PDA

View Full Version : Dwight Howard: "We have to play inside out...I have to Demand the Ball."

Tony_Starks
04-23-2014, 01:40 PM
Laker fans have been saying eventually Dwight would complain about getting the ball and have been accused of being haters all season. It's not hating if its the truth.

Dwight Howard: Have to 'go to work'

ESPN.com news services | April 22, 2014

After losing on his home court in Game 1, Dwight Howard has a thought as to how the Houston Rockets can turn the tables on LaMarcus Aldridge and the Portland Trail Blazers in their opening-round playoff series.

"We have to play inside out, play their bigs and make it a long night for those guys," Howard told the Houston Chronicle on Tuesday. "I have to demand the ball, get it and go to work."

Howard scored 27 points on 9-of-21 shooting and had 15 rebounds in the Rockets' 122-120 overtime loss to the Blazers on Sunday night. Game 2 is Wednesday.

He figures his increased post presence could also be used to tire Aldridge, who torched the Rockets for a career-high 46 points -- including 16 on post-up plays. Aldridge, who added 18 rebounds, was mostly guarded by Terrence Jones on Sunday night.

"We have to go right back at him," Howard told the Chronicle. "You have to make him play defense and make him use his energy on defense. Make him have to run around and guard."

The Rockets, who led by 13 points with 10 minutes remaining, are on board with Howard's thought process but still want to use an up-tempo attack led by James Harden, who scored 27 points on 8-of-28 shooting -- including 3-of-14 from 3-point range -- in Game 2.

"We have to dump the ball down for him," Rockets forward Chandler Parsons said of Howard. "He has to make plays. He's had a lot of success against [Robin] Lopez. We have to keep feeding him the ball. That doesn't mean we have to slow down. We want to get out in transition and run."

P&GRealist
04-23-2014, 01:43 PM
Yes, demand the ball so that you can get stripped every other trip down the floor.

D-Leethal
04-23-2014, 01:48 PM
lmao, this guy just doesn't get it.

Howard is not good enough in the post to demand double teams. He is not good enough in the post to consistently beat single coverage. He cannot create for others out of the post. So what good is he down there? Give the ball to the guys who actually can do those things and your offense will thrive. Dump it down to Howard and he will give you 1 bucket every 3 trips down the floor and open up zilch for the rest of his teammates.

D-Leethal
04-23-2014, 01:50 PM
Playing inside out is useless if you:

1) Can't command two defenders
2) Can't consistently beat 1 defender
3) Can't pass to cutters and shooters.

Harden can do all three of those from the outside, Howard can do none for the inside. Howard playing inside won't open up the outside because he can't do any of the three things listed above down there.

kdspurman
04-23-2014, 01:51 PM
I feel like I've heard this before

Tony_Starks
04-23-2014, 01:59 PM

Howard is not good enough in the post to demand double teams. He is not good enough in the post to consistently beat single coverage. He cannot create for others out of the post. So what good is he down there? Give the ball to the guys who actually can do those things and your offense will thrive. Dump it down to Howard and he will give you 1 bucket every 3 trips down the floor and open up zilch for the rest of his teammates.

The crazy part is he had over 20 shots! Who does he think he is Shaquille Oneal?

goku
04-23-2014, 02:08 PM
he has had success against Robin Lopez I think he should take more of an account to stop LA I think he will have to guard him instead of leaving 6'8 jones on him all in all the Asik D12 line up might be more useful in this match up with the blazers

and its not like he complaining if you wasn't so focus on the "I need the ball" he simply stating no one was going at LA he was just using most his energy on one side of the floor its about making LA work on both sides

FYL_McVeezy
04-23-2014, 02:10 PM
The only problem with this statement is that D12 left his dominance in 2009.

D12 is still a top center in this league, but a #1 option on offense he is not.

jerellh528
04-23-2014, 02:13 PM
He's not that type of player. He's the type that needs to score within the flow with p&r, put backs, and transition. His strength is defense and rebounding. His post game is not close to being good enough to play inside out.

D-Leethal
04-23-2014, 02:18 PM
He's not that type of player. He's the type that needs to score within the flow with p&r, put backs, and transition. His strength is defense and rebounding. His post game is not close to being good enough to play inside out.

Bingo.

Tony_Starks
04-23-2014, 02:19 PM
he has had success against Robin Lopez I think he should take more of an account to stop LA I think he will have to guard him instead of leaving 6'8 jones on him all in all the Asik D12 line up might be more useful in this match up with the blazers

and its not like he complaining if you wasn't so focus on the "I need the ball" he simply stating no one was going at LA he was just using most his energy on one side of the floor its about making LA work on both sides

He gets in foul trouble against slow, awkward centers. LA is way too skilled and versatile for him to defend, he'd be in foul trouble in the first quarter.

-Kobe24-TJ19-
04-23-2014, 02:26 PM
the guy doesnt even have a post game lmao

Sadds The Gr8
04-23-2014, 02:28 PM
wtf? he had 21 fgs and 17 fts...

ztilzer31
04-23-2014, 02:39 PM
I'm so lost lol. "I have to demand the ball". He's talking about himself. He needs to get into position, and demand the ball. His teammates agree with him. Parsons says the same thing. That's probably coming from the coach just as much as from Howard. He needs to demand the ball (in other words work hard at getting into position).

D-Leethal
04-23-2014, 02:42 PM
I'm so lost lol. "I have to demand the ball". He's talking about himself. He needs to get into position, and demand the ball. His teammates agree with him. Parsons says the same thing. That's probably coming from the coach just as much as from Howard. He needs to demand the ball (in other words work hard at getting into position).

I am not a Laker fan and have absolutely zero reason to hate Howard. He doesn't have a post game, they shouldn't play inside out. Howard doesn't have skills to open up the outside from the inside in the first place.

sunsfan88
04-23-2014, 02:47 PM

^this.

Howard didn't say anything wrong here. He's just saying he needs to play better.

ztilzer31
04-23-2014, 02:54 PM
I am not a Laker fan and have absolutely zero reason to hate Howard. He doesn't have a post game, they shouldn't play inside out. Howard doesn't have skills to open up the outside from the inside in the first place.

Yes, but that's you disagreeing with the strategy... That's completely different than pretending like "here we go again Dwight with an attitude problem".

Also stop saying Dwight has no post game. Dwight has a solid post game. The bash on Dwight is that he hasn't IMPROVED his post game. He's solid though. Better than most in the NBA at his position. Like that's the whole thing. You've been manipulated by this dumb forum to think "he doesn't have a post game". Dwight has a post game he just hasn't improved like people expected he would 5 years ago.

You don't get 18 ppg by having 0 low post game, but people figured he was going to be a 25ppg+ 12reb+ by now, but it hasn't happened.

ztilzer31
04-23-2014, 02:56 PM
^this.

Howard didn't say anything wrong here. He's just saying he needs to play better.

Boom someone read the article besides me. Yay. +10

ztilzer31
04-23-2014, 02:57 PM
Laker fans have been saying eventually Dwight would complain about getting the ball and have been accused of being haters all season. It's not hating if its the truth.

After losing on his home court in Game 1, Dwight Howard has a thought as to how the Houston Rockets can turn the tables on LaMarcus Aldridge and the Portland Trail Blazers in their opening-round playoff series.

"We have to play inside out, play their bigs and make it a long night for those guys," Howard told the Houston Chronicle on Tuesday. "I have to demand the ball, get it and go to work."

Howard scored 27 points on 9-of-21 shooting and had 15 rebounds in the Rockets' 122-120 overtime loss to the Blazers on Sunday night. Game 2 is Wednesday.

He figures his increased post presence could also be used to tire Aldridge, who torched the Rockets for a career-high 46 points -- including 16 on post-up plays. Aldridge, who added 18 rebounds, was mostly guarded by Terrence Jones on Sunday night.

"We have to go right back at him," Howard told the Chronicle. "You have to make him play defense and make him use his energy on defense. Make him have to run around and guard."

The Rockets, who led by 13 points with 10 minutes remaining, are on board with Howard's thought process but still want to use an up-tempo attack led by James Harden, who scored 27 points on 8-of-28 shooting -- including 3-of-14 from 3-point range -- in Game 2.

"We have to dump the ball down for him," Rockets forward Chandler Parsons said of Howard. "He has to make plays. He's had a lot of success against [Robin] Lopez. We have to keep feeding him the ball. That doesn't mean we have to slow down. We want to get out in transition and run."

You are delusional. That's not what he said at all.

PurpleLynch
04-23-2014, 03:02 PM
I just think that it's on McHale. Houston doesn't run jackshit and it was their glaring weakness in the 4th quarter of game 1.That's why they lost.

ztilzer31
04-23-2014, 03:09 PM

Not against good interior defense, but Howard can consistently dominate Robin Lopez.

SPURSFAN1
04-23-2014, 03:24 PM
the guy doesnt even have a post game lmao

hahahahahahahaahahahahaha

ThunderousDemon
04-23-2014, 03:26 PM
haha

ManRam
04-23-2014, 03:30 PM
Sounds familiar.

"Mr. Van Gundy, your thoughts?"

http://www.mensbasketballhoopscoop.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/08/stan-van-gundy-3.jpg

Had many an argument with Magic fans back in the day about the importance of NOT force-feeding him the ball and NOT running it through him. Sure, get him involved, a lot. Just don't force it. Don't intentionally make him the focal point. With their slashers and shooters, though, he should be able to get a lot of easy looks.

GiantsSwaGG
04-23-2014, 03:40 PM
Tyson Chandler's post game is better

Tony_Starks
04-23-2014, 03:42 PM
Sounds familiar.

"Mr. Van Gundy, your thoughts?"

http://www.mensbasketballhoopscoop.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/08/stan-van-gundy-3.jpg

Had many an argument with Magic fans back in the day about the importance of NOT force-feeding him the ball and NOT running it through him. Sure, get him involved, a lot. Just don't force it. Don't intentionally make him the focal point. With their slashers and shooters, though, he should be able to get a lot of easy looks.

Good point. I don't think he gets the concept of touching the ball and kicking it out. He can get a easy 20 points just on hustle and athleticism. He needs to be crashing boards, blocking shots, setting screens to free up Harden and Parsons...

ztilzer31
04-23-2014, 03:44 PM
Omg I knew it. None of you read the article. Nice. NBA forum strikes again!

ghettosean
04-23-2014, 03:46 PM
I'm sure Houston fans are breathing a sigh of relief now that they know Dwight will take over on offense for tonight's game... LOL

ManRam
04-23-2014, 03:46 PM
I feel like I've heard this before

You have.

05-13-2009 (http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/showthread.php?362533-here-is-your-quot-superstar-quot-dwight-howard&p=9456262#post9456262)

Dwight Howard finally demands the ball: 01-27-2010 (http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/showthread.php?450635-Dwight-Howard-finally-demands-the-ball&highlight=dwight)

Dwight Unhappy with 4th Quarter Touches: 02-12-2012 (http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/showthread.php?694388-Dwight-Unhappy-with-4th-Quarter-Touches&highlight=dwight)

And every time I'm there to eviscerate the notion. But now people -- just because I don't act like he's NOT a great defensive player still or that he's still one of the better/best centers in the league -- seem to think I'm an apologist. Hmm...

I didn't like the guy. I'm just not a bitter/butt hurt Magic fan who's gonna throw him under the bus irrationally.

http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/showthread.php?371470-Kareem-Calls-Out-Dwight-And-He-Agrees&highlight=dwight

And,

SVG sticks up for D12 vs people like MANRAM(alleged magic fan) and the media. even sneaks in a Lebron jab.

Magic coach Stan Van Gundy is unhappy with how center Dwight Howard has been treated this postseason.

Read more... (http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/showthread.php?372975-Van-Gundy-sticks-up-for-Dwight!!!!!!!&p=9800546#post9800546)

He's Houston's "problem" now. Not a huge problem, just clearly a bit confused.

ManRam
04-23-2014, 03:47 PM
Tyson Chandler's post game is better

Do you actually believe this or are you just saying it?

(This is why I get labeled an apologist...because I respond to idiotic posts)

t_money25
04-23-2014, 04:13 PM

I disagree. That strategy worked just fine in Orlando.

ztilzer31
04-23-2014, 04:23 PM

Somewhere down the line people got confused with Dwight not improving his post game to Dwight not having a post game.

However according to this forum he's the worst low post center in the NBA, and that's just not even close to true. This is why we don't have good basketball conversations ever. Can't even agree on the obvious.

GiantsSwaGG
04-23-2014, 05:24 PM

It was a joke... Laugh once in a while brah...

Howard doesn't have a post game and quite frankly he doesn't want to learn one either!

D-Leethal
04-23-2014, 05:28 PM

I disagree. That strategy worked just fine in Orlando.

That wasn't the strategy in Orlando which is why Dwight and SVG were always button heads. You could have just read Manrams post about 3 above me

DaLakerz Rulz
04-23-2014, 05:43 PM
Lakers fans not in the playoffs so they move to their favorite pass time. Dwight and LBJ bashing.

Similar to your favorite pastime, btiching about Laker fans...

AsiandudePH
04-23-2014, 05:46 PM
Somewhere down the line people got confused with Dwight not improving his post game to Dwight not having a post game.

However according to this forum he's the worst low post center in the NBA, and that's just not even close to true. This is why we don't have good basketball conversations ever. Can't even agree on the obvious.

You're taking it literally. When forum people say Dwight does'nt have a post game, I think what they meant is that he does'nt have an NBA-level post game and nor did he develop one.

I would agree that he has and that people expected him to be dominant.

For a player of his caliber - an all star who has always expressed that he should be the offensive focal point - he indeed have one of the worst low post arsenal. AGAIN, if you put him in that tier of big men.

So that's where the "he does'nt have a post game" comments are coming from.

xxplayerxx23
04-23-2014, 05:51 PM
Lol at Dwight has no post game.
He has one it just hasn't improved. It's sure not elite but he can still score from the post more often then a lot of other centers in the league

KobeOwnSU
04-23-2014, 05:56 PM
Lol at Dwight has no post game.
He has one it just hasn't improved. It's sure not elite but he can still score from the post more often then a lot of other centers in the league

Have you ever seen him try a hook with either hand? How about a fake one way and a turn around the other, just from like 4 or 5 feet even? He can't do it. He can't do anything other then drop step one way or the other and dunk.

Now, when I say he can't, that doesn't mean he never has, its just that he doesn't do it with consistency. Even a blind horse finds water.

ztilzer31
04-23-2014, 06:05 PM
You're taking it literally. When forum people say Dwight does'nt have a post game, I think what they meant is that he does'nt have an NBA-level post game and nor did he develop one.

I would agree that he has and that people expected him to be dominant.

For a player of his caliber - an all star who has always expressed that he should be the offensive focal point - he indeed have one of the worst low post arsenal. AGAIN, if you put him in that tier of big men.

So that's where the "he does'nt have a post game" comments are coming from.

No. He doesn't have an elite post game. He does have an NBA level post game.

ztilzer31
04-23-2014, 06:29 PM
Sure. But, only if Dwight can command a double team and/or make the right pass. Has hasn't showed either of these things, with the exception of their playoff run in 2009, and even then a lot of what he got was because Turky, Nelson, Lewis, ect. were all spreading the floor very well and opening up the inside for him.

You don't watch Rockets games if you don't think Dwight ever commands a double team. That's just false.

One of Dwight's biggest problems is he holds the ball during double teams instead of moving the ball.

He doesn't have great court vision I'll give you that.

KobeOwnSU
04-23-2014, 06:36 PM
You don't watch Rockets games if you don't think Dwight ever commands a double team. That's just false.

One of Dwight's biggest problems is he holds the ball during double teams instead of moving the ball.

He doesn't have great court vision I'll give you that.

It's the consistency of the double teams. He doesn't dominate in the post and some teams feel they can play him staright up so as to not sacrifice their defensive position on the other players. He needs to get to a point where every team, at some point in every game HAS to double team him.

Asik's better
04-23-2014, 06:38 PM
What he is saying is that the rockets need to put more pressure on their bigs and force Aldridge to play D, which is a good point. But let's ignore that and turn this into a Dwight bashing thread

ztilzer31
04-23-2014, 06:54 PM
It's the consistency of the double teams. He doesn't dominate in the post and some teams feel they can play him staright up so as to not sacrifice their defensive position on the other players. He needs to get to a point where every team, at some point in every game HAS to double team him.

Some teams maybe. Not Portland. That's the point of this. He usually dominates Robin Lopez. He has before. Portland does not have a strong interior. Dwight is more than capable at dominating against Robin.

John Walls Era
04-23-2014, 08:05 PM
This is a bad strategy. Pick and Roll is their best chance.

Tony_Starks
04-23-2014, 08:11 PM
All jokes aside, Rocket fans what are your thoughts on double teaming LMA?

DaLakerz Rulz
04-23-2014, 08:12 PM
This is a bad strategy. Pick and Roll is their best chance.

This is what a lot of us were saying a few years ago as well. His effectiveness in post-up plays vs pick and roll has not changed over the last few years. He is so much more efficient in the pick and roll.

Post up: 0.75 points/play, 45.4% FG, 20.6% turnover
Pick/Roll: 1.28 points/play, 72.9% FG, 6.3% turnover

He already gets over 1/2 of his offensive plays in a post-up situation despite not being that great at it and turning the ball over at a high rate....yet he wants more?

Stunner
04-23-2014, 09:50 PM
Ummmmm Howard is going to work

ManRam
04-23-2014, 09:53 PM
Well, gotta give him props. He asked for it, he's gotten it, and so far he's been DOMINANT. Showing off some actually REALLY nice post moves. Like, the types he made during his later years in Orlando when people actually started getting off of his back about ****** post skills (like me).

If you're gonna bark, you better back it up. So good on him.

P&GRealist
04-23-2014, 09:54 PM
This is Orlando Dwight we are seeing.

Verbal Christ
04-23-2014, 10:30 PM
haha ... haters where ya'll at?

P&GRealist
04-23-2014, 10:36 PM
He did it for one half. Great.

DO IT AGAIN!!!!

ghettosean
04-23-2014, 10:38 PM
**** talker here from earlier and I'm shocked... Did Hakeem dress up like Dwight or something cause I shocked!!!

NBA_Starter
04-23-2014, 10:48 PM
He is not wrong.

Tony_Starks
04-23-2014, 11:09 PM
Have to give him his props, this is easily the best and hardest I've ever seen him play. It's also completely isolated James Harden and Parsons btw......

DaLakerz Rulz
04-24-2014, 12:07 AM
Have to give him his props, this is easily the best and hardest I've ever seen him play. It's also completely isolated James Harden and Parsons btw......

Yup they have been way off this game

AsiandudePH
04-24-2014, 12:29 AM

Oh, did he prove himself correctly with a WIN?

Kudos to Dwight for working hard. Both him and Aldridge (!!!!) went off and both team's best guards were missing tonight, but the big men came to play.

I felt like giving Dwight the ball as the first option messed up Parson and Harden's game though.

PowerHouse
04-24-2014, 12:37 AM
Is it too late to vote L.A. for MVP?

Yea its only been two post-season games but the dude is straight up dominating.

lol, please
04-24-2014, 03:54 AM
Is it too late to vote L.A. for MVP?

Yea its only been two post-season games but the dude is straight up dominating.

It's too early, what if the Rockets win the next 4 straight?

torocan
04-24-2014, 04:11 AM
I felt like giving Dwight the ball as the first option messed up Parson and Harden's game though.

This is probably true.

While it's great that D12 found his post up game, if the team hasn't played around it all season it can seriously throw off rhythm for the rest of the team. Especially if they don't really know how to maximize the opportunities from playing inside-out.

It feels like the Rockets are confused whether they should be running the floor on make or miss, or strolling up to throw it into the post for Dwight. Considering the Rockets aren't exactly Elite in the half court set outside of the PnR, it kind of seems like you might be trading off more than you intended.

P&GRealist
04-24-2014, 04:15 AM
I think Howard missing all those games for a few wks and then coming back for the finals wk or so of the regular season really offset the team's chemistry heading into the playoffs.

Asik's better
04-24-2014, 04:41 AM
I think Howard missing all those games for a few wks and then coming back for the finals wk or so of the regular season really offset the team's chemistry heading into the playoffs.
You really are worse than Shaq, you will find anyway to directly or indirectly blame Howard for something.

PraiseJesus
04-24-2014, 04:58 AM
I know this is completely off topic....

but I miss Phil Jackson in LA

He is the only man that could turn Dwight into a championship player

Dwight simply doesn't get it and I don't think he ever will.

Maybe he should just concentrate on his TV show that hes been doing all season instead of learning how to shoot free throws and deal with double teams

..... o wait. He already did that

But hey, he wont stop smiling! No one can get the Dwight man down...............

RubberBand Man
04-24-2014, 05:41 AM

9 of 21 for a post player is ****ing ridiculous, that stat alone means he should shoot less not more.

The Rockets, who led by 13 points with 10 minutes remaining, are on board with Howard's thought process but still want to use an up-tempo attack led by James Harden, who scored 27 points on 8-of-28 shohim the ball. That doesn't mean we have to slow down. We want to get out in transition and run."

9 of 21 for a post player is ****ing ridiculous, that stat alone means he should shoot less not more.

RubberBand Man
04-24-2014, 05:47 AM
Oh, did he prove himself correctly with a WIN?

Kudos to Dwight for working hard. Both him and Aldridge (!!!!) went off and both team's best guards were missing tonight, but the big men came to play.

They need the Triangle

Iron24th
04-24-2014, 06:50 AM
demand the ball to do what? His only robotic move? LOL

I guess he will never change

D-Leethal
04-24-2014, 01:05 PM
Its not playing inside out unless it benefits the "out". Dwight doesn't open up jack **** for the rest of his squad because nobody doubles him and if they do, he can't pass.

PraiseJesus
04-24-2014, 01:22 PM
why does Dwight have the coordination of an overgrown 10 year old

Bruno
04-24-2014, 01:30 PM
its looking like houston isn't able to feed dwight and get harden going at the same time. what are they gona do?

P&GRealist
04-24-2014, 02:03 PM
You really are worse than Shaq, you will find anyway to directly or indirectly blame Howard for something.

Um, I'm talking about how going in and out of the lineup messed with their chemistry. That isn't a knock on Dwight or McHale or anyone else.

I think Dwight's injury happened at a bad time the last month of the regular season. That's when you want to be going strong entering the playoffs and really develop that chemistry.

torocan
04-24-2014, 02:04 PM
its looking like houston isn't able to feed dwight and get harden going at the same time. what are they gona do?

Run the Howard/Harden and Howard/Lin PnR and only dump it to Dwight later in the shot clock would make the most sense to me.

Maybe it's just me, but I find it bizarre that they have 2 of the better PnR ball handlers in Lin and Harden, and one of the best PnR roll men in the NBA in Howard yet they want to completely change their team identity in the middle of the play offs.

Effective 1 in 4 out post up play is about a lot more than touches in the post, it also requires a lot of off the ball movement to make it highly effective against play off defenses. Considering they hardly ran it during the regular season, it seems like an odd time to expect off the ball movement, cuts and screens to magically start appearing.

Bruno
04-24-2014, 02:06 PM
Run the Howard/Harden and Howard/Lin PnR and only dump it to Dwight later in the shot clock would make the most sense to me.

Maybe it's just me, but I find it bizarre that they have 2 of the better PnR ball handlers in Lin and Harden, and one of the best PnR roll men in the NBA in Howard yet they want to completely change their team identity in the middle of the play offs.

Effective 1 in 4 out post up play is about a lot more than touches in the post, it also requires a lot of off the ball movement to make it highly effective against play off defenses. Considering they hardly ran it during the regular season, it seems like an odd time to expect off the ball movement, cuts and screens to magically start appearing.
i know.

its gona be brilliant when the finger pointing begins.

ztilzer31
04-24-2014, 03:43 PM

Wow no. Not even close.

ghettosean
04-24-2014, 03:54 PM
Wow no. Not even close.

Very detailed response... thanks for contributing to the thread!

DaLakerz Rulz
04-24-2014, 05:23 PM
I physically can't do it. Not anymore. It's official. No one in the NBA forum knows anything about basketball. We should change this to the NBA/TMZ forum where you can all have circle jerks about who you hope fails while your team is irrelevant.

Ya'll are just sad. No one in this thread knows a damn thing about playing basketball, and it's so obvious when any of you post.

you should participate in more circle jerks. that will help you build up and sustain the physical energy needed the type more responses on your computer. problem solved.

lol, please
04-24-2014, 06:25 PM
i know.

its gona be brilliant when the finger pointing begins.

The finger pointing and media tantrums and fan near suicides are the most entertaining part of it all.

TheIlladelph16
04-24-2014, 06:51 PM
I physically can't do it. Not anymore. It's official. No one in the NBA forum knows anything about basketball. We should change this to the NBA/TMZ forum where you can all have circle jerks about who you hope fails while your team is irrelevant.

Ya'll are just sad. No one in this thread knows a damn thing about playing basketball, and it's so obvious when any of you post.

Outside of a few good posters, this has always been the case. The NBA forum is collectively the dumbest on the entire forum here at PSD. This thread is another example of that.

lol, please
04-24-2014, 06:57 PM
Outside of a few good posters, this has always been the case. The NBA forum is collectively the dumbest on the entire forum here at PSD. This thread is another example of that.

It's both been the case for a while, and a running joke on PSD, some of us try and keep it that way as part of the running joke, it's fine with me because I expect nothing more from the NBA forum, they can't all be the MLB forum.

TheIlladelph16
04-24-2014, 07:03 PM
It's both been the case for a while, and a running joke on PSD, some of us try and keep it that way as part of the running joke, it's fine with me because I expect nothing more from the NBA forum, they can't all be the MLB forum.

That's not to say it's completely a waste. There is some great discussion and the good posters keep me coming back here despite the flaws. It's just ridiculous how many threads turn into complete ****shows between the homers, circle jerks and pointless bickering haha.

This thread and the subsequent discussion in it are completely over the top and agenda based. I mean, Dwight did WORK in that game on Tuesday, yet posters are somehow placing the blame for the loss on his shoulders. I get that some people don't like the guy and for good reason in Orlando fans' case, but that's insane. It's baffling sometimes.

Bruno
04-24-2014, 08:07 PM
it's going to be interesting to see what direction they choose to take the team. giving mchale and this core another year would be fair, and they have howard and harden signed for long enough to give it another year before looking to make changes.

Bruno
04-24-2014, 08:07 PM
Ztitzler, or how ever you spell it, where are you from?

anything that is said about Houston, you come in crying about lakers fans, quit being so defensive, you really think all the laker fans care about is bashing Dwight, just because a few laker fans do not like him, does not mean that all laker fans believe this crap. Just get over it and move on, you cant convince everybody, so be it, doesn't mean your wrong, but your statement that everyone in this forum doesnt know anything about basketball is absurd, who are you? Why do you know more than everyone, because you post more? Get over yourself, your coming off as childish and a extreme lakers hater. It's great we all know your opinion, Lakers suck, their fans are circle jerks that know nothing about basketball, and anything you say about Dwight or the Rockets is the end all be all, it's gettingh ridiculous.
he's as bias in his own way as anyone he criticizes so take it with a grain of salt.

torocan
04-25-2014, 07:47 AM
it's going to be interesting to see what direction they choose to take the team. giving mchale and this core another year would be fair, and they have howard and harden signed for long enough to give it another year before looking to make changes.

The team does need more time to grow and gel as it's their first year together with Howard, but I suspect it may not be with McHale. There are rumors swirling about that McHale is telling the FO that a significant part of the team's current struggles is due to their lead Defensive Assistant Kelvin Sampson leaving for a head coaching job at the beginning of April. Sampson essentially served the a similar role for McHale as Tom Thibodeau did for JVG.

Apparently the rumor is that McHale is saying that Sampson was doing all the pre-game defensive game planning, was the disciplinarian in defensive drills, was responsible for in-game defensive adjustments, and was the only one who could motivate James Harden on the defensive end.

This is being reported by certain long time Clutchfans (Rockets message board) posters that are believed to have reliable track records as "inside sources" for the Rockets.

If the rumors are true, then McHale won't make it past the summer if they exit the first round as his contract is up for a team option at the end of the season.

ghettosean
04-25-2014, 08:36 AM
Damn that makes a lot of sense if true... though people can't pretend Harden isn't choking out there.... combining his FGA from games 1 and 2 he's shooting 29%

Chronz
04-26-2014, 12:35 AM
Sampson essentially served the a similar role for McHale as Tom Thibodeau did for JVG.

Any sources on what his job entailed? JVG didn't run his system defensively, that much is certain.

jerellh528
04-26-2014, 12:40 AM
Edit: wrong thread

FOBolous
04-26-2014, 01:12 PM
In Harden's absence, Howard's been doing a good job carrying the Rockets.

PraiseJesus
04-26-2014, 04:16 PM
If you look at the records, I never wanted Dwight as a Laker

I've also stated that Dwight will never be a champion because he lacks the proper attitude and drive to be great.

Just compare Dwight to Joakim Noah or Damian Lilard and you will see what im saying.

My feelings were confirmed after watching him on the Lakers

You know whats ironic though? Dwight ditched LA after a first round exit now hes in Houston and is going to do a first round exit again!

haha

FOBolous
04-26-2014, 05:40 PM
If you look at the records, I never wanted Dwight as a Laker

I've also stated that Dwight will never be a champion because he lacks the proper attitude and drive to be great.

Just compare Dwight to Joakim Noah or Damian Lilard and you will see what im saying.

My feelings were confirmed after watching him on the Lakers

You know whats ironic though? Dwight ditched LA after a first round exit now hes in Houston and is going to do a first round exit again!

haha

hahahahahaha so funny. You know what else is funny? If he stayed in LA, he would be stuck playing on a lottery team with a crap owner, crap coach, and d league teammates.

PraiseJesus
04-26-2014, 05:45 PM
hahahahahaha so funny. You know what else is funny? If he stayed in LA, he would be stuck playing on a lottery team with a crap owner, crap coach, and d league teammates.

Either way I dont really care.

The only guy that can help Dwight is Phil Jackson