PDA

View Full Version : What is wrong with Hibbert?

slashsnake
04-24-2014, 10:41 PM
Wow, tonight was another poor one from him. Averaging 6 points on 28% shooting, 4.7 boards, 0 blocks, 2.3 turnovers, 0 steals and .7 assists per game in these playoffs.

I know he does more than his stat line, I actually liked his D on the bigs, but wow.

I wonder if we won't hear something when Indiana's season ends. A stress fracture he was playing through, untreated illness they just found out about... something.

P&GRealist
04-24-2014, 10:42 PM
He crossed swords with Paul George

east fb knicks
04-24-2014, 10:46 PM
He crossed swords with Paul George

:laugh:
sounds about right to me

HouRealCoach
04-24-2014, 10:47 PM
He sucks...

still1ballin
04-24-2014, 10:58 PM
Garbage

slashsnake
04-24-2014, 11:04 PM
haha, nice one...

And I'd buy the "he sucks" or "he's garbage", but this is a guy who has played extremely well in the recent past. He fell off the wagon about halfway through the season, but I can't see this guy as a guy who ever would have dominated Chris Bosh so completely.

JEDean89
04-24-2014, 11:11 PM
see the 10 other threads on hibbert?

zn23
04-24-2014, 11:16 PM
What do you mean what's wrong with him?

The dude's a bum...

freejimmer
04-24-2014, 11:17 PM
Anyone think he's tanking to prove a point and out of spite?

HouRealCoach
04-24-2014, 11:18 PM
haha, nice one...

And I'd buy the "he sucks" or "he's garbage", but this is a guy who has played extremely well in the recent past. He fell off the wagon about halfway through the season, but I can't see this guy as a guy who ever would have dominated Chris Bosh so completely.

When there's a Laker fan agreeing with me then whatever we agree on means that it is 100% accurate

Kaner
04-24-2014, 11:20 PM
He's not good

hoosiercubsfan
04-24-2014, 11:20 PM
What do you mean what's wrong with him?

The dude's a bum...

He was the hands down DPOY for the first half. Going into the break he was playing really well then absolutely went in the tank for some reason. And don't give me this bogus **** about them crossing swords. Something is very wrong with him when he simply can no longer make bunny shots. Only thing I can think of is its something mental. Maybe all of the success they achieved in the first half was to much for him or something.

Kaner
04-24-2014, 11:21 PM
Anyone think he's tanking to prove a point and out of spite?

what point? Don't give 15m a year to average centers?

John Walls Era
04-24-2014, 11:22 PM
Crossing swords...

*Superman*
04-24-2014, 11:23 PM
He found out the team is trying to sell him on Amazon.

P&GRealist
04-24-2014, 11:25 PM
Delonte went after Momma Hibbert

ryder78c
04-24-2014, 11:25 PM
He wanted to sign in Portland but pacers ended up matching, I hear team chemistry is real bad right now in indy,

slashsnake
04-24-2014, 11:39 PM
see the 10 other threads on hibbert?

My bad... I guess this one forced you to read it?

And no... from what I see, there's one on page 2 about him being sold on Amazon. Then there's one about his stats from nearly a week ago.

cmellofan15
04-24-2014, 11:50 PM
He went back to normal. Overachieved for half of the season and is now reverting to his old (soft, lazy) ways.

FlashBolt
04-24-2014, 11:55 PM
He's really bad. Remember the thread of his size compared to Tim Duncan? JOKE!

Crackadalic
04-25-2014, 12:00 AM
I have no clue. He's not a bum but he has underachieve the second half to second string center level

slashsnake
04-25-2014, 12:02 AM
but this isn't exactly reverting back to an old self so much here. This is a new time low. Even his first year in the playoffs he was making some impact. I've just never seen him look this bad. I liked the guy coming out of college, thought he'd be a project, but its odd, as he is playing worse than as a rookie it seems.

That's what has me wondering...is there something else we aren't seeing? What can do that to a guy. And I keep going back to my buddy in high school, who lost vision in his eye. Took away his shot for a while until he adjusted (went on to be a PG for Florida).. or Jay Cutler in football and finding out he had diabetes.

Sactown
04-25-2014, 12:16 AM
Moron mountain exists?? Or they went to hard through the first half of the season and are too worn down and as the losses piled up so did the problems in the locker room

Hellcrooner
04-25-2014, 12:29 AM
He became overated like hell last year and now fell down to earth?

The Jeremy lin disease is called.

JordansBulls
04-25-2014, 12:31 AM
He ain't playing against Miami. That is the only time he ever played well.

Hangtime
04-25-2014, 12:36 AM
He's bad right now. Playing like he got bunions on his feet.

slashsnake
04-25-2014, 12:44 AM
He ain't playing against Miami. That is the only time he ever played well.

That was when he was playing great. When the guys who jump on every train they can find where calling him the best big in the NBA.

But he looked good against the Knicks the series before the heat. He was averaging 16-8 last year after the all star break going into the playoffs. He looked like a solid rising star.

Not saying he needs to play well. But this is awful for him at any point of his career. He looks right now like a guy who should be out of the rotation or on assignment in the D league. He's never looked that bad.

hoosiercubsfan
04-25-2014, 12:48 AM
He became overated like hell last year and now fell down to earth?

The Jeremy lin disease is called.

That doesn't explain the first half of this year. If he was over rated as hell last season he would have been terrible all season. Though he played well enough to get voted to the ASG. No there is deeper issues than simply being over rated. Right now the way he is playing he isn't even NBA caliber. Something deeper than that is wrong with Roy.

slashsnake
04-25-2014, 02:08 AM
And it isn't like he fell down to where he was before the heat series last season. His rebounding, scoring, assists, and steals are all the worst per 36 minutes of his career this year. He didn't have great minutes as a rookie because he was so raw. But this year when he's out there, especially since mid-season or so, he's been worse than he ever has as an NBA player.

Overrated would be him falling back to his 12-13 points, 8-9 boards a game self that he's been the past few years. And he's still that great defender. I hate saying it, because you don't see it in the stat line too much but he is a great big on defense until the ball goes up.

I just don't see a good answer...

Tired? maybe but that is really scary to attribute this kind of fall for a guy who doesn't play but 29 minutes a game. I don't see him dragging down the court or looking just beaten down. He's still playing man defense at a very high level.

Chemistry? Maybe but there's lots of bad chemistry out there. The Lakers chemistry is awful, but Pau is still getting 17 and 10 even though he's coming out of his prime years. I hate my Nuggets chemistry right now, but Hickson and Faried can still rebound. Chemistry doesn't get Stephenson and George grabbing 17 rebounds and Hibbert finishing below everyone but Turner who only played 8 minutes.