PDA

View Full Version : Lance Stephenson and Evan Turner had a fist fight before game 1

shep33
04-23-2014, 12:04 PM
http://sports.yahoo.com/news/pacers-fight-each-other-on-eve-of-playoffs--finally-take-swing-at-hawks-in-game-2-062419341.html

On the eve of this Eastern Conference series, the wobbling No. 1 seed punctuated its final playoff preparations in a most self-destructive way: Two Indiana Pacers dragged a cursing, cut Evan Turner out of the Bankers Life Fieldhouse court, untangling him from a practice-floor fistfight with teammate Lance Stephenson.

Turner hadn't been the first Pacer to lose his temper with Stephenson these tumultuous several weeks, and Stephenson's relentlessly irritable nature suggests Turner won't be the last. These scrapes aren't uncommon in the NBA, but this confrontation had been weeks in the making and that reflected in the ferocity of the encounter, sources told Yahoo Sports.

TrueFan420
04-23-2014, 12:15 PM
Hahahahahah fist fight it was probably more of a slap fight

goingfor28
04-23-2014, 12:16 PM
First George and Hibbert cross swords, now this. What's next?

Ebbs
04-23-2014, 12:16 PM
Lance obviously whooped the **** out of him

kdspurman
04-23-2014, 12:17 PM
Well they won Game 2. Maybe they should do it more often

shep33
04-23-2014, 12:19 PM
Well they won Game 2. Maybe they should do it more often

Haha totally. It may have been a good thing, but there is so much drama with this squad. Insanity

Jetsguy
04-23-2014, 12:30 PM

No homo

Crackadalic
04-23-2014, 12:32 PM
Seeing lance play in person from brooklyn and being called "born ready" I'm not surprise by this at all

NYKnickFanatic
04-23-2014, 12:37 PM
I know Lance put the beats on that boy.

49ersLALSFGiant
04-23-2014, 12:40 PM
It was before game 1 not game 2. Someone fix the thread title

IndyRealist
04-23-2014, 12:40 PM
Woj's report actually says it happened prior to game 1.

FYL_McVeezy
04-23-2014, 12:44 PM
Lance def washed Turner but Indy is toast. Fights in locker rooms are common but given everything that happened over the last month or so, they are not the united front that they need to be to dethrone the champs....

Paul George got catfish'd then forgot how to score.
Hibbert calling out teammates then forgets how to play center

Now this :laugh:

GunFactor187
04-23-2014, 12:44 PM
Big mistake by the Pacers trading their true glue guy in Granger.

IndyRealist
04-23-2014, 12:48 PM
I think every Pacers fan understands that Lance has been the reason the offense and chemistry has gone to heck. Since the ASG he's been trying desperately to get points any way he can, which often means breaking the offensive set and taking a contested iso or turnover the ball over. When the Pacers made their run in the 3rd, Lance was on the bench (as was Turner) and the backcourt was George Hill and CJ Watson. Lance and Turner were the first ones on the court to congratulate the players at the end of the 3rd, though.

Red_Pill
04-23-2014, 01:37 PM
I think every Pacers fan understands that Lance has been the reason the offense and chemistry has gone to heck. Since the ASG he's been trying desperately to get points any way he can, which often means breaking the offensive set and taking a contested iso or turnover the ball over. When the Pacers made their run in the 3rd, Lance was on the bench (as was Turner) and the backcourt was George Hill and CJ Watson. Lance and Turner were the first ones on the court to congratulate the players at the end of the 3rd, though.

Is it because he's upset about being snubbed at the ASG? Or trying harder to get paid this off-season?

AddiX
04-23-2014, 01:50 PM
Is lance really this disruptful to Indy behind the scenes? Because I don't see it one bit on the court.

NYKnickFanatic
04-23-2014, 02:25 PM
I'd gladly welcome him with open arms, to come to NY.

PacersForLife
04-23-2014, 02:27 PM
Like others have said, it was the day before game 1.

When did George and Hibbert "cross swords?"

Sadds The Gr8
04-23-2014, 02:31 PM
Born Ready slapped the **** outta that **** boy Turner

FlashBolt
04-23-2014, 02:34 PM
Lance is immature. Dude can flat out ball and is worthy of being a 8-11 million player but he's been in plenty of pointless arguments over the past years. This team is a mess and the reason why they are in such a slump is because they are fighting each other instead of their opponent. Hansborough and Granger meant more to this team than people think. +Hibbert is a joke. He looked huge standing next to Duncan but still can't perform half of what Duncan can.

PacersForLife
04-23-2014, 02:40 PM
Lance is immature. Dude can flat out ball and is worthy of being a 8-11 million player but he's been in plenty of pointless arguments over the past years. This team is a mess and the reason why they are in such a slump is because they are fighting each other instead of their opponent. Hansborough and Granger meant more to this team than people think. +Hibbert is a joke. He looked huge standing next to Duncan but still can't perform half of what Duncan can.
Hansbrough meant just about nothing to this team, not sure where that's coming from, and the young guys can't go through their whole careers with Danny Granger holding their hands. I'm not saying the Granger trade did nothing to chemistry, but he wasn't producing much on the court. I'm not sure we would be so much better off with Granger still on the team considering our struggles started when he was still with the team.

GiantsSwaGG
04-23-2014, 02:40 PM
Evan Turner wants no parts of Stephenson

sunsfan88
04-23-2014, 02:42 PM
Evan Turner is an idiot. I called it when I said the trade for him wouldn't be as good as everyone thinks it is.

shep33
04-23-2014, 02:55 PM
My bad guys. Mods you can change the thread title. It was before game 1

PacersForLife
04-23-2014, 03:02 PM
Evan Turner is an idiot. I called it when I said the trade for him wouldn't be as good as everyone thinks it is.

I'll admit, I was excited when the trade first happened, but I can't wait until Turner is gone this off-season.

P&GRealist
04-23-2014, 03:04 PM
:box:

John Walls Era
04-23-2014, 03:08 PM
When did George and Hibbert "cross swords?"

Google.

PacersForLife
04-23-2014, 03:10 PM
Nevermind, I thought he was saying Hibbert and George had problems with each other, but now I know...

kdspurman
04-23-2014, 03:12 PM
My bad guys. Mods you can change the thread title. It was before game 1

All done sir. Also, fwiw I saw a few headlines also saying it was before game 2.

bleedprple&gold
04-23-2014, 03:21 PM

Is it because he's upset about being snubbed at the ASG? Or trying harder to get paid this off-season?

Probably trying to getting paid. I think he's still upset from being a 2nd round pick too. He's got the me vs the world attitude going.

goingfor28
04-23-2014, 03:25 PM
Nevermind, I thought he was saying Hibbert and George had problems with each other, but now I know...

:hi5: lol

Tony_Starks
04-23-2014, 03:30 PM
Lance needs to chill out and just play. This summer will probably be the biggest payday he's ever seen and his "reputation" could very well screw it up.....

Avenged
04-23-2014, 03:37 PM
Indiana Drama Queens.

hoosiercubsfan
04-23-2014, 03:41 PM

I really think it is this. I think he felt extremely disrespected by not getting selected. When he was playing out of his mind the first half of the season. Ever since the all star break Lance has not been the same player at all. He started playing for Lance and not as part of the team. As far as the point of the thread. I would hope the players are pissed at each other as horrible as they have played the last 2 months. Though winning takes care of a whole lot of that.

Kinglorious
04-23-2014, 04:53 PM
Like, with their fists? ...Yeah, right. Show me the shiners. They shoved each other a bit, exchanged pleasantries 2" from each others face, a cluster**** ensued and their teammates intervened.

IndyRealist
04-23-2014, 05:28 PM
Is lance really this disruptful to Indy behind the scenes? Because I don't see it one bit on the court.

Really? He's a constant overdribbler, and waives off playcalls so he can iso for an off-balance, contested shot. He's looking to get his, and the offense grinds to a halt whenever he does. In the first half of the season the ball went into the post to distort the defense, then back out to the wings to make a move. Constant passing, NO iso. In the second half it's all trying to beat your man off the dribble.

He was BENCHED in the second half of game 2, and the Pacers went back to passing the ball and blew out the Hawks. It is not a coincidence.

NoahH
04-23-2014, 06:23 PM
No homo

:laugh:

tredigs
04-23-2014, 06:41 PM

To be fair, you don't see much.

Also I'm pretty sure everyone who was there denied categorically that any punch was thrown, let alone a full blown fist fight. Not sure where the actual fight headlines are coming from, but it seems like it's not from anyone present at the time. Regardless, just more bad news for a team in turmoil.

AddiX
04-23-2014, 07:18 PM
To be fair, you don't see much.

Also I'm pretty sure everyone who was there denied categorically that any punch was thrown, let alone a full blown fist fight. Not sure where the actual fight headlines are coming from, but it seems like it's not from anyone present at the time. Regardless, just more bad news for a team in turmoil.

Nice cheap shot, from tredigs my favorite Bay Area tranny and his flamboyantly gay pet Froggy.

NBA_Starter
04-23-2014, 07:24 PM
Maybe the team set it up to drive Stephenson's value down so he will stay?:speechless:

FriedTofuz
04-23-2014, 07:57 PM
washington/ chicago will take care of them, clean sweep.

IndyRealist
04-23-2014, 08:06 PM
Maybe the team set it up to drive Stephenson's value down so he will stay?:speechless:

With the tax line going up the Pacers can pay him $11M/yr with raises. I seriously doubt anyone goes higher than that.