PDA

View Full Version : Omark Asik is better than Dwight Howard.

smith&wesson
04-24-2014, 04:37 PM
Yeah I said it. . . Omar > Dwight !!!! why ??

- Omar has become the better finisher around the rim... hands down!
- Omar also seems alot bigger, longer mounding the post compared to Dwight.
- Both are elite defenders in the post, but lately Asik seems more focused and driven
- Howard might have a strenth advantage but doesnt anchor the D like he once did In Magic days.

Over all, I think Omar Asik has become the better two way C. I think It would greatly benifit the Rockets if they were to keep Asik and use Howard in a trade schenerio where they can get better players around Harden.

for example, if the the rockets were to trade Howard for Love I really think that Houston would be much better off with a Asik/Love front court as aposed to a Howard/Jones front court. but thats just an example.. .

Right now Howard just does not seem like the player that Houston thought was going to take them to the next level. The good new is for Houston that they already have a pretty darn good C and they can use howard to net them other peices.

Thoughts ?

5ass
04-24-2014, 04:43 PM
:facepalm:

P&GRealist
04-24-2014, 04:45 PM
Where Asik's Better when you need him?

smith&wesson
04-24-2014, 04:47 PM
:facepalm:

care to elaborate ?

ztilzer31
Wow just wow. NBA forum is so pathetic.

smith&wesson
Where Asik's Better when you need him?

:confused: sorry, a little confused as to what you mean

P&GRealist
04-24-2014, 04:50 PM
:confused: sorry, a little confused as to what you mean

http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/member.php?230145-Asik-s-better&tab=activitystream&type=friends

smith&wesson
04-24-2014, 04:53 PM

it always has been.. but wtf does that have to do with anything ?

oh i get it, because howard has the rep of a star player you guys cant imagine that another C could surpass him? i dont know if you have been watching but howard is nothing close to what he was in orlando.

Tony_Starks
04-24-2014, 04:54 PM
Howard isn't the best center in the game anymore but come on Asik? Asik is big, slow, clumsy, and even more mechanical than Howard ( if that's possible).

smith&wesson
http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/member.php?230145-Asik-s-better&tab=activitystream&type=friends

Maybe the kids on to something.

P&GRealist

Yeah, thanks for making it as such bro

1-800-STFU
04-24-2014, 04:55 PM

- Both are elite defenders in the post, but lately Asik seems more focused and driven
- Howard might have a strenth advantage but doesnt anchor the D like he once did In Magic days.

Over all, I think Omar Asik has become the better two way C. I think It would greatly benifit the Rockets if they were to keep Asik and use Howard in a trade schenerio where they can get better players around Harden.

for example, if the the rockets were to trade Howard for Love I really think that Houston would be much better off with a Asik/Love front court as aposed to a Howard/Jones front court. but thats just an example.. .

Right now Howard just does not seem like the player that Houston thought was going to take them to the next level. The good new is for Houston that they already have a pretty darn good C and they can use howard to net them other peices.

Thoughts ?

What the hell does that even mean :laugh2:

P&GRealist
04-24-2014, 04:55 PM
Howard isn't the best center in the game anymore but come on Asik? Asik is big, slow, clumsy, and even more mechanical than Howard ( if that's possible).

Well, last yr's Rockets team had way better on the court chemistry than this yr's Rockets team.

Last yr, they knew how to play, what to run, how to go about things. They didn't have an identity crisis.

But now with Howard demanding the ball and stagnating the offense in the paint, they're having that identity crisis.

smith&wesson
04-24-2014, 04:56 PM

But he is better at finishing around the rim... and he has always been a really good rebounder and defener. so as a two way player I think he offers more than howard does now. Honestly.

nastynice
04-24-2014, 04:59 PM
I don't know if he's better, but he very well could be the better fit. Especially considering trade value.

smith&wesson

you dont know what bigger and longer means ?? you know how C's anchor defence in the paint ? well Howard use to be one of the best at doing so and seemed to be alot stronger and more athletic in his earlier years. Now to me it seems that Asik has become the stronger interior pressence..

does that answer your question ? or do you simply want to troll me ??

flea
Well that's "honestly" ludicrous.

ztilzer31
04-24-2014, 05:02 PM
Well, last yr's Rockets team had way better on the court chemistry than this yr's Rockets team.

Last yr, they knew how to play, what to run, how to go about things. They didn't have an identity crisis.

But now with Howard demanding the ball and stagnating the offense in the paint, they're having that identity crisis.

Yeah they were so dominating squeaking into the playoffs as an 8th seed.

ztilzer31
04-24-2014, 05:04 PM
it always has been.. but wtf does that have to do with anything ?

oh i get it, because howard has the rep of a star player you guys cant imagine that another C could surpass him? i dont know if you have been watching but howard is nothing close to what he was in orlando.

Because this isn't a legitimate conversation. It's a joke, and you're a joke for making the thread.

2-ONE-5
04-24-2014, 05:09 PM
lol is the worst thread in reent memory

BenFrank
04-24-2014, 05:17 PM
But he is better at finishing around the rim... and he has always been a really good rebounder and defener. so as a two way player I think he offers more than howard does now. Honestly.

This is how I know u didn't watch many games of Asik the past 2 years.. How can he be a better finisher, when he lays the ball up more than he dunk, and then miss a high % of his lay ups..

Green_Monster
04-24-2014, 05:17 PM

And who is Omark? :laugh2:

smith&wesson
04-24-2014, 05:19 PM
I don't know if he's better, but he very well could be the better fit. Especially considering trade value.

perhaps thats how I should have worded it. well said.

THE MTL
04-24-2014, 05:20 PM
This thread needs to be CLOSED!

P&GRealist
04-24-2014, 05:20 PM
Don't forget the fact that teammates like Omer moreso than Dwight.

smith&wesson
04-24-2014, 05:21 PM
Because this isn't a legitimate conversation. It's a joke, and you're a joke for making the thread.

im a joke. ok, it was nice conversing with you. have a good one.

Yumboldt
04-24-2014, 05:49 PM
Dwight is still better than Asik. But I think you are correct in a asik/love combo is better than Dwight/jones. Asik is a waste of talent just sitting on the bench.

THE MTL
04-24-2014, 06:01 PM
im a joke. ok, it was nice conversing with you. have a good one.

I'm sorry that so many people are coming at you on this thread. But comeon man, you gotta think before you make a thread. If you are any type of fan of basketball or thought using logic before you made a kneejerk thread right after Houston lost, you would realize that this thread is very silly.

There is NO argument that Dwight Howard is better than Asik.

Asik's better
04-24-2014, 06:04 PM
Some days I go to this forum and look at some of threads and just laugh at how much of a joke this thread has become. Today is one of those days.

Hawkeye15
04-24-2014, 06:05 PM
who would have thought Judge Reinhold was going to be this good at basketball..

Hawkeye15
04-24-2014, 06:06 PM
Some days I go to this forum and look at some of threads and just laugh at how much of a joke this thread has become. Today is one of those days.

I can't help but laugh at your user name while replying to this thread

ghettosean
04-24-2014, 06:08 PM

This is what I'm thinking

koreancabbage
04-24-2014, 06:08 PM
he's not better. come on now. how can you even say that.

its all about team chemistry and fit, even if you are a lesser player, like Asik - compared to Howard, Asik might be a better fit. No way is he more talented than Dwight because Howard can still dominate games and win games by himself (when motivated and/or playing unhurt)

Just because Asik is a better fit doesn't mean he's better than Howard in any of those things above.

L8kers4life
04-24-2014, 06:19 PM

This time I agree with you, if OP really believes this,:) then there is something really wrong in this forum. I'm curious to see if anyone agrees with him, also this comes after Dwight has his best game in the playoffs in a long time, but I don't think OP is a Lakers fan, so it is a bit strange to see this argument, if he is a Lakers fan, than this is probably what you mean about circle jerk Laker fans.

PhillyFaninLA
04-24-2014, 06:37 PM
Have you ever watched a basketball game, because I don't see evidence of it with the creation of this topic. You know its the game where tall guys throw the orange ball through the round metal thing with string hanging from ti.

Pablonovi
04-24-2014, 07:00 PM
Quote Originally Posted by Asik's better View Post

Hey Hawk,
LOL. Best Post In This Thread so far.
P.S. I didn't notice his username; so I had just figured he was with the majority, opposing the OP's position. Now that I think about it; Is "Asik's Better" trying to say that the thread is a joke because people are making fun of the idea that his name-sake is supposedly better than DH? He doesn't actually say that; but with that username; I guess it's pretty obvious.

Asik's better
04-24-2014, 07:06 PM
Yeah, I thought people would find it funny with me choosing Howard over asik with my username

lol, please
04-24-2014, 07:11 PM

Thoughts ?

Asik's better. :nod:

smith&wesson
04-24-2014, 08:57 PM
he's not better. come on now. how can you even say that.

its all about team chemistry and fit, even if you are a lesser player, like Asik - compared to Howard, Asik might be a better fit. No way is he more talented than Dwight because Howard can still dominate games and win games by himself (when motivated and/or playing unhurt)

Just because Asik is a better fit doesn't mean he's better than Howard in any of those things above.

fair enough.

jerellh528
04-24-2014, 09:01 PM
If he had Howard's athleticism it could be an argument. But Howard is currently much better overall than asik

smith&wesson
04-24-2014, 09:02 PM
Have you ever watched a basketball game, because I don't see evidence of it with the creation of this topic. You know its the game where tall guys throw the orange ball through the round metal thing with string hanging from ti.

"the real 99% are idiots and sheep when you post give me reason to believe you are part of the 1%...

your own words.. and you just fell in to that 99% of sheep with that post right there. Thanks for coming out.

smith&wesson
04-24-2014, 09:04 PM
If he had Howard's athleticism it could be an argument. But Howard is currently much better overall than asik

I just think that Houston would be a lot better off in keeping Asik and trading Howard. Howard has way more value and could net you strong assets and really, he isn't the difference maker that the Rockets hope he would be. They haven't gone to that next level that you would think a Harden/Howard pairing would go too

jerellh528
04-24-2014, 09:10 PM
I just think that Houston would be a lot better off in keeping Asik and trading Howard. Howard has way more value and could net you strong assets and really, he isn't the difference maker that the Rockets hope he would be. They haven't gone to that next level that you would think a Harden/Howard pairing would go too

I would agree with this if it was actually the premise of your thread. Unfortunately you actually claimed howard to be an inferior player to asik, and now that you're catching a lot of deserved flak for it, your backing out of your own opinion and claiming asik to be the better fit now, instead of better player. Well, whatever you decide your thread is supposed to be about, I agree he's a better fit, not a better player.

slashsnake
04-24-2014, 09:20 PM
If Asik really was better, he'd have been signed and traded to a max deal the instant he was put on the market.

So no, I'll take the guys who've played the game, the GM's and everyone elses opinion over yours for now

HouRealCoach
04-24-2014, 09:24 PM

Please tell me who is...

jerellh528
04-24-2014, 09:25 PM
Please tell me who is...

A lot of people would say Noah.

HouRealCoach
04-24-2014, 09:30 PM
A lot of people would say Noah.

No.

Crackadalic
04-24-2014, 09:35 PM
No just no

flea
04-24-2014, 09:44 PM
Gasol is pretty clearly the best, imo. Noah, Bosh, and Howard fight for 2nd.

Chrisclover
04-24-2014, 10:11 PM
Delusional

RLundi
04-24-2014, 10:13 PM
Omer*

Tony_Starks
04-24-2014, 10:22 PM
Please tell me who is...

Noah, Gasol, Cousins, and Davis to name a few.....

tr3ymill3r
04-24-2014, 10:26 PM
:speechless::drunk::confused::crazy::no::censored: :censored::censored::censored::badidea::bs::moon:: burn:

HouRealCoach
04-24-2014, 10:49 PM
Noah, Gasol, Cousins, and Davis to name a few.....

Davis is a PF... Dwight is still clearly the best to me. But to be honest, I was just making sure you wasn't going to say Roy Hibbert lol

I respect your opinion

P&GRealist
04-24-2014, 11:28 PM
Omer Asik is a better person than Dwight Howard.

Omer Asik visits children at the hospital.

Dwight Howard eats children and makes babies cry.

2-ONE-5
04-24-2014, 11:42 PM
Gasol is pretty clearly the best, imo. Noah, Bosh, and Howard fight for 2nd.

bosh? lol no

DODGERS&LAKERS
04-24-2014, 11:44 PM
Asik is not better than Dwight but he is a very good big and you can get a lot more for Dwight than you can for Asik. But that being said, it is only their first year together. Its not like they are losing to a bad team. The Blazers are very good and losing to them should bring no shame

Pablonovi
04-25-2014, 12:00 AM
Asik is not better than Dwight but he is a very good big and you can get a lot more for Dwight than you can for Asik. But that being said, it is only their first year together. Its not like they are losing to a bad team. The Blazers are very good and losing to them should bring no shame

Hey D&L,
We should remember that it's only the first season of the Rockets Harden-DH combo. They probably did better than pre-season predictions. OTOH, I don't think that combo will be good enough to be able to win a Chip in the coming years. So, that might be the way for the Rockets to go: trade DH and get more complimentary pieces?

Ezio
04-25-2014, 12:01 AM
Asik is better than Hibbert though.

Pablonovi
04-25-2014, 12:14 AM
What about TD? He's been listed as a center this year. He's had a better year than DH.

DODGERS&LAKERS
04-25-2014, 12:14 AM
Hey D&L,
We should remember that it's only the first season of the Rockets Harden-DH combo. They probably did better than pre-season predictions. OTOH, I don't think that combo will be good enough to be able to win a Chip in the coming years. So, that might be the way for the Rockets to go: trade DH and get more complimentary pieces?

I agree. I think that your best players have to be great two way players. Howard is a liability on offense if he wants to be a post up player and Harden is a pretty bad defender. That Wes Mathews leak out at the end of game 2 was all on Harden. I understand having a bad shooting game but Harden seemed to completely check out due to him not being the offensive center piece. I think talent wise they might have enough in a year or two. But their stars mentality has to change a bit