PDA

View Full Version : 2014 Free Agency Predictions

Stunner
04-27-2014, 08:35 PM
http://m.bleacherreport.com/articles/2037099-nba-free-agents-2014-ideal-signing-for-every-team-this-summer some interesting landing spots

goingfor28
04-27-2014, 08:45 PM
I bet the clippers are a prime destination

NBA_Starter
04-27-2014, 08:54 PM
I bet the clippers are a prime destination

Maybe their loss will be a gain for the Hornets!:rock:

goingfor28
04-27-2014, 08:54 PM
Maybe their loss will be a gain for the Hornets!:rock:

Lol

Stunner
04-27-2014, 08:58 PM
Lol at the Birdman to clippers though .......

cubyfan07
04-27-2014, 09:05 PM
They have Luol Deng to the Lakers and the Pistons as well as Shawn Marion to the Nets and the Timberwolves...

John Walls Era
04-27-2014, 09:08 PM
I appreciate how much he wrote, but I can't see any of them happening except Melo.

Stunner
04-27-2014, 09:18 PM
They have Luol Deng to the Lakers and the Pistons as well as Shawn Marion to the Nets and the Timberwolves...

I could see both those teams chasing those players

cubyfan07
04-27-2014, 09:23 PM
I could see both those teams chasing those players

No doubt...but when making predictions, it is difficult for each player to go to two different teams.

P&GRealist
04-27-2014, 09:23 PM
Chris Paul gets traded this summer, then we see the free agency palooza take off from there.

NBA_Starter
04-27-2014, 09:30 PM
No doubt...but when making predictions, it is difficult for each player to go to two different teams.

If I were the Lakers I'd just suffer through next year than add Deng.

Stunner
04-27-2014, 09:30 PM

That wasn't the point , it was just saying they can see that player signing with either team

Stunner
04-27-2014, 09:31 PM
Chris Paul gets traded this summer, then we see the free agency palooza take off from there.

CP3 to OKC for Westbrook

ManRam
04-27-2014, 09:41 PM
I appreciate how much he wrote, but I can't see any of them happening except Melo.

Seriously. A for effort...but I doubt he hits on much more than like 10% of those.

NYJ - NYY
04-27-2014, 09:42 PM
CP3 to OKC for Westbrook

That would be wild

P&GRealist
04-27-2014, 09:47 PM
Westbrook wouldn't wanna play there either despite it being LA. As long as Sterling is still owner, no big time black NBA player will want to be a Clipper.

Do the trade that should have happened in the first place.

Chris Paul to the Lakers.

Let the Clips rebuild by giving them the lotto pick, Steve Nash's expiring contract, And Ryan Kelly.

2 white guys to go along with the lotto pick. Just the way Sterling likes it, in his butthole.

Asik's better
04-27-2014, 09:59 PM
Wouldn't mind tucker or Ariza on the rockets. But I don't see either of them leaving their respective teams.

TylerSL
04-27-2014, 10:25 PM
The Big 3 are staying put, Haslem will opt in for his final year, and we still have Cole and Bird under contract for next season. I'm curious who is going to replace Allen/Battier, as I am under the assumption that they will both retire after this season. This is the final year on both their contracts and Allen is 38 and Battier has announced retirement after the season already. We'll definitely bring back Chalmers, and hopefully Tony Douglas. I also hope we bring back Oden and possibly Beasley as well as he provides an offensive spark off the bench. Neither would be expensive and we have seen guys get better after a year in the system before.

Our future after this season rides a lot on who we will get to replace Allen/Battier. If Lebron/Wade/Bosh opt in with their current contracts we will be pretty cash strapped and would have to get guys at a cheaper price. My hope is they all opt out and take less money again. We could give Lebron a max or he could sign a contract similar to his current one, Bosh could take a paycut down to about 15 million a year, and Wade could take a paycut down to about 12 million/year. That would give us better flexibility to bring in role players to replace Allen/Battier.

Of Free Agents I would like to see Miami get, the list would definitely have to start with Danny Granger. I also really want to see Mike Miller back in a Heat uniform as I have not forgotten about him. Trevor Ariza could also be a potential target.