PDA

View Full Version : NBA Team That Closely Resembles NFL Team?

TheScab
04-22-2014, 01:36 PM
If you were to take any NBA team and compare it with any NFL team, which would closely resemble the most? Also, give your reasons why. There can even be more than one NFL team it would remind you of.

I'll start:

San Antonio Spurs = New England Patriots (Both have smart frugal management and do not overpay. Consistently good and contenders year in and year out. Superb coaching, smart teams and are able to plug any player into their systems to make them better).

Oklahoma City Thunder = Seattle Seahawks (Both have drafted well, built their team through the draft and developed their draft picks into stars).

Indiana Pacers = Denver Broncos (Both have stacked teams talent wise but neither show up when it matters).

Los Angeles Lakers = Dallas Cowboys (Constant media circus, poor upper management and receive undue media attention when they no longer deserve it because they haven't been good for a while).

Ezio
04-22-2014, 01:45 PM
OKC = Green Bay. Both offensive juggernauts but are iffy on the D

Bulls = Panthers. Defensive monsters but depend solely on one player to make their offense go.

Mr_Jones
04-22-2014, 01:58 PM
i hate you

Stunner
04-22-2014, 03:02 PM
OKC = Green Bay. Both offensive juggernauts but are iffy on the D

Bulls = Panthers. Defensive monsters but depend solely on one player to make their offense go.

Nice

BoSox47
04-22-2014, 03:29 PM
If you were to take any NBA team and compare it with any NFL team, which would closely resemble the most? Also, give your reasons why. There can even be more than one NFL team it would remind you of.

I'll start:

San Antonio Spurs = New England Patriots (Both have smart frugal management and do not overpay. Consistently good and contenders year in and year out. Superb coaching, smart teams and are able to plug any player into their systems to make them better).

Oklahoma City Thunder = Seattle Seahawks (Both have drafted well, built their team through the draft and developed their draft picks into stars).

Indiana Pacers = Denver Broncos (Both have stacked teams talent wise but neither show up when it matters).

Los Angeles Lakers = Dallas Cowboys (Constant media circus, poor upper management and receive undue media attention when they no longer deserve it because they haven't been good for a while).

First one with the pats and spurs i agree with. Second one with the Pacers and broncos, i think broncos match up better with the Clippers. Great flashy offense with suspect defense.

MiamiBoy77
04-22-2014, 03:39 PM
I like Clipps for Denver better than pacers.

Also Knicks jets

Green Bay San Antonio

Minnesota Minnesota - 1 star player, can't build around.

benzni
04-22-2014, 03:46 PM
Mets, Jets, Nets

Ezio
04-22-2014, 03:49 PM

Also Knicks jets

Green Bay San Antonio

Jesus nice one.

ColtsSpursTerps
04-22-2014, 04:26 PM

Also Knicks jets

Green Bay San Antonio

Nice!!!
As weird as it is to say, I totally agree on Spurs/Patriots. I may think brady's a little overrated, but damn do I admire how they run things over there.
Knicks might fit Cowboys a little better than Lakers because the Lakers have actually had success more recently than NYK.
Agree on Seahawks/Thunder - draft.
Colts = Rockets: Young, up-and-coming, offense is super fun to watch (both Luck and Harden are unorthodox), defense leaves a lot to be desired
Bears = Suns? Barely missed playoffs, another strong O/weak D cop-out but reasonable.
49ers = Grizzlies, hard-hitting, grit-and-grind. Gore=Zbo?
Texans = Trailblazers, some years they're above-average, other years their fans would rather forget about, can never seem to put it all together (maybe if Houston passes on a future HOF QB they'll have regretful drafts in common) although I don't think highly of any of the '14 prospects

Seahawker562
04-22-2014, 04:44 PM
Cleveland Browns - LA Clippers. Both historically awful and never accomplishing much other then a few playoff wins

nickdymez
04-22-2014, 04:46 PM

I'll start:

Troll. The Lakers won back to back titles 5 years ago. They were in the finals 3 years strait from 08-10. How is that a while?

FreakaNashur
04-22-2014, 04:59 PM
i guess the miami heat are the pittsburg steelers - all we do is WIN

Seahawker562
04-22-2014, 05:12 PM
i guess the miami heat are the pittsburg steelers - all we do is WIN

Except that the Steelers have a real fan base

Stunner
04-22-2014, 05:24 PM

Ouch

Teeboy1487
04-22-2014, 05:26 PM

Also Knicks jets

Green Bay San Antonio

Nice comparison.

ColtsSpursTerps
04-22-2014, 05:55 PM

:burn:

TheScab
04-23-2014, 12:38 PM
Nice!!!
As weird as it is to say, I totally agree on Spurs/Patriots. I may think brady's a little overrated, but damn do I admire how they run things over there.
Knicks might fit Cowboys a little better than Lakers because the Lakers have actually had success more recently than NYK.
Agree on Seahawks/Thunder - draft.
Colts = Rockets: Young, up-and-coming, offense is super fun to watch (both Luck and Harden are unorthodox), defense leaves a lot to be desired
Bears = Suns? Barely missed playoffs, another strong O/weak D cop-out but reasonable.
49ers = Grizzlies, hard-hitting, grit-and-grind. Gore=Zbo?
Texans = Trailblazers, some years they're above-average, other years their fans would rather forget about, can never seem to put it all together (maybe if Houston passes on a future HOF QB they'll have regretful drafts in common) although I don't think highly of any of the '14 prospects

Now that you mention it, yes the Knicks-Cowboys comparison applies much better.

PurpleLynch
04-23-2014, 03:08 PM

Lol

PurpleLynch
04-23-2014, 03:12 PM

I'll start:

I might be biased,but you should reconsider our recent history(The Lakers dominated just,you know,in the last decade for example);also,be a bit more subtle:that was too much of a silly attempt at trolling.

PacersForLife
04-23-2014, 03:18 PM

Lol.

goingfor28
04-23-2014, 03:24 PM

Ooooh kill em :laugh2:

todu82
04-23-2014, 03:44 PM
Celtics are like the Steelers. Great history but on a downward slope now.

NoahH
04-23-2014, 06:21 PM
Dont compare OKC to ANYTHING Seattle. Thanks