PDA

View Full Version : I thought the Pacers were going to finally knock the Heat out of the playoffs?

Kushed
04-28-2014, 09:47 PM
Down 30.

This might be one of the worst falls from grace I have ever seen.

Miami could possibly have their most dominant post season run yet. If Toronto beats Brooklyn they will cake walk to the finals and then destroy the opponent because the WC playoffs will be just too grueling.

Cue Miami Heat 3 peat

goingfor28
04-28-2014, 09:50 PM
Maybe not 3 peat but a super easy road to the Finals

Kushed
04-28-2014, 09:52 PM
Maybe not 3 peat but a super easy road to the Finals

That super easy road to the finals equates to rest!!! Which is a huge advantage against the oppenent. Add in LeBrons hunger for a 3rd, I don't see anyone else winning. The Spurs look weak, the Clippers have this huge thing hanging over their heads, the Thunder look vulnerable.... I mean everyone else is falling apart other than Miami.. And then only get strong the deeper they go

king4day
04-28-2014, 09:53 PM
If Brooklyn loses to Toronto, then I agree. But the Nets, even if they lose, will give the Heat all they can handle.

Also, Atlanta/Washington could be the most entertaining matchup in the east this season.

sportsfan222
04-28-2014, 09:55 PM
obviously miami is the team to beat as they always were, but dont sleep on the raptors or wizards, they can deff put up a fight.

wades health is also an issue, lets see how he holds up later on.

cmellofan15
04-28-2014, 09:57 PM
whichever team ends up winning is the better match up. I'm not really on board with the whole "-insert potential loser here- against Miami would be a better match up". I believe, in a seven game series the winner will always prove to be a better match up in the coming rounds.

JordansBulls
04-28-2014, 09:58 PM
Down 30.

Miami could possibly have their most dominant post season run yet. If Toronto beats Brooklyn they will cake walk to the finals and then destroy the opponent because the WC playoffs will be just too grueling.

Cue Miami Heat 3 peat

If Miami has no challenge to the finals then what happens when they lose a game or 2 in them? They might not know how to overcome it while the west teams will be used to doing so in this playoffs.

bucketss
04-28-2014, 10:00 PM
Toronto still getting disrespected.

Kushed
04-28-2014, 10:01 PM
If Miami has no challenge to the finals then what happens when they lose a game or 2 in them? They might not know how to overcome it while the west teams will be used to doing so in this playoffs.

Because them losing a game this year or last is no different. Their roster is virtually identical to the past couple of years. Their cohesiveness as a unit is off the charts and they've lost plenty of big playoff games before so them not "knowing how to respond" is laughable

Kushed

It's not disrespect. They are a fun team to watch. They'll still get shat on though.

still1ballin
I don't think any team has had such an easy path to the finals than the heat

jerellh528
04-28-2014, 10:05 PM
The heat has some good luck man. Opponents stars constantly injured, or random *** implosions. Heat catch big breaks on their finals runs. Can't blame them for seizing the opportunity though, I wish the lakers played in the east sometimes

GodsSon
Let's not write off the Pacers just yet though.

If they win Game 6, I'll still pick them to win Game 7; and despite their struggles, they match up very well with Miami.

Can't Stop Me
They need Bynum.

Kushed
04-28-2014, 10:07 PM

If they win Game 6, I'll still pick them to win Game 7; and despite their struggles, they match up very well with Miami.

They match up well with Miami when Hibbert doesn't play like he has a dookie sticking half way out of his *******. Even if Indiana beats ATL which is highly unlikely at this point, the Heat could very well sweep Indiana with how terribly they are playing. Paul George jumped off the deep end too.

JordansBulls
04-28-2014, 10:09 PM
I don't any team has had such an easy path to the finals than the heat

87 title run? 37, 39, and 42 win opponents.

GodsSon
04-28-2014, 10:11 PM
They match up well with Miami when Hibbert doesn't play like he has a dookie sticking half way out of his *******. Even if Indiana beats ATL which is highly unlikely at this point, the Heat could very well sweep Indiana with how terribly they are playing. Paul George jumped off the deep end too.

It's not that unlikely man.

They just have to win 1 game on the road and then not **** the bed at home in Game 7. Lot's of teams have had 1st round scares only to get stronger as the playoffs went on.

The Celtics in 08 and 09 immediately come to mind.

EDIT: The lead is now down to 15 with just under 10 mins to go in the 4th. Lots of time left.

Kushed
04-28-2014, 10:12 PM
It's not that unlikely man.

They just have to win 1 game on the road and then not **** the bed at home in Game 7. Lot's of teams have had 1st round scares only to get stronger as the playoffs went on.

The Celtics in 08 and 09 immediately come to mind.

The difference is those teams hadn't been laying eggs for months prior

bucketss
04-28-2014, 10:13 PM
It's not disrespect. They are a fun team to watch. They'll still get shat on though.

we're not the bobcats.

bucketss
04-28-2014, 10:15 PM
87 title run? 37, 39, and 42 win opponents.

who won 87?

Lakers + Giants
04-28-2014, 10:18 PM
who won 87?

Lakers beat Cs.

*Superman*
04-28-2014, 10:23 PM

Exactly. You play like this versus Miami, you will be down not 30, but 60.

GiantsSwaGG
04-28-2014, 11:02 PM
Hibbert is playing like Michael Olowokandi

Cal827
04-28-2014, 11:05 PM
Sure ain't no Rainbow Road for Miami, that's for sure.

Then again, Rainbow Road is pretty much the only road for winner of the Western Conference lol

Cal827
04-28-2014, 11:07 PM

As a fellow die-hard Raptor fan.... we will get destroyed by them. Brooklyn has a bit better chance, but I think they'll get thrashed too.

I hope you all tune in Wednesday for the Episode 5 of "Who gets ****ed by Miami in the Second Round?"

*Superman*
04-28-2014, 11:09 PM
Hibbert is playing like Michael Olowokandi

Dude, that's just wrong...

Don't disrespect Olowokandi like that.

TheMightyHumph
04-28-2014, 11:11 PM
Down 30.

Cue Miami Heat 3 peat

You mean the way the Pacers were supposed to have a cakewalk over the Hawks?

cmellofan15
04-28-2014, 11:12 PM
Sure ain't no Rainbow Road for Miami, that's for sure.

Then again, Rainbow Road is pretty much the only road for winner of the Western Conference lol

I hated rainbow road so much haha

zn23
04-28-2014, 11:30 PM
Well no one expected Roy Hibbert would become the worst player in the NBA.

still1ballin
04-28-2014, 11:32 PM
Kwame brown > hibbert

Jarvo
04-28-2014, 11:37 PM
http://m.bleacherreport.com/articles/2044840-heckler-gets-all-over-paul-george-for-complaining-to-refs?utm_source=facebook.com&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=programming-national?is_shared=true

Lmao!

Tmath
04-28-2014, 11:38 PM
If the Raps get past the Nets... Raps in 4.

goingfor28
04-29-2014, 12:13 AM
http://m.bleacherreport.com/articles/2044840-heckler-gets-all-over-paul-george-for-complaining-to-refs?utm_source=facebook.com&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=programming-national?is_shared=true

Lmao!

:laugh:

therealwd27
04-29-2014, 12:41 AM

Lmao!

Lmao! Dead😂

FriedTofuz
04-29-2014, 12:46 AM
@buckets.

There's no way the raptors are beating miami, they might put up a fight in 6 games ,but there's no way the heat willl lose to the raptors

The heat are going to get to the NBA finals easily. There are teams in the western conference like Houston and OKC who will lose in the first round that could've dethroned the heat.

HuRRiCaNeS324
04-29-2014, 12:50 AM
@buckets.

There's no way the raptors are beating miami, they might put up a fight in 6 games ,but there's no way the heat willl lose to the raptors

The heat are going to get to the NBA finals easily. There are teams in the western conference like Houston and OKC who will lose in the first round that could've dethroned the heat.

Houston? LMFAO sure bro

OKC would obviously give us of fight, but i think we match up perfectly with them.

therealwd27
04-29-2014, 12:55 AM
@buckets.

The rockets? wtf lol

HuRRiCaNeS324
04-29-2014, 12:56 AM
To the people that are saying its such an easy road to the playoffs....

It's only easy because the Heat are that good. It doesn't look too easy for the #1 seeded Pacers, or the Nets, or the Bulls. I'm not saying the east is stacked, but i find it hilarious how people are so quick to discount the Heat's Finals run and we're only in the 1st round.

cmellofan15
04-29-2014, 01:01 AM
Go Hawks!

effen5
04-29-2014, 01:01 AM

It's only easy because the Heat are that good. It doesn't look too easy for the #1 seeded Pacers, or the Nets, or the Bulls. I'm not saying the east is stacked, but i find it hilarious how people are so quick to discount the Heat's Finals run and we're only in the 1st round.

Or maybe because the east is that bad?

Kushed
04-29-2014, 01:03 AM

I made this thread and I'm not discounting it at all. You're right, they are that good. I was saying it could be their most dominant postseason yet (record wise)

P&GRealist
04-29-2014, 01:03 AM
2nd rd will have Spurs-Blazers, Clippers-OKC, Heat-Raptors, Wizards-Hawks.

I think

effen5
04-29-2014, 01:05 AM
2nd rd will have Spurs-Blazers, Clippers-OKC, Heat-Raptors, Wizards-Hawks.

I think

lmfao...wiz v hawks, nobody is going to watch that ****.

HuRRiCaNeS324
04-29-2014, 01:12 AM

They're THAT bad because of injuries.

Chicago is a top 2 seed with D Rose
Atlanta is a 5th/6th seed with Hortford

Both those teams would give the Heat problems and i guess we're lucky enough not to face them full strength. But the Heat manage their minutes well enough to keep us healthy for the entire season, which is something that isn't praised enough.

Also, although they didn't have to go through injuries, i think the Pacers fall has a lot to do with fatigue. Vogel ran their *** to the ground from the beginning to get HCA over the Heat in the ECF and now it's biting them in the ***.

P&GRealist
04-29-2014, 01:13 AM

2 exciting young teams. Better than heat-cats that's for sure.

goingfor28
04-29-2014, 01:22 AM

Yup. East sucks other than Miami. Not their fault though

goingfor28
04-29-2014, 01:22 AM

I will

Chrisclover
04-29-2014, 01:24 AM
Pacers could be another joke, by struggling in the 1st round as the 1st seed. But they are more laughable than their counterparts like 2011 Spurs and 2012 Bulls, because they are beaten by themselves, not the injuries, to be more concrete, by the sudden evaporation of their terrific chemistry, which has a lot to do with:
1.the trade involving the swap between Granger and Turner ,which opened the door for the conflict between Turner and Stephenson.We dont know what exactly happened to them and triggered the fight, but it is certain that they didnt have enough to know each well.let's hope they can put aside their fights at this moment.
2.a slew of scandals featured by Paul George 's catfish incident and his reportedly 3P with Hibbert and another girl.(I know it is just a rumor but I guess there shall be something behind it ?)

At this juncture, Scola, who was amnestied by Suns, is a surprise in this series. When Hibbert backed off, he stood up against the opponent. If the Suns had not released him, he wouldn't be a Pacer right now, then probably the Pacers would be done after this loss?
God bless you, Pacers.

effen5
04-29-2014, 01:32 AM
Pacers struggling should not be a surprise. I think in the last 29 games, they went 15-14 while the Hawks went 14-15. Pacers maxed out in the beginning of the season.

effen5
04-29-2014, 01:33 AM
Yup. East sucks other than Miami. Not their fault though

It really isn't their fault but it doesn't change the fact that they have the easiest route to the NBA finals. I can't remember the last time a team had an easy route like the Heat does.

sunnydayin'zona
04-29-2014, 02:10 AM
Pacers could be another joke, by struggling in the 1st round as the 1st seed. But they are more laughable than their counterparts like 2011 Spurs and 2012 Bulls, because they are beaten by themselves, not the injuries, to be more concrete, by the sudden evaporation of their terrific chemistry, which has a lot to do with:
1.the trade involving the swap between Granger and Turner ,which opened the door for the conflict between Turner and Stephenson.We dont know what exactly happened to them and triggered the fight, but it is certain that they didnt have enough to know each well.let's hope they can put aside their fights at this moment.
2.a slew of scandals featured by Paul George 's catfish incident and his reportedly 3P with Hibbert and another girl.(I know it is just a rumor but I guess there shall be something behind it ?)

At this juncture, Scola, who was amnestied by Suns, is a surprise in this series. When Hibbert backed off, he stood up against the opponent. If the Suns had not released him, he wouldn't be a Pacer right now, then probably the Pacers would be done after this loss?
God bless you, Pacers.

Suns didn't release Scola. Pacers traded Plumlee+Green+1st Round Pick for Scola

HuRRiCaNeS324
04-29-2014, 02:15 AM
Suns didn't release Scola. Pacers traded Plumlee+Green+1st Round Pick for Scola

Wow i forgot about that lol. They ****ed up on that trade, holy ****.

Plumlee looks like a serviceable center and Green revitalized his career.

With that trade, the Granger/Turner trade, and the Bynum signing, their GM has some explaining to do lol. Those are horrible moves. The latter two might of cost them a chance at a title.

beasted86
04-29-2014, 08:50 AM
Down 30.

Cue Miami Heat 3 peat

When has an elite team got destroyed because they were tired? Must not be very elite, because I've never seen it happen. A true elite team should never get "destroyed", so this must mean Miami is the only elite team and would win the title regardless of the path of opponents.

pebloemer
04-29-2014, 09:23 AM
Spurs or Clippers could beat Miami in the finals in my opinion. I don't buy the " beaten up" argument. Miami's schedule through the East looks very breezy though. Still more games to be played in the East before it all shakes out though.

therealwd27
04-29-2014, 10:04 AM
Spurs or Clippers could beat Miami in the finals in my opinion. I don't buy the " beaten up" argument. Miami's schedule through the East looks very breezy though. Still more games to be played in the East before it all shakes out though.

If anyone else but the Spurs make the finals, over in 5.

Spurs only team that can actually beat them and push to 7

pebloemer
04-29-2014, 10:24 AM

I think the Clippers could be a very tough matchup for the Heat as well, but we can agree to disagree on that if you want. I'd love to see a Heat/SAS rematch. That is assuming my Raptors get ousted at some point (safe assumption).

mdm692
04-29-2014, 10:56 AM
@buckets.

Lol @ Houston. Portland and Clippers have a better chance than Houston. Obviously SAS and I would even throw in the Memphis Grizzlies due to match ups. Golden St has a diminutive chance but Klay and Curry would need to go in one of those NBA Jam like streaks to do so and even then it would be a long shot.

t_money25
04-29-2014, 11:02 AM

They're just getting their excuses out early. Smh

ILLUSIONIST^248
04-29-2014, 11:06 AM
Down 30.

Cue Miami Heat 3 peat

I've been saying over and over that the Heat have the easiest road to a three peat for any team In History. It's a travesty really. The spurs and thunder have to fight for their lives every game while the heat play high school jv teams. This rub couldn't be any more watered down.

AIMelo=KillaDUO
04-29-2014, 11:06 AM

We've already seen what happens when they've gone down. They've trailed at some point in the Finals in each of their title runs...

LeBron said something that stood out to me last night. He said he felt that Miami has gotten better each game... That's scary.

goingfor28
04-29-2014, 11:08 AM
We've already seen what happens when they've gone down. They've trailed at some point in the Finals in each of their title runs...

LeBron said something that stood out to me last night. He said he felt that Miami has gotten better each game... That's scary.

What do you expect him to say?

AIMelo=KillaDUO
04-29-2014, 11:08 AM
I agree w therealwd27 San Antonio is the only team who stands a legit chance to beat Miami.

Crackadalic
04-29-2014, 11:25 AM
The only team with a legit shot against the heat is the spurs and clippers.

AIMelo=KillaDUO
04-29-2014, 02:21 PM
What do you expect him to say?

I don't understand your question? What do you mean what did I expect him to say? I don't expect him to say anything... Do you talk out your *** when asked something? If they weren't getting better, I woulda expect him to answer the question by sayin "I wasn't satisfied with our performance this round, we have a long way to go to get where we wanna be."

AIMelo=KillaDUO
04-29-2014, 02:22 PM
The only team with a legit shot against the heat is the spurs and clippers.

lolzzzz

hoosiercubsfan
04-29-2014, 04:15 PM

No the proverbial fat lady is warming up her voice as we speak. The Pacers are simply proving to be a weak team. They have been unable to handle the pressure of being the chosen team to knock off the Heat. I have little doubt at all that at this point Vogel is absolutely coaching for his job. And that his insistence of sticking with the same starting 5 not changing anything after being proven time and time again they cannot hang with the Hawks no matter how much more talented they are will likely cost him his job at the end of this series.

I have zero faith that this team has the balls to sack up and actually play with any intensity. Or that Vogel will finally see that people like Copeland need to be in the game. He has been so thoroughly out coached in this series that you could have gone and picked up an AAU coach and gotten as much production out of them from the coaching standpoint. I mean how many times does he have to be embarrassed by the Hawks before realizing what they are doing is not working regardless of whether or not that is what got them there. Vogel is a great coach and will be very good wherever he ends up if he is in fact fired. Though he is going to need a veteran team that will police themselves. He is to much of a players coach unwilling to rip his players when they deserve it. Losing Brian Shaw last off season was a huge blow to that coaching staff even if they won't admit to it.

Matching up with Miami sounds good but the reality is they won't even sniff the ECF after getting dropped in the first round. I honestly believe there will be wholesale changes to the Pacers if/when they lose this series. To be honest at this point I am just happy I didn't pay money to go downtown last night and watch that garbage that they called a game. Hell I turned it off for much of the 3rd quarter and followed it on ESPN.

RulerSlick
04-29-2014, 05:32 PM

cosign 100%

Devster3
04-29-2014, 06:03 PM
I follow Miami and I hope they win the finals,

with that being said Miami's biggest weakness is from beyond the arc, So I honestly think a tough match up would be against Golden State Warriors. If they end up making the finals they space the floor so well, but then again not sure how well they will hold up in a 7 game series against Lebron.

DitchDat
04-29-2014, 06:29 PM
I really don't understand what's going on with them. The Hawks are pesky, but the Pacers are better than this. Or at least they should be.

RulerSlick
04-29-2014, 06:40 PM
I follow Miami and I hope they win the finals,

with that being said Miami's biggest weakness is from beyond the arc, So I honestly think a tough match up would be against Golden State Warriors. If they end up making the finals they space the floor so well, but then again not sure how well they will hold up in a 7 game series against Lebron.

Wizards scare me more than the Warriors because they have athletic big men/bruisers, 3pt shooters, quick PG's and they play solid D. Warriors would get smoked by the heat easily.

Hawkize31
04-29-2014, 06:55 PM

This is a team that was down 3 games to 2, down by 5 in game 6, and 30 seconds away from losing in the NBA finals, and they won the championship.

I cannot think of a team less likely to get rattled by losing a game or 2 in a series.

TylerSL
04-29-2014, 07:16 PM

So after 3 straight Finals appearances, and 2 consecutive titles you are still questioning whether Miami can overcome adversity?????????????????? :rolleyes:

TylerSL
04-29-2014, 07:22 PM
This is a team that was down 3 games to 2, down by 5 in game 6, and 30 seconds away from losing in the NBA finals, and they won the championship.

I cannot think of a team less likely to get rattled by losing a game or 2 in a series.

nice sig

HoodedSB
04-29-2014, 07:43 PM
I wanna see a Grizz v Heat finals. Think that would be a good series.

hoosiercubsfan
04-29-2014, 07:47 PM
I really don't understand what's going on with them. The Hawks are pesky, but the Pacers are better than this. Or at least they should be.

Lack of effort for an entire game. And a lack of changes early when things aren't going right by the coaching staff. The Hawks are an inferior team to the Pacers they are simply outplaying them. The Pacers aren't so good that they can simply show up and win. And Vogel is getting out coached horribly in this series. Which is why I think if/when they lose he will be fired.

ohreally
04-29-2014, 08:21 PM
Wizards scare me more than the Warriors because they have athletic big men/bruisers, 3pt shooters, quick PG's and they play solid D. Warriors would get smoked by the heat easily.

I agree. I still think the Nets could also give them a run if they can make it past the Raps, but the Wizards are playing well and they're a well-rounded team; they could definitely be an unwelcome surprise for Miami.

t_money25
04-30-2014, 07:09 PM

You can't be serious....