PDA

View Full Version : LeBron Stares Down Michael Jordan While Dunking

MetroMan
04-27-2014, 02:08 AM
heres the video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZfIJEyWYTdE

"Heat forward LeBron James appeared to glance at Bobcats owner Michael Jordan before throwing down a dunk during Miami’s 98-85 road victory over Charlotte in Game 3 on Saturday.

With a little more than seven minutes remaining in the third quarter and Miami leading 66-49, James broke out in transition for an uncontested dunk. As he rose to slam smoothly with his right hand, James looked off to his right in the direction of Charlotte’s bench, where Jordan had been sitting and cheering on his team during the franchise’s first home playoff game since 2010.

After the game, James denied any stare down, even though the ESPN broadcast crew was convinced James was sending a silent message.

“Don’t start that,” he said, when asked whether he glanced at Jordan. “Absolutely not, man, absolutely not. I was able to read [Josh] McRoberts, get a steal and push the lead back up. I absolutely didn’t look at MJ, for sure.”

Chrisclover
04-27-2014, 02:12 AM
What is the point if he did stare at MJ?blasphemy?

Chrisclover
04-27-2014, 02:14 AM
King stared at God.
Shall be a riveting plot for a movie.

Mr_Jones
04-27-2014, 02:29 AM
I'm not a fan of Jordan and I love balls, but MJ would beat off Lebron any day.

xxcubs22xx
04-27-2014, 02:48 AM
I think we was simply keeping visual tabs on McRoberts.

So I vote no, not staring at MJ.

Hawkeye15
04-27-2014, 02:51 AM
I hope he was staring at MJ. It would show he has developed the killer instinct to win even more.

mngopher35
04-27-2014, 02:52 AM
I think we was simply keeping visual tabs on McRoberts.

So I vote no, not staring at MJ.

Agreed. He was just looking to make sure no one was sneaking up on him.

naps
04-27-2014, 03:05 AM
Only fools fall for ESPN crap. He was being careful if someone was not coming from behind to block him. This is a normal instinct if you ever played and dunked a basketball in a game.

Chronz
04-27-2014, 03:19 AM
King stared at God.

Can u think of a title for such a master flick

Chrisclover
04-27-2014, 03:33 AM
Can u think of a title for such a master flick

1.Rise: Stare of the New King
2.Path to the Greatness

MiamiBoy77
04-27-2014, 03:36 AM

But what?

QueensG_718
04-27-2014, 03:40 AM
He was staring him down. I noticed that too. LBJ will never carry the legacy of the great one mj though. Mj didn't team up to win. Mj along with pippen carried the whole team on his back for 2 3 peats

JC_
04-27-2014, 03:42 AM
But what?

MJ would beat off Lebron

Method28
04-27-2014, 03:43 AM

Uh whoa :eek:

RubberBand Man
04-27-2014, 04:18 AM
King stared at God.

love it.

Chrisclover
04-27-2014, 04:31 AM
He was staring him down. I noticed that too. LBJ will never carry the legacy of the great one mj though. Mj didn't team up to win. Mj along with pippen carried the whole team on his back for 2 3 peats

dont forget Pippen was a stupid guy who were afraid of his injuries and demanded a long and cheap contract, which gave more cap room for the Bulls to add pieces.
And, Rodman. He is a HOFer.
Jordan also needed teammates to succeed.

ILLUSIONIST^248
04-27-2014, 05:41 AM
I hope he was staring at MJ. It would show he has developed the killer instinct to win even more.

Lol get real. Lebrons playing vs 8th graders out there. This current run is a joke compared to Jordan's runs.

ILLUSIONIST^248
04-27-2014, 05:42 AM

Yup, Lebron was a perennial loser befits joining a super team. Not to mention he plays in the most waters down conference on nba history

Kenny Powders
04-27-2014, 07:33 AM
For a league that measures superstar status by rings, James has a long way to go to catch Jordan.

t_money25
04-27-2014, 09:36 AM
Oh my God! How dare Lebron even think about glancing at the god we call Jordan! He should worship the ground he walks on and kiss his feet upon arrival to Charlotte......

Lmao some of you guys crack me up. I can't wait till the media interviews jordan about this so you can see how ridiculous this thread is SMH

koreancabbage
04-27-2014, 09:39 AM
Yup, Lebron was a perennial loser befits joining a super team. Not to mention he plays in the most waters down conference on nba history

wait what? hold on, so Jordan and Kobe have never lost in the playoffs?

Minimal
04-27-2014, 10:00 AM
This place is a heaven for LeBron haters, get in all in here!

ManRam
04-27-2014, 11:00 AM
Hard to tell if he did. If he did :worthy: That's amazing.

xxplayerxx23
04-27-2014, 11:04 AM

Even the great MJ won nothing alone, pippen was one of the best sfs to play the game ever let's not pretend like MJ didn't have help.

xxplayerxx23
04-27-2014, 11:07 AM
Lol get real. Lebrons playing vs 8th graders out there. This current run is a joke compared to Jordan's runs.

:laugh: Lebron> Kobe easy Kobe and Michael
Do nothing with that awful supporting cast in Cleveland.

JJ_JKidd
04-27-2014, 11:11 AM
Exactly. We do not know what the stare meant.

Stunner
04-27-2014, 11:38 AM
Exactly. We do not know what the stare meant.

Lebron stare meant " we still better be playing golf this summer "

FlashBolt
04-27-2014, 11:45 AM
LeBron wasn't looking back at McCheater. He knew very well McRoberts wasn't catching him. Besides, he has done this on more than one occasion. Nonetheless, it's a great sign. Means he has developed some cockyness and probably the highest amount of confidence in his career. +leave it to Illusionist to complain again. MJ went 1-10 in the playoffs without Pippen, a notorious loser before Pippen. Widely regarded as the GOAT coach, greatest rebounder, and the greatest defender on his team. Miami currently has none of those for THIS season. Jordan had the BESTest ever.

lakerfan85
04-27-2014, 11:46 AM
I think it means he will be taking his talents to Charlotte this fall...

SwatTeam
04-27-2014, 12:00 PM
Nah, he was staring at the hot beatch a couple rows behind MJ. Them titties were HUGE!!! Lebron was wondering if he could see them while he was elevated. News flash Bron, you can see them titties from Mars.

MiamiBoy77
04-27-2014, 01:33 PM
Lbj first 138 playoff games 88-50

MJ first 138 playoff games
88-50

Yes, because that makes Lebron a perennial loser.

ILLUSIONIST^248
04-27-2014, 01:43 PM

88-50

What was his record before joining a super team in the weakest conference in league history? By my count, Lebron was 0-7 in attempts for a ring, 0-4 in finals games.and 0-2 in the Olympics. That would be the definition of perennial loser. Check mate!

Jarvo
04-27-2014, 01:49 PM
Oh my God! How dare Lebron even think about glancing at the god we call Jordan! He should worship the ground he walks on and kiss his feet upon arrival to Charlotte......

Lmao some of you guys crack me up. I can't wait till the media interviews jordan about this so you can see how ridiculous this thread is SMH

This, I think he stared him down and it was dope and people need to stfu about him joining Wade & Bosh already.

Minimal
04-27-2014, 02:02 PM
LeBron clearly stared at Jordan and I actually thought this kind of thing would happen during the game. There was absolutely no players around Bron to block the shot and he knew that. Heck no one can chase LeBron and block his dunk in this kind of situation. Bron sent a small message to Jordan for all the **** he said about him and let Jordan know his team aint going nowhere this series.

Fnom11
04-27-2014, 02:20 PM
Apparently he wasn't http://imgur.com/a/f6Wyi

ILLUSIONIST^248
04-27-2014, 02:22 PM
LeBron clearly stared at Jordan and I actually thought this kind of thing would happen during the game. There was absolutely no players around Bron to block the shot and he knew that. Heck no one can chase LeBron and block his dunk in this kind of situation. Bron sent a small message to Jordan for all the **** he said about him and let Jordan know his team aint going nowhere this series.

Obviously! He's going against the ****ing bobcats kid.

Hawkeye15
04-27-2014, 02:32 PM

if you find basketball so watered down and pathetic nowadays, why are you still watching?

Mr_Jones
04-27-2014, 02:38 PM
Apparently he wasn't http://imgur.com/a/f6Wyi

lol someone took the time to make that?

PhillyFaninLA
04-27-2014, 02:47 PM

Michael Jordan likes women, I don't think he'll be doing that

Delrayhc
04-27-2014, 02:49 PM

Obviously! He's going against the ****ing bobcats kid.

Dude you sound like a little whiney b***h.

Delrayhc
04-27-2014, 02:53 PM

88-50

What was his record before joining a super team in the weakest conference in league history? By my count, Lebron was 0-7 in attempts for a ring, 0-4 in finals games.and 0-2 in the Olympics. That would be the definition of perennial loser. Check mate!

Funny how you have nothing to do but post negative things , instigate and call people losers. We all know who the real loser is here.

John Walls Era
04-27-2014, 03:10 PM
Can we look at MJ or is it only that Lebron can't look at him?

P&GRealist
04-27-2014, 03:30 PM
if you find basketball so watered down and pathetic nowadays, why are you still watching?
Because the West is still a pleasure to watch despite your Timberwolves and my Lakers not in the playoffs.

P&GRealist
04-27-2014, 03:31 PM
I don't think he was staring at Michael.

Jack of Blades
04-27-2014, 03:32 PM

The ****...

redhorse
04-27-2014, 03:37 PM
Its funny lebron would never do this if mj was still playing...man it must be killimg mj right now.. nobody can beat mjs competitive nature... jordan plays his best when he had something to prove....

And yes lebron had to join a super team to win...im not forgetting... and btw I watched yesterdays game... lebron is such a front runner I swear.. he is basketball version of arod...hel pad his stats and everyone is like wow hes so great when the heat made their run when he was on the bench...

redhorse
04-27-2014, 03:48 PM
Even the great MJ won nothing alone, pippen was one of the best sfs to play the game ever let's not pretend like MJ didn't have help.

Heres where ppl get this wrong...pippen wasnt an established all star or franchise player or heck an nba champion... they developed together and pippen said he wouldnt hsve become the player he was if it werent jordan pushimg him to his limits during practices

ur comparing oranges an apples

mngopher35
04-27-2014, 03:55 PM
Its funny lebron would never do this if mj was still playing...man it must be killimg mj right now.. nobody can beat mjs competitive nature... jordan plays his best when he had something to prove....

And yes lebron had to join a super team to win...im not forgetting... and btw I watched yesterdays game... lebron is such a front runner I swear.. he is basketball version of arod...hel pad his stats and everyone is like wow hes so great when the heat made their run when he was on the bench...

Yesterday the Heat were +20 with Lebron on the court, best among any player in +/-.

redhorse
04-27-2014, 04:00 PM
Yesterday the Heat were +20 with Lebron on the court, best among any player in +/-.

Bro watch that first half end of second qtr...they made their run and when they are up like 8 then its lebron goes off... I kno wat I saw...

Minimal
04-27-2014, 04:05 PM
Bro watch that first half end of second qtr...they made their run and when they are up like 8 then its lebron goes off... I kno wat I saw...
Ohh please go cry LeBron a river. If Bron was +20 in the game and Miami won only by 13 that means when Bron was off the court Miami lost 7 points smartass. Heck he was back in the game in 4th only because Charlotte made it a 12 something point game in the 4th without Bron on the court.

mngopher35
04-27-2014, 04:11 PM

Bro learn how to actually watch basketball without those bias goggles on. This is exactly why people can't just say "well I watched the games so I don't care what you or the stats say" as their only argument. People see what they want to see so you have to have some sort of evidence to back up your claims.

When Lebron came back into the game at the 6:17 mark the Heat were down 2. By the end of those 6 minutes Lebron had gotten 9 points, 3 assists and the Heat were up 12.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/boxscores/pbp/201404260CHA.html
Link to the play by play so you can see for yourself.

Edit: So of the 21 points scored Lebron scored/assisted in 15 of them.

redhorse
04-27-2014, 04:14 PM
Bro learn how to actually watch basketball without those bias goggles on. This is exactly why people can't just say "well I watched the games so I don't care what you or the stats say" as their only argument. People see what they want to see so you have to have some sort of evidence to back up your claims.

When Lebron came back into the game at the 6:17 mark the Heat were down 2. By the end of those 6 minutes Lebron had gotten 9 points, 2 assists and the Heat were up 12.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/boxscores/pbp/201404260CHA.html
Link to the play by play so you can see for yourself.

Ok my bad...no ur right I just saw it with my hater goggles on....just got riled up with this lebron thing but I admit I was wrong bout yesterday...

P&GRealist
04-27-2014, 04:18 PM

Couldn't agree more. Well put.

mngopher35
04-27-2014, 04:18 PM
Ok my bad...no ur right I just saw it with my hater goggles on....just got riled up with this lebron thing but I admit I was wrong bout yesterday...

Fair enough, I have done the same multiple times on here (getting too riled up over a topic).

t_money25
04-27-2014, 04:40 PM
Michael Jordan likes women, I don't think he'll be doing that

Lmfao!!!

ILLUSIONIST^248
04-27-2014, 04:41 PM

Because basketball is my first love, but I do watch a whole lot less nowadays.

t_money25
04-27-2014, 04:44 PM

Post of the year right here! LOL

Hawkeye15
04-27-2014, 05:41 PM

will you start posting less too?

ILLUSIONIST^248
04-27-2014, 05:47 PM

will you start posting less too?

I already do , but I still need to come in and regulate every so often. ;)

Hawkeye15
04-27-2014, 05:52 PM
I already do , but I still need to come in and regulate every so often. ;)

if by "regulate", you mean troll, I agree.

Yanks All Day
04-27-2014, 05:59 PM
He probably wasn't staring at Jordan. More importantly, it's pretty impressive how he started looking away around the free throw line and only turned towards the rim when he was about 4 inches away.

lilchuckdoubles
04-27-2014, 06:30 PM
I'm a Lebron hater but I got to say... that was real. RESPECT!!

NBA_Starter
04-27-2014, 07:07 PM
He did it whether he admits or not, when you are a bad man you can do stuff like that.

MetroMan
04-27-2014, 07:35 PM
he was 100% staring at Jordan. wont be man enough to admit it but man enough to do it.

JordansBulls
04-27-2014, 09:10 PM
Two pure men, don't think so.

P&GRealist
04-27-2014, 09:28 PM
He did it whether he admits or not, when you are a bad man you can do stuff like that.

If he did indeed do it, that would be a shame.

Kobe Bryant in his heyday prime was as bad a man, and on top of that, he was and still is the biggest arsehole and dick in the league, and the guy has always been compared to MJ since the beginning of time. He's competed against MJ as a young pup in the Lakers-Bulls regular season meetings, when he dropped 55 on MJ the Wizard, their garden all star game showdown in 98, the last couple of seasons of Lakers-Bobcats. I've never seen Kobe show that kinda disrespect to the GOAT.

So I don't see why LeBron gets a free ticket to do so when he never even played against the dude. (this is of course if he did indeed stare at him).

KobeOwnSU
04-27-2014, 10:29 PM
If he did indeed do it, that would be a shame.

Kobe Bryant in his heyday prime was as bad a man, and on top of that, he was and still is the biggest arsehole and dick in the league, and the guy has always been compared to MJ since the beginning of time. He's competed against MJ as a young pup in the Lakers-Bulls regular season meetings, when he dropped 55 on MJ the Wizard, their garden all star game showdown in 98, the last couple of seasons of Lakers-Bobcats. I've never seen Kobe show that kinda disrespect to the GOAT.

So I don't see why LeBron gets a free ticket to do so when he never even played against the dude. (this is of course if he did indeed stare at him).

LeBron cares to much about what people think of him. He wants MJ to like him so badly.

JC_
04-27-2014, 10:44 PM
I've never seen Kobe show that kinda disrespect to the GOAT.

I'd hope not considering Kobe is basically an MJ stan who copied his way of speaking, mannerism's, basketball moves etc. Kobe is an extremely good MJ wannabe and so it would be pretty weird for him to be disrespectful.

P&GRealist
04-27-2014, 10:48 PM
I'd hope not considering Kobe is basically an MJ stan who copied his way of speaking, mannerism's, basketball moves etc. Kobe is an extremely good MJ wannabe and so it would be pretty weird for him to be disrespectful.

It's one thing to wear the no. 23 and steal the pregame powder ritual, which LeBron did. But to mirror your game after the guy shows the ultimAte sign of respect and flattery. As Jalen Rose said, MJ is the original, Kobe is the remix. Not sure where LeBron fits into that whole mold.

Chi StateOfMind
04-27-2014, 11:13 PM
Who gives a **** if he was or wasn't. It's like they find anything to make a story off lebron.

Nick O
04-27-2014, 11:20 PM

same

Nick O
04-27-2014, 11:22 PM
Who gives a **** if he was or wasn't. It's like they find anything to make a story off lebron.

of course they will. it sucks but itl never stop. as annoying as lebron stories have gotten to big time basketball fans like us , casual fans love Lebron. thats what they want to hear about. sad really

JC_
04-27-2014, 11:36 PM
It's one thing to wear the no. 23 and steal the pregame powder ritual, which LeBron did. But to mirror your game after the guy shows the ultimAte sign of respect and flattery. As Jalen Rose said, MJ is the original, Kobe is the remix. Not sure where LeBron fits into that whole mold.

Lebron is Lebron. Kobe is an MJ cover song. That's one of the reasons I like Lebron and MJ more than Kobe. It's like a copycat of your favorite beverage comes out, it tastes good but it's not the real thing.

basketfan4life
04-28-2014, 01:54 AM
I love Kobe and hated LBJ for a long time so what i am going to tell must be shock for psd.

If he stared down at Jordan, i'm glad for him. That says nothing but confidence about him. Respect .

Crackadalic
04-28-2014, 03:08 AM
Espn will make a story on lebron tippy toeing

I'm not surprise this is a story

JAZZNC
04-28-2014, 09:45 AM

Why is it that MJ gets a complete pass for playing on a ridiculously stacked *** team with the greatest coach ever? People make out like he played with a bunch of scrubs. His supporting cast was ten times better than what Lebron has but you guys kill LeBron for playing with two all stars. Just dont get why MJ always gets a pass.

Heatcheck
04-28-2014, 11:06 AM

that's pretty gay, but whatever.

Touchdownboy
04-28-2014, 11:08 AM
Pippen > James

redhorse
04-28-2014, 11:15 AM
Why is it that MJ gets a complete pass for playing on a ridiculously stacked *** team with the greatest coach ever? People make out like he played with a bunch of scrubs. His supporting cast was ten times better than what Lebron has but you guys kill LeBron for playing with two all stars. Just dont get why MJ always gets a pass.

What are u talking about? Was pippen a championship mvp or top 5 players in the league and jordan joined his team to win?... was grant or rodman franchise players for their other team like bosh? Seriously? All of a sudden lebron has no team...r u kidding me?... I kno he gets all the credit in the world for bringing that cav team to the finals I get it...but kidd did the same thing with the nets 2 years in a row...look at the nets before he got there...does he get the same recognition?

mjt20mik
04-28-2014, 11:15 AM
smh... no

PraiseJesus
04-28-2014, 11:20 AM
This headline seems so irnoic now givin that MJ is a black owner

Heatcheck
04-28-2014, 11:26 AM
What are u talking about? Was pippen a championship mvp or top 5 players in the league and jordan joined his team to win?... was grant or rodman franchise players for their other team like bosh? Seriously? All of a sudden lebron has no team...r u kidding me?... I kno he gets all the credit in the world for bringing that cav team to the finals I get it...but kidd did the same thing with the nets 2 years in a row...look at the nets before he got there...does he get the same recognition?

he did at the moment. time passes and people tend to remember the most recent version of the player, so Kidd is mostly remembered as a mav. but at the time, yeah.

Heatcheck
04-28-2014, 11:31 AM
could it be he was just making sure no one was coming up behind him?

FlashBolt
04-28-2014, 11:38 AM
MJ is not God. No respect should be given to him considering he shows no respect to anyone other than Kobe.
Let's stop with this "prime" garbage because we both know there is no telling who would win considering the many factors of the game. Why should LeBron bow down and show him respect when MJ talks smack?

Stunner
04-28-2014, 12:02 PM
MJ is not God. No respect should be given to him considering he shows no respect to anyone other than Kobe.
Let's stop with this "prime" garbage because we both know there is no telling who would win considering the many factors of the game. Why should LeBron bow down and show him respect when MJ talks smack?

Blah blah blah

Corey
04-28-2014, 12:34 PM
I hate Lebron, but I hope he was. Killer instinct. If MJ did this when he was playing, people would have eaten it up and praised is cutthroat attitude.

thesprite
04-28-2014, 12:46 PM
could it be he was just making sure no one was coming up behind him?

Nope. I'm pretty sure the CREDIBLE site for SPORTS is right on this one. Very insightful report.

redhorse
04-28-2014, 01:52 PM
I hate Lebron, but I hope he was. Killer instinct. If MJ did this when he was playing, people would have eaten it up and praised is cutthroat attitude.

But how? I mean Id understand if jordan was still playing nd he did that but jordan freakin 50 wth the heck is he gna do now?... why cant he do this with durant melo instead of befriending them...and im telling u read all the stories about mj ..he always played his
Best when he was put down...lebron would never do this to mj if mj still playing

nd please tell me when in his interview with ahnad rashard did he disrespect lebron?? Didnt he say he was dominant? But overall career hed choose kobe...how is that no a fair assessment? Ppl wanna put lebron as the greatest now but he still has ways to go...can lebron keep this up when he cant rely on his athletism as his primary weapon? Can he change his game the way mj and kobe did?... well see and if he keeps going at this rate I can admit he is the greatest but now hes not there yet...

nickdymez
04-28-2014, 05:20 PM

Because Lebron isnt **** compared to Jordan. Thats why. Just like Lebron to stare down a 50 year old man who cant play anymore. I hope Jordan suits up for game 4 and leads them to a win. lol.. Just 1 win and retire again...

P&GRealist
04-28-2014, 05:26 PM
that's pretty gay, but whatever.

Who are you to judge?

Who are you? Donald Sterling?

Hawkeye15
04-28-2014, 05:56 PM

a case can be made that players 2-8 on the Bulls were easily superior to players 2-8 on the Heat squads. Remember, Jordan played with Pippen in his peak, and people seriously underestimate Rodman, Grant, and the role of shooters Jordan constantly had at his disposal. The Heat had to build via FA, which means a lot of vet minimum players who are way over their great days in most cases. Sure the names might read Wade, Ray Allen, and Shane Battier. But are they really the same players they used to be at all?

Moving onto the coach, if we go back in time, Phil had accomplished nothing before his Bulls, but present day, we know he is a master at handling superstars with ego's, and he had all his in their dead primes, unlike Spo and LeBron do.

basketfan4life
04-29-2014, 02:18 AM
a case can be made that players 2-8 on the Bulls were easily superior to players 2-8 on the Heat squads. Remember, Jordan played with Pippen in his peak, and people seriously underestimate Rodman, Grant, and the role of shooters Jordan constantly had at his disposal. The Heat had to build via FA, which means a lot of vet minimum players who are way over their great days in most cases. Sure the names might read Wade, Ray Allen, and Shane Battier. But are they really the same players they used to be at all?

Moving onto the coach, if we go back in time, Phil had accomplished nothing before his Bulls, but present day, we know he is a master at handling superstars with ego's, and he had all his in their dead primes, unlike Spo and LeBron do.

See, i praised LeBron in this very thread, but when comparing HEAT roster to any other, people miss one thing. He teamed up with 2 other franchise players from his own confrence. They killed the parity in the Eastern Confrence. This is on Wade and Bosh too. During their finals runs MJ went up against great teams on east, but LeBron is beating teams that wouldn't even make playoffs in the western confrence. Freaking Pacers is considered heavy weight in the east and look how they are doing.

Can you imagine a Wade lead team going up against Lebron team in playoffs, it would be great considering they were going bananas against each other. I mean the Heat can rest one of the big three every playoff game and they may still make the finals, because there is not one team in the eastern confrence that has a real franchise player.

P&GRealist
04-29-2014, 02:41 AM
There should be a rule that whenever a series ends, every storyline thread that is related to that series should be closed.

Meaning this thread should get closed.

xxcubs22xx
04-29-2014, 03:37 AM
12 people voted yes :facepalm:

naps
04-29-2014, 05:10 AM
This place is a heaven for LeBron haters, get in all in here!

In other words, Kobephiles.