson is essentially saying "I don't want white people." Nothing wrong with it though...

Tony_Starks
04-30-2014, 12:14 PM
It's funny because Larry Johnson is essentially saying "I don't want white people." Nothing wrong with it though...

Please show me where the white race is singled out in his statement about black people. Please.

MonroeFAN
04-30-2014, 12:15 PM
How many poorly educated "realists" does Prosportsdaily need?

DaBear
04-30-2014, 12:19 PM
Please show me where the white race is singled out in his statement about black people. Please.

You can choose to be naive, but we all know what he meant by his comments. The timing didn't help his case either.

Tony_Starks
04-30-2014, 12:29 PM
You can choose to be naive, but we all know what he meant by his comments. The timing didn't help his case either.

I know what he meant, apparently you don't. He was talking about WE not Whites. He was talking about black empowerment. But lets pretend your misguided assumption was true it still wouldn't single out whites, that would mean he was talking about excluding every race but black. So any way you look at it you don't have a leg to stand on. But go on and push your "blacks get to be racist against whites and get away witn it" agenda because that's clearly all you're doing.

Also what he said addresses no race except his own, and is open to interpretation. Sterlings on the other hand specifically targeted a race by name, is clear cut, and is consistent with his racist actions for years.

See any difference there?

Stunner
04-30-2014, 12:33 PM
Larry didn't say anything wrong lol

DaBear
04-30-2014, 12:34 PM
I know what he meant, apparently you don't. He was talking about WE not Whites. He was talking about black empowerment. But lets pretend your misguided assumption was true it still wouldn't single out whites, that would mean he was talking about excluding every race but black. So any way you look at it you don't have a leg to stand on. But go on and push your "blacks get to be racist against whites and get away witn it" agenda because that's clearly all you're doing.

Also what he said addresses no race except his own, and is open to interpretation. Sterlings on the other hand specifically targeted a race by name, is clear cut, and is consistent with his racist actions for years.

Ahh..open to interpretation. Let's just replace black with white in his comments and see where that gets us, shall we?

Besides, what's the difference between a black league, a restroom for blacks only, a water fountain for blacks only?

Anyways, you're clearly beating around the bush. We know he's upset at the fact that most NBA execs are white. The point is his racist comments are not going to help anything. All he showed is that he's a bigot and unfortunately will get away with it.

MonroeFAN
04-30-2014, 12:35 PM

Way to argue semantics. Whites make up what percentage of the universe? It's not nearly as blatant of a statement as Sterling made, it's still foolish.

Robbw241
04-30-2014, 12:43 PM
This is definitely the best place for a racial debate. A sports forum, keep going guys! You're making real progress :flag:

flea
04-30-2014, 12:45 PM

I agree, and neither did Donald Sterling. If people want to have inane viewpoints I say let them! Segregated basketball leagues? Good job buddy! Black and white people that do not stand next to each other for photographs? Excellent work!

MonroeFAN
04-30-2014, 12:45 PM
Not sure that I would call this a racial debate. The racism is taken out of this equation already, Sterling is gone and Larry Johnson is clearly a moron. We're just debating what he's trying to say.

Tony_Starks
04-30-2014, 12:48 PM

Nah man, he's the new Reverand Wright! Blatantly promoting hatred of the white race with no repercussions! He's a reverse racist. I bet in his spare time he burns flags and plots with other radicals to start a revolution and overthrow "the man!"

I'm shocked Silver didn't address his blatantly racist remarks yesterday but what do you expect? Those damn blacks get away with racism left and right and nobody cries for the poor white man.

First Blackpeoplemeet.com and now this, when will it stop!!!!

MonroeFAN
04-30-2014, 12:50 PM
well best of luck with your all black basketball league guys.

Stunner
04-30-2014, 12:51 PM
Nah man, he's the new Reverand Wright! Blatantly promoting hatred of the white race with no repercussions! He's a reverse racist. I bet in his spare time he burns flags and plots with other radicals to start a revolution and overthrow "the man!"

I'm shocked Silver didn't address his blatantly racist remarks yesterday but what do you expect? Those damn blacks get away with racism left and right and nobody cries for the poor white man.

First Blackpeoplemeet.com and now this, when will it stop!!!!

MTV has to sue BET

BigCityofDreams
04-30-2014, 12:52 PM

Do ppl actually believe if there was an all black league they would tell white ppl not to join?? Lol, so you can join the NAACP, black dating sites, BET, HBCUs and other platforms but a black league no way no how lmao.

Stunner
04-30-2014, 12:52 PM
Do ppl actually believe if there was an all black league they would tell white ppl not to join?? Lol, so you can join the NAACP, black dating sites, BET, HBCUs and other platforms but a black league no way no how lmao.

Yes they actually believe that

Stunner
04-30-2014, 12:54 PM
If there was a new league with black owners it would just be an AFL type of league . A lot of Failed lottery picks . former College stars and Gilbert Arenas .

Tony_Starks
04-30-2014, 12:58 PM

They really really believe that. Shows how little they actually know about black people because brothas would still give some other players a black pass.

Birdman? Yeah your good. Luke Walton? For sho! Dirk...wait you got a black wife right? MY ninja!!!!!!

MonroeFAN
04-30-2014, 01:01 PM
ha, you guys are alright.

Stunner
04-30-2014, 01:02 PM
They really really believe that. Shows how little they actually know about black people because brothas would still give some other players a black pass.

Birdman? Yeah your good. Luke Walton? For sho! Dirk...wait you got a black wife right? MY ninja!!!!!!

" the professor you wanna run point ? Come on you in "

DaBear
04-30-2014, 01:02 PM
I agree, and neither did Donald Sterling. If people want to have inane viewpoints I say let them! Segregated basketball leagues? Good job buddy! Black and white people that do not stand next to each other for photographs? Excellent work!

But it's "open to interpretation" :rolleyes:

The Ooh Child
04-30-2014, 01:18 PM
I could be wrong, given how poorly the statement was typed and the brevity of it, but I thought he was just saying let's fight disenfranchisement of black people in a game dominated by black people rather than saying like "ew, get me away from these white people".

Kenny Powders
04-30-2014, 01:19 PM
The IQ level in this thread is borderline grade 4

hugepatsfan
04-30-2014, 01:19 PM
I just don't think there's any room for racism from any party. I recognize the history of our country - I don't fault an African American for feeling that to some extent they are still oppressed. But there is a line where pass over from understandable skepticism to being a racist yourself. If you walk around thinking that every white man is out to get you and that all of us have a plantation mentality then you're a racist yourself. You're assuming negative things about another's character because of the color of their skin. Racism is a learned behavior. It's not a natural characteristic of whites, blacks, hispanics, asians or any other race. I'm not claiming that the white man is oppressed by African Americans being racist (at least not on a large scale) but that doesn't mean that there's a place for it in society.

BigCityofDreams
04-30-2014, 01:21 PM

Insanity, but I think it's more of a tit for tat kind of thing. I was listening to a NY radio station and a number of the callers brought up the LJ situation and Jay-z. "But he owns the Nets and sits court side and is apart of the 5 % Nation where is the outrage"

Stunner
04-30-2014, 01:22 PM
Smh Jay Z doesn't even own the nets anymore