PDA

View Full Version : Chris Paul: Man of Steal

JasonJohnHorn
04-27-2014, 03:11 PM
I was doing a little statistical research for a top-ten point guard list I was putting together for my blog, and I realized something. This season marked the 6th time Chris Paul has led the league in steals! Not only is six the most EVER, it is DOUBLE the most ever! And four straight seasons is the longest streak ever (Iverson's three straight was the record before).

Michaell Ray Richardson did it three times.
Jordan did it three times.
Iverson did it three times.
Alvin Robertson did it three times.

Chris Paul has done it SIX times and four times in a row!

WOW!

I think we need to take a second to appreciate how amazing this accomplishment is. Chris Paul, by the age of 26 broke this record, and now, at the young age of 28, is put this way for a long time and may very well add a couple more seasons to this.

Thoughts?

goingfor28
04-27-2014, 03:13 PM
:clap:

Vinylman
04-27-2014, 03:31 PM
per game... rubio had more steals

JasonJohnHorn
04-27-2014, 03:52 PM
per game... rubio had more steals

Um.... not according to NBA.com and BBR.

Is there an alternate universe you are living in?

NBA: http://stats.nba.com/leaders.html?ls=iref:nba:gnav
BBR: http://www.basketball-reference.com/leagues/NBA_2014_leaders.html

JasonJohnHorn
04-27-2014, 03:53 PM

Do you mean that Rubio had more steals on the season, because the structure of your sentence is saying he had more per game.

Paul missed 12 games... of course Rubio has more on the season. Why are we splitting hair here?

Vinylman
04-27-2014, 03:54 PM

LMFAO

your links prove my point...

rubio had 191 steals CP3 had 154

PSD ... where the dumb shall inherit the earth

Vinny642
04-27-2014, 03:55 PM
Also top 5 in flops per game, and total flops

ILLUSIONIST^248
04-27-2014, 03:58 PM
He's great, but overrated IMO. He has yet to show us anything special in the playoffs. He needs a ring, and fast.

JasonJohnHorn
04-27-2014, 03:59 PM
LMFAO

your links prove my point...

rubio had 191 steals CP3 had 154

PSD ... where the dumb shall inherit the earth

Ok, first off, the name calling is uncalled for.

YOUR grammar (not you're) is what the problem is. You wrote "Per game... Rubio had more steals." That means that PER GAME RUBIO HAD MORE STEALS with a pause in it. You should have said:

"Chris Paul had more steals per game, but Rubio finished the season with more steals."

You failed to clearly identify the subject of your sentence. I normally don't care if somebody messes up their grammar, but in THIS case it changed the meaning of the sentence, and then you called me a dumbass because YOU couldn't put a coherent sentence together.

If there is a dumbass here (not hear), it isn't me. It is the person who can't put together a sentence and then expects people to know what he means.

Chronz
04-27-2014, 04:03 PM
Refs let him get away with swiping mercilessly some games

b@llhog24
04-27-2014, 04:09 PM
Cp3's only 28? Could swear think this guy is in his 30s or something.

JEDean89
04-27-2014, 04:23 PM
that's crazy considering he only has a 6' 4" wingspan, you'd think a paul george or iguadala type would have the advantage.

2-ONE-5
04-27-2014, 04:27 PM

YOUR grammar (not you're) is what the problem is. You wrote "Per game... Rubio had more steals." That means that PER GAME RUBIO HAD MORE STEALS with a pause in it. You should have said:

"Chris Paul had more steals per game, but Rubio finished the season with more steals."

You failed to clearly identify the subject of your sentence. I normally don't care if somebody messes up their grammar, but in THIS case it changed the meaning of the sentence, and then you called me a dumbass because YOU couldn't put a coherent sentence together.

If there is a dumbass here (not hear), it isn't me. It is the person who can't put together a sentence and then expects people to know what he means.

owned

Vinylman
04-27-2014, 04:59 PM

there would be no point to me posting if i was just agreeing with you.

unfortunately you are to ignorant to understand that...

use your brain.... if you are able...

JasonJohnHorn
04-27-2014, 06:08 PM

I'm ignorant?

Again with the name calling. From a person who can't even string together a proper sentence, that means nothing.

As to your "there would be no point to me posting if i was just agreeing with you", I might want to direct you to any number of people on here who agree with other posters on a regular basis.

How about this, you stop being a troll, dropping personal insults, and learn how to write a sentence, THEN come on and participate in conversations. If you insist on speaking without learning how to construct a sentence, then you can at the very least stop insulting people when they don't understand you because of YOUR limited understanding of grammar rules.

How's that?

And please don't respond with another 'I'm not stupid, you're stupid' comment.

Use your head.

JohnStockton
04-27-2014, 06:10 PM

Gotta agree with JJH here. You sound like a troll who has no concept of what grammar is.

Your type of people cause so many eye rolls in the world. Man up and admit your initial post was unclear at best and in all actually read very much like you were stating Rubio led the league in steals per game.

Vinylman
04-27-2014, 06:18 PM
I'm ignorant?

Again with the name calling. From a person who can't even string together a proper sentence, that means nothing.

As to your "there would be no point to me posting if i was just agreeing with you", I might want to direct you to any number of people on here who agree with other posters on a regular basis.

How about this, you stop being a troll, dropping personal insults, and learn how to write a sentence, THEN come on and participate in conversations. If you insist on speaking without learning how to construct a sentence, then you can at the very least stop insulting people when they don't understand you because of YOUR limited understanding of grammar rules.

How's that?

And please don't respond with another 'I'm not stupid, you're stupid' comment.

Use your head.

you are a typical NBA forum blowhard...

If you are so concerned about civility you should focus on your first response to me ...

your condescending comment set the tone... i merely responded.

again... if you don't understand what i posted you might ask for clarity rather than assuming and condescending...

we all know you misread it though because you immediately posted again after your first condescending post...

carry on... i am sure you can continue to post some additional errors like CP3 missing only 12 games

Vinylman
04-27-2014, 06:18 PM
Gotta agree with JJH here. You sound like a troll who has no concept of what grammar is.

Your type of people cause so many eye rolls in the world. Man up and admit your initial post was unclear at post.

point out my incorrect grammar...

Method28
04-27-2014, 06:22 PM
Also top 5 in flops per game, and total flops

Cmon Vinny you're still sore about Cp3 leaving bro?

JasonJohnHorn
04-27-2014, 09:29 PM
you are a typical NBA forum blowhard...

If you are so concerned about civility you should focus on your first response to me ...

your condescending comment set the tone... i merely responded.

again... if you don't understand what i posted you might ask for clarity rather than assuming and condescending...

we all know you misread it though because you immediately posted again after your first condescending post...

carry on... i am sure you can continue to post some additional errors like CP3 missing only 12 games

Whatever.... I'm not a blowhard in the least. You jump on here and try to dilute the weight of the accomplishment and can't even string together a clear sentence and them you throw insults around.

Try writing a functioning sentence with clear intent, and the we can talk. Don't expect me to ask what you meant when you throw out a sentence that is wrong and I respond to it. You step into the thread, try correcting somebody with bad sentence structure and you look like a fool, especially when you start dropping personal insults.

It's this simply. CP3 has led the league in steals per game SIX times including each of the last FOUR seasons. He has double the number of times any other player has done this and put together a consecutive streak that has NEVER been done before.

But Rubio got more steals because be played more games. This thread isn't about Rubio, it's about CP3. You want to make one about Rubio, knock yourself out. You want to come in this thread and piss all over the place and start talking like you know everything and piss on an accomplishment that you could never hope to achieve in a million years, go right ahead. I'm not the was who looks like the @$$hole.

2-ONE-5
04-27-2014, 10:43 PM
get em!

ciaban
04-27-2014, 11:20 PM
I was doing a little statistical research for a top-ten point guard list I was putting together for my blog, and I realized something. This season marked the 6th time Chris Paul has led the league in steals! Not only is six the most EVER, it is DOUBLE the most ever! And four straight seasons is the longest streak ever (Iverson's three straight was the record before).

Michaell Ray Richardson did it three times.
Jordan did it three times.
Iverson did it three times.
Alvin Robertson did it three times.

Chris Paul has done it SIX times and four times in a row!

WOW!

I think we need to take a second to appreciate how amazing this accomplishment is. Chris Paul, by the age of 26 broke this record, and now, at the young age of 28, is put this way for a long time and may very well add a couple more seasons to this.

Thoughts?

John Stockton only led the league twice, when you think about the fact that John Stockton has 581 more than #2 it's kind of crazy that CP3 has done it 6 times and 4 in a row.

Nick O
04-28-2014, 12:10 AM
imo one of the best ball stealers ever is Ron artest cause he had to guard alot of different poisitions in a game usually the best player on the other team, still stole alot of balls, and he seems like a tool and its funny

lincecum=future
04-28-2014, 12:18 AM
imo one of the best ball stealers ever is Ron artest cause he had to guard alot of different poisitions in a game usually the best player on the other team, still stole alot of balls, and he seems like a tool and its funny

Uhhhh....?

JasonJohnHorn
04-28-2014, 07:56 AM
John Stockton only led the league twice, when you think about the fact that John Stockton has 581 more than #2 it's kind of crazy that CP3 has done it 6 times and 4 in a row.

I know... it is AMAZING! Stockton had a couple of 3+ stealspergame season, but there were more possessions back then. But CP3 was averaging over 2 a game as a rookie at the age of 20, and Stockton didn't do that until his third year when he was 24.

Stockton's steals record is one of the ones I thought was untouchable, but I do believe that CP3 could break it if he players 16 seasons, which is 2 fewer than Stockton.

FlashBolt
04-28-2014, 11:34 AM
CP3 is skilled enough to be one of the greatest PG's. By career's end, he'll be up there with Stockton and below Magic. Very consistent. Might not win a ring but Stock never won either.

bucketss
04-28-2014, 11:54 AM

c'mon man, you said per game... don't get upset because you couldn't be more clear.