PDA

View Full Version : Who got the shorter stick from the referees: Portland or Houston?

mrblisterdundee
04-22-2014, 10:37 PM
I saw an article on ESPN today about Dwight Howard and the Rockets trying to get past the blown call (http://espn.go.com/nba/playoffs/2014/story/_/id/10823608/2014-nba-playoffs-dwight-howard-houston-rockets-try-move-botched-foul-call) that fouled him out with 10.8 seconds left. But Robin Lopez fouled out on an equally bad call, and the officiating overall was horrible.

"Sometimes it's in your favor and sometimes it's not," said Damian Lillard. "But it's not like they're going to replay the last 30 seconds of the game. It happened, but one play never dictates the outcome of a game."
Who had it worse with the referees: Houston or Portland?

goingfor28
04-22-2014, 10:42 PM
It was rigged for both teams

still1ballin
04-22-2014, 11:04 PM
Portland

5ass
04-22-2014, 11:06 PM
bad officiating both ways, but houston had it worse bcz of that bad foul on howard. it caused a lost posession, lost defensive anchor, two fts to the other team, and they had no time to make up for the ref's bad call.

John Walls Era
04-23-2014, 12:47 AM
Houston.

The Dwight foul was terrible.

ryder78c
04-23-2014, 01:34 AM
Funny how one Howard foul compared to a whole team getting called for b.s.(blazers) calls Freeland got 2 fouls as soon as he got put in Lopez,Aldridge fouled out Matthews had 5 that's because the star treatment Howard and Harden get and Matthews is a top defender, Wes stopped kyle korvers 3pt streak and they kept calling b.s. on Matthews and Batum, it was CRAZY how one side the Refs called fouls. DONT Forget Aldridge and Lopez both fouled out on b.s. calls Lopez almost got a flagrant for Beverly running into him but changed it to just a T. Get F'in real if you think the Refs were for the blazers you obviously didn't watch the whole game or your to busy riding harden and Howard's BBalls.

lol, please
04-23-2014, 01:37 AM
I saw an article on ESPN today about Dwight Howard and the Rockets trying to get past the blown call (http://espn.go.com/nba/playoffs/2014/story/_/id/10823608/2014-nba-playoffs-dwight-howard-houston-rockets-try-move-botched-foul-call) that fouled him out with 10.8 seconds left. But Robin Lopez fouled out on an equally bad call, and the officiating overall was horrible.

Who had it worse with the referees: Houston or Portland?

Definitely Portland, what happened in the Houston game was fair and square.

ryder78c
04-23-2014, 01:52 AM
It was most likely a made up call for Howard or Beverley(I forget which)stumbling on top lillards foot falling into Lopez while traveling. But lopez gets a flagrant foul (yeah I know it got switched) call when he was a foot away then he fouls out Aldridge got called a a lot of 4 b.s. calls he fouled out Batum jumps straight up hands up with harden jumping into him that's a offensive foul just happened in the wizards vs bulls game with NENE doing the same thing and got the foul call and all the announcers were talking about a blown call

ryder78c
04-23-2014, 01:58 AM
Sorry hard to type on a tablet

Saddletramp
04-23-2014, 04:00 AM
It's not that ****ing hard to use commas and periods. It's hard to decipher whatever homer ******** you just posted. I'm posting from my goddamned phone; all it takes is an extra couple of seconds.

We've already been over this and not many people outside of Rockets haters/Blazers fans agree that the Blazers got hosed anymore than the Rockets did. The NBA even said the refs blew the Dwight foul out call. (And by the way, the Aldridge screen where he fouled out wasn't "b.s." Learn the rules. And the Lopez foul out call? It was a bad call but he DID have his hands on Howard's back. In a bang bang play like that, don't give the refs a reason to blow the call. Although even they screw up when you don't do anything but be grabbed by your opponent for 3 seconds like when Howard fouled out. Worst call of the playoffs so far and I hope no other team gets hosed by a call that bad.)

Pretty much this:

bad officiating both ways, but houston had it worse bcz of that bad foul on howard. it caused a lost posession, lost defensive anchor, two fts to the other team, and they had no time to make up for the ref's bad call.

sep11ie
04-23-2014, 06:22 AM
That was one of the worst called games I have ever seen. That crew should never be allowed to work together again.

Prob the last time the NBA forum will see me, since it has become one as bad as a forum as that those refs were.

Tblaze
04-23-2014, 07:35 AM
They started with a lot of calls against the Rockets, which scared me, cause usually when this happens they will do the opposite later in the game and can get away with it. This is exactly what happened.. they did quite alot to try let Houston run away with it in the 4th.

Overtime was bad calls both ways. If your argument is that the Howard call determines that it was more in Portland's favor over the game, watch the 4th quarter again, the reason this isn't being discussed is because it resulted in an overtime cause portland wouldn't let it go. More possibly "Decisive" calls in that stretch than the Howard call.

c.c.
04-23-2014, 08:43 AM
Houston duh! Those bogus screen calls that Matthews was getting. That four point play Lillard got. Harden got roughed up a lot and no whistle was blown. And that Howard call won the game. Man the list goes on

Goose17
04-23-2014, 01:33 PM
Same for both.

valade16
04-23-2014, 01:57 PM
It's not that ****ing hard to use commas and periods. It's hard to decipher whatever homer ******** you just posted. I'm posting from my goddamned phone; all it takes is an extra couple of seconds.

We've already been over this and not many people outside of Rockets haters/Blazers fans agree that the Blazers got hosed anymore than the Rockets did. The NBA even said the refs blew the Dwight foul out call. (And by the way, the Aldridge screen where he fouled out wasn't "b.s." Learn the rules. And the Lopez foul out call? It was a bad call but he DID have his hands on Howard's back. In a bang bang play like that, don't give the refs a reason to blow the call. Although even they screw up when you don't do anything but be grabbed by your opponent for 3 seconds like when Howard fouled out. Worst call of the playoffs so far and I hope no other team gets hosed by a call that bad.)

Pretty much this:

1st Lopezís hand was not on Howardís back. He literally did not touch him until Howard was falling to the ground from a trip.

2nd How does your advice to Lopez not apply just as equally to Dwight? Thatís called hypocrisy, and then you have the nerve to call others homers. Good stuff.

3rd Notice the league didnít comment on the Lopez play even though it was wrong, because the league doesnít care about anyone but the superstars. Lopez got fouled out on a terrible call, Howard got fouled out on a terrible call. Itís called Karma, and it caught up quick.

4th Houstonís entire gameplan (particularly Harden) is to draw as many fouls as possible. I donít think itís a stretch to say they get the most bogus foul calls in the league, so if thatís your strategy you canít complain when it doesnít go your way one game.

Live by the foul, die by the foul. But donít complain when your complaints are what every other fanbase has been complaining about when they face the Rockets. It makes you guys seem conceited

TaylorMays
04-23-2014, 02:20 PM
It was pretty awful both ways which sucks because I went to the Rockets/Blazers game when Harden hit the corner 3 to go to OT and those refs were just as bad. Just seems like we can't get competent refs. They were soooo inconsistent. I'm a Rockets fan so I'm gonna give an example for our side but I know there are alot for the Blazers too but, for Beverley to get a tech for skipping away from the bench and getting a tech and for Aldridge running AT the ref and getting in his face not being a tech was awful. Hopefully tonight is just not a disgrace to basketball like the last one was

Saddletramp
04-23-2014, 08:59 PM
1st Lopezís hand was not on Howardís back. He literally did not touch him until Howard was falling to the ground from a trip.
It was a bad call. Never said it wasn't. But from the refs point of view he sees Howard go flying down while Lopez is on his back. The play looked weird in real time and the refs blew it but I couldn't tell exactly what happened until I saw the replay, which the refs don't have the benefit of viewing.

2nd How does your advice to Lopez not apply just as equally to Dwight? Thatís called hypocrisy, and then you have the nerve to call others homers. Good stuff.

No it's not. Seeing Lopez close on Howard while Howard is tripped from behind is a tight play in traffic. Having Howard just stand there while Freeland is draped over him with arms wrapped around him and then calling the foul on Howard is utterly ridiculous. I guarantee you Freeland was told to intentionally foul Howard if Harden missed and Freeland did exactly that. Too bad the refs blew the Blazers strategy.

3rd Notice the league didnít comment on the Lopez play even though it was wrong, because the league doesnít care about anyone but the superstars. Lopez got fouled out on a terrible call, Howard got fouled out on a terrible call. Itís called Karma, and it caught up quick.
Because, again, the Lopez foul was a close call in traffic. Was it wrong? Yes. Was it as bad as the Howard foul? Not even close. They're not going to apologize for every bad call but they will when it:
it caused a lost posession, lost defensive anchor, two fts to the other team, and they had no time to make up for the ref's bad call.

4th Houstonís entire gameplan (particularly Harden) is to draw as many fouls as possible. I donít think itís a stretch to say they get the most bogus foul calls in the league, so if thatís your strategy you canít complain when it doesnít go your way one game.

Live by the foul, die by the foul. But donít complain when your complaints are what every other fanbase has been complaining about when they face the Rockets. It makes you guys seem conceited

Harden drives to the basket a lot. People that drive to the basket a lot get a lot of calls. Some good, some phantom. It's just part of basketball. But it seems like the majority of people bringing this kind of stuff up are people saying the the Blazers won in spite of the refs trying to give the game to the Rockets, which is just ****ing ********.

ThuglifeJ
04-23-2014, 09:19 PM
Portland got screwed. Still won

JordansBulls
04-24-2014, 09:17 AM
These refs are from Portland

valade16
04-24-2014, 01:12 PM
These refs are from Portland

No, they're just not from Harden's *** where every little thing he does garners a foul.

I've said my biggest complaint about Harden (aside from his defense) is many times he drives to the hoop with no intention of trying to make a shot but simply to get a foul call. We are seeing that this series, when he doesn't get a foul call his shots are wildly off the mark because his strategy was never to actually try to make the shot.

Maybe he should try to score instead of trying to get the Ref's attention.