PDA

View Full Version : Clippers Defiance (video)

MetroMan
04-27-2014, 07:23 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wsk2kYUGMXo

I missed the game. Did they do anything other than the pre game to defy the owner?

Update

http://larrybrownsports.com/basketball/clippers-black-wristbands-armbands-socks-donald-sterling/227433

"Clippers wear black wristbands, armbands, socks to protest Donald Sterling

The Los Angeles Clippers used their gear on Sunday to make a number of statements that were obviously directed toward owner Donald Sterling in the wake of his alleged racist remarks. The players wore inside out shirts during warmups to hide their team logo and also piled their jackets at center court before beginning their shootaround. They also wore black socks, wristbands and armbands.
Chris Paul wore a black undershirt with a long black sleeve. DeAndre Jordan and Matt Barnes wore large black armbands:All of the Clippers players wore some sort of black clothing. The entire team wore black socks and most players wore a black wrist band on their left wrist."

I dont picture the clippers wearing anything other than a jersey that just says "Los Angeles"

John Walls Era
04-27-2014, 07:26 PM
But what does this actually do? Its the owner that needs to GTFO, I don't know what this actually means.

MrfadeawayJB
04-27-2014, 07:28 PM
Seems to defy the clippers logo, not sterling.

Method28
04-27-2014, 07:28 PM
But what does this actually do? Its the owner that needs to GTFO, I don't know what this actually means.

They refused to show the Clippers logo.

Honestly I don't feel there was much they could do at that point that would actually get anything done

MetroMan
04-27-2014, 07:30 PM

Honestly I don't feel there was much they could do at that point that would actually get anything done

They refused to show the Clippers logo because its Sterlings. But they did rock the LA for the city

John Walls Era
04-27-2014, 07:30 PM

ok i get it in a sense. But the new owner will probably keep the name.

MetroMan
04-27-2014, 07:33 PM

New Name:
Los Angeles FLippers. Dolphin logo ;0

Clippersfan86
04-27-2014, 07:39 PM
I'd LOVE a new owner coming in and changing logo/name. Purge the cancerous past.

Tony_Starks
04-27-2014, 07:40 PM
Can't wait to see what happens in LA. All the people I know ( various races) with tickets said there's no way in hell they're going. They would rather cheer on the team across the street or at home....

goingfor28
04-27-2014, 08:15 PM
I'd LOVE a new owner coming in and changing logo/name. Purge the cancerous past.

I like the clippers name. That's what they've been as long as I've know them. Started following when D miles and Q rich were running the show in the early 2000s

Method28
04-27-2014, 08:25 PM

I get it. It's just a statement. I'm sure if Sterling is forced out there shouldn't be much hate towards the Clippers name. If there is and there needs to be a team name change then so be it.

I would hope the players realize these comments were said by one man and do not echo the fans, teammates or thoughts of others.

hugepatsfan
04-27-2014, 08:36 PM
This isn't an LAC issue, it's a Donald Sterling issue. He as an individual has these beliefs so let's hold him accountable for them rather than misdirect the scorn to individuals/organizations that don't have these views.

kylem4711
04-28-2014, 11:50 AM

i'm ready for a name change too. just hope its something cool. i am still disappointed that the thunder chose the name the thunder.