PDA

View Full Version : Should Phoenix have given up a high draft pick for Pau Gasol?

McAllen Tx
04-20-2014, 08:30 PM
Should they have, yes or no?

We all know how close they got to making the play-offs. We all that they were considered a sure fire lottery team. So do you think they were really as good as they played last year? Or do you think they really over-achieved?

I personally think they over-achieved and they wont be a play-off team next year. As strong as the West is it isnt haterism to say they probably wont see the play-offs the following year either.

IMHO they shouldve payed up for the draft pick for Pau and make a run this year.

I know Pau was supposingly hurt at the end of the season but I think that had alot to do w/ Antonis offense. I think that Phoenix would have made the play-offs with Pau.

What do you guys think?

kobe4thewinbang
04-20-2014, 08:37 PM
Word was that Gasol didn't want to resign with the Suns, so sure they might've made the playoffs. But that would've been it. Majority of PHX fans are glad the Suns didn't accept any deal from LA. It also looks like Gasol is leaving LA.

Raps18-19 Champ
04-20-2014, 08:39 PM
What high draft pick would they have given?

Kyben36
04-20-2014, 08:47 PM
absolutely not, a loterly pick in this draft is worth soooo much more than a 33 year old soft PF making 20 mil a year. is this even a real question, lakers were not getting any pick for Gasol. not at this point.

beasted86
04-20-2014, 08:53 PM
If Phoenix really wants Gasol that bad (which I don't think they do) they can sign him as a free agent this summer with their cap space without giving up any draft picks.

xxcubs22xx
04-20-2014, 08:58 PM
Nuff said above!

MrfadeawayJB
04-20-2014, 09:04 PM
No. Even with pau, phx wouldn't make it out the first rd. just keep it in a deep draft and build for future

NBA_Starter
04-20-2014, 09:13 PM
What high draft pick would they have given?

This and no I don't think they should have given up a first at all and jeopardize their rebuild.

Cal827
04-20-2014, 09:46 PM
I think the OP is referring to the unprotected 1st that LA already owed them from the Nash deal. There is a decent chance that LA is giving away a top 10 pick this upcoming year, assuming they don't pull off something beyond legendary.

And they did the right thing by not sending it back. They are rebuilding. Don't want to risk a potential decade long player, for a guy who probably has another 3 years at most at where he is.

sunsfan88
04-20-2014, 10:32 PM
Didn't Pau miss the rest of the season with injury after the trade deadline?

Yea it would have been totally worth it to trade a 1st rd pick for him to sit on our bench....

McAllen Tx
04-20-2014, 10:35 PM
Yes it was a real question.
True, Gasol is 33 years old but he is still considered one of the top big men in the NBA by just about every NBA analyst.
Soft? Are you still stuck 6-7 years ago? Its been years since any analyst has referred to Gasol as soft. The last person I remember to call Gasol soft was Perkins after Gasol handled him in the Finals. Besides Duncan, what big man in the NBA today has 2 championship rings as the 2nd best player on their team?
The pick I was talking bout was I think they own the T-Wolves 1st round pick. Which if they dont win in the lottery will be 13th.
This is a deep draft but how deep? Maybe 2-3 players that can be franchise players. Another 3-4 players that can be 1st options on play-off teams. Another 4-5 players that can be 2nd options on play-off teams. After that? Just cause you see the same 8-9 players talked about on SC doesnt mean theres an neverending supply of top players.

pookie XD
04-20-2014, 10:54 PM
Paus not soft!!!!! He's hard as hail!!!!! I got js on my feet niggaaaaa XD