PDA

View Full Version : Annoyed by LeBron's 'performance'?

JasonJohnHorn
04-25-2014, 06:11 PM
This was the Josh McRoberts play:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pjl3zOYPbRg

Firstly, the foul McRoberts committed deserved a flag-2, and deserve a 1-game suspension in my book. I'm fine with the fine and such.

What I have an issue with is how Long Lebron spends after the play selling the hit. To me, that just seemed excessive. I realize it was a bad hit. But when he spends that much time selling it... it's frankly annoying and delays the game. I realize he needs a minute to get himself together after being hit by a guy as big as McRoberts, but he the way he's crawling on the ground and rolling over and grabbing at his neck and wincing... it frankly looked like a scripted WWF match (I'm oldschool, forget that WWE $#!T).

Thoughts?

Slug3
04-25-2014, 06:13 PM
Go get elbowed in the throat and come and and let us know how long it takes you to get over it.

JasonJohnHorn
04-25-2014, 06:21 PM
Go get elbowed in the throat and come and and let us know how long it takes you to get over it.

I've been elbowed in the throat before. I didn't crawl on my hands and knees for 20 second and then roll over.

You ever seen Bird get elbowed by Laimbeer and just bounce right back up and come back and hit a shot on the Pistons.

LBJ would get his @$$ handed to him if he played in the 80's. Larry Bird was harder than him.

The crawling around like a child after and selling the hit.

In my opinion, the McRoberts foul deserved a suspension as well as a fine, I've got no problem with the call... just the performance afterwards. Honestly, it makes him look weak.

goingfor28
04-25-2014, 06:22 PM
100% agree. but im sure this will get closed.

Slug3
04-25-2014, 06:23 PM
I've been elbowed in the throat before. I didn't crawl on my hands and knees for 20 second and then roll over.

You ever seen Bird get elbowed by Laimbeer and just bounce right back up and come back and hit a shot on the Pistons.

LBJ would get his @$$ handed to him if he played in the 80's. Larry Bird was harder than him.

In my opinion, the McRoberts foul deserved a suspension as well as a fine, I've got no problem with the call... just the performance afterwards. Honestly, it makes him look weak.

And Larry bird also got so banged up he couldn't finish his career. Nobody knows what any of these guys would have played like back then so stop assuming you do. He didn't slow the game down at all. I fact if the refs would have done their job it would have slowed the game down even more by checking for the flagrant foul. You just make crappy threads.

goingfor28
04-25-2014, 06:24 PM
i dont even know if the elbow to the throat was totally on purpose. looked like mcbob started to go up, then realized 260lbs was flying at him, and just tried to protect himself.

Slug3
04-25-2014, 06:28 PM
i dont even know if the elbow to the throat was totally on purpose. looked like mcbob started to go up, then realized 260lbs was flying at him, and just tried to protect himself.

He's done the same crap to Lebron before so it's not his first case. He's also done it against Wall and Rose. He has a history.

Iron24th
04-25-2014, 06:28 PM
All NBA flop team:

Bosh
Griffin
LBJ
Harden
CP3

JdKing7
04-25-2014, 06:35 PM
Ever get punched in the adam's apple? Obviously you haven't, I know I have been hit or punched a few times and I can reassure you it's not fun. You basically spend at least a minute grasping for air because you can't breath and trying to swallow because it feels like your adam's apple went through your throat.

ManRam
04-25-2014, 06:38 PM
Jesus Christ. The guy can't even react to getting elbowed in the neck in a proper manner...

Isn't there something more important to worry about than whether is reaction to a hard hit (hell, that would probably knock me the **** out) was up to your standards or not? It's not fun getting hit there, at all.

Maybe he sold it a little. Maybe he didn't. Who cares?

Hawkeye15
04-25-2014, 06:40 PM
he took a shot in the throat, that can hurt more than being punched, in fact, it always does.

I took my Dad's technique, and every time there was a physical play I was involved in, if I was tired, I rolled on the ground in fake agony to get some rest. He may have just been doing that too...

any advantage you can get in sports gentlemen. Period.

TylerSL
04-25-2014, 06:44 PM
It was probably an overreaction by Lebron. But I truly do not believe we should fault the players today for selling calls. We have let the league get too soft by calling ticky tack fouls throughout games. Because everything is foul today, players overreact to any contact to cause the refs to blow the whistle. Guys who are flopping are actually doing their teams a service because it does give an advantage. The NBA has not upheld that flopping rule, and stealing players money is not the way to get flopping out of basketball. Flopping has been a big issue for what 5-6 years now? Yet the refs have not gotten any better at distinguishing the difference between a flop and a foul. If players actually had to get hit to get fouled then guys would stop relying of the refs to bail them out, which is 100% why people flop. Flopping/exaggerating calls is a byproduct of how weak the front office has let the league become. If the refs swallow the whistle more throughout the game, flopping is gone.

JordansBulls
04-25-2014, 06:51 PM
I agree with everyone's responses in this thread. Good job.

HoodedSB
04-25-2014, 06:51 PM
Seriously? He got elbowed in the throat ffs.

Hawkeye15
04-25-2014, 06:54 PM
Ever get punched in the adam's apple? Obviously you haven't, I know I have been hit or punched a few times and I can reassure you it's not fun. You basically spend at least a minute grasping for air because you can't breath and trying to swallow because it feels like your adam's apple went through your throat.

getting hit in the neck is so much worse than the face. I have been hit hundreds of times in the face, and not many of them hurt (direct ones from someone who can punch did, but that was not often). Neck shots? Oh, they hurt if they make impact. Hence why they are illegal in fighting competitions.

Big Zo
04-25-2014, 07:10 PM
JasonJohnHorn: A true badass, and model American.

P&GRealist
04-25-2014, 07:13 PM
Jesus Christ. The guy can't even react to getting elbowed in the neck in a proper manner...

Isn't there something more important to worry about than whether is reaction to a hard hit (hell, that would probably knock me the **** out) was up to your standards or not? It's not fun getting hit there, at all.

You're right.

The question we SHOULD be asking is why do we always find you as one of the ones hurrying to defend LeBron in each and every one of his threads.

How is it that we constantly find the same posters over and over again coming to his rescue.

That...my friend...is the question.

ManRam
04-25-2014, 07:23 PM
You're right.

The question we SHOULD be asking is why do we always find you as one of the ones hurrying to defend LeBron in each and every one of his threads.

How is it that we constantly find the same posters over and over again coming to his rescue.

Because the same people keep rushing to the attack and more often than not it's both trivial and foolish. The guy's a lightening rod for ridiculous criticism that no one else receives.

Why that happens is just as much of a question.

archdevil84
04-25-2014, 07:30 PM
over the past 3 months or so i've read 'back in the 80s the league was so much tougher" and "todays league is so weak and soft" etc etc etc like 100 times. jesus christ people, I GET THE PICTURE! the freaking league was tougher back in the days okay FINE whatever

Hawkeye15
04-25-2014, 07:38 PM
You're right.

I'm starting to see a pattern with you.

And let me tell you, you're not looking too good in conversations that involve LeBron James.

A bit of advice, if LeBron riles you up so much, it's probably best you don't partake in discussions or parts of discussions involving him, good or bad.

Hawkeye15
04-25-2014, 07:39 PM
double standards are fun

goingfor28
04-25-2014, 07:43 PM

And let me tell you, you're not looking too good in conversations that involve LeBron James.

A bit of advice, if LeBron riles you up so much, it's probably best you don't partake in discussions or parts of discussions involving him, good or bad.

Just bc someone dislikes a certain athlete shouldn't mean they should stay away from posting about him though. It's not like anyone is saying "F lbj I hope he dies" or something crazy and outlandish.

ThuglifeJ
All NBA flop team:

Bosh
Griffin
LBJ
Harden
CP3

6th man Ginobili. Perfect.

My god that'd be a brutal amount of flopping.

P&GRealist

C'mon Craig, I need some originality.

Almost there! :)

Pablonovi
My take is pretty close to ManRam's and Hawkeye15's.

1) McBob hit him very hard in the throat. This is one of the worst places to get hit like that. I don't think LBJ pretended for a moment.

2) I've watched the NBA intensely for 55 years. I can say that YES, play was rougher in the 80s. But it was even a good deal rougher in the 50s. So what? Were the 80's "pussified" because it was far less rough than it had been in the 50's??? Or, perhaps, NBA play was more beautiful in the 80's partially at least because it was less rough. I think the NBA game has never been more beautiful than it is in today's game; and one small part of that is that the roughness has been reduced even further.

P&GRealist
04-25-2014, 07:44 PM
Because the same people keep rushing to the attack and more often than not it's both trivial and foolish. The guy's a lightening rod for ridiculous criticism that no one else receives.

Why that happens is just as much of a question.
Let me know who these knuckleheads are. I'll take care of them. :box:

ThuglifeJ
04-25-2014, 07:44 PM
BTW how dare you make this remark towards king James. Manram will not be happy!

dnl123
04-25-2014, 07:51 PM
Just bc someone dislikes a certain athlete shouldn't mean they should stay away from posting about him though. It's not like anyone is saying "F lbj I hope he dies" or something crazy and outlandish.

The people that hate on Lebron usually seem pretty cynical to me. I actually watch a lot of NBA games (as many others on this forum do) and a lot of the guys that are talked about as floppers on this forum really don't flop that much. It's funny to me because Lebron haters for the moment have nothing better to contribute to the conversation than that, because there is not a single other thing they can say about Lebron's game the last few years so they go at him for flopping. Seems like grasping at straws to me, but whatever I'm sure I'll get called a homer for trying to defend the best player in the league, which I really feel like I shouldn't have to do.

Tony_Starks
04-25-2014, 08:05 PM

To be fair one could say you have the same pattern toward not only Kobe but the Lakers in general.

What's good for the goose is good for the gander.
( even though I don't know what a gander is)

mark1125
04-25-2014, 08:19 PM
Always a good read watching the haters and jock riders go to war over a non-story.

Dude got elbowed in the throat and MAY have embellished a little. That pretty much describes most of the NBA after a hard foul.

JdKing7
04-25-2014, 08:22 PM
getting hit in the neck is so much worse than the face. I have been hit hundreds of times in the face, and not many of them hurt (direct ones from someone who can punch did, but that was not often). Neck shots? Oh, they hurt if they make impact. Hence why they are illegal in fighting competitions.

Without a doubt. I remember the first time i got punched in the throat and I was literally gasping for air for like 5 minutes. It felt like i swallowed something and it was lodged in my throat. I'd definitely rather take one to the face (minus the nose) than the throat.

Raps08-09 Champ
04-25-2014, 08:25 PM
Let me elbow you in the neck and see how fast you get up.

Hawkeye15
04-25-2014, 08:31 PM

inside joke. Check out the LMA thread if you would like to know why I replied that.

Pablonovi
04-25-2014, 08:47 PM
I wasn't there on the court at that game. I have no way of knowing for sure how much it hurt LeBron.

But I would have just as much "right" to claim that it hurt way worse than he let on. That he sucked it up; that he was a "real man" about it. No one can refute this possibility - unless LeBron addresses the issue AND we could be certain that he was telling the 100% truth.

For myself, it looked terrible. Yet LeBron did NOT cause a delay of game. That was the refs reviewing the "call".

This calls to mind the injuries and "injuries" in soccer. I'm not knowledgeable of the game to be at all sure; but at least once a game every game, it seems to me that a player is (vastly) exaggerating an injury. Compared to them, how LeBron behaved was nothing.

P.S. When a person achieves greatness at something; they tend (but not always) to exaggerate less not more. Why? Because they don't need it; they may even feel it is below their dignity to behave like that.

LeBron, in this case, could have thought, "I can't let the opposing players realize how bad I'm hurt; otherwise, they'll go at me extra hard to try to take advantage while they can. So, I've gotta get over this asap; and meanwhile, pretend like it was a lot less than it was.

goingfor28
04-25-2014, 08:52 PM
I wasn't there on the court at that game. I have no way of knowing for sure how much it hurt LeBron.

But I would have just as much "right" to claim that it hurt way worse than he let on. That he sucked it up; that he was a "real man" about it. No one can refute this possibility - unless LeBron addresses the issue AND we could be certain that he was telling the 100% truth.

For myself, it looked terrible. Yet LeBron did NOT cause a delay of game. That was the refs reviewing the "call".

This calls to mind the injuries and "injuries" in soccer. I'm not knowledgeable of the game to be at all sure; but at least once a game every game, it seems to me that a player is (vastly) exaggerating an injury. Compared to them, how LeBron behaved was nothing.

P.S. When a person achieves greatness at something; they tend (but not always) to exaggerate less not more. Why? Because they don't need it; they may even feel it is below their dignity to behave like that.

LeBron, in this case, could have thought, "I can't let the opposing players realize how bad I'm hurt; otherwise, they'll go at me extra hard to try to take advantage while they can. So, I've gotta get over this asap; and meanwhile, pretend like it was a lot less than it was.

Yes. Soccer players are by far the worst. Not even close. They literally jog by another player and fall over and stay down screaming

Avenged
04-25-2014, 08:52 PM
You're right.

:laugh2:

Hawkeye15
04-25-2014, 08:55 PM
Without a doubt. I remember the first time i got punched in the throat and I was literally grasping for air for like 5 minutes. It felt like i swallowed something and it was lodged in my throat. I'd definitely rather take one to the face (minus the nose) than the throat.

exactly. But you should never be hit in the nose, unless you have no idea how to react to a person trying to punch you.

Riodagoat
04-25-2014, 09:17 PM
As big as a Lebron's fan as I am, I am going to take my homer hat off for a second.

I for one, agree with OP. The ONE thing I hate about Lebron is how much he tries to sell hard fouls on him. You're a strong dude. You got fouled hard. We get it. HOWEVER, this does not deserve its own thread. It just invites flamers to post here.

Did he get fouled hard? Hell yea. Did he sell it a little too much? Sure. But then again, why do we need to talk about it?

Pablonovi
04-25-2014, 09:17 PM
exactly. But you should never be hit in the nose, unless you have no idea how to react to a person trying to punch you.

Hey Hawk,
A few years back I got sucker-punched right into the nose by one of a group of guys who a "friend" of ours had paid to kill me. (It wasn't until years later that we finally figured this out. With me just dead, he had hoped and expected that my baby would have collapsed into his arms).

I didn't see it coming until his fist was literally IN my nose. I went momentarily unconscious. I "came to" with blood squirting everywhere and my head feeling like someone had taken a blow-torch to it. I couldn't see straight; and my "seeing" was better than my thinking. The sensation of spinning was overwhelming. My hearing was mal-functioning; everything was "coming in" in staccato.

He had disintegrated my nose; it was not fixable medically (short of way more money that we had). For several months afterward, day and night I would see flashes of light in the corners of both eyes.

So, yeah, the only thing worse than getting punched in the nose is getting punched in the balls.

P.S. I managed to get off one retaliatory punch back to his nose; and then they piled on and beat the living-daylights out of me. The smashed nose turned out to be one of the lesser of my injuries. It took 18 months of Kobe-like work before I could even walk or go out in public.

JdKing7
04-25-2014, 09:18 PM

You got that right. That's the first place im going for if I suspect an individual put his guard down for a split second or doesn't know how to react. Either there eyes are instantly watering or it will stun them for a few seconds and in the mean time you can get a few extra in. I was basically referring to getting hit with anything in the nose, whether it be a puck, head or whatever.

Hawkeye15
04-25-2014, 09:22 PM
Hey Hawk,
A few years back I got sucker-punched right into the nose by one of a group of guys who a "friend" of ours had paid to kill me. (It wasn't until years later that we finally figured this out. With me just dead, he had hoped and expected that my baby would have collapsed into his arms).

I didn't see it coming until his fist was literally IN my nose. I went momentarily unconscious. I "came to" with blood squirting everywhere and my head feeling like someone had taken a blow-torch to it. I couldn't see straight; and my "seeing" was better than my thinking. The sensation of spinning was overwhelming. My hearing was mal-functioning; everything was "coming in" in staccato.

He had disintegrated my nose; it was not fixable medically (short of way more money that we had). For several months afterward, day and night I would see flashes of light in the corners of both eyes.

So, yeah, the only thing worse than getting punched in the nose is getting punched in the balls.

P.S. I managed to get off one retaliatory punch back to his nose; and then they piled on and beat the living-daylights out of me. The smashed nose turned out to be one of the lesser of my injuries.

yeah a blind shot is the only way one should land. If you are in a circle of trust, and you get hit, not really your fault.

But, I fought for 12-13 years, in various competitions. You just tend to watch those "bad" areas like a hawk haha.

Hawkeye15
04-25-2014, 09:24 PM
You got that right. That's the first place im going for if I suspect an individual put his guard down for a split second or doesn't know how to react. Either there eyes are instantly watering or it will stun them for a few seconds and in the mean time you can get a few extra in. I was basically referring to getting hit with anything in the nose, whether it be a puck, head or whatever.

no, if you get in trouble, go for the throat, because your land radius is 5 times as big as going for a nose when someone turns, or is going defensive because it kicks in...

Trust me :)

JdKing7
04-25-2014, 09:26 PM
no, if you get in trouble, go for the throat, because your land radius is 5 times as big as going for a nose when someone turns, or is going defensive because it kicks in...

Trust me :)

I believe you. I tell girls all the time if your alone at night and someone messes with you and you got no other defense, either go for the nuts or drill him in the throat.

Hawkeye15
04-25-2014, 09:29 PM
I believe you. I tell girls all the time if your alone at night and someone messes with you and you got no other defense, either go for the nuts or drill him in the throat.

again, even the nuts are harder, because a dude's natural reaction when something comes at them, is to turn the face, and turn the body. But, the neck follows afterwards. It's there. Open.

Hit it, and hit it hard. then turn and burn.

JdKing7
04-25-2014, 09:38 PM
again, even the nuts are harder, because a dude's natural reaction when something comes at them, is to turn the face, and turn the body. But, the neck follows afterwards. It's there. Open.

Hit it, and hit it hard. then turn and burn.

For sure, I was just picturing someone coming from behind and grabbing them and giving them a swift kick to the nuts backwards. I definitely see what you are saying though and have to agree. There's a reason in martial arts or self-defense classes they teach throat strikes. If the opposing individual tucks their chin, it's not as easily accessible though.

LakerShow
04-25-2014, 09:41 PM
Getting elbowed in the neck hurts, but Lebron did, and makes his fouls seem way to over the top. It looks stupid , cause its obvious hes making seem like its worser than it is. Wwe comparison is funny lol.

Hawkeye15
04-25-2014, 09:41 PM
For sure, I was just picturing someone coming from behind and grabbing them and giving them a swift kick to the nuts backwards. I definitely see what you are saying though and have to agree. There's a reason in martial arts or self-defense classes they teach throat strikes. If the opposing individual tucks their chin, it's not as easily accessible though.

If they tuck the face down, they know how to fight, and now you have another set of problems.

Again, the neck is the easiest point to attack. For a normal altercation.

Hawkeye15
04-25-2014, 09:42 PM
Getting elbowed in the neck hurts, but Lebron did, and makes his fouls seem way to over the top. It looks stupid , cause its obvious hes making seem like its worse than it is. Wwe comparison is funny lol.

Like I said, when I played, my Dad said he used to do it to, and when I would take a big hit, at a stage of the game I was tired in, I would roll around and fake it to get 30 seconds of rest without having to come out.

Everything can be used as an advantage.

sunsfan88
04-25-2014, 09:48 PM
All NBA flop team:

Bosh
Griffin
LBJ
Harden
CP3
Bosh doesn't flop enough. You gotta get someone else for C.

LakerShow
04-25-2014, 09:48 PM
Like I said, when I played, my Dad said he used to do it to, and when I would take a big hit, at a stage of the game I was tired in, I would roll around and fake it to get 30 seconds of rest without having to come out.

Everything can be used as an advantage.

Makes sense. But the grabbing and rolling still seems weak. Lebron is a bad actor. Lol.

gangis2169
04-25-2014, 09:53 PM

gangis2169
04-25-2014, 09:53 PM
Lmao I mean he is playing against the Bobcats in the playoffs..... They should be able to use chainsaws and guns. I mean come on Lebron and the Heat have it sooooo easy. What a joke. No wonder why all the greats don't give them any credit. The Heat are weak champions on a manufactured super team in the worst conference in NBA History. All the teams should be able to get away with murder its so mismatched.

Hawkeye15
04-25-2014, 10:13 PM
Makes sense. But the grabbing and rolling still seems weak. Lebron is a bad actor. Lol.

maybe I was a good actor haha

LBJackpot
04-25-2014, 10:32 PM
This just proves when it comes to LeBron people will complain about anything. I love being a LeBron fan its glorious how mad people get that LeBron is dominating the league.

Kobe fans need to chill and stop worrying about LeBron. That ship has sailed. LeBron is by far the better player and there really isnt a debate besides the Kobetard favorite argument "5"

JasonJohnHorn
04-25-2014, 11:38 PM

lol

Not quite.... and I'm Canadian ;-)

LeBron is the best player on the planet in my eyes (even if KD had a better season), I just get annoyed at this stuff.

LeBron speaks about legacy all the time, but when he does stuff like this.... Jordan never pulled this. Kobe Never pulled this. K-Malone. Hakeem. Magic. Bird. Dr. J.

I was a Bad Boys fan from back in the day, I saw Karl Malone throw that viscous elbow on Isiah Thomas, and Thomas was a 6-foot point guard who was a 180 pounds soaking wet and needed a number of stitches for that hit and he still didn't sell that hit as much as LBJ sold this.

the problem is that LBJ sells EVERYTHING, so when he actually gets hit for real, it looks like an act.

The guy has to man up. This instance may have been more justified than others, but honestly, his pattern of behaviour calls his response to all such fouls into question.

Isiah Thomas would have handled that hit better. LBJ embarrasses himself when he acts like he just got body slammed on the canvas .

IKnowHoops
04-25-2014, 11:42 PM

hahahaha. Ignorance. Give me your throat, I can easily make anyone in here do exactly what Lebron did after he got hit and much worse. I'm sure many of you in here criticizing would actually start crying from pain and fear of not being able to breathe. Well congrats Lebron, you have now hit a level of "needless criticism" no man has ever been to.

ghettosean
04-25-2014, 11:53 PM

lol

Not quite.... and I'm Canadian ;-)

LeBron is the best player on the planet in my eyes (even if KD had a better season), I just get annoyed at this stuff.

LeBron speaks about legacy all the time, but when he does stuff like this.... Jordan never pulled this. Kobe Never pulled this. K-Malone. Hakeem. Magic. Bird. Dr. J.

I was a Bad Boys fan from back in the day, I saw Karl Malone throw that viscous elbow on Isiah Thomas, and Thomas was a 6-foot point guard who was a 180 pounds soaking wet and needed a number of stitches for that hit and he still didn't sell that hit as much as LBJ sold this.

the problem is that LBJ sells EVERYTHING, so when he actually gets hit for real, it looks like an act.

The guy has to man up. This instance may have been more justified than others, but honestly, his pattern of behaviour calls his response to all such fouls into question.

Isiah Thomas would have handled that hit better. LBJ embarrasses himself when he acts like he just got body slammed on the canvas .

This is one of the reasons i can't stand Lebron... one of the reasons!

Also well said with the added history lesson... those are the days i miss the most... it's not about contact per say it's more that players today fake too many flops and fouls that it just takes away from the game. LBJ got hit hard though no doubt on this call but it's fair to question him because of his history of flopping.

Chronz
04-26-2014, 12:04 AM
You're right.

The question we should be asking after that, is why are you always the one hurrying to ask that question?

PSDception

JasonJohnHorn
04-26-2014, 12:24 AM
Just want to say that this thread got a little more out of hand than I anticipated, though I perhaps should have expected it.

Though I am not of the same mind of RamMan and Hawkeye (and others who share their view), their interpretation is certainly valid and I don't think guys speaking to the severity of this play should be called LBJ homers or anything of the sort. There is a legit case on both sides of the argument here.

My concern here is LBJ's pattern of behaviour when it comes to selling a foul and how it impacts how fans, the league and officials respond when there is actually a legit hard foul.

We've seen LBJ flop in the playoffs and get Tyson Chandler a flagarant for hard pick, and then when conflicts like the Nazr Mohamed one arise, the league/officials respond with a skewed reaction. It soils the game.

And again, it is frankly a cand-@$$ move to be selling fouls like this all the time. Alpha dogs don't need sell fouls. If LBJ wants people to take him seriously when he gets hit like this, then he needs to stop exaggerating the piddly fouls.

When one acts so much, and 'performs', it becomes hard to tell the difference between reality and fiction.

tdg823
04-26-2014, 01:45 AM
And then he cries about the fouls to the media (while stating that he's not crying, just to clear that up).

Look if y'all play any ball you know that guy. He always looks to initiate the contact, whether he's a driver/slasher or a bigger post guy. as often as not he does so illegally. But he can't stand if you give anything near reciprocal contact. If you don't allow yourself to just get pushed out of the way, he screams bloody murder and calls foul. Every time. That's Lebron.

To the original point, maybe the foul was that hard, not really fair of me to say, but it sure didn't look that bad honestly. I think I can relate, I'm 35, been playing ball at the parks and y's and such in my little towns of Canton, Massillon and Sandusky for 20 good years. I've had 10 stitches to the lip, 8 to the eye, 20+ to the leg (piece of glass courtside I fell on after a foul), few broken fingers, broken ankle, perma-knot on the outside of my right knee from diving for loose balls, etc.. I'm not a "skilled" player, trust me, I have to mix it up.
Can't stand guys that want to come into the paint and give it, but are too dainty to even get leaned on.
Get big down there big fella or stay outside.

And on a side note, the officiating in this playoffs SUCKS. Not a Lebron comment, just got done watching the latter part of that Blazers/Rockets game and it was depressingly bad. Has been almost every time I've watched a playoff game so far. Can't we get another basketball league to watch? Like ABA 2.0?

FlashBolt
04-26-2014, 01:55 AM
Like I've always said, this is more-so a biased hater who needs any publicity regarding LJ to make negative of. He got his. Hard. McRoberts wasn't aiming for the ball and clearly there was some force to it. Did he overreact? Maybe. But you don't know that. Also, why is it wrong for a player to overreact when someone deliberately elbows them in the throat? Especially since that would've more than likely been a 3 point play. It's the playoffs.

All-In
04-26-2014, 02:10 AM
Just want to say that this thread got a little more out of hand than I anticipated, though I perhaps should have expected it.

Though I am not of the same mind of RamMan and Hawkeye (and others who share their view), their interpretation is certainly valid and I don't think guys speaking to the severity of this play should be called LBJ homers or anything of the sort. There is a legit case on both sides of the argument here.

My concern here is LBJ's pattern of behaviour when it comes to selling a foul and how it impacts how fans, the league and officials respond when there is actually a legit hard foul.

We've seen LBJ flop in the playoffs and get Tyson Chandler a flagarant for hard pick, and then when conflicts like the Nazr Mohamed one arise, the league/officials respond with a skewed reaction. It soils the game.

And again, it is frankly a cand-@$$ move to be selling fouls like this all the time. Alpha dogs don't need sell fouls. If LBJ wants people to take him seriously when he gets hit like this, then he needs to stop exaggerating the piddly fouls.

When one acts so much, and 'performs', it becomes hard to tell the difference between reality and fiction.

The dude said he got the wind knocked out of him…if true that’s understandable then….its tough to judge……but you have a problem with that???? That’s ****ing stupid….how many times during the playoffs we’ve seen a player flop on a 3-point follow threw? If there is a whiff of the defender….bam…straight to the ground….Chris Paul, JJ Reddick, Westbrook, Curry, Harden… to me that’s a big…big problem…because sometimes the defender doesn’t even lay a hand on them….and it happens during important situations and might determine a series… …but you have a problem with this? Its not just LBJ…everyone wants an “advantage”….it’s not like their taking his lead…if you’re telling me other players wouldn’t have done the same thing, bull-****! An extra free throw and the ball during crunch time….sign me up....They all want that “advantage” ….there are certain things I have problems with….this particular incident is not one of them…or I’m I concern about a ripple affect between reality and fiction….everyone does it! You know why...because they want to win....and getting a player an extra foul or your team an extra foul shot could be the difference between winning and losing

IKnowHoops
04-26-2014, 03:05 AM
And then he cries about the fouls to the media (while stating that he's not crying, just to clear that up).

Look if y'all play any ball you know that guy. He always looks to initiate the contact, whether he's a driver/slasher or a bigger post guy. as often as not he does so illegally. But he can't stand if you give anything near reciprocal contact. If you don't allow yourself to just get pushed out of the way, he screams bloody murder and calls foul. Every time. That's Lebron.

To the original point, maybe the foul was that hard, not really fair of me to say, but it sure didn't look that bad honestly. I think I can relate, I'm 35, been playing ball at the parks and y's and such in my little towns of Canton, Massillon and Sandusky for 20 good years. I've had 10 stitches to the lip, 8 to the eye, 20+ to the leg (piece of glass courtside I fell on after a foul), few broken fingers, broken ankle, perma-knot on the outside of my right knee from diving for loose balls, etc.. I'm not a "skilled" player, trust me, I have to mix it up.
Can't stand guys that want to come into the paint and give it, but are too dainty to even get leaned on.
Get big down there big fella or stay outside.

And on a side note, the officiating in this playoffs SUCKS. Not a Lebron comment, just got done watching the latter part of that Blazers/Rockets game and it was depressingly bad. Has been almost every time I've watched a playoff game so far. Can't we get another basketball league to watch? Like ABA 2.0?

Huh? Then just take a charge. He's one of the easiest players in the league to take a charge on. Especially since he's so big you go flying. Take a charge if he is playing so rough. All this double talk. One day the league is so soft, and then in the same breath Bron plays to rough.

Shlumpledink
04-26-2014, 03:07 AM
I got elbowed in the throat and didn't break stride. Some of us are just tougher than Lebron is.

naps
04-26-2014, 03:18 AM
This was the Josh McRoberts play:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pjl3zOYPbRg

Firstly, the foul McRoberts committed deserved a flag-2, and deserve a 1-game suspension in my book. I'm fine with the fine and such.

What I have an issue with is how Long Lebron spends after the play selling the hit. To me, that just seemed excessive. I realize it was a bad hit. But when he spends that much time selling it... it's frankly annoying and delays the game. I realize he needs a minute to get himself together after being hit by a guy as big as McRoberts, but he the way he's crawling on the ground and rolling over and grabbing at his neck and wincing... it frankly looked like a scripted WWF match (I'm oldschool, forget that WWE $#!T).

Thoughts?

I bet you are another internet smart who never got smashed on the throat after going that high on that speed. You obviously wouldn't make this thread if you ever played any sports that involves physicality. Not to mention most of your threads resonate the sexy youtube video titles that are created only for the sole purpose of garnering views.

huh? What is this (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GLzlK_CiCFg) tough guy?

naps
04-26-2014, 03:20 AM
And Larry bird also got so banged up he couldn't finish his career. Nobody knows what any of these guys would have played like back then so stop assuming you do. He didn't slow the game down at all. I fact if the refs would have done their job it would have slowed the game down even more by checking for the flagrant foul. You just make crappy threads.

He always does. Always creating borderline troll threads for people to come in and keep it on the first page as long as possible. Funny how he is acting like a God here as if he knows exactly how hard LeBron got hit by. There are a few more of his kinds who look for attention with their ever controversial threads and internet tough guy mentality on this forum. In reality they probably never owned a basketball in their lives.

sjbirds
04-26-2014, 03:23 AM
Didn't read most of this thread but nba players need to man the **** up.. would you ever see an nhl player in the playoffs ***** up?

Zefflin
04-26-2014, 03:40 AM
Imagine Lebron taking big hits in the NFL, :laugh2: #LeFlop

naps
04-26-2014, 03:52 AM

Now imagine if this guy (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GLzlK_CiCFg) played in the NFL?

IKnowHoops
04-26-2014, 03:54 AM

He wouldn't allow himself to be exposed, he'd deliver a hit rather than not be prepared when some scab comes in and take s cheap shot on his throat. He was all state at football, he can play, this is well known.

tdg823
04-26-2014, 03:56 AM
And when it's been firmly established that you're not going to get that charge call? How many times does he initiate the contact and how many times does a charge get called? That's so obvious I'm surprised it was called into question. If the issue is me personally taking a charge, well good luck trying to get a charge, over the back, loose ball foul, etc... Unless it's really obvious and egregious, you'll get laughed at trying to call that. I did cause one really memorable scene at a crowded park a few summers back over a charge call. Me and a friend of mine still laugh about that one...

tdg823
04-26-2014, 04:00 AM
He'd have a spider sense on the football field and know 2 seconds ahead of time when the was the threat of him being hit. SMH...

Hawkeye15
04-26-2014, 04:56 AM

totally. Imagine if LeBron could lay the pipe down instead of trying to dodge oncoming contact so he doesn't get a charge?

It's funny that people don't realize he is Karl Malone's size while playing point forward. If the game was supposed to be that physical, LeBron would just run over and step on his opponents.

P&GRealist
04-26-2014, 05:20 AM
Now imagine if this guy (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GLzlK_CiCFg) played in the NFL?

Pau hit him on the forehead. :confused:

P&GRealist
04-26-2014, 05:22 AM
The question we should be asking after that, is why are you always the one hurrying to ask that question?

PSDception

I don't even know what to say but...

:clap:

(one of my fave movies actually)

JasonJohnHorn
04-26-2014, 07:26 AM
I bet you are another internet smart who never got smashed on the throat after going that high on that speed. You obviously wouldn't make this thread if you ever played any sports that involves physicality. Not to mention most of your threads resonate the sexy youtube video titles that are created only for the sole purpose of garnering views.

huh? What is this (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GLzlK_CiCFg) tough guy?

First: I have been hit in the throat while playing ball.
Second: All players have sold a hit, my problem is that LBJ does it all the time. For every ONE video of Kobe selling something you can find, there are at least 20 of LBJ doing the same thing.

I'm speaking to a pattern of behaviour. You've offered an isolated incident.

JasonJohnHorn
04-26-2014, 07:32 AM
He always does. Always creating borderline troll threads for people to come in and keep it on the first page as long as possible. Funny how he is acting like a God here as if he knows exactly how hard LeBron got hit by. There are a few more of his kinds who look for attention with their ever controversial threads and internet tough guy mentality on this forum. In reality they probably never owned a basketball in their lives.

:rolls eyes:

If you think calling a guy out for over acting is 'acting like god', then you and I CLEARLY have different concepts of how god acts.

Expressing an opinion isn't 'acting like god'.

As for the troll comment, obviously since a number of people are concerned about this consistent flopping on James's part, it is not a 'troll' issue, it is an issue multiple fans have.

And again, I am not speaking to this isolated incident, I am speaking to a pattern of behaviour.

And what 'troll' threads do I post?

Also, I have played basketball, for a great many years (I've been playing the game for over 25 years, thank you), and as for the 'internet tough guy' routine, that would be what YOU are doing, insulting people over the internet because you are protected by the anonymity of the internet.

I brought up an issue. If you want to speak to the issue, fine, if you want to attack me, or don't like my threads, then don't read them.

Speak to the issue, or move on. Accusing other people of acting like an internet tough guy when YOU are the one throwing insults at people from the safety of your computer just makes you look like a fool.

Chrisclover
04-26-2014, 07:44 AM
All NBA flop team:

Bosh
Griffin
LBJ
Harden
CP3

laudable and impressive lineup.

Chrisclover
04-26-2014, 07:48 AM
he took a shot in the throat, that can hurt more than being punched, in fact, it always does.

I took my Dad's technique, and every time there was a physical play I was involved in, if I was tired, I rolled on the ground in fake agony to get some rest. He may have just been doing that too...

any advantage you can get in sports gentlemen. Period.

Dishonest :laugh:

Goose17
04-26-2014, 08:30 AM
Seriously? He got elbowed in the throat ffs.

This^

BoSox47
04-26-2014, 08:43 AM

i agree with this. Hit him in the throat but it was unintentional. Looked like he jumped and then realized lebron was running straight through him and went to curl up to protect his body and ended up elbowing lebron.

therealwd27
04-26-2014, 09:52 AM
Lol is this thread for real? Come back to me when you get elbowed in throat full speed by a 6'11 250 lb guy. Smh idiots

TylerSL
04-26-2014, 10:56 AM
totally. Imagine if LeBron could lay the pipe down instead of trying to dodge oncoming contact so he doesn't get a charge?

It's funny that people don't realize he is Karl Malone's size while playing point forward. If the game was supposed to be that physical, LeBron would just run over and step on his opponents.

this

Some people just hate Lebron so much they don't realize that Lebron would be way better off if the league was more physical as he would just run rampant over most of the guys in the league. Sure he would complain about getting hit sometimes, but when you are the size of Karl Malone, have the skill of Kobe, and the athleticisim of a point guard, you would totally thrive in any era of the league. 6-8, 240 faster than most, yet to some, he is just a twig in the wind......

Patriot Pride
04-26-2014, 11:21 AM
It's not just Lebron But I agree the post foul whimpering and rolling around on the floor needs to end. Looks so stupid and reminds me of soccer players flopping.

Pablonovi
04-26-2014, 06:28 PM
yeah a blind shot is the only way one should land. If you are in a circle of trust, and you get hit, not really your fault.

But, I fought for 12-13 years, in various competitions. You just tend to watch those "bad" areas like a hawk haha.

Hey Hawk,
We had spent the entire evening dancing surrounded very closely by this group of 6 guys. (They were obviously friends with each other). I was busy all-night watching them all; they didn't touch her but they were a bit too close for me to relax. Then, a 7th member of their group came up and actually touched her on the skirt. She told me. I turned to him and reminded him (with a smile) "We must respect one another." As I had begun to speak, they crowded in super-tight. I was forced to keep my glance moving between all of them. His answer to my simple "respect" statement was his round-house to my nose.

(That evening was part of the most unbelievable day of my life (and I'd bet few people have EVER had a more unusual and wilder day).

Look for it, appearing soon, in this thread, Titled:
"Dancing Delights & (Near-) Disasters Amidst Wild & Crazy Two-Legged Animals"

Link: http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/showthread.php?862539-Dancing-Delights-amp-(Near-)-Disasters-Amidst-Wild-amp-Crazy-Two-Legged-Animals

Chronz
04-27-2014, 01:26 AM
qUESTION? How do you know Bron didn't need the time to heal and recover? Its rhetorical question but feel free attempting to answer, its pretty much impossible to assume similar pain thresholds for all involved in your " patter of behavior " analysis. Your lack of response to this = troll thread. Which is better than the hubris it takes if you're actually serious.

IKnowHoops
04-27-2014, 04:27 AM
Hey Hawk,
We had spent the entire evening dancing surrounded very closely by this group of 6 guys. (They were obviously friends with each other). I was busy all-night watching them all; they didn't touch her but they were a bit too close for me to relax. Then, a 7th member of their group came up and actually touched her on the skirt. She told me. I turned to him and reminded him (with a smile) "We must respect one another." As I had begun to speak, they crowded in super-tight. I was forced to keep my glance moving between all of them. His answer to my simple "respect" statement was his round-house to my nose.

(That evening was part of the most unbelievable day of my life (and I'd bet few people have EVER had a more unusual and wilder day).

Link: http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/showthread.php?862539-Dancing-Delights-amp-(Near-)-Disasters-Amidst-Wild-amp-Crazy-Two-Legged-Animals

I just read you first post in your link. Dude you are awesome.

Kenny Powders
04-27-2014, 08:30 AM
I'd like to see Lebron in the nhl playoffs

koreancabbage
04-27-2014, 09:31 AM
All NBA flop team:

Bosh
Griffin
LBJ
Harden
CP3

also top 5 players in their positions. who cares. They sell the call. we hate it but its died down. It was an epidemic before. we rarely see the flopping happening now.

Pablonovi
04-27-2014, 09:51 AM
I just read you first post in your link. Dude you are awesome.

Hey IKH,
Thank you so much. You humble me, truly.
btw Would you mind saying WHY you say this?
For example, because you what I write is entertaining; OR maybe because of something I did; OR ?

Fnom11
04-27-2014, 01:54 PM
That moment when a player you live to hate is so good at basketball that the only thing you can complain about is how he reacts to fouls.

Kobephiles need new content

JasonJohnHorn
04-27-2014, 03:16 PM
All I know is Steven Nash got a headbutt to the nose and didn't even go down. Dude needed stitches for crying out loud but managed to stay standing up the entire time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rM0ndgMMVEA

P&GRealist
04-27-2014, 03:25 PM
:rolls eyes:

If you think calling a guy out for over acting is 'acting like god', then you and I CLEARLY have different concepts of how god acts.

Expressing an opinion isn't 'acting like god'.

As for the troll comment, obviously since a number of people are concerned about this consistent flopping on James's part, it is not a 'troll' issue, it is an issue multiple fans have.

And again, I am not speaking to this isolated incident, I am speaking to a pattern of behaviour.

And what 'troll' threads do I post?

Also, I have played basketball, for a great many years (I've been playing the game for over 25 years, thank you), and as for the 'internet tough guy' routine, that would be what YOU are doing, insulting people over the internet because you are protected by the anonymity of the internet.

I brought up an issue. If you want to speak to the issue, fine, if you want to attack me, or don't like my threads, then don't read them.

Speak to the issue, or move on. Accusing other people of acting like an internet tough guy when YOU are the one throwing insults at people from the safety of your computer just makes you look like a fool.

You and I don't see eye to eye on some stuff, but I absolutely respect this post.

P&GRealist
04-27-2014, 03:26 PM
That moment when a player you live to hate is so good at basketball that the only thing you can complain about is how he reacts to fouls.

Kobephiles need new content

I don't think JasonJohnHorn is a Kobe or Laker fan.

JasonJohnHorn
04-27-2014, 03:55 PM
I don't think JasonJohnHorn is a Kobe or Laker fan.

I don't think so either.

And I even say in my post that I believe LBJ is the best player on the planet, so I'm not sure why people think I'm 'hating' on him. This is just a part of the game that annoys me, especially coming from a big guy who is a dominant player.

mngopher35
04-27-2014, 04:02 PM
I don't think so either.

And I even say in my post that I believe LBJ is the best player on the planet, so I'm not sure why people think I'm 'hating' on him. This is just a part of the game that annoys me, especially coming from a big guy who is a dominant player.

I won't pretend like Lebron doesn't do his share of acting/exaggerating/flopping etc. You just chose one of the worst possible examples out there as getting hit like that in the throat actually can do this to someone (or worse, I have seen a player sent to the hospital on a similar hit, the throat is a weak spot for anyone). It was a very poor choice to use this as the example.

JasonJohnHorn
04-27-2014, 04:10 PM
I won't pretend like Lebron doesn't do his share of acting/exaggerating/flopping etc. You just chose one of the worst possible examples out there as getting hit like that in the throat actually can do this to someone (or worse, I have seen a player sent to the hospital on a similar hit, the throat is a weak spot for anyone). It was a very poor choice to use this as the example.

The thread isn't about this one example, it is about a pattern of behaviour and how, in the context of that pattern of behaviour, you can't take anything the guy does seriously.

If he never flopped, then I'd see that and say: WOW! That was rough!

But he flops all the time, so I see that and say: WWE material.

Was it a bad hit? FAWK YEAH! I think McRoberts should have been suspended a game for that to be honest. Was LBJ acting? FAWK YEAH!

All I know, as I have said, is Steven Nash gets head butted in the nose, bleeds out, needs several stitches and DOESN'T EVEN HIT THE GROUND! If Steven Nash is harder than you, and you are supposed to be the best player in the league, then you got an issue.

This is speaking to the pattern of behaviour and how it impacts our perception on serious plays like this one.

JasonJohnHorn
04-27-2014, 04:10 PM
You and I don't see eye to eye on some stuff, but I absolutely respect this post.

Thank you.

P&GRealist
04-27-2014, 04:20 PM
The thread isn't about this one example, it is about a pattern of behaviour and how, in the context of that pattern of behaviour, you can't take anything the guy does seriously.

Was it a bad hit? FAWK YEAH! I think McRoberts should have been suspended a game for that to be honest. Was LBJ acting? FAWK YEAH!

All I know, as I have said, is Steven Nash gets head butted in the nose, bleeds out, needs several stitches and DOESN'T EVEN HIT THE GROUND! If Steven Nash is harder than you, and you are supposed to be the best player in the league, then you got an issue.

This is speaking to the pattern of behaviour and how it impacts our perception on serious plays like this one.

Who can forget 2012 1st rd against the Knicks and the multiple flops he had against Tyson Chandler. I think there were two instances where he over exaggerated a Chandler screen with a "whiplash" effect. Another where he had the ball near the baselined and was falling out of bounds and faked being pushed out by Chandler.

There was one in the 2011 finals against Dallas where he was driving to the rim and just flailed back and out of bounds with him ramming into the guy.

mngopher35
04-27-2014, 04:32 PM

Yes in the past he has but this one you can't possibly know. As I have said I have seen a hit like this to the throat (except probably with less force since we aren't as athletic) send a guy to the hospital because he couldn't breathe. You just chose a very bad example as it isn't in line with the others you are claiming (there are certainly examples out there).

To go along with this where is the thread on Harden, Cp3, Griffin, Tony Allen (ManRam made it in an apparent response?) etc. Lebron isn't the only player doing it and you chose to call him out on a legit hit where he easily could have been that injured (we will never know but like I said I have seen what that type of hit can do and don't think it was very exaggerated) . Like I said I don't disagree with you necessarily but these "performances" happen lot in the NBA and you decided to call a player on a legit hit/flagrant to the throat. Why now, with this player, with that type of hit?

naps
04-27-2014, 04:41 PM
Second: All players have sold a hit, my problem is that LBJ does it all the time. For every ONE video of Kobe selling something you can find, there are at least 20 of LBJ doing the same thing.

See first you said those people never did. I showed you that they did; Now you are saying pattern. Well why don't you prove the pattern you are speaking of instead if throwing something like this out of nowhere? You clearly hate Heat and James, otherwise, you would have never made this thread. The guy can't even react to a serious blow on his throat...wow what are you...another judgmental smart?

Yanks All Day
04-27-2014, 06:25 PM
LeBron can't catch a break with anything. Amazing when the guy has gotten so good the only thing to complain about is how he reacts to getting fouled.

Getting hit in the throat hurts. A lot. Add in the fact that McRoberts is 6'10 240 lbs. and had all his momentum going towards LeBron trying to save the game and the impact was probably pretty hard.

Also, LeBron isn't getting nearly as many star calls anymore. Players have to maul him for LBJ to get the whistle half the time now. Kevin Durant has turned into the player who gets tapped on the thigh and goes to the line all the time. LeBron should live at the free throw line. He shoots 7.6 free throws a game. That's 8th in the NBA and behind the likes of Demar Derozan and James Harden. No one should shoot more FTs per game than LBJ, let alone 7 other players. He just doesn't get the benefit of calls anymore, and he almost has to resort to overreacting in order to get the whistle.

ghettosean
04-27-2014, 06:35 PM

See first you said those people never did. I showed you that they did; Now you are saying pattern. Well why don't you prove the pattern you are speaking of instead if throwing something like this out of nowhere? You clearly hate Heat and James, otherwise, you would have never made this thread. The guy can't even react to a serious blow on his throat...wow what are you...another judgmental smart?

Naps everyone of all ages from old men to little kids know Lebron has a pattern of flopping and embellishing contact to get calls. This is nothing new...

Not sure why you're going so hard after the OP as if hes lying so far he's spot on.

Might as well yell at these little kids for Lebroning...

(Close to half a million views btw... that's how well know it is by children... lol... never mind other age groups)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nwyE-SJTqOw&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Hawkeye15
04-27-2014, 07:26 PM
Dishonest :laugh:

oh, I pulled a ***** move. But it saved me from going to the bench to get rest....

Hawkeye15
04-27-2014, 07:28 PM
Hey Hawk,

you let a guy land a round house? What do you consider a round house btw, because that is a lot of motion before contact.

Hawkeye15
04-27-2014, 07:30 PM

wtf does that mean? I would love to see whomever the best NHL player is in the NBA playoffs...

See how much sense that makes?

P&GRealist
04-27-2014, 07:44 PM
Naps everyone of all ages from old men to little kids know Lebron has a pattern of flopping and embellishing contact to get calls. This is nothing new...

Not sure why you're going so hard after the OP as if hes lying so far he's spot on.

Might as well yell at these little kids for Lebroning...

(Close to half a million views btw... that's how well know it is by children... lol... never mind other age groups)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nwyE-SJTqOw&feature=youtube_gdata_player

:laugh:

Touchdownboy
04-27-2014, 08:08 PM
Wouldn't survive 1 shift

Kenny Powders
04-28-2014, 09:11 AM
wtf does that mean? I would love to see whomever the best NHL player is in the NBA playoffs...

See how much sense that makes?

Essentially, what I'm saying is that when the face of your game flops around like a fish out of water most every time he gets touched should make the nba embarrassed. From the casual viewer (me) it seems pretty ridiculous to see top players acting like this. I think I've seen on more then one occasion star players, Wade and Pierce I think, being wheeled of the court in wheelchairs for arm injuries only to make a triumphant return. These types of shenanigans seem laughable to me.

mjm07
04-28-2014, 09:28 AM

What will they think of next... LOL

3RDASYSTEM
04-28-2014, 10:01 AM

people got diff. pain tolerance regards if he was getting his wwe on or not, I mean from divac to ginobili to the bean Bryant kick flailing/screaming to the today super flopping of CP3/MATTHEWS it has been going on with none throat contact, to none at all, at least BRON got leveled by a big guy right in the throat, I wonder had he got the wind knocked out of him how would you reacted? or how did you react when IBAKA knocked him out and he was laid out on the floor? was he getting his wwe on then?

has BRON flopped before or more than thrice? of course he has along with others, even IVERSON flopped at times but being 150lbs doesn't take much to knock a player off balance

its not like the CHANDLER flop he did in playoffs, not even close to that flopping faking fiasco

BRON has reacted just like BIRD did when laimbeer took his head off in playoffs so that means nothing

and I guess you don't understand that a 6'8'' 270lb freak of nature would be able to commit the same ****ing hard flagrant fouls had he played in BIRD's era

you ever think of how a mad BRON would tear someone's head off if he could get away with a hard foul? imagine that for a split second

shauneazy
04-28-2014, 10:14 AM
Lebron's soft and has been catered to his whole career. He's the only dude his size that cries over everything and expects the NBA to give him anything. He can run and bulldoze his way in the paint to slam it down with ferocity, but the moment he's touched, whether it's McRoberts or some small PG, he flails and cries and rolls around like he has been knocked out by Tyson. McRoberts did mess him up but dudeeee come on you're a physical tank - just get up and move on. Same problem Blake is having problems with.. big as hell and wants to be a monster offensively, but the moment someone touches him or comes at him sideways, he wants to cry and hide behind the refs. Lebron needs to stop trying to sell fouls all the time.

Heatcheck
04-28-2014, 10:57 AM
yeah what a pu.ssy, so what if you got elbowed in the neck by a 250 lb man...your 260 just get up and walk it off.

Seriously, some of you are ridiculous, you call him soft, but its obvious from your comments you've probably never even been in a pillow fight.

You wanna know why LeBron sells fouls? go watch the Celtics-Cavs series. the amount of contact, not just going to the rim, but just players slapping him trying try to pry the ball out of his hands is ridiculous.