PDA

View Full Version : blazers vs rockets rigged?

MTar786
04-21-2014, 01:04 AM
guys, is this not the most rigged game of all time? refs trying so hard to make rockets win. yet blazers still persevere. that is admirable

AllDay28
04-21-2014, 01:05 AM
Lilliard owns

goingfor28
04-21-2014, 01:06 AM
Definitely. This is also 1000x worse than the Lakers Kings series from the early 2000's

bucketss
04-21-2014, 01:10 AM
not as bad as saturday when the nets didn't commit a single foul in the 4th.

ManRam
04-21-2014, 01:11 AM
rigged? no. just terribly officiated.

sixer04fan
04-21-2014, 01:13 AM
FWIW - Over the course of the entire game the Rockets only attempted one more FT than the Blazers (40-39). The Rockets also committed one more foul than the Blazers (33-32).

So no. Definitely wouldn't say it's rigged. Not even close. Poor officiating in certain spots, yes. But it actually seemed to even out pretty damn well.

ManRam
04-21-2014, 01:14 AM
not as bad as saturday when the nets didn't commit a single foul in the 4th.

They did tho. Deron had a charge called on him. Before TOR started fouling intentionally, it was 3 fouls called to 1 in the 4th. Big whoop.

The other awful game was LAC/GS, where two of the most impacting players never had a shot because the refs felt like taking them out of the game with awful foul calls.

True Sports Fan
04-21-2014, 01:15 AM
Another playoffs another rig effort by the refs

P&GRealist
04-21-2014, 01:17 AM
Tittays

5ass
04-21-2014, 01:23 AM
FWIW - Over the course of the entire game the Rockets only attempted one more FT than the Blazers (40-39). The Rockets also committed one more foul than the Blazers (33-32).

So no. Definitely wouldn't say it's rigged. Not even close. Poor officiating in certain spots, yes. But it actually seemed to even out pretty damn well.
And that's with hack a Dwight.

MTar786
04-21-2014, 01:23 AM
lol blazers beat refs and rockets in one night

Deception
04-21-2014, 01:24 AM
The Howard travel/foul call on Lopez was pretty bad, but in the fourth I didn't see much to say it was rigged. Refs were just horrible, especially the foul call on Beverly that fouled him out, there was almost no contact.

TaylorMays
04-21-2014, 01:26 AM
FWIW, Houston feels like it got screwed by the refs so I think they were pretty awful both ways. Aldridge's 6th foul was unfortunate and not how you want to see him go out but that's how they were calling it. Lopez's 6th was awful and Dwight's 6th was total ********. I honestly thought this thread was gonna be a pissed off Rockets fan. Anyway, here's to getting better refs for the rest of the series!

ManRam
04-21-2014, 01:31 AM
The Howard travel/foul call on Lopez was pretty bad, but in the fourth I didn't see much to say it was rigged. Refs were just horrible, especially the foul call on Beverly that fouled him out, there was almost no contact.

Howard was fouled on that play. The problem is they got the wrong guy. Lillard tripped him from behind. I also though LMA's 6th foul was the right call. LMA was an idiot for doing that.

I actually think they got the calls more or less OK late in the game. Howard's 6th foul was an utter joke and Lillard's and-1 was suspect. But whatever. Those bad calls happen.

The first half is what was NOT OK. It was VERY one-sided early on, in Portland's favor.

KingPosey
04-21-2014, 01:33 AM
Definitely. This is also 1000x worse than the Lakers Kings series from the early 2000's

Lol unless you're joking it wasn't even ****ing within a zillion miles near game 6

Deception
04-21-2014, 01:33 AM
Howard was fouled on that play. The problem is they got the wrong guy. Lillard tripped him from behind. I also though LMA's 6th foul was the right call. LMA was an idiot for doing that.

I actually think they got the calls more or less OK late in the game. Howard's 6th foul was an utter joke and Lillard's and-1 was suspect. But whatever. Those bad calls happen.

The first half is what was NOT OK. It was VERY one-sided early on, in Portland's favor.

I couldn't see the trip but that's because I was too lazy to look for the remote to rewind it. Howard's call was stupid, Beverly's foul was stupid, but so was the technical foul on Lopez when Dwight was basically bashing at him. Just terrible officiating.

mngopher35
04-21-2014, 01:35 AM
It was bad both ways really, not just in favor of Rockets.

goingfor28
04-21-2014, 01:39 AM
Lol unless you're joking it wasn't even ****ing within a zillion miles near game 6

I was being 100% sarcastic lol

ILLUSIONIST^248
04-21-2014, 01:52 AM

That series wasn't fixed at all, the kings shot more free throws in that series.

FriedTofuz
04-21-2014, 01:53 AM
Adam silver was probably in attendance.

goku
04-21-2014, 01:55 AM
guys, is this not the most rigged game of all time? refs trying so hard to make rockets win. yet blazers still persevere. that is admirable

it was bad both ways and at half time we had 0 FT attempts............... the only reason we got 1 more free throw was cause of the Hack of howard

ThuglifeJ
04-21-2014, 02:06 AM
It was pretty terrible. The whole last stretch and overtime was in attempt to make rockets win. Definitely admirable of Blazers.

bathroom_man
04-21-2014, 02:09 AM
Heat spurs game 6 was more rigged. This aint nathan

bathroom_man
04-21-2014, 02:13 AM
That series wasn't fixed at all, the kings shot more free throws in that series.

But but shaq shot 20 fts to the queens 0 in the 4th quarter

MTar786
04-21-2014, 02:15 AM
But but shaq shot 20 fts to the queens 0 in the 4th quarter

game 6 was fixed.. thats pretty obvious

ThuglifeJ
04-21-2014, 02:16 AM
Heat spurs game 6 was more rigged. This aint nathan

Ya that was bad too. I hate thinking that the NBA might be like WWE.

bathroom_man
04-21-2014, 02:20 AM

Try telling that to non lakers fan. llooll. But old man allen really save mr Thin Hairline there

goingfor28
04-21-2014, 02:22 AM

Yup. Blatant.

bathroom_man
04-21-2014, 02:24 AM
Rockets fan losing their beauty sleep tonight. Thanks for the torture, OP (lakers fan)

Rhino
04-21-2014, 02:36 AM
It was pretty terrible. The whole last stretch and overtime was in attempt to make rockets win. Definitely admirable of Blazers.
This!! If anyone of you actually watched closely the way this joke of a referee crew called the last stretch of the 4th n most of the OT you would agree aside from the bogus final foul call on Howard it was an embarrassment utterly disgusting. It was very clear who this crew wanted to win this game tonight and still the Blazers lead by Lillard after LA fouled out he was just not gonna be denied.

sep11ie
04-21-2014, 02:51 AM
I thought the blazers were getting babied.

John Walls Era
04-21-2014, 03:33 AM
lakers - kings was the most rigged.

KingPosey
04-21-2014, 03:54 AM
I was being 100% sarcastic lol

thank god haha

I had a feeling so i didnt want to be that turd that jumped down your throat and didnt get the joke.

Saddletramp
04-21-2014, 03:55 AM

Did you even watch the game? The Rockets had 0 free throw attempts in the first half to the Blazers. 17 or so. Beverley fouled out by not touching Lilliard. Howard fouled out by being held by Freeland (and thag happened with 17 seconds left in the game and it put Freeland on the line. It should have out Howard on the line. Do you not understand how crucial that was?). Beverley got a tech called on him because he walked away from the refs after a questionable call while a few plays later Nicholas "Cheapshot To The Dick" Batum slapped his hands and charged the ref menacingly and didn't get one. When Looez got his technical he kept talking and cussing out the refs waaaaay too long. He should have got another one. Aldridge fouled out by setting a stupid hard screen at half court while Lopez fouled out on a questionable call but he was grabbing Howard's jersey and that's what the refs saw.

Seriously? Rigged for the Rockets? The officiating was terrible for and against both teams and hopefully it cleans up going forward. It was a great game besides the lack of competent officiating. I hope we get better officiated games so we can find out who the best team actually is (and it could just be the Trailblazers. Stotts outcoached McHale and Portlands two studs went off where Houston's two studs couldn't put it together).

Goose17
04-21-2014, 06:13 AM
LOL... "rigged"?

Come on people, are you really that naive?

Newsflash, the NBA is not rigged.

People who comment on poor officiating often forget that the angle we see it from isn't the same angle the ref see's things from, it's all about perspective.

Was it poorly officiated? Yes, to an extent, was it poorly officiated for one team but not the other? No. It was just as poorly officiated for Houston as it was Portland, which means it actually balanced out.

Now stop your crying and *****ing and move on, you all sound pathetic.

archdevil84
04-21-2014, 06:38 AM
blazers are beasts

Miltstar
04-21-2014, 06:40 AM
Not nearly as bad as the Raptors game, ESPN even sabotaged our shot clocks to try and rattle our young squad. I guess you can call it giving the edge to the Veterans, but ask Jonas Valencunas what he thought of the officiating, or Kyle Lowry on that ghost elbow on Williams. I have no respect for the Nets. Anyways this thread is about the Rockets game, I didn't watch that one, but it was obvious to me the NBA is trying to push an agenda in the first round.

Goose17
04-21-2014, 06:44 AM
Not nearly as bad as the Raptors game, ESPN even sabotaged our shot clocks to try and rattle our young squad. I guess you can call it giving the edge to the Veterans, but ask Jonas Valencunas what he thought of the officiating, or Kyle Lowry on that ghost elbow on Williams. I have no respect for the Nets. Anyways this thread is about the Rockets game, I didn't watch that one, but it was obvious to me the NBA is trying to push an agenda in the first round.

:facepalm:

Heediot
04-21-2014, 06:59 AM
Clippers-Warriors bad calls.

1. Blake Griffin first "foul"- O'Neal's follow through hand went down and touched Blake's hand, should have been a no call
2. 8:35 left in the second quarter, Darren Collison draws Klay Thompson off the ground, gets bumped on his shot, no call, results in Clipper turnover
3. 7:05 left in the second quarter, Matt Barnes and Curry goes for the rebound, Curry falls down, foul called on Barnes, Thomson hits a 3 later in the possession
4. 3:32 left in the second quarter, Redick hits a 3, gets hit in the arm by Curry, no call
5. 1:38 left in the second quarter, DJ gets shoved in the back going for the offensive rebound as Redick misses a 3, no call
6. on that same play, the ball never hits the baseline, yet the ref calls it out, otherwise Chris Paul had successfully gotten the ball and threw it off of a Warrior
7. 2 seconds left in the half, Green climbs Big Baby's back, no call, and Davis ends up up a phantom foul 2 seconds after
8. 10:54 left in the third, Blake Griffin spins for the left hand dunk, gets hit by O'Neal, no call
9. 10:21 left in the third, Blake Griffin draws the foul, then O'Neal reaches out on the right arm to hit him AFTER the whistle, no tech called
10. 9:30 left in the third, Igoudala gets an offensive charge drawn by Redick, though it probably should have been a no-call
11. 8:55 left in the third, David Lee shoves with both hands at Blake's side as he is making his move, no call
12. 57 seconds left in the third, Blake Griffin gets called for his 5th foul on David Lee despite simply standing there, with Lee initiating the contact
13. Warriors scores with 0.3 seconds left in the 3rd quarter on a layup by a guy (O'Neal) who's been in the lane for 4 seconds
14. 5:34 left in the 4th, Chris Paul layup, gets hit in the head as well by O'Neal, no call
15. (KEY PLAY) 1:47 left in the 4th, Chris Paul gets shoved by Harrison Barnes on the body en route for the layup, no call, Warriors run the other way, Barnes then hits a 3
16. 48 seconds left, Blake Griffin gets called for his 6th "foul", reply does not show the foul
17. Chris Paul loses the ball with 19 seconds left due to foul by Green, no call, ball out to Warriors after review

Warrior fans feel free to add some calls to the list. IMHO, it was bad for both teams but atrocious for the Clippers.

Goose17
04-21-2014, 07:09 AM
LOL, it was poor for BOTH teams in the LAC-GSW game. No team had it worse. I'm not going to sit here and list them, seems pointless, anyone who watched the game saw the B.S calls on BOTH sides.

The only people who believe the NBA is rigged are; losers.

Either your team lost a game and you're looking for someone to blame or your team has a history of losing and you're looking for someone to blame.

End of discussion.

Heediot
04-21-2014, 07:14 AM
LOL, it was poor for BOTH teams in the LAC-GSW game. No team had it worse. I'm not going to sit here and list them, seems pointless, anyone who watched the game saw the B.S calls on BOTH sides.

Either your team lost a game and you're looking for someone to blame or your team has a history of losing and you're looking for someone to blame.

End of discussion.

These are the obvious fouls, I did not list the vague ones where individual refs call it differently.

IT also seems to me you nut hug the league when there is any criticism towards it.

Teeboy1487
04-21-2014, 07:19 AM
Houston had some bad calls against them as well. The game was very poorly officiated imo.

kingkenny01
04-21-2014, 07:22 AM
Bucks sixers game 7 2001 now that was rigged

Goose17
04-21-2014, 07:37 AM
These are the obvious fouls, I did not list the vague ones where individual refs call it differently.

IT also seems to me you nut hug the league when there is any criticism towards it.

LOL..

Okay David, first of all, a list of calls missed or poor one's made against the Warriors could be just as easy to write up if anyone cared enough to write one up. But the fact of the matter is ANYONE who actually watched that game will have seen that the calls were just as bad for us as they were for the Clippers.

Secondly I'm all for critique, but calling the NBA rigged because your team lost is pathetic, saying all the bad calls were against one team when they were clearly against both is pathetic and neither of these things are critique, to "critique" means to give a detailed analysis and assessment of something, making a list of the bad calls on one side without giving any analysis or assessment and simultaneously ignoring all of the calls made on the other side is not "critique" it's a biased statement made in an attempt to lure people into siding with your side of the argument.

Big Zo
04-21-2014, 07:47 AM
Turds get flushed because toilets are rigged.

MonroeFAN
04-21-2014, 07:59 AM
I think that if this Rocket team weren't being shoved down our throats by their fans then most of you wouldn't think this way.

The NBA is not rigged. Good game by the Blazers.

JordansBulls
04-21-2014, 08:20 AM
Yes it was rigged for Portland. They did everything possible for them to win and that call on Dwight for his 6th showed this.

Heediot
04-21-2014, 08:35 AM
LOL..

Okay David, first of all, a list of calls missed or poor one's made against the Warriors could be just as easy to write up if anyone cared enough to write one up. But the fact of the matter is ANYONE who actually watched that game will have seen that the calls were just as bad for us as they were for the Clippers.

Secondly I'm all for critique, but calling the NBA rigged because your team lost is pathetic, saying all the bad calls were against one team when they were clearly against both is pathetic and neither of these things are critique, to "critique" means to give a detailed analysis and assessment of something, making a list of the bad calls on one side without giving any analysis or assessment and simultaneously ignoring all of the calls made on the other side is not "critique" it's a biased statement made in an attempt to lure people into siding with your side of the argument.

Why not list the calls in your favor, the guy that made this list did his job. Let's see what you can muster up instead of making vague counter arguments. I want legit fouls not one's where it can go either way. Yes I even said there were bad calls both ways, but if you cannot see that the Clippers got the bigger brunt of the calls, I got coupons for laser eye surgery. Make the list and we'll go on to see if the Clippers got the wrong end of the stick or not.

I did not say anything about the game being rigged in this thread, just putting out evidence that makes you question things. Keep dick riding the league.

archdevil84
04-21-2014, 08:49 AM
Bucks sixers game 7 2001 now that was rigged

can you imagine? the bucks AND the sixers?? in the playoffs???

hornetsfansydne
04-21-2014, 09:12 AM
Clippers-Warriors bad calls.

1. Blake Griffin first "foul"- O'Neal's follow through hand went down and touched Blake's hand, should have been a no call
2. 8:35 left in the second quarter, Darren Collison draws Klay Thompson off the ground, gets bumped on his shot, no call, results in Clipper turnover
3. 7:05 left in the second quarter, Matt Barnes and Curry goes for the rebound, Curry falls down, foul called on Barnes, Thomson hits a 3 later in the possession
4. 3:32 left in the second quarter, Redick hits a 3, gets hit in the arm by Curry, no call
5. 1:38 left in the second quarter, DJ gets shoved in the back going for the offensive rebound as Redick misses a 3, no call
6. on that same play, the ball never hits the baseline, yet the ref calls it out, otherwise Chris Paul had successfully gotten the ball and threw it off of a Warrior
7. 2 seconds left in the half, Green climbs Big Baby's back, no call, and Davis ends up up a phantom foul 2 seconds after
8. 10:54 left in the third, Blake Griffin spins for the left hand dunk, gets hit by O'Neal, no call
9. 10:21 left in the third, Blake Griffin draws the foul, then O'Neal reaches out on the right arm to hit him AFTER the whistle, no tech called
10. 9:30 left in the third, Igoudala gets an offensive charge drawn by Redick, though it probably should have been a no-call
11. 8:55 left in the third, David Lee shoves with both hands at Blake's side as he is making his move, no call
12. 57 seconds left in the third, Blake Griffin gets called for his 5th foul on David Lee despite simply standing there, with Lee initiating the contact
13. Warriors scores with 0.3 seconds left in the 3rd quarter on a layup by a guy (O'Neal) who's been in the lane for 4 seconds
14. 5:34 left in the 4th, Chris Paul layup, gets hit in the head as well by O'Neal, no call
15. (KEY PLAY) 1:47 left in the 4th, Chris Paul gets shoved by Harrison Barnes on the body en route for the layup, no call, Warriors run the other way, Barnes then hits a 3
16. 48 seconds left, Blake Griffin gets called for his 6th "foul", reply does not show the foul
17. Chris Paul loses the ball with 19 seconds left due to foul by Green, no call, ball out to Warriors after review

Warrior fans feel free to add some calls to the list. IMHO, it was bad for both teams but atrocious for the Clippers.

So you expect the officials to get every call correct? How many of these did you need to watch the replay for to find? I'm going to say 99% of them! Remember the official has less than a second to judge what he/she saw and make a decision on that. If you think 17 calls out of an entire game were wrong I am going to say that was a very well officiated game. No one will ever get a 100% game

Goose17
04-21-2014, 09:15 AM
Why not list the calls in your favor, the guy that made this list did his job. Let's see what you can muster up instead of making vague counter arguments. I want legit fouls not one's where it can go either way. Yes I even said there were bad calls both ways, but if you cannot see that the Clippers got the bigger brunt of the calls, I got coupons for laser eye surgery. Make the list and we'll go on to see if the Clippers got the wrong end of the stick or not.

I did not say anything about the game being rigged in this thread, just putting out evidence that makes you question things. Keep dick riding the league.

LOL I don't need to make a list, I watched the game. And if you didn't, that's on you.

Everyone who isn't a conspiracy theorist or Clippers fan agrees that the officiating was terrible, but equally terrible for BOTH sides.

Again, you have yet to critique this game, I thought that's what you were going to do? Fire away...

goingfor28
04-21-2014, 09:15 AM
can you imagine? the bucks AND the sixers?? in the playoffs???

Lol

Crackadalic
04-21-2014, 09:17 AM
I don't think you realize how fast pace the game is and how hard it is to officiate

Granted it was poorly officiating but to say it was rig is silly. If anything the rockets are the favorites in the series so idk how it's rigged

Goose17
04-21-2014, 09:20 AM
And you say don't mention calls that could have gone either way, but in your list there is several calls that could have gone either way AND a call that was most definitely a foul, and not questionable in any way at all.

Get out of here with your biased nonsense.

sunsfan88
04-21-2014, 09:29 AM
I watched the entire game and it wasn't rigged at all. Just terribly officiated for both teams.

sunsfan88
04-21-2014, 09:34 AM
Btw FYI guys, just cause a foul isn't replayed on your TV doesn't mean it's rigged.

Refs don't control what the TV network decides to replay or not.

likemystylez
04-21-2014, 09:37 AM
Yes it was rigged for Portland. They did everything possible for them to win and that call on Dwight for his 6th showed this.

Yeah- ejecting lamarcus aldridge (by far the best player on the floor) in the middle of crunch time was clearly the refs doing everything possible for the blazers to win.

goku
04-21-2014, 09:47 AM
Yeah- ejecting lamarcus aldridge (by far the best player on the floor) in the middle of crunch time was clearly the refs doing everything possible for the blazers to win.

he set a moving screen something Asik was supposedly being called for all game .................

AddiX
04-21-2014, 10:05 AM
Refs were helping hou and they still couldn't cash in.

I don't what the nbas love with hou is all about, but the calls they have got all season are just insane.

likemystylez
04-21-2014, 10:07 AM
he set a moving screen something Asik was supposedly being called for all game .................

Oh Im not saying it was a bad call that got aldridge ejected- but if they were doing everything possible to help the blazers win- you dont think they could have ignored a moving screen away from the ball?

ThuglifeJ
04-21-2014, 10:24 AM

End of discussion.

That game has no reason to be rigged man.. league will take warriors or clippers advancing don't be silly. Rockets they definitely want over blazers and nets raptors I have no idea.

I thought the clipper game was reffed fine. Rockets game however was atrocious and highly in favor if rockets in last minutes. Refs do have different angles from us that is true

D-Leethal
04-21-2014, 10:41 AM
I enjoyed one of the best basketball games I've seen in recent memory. Shame you guys skip the basketball and focus solely on nonsensical theatrics.

True Sports Fan
04-21-2014, 10:56 AM

Try telling that to non lakers fan. llooll. But old man allen really save mr Thin Hairline there I think you mean trying telling that to Laker fans... cause non LA fans believe 2002 WCF was rigged lol. Even some LA fans admit it was rigged

rockets-fan
04-21-2014, 11:03 AM
Op are you serious? The first half the refs were picking at the rockets, did you by see the game? The one memorable call the refs made I didn't agree with was the Howard travel called foul. That's it.

Near the last play where Howard fouled out, HE was fouled but was called for a foul. How do you not bring that up?!?

This game was not rigged on either side it was just badly officiated, on BOTH sides. Stop just stop

0nekhmer
04-21-2014, 11:20 AM
It was a terribly officiated game, seemed to be favorable calls, then blatant "apologizing" calls back and forth.

rockets-fan
04-21-2014, 11:26 AM
It was a terribly officiated game, seemed to be favorable calls, then blatant "apologizing" calls back and forth.

That's exactly what it was, and the blazers took it last night because LMA and Lillard hit HUGE shots, they came through for them and it won them the game

valade16
04-21-2014, 11:37 AM
As a Blazer fan I cannot believe we were watching the same game. The Blazers got virtually every call in the 1st half. The Rockets did start getting some calls late in the game but by overtime the calls were back to being in favor of the Blazers.

I honestly expected this thread to be a Rockets fan claiming it was rigged. No way was that game rigged for the Rockets.

bathroom_man
04-21-2014, 11:41 AM
I think you mean trying telling that to Laker fans... cause non LA fans believe 2002 WCF was rigged lol. Even some LA fans admit it was rigged

nah u misunderstand me. miami heat fans and the rest of the world except for lakers fan thinks it was fair and square but believe 2002 WCF was rigged. double standard, no?

Chronz
04-21-2014, 11:44 AM
LOL..

Both sides got bad calls. Clips got the worst calls. Not why we lost but lets not act like that was a 50/50 proposition, let me know when the league admits a key foul should have been called in your favor the way they did for the Clips.

Deception
04-21-2014, 11:46 AM
Oh Im not saying it was a bad call that got aldridge ejected- but if they were doing everything possible to help the blazers win- you dont think they could have ignored a moving screen away from the ball?

Getting ejected and fouling out are two different things, something every fan should know.

Chronz
04-21-2014, 11:47 AM
That game has no reason to be rigged man.. league will take warriors or clippers advancing don't be silly. Rockets they definitely want over blazers and nets raptors I have no idea.

I thought the clipper game was reffed fine. Rockets game however was atrocious and highly in favor if rockets in last minutes. Refs do have different angles from us that is true

Where did he say it was rigged? Hes talking about bad calls, of which the league has already admitted to (in favor of GS).

There is no rigging, just babies looking for justification for blown calls. Howard should have never fouled out and neither should have Lopez.

ManRam
04-21-2014, 11:53 AM
"bad calls" =/= "rigged"

If we think the league is "rigging" games, explain to me why having Portland win instead of Houston is soooooo important to the NBA? Like, important enough to risk getting caught and causing a catastrophe? Hint: it's not worth it. Another hint: it's not happening. Refs are just human and on occasion they have terrible nights. There was a ton of contact last night, and they blew a lot of calls. That fact doesn't mean it was "rigged".

rockets-fan
04-21-2014, 12:19 PM
As a Blazer fan I cannot believe we were watching the same game. The Blazers got virtually every call in the 1st half. The Rockets did start getting some calls late in the game but by overtime the calls were back to being in favor of the Blazers.

I honestly expected this thread to be a Rockets fan claiming it was rigged. No way was that game rigged for the Rockets.

Thank you!

The first half was all blazers calls, then the second the refs tried to make up for it with the calls late in the game against Aldridge

In OT both teams had favored calls

PurpleLynch
04-21-2014, 01:27 PM
Rigged? Are you kiddin' me? It was one of the best game of the entire playoffs right now. Sure,poor officiating in some phases of the game,but not rigged.

flea
04-21-2014, 01:40 PM
It was a very poorly officiated game. Still, the Bobcats/Heat game was even worse. The game should have been much more close at the end, and in my mind the Bobcats outplayed them. The reason they lost? Lebron lived at the free throw line in the 4th because the refs were calling MKG for a foul when Lebron would push off early in the game.

The free throw disparity is also noticeable. The ready-made excuse for apologists is that the Heat just attack more. Not true, the Bobcats' entire game is built on dribble penetration and low-post game. I don't buy the Heat doing much this year unless the refs continue their complicity in this Lebron in the double bonus free throw scheme.

valade16
04-21-2014, 01:41 PM
Thank you!

The first half was all blazers calls, then the second the refs tried to make up for it with the calls late in the game against Aldridge

In OT both teams had favored calls

The favorable calls in the first half pretty much prevented the Rockets from running us out of the gym (and we were in danger at least twice).

If I had to put a number on it I'd say overall the calls were 60/65 - 35/40 in favor of Portland in the game. Anyone who thinks the game was rigged FOR the Rockets did not watch the game.

ThuglifeJ
04-21-2014, 01:54 PM
It was a very poorly officiated game. Still, the Bobcats/Heat game was even worse. The game should have been much more close at the end, and in my mind the Bobcats outplayed them. The reason they lost? Lebron lived at the free throw line in the 4th because the refs were calling MKG for a foul when Lebron would push off early in the game.

The free throw disparity is also noticeable. The ready-made excuse for apologists is that the Heat just attack more. Not true, the Bobcats' entire game is built on dribble penetration and low-post game. I don't buy the Heat doing much this year unless the refs continue their complicity in this Lebron in the double bonus free throw scheme.

Really? That is exactly why I didnt watch that game. Having to watch lebron lower his shoulder and push off then them call a defensive foul gets infuriating.

I wonder if MJ does/says anything

I don't think he really likes lebron to begin with

ztilzer31
04-21-2014, 01:59 PM
So far someone has said "UH OH THIS GAME WAS BY FAR THE WORSE OFFICIATED".

The worst part about the Kings/Lakers game 6 was it gave every fan an excuse when their team loses.

The NBA WILL GAIN NOTHING FROM MAKING A LOW SEED BEAT A HIGH SEED. OR IF LAC BEATS GSW. SORRY YOU ARE NOT THE LAKERS. PEOPLE DON'T CARE ABOUT YOU, AND YOU WINNING WILL NOT CHANGE ANYTHING.

Honestly the amount of stupidity on this thread is ridiculous.

PurpleLynch
04-21-2014, 02:19 PM
so far someone has said "uh oh this game was by far the worse officiated".

The worst part about the kings/lakers game 6 was it gave every fan an excuse when their team loses.

The nba will gain nothing from making a low seed beat a high seed. Or if lac beats gsw. Sorry you are not the lakers. People don't care about you, and you winning will not change anything.

Honestly the amount of stupidity on this thread is ridiculous.

don't feed the hand that bites you.

Riodagoat
04-21-2014, 02:20 PM
In 2 to 3 years, Lillard will be the player that everybody thought Rose was going to be.
You heard it here first. Dude is just cold-blooded.

Goose17
04-21-2014, 02:23 PM
let me know when the league admits a key foul should have been called in your favor the way they did for the Clips.

LOL... a "key foul". First of all, CP3 was choking anyway, he was already missing free throws. Secondly why was THAT a key foul and none of the others were? Any of the bad calls could have changed the entire outcome of the game if they had been called the other way.

What were the odds on Crawford hitting that half court shot? If he had missed you would have been down by 7 and that foul wouldn't have made a difference.

This is the problem, you're focusing on that one foul like it's the only one that mattered. The charge calls that weren't charges resulted in turnovers that wouldn't have happened if they weren't called and could have resulted in another bucket. The blocking calls that were actually charges shouldn't have been called and if they had been called properly would have resulted in a turnover and an extra possession which may have resulted in an extra bucket. The fouls that weren't fouls allowed easy points from the line that wouldn't have manifested if the foul hadn't been called in the first place and they were left to play on.

You can't just pick out that one missed call and say it would have changed the game when you were losing by two possessions and CP3 was choking. You can't dismiss every other foul as irrelevant because of which minute in which quarter it occurred. Two points more is two points more and two points less is two points less, doesn't matter when it happens.

NJrockPD
04-21-2014, 02:38 PM
rigged? no. just terribly officiated.

Agreed. They were terrible and I felt they were pulling for the Rockets a bit, but there were bad calls on both sides. If it was rigged for the Rockets then Howard wouldn't have fouled out and the Blazers wouldn't have won.

torocan
04-21-2014, 05:14 PM
Adrian Wojnarowski @WojYahooNBA
Dwight Howard should've been awarded two free throws, NBA says. As it turned out, Howard fouled out and Blazers secured Game 1, 122-120.
4:22 PM - 21 Apr 2014

Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA 51m
NBA issues statement on Houston-Portland Game 1: Foul on Dwight Howard w/ 10.8 seconds left in OT should've been called on Joel Freeland.

Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA 48m
Rockets were trailing by point, and Howard would've been shooting two free throws. Freeland made one of two FT's. Harden missed J at buzzer.

https://twitter.com/WojYahooNBA

Rigged? Not sure about that.

Bad officiating that also happened to blow the biggest call of the game and potentially cost the Rockets HCA? Most definitely.

Heediot
04-21-2014, 05:26 PM
LOL I don't need to make a list, I watched the game. And if you didn't, that's on you.

Everyone who isn't a conspiracy theorist or Clippers fan agrees that the officiating was terrible, but equally terrible for BOTH sides.

Again, you have yet to critique this game, I thought that's what you were going to do? Fire away...

Forget about that criticism comment I made earlier. It's not just about this thread but it was also from that other thread a while back when you opposed people criticizing today's generation of players.

When the Clippers get the favorable calls, I call it like I see it and said the refs helped us. My criticism is about the officiating not about who it helped.

Everyone has cognitive dissonance and confirmation bias flaws, but in my opinion the refs especially the black guy was off. How do you catch an out of bounds play 3/4 down the court on Collison and miss the Green foul on Paul when the replayed showed the guy looking right at the play? The refs in the NBA and NFL have raised my suspicion a lot.

Tim Donaghy , stated how refs can rig the game. Not my opinion his statement.

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/ex-nba-ref-tim-donaghys-personal-foul/

1. Send superstar player of opposing team to the bench by
getting him in foul trouble

2. When the opposing team has momentum call consecutive
fouls to get them out of their rhythm.

3. Not calling blatant fouls for opponent in CRITICAL times of the
game.

4. Foul out star player late in 4th or OT

Saddletramp
04-21-2014, 05:31 PM
Howard fouled out by being held by Freeland (and that happened with 17 seconds left in the game and it put Freeland on the line. It should have put Howard on the line. Do you not understand how crucial that was?).

The NBA understands how crucial that was.

Iron24th
04-21-2014, 05:34 PM
dwight would have missed both his FT, so who cares?

torocan
04-21-2014, 05:42 PM

Even if Dwight misses both FT's, he's still on the floor for defense, and available on the boards on offense.

You can't change team possession on FT's and take a primary component off the floor and pretend that it has NO effect. We have no idea if the Rockets would have ended up winning, however now we'll never know for sure.

ThuglifeJ
04-21-2014, 05:47 PM
There's absolutely no reason the league would rig a game AGAINST the clippers. Are you insane. The commissioner and officials would have a giant circle jerk if they got Blake and the LA Clippers in the finals

ThuglifeJ
04-21-2014, 05:50 PM

Even if Dwight misses both FT's, he's still on the floor for defense, and available on the boards on offense.

You can't change team possession on FT's and take a primary component off the floor and pretend that it has NO effect. We have no idea if the Rockets would have ended up winning, however now we'll never know for sure.

Rox still lose..they would still have to foul a blazer ..chances are he hits one like Freeland .. Rockets had their chance but Harden bricked it

Saddletramp
04-21-2014, 05:51 PM
He missed a handful in a row so McHale benched him for a bit in the fourth. Then he started making them again. I'm tired of people not watching the game but commenting anyway. Although I will say that:

I thought the clipper game was reffed fine. Rockets game however was atrocious and highly in favor if rockets in last minutes.

was one of the funniest posts in this thread and proves that that guy didn't watch either game.

NoahH
04-21-2014, 05:57 PM
They did tho. Deron had a charge called on him. Before TOR started fouling intentionally, it was 3 fouls called to 1 in the 4th. Big whoop.

The other awful game was LAC/GS, where two of the most impacting players never had a shot because the refs felt like taking them out of the game with awful foul calls.

Yup. I was at the game. Phantom call after phantom call. Everytime Igoudala or Blake stepped on the court it was a foul

Heediot
04-21-2014, 06:13 PM
There's absolutely no reason the league would rig a game AGAINST the clippers. Are you insane. The commissioner and officials would have a giant circle jerk if they got Blake and the LA Clippers in the finals

If you wanna go all conspiracy theory, you have to factor in the the mob and the gambling lines. If they are in it with the league, there has to be a balance between what the league wants and what the betting lines want. This just opens up too many scenarios for me to even consider.

ThuglifeJ
04-21-2014, 06:27 PM

If you wanna go all conspiracy theory, you have to factor in the the mob and the gambling lines. If they are in it with the league, there has to be a balance between what the league wants and what the betting lines want. This just opens up too many scenarios for me to even consider.

LOL yeah the mobs in with Golden State. Have you ever even been to San Francisco?
Pretty sure ppl get suspicious of rigging because of Commish greed for money. At least that's what I assumed.

Heediot
04-21-2014, 06:44 PM
LOL yeah the mobs in with Golden State. Have you ever even been to San Francisco?
Pretty sure ppl get suspicious of rigging because of Commish greed for money. At least that's what I assumed.

It's probably more complicated then that if Donaghy is telling the truth. He had to follow league instructions and Mob instructions. Every team gets burnt. Even if they wanted Miami to win it all, they'd get burnt in a few games. If the Mob favors cities then why have the Knicks been sucking the majority of the last decade and a half? Forget about all that.

IndyRealist
04-21-2014, 08:35 PM
I read this title the next day and assumed the OP meant "rigged in favor of the Blazers". That horrible call on Dwight in OT decided the game.