PDA

View Full Version : Who stops the Heat from reaching the Finals?

raiderfaninTX
04-25-2014, 12:09 PM
If pacers and bulls go out

who matches up with them in the east then?

I just don't see it from anyone else, maybe the Hawks

goingfor28
04-25-2014, 12:11 PM
Nets

youngbey
04-25-2014, 12:12 PM
the nets, the two teams u mentioned dont have a chance

raiderfaninTX
04-25-2014, 12:14 PM
Nets

WE'VE already seen that show when they played the Celtics in the playoffs

ManRam
04-25-2014, 12:15 PM
I think BK and Chicago can give them a run for their money. The latter can't beat them, the former would take a miracle or three. The only team that I think really can is a non-imploded Indy team.

The Hawks have zero chance.

NoahH
04-25-2014, 12:15 PM
Atlanta Hawks

diu9leilomo
04-25-2014, 12:31 PM
nets? yea right, beat the raps first

mngopher35
04-25-2014, 12:41 PM
nets would probably be the biggest threat. It seems like with the Pacers falling off and no major injuries that the Heat should have a very easy road.

Tony_Starks
04-25-2014, 12:46 PM
D Wades knees and the Nets....

Goose17
04-25-2014, 12:46 PM
Nobody. Not Indiana, not Chicago, not Brooklyn. There's a lot of good teams in the East but Miami is the only truly great team out there.

ATX
04-25-2014, 12:51 PM
I think only the Heat can stop the Heat from reaching the Finals.

koreancabbage
04-25-2014, 12:52 PM
Nets

I'm trying to be non biased view since they are playing the Raptors

Nets don't look good at all. I don't know how they they went on that streak to end the season but they look VERY beatable. Unless Pierce and KG elevate their game i don't know if they have what it takes to beat the Heat - seems they are really showing their age in the first two games already.

I mean my Raptors are playing bad, but Nets are playing equally bad in these playoffs, even if both teams won a game each. Both teams had chances to win in each game.

Even though Nets won the season series, like everyone says - playoffs are a different story. Heat in probably like 5.

There is no team that could beat the Heat if both Chicago or Pacers are out. Brooklyn has NO interior defense whatsoever. JV is eating them up right now by himself. and DWill doesn't play defense. Look at the end of the game when it mattered. Lowry drove right into the paint a few times to get LAYUPS! they bothered him for the first half of the game in the PnRs.

coupled with the inability of DWill to play real defense and lack of shot blocking by the Nets - Miami should have a good time with the Nets - in the playoffs.

Even if Raps lose, the Nets are gonna be in a physical battle with the Raps, and wear them out for the next round.

THE MTL
04-25-2014, 12:57 PM

What you mean if the bulls or pacers go out? Miami would swept the both of them.

goingfor28
04-25-2014, 12:58 PM
Josh McRoberts pro wrestling moves could stop them too

Dade County
04-25-2014, 01:07 PM
The script.

MrfadeawayJB
04-25-2014, 01:08 PM
Nobody

diu9leilomo
04-25-2014, 01:10 PM
I'm trying to be non biased view since they are playing the Raptors

Nets don't look good at all. I don't know how they they went on that streak to end the season but they look VERY beatable. Unless Pierce and KG elevate their game i don't know if they have what it takes to beat the Heat - seems they are really showing their age in the first two games already.

I mean my Raptors are playing bad, but Nets are playing equally bad in these playoffs, even if both teams won a game each. Both teams had chances to win in each game.

Even though Nets won the season series, like everyone says - playoffs are a different story. Heat in probably like 5.

There is no team that could beat the Heat if both Chicago or Pacers are out. Brooklyn has NO interior defense whatsoever. JV is eating them up right now by himself. and DWill doesn't play defense. Look at the end of the game when it mattered. Lowry drove right into the paint a few times to get LAYUPS! they bothered him for the first half of the game in the PnRs.

coupled with the inability of DWill to play real defense and lack of shot blocking by the Nets - Miami should have a good time with the Nets - in the playoffs.

Even if Raps lose, the Nets are gonna be in a physical battle with the Raps, and wear them out for the next round.

This.

PhillyFaninLA
04-25-2014, 01:15 PM
Injuries, I hope it doesn't happen I never root for or enjoy them but I really don't see any of the easts teams even playing at 100% that could beat them in a playoff series.

The Nets beat them in the regular season, the playoffs are a whole other animal.

tredigs
04-25-2014, 01:15 PM
Well, the road to the finals likely goes through the Washington Wizards. So safe to say, they have no challenge.

I actually think every team in the West playoffs is better than every team outside of Miami.

diu9leilomo
04-25-2014, 01:20 PM
Well, the road to the finals likely goes through the Washington Wizards. So safe to say, they have no challenge.

I actually think every team in the West playoffs is better than every team including Miami.

fixed.

John Walls Era
04-25-2014, 01:21 PM
Nets are going to get smacked... they can't rebound. The Heat will thrive against a team like that. Wizards are way too young. Pacers suck! This is an easy year and the Heat will be rested and ready for the finals.

Hitman21
04-25-2014, 01:27 PM
Nets are going to get smacked... they can't rebound. The Heat will thrive against a team like that. Wizards are way too young. Pacers suck! This is an easy year and the Heat will be rested and ready for the finals.

Everyone keeps saying the Wiz are too young, last I checked Nene, Andre Miller, Ariza, and Gortat all have a lot of experience. outside of wall, and beal there plenty of experience on the team

P&GRealist
04-25-2014, 01:27 PM
Pencil in the Heat for the finals.

Their road just gets easier and easier. It's ridiculous.

tredigs
04-25-2014, 01:31 PM
fixed.

No, but I do think LAC, OKC and the Spurs are all better than Miami (different than beating them in the finals though, after the fatigue and battles of those series wear them down). Too bad a theoretical road to the finals for LAC goes through the Warriors, Thunder and Spurs. Still no guarantee they even get out of rd 1.

Tony_Starks
04-25-2014, 01:33 PM
Pencil in the Heat for the finals.

Their road just gets easier and easier. It's ridiculous.

And people wondered why the Heat were resting D Wade all year. It's because the east is a joke, they have a bye to the Finals while the best teams in the nba knock each other off in the West....

BALLER R
04-25-2014, 01:44 PM
If you can say the Nets I can say the raptors. The Nets aren't showing me any reason to make me believe they will even beat the Raptors, let alone the heat.

Then your gonna say they beat the heat in the regular season. But if I say well the raptors were 2-2 against the Nets so they are evenly matched, you will say regular season doesn't mean anything.

Honestly the wizards might make the ECF.

numba1CHANGsta
04-25-2014, 01:58 PM
The Heat have to be the most luckiest team in NBA history. Not only is the East a sorry excuse of a conference, but the top teams in the West are losing games. The Heat might have the easiest road to the championship yet. All I know is that the Heat wouldn't have survived in the Eastern Conference of the 90's which was the last time the conference was a legit conference.

Cal827
04-25-2014, 02:09 PM
Bobcats.

I would say the winner of the Raptors/Nets series, but the winner of that series will probably be completely exhausted from taking out the other team, while the Heat will likely be done with Charlotte in 4-5 games (I thought Charlotte could have gone to 6 with them, but with the Jefferson injury.... probably not anymore lol).

Also, there's a good chance that the other bracket could very well be Hawks-Wizards.

You know, if there was another team on par with Miami in the East, people would be complaining about the fixed brackets lol. If Toronto holds off Brooklyn, then the East match-ups could possibly be 5-8 and 2-3.

Either way, not gonna really matter, Miami will smash through everyone if things hold as they are.

PhillyFaninLA
04-25-2014, 02:14 PM
Everyone keeps saying the Wiz are too young, last I checked Nene, Andre Miller, Ariza, and Gortat all have a lot of experience. outside of wall, and beal there plenty of experience on the team

Buy a dictionary and look up the word everyone....most people are not saying that, most people aren't even talking about the Wizards

nickdymez
04-25-2014, 02:24 PM
Its just awesome how the teams out west are fighting in the playoffs. OKC has to play Memphis, Clips playing golden state, spurs playing dallas, Portland and Houston.. All evenly matched and could go either way.

Heat playing the Bobcats.. lmao Comedy

P&GRealist
04-25-2014, 02:34 PM
Its just awesome how the teams out west are fighting in the playoffs. OKC has to play Memphis, Clips playing golden state, spurs playing dallas, Portland and Houston.. All evenly matched and could go either way.

It's frustrating that's for sure.

numba1CHANGsta
04-25-2014, 02:36 PM

Exactly, I think it's time to get rid of conferences and have everyone play each other 3 times a year, that would be a total of 87 games, so either expand games from 82 to 87 or just play 5 teams twice instead of 3. Then take the top 16 teams to enter the playoffs, 1vs16, 2vs15, etc.

Take this playoffs for example, the Heat would face the Bulls in the first round, Pacers would face the Wizards, much better match ups. I just don't think the 4th and 5th best team in the league should have to face the 2 worst teams in the playoffs, its unfair and goes against the whole winning the most games logic because it doesn't reward the best teams with the worst teams.

John Walls Era
04-25-2014, 02:46 PM

Their 2 important players are too young. If they get past the Bulls (which is still a tall order), then they can learn from playing the Heat.

mngopher35
04-25-2014, 03:03 PM
At this point I agree that they should just eliminate the conferences. It probably sounds kind of dumb because every major sport has them and it has been this way for a while but I would like to just see the top 16 teams fighting it out in the playoffs at this point. Rank them 1-16 based on overall record and bracket style from there.

WadeCounty
04-25-2014, 03:08 PM
Once again people complaining about the easy road the Heat have. If the underdogs in our conference are beating the top seeded teams (all except Miami) then the teams even in the lowest tier aren't so much as a cake walk as everyone presumes and rightfully deserved their playoff spot.

Talk all you want about an easy road, your big and tough west coast finalist should then be able to defeat the Heat when it comes down to it this year. Spare me the argument in which they are battered, bruised and tired from playing tough opponents, the Heat have played more games than any other team in the past 3-4 years.

Avenged
04-25-2014, 03:11 PM
Nets aren't even getting through so so much for that.

P&GRealist
04-25-2014, 03:13 PM
Once again people complaining about the easy road the Heat have. If the underdogs in our conference are beating the top seeded teams (all except Miami) then the teams even in the lowest tier aren't so much as a cake walk as everyone presumes and rightfully deserved their playoff spot.

Talk all you want about an easy road, your big and tough west coast finalist should then be able to defeat the Heat when it comes down to it this year. Spare me the argument in which they are battered, bruised and tired from playing tough opponents, the Heat have played more games than any other team in the past 3-4 years.

The Hawks beating up on a dysfunctional team that has been playing below .500 basketball since the turn of the new yr.

The veteran Nets (not really a true 6th seed) are beating a 3 seeded inexperienced Raptors team who is just happy to be in the playoffs.

The Wizards 5th seeded fully healthy are beating up on the D-Roseless offensively challenged Bulls.

This is NOT the same as what's going on in the West. It's as competitive as you can get in the West.

Please don't EVER compare lower seeded East teams winning to lower seeded West teams winning.

still1ballin
04-25-2014, 03:13 PM
With the way Indy is playing, nets would be our only hope.

Another cakewalk for the heat!

WadeCounty
04-25-2014, 03:27 PM
The Hawks beating up on a dysfunctional team that has been playing below .500 basketball since the turn of the new yr.

The veteran Nets (not really a true 6th seed) are beating a 3 seeded inexperienced Raptors team who is just happy to be in the playoffs.

The Wizards 5th seeded fully healthy are beating up on the D-Roseless offensively challenged Bulls.

This is NOT the same as what's going on in the West. It's as competitive as you can get in the West.

Please don't EVER compare lower seeded East teams winning to lower seeded West teams winning.

That same dysfunctional team is the one that ended up with the number 1 seed even with half the seasons games remaining, surely if they were as terrible as you make them seem they wouldn't have been first seed throughout the whole year.

Nets vs Raptors I have the Raptors as the underdogs and see it as the Raptors beating up on the Nets. After all, it's your same mentality that thinks the Pacers are terrible due to their play since the beginning of this year, well the Nets play since the beginning of this year should be Stellar in your eyes.

The 5th seed Wizards are beating a Bulls team who have been playing without Rose for the past 2 years and both years still manage to make it to the playoffs. If they managed to make it to the 4th seed without Rose the entire year they obviously can keep pulling their weight without him, at least surely in the first round. Specially with all the hype of "no one wants to see the bulls in the second round".

I'm glad you were a "realist" and didn't deny there is no excuse for a West team not beating the Heat (if they make it) in the finals specially with the amount of games under their belt the past 3-4 years.

d00d
04-25-2014, 03:28 PM
this is the weakest league I have ever seen. I think they cruise to a 3rd championship

P&GRealist
04-25-2014, 03:32 PM
this is the weakest league I have ever seen. I think they cruise to a 3rd championship

Of course they cruise. Is there any doubt?

If I'm the other 29 nba teams, I either look towards the draft lottery or free agency. This Championship IMO is done and decided. 2013-2014 is the Heat's yr once again. Signed. Sealed. Delivered.

d00d
04-25-2014, 03:33 PM
I was shocked that the thread was only about reaching the finals not winning it.

If the spurs could have hit a free throw last year or just a rebound this would not be a 3 peat. sadly we have to hear about the greatest player :eyebrow: of all time till he loses

Tony_Starks
04-25-2014, 03:37 PM
The more I watch the Clipps the more I see them winning the chip over Miami. Doc has Blake and DJ finally playing like real bigs and it just seems like he gives that team so much confidence, even in losses......

P&GRealist
04-25-2014, 03:41 PM
The more I watch the Clipps the more I see them winning the chip over Miami. Doc has Blake and DJ finally playing like real bigs and it just seems like he gives that team so much confidence, even in losses......

Nah dude, Clips and Heat play the same style of small ball. The Heat are just like the Clips with the dribble penetration and 3 pt shooting, but on steroids.

Heat in 6 over Clippers.

Pablonovi
04-25-2014, 03:46 PM
Josh McRoberts pro wrestling moves could stop them too

McBob :mad:

Kyben36
04-25-2014, 03:47 PM
its sad to say but likley nobody, Wizards have the tallent IMO, but are too young and inexperienced

Nets have a chance, but i see the heat forcing their will on them.

Hawks dont have any shot IMO,

Bulls or Pacers if they could ****ing get it together, but both look meh right now.

goingfor28
04-25-2014, 03:48 PM
McBob :mad:

I love mcbob. He looks like jesus haha

Pablonovi
04-25-2014, 03:48 PM

I actually think every team in the West playoffs is better than every team outside of Miami.

Hey tredigs,
I actually agree.

Pablonovi
04-25-2014, 03:50 PM
I love mcbob. He looks like jesus haha

Hey goingfor28,
Actually I loved McBob when he was with the Lakers; and, right up until the "hack-a-throat" I've liked him in this series. He has seemed to be playing very smart and with good energy and hustle.

TylerSL
04-25-2014, 03:52 PM
nobody in the East can touch us. Brooklyn and Chicago would be the toughest teams but Chicago is gonna get knocked out. Against Brooklyn though, with the game on the line, I am taking Lebron/Wade/Bosh/Allen over Pierce/KG/Johnson/Williams. We have constantly beaten those guys in the past, when they were better players. Miami got knocked around in the regular season by Chicago and Boston in 2011, and beat them both in 5 in the playoffs, this is the same. If Toronto takes one of these games in Brooklyn they might not even make it out of round 1.

When the time comes we do lose it will be sort of like a passing of the torch (ala When Detroit beat Boston in 80's, Chicago beat Detroit 90's, Heat beat Celtics 10's). Lebron/Wade will not get knocked out in round 2.

That does not mean we will 3peat. If we met San Antonio in the Finals they would have a legit shot at beating us, just like last year. They are the only team in the league I am not certain we would beat in a 7 game series.

Pablonovi
04-25-2014, 03:53 PM
I've watched almost half the minutes played so far in the East Conference Playoffs.
My general impression so far:
With the exception of the HEAT, all the rest of the teams are playing un-inspired and/or weak ball.

I find it almost "un-watchable".

N.B. I've recently started a thread, (perhaps if PSD had Blogs, I'd call it a Blog), in which I recount a whole series of amazing Dancing-Floor stories that I have actually lived thru. You might want to check it out. I would definitely not be opposed to it if you were comment on those stories too.
Thread Title:
"Dancing Delights & (Near-) Disasters Amidst Wild & Crazy Two-Legged Animals "
Thread Link:
http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/showthread.php?862539-Dancing-Delights-amp-(Near-)-Disasters-Amidst-Wild-amp-Crazy-Two-Legged-Animals

DillyDill
04-25-2014, 04:00 PM
nobody in the East can touch us. Brooklyn and Chicago would be the toughest teams but Chicago is gonna get knocked out. Against Brooklyn though, with the game on the line, I am taking Lebron/Wade/Bosh/Allen over Pierce/KG/Johnson/Williams. We have constantly beaten those guys in the past, when they were better players. Miami got knocked around in the regular season by Chicago and Boston in 2011, and beat them both in 5 in the playoffs, this is the same. If Toronto takes one of these games in Brooklyn they might not even make it out of round 1.

When the time comes we do lose it will be sort of like a passing of the torch (ala When Detroit beat Boston in 80's, Chicago beat Detroit 90's, Heat beat Celtics 10's). Lebron/Wade will not get knocked out in round 2.

That does not mean we will 3peat. If we met San Antonio in the Finals they would have a legit shot at beating us, just like last year. They are the only team in the league I am not certain we would beat in a 7 game series.

Great analysis but do you think the Clipps or Thunder have a legit shot? KD vs LBJ, Russ vs Wade, Ibaka vs Bosh.

Shlumpledink
04-25-2014, 04:01 PM
Nobody, the east sucks.

P&GRealist
04-25-2014, 04:06 PM
I've watched almost half the minutes played so far in the East Conference Playoffs.
My general impression so far:
With the exception of the HEAT, all the rest of the teams are playing un-inspired and/or weak ball.

I find it almost "un-watchable".

N.B. I've recently started a thread, (perhaps if PSD had Blogs, I'd call it a Blog), in which I recount a whole series of amazing Dancing-Floor stories that I have actually lived thru. You might want to check it out. I would definitely not be opposed to it if you were comment on those stories too.
Thread Title:
"Dancing Delights & (Near-) Disasters Amidst Wild & Crazy Two-Legged Animals "
Thread Link:
http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/showthread.php?862539-Dancing-Delights-amp-(Near-)-Disasters-Amidst-Wild-amp-Crazy-Two-Legged-Animals

You're a very eccentric young lad.

P&GRealist
04-25-2014, 04:15 PM
I just noticed that the league gave the Heat-Bobcats 2 days rest between both games 1 and 2 and games 2 and 3. I don't think any other series has had 2 days rests on more than 1 occasion so far.

Game 1 was on Sunday

Game 2 was on Wednesday

Game 3 will be on Saturday

Is this for the league to give D-Wade more time to rest and get his legs underneath him between playoff games?

mjm07
04-25-2014, 04:15 PM
I love the East!

:dance:

Hitman21
04-25-2014, 04:40 PM
Buy a dictionary and look up the word everyone....most people are not saying that, most people aren't even talking about the Wizards

so serious

kdspurman
04-25-2014, 04:53 PM
I just noticed that the league gave the Heat-Bobcats 2 days rest between both games 1 and 2 and games 2 and 3. I don't think any other series has had 2 days rests on more than 1 occasion so far.

Game 1 was on Sunday

Game 2 was on Wednesday

Game 3 will be on Saturday

Is this for the league to give D-Wade more time to rest and get his legs underneath him between playoff games?

Spurs/Mavs have had an identical schedule to Heat/Bobcats. Not sure why they did certain series that way, doesn't make much sense to me.

Bruno
04-25-2014, 04:56 PM
with the collapse of Indy this could go down as the weakest eastern conference playoff bracket since the modern era. nobody will challenge miami until the finals. unless indy pulls a miracle and figures it out again, nobody.

TylerSL
04-25-2014, 04:58 PM
Great analysis but do you think the Clipps or Thunder have a legit shot? KD vs LBJ, Russ vs Wade, Ibaka vs Bosh.

See thats where it gets tough. The Clippers would put up a hell of a fight. With DJ playing defense the way he is, Blake being Blake, and CP3 being CP3 they would have a shot as well. So I guess I should have said San Antonio or LAC. LAC would match up well with us IMO. Doc has done alot for that team. Thinking about it, LAC would make me nervous too.

As a Heat fan I am not scared of Oklahoma City. Even though Durant had the better year and will win MVP, I believe Lebron is the better player, and will produce more. OKC strengths play to our strengths. Bosh can stretch the floor better than Ibaka and is the bigger offensive threat. While Westbrook may score more than Wade, Wade is still a reliable (and efficient) 20 point scorer and very good defender. I would also take our role players (Allen/Chalmers/Haslem/Bird/Cole/Battier) over their role players (Jackson/Butler/Collison/Fisher/Sefolosha/Lamb). Maybe it's just me but if we met OKC in the Finals, I say Heat in 6 very confidently.

This is all assuming Wade's health. Without Wade, I still say we take the East, but we are not beating whoever comes out of the West without Wade.

mngopher35
04-25-2014, 05:10 PM
with the collapse of Indy this could go down as the weakest eastern conference playoff bracket since the modern era. nobody will challenge miami until the finals. unless indy pulls a miracle and figures it out again, nobody.

The past couple of years a few people write nonsense like above to discredit the Heat/Lebron and take it a step further by saying the weakest competition ever in general.

This year I think there is a legitimate argument for the bold statement. The east really is that bad now that Indy appears to be falling apart. I probably don't know enough about the history to say for sure but my guess is it is at least close. I am curious on how a veteran Brooklyn team would play and if Indy can turn it around but right now it doesn't look good at all.

Bruno
04-25-2014, 05:18 PM
The past couple of years a few people write nonsense like above to discredit the Heat/Lebron and take it a step further by saying the weakest competition ever in general.

This year I think there is a legitimate argument for the bold statement. The east really is that bad now that Indy appears to be falling apart. I probably don't know enough about the history to say for sure but my guess is it is at least close. I am curious on how a veteran Brooklyn team would play and if Indy can turn it around but right now it doesn't look good at all.

if the pacers are showing their true colors then there is only one legitimate contender in the east. i'd be open to being told i'm wrong if someone wants to present another year since 1980 where an eastern conference bracket only had one legitimate contender. if we remove the pacers from the discussion the east only has one team in the top 11 in SRS, and that's miami.

mngopher35
04-25-2014, 05:40 PM
if the pacers are showing their true colors then there is only one legitimate contender in the east. i'd be open to being told i'm wrong if someone wants to present another year since 1980 where an eastern conference bracket only had one legitimate contender. if we remove the pacers from the discussion the east only has one team in the top 11 in SRS, and that's miami.

Yup, that is really bad. Like I said I don't know enough history to claim that it is definitely true but that's my guess. I am not sure if it is the pacers true colors exactly, I think there is just a lot of turmoil in there locker room lately and egos are getting in the way.

CubsBullsBucs
04-25-2014, 05:51 PM
Let's say the Bulls survive round 1. I say if Brooklyn gives Miami a tough 7 game series and then the Bulls sweep Atlanta, the Bulls have a shot to be well rested verse Miami in the ECF. That's the best shot.

Pablonovi
04-25-2014, 06:21 PM
Let's say the Bulls survive round 1. I say if Brooklyn gives Miami a tough 7 game series and then the Bulls sweep Atlanta, the Bulls have a shot to be well rested verse Miami in the ECF. That's the best shot.

Hey BCC,
I can see the logic in this. OTOH, the chances of this happening are very slim.

Pablonovi
04-25-2014, 06:54 PM
You're a very eccentric young lad.

Hey P&GR,
I take it you say this because of that other thread I link to? Or at least to my "N.B."

In any event.
"Very eccentric" - everybody says that; I acknowledge it. I seem to have been born this way; and have never seemed to have been able to change it.

GRAMMAR SCHOOL
I got in trouble through-out Grammar School for talking too much, for having eccentric-type thoughts and for speaking up for those eccentric ideas.

I EVEN GOT IN TROUBLE (ENDLESS TROUBLE AT THAT) FOR MY HANDWRITING
I even got in trouble for my handwriting. I repeatedly broke & set all the all-time school records for worse penmanship (and this school had existed for several decades).

I was the first ever to get an F in handwriting.
The first ever to get F's for an entire semester. At that point they assigned me a special teacher to work with me after school everyday, one-on-one. This obviously was a huge help (hehe).

Then they invented RED LETTERING on report cards - I got straight RED "F's".

Then, for their first time ever, they invented the "U" category (just "for" me, it would seem). I went the next semester with straight "U's".

And my last semester in Grammar School (end of 8th grade) I "achieved" straight RED "U's".

HIGH SCHOOL
Same thing in High School - only MUCH, MUCH more so. I almost got kicked out for:
leading prayers vis--vis Vietnam, for not just the Americans but also for the Vietnamese;
speaking out against the Vietnam war; and
objecting to them saying that girls in mini-skirts or bikinis deserved it if they got raped.

COLLEGE
Same thing in College -
I became one of THE leaders for Student Rights back when the idea had just been taken up;
I became one of THE leaders of the anti-Vietnam War Movement on campus.
I started living out-of-wedlock when that was still super-taboo.
I became a "full-time" hippie: long hair, beads, raggedly clothes, weed & acid, "love-ins", etc.
I got kicked out of my family's house by my dad for arguing too much with my mom (who, due to her super-strong Catholicism, couldn't accept any of the above.)
I lived in a two-car garage (with the other half being used for a car).

SINCE COLLEGE
Same thing since graduating from College -
I've remained unusual in almost every sense; holding many (at least temporarily) minority views, playing important, even leading, roles as an activist in a series of struggles for social justice and against injustice. I got fired from some of my jobs; I almost got purposely killed at one of them.
I got fluent in Spanish; Most of my friends were Mexican (-Americans); I "Went Mexican".

"Young lad": You and I both WISH !!! (I'm in my mid '60's; but I beg of you to keep thinking of me as a lot younger than that.)

benzni
04-25-2014, 07:05 PM
no one. The heat already won the championship :win:

T.O-Fan-2014
04-26-2014, 02:46 AM
i say winner of raptors brooklyn best possibility

T.O-Fan-2014
04-26-2014, 02:48 AM
if raptors win their game on brooklyn on sunday i say raptors take the series and will give maimi hard time

Bring The Heat
04-26-2014, 08:24 AM
Everybody saying we had it easy... Last year we went through a grueling, hard fought physical 7 game series with the Pacers which is like our worst match up b/c of their size in the ECF ... You didn't see that being an excuse not to challenge the Spurs and win the championship who mostly cruised their way to the finals (swept LA and Memphis) without a 7 game series... had plenty of rest before they had to face the Miami Heat who had only 2 days to recover.

tredigs
04-26-2014, 10:44 AM
Everybody saying we had it easy... Last year we went through a grueling, hard fought physical 7 game series with the Pacers which is like our worst match up b/c of their size in the ECF ... You didn't see that being an excuse not to challenge the Spurs and win the championship who mostly cruised their way to the finals (swept LA and Memphis) without a 7 game series... had plenty of rest before they had to face the Miami Heat who had only 2 days to recover.

Pretty fair point.

Once Westbrook went down and OKC couldn't counter the stifling Memphis D on KD, the power balanced a bit between the conferences. Although Memphis was a better team than Indiana and would have given the Heat a very similar battle, SA just happened to match up well and handle them with ease.

WadeCounty
04-26-2014, 10:57 AM
Another thing people don't take into account is that for the past decade the western teams have been robbing a legit mid first rounder from a team that really needs it opposed to the 9th seeded team in the west. Example: you have the phoenix suns just barely making it out of the playoffs yet they will end up with a higher pick than a team with a worst record in the Atlanta Hawks. Atlanta once again stuck with a meh squad while once again a western team gets even more stacked

tredigs
04-26-2014, 11:11 AM
Another thing people don't take into account is that for the past decade the western teams have been robbing a legit mid first rounder from a team that really needs it opposed to the 9th seeded team in the west. Example: you have the phoenix suns just barely making it out of the playoffs yet they will end up with a higher pick than a team with a worst record in the Atlanta Hawks. Atlanta once again stuck with a meh squad while once again a western team gets even more stacked
Pretty weak logic if you ask me, we're essentially talking about the difference between the 14th and 17th pick. Makes no difference. In that range the better run organization will scout the player that best fits their needs regardless of where they can pick them up (see: Spurs).

Crackadalic
04-26-2014, 11:22 AM
Pretty weak logic if you ask me, we're essentially talking about the difference between the 14th and 17th pick. Makes no difference. In that range the better run organization will scout the player that best fits their needs regardless of where they can pick them up (see: Spurs).

That doesn't change the fact that a really good team out west is getting a lottery pick and a sucky east team is stuck not having a chance to win a lottery and being mediocre

The draft of course is always a crap shoot but lottery picks almost always have a higher impact player then those outside of the lottery

tredigs
04-26-2014, 11:25 AM
That doesn't change the fact that a really good team out west is getting a lottery pick and a sucky east team is stuck not having a chance to win a lottery and being mediocre

The draft of course is always a crap shoot but lottery picks almost always have a higher impact player then those outside of the lottery

Picks outside the top 12 have a very, very low return of success for a team. About 1 in 10 are still in the NBA 3 years later. And that is what Phoenix will be getting. The West's dominance has nothing to do with higher picks, and everything to do with better run organizations.

waveycrockett
04-26-2014, 11:29 AM
I think the Nets and Wizards both can beat the HEAT. The Big-3 is more like the big-2 now and their role players have really fallen off. I think they will run out of gas in the ECF against the young and big Wizards or aganinst a deep Nets team in a long series.

Crackadalic
04-26-2014, 11:35 AM
Picks outside the top 12 have a very, very low return of success for a team. About 1 in 10 are still in the NBA 3 years later. And that is what Phoenix will be getting. The West's dominance has nothing to do with higher picks, and everything to do with better run organizations.

The west always have better run organization. It still doesn't change the fact that the lottery doesn't help the east teams at all when you have sub 500 teams having no chance to get a high impact player because their force to make the playoffs.

Of course you have to draft well. That isn't the point. When you have a team let's say the suns/twolves in this case getting a lottery pick on top of having a highher chance of getting a good decent role player of a chance to actually win or move it him the top 3 as oppose to a not so very good team(hawks) with a outside chance of getting a decent role player and no chance to get a lottery then it hurts the east teams from being as competitive as they should be. There are still outside variables but this part still doesn't help the eastern conference at all

FYL_McVeezy
04-26-2014, 11:38 AM
There's only one answer to this question ladies and gents, and the answer is:

Dwyane Wade

FYL_McVeezy
04-26-2014, 11:40 AM
The script.

There is no ending in the script that doesn't have "LBJ and Heat 3peat" written in it.

tredigs
04-26-2014, 11:43 AM
The west always have better run organization. It still doesn't change the fact that the lottery doesn't help the east teams at all when you have sub 500 teams having no chance to get a high impact player because their force to make the playoffs.

Of course you have to draft well. That isn't the point. When you have a team let's say the suns/twolves in this case getting a lottery pick on top of having a highher chance of getting a good decent role player of a chance to actually win or move it him the top 3 as oppose to a not so very good team(hawks) with a outside chance of getting a decent role player and no chance to get a lottery then it hurts the east teams from being as competitive as they should be. There are still outside variables but this part still doesn't help the eastern conference at all

k bud, I'm sure that 14th pick for Phoenix (a team expected to garner a high lotto pick before the season started) will prove much more valuable in their building process than the East having the 4 worst records and likely getting their pick of this drafts litter. Sooo unfaiiiirrr!

Fun stat: 9 of the last 11 #1 picks have gone to the East.

blahblahyoutoo
04-26-2014, 11:48 AM

your mom.

ILLUSIONIST^248
04-26-2014, 12:10 PM

No one, they have the easiest path to the finals in the last 50 years.

ILLUSIONIST^248
04-26-2014, 12:10 PM

This.

Crackadalic
04-26-2014, 12:17 PM
k bud, I'm sure that 14th pick for Phoenix (a team expected to garner a high lotto pick before the season started) will prove much more valuable in their building process than the East having the 4 worst records and likely getting their pick of this drafts litter. Sooo unfaiiiirrr!

Fun stat: 9 of the last 11 #1 picks have gone to the East.

Lol the bad teams stay bad and the mediocre teams stay mediocre.

It's not the horrible 60 loss teams it's the middle tier outside the playoff picture teams.

In a perfect system all the sub 500 teams don't make the playoffs and have a better chance of getting a player then a really good team not getting a lottery pick

All I'm saying is the lottery system hurts the mediocre teams and forces them to be bad because there stuck picking 15+ then anything in the top 12

Sad part is the mediocre teams are mostly out east

FOBolous
04-26-2014, 01:16 PM
No one. They have a very easy road to the finals.

JordansBulls
04-26-2014, 02:22 PM
Indy beats Atlanta they will get to the ECF. They would be ready for Miami. I honestly think there season is only to play Miami and no one else.