PDA

View Full Version : R1G2: Portland Trailblazers(5) vs. Houston Rockets(4) - 4/23 - 9:30 PM EST - TNT

Pages : 1 2 [3]

AddiX
04-24-2014, 01:36 AM
I don't even like Dwight, but I feel bad For him, the guy was constantly stepping up on help defense and he had no one helping him.

It's a joke when these teams think you can just plop a defensive center on the team and that they'll be able to cover for he entire team. Cant put any blame on Dwight tonight, he's just surrounded by to many softies.

P&GRealist
04-24-2014, 01:41 AM
I don't even like Dwight, but I feel bad For him, the guy was constantly stepping up on help defense and he had no one helping him.

It's a joke when these teams think you can just plop a defensive center on the team and that they'll be able to cover for he entire team. Cant put any blame on Dwight tonight, he's just surrounded by to many softies.

Why?

THIS IS WHAT HE ASKED FOR when he wanted to be recruited by like 6 different teams last July.

His best friend is CHANDLER PARSONS, who Dwight claims is the main guy that convinced him to come to Houston.

He WANTED to play with JAMES HARDEN and not Kobe Bryant or any other player that he basically called garbage on the Orlando Magic.

He WANTED to play for THIS HEAD COACH thinking that McHale would help him improve offensively.

He WANTED to be mentored day in and day out by HAKEEM THE DREAM OLAJUWON.

THIS IS WHAT HE ASKED FOR, and what does he do?

He plays 1 great half of playoff basketball and disappears in the 2nd half on both ends of the floor. An Elite great player plays consistently throughout the FULL 48 MINUTES!!!

sunsfan88
04-24-2014, 01:51 AM
And your point is??

Just proving yours bud.

Saddletramp
04-24-2014, 01:54 AM
Just watched the game (actually there's a a little bit of time left) and man, Harden needs to step it up. Two guys showed up to play in the first half and only one guy showed up in the second. If LMA keeps shooting like that, there's no telling how many games they're going to win. But if he doesn't, or Harden actually shows up, the Blazers are toast. I just don't think Aldridge will let up and who the heck knows with Harden.

Where were any other Rocket?

Aldridge seems like one of those players that needs to be in a contract year more often. In years past he was great, but he's really stepped it up to another notch now that he's auditioning for big market teams for next year.

That loss was embarrassing and hats off to the Blazers. Outcoached, outplayed, outhussled, and outsuperstarred.

ThuglifeJ
04-24-2014, 01:54 AM
Where's MBT?

It's too early, wait til the series is over before serving some crow, one must be a gentleman about it.

Lmao screw that. That guy has been in EVERYONES face being a huge wannabe authoritative poster. Telling people what to do how their opinions are wrong.. dude deserves to eat lots and lots of yummy crow after this. Lmao so many dam Houston fans thinking they're going to win it all.

#firstroundfirst

sunsfan88
04-24-2014, 01:56 AM
Why?

THIS IS WHAT HE ASKED FOR when he wanted to be recruited by like 6 different teams last July.

He WANTED to play with JAMES HARDEN and not Kobe Bryant or any other player that he basically called garbage on the Orlando Magic.

He WANTED to play for THIS HEAD COACH thinking that McHale would help him improve offensively.

He WANTED to be mentored day in and day out by HAKEEM THE DREAM OLAJUWON.

THIS IS WHAT HE ASKED FOR, and what does he do?

Not true. Houston was never his first choice, Brooklyn was. The Nets were the team he wanted to be on all along and he only signed with Houston after the Nets gave Lopez the max thus taking themselves out of the conversation to land Dwight.

And come on man, I bet your a big Laker fan and I bet EVEN you would rather play with 25 year old Harden who came off averaging 26 ppg than a 36 year old Kobe recovering from ACL injury.

Dwight's done some stupid stuff but leaving the Lakers ain't one of them.

Lakers and him would both be terrible shape had he stayed.

Saddletramp
04-24-2014, 01:56 AM
Actually not many Rockets fans that they were winning a title this year. Not many thought they'd be bounced in the first round either, though, and that might be where The Rockets are headed.

zn23
04-24-2014, 01:59 AM
Howard was an absolute beast.

Harden had a Kobe-esque, 6-19 with 5 turnovers. So that's definitely not going to help.

The Rockets bench has to step up though, and they have to hit those wide open 3's when Howard kicks the ball out.

P&GRealist
04-24-2014, 02:00 AM
Not true. Houston was never his first choice, Brooklyn was. The Nets were the team he wanted to be on all along and he only signed with Houston after the Nets gave Lopez the max thus taking themselves out of the conversation to land Dwight.

And come on man, I bet your a big Laker fan and I bet EVEN you would rather play with 25 year old Harden who came off averaging 26 ppg than a 36 year old Kobe recovering from ACL injury.

Dwight's done some stupid stuff but leaving the Lakers ain't one of them.

Lakers and him would both be terrible shape had he stayed.

If my problem was that I didn't know how to win, I would WANT TO PLAY WITH someone who knew how to win. And That man is KOBE BRYANT.

What had James Harden done that could help Dwight win in WIN NOW MODE?

ABSOLUTELY NOTHING!

If you want a killer, an assassin by your side, you want a guy like Kobe Bryant. Not James Harden.

P&GRealist
04-24-2014, 02:02 AM
Actually not many Rockets fans that they were winning a title this year. Not many thought they'd be bounced in the first round either, though, and that might be where The Rockets are headed.

Not just bounced, but perhaps even swept.

ThuglifeJ
04-24-2014, 02:03 AM
Harden again getting exposed in the playoffs.

But but, his per, and efficiency! Lmao, clowns...

Lmao. Harden is a joke. Take away his flops, call a travel or two on him and he's nothing.

Seriously he's the only guy to flop, travel, not play D, shoot 30% in playoffs, miss every GW shot, and still get called a star.

Over-rated. Hugely

ThuglifeJ
04-24-2014, 02:05 AM
Harden. Exposed. Rockets title contenders. Exposed.

P&GRealist
04-24-2014, 02:05 AM
Lmao. Harden is a joke. Take away his flops, call a travel or two on him and he's nothing.

Seriously he's the only guy to flop, travel, not play D, shoot 30% in playoffs, miss every GW shot, and still get called a star.

Over-rated. Hugely

Thank you.

shep33
04-24-2014, 02:13 AM
LMA is a beast. An impressive number that gets overlooked with his performances is 4. That's how many turnovers he's had in these first two games combined. For someone taking nearly 30 shots a game so far this series, that's insane.

P&GRealist
04-24-2014, 02:13 AM
Jimmy Spencer @JimmySpencerNBA about 22 minutes ago
James Harden is shooting 29.8 percent (14-of-47) in this series. The rest of the #Rockets are shooting 45.9 percent as a team

Goose17
04-24-2014, 02:24 AM
Wow. Didn't imagine them dropping both.

KG21
04-24-2014, 02:27 AM

Over-rated. Hugely

Amen to this brother!

COOLbeans
04-24-2014, 02:31 AM
Where are all the Rockets fans? :confused:

P&GRealist
04-24-2014, 02:55 AM
tomhaberstroh Tom Haberstroh
On postgame notes distributed by the Rockets' staff, one line reads "Rockets are 0-6 in the playoffs when Harden attempts 19 or more FGAs."

P&GRealist
04-24-2014, 02:59 AM
Rockets bench isn't giving them anything. They went from producing 21 pts in game 1 to just 13 in game 2.

Portland bench total opposite. After producing just 7 pts in game 1, they gave 30 in game 2.

tredigs
04-24-2014, 03:08 AM
The Rockets just got embarrassed on their home floor by losing b2b and Harden is dropping the cosbies off all over the bed. Can't lie, I enjoyed that quite a bit.

John Walls Era
04-24-2014, 03:32 AM
I hate how Harden stands very far away (way outside the 3) when the play is not being ran for him.

Also the way they're defending Aldridge is atrocious. Mchale needs to start changing things because letting LA get 40 b2b is a disgrace. Hes a good player, but this is the playoffs. He was scoring with ease.

lol, please
04-24-2014, 03:42 AM
The Rockets just got embarrassed on their home floor by losing b2b and Harden is dropping the cosbies off all over the bed. Can't lie, I enjoyed that quite a bit.

:laugh2:

tredigs
04-24-2014, 04:09 AM
I hate how Harden stands very far away (way outside the 3) when the play is not being ran for him.

Also the way they're defending Aldridge is atrocious. Mchale needs to start changing things because letting LA get 40 b2b is a disgrace. Hes a good player, but this is the playoffs. He was scoring with ease.

It's too late for adjustments. You lose both at home to start, the series is done. I give the Blazers ~98% on winning, that other 2% being dependent on something freak situation where LMA or Lillard+Matthews were to go down.

P&GRealist
04-24-2014, 04:14 AM
Blazers making the finals would be awesome.

I'm tired of the whole SAS/OKC. . Blah blah blah

Give me some new fresh blood in the conference finals and nba finals. That's what makes the NBA exciting!

Asik's better
04-24-2014, 04:37 AM
First game, yes, second game not as much. Asik both cut off his pass inside to him and had a hand right in his face and he was still making shots. There is not a lot Asik to do to stop him.

PurpleLynch
04-24-2014, 05:23 AM
If my problem was that I didn't know how to win, I would WANT TO PLAY WITH someone who knew how to win. And That man is KOBE BRYANT.

What had James Harden done that could help Dwight win in WIN NOW MODE?

ABSOLUTELY NOTHING!

If you want a killer, an assassin by your side, you want a guy like Kobe Bryant. Not James Harden.

Just a fool would choose Harden over Kobe,I agree.But Howard left a situation that was desperate and he was right(just see our horrendous season,D'Antoni's situation,FO's situation,weak overall team,etc).He avoided a very big loose rock deciding to leave the Lakers. Houston was obviously the best choice for him(since the Nets didn't take him). Said that,I'll keep repeating that is McHale's fault for this downfall against Portland. The team has the tools to be a WCF team,but McHale just ruins what this team could be...

Anyway,best wishes for the Blazers,they're showing a huge pair of manly balls.

jason17
04-24-2014, 05:29 AM
Good for portland .

Goose17
04-24-2014, 05:39 AM
Great win for Portland. People getting carried away though. They'll likely win the series now but anything is possible.

SteBO
04-24-2014, 06:49 AM
I called Rockets in 5...:laugh2:

But man you gotta give it LMA. Some of the shots he's hit through two games, you just pat his *** and run down the other end if you're the defender.

Iron24th
04-24-2014, 06:59 AM
harden is pretty bad in playoffs as usual

GiantsSwaGG
04-24-2014, 08:50 AM
LMA turned into Jordan the last 2 game but I still see the Rockets coming back!

mdm692
04-24-2014, 10:03 AM
LMA turned into Jordan the last 2 game but I still see the Rockets coming back!
Yup. They'll go back to Houston once they're eliminated.

archdevil84
04-24-2014, 11:34 AM
:drool:

:dance: suck
:dance: on
:dance: this
:dance: James
:dance: Harden
:dance: fans
:dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

archdevil84
04-24-2014, 11:36 AM
this is so awesome. LMA being an absolute BEAST and james harden being a noob and meanwhile portland is up 2-0 going home??? oh man, this is so great! FCK YOU ROCKETS!!! HAHAHAHAHA
:dance::dance:

Chronz
04-24-2014, 11:52 AM
It's too late for adjustments. You lose both at home to start, the series is done. I give the Blazers ~98% on winning, that other 2% being dependent on something freak situation where LMA or Lillard+Matthews were to go down.

Houston has won the first 2 games on the road and wound up losing the series before. Wonder how often that has happened.

Chronz
04-24-2014, 11:57 AM
Not really understanding the hate the Rockets are getting tho, its not like they are out there as a 1 seed losing to an 8th seed in the East, this is the war zone known as THE WEST as a 4 AND 5 seed are battling it out.

If theres anyone that deserves criticism, its Harden. There is some truth to what you guys are saying but I dont think the makeup of his game is at fault, that never stopped him or players of his ilk in the past, the guy is simply choking. Superstars cant have consecutively bad playoff games, but Harden is a very streaky player so Im not convinced this series is over. Harden could just as easily show up on the road in a big way.

JoeDirt05
04-24-2014, 12:00 PM

Houston has won the first 2 games on the road and wound up losing the series before. Wonder how often that has happened.

They showed a thing on Espn and only 16 teams that lost both games to start a series went on to win the series

Chronz
04-24-2014, 12:17 PM
http://gfycat.com/ElectricOrdinaryChinesecrocodilelizard#?format=gif

archdevil84
04-24-2014, 12:40 PM
http://gfycat.com/ElectricOrdinaryChinesecrocodilelizard#?format=gif

dwight is the only player i like from the rockets, as weird as that may sound :D

COOLbeans
04-24-2014, 01:04 PM
Just a fool would choose Harden over Kobe,I agree.But Howard left a situation that was desperate and he was right(just see our horrendous season,D'Antoni's situation,FO's situation,weak overall team,etc).He avoided a very big loose rock deciding to leave the Lakers. Houston was obviously the best choice for him(since the Nets didn't take him). Said that,I'll keep repeating that is McHale's fault for this downfall against Portland. The team has the tools to be a WCF team,but McHale just ruins what this team could be...

Anyway,best wishes for the Blazers,they're showing a huge pair of manly balls.

The Dubs offered the Lakers Bogut and Klay Thompson for him and neither Howard nor the Lakers bit. And I'm glad they didn't. Klay Thompson's a stud

valade16
04-24-2014, 01:07 PM
Not really understanding the hate the Rockets are getting tho, its not like they are out there as a 1 seed losing to an 8th seed in the East, this is the war zone known as THE WEST as a 4 AND 5 seed are battling it out.

If theres anyone that deserves criticism, its Harden. There is some truth to what you guys are saying but I dont think the makeup of his game is at fault, that never stopped him or players of his ilk in the past, the guy is simply choking. Superstars cant have consecutively bad playoff games, but Harden is a very streaky player so Im not convinced this series is over. Harden could just as easily show up on the road in a big way.

People can't use this reasoning for why the Rockets are losing when people (including yourself) refused to give credit to the Blazers all season.

When they started 18-3 people said they weren't sure if the Blazers would get to 50 wins.

When there was the thread that was "how do the west playoffs turn out" everybody had the Blazers falling to 6th (and many to 7th) behind SA, OKC, LAC, HOU, GS and PHO/MEM.

Then when the playoff predictions happened nobody, and I mean nobody said the Blazers would win.

Now they are up 2-0 having beaten the Rockets twice on their homefloor and lots of people still think Houston will win in 7.

Don't start saying the Blazers are a tough matchup after an entire year of saying they weren't that good. As a Blazer fan I really don't want to hear it because I've been saying we were good for awhile now and I was getting massive **** for it.

FlashBolt
04-24-2014, 01:09 PM
LMA is a beast. An impressive number that gets overlooked with his performances is 4. That's how many turnovers he's had in these first two games combined. For someone taking nearly 30 shots a game so far this series, that's insane.

Not really considering most of his shots have been jumpers.

D-Leethal
04-24-2014, 01:10 PM
Efficiency whores favorite team getting whooped on by efficiency whores favorite target. Gotta love it.

valade16
04-24-2014, 01:19 PM
Not really considering most of his shots have been jumpers.

That was game 2.

Game 1 he went 12/16 in the paint. He is scoring from everywhere on the Rockets right now.

ThuglifeJ
04-24-2014, 01:20 PM
Was that hardens fault on Mathews basket when it was 104 100? If so he should be slapped. hard.

Dwight was sick this game though

DillyDill
04-24-2014, 01:21 PM
The Dubs offered the Lakers Bogut and Klay Thompson for him and neither Howard nor the Lakers bit. And I'm glad they didn't. Klay Thompson's a stud

Glad we didn't take that, Bogut waaaayyyy 2 injury prone.

John Walls Era
04-24-2014, 01:25 PM

Mavs did it in 06 vs Rockets (or 05). Its possible, Rockets are just as talented. If they would learn to double team LA....

P&GRealist
04-24-2014, 01:36 PM
Mavs did it in 06 vs Rockets (or 05). Its possible, Rockets are just as talented. If they would learn to double team LA....

If they double LMA, he has 5 superb 3 pt shooters to kick it out to in Lillard, Matthews, Batum, Mo and Dorrell.

Game 3, Rockets will play better, Harden I expect to drop 30 with 20 free throw attempts, but I expect the story of the game to be the Blazers 3 pt shooting in game 3, with LMA getting a quiet 25 & 10.

JordansBulls
04-24-2014, 01:43 PM
Dwight needs to hold Aldridge. Back in 1999 when Rasheed was killing Duncan, they put Robinson on Rasheed to lock him down and that turned the series around.

Bruno
04-24-2014, 02:07 PM
Efficiency whores favorite team getting whooped on by efficiency whores favorite target. Gotta love it.

yep.

Bruno
04-24-2014, 02:08 PM
Dwight needs to hold Aldridge. Back in 1999 when Rasheed was killing Duncan, they put Robinson on Rasheed to lock him down and that turned the series around.

it could happen. but san antonio was a mature well coached team that could deal with turmoil. i don't know how houstons team of man-boys are going to adjust to being in the rose garden. that place is pretty rowdy.

ThuglifeJ
04-24-2014, 02:41 PM
James Harden on struggle: "We have to get our swag back."

See. They just have high school mentalities. Portland is way more mature and focused. No excuses from them, they do what they gotta do get the job done like men.

P&GRealist
04-24-2014, 02:46 PM
Dwight paired up with a guy who has that childish outlook approach to the game and life.

As much as people hate Kobe, the fact remains the guy was way too mature, sophisticated and serious for Dwight's taste. Kobe was too much of a demanding figure. That 8-9 yr old age difference doesn't help either.

James Harden is that bearded funny guy that Dwight would hang out with in high school.

Hawkeye15
04-24-2014, 02:50 PM
one teams star is playing like crap, the other's out of his mind.

Pretty simple

tredigs
04-24-2014, 03:02 PM
Great win for Portland. People getting carried away though. They'll likely win the series now but anything is possible.

Of course anything is possible and part of my comment is just enjoying knocking some of these cocky Rox fans who have been spouting off all year, but it is a MASSIVE burden to overcome. The record for teams that win the first 2 games of the series is right around 250-16 (about 94% probability). And that doesn't take into acccount the road team taking the first 2 and then heading back home for 3 of the final 5 games. In that scenario I'd imagine it's closer to the 98% I mentioned.

I mean, if I could get the odds that reflected that ~95% range out of Vegas I'd swoop the Rockets up for a small bet in a heartbeat, but they've all but ensured their destiny in this series.

MonroeFAN
04-24-2014, 03:18 PM
I've avoided knocking some of those cocky Rox fans because I got banned for doing it recently. But I'm definitely enjoying this series.

lol, please
04-24-2014, 06:24 PM
I've avoided knocking some of those cocky Rox fans because I got banned for doing it recently. But I'm definitely enjoying this series.

:clap:

Tony_Starks
04-24-2014, 06:42 PM
How ironic that Darryl Morey the analytic genius that doesn't believe in long two's is about to get swept by a guy taking all mid range jumpers. I bet his stat sheet didn't see that one coming.....

sunsfan88
04-24-2014, 06:48 PM
How ironic that Darryl Morey the analytic genius that doesn't believe in long two's is about to get swept by a guy taking all mid range jumpers. I bet his stat sheet didn't see that one coming.....

Morey & Lin are showing that nerds without basketball knowledge/experience/skill can't win in the NBA.

Basketball's more than just numbers.

sunsfan88
04-24-2014, 06:56 PM
This sums it up:

http://media.fyre.co/qJAZRNKrQ2WN1rM9dc1q_rockets%20meltdown.gif

lol, please
04-24-2014, 06:58 PM
This sums it up:

http://media.fyre.co/qJAZRNKrQ2WN1rM9dc1q_rockets%20meltdown.gif

:laugh:

Chronz
04-24-2014, 11:03 PM
People can't use this reasoning for why the Rockets are losing when people (including yourself) refused to give credit to the Blazers all season.
But they did fall off, they still overachieved given expectations but they were very clearly not a top-4 team, I honestly thought GS and Memphis would have beaten them in the standings but in the West, the margins can mean alot. Fully healthy, I STILL rather play you guys than those 2 teams.

When they started 18-3 people said they weren't sure if the Blazers would get to 50 wins.
But the playoffs began with them at 54, thats what matters more come playoffs, not baby season predictions.

Don't start saying the Blazers are a tough matchup after an entire year of saying they weren't that good. As a Blazer fan I really don't want to hear it because I've been saying we were good for awhile now and I was getting massive **** for it.
Every playoff team in the West has been good, hell even that non-playoff team wasn't that far off. The point Im making is that its not the East with a 1 seed losing to an 8th seed, now that would be totally unpredictable because the sheer chance of that happening are so slim given the difference in quality, the reality is that the Rockets and Blazers are seeded right next to each other in a tough as **** conference, meaning the quality of play isn't that different from these 2 teams.

And technically, when people speak of matchups, they dont refer to season long success, but specific positional vulnerabilities between 2 clubs.

John Walls Era
04-24-2014, 11:26 PM
Morey & Lin are showing that nerds without basketball knowledge/experience/skill can't win in the NBA.

What?

And all the good teams use advanced metrics... its not like Morey is the only one who looks at them.

JoeDirt05
04-25-2014, 02:28 AM
Portland was for the vast majority of the season the best if not second best team in the league before injuries and being over played slowed them down and anyone thinking they would be a cake wake obvious doesn't watch games but only watches the box scores

shen
04-25-2014, 09:25 AM
The losses in February and March in all reality was nothing more then Blazers knew they would make the playoffs and basically **** it down till playoffs approached. They just went through the motions and waited for the playoffs trying to avoid injury. As playoffs got near they woke up, flipped the switch and turned back into the team that had best record first half the year.

Goose17
04-25-2014, 09:30 AM

LOL first of all, you realise there's more than two people on that team and you do realise that Lin does have talent as a player?

Secondly you do realise Memphis are hugely into the analytical side, and thanks to that, they're about to upset everyones favourite "contender"

valade16
04-25-2014, 11:07 AM
LOL first of all, you realise there's more than two people on that team and you do realise that Lin does have talent as a player?

Secondly you do realise Memphis are hugely into the analytical side, and thanks to that, they're about to upset everyones favourite "contender"

Blazers are up 2-0 heading to their homecourt and people are still saying Rockets in 7. Point is, it's WAY too earlier to say the Griz are "about" to upset OKC.

valade16
04-25-2014, 11:13 AM
But they did fall off, they still overachieved given expectations but they were very clearly not a top-4 team, I honestly thought GS and Memphis would have beaten them in the standings but in the West, the margins can mean alot. Fully healthy, I STILL rather play you guys than those 2 teams.

But the playoffs began with them at 54, thats what matters more come playoffs, not baby season predictions.

Every playoff team in the West has been good, hell even that non-playoff team wasn't that far off. The point Im making is that its not the East with a 1 seed losing to an 8th seed, now that would be totally unpredictable because the sheer chance of that happening are so slim given the difference in quality, the reality is that the Rockets and Blazers are seeded right next to each other in a tough as **** conference, meaning the quality of play isn't that different from these 2 teams.

And technically, when people speak of matchups, they dont refer to season long success, but specific positional vulnerabilities between 2 clubs.

The problem is everyone writes them off and says "I'd still rather play them than GS or Mem" and then when we win or do what everyone is saying they don't think they'll do they turnaround and say "oh, they're good".

This is the same Blazer team playing the same way they did at the beginning of the year. Don't retroactively give them credit when people were calling this from the beginning. They've won 11 of their past 12 games including 7 against playoff teams including everyone's favorites the Rockets, Grizzlies, Warriors and Clippers.

Is there a team in the playoffs playing as well as Portland right now?

Goose17
04-25-2014, 11:48 AM
Blazers are up 2-0 heading to their homecourt and people are still saying Rockets in 7. Point is, it's WAY too earlier to say the Griz are "about" to upset OKC.

Anything is possible but the Grizz are clearly the superior team. My money is on them.

The point still stands, a 7th seed is tearing apart a 2nd seed and analytics have most likely played a huge part in it.

valade16
04-25-2014, 01:10 PM
Anything is possible but the Grizz are clearly the superior team. My money is on them.

The point still stands, a 7th seed is tearing apart a 2nd seed and analytics have most likely played a huge part in it.

I agree with that. Thing is though, that ain't no regular 7th seed. If they'd been healthy all year they're likely a 4 seed. Scary how good the west is.

farren.louis
04-25-2014, 09:01 PM
For one thing the Our (The Rockets) home crowd is garbage where is the energy?. In game 1 everyone was biting there nails at tip off.
. Dwight should've played like this all season . He chose the wrong time to dominate the ball . LMA is just on fire! McHale needs to start asik , by the time asik enters the game LMA is already cooking. Hardens acting like a baby , he better get big tonight ,put Matthews in his place. Parsons isn't good enough to say he's the best SF (against anyone!)he needs to calm down. Lin is sorry I've said that for the last two years. McHale needs to get harden in position to score. Beverly is Beverly. Most of all we miss Aaron brooks! But with all that said we need to win tonight or obviously its over

Chronz
04-26-2014, 12:25 AM
The problem is everyone writes them off and says "I'd still rather play them than GS or Mem" and then when we win or do what everyone is saying they don't think they'll do they turnaround and say "oh, they're good".
So? I still would rather play you guys than a healthy GS and Memphis team.

This is the same Blazer team playing the same way they did at the beginning of the year. Don't retroactively give them credit when people were calling this from the beginning. They've won 11 of their past 12 games including 7 against playoff teams including everyone's favorites the Rockets, Grizzlies, Warriors and Clippers.
Nothing retroactive about it, this is where they finished the year in the standings and predictably fell off from the scorching hot start. And really, you're gonna count the Clips win in the final game of the season? I like how you arbitrarily chose the cutoff for previous games played right before a 3 game consecutive losing streak. Im sure you have your reasons for doing so, but the fact of the matter is, fans of every team can isolate regular season stretches. The reality of the situation was as I described before, not sure what you mean by calling this from the beginning.

Is there a team in the playoffs playing as well as Portland right now?
I like what Memphis and LA have been doing. Portland is winning with some superhuman performances from LMA. Does that bode well for the future? I honestly dont know but how would we begin to compare teams in different series?