PDA

View Full Version : Which playoff coaches get fired?

P&GRealist
04-22-2014, 01:28 PM
Which playoff coaches get fired due to a lack of success or not meeting expectations?

On my phone so can't put up a poll.

Main options are:

Scott Brooks - OKC
Frank Vogel - IND
Kevin McHale - HOU
Mark Jackson - GSW

NYJ - NYY
04-22-2014, 01:29 PM
If Vogel doesn't get out the first round.... Deuces... Maybe even if they don't get to the conference finals

Minimal
04-22-2014, 01:34 PM
Brooks for me if they lose to memphis, others are pretty safe i would say

kozelkid
04-22-2014, 01:37 PM
Besides McHale, I think all three have a scorching hot seat. Brooks HAS to at least make it to the WCF. Hell, I would have fired him a LONG time ago. Jackson is more likely to get fired more for his off-court shenanigans of trying to get a coaching gig for a different team. Vogel's failure stems with the collapse since midseason. Granted, they never had the talent to sustain their early success in the first place, but through their struggles it does seem like he lost the locker room.

kingsdelez24
04-22-2014, 01:38 PM
Jackson might after the coaching scandals GS has had. Mark Jackson somehow finds hinself in a lot of bad personal situations

PurpleLynch
04-22-2014, 01:40 PM
Brooks is the one with most pressure on him. Championship is the goal this year for Okc.

MrfadeawayJB
04-22-2014, 01:53 PM
None will IMO but brooks seat will be the hottest of they don't get out of the first rd

Badluck33
04-22-2014, 02:06 PM
Which playoff coaches get fired due to a lack of success or not meeting expectations?

On my phone so can't put up a poll.

Main options are:

Scott Brooks - OKC
Frank Vogel - IND
Kevin McHale - HOU
Mark Jackson - GSW

I think Brooks is safe. Westbrook will be gone before Brooks
Vogel I dont think would be fired either.
McHale - Maybe
Mark Jackson will probably leave on his own.

JasonJohnHorn
04-22-2014, 03:10 PM
I wouldn't have said it at the beginning of the year, but Vogel if they lose first round will be looking for a job.

Mark Jackson, given the recent grumblings, will likely be out of a job unless he gets them to the second round.

If the Thunder have an early exit, Brooks might be looking for work, though I think so long as he gets to the ECF he'll be safe. That said, it's on ownership for letting Harden go if they don't win it all.

And the Wizards, even though they aren't expect to win in the first round, I think will take a long look at their coaching situation this summer and consider who is available. He was close to getting fired at the start of the season, and I don't think the ownership is as happy with him as they could be.