PDA

View Full Version : Have we stopped the Paul George is a super star stuff yet?

Kushed
04-24-2014, 10:16 PM
Do people still think this guy is a super star because absolutely not.

P&GRealist
04-24-2014, 10:22 PM
Paul George is 6'10"

Duncan = Donkey
04-24-2014, 10:33 PM
i never started it or said he was, dude got overrated as **** so quick on this site

Kushed
04-24-2014, 10:37 PM
Always thought that talk was way too quick. Superstars don't go 3-11 with what was it 12 points against the 8th seed?

NBA_Starter
04-24-2014, 10:41 PM
Yeah, he is a good player but not a savior.

jerellh528
04-24-2014, 10:42 PM
Always thought that talk was way too quick. Superstars don't go 3-11 with what was it 12 points against the 8th seed?

Eh players do have bad games. He's been overrated a ton, but I remember bron going 3-14 against celts in game 5 once upon a time and 2-18 against the celts in a game one also. He's no superstar, but also not a player to be dismissed so easily.

Kushed
04-24-2014, 10:47 PM
Eh players do have bad games. He's been overrated a ton, but I remember bron going 3-14 against celts in game 5 once upon a time and 2-18 against the celts in a game one also. He's no superstar, but also not a player to be dismissed so easily.

He's been bad all series and pretty much the last few months of the season.

Never said he wasn't a good player but people are way too quick to proclaim superstars

JEDean89
04-24-2014, 11:10 PM
he has simply proven he cannot be the #1 option on a true contending team ala James, Durant, Griffin...

his problem is that he is Scottie Pippen trying to be Michael, I prophecy him teaming up with a true scorer in a big market.

Avenged
04-24-2014, 11:10 PM
Paul George is 6'10"

:laugh2:

ManRam
04-24-2014, 11:21 PM
People were too quick to crown him. Great player. Still a young player too. I probably have been harder on him this year than I should have because of the hype, but I think even I got a little carried away. He's a top-10 player in this league, but he is far closer to 10 than he is to being with the likes of Bron and KD. A place that many were SOOOO eager to place him early in the season.

I'm not sure what to think of this Indy meltdown and how much of it I fault him for. I think I'm gonna try to not hold it against him because of how bizarre it is. I truly can't understand it.

Kaner
04-24-2014, 11:25 PM
As someone guilty of jumping the gun, I had him over Carmelo early in the season, I'd say yes the bandwagon has come to a stop.

Never had him in the top 5 though and he's still a top 10-20 player, probably...

Jays Claw
04-24-2014, 11:27 PM
Not once did I consider him a superstar. There are only a handful of superstars in the NBA and unfortunately he's not in that select group. Although his potential does intrigue me...

bucketss
04-24-2014, 11:41 PM
nickdymez said him, lebron, durant were all on the same level.

FYL_McVeezy
04-24-2014, 11:43 PM
Paul George was a superstar? Missed the memo....

It's ShoTime
04-24-2014, 11:59 PM
He's a superstar at growing.

Crackadalic
04-25-2014, 12:02 AM
He will be in a few years. Not everyone has a Kevin Durant growth rate to superstardom

I do agree in the unneeded hype he got in the beginning but he's only 23-24. Let the kid struggle and learn. There's a reason why people even out him in that conversation

Ezio
04-25-2014, 12:03 AM
He's a superstar at growing.

He'll be taller than Hibbert in a couple of seasons?

I have George in a keeper league... debating whether or not to keep him now.

ricky recon
04-25-2014, 12:04 AM
Paul George is a star, whether you want to get into the semantics of what makes a superstar or not is really just unimportant.

He's 23 years old, he's been improving ever year, and he's one of the top two-way players in the league.

Lastly, judging a player off the beginning of one playoff series is about as useful as an anorexic giving bodybuilding advice.

thenaj17
04-25-2014, 08:22 AM
I'm not sure what to think of this Indy meltdown and how much of it I fault him for. I think I'm gonna try to not hold it against him because of how bizarre it is. I truly can't understand it.

Has to be egos. Him, Lance Stevenson and Roy Hibbert have been talked about as perennial all stars and potential champions and it's gone to their heads. Taking shots they have no business taking because they think they're better than they are and not trusting teammates. Ball isn't moving on offense at all compared to last year/start of this season.

And it's definitely not Evan Turner's fault. The starting unit has been poor so can't blame the swap at all

Yanks All Day
04-25-2014, 08:32 AM
Paul George had a great series against Miami last year in the playoffs and a great October this year. That's about it. Very good player, but not a super star. Heck, most games Lance Stephenson looks like he does more for Indiana than Paul George does.

He's still so young and has so much 2-way potential, though. So my money's on he'll be a super star soon enough. Just not right now. Overrated by most.

Sly Guy
04-25-2014, 08:59 AM
he's got athleticism and size. He defends well from the limited time I've seen him play. But I think he has far too much confidence in his offense than his game should dictate. I would never put him on the same level as LBJ or Durant, and to be honest, I never have. Too bad the way his team is playing he, as well as every member of his team is going to be put under the microscope for a long, long off season.

rex.reyesiii
04-25-2014, 09:16 AM
All Paul George(Lebron/MJ/Kobe) needs is his own Wade, Pippen or Shaq.

:D

TylerSL
04-25-2014, 09:59 AM

PG has declined like every month since January. Lebron is a 4x MVP. Even when PG was actually playing well he wasn't even close to Lebron. Lebron is a HOF and one of the greatest to ever play, George is a several time all star at best. No comparison.

ombada
04-25-2014, 11:13 AM
PG has declined like every month since January. Lebron is a 4x MVP. Even when PG was actually playing well he wasn't even close to Lebron. Lebron is a HOF and one of the greatest to ever play, George is a several time all star at best. No comparison.

Lebron has also been in the league for 10 years and is 5-6 years older than George.

TylerSL
04-25-2014, 12:13 PM
Lebron has also been in the league for 10 years and is 5-6 years older than George.

Lebron won MVP at 24 while averaging 28/8/7, and averaged over 30 points per game at the ages of 21 and 23. He has constantly averaged 26+pts/7+rbs/6+asts a game with high shooting percentages since he was 20.

Paul George is 23 right now averaging 22/6/4 on .420 shooting. I dont think Paul George being younger than Lebron has anything to do with it.. :/

Still want to compare???

NoahH
04-25-2014, 12:17 PM
EVERYONE ON PSD in December 2013
In no particular order top 3 players in the league:
Lebron
KD
George

Stunner
04-25-2014, 12:40 PM
EVERYONE ON PSD in December 2013
In no particular order top 3 players in the league:
Lebron
KD
George

Lmaooooooo

FlashBolt
04-25-2014, 12:47 PM

Celtics were a much better team than these Hawks and LeBron didn't have as much help. C'mon, don't be that unbiased.

ombada
04-25-2014, 01:03 PM
Lebron won MVP at 24 while averaging 28/8/7, and averaged over 30 points per game at the ages of 21 and 23. He has constantly averaged 26+pts/7+rbs/6+asts a game with high shooting percentages since he was 20.

Paul George is 23 right now averaging 22/6/4 on .420 shooting. I dont think Paul George being younger than Lebron has anything to do with it.. :/

Still want to compare???

yeah, those numbers are very comparable. Every player plays for different teams under different circumstances. If you think every player progresses the same way through their career youre crazy. James did something that no player is allowed to do anymore, which is come out after high school. So by 24 he won the MVP and had those averages, thats cool, but that also means he was already in the league for 5 or 6 years.

When he was 21-23 (already in the league for 3 or 4 years) he was playing for a lesser team that he was the focal point of, something George has never had to do. Georges supporting cast has always been better than the help James had in Cleveland. He was the sole reason they were as successful as they were. There was no one taking touches away from him.

I dont see your point here. Im not saying George is as good as James, im saying give George time to go through some growing pains. Let him mess up a post season for his team so he realized the importance of raising your game in the playoffs. He hasnt had the same experiences as any other player, but is more talented than a high percentage of players in the league. So let those experiences happen, then determine weather or not he is or will be a star.

Hawkeye15
04-25-2014, 02:24 PM
Celtics were a much better team than these Hawks and LeBron didn't have as much help. C'mon, don't be that unbiased.

that was also the game his elbow was bugging him, and quite honestly, he looked like he was dragging *** that entire game. The most passive I have seen him ever play.

Hawkeye15
04-25-2014, 02:25 PM

Still want to compare???

PG is not going to be LeBron or Durant, and yes, at the beginning of the season when the Pacers were killing everything in site, his value became very overrated all over the place.

He is still probably a top 10-15 player, but he is not on the same level as the top 2 guys, and I would take another handful of guys over him too. But still a very good player anyone would love to have on their team.

Method28
04-25-2014, 02:31 PM
PG for MVP!

jerellh528
04-25-2014, 02:33 PM
That was in reply to op saying superstars don't go 3-11 in the playoffs. I just posted that showing that they do, and sometimes even perform worse. I wasn't saying George and James are equivalents at all

John Walls Era
04-25-2014, 02:53 PM
People get called Superstars too often and then they get that label taken away too often.

king4day
04-25-2014, 03:34 PM
He will be in a few years. Not everyone has a Kevin Durant growth rate to superstardom

I do agree in the unneeded hype he got in the beginning but he's only 23-24. Let the kid struggle and learn. There's a reason why people even out him in that conversation

Good post. How long before LeBron led his team to the finals?
He's no LeBron but people are quick to praise or attack a player from one game to the next.

John Walls Era
04-25-2014, 03:57 PM
Let this be a lesson to people who will call LA a superstar. Hes a great allstar, but keep in mind hes playing against a guy 4 inches shorter and a team that doesn't double.