PDA

View Full Version : Will the Pacers survive the first round?

lamzoka
04-20-2014, 01:11 PM
Everyone here thought the Pacers vs Heat in the ECF was unavoidable.

I heard Stephen A Smith yelling on First Take all year "I MEAN CAN WE JUST FAST FOWARD TO THE EASTERN CONFERENCE FINALS"

So a simple question, will the Pacers make it out of the first round?

goingfor28
04-20-2014, 01:12 PM
I say no

lamzoka
04-20-2014, 01:14 PM
I say no

I say no too. I seen enough

btw poll is up

benzni
04-20-2014, 01:16 PM
Yes, but they will lose in the 2nd round to either Bulls or Wizards

goingfor28
04-20-2014, 01:16 PM
I say no too. I seen enough

btw poll is up

I'm on the app. Can't see a poll. But they got demolished by Atlanta a couple weeks ago, and last night was more of a blowout than the final score showed. They're toast

RipCity32
04-20-2014, 01:25 PM
I think they will beat the Hawks in 6 but they might get swept in the second round. I cant believe how this team has fallen apart.

Minimal
04-20-2014, 01:28 PM
No

ILLUSIONIST^248
04-20-2014, 01:30 PM

I heard Stephen A Smith yelling on First Take all year "I MEAN CAN WE JUST FAST FOWARD TO THE EASTERN CONFERENCE FINALS"

Yes, but it doesn't matter. The heat have a cakewalk to the finals for the 4th straight time.

day_gun
04-20-2014, 01:34 PM
I put no in the poll but if they win it'll be in 7 and they'll lose to the bulls or wizards anyway. Really is a shame since I was looking forward to the Pacers Heat matchup

ManRam
04-20-2014, 01:46 PM
Yes. It's becoming harder and harder to believe, but I still think they'll right the ship at least to some extent. I still think they're ECF bound. I'm baffled by whatever's happening, but there's too much talent on that team and they have the experience too. It's a weird circumstance, but I think they'll figure it out.

D-Leethal
04-20-2014, 01:53 PM
I cringe at the thought of watching a second round series that including Atlanta.

JordansBulls
04-20-2014, 01:55 PM
I cringe at the thought of watching a second round series that including Atlanta.

I don't as long as they are playing Chicago. I cringe of a Washington vs Atlanta 2nd round though.

flea
04-20-2014, 01:57 PM
They'll make it but it will be a slog. Atlanta is well-coached and has 4 very good players that can annoy a team. If Horford were healthy I'd say the Hawks could make work of these Pacers in 6. Still, the Pacers are too talented. It won't be long before Atlanta's rebuild is done.

flea
04-20-2014, 01:59 PM
I don't as long as they are playing Chicago. I cringe of a Washington vs Atlanta 2nd round though.

Why? Wiz and Hawks have more interesting players to watch than do the Bobcats or the Bulls.

effen5
04-20-2014, 06:30 PM
Who on the hawks Is more interesting than Jo?

MrfadeawayJB
04-20-2014, 06:30 PM
Yes but they might not make ecf with the way they are playing

jerellh528
04-20-2014, 06:34 PM
I think yes, their talent should prevail and maybe a playoff series win is just what these guys need to get their act together

mngopher35
04-20-2014, 06:42 PM
I think they should, but I never even thought I would question that answer either a few weeks ago. I really hope they can get back on track because the east is weak enough as it is this year. Luckily Brooklyn has looked very good since the new year so maybe a good vet team like that will be able to compete but man have the Pacers been disappointing lately.

TylerSL
04-20-2014, 07:35 PM
It's too early to tell right now, but Indiana has sucked really bad the last 2 months. What is worse is nobody on their team will acknowledge that there is even a problem. Even after they lost Game 1 they were saying "its only 1 game, no big deal." It has really seemed that they care more about shouting that there is no problem than fixing the problem, which is ball movement.

I dont know why but they have just stopped playing together. This team was committed to beating the Heat. After getting knocked out in the postseason the last 2 years and holding a lead in the series both times they felt they had what it takes to beat Miami, they felt all they needed to do was get home court. They were on a mission to do just that and somewhere along the way they have stopped making the same committed effort that has got them to where they are. I'm not sure if this is what Indiana is or if they are just in an unimaginable slump, but we will find out over the next week. Indiana is certainly far more talented than Atlanta, but I'm not sure if they are the better team. If they lose Game 2 it's over for them.

I will say I have always believed Indiana to be overrated as alot of people believed they were better than Miami before they even won anything. In the last 3 years (11-13), Miami (11), Oklahoma City (6) San Antonio (5), and Dallas (4) have all won more playoff series than Indiana (3). Memphis, Chicago, and Boston have all won 3 playoff series as well. Indiana's overall record (regular season and playoffs combined) since 2010-2011 has been 200-145 (.579), 6th best win % in the NBA behind Miami, San Antonio, Oklahoma City, Chicago, and Memphis. So they really haven't won anything and were crowned by many to be the team to dethrone the Heat; which technically is still possible, though not likely.

FlashBolt
04-20-2014, 08:35 PM
No. There is a reason this team is below what? .500 since the all stars? They are going to lose to Atlanta because their offense sucks. They are barely making it work on the defensive end. I've never seen a team go from being arguably the best team to a bottom 10.

Delrayhc
04-20-2014, 09:13 PM
I'm not sure they will or not but if you watched the players being interviewed on the locker room after the game you could tell that there is little moral in them.

Crackadalic
04-20-2014, 09:21 PM
Yes but will lose in round 2. I had them in the ecf but not anymore

NBA_Starter
04-20-2014, 09:24 PM
I think they may escape this round but that is about all they have in the tank if that.

Delrayhc
04-20-2014, 09:25 PM

Yes, but it doesn't matter. The heat have a cakewalk to the finals for the 4th straight time.

This is exactly why your a child. Every time you post you take a shot at the Heat. Your obsessed. Nothings wrong with disliking a team but when you make a negative comment every chance you get means that you have some issues that you may have to deal with. Maybe your not happy in life and that's why you take shots and make comments. You knowing that your negative posts anger others and bring them down to your level makes you happy.

P&GRealist
04-20-2014, 09:27 PM
Would be funny as hell if they lost. That's what you get for sword crossing while being sucked off by one ugly *** *****.

Trwood12
04-20-2014, 10:57 PM
I think they take the hawks and loose to the bulls. It would be rrreeealllyy funny though if the hawks swept them

FOBolous
04-20-2014, 11:00 PM
i voted "no" on accident but i mean to vote "yes." i can't imagine a 1st seed, .700 team losing to an eighth seed with a losing record. but i think the Pacers will lose in the 2nd round.

goingfor28
04-20-2014, 11:03 PM
Would be funny as hell if they lost. That's what you get for sword crossing while being sucked off by one ugly *** *****.

greatest story ever

It's ShoTime
04-21-2014, 12:05 AM
Teams finally figuring out the Pacers. Hard to win in this league if you have no offense.

At this rate they might have to rely on Bynum's 3pt shooting. Too bad he's out.

hoosiercubsfan
04-21-2014, 04:31 PM
Teams finally figuring out the Pacers. Hard to win in this league if you have no offense.

At this rate they might have to rely on Bynum's 3pt shooting. Too bad he's out.

This isn't it at all. They have stopped running the offense that carried them to the number one slot which lets be honest was all but given to them by Miami. The first half of the season they played team basketball and actually played defense. Now they are running 9-11 seconds at least off the clock before even attempting to get into their offense with all 10 guys collapsed within 15 feet of the basket. There is no spacing at all and guys if they do pass the ball are simply settling for jump shots with so little time left on the shot clock. For much of the second half of the season if Paul George brings the ball up the court you can almost count on him simply popping a jump shot without so much as passing the ball at all. It isn't that the league has figured them out it is that they have abandoned what has gotten them there. Everyone wants to dog on Hibbert but what is the point of him getting down there and fighting it out when he simply isn't getting the ball with any chance of doing anything with the paint so clogged due to piss poor spacing by the other 4? Not even mentioning the fact that they are no longer playing any type of defense. Which the team had previously prided itself upon.

NYKnickFanatic
04-21-2014, 04:42 PM
Hawks in 6. Weren't people saying PG is on the same level as LeBron? :laugh:

MonroeFAN
04-21-2014, 04:48 PM
Yes they will, I think they'll win this series in 5.

SPURSFAN1
04-21-2014, 04:51 PM
The hawks have Pop-lite on the bench. Anything is possible. Pacers in 7 even though I root for the hawks.

Riodagoat
04-21-2014, 05:02 PM
As much as the Pacers suck, I still think they win this series just because they have more talent. Can't see them winning vs the Bulls though (if the Bulls make it)

macc
04-21-2014, 05:11 PM
I laugh at all the knee jerk reactions this forum gets. The Pacers go from being the best team in the NBA. Will beat the Heat, win the title...ect. Then they lose the first game in the playoffs and people are questioning if they will make it to the 2nd round. To those people saying Indy is going to lose in the first round to the F'n ATLANTA HAWKS, just excuse yourself from educated NBA talk. Your two cents need not apply here. There is no way Atlanta is in the 2nd round. It's not happening. If they win another game that will be their successful season.

Rockice_8
04-21-2014, 05:14 PM
Yes. It's becoming harder and harder to believe, but I still think they'll right the ship at least to some extent. I still think they're ECF bound. I'm baffled by whatever's happening, but there's too much talent on that team and they have the experience too. It's a weird circumstance, but I think they'll figure it out.

It was supposed to happen eventually but it just doesn't seem to be happening. They'll be long gone before they figure it out at this rate. I think they'll find a way to sneak by ATL in 7 but there is no way they beat CHI or WAS playing like this. This is not close to an ECF team right now.

Iron24th
04-21-2014, 05:15 PM
Indiana in 6

hoosiercubsfan
04-21-2014, 06:54 PM
I laugh at all the knee jerk reactions this forum gets. The Pacers go from being the best team in the NBA. Will beat the Heat, win the title...ect. Then they lose the first game in the playoffs and people are questioning if they will make it to the 2nd round. To those people saying Indy is going to lose in the first round to the F'n ATLANTA HAWKS, just excuse yourself from educated NBA talk. Your two cents need not apply here. There is no way Atlanta is in the 2nd round. It's not happening. If they win another game that will be their successful season.

Have one simple question for you. Have you watched the Pacers the past two months? They have absolutely stunk and that is coming from a Pacers fan. If they don't get their collective heads out of their ***** they are going to lose this series to the Hawks. As long as Teague is allowed to go to the basket at will they simply will not win. If they actually show up and play a little D and get back into their offense they will blow them out of the building. But that is a huge IF.

therealwd27
04-21-2014, 07:17 PM
Hawks in 6. Weren't people saying PG is on the same level as LeBron? :laugh:

This lol

Sly Guy
04-21-2014, 07:30 PM
I say yea.....probably cuz I haven't seen them play, and I simply cannot believe they are as bad as I keep hearing.

Chrisclover
04-21-2014, 10:43 PM
Their team chemistry is gone, so I really doubt if they can recover it in such a short time. With that being said, they will pass the 1st round IMO

lamzoka
04-24-2014, 08:48 PM
Hawks will beat the Pacers in 6

cmellofan15
04-24-2014, 08:59 PM

Have you even watched the series or are you just saying stuff? I have a feeling you're just saying stuff.

jerellh528
04-24-2014, 09:15 PM
Pacers in 5

lamzoka
04-24-2014, 09:32 PM
Pacers in 5

You sure about that?

cmellofan15
04-24-2014, 09:34 PM
Pacers in 5

Impossible. They're pretty much down 2-1 as we speak :laugh2:

jerellh528
04-24-2014, 09:36 PM
You sure about that?
Oops! Haha

ironkobe
04-24-2014, 09:38 PM
hawks going to the ECF to play the heat

king4day
04-24-2014, 09:43 PM
I would have said yes before tonight. I think his might go 6 now in favor of Atlanta. I really feel for Pacer fans. This was supposed to be their year. I can't comprehend what has happened.
Nevermind firing the coach, I could see a semi overhaul this offseason.

Crackadalic
04-24-2014, 09:46 PM
hawks going to the ECF to play the heat

Nah that's the wizards bro

torocan
04-24-2014, 09:50 PM
Hawks scored a coup grabbing Danny Ferry and Budenholzer.

Ferry was the VP of Basketball Operations for the Spurs, and Budenholzer was a 15 year assistant coach under Pops. Budenholzer walked into the locker room with 4 rings. That buys a LOT of credibility with the players.

We may be looking at the beginning of Spurs East.

Vogel is going to have a really tough time beating the Hawks, especially with the Pacers chemistry issues and the match up problems that the Hawks present. Vogel isn't going to be out-coaching Budenholzer so this is going to be on the players to get their act together.

Looking like the Pacers may be on their way out of the play offs.

lamzoka
04-24-2014, 09:50 PM
I would have said yes before tonight. I think his might go 6 now in favor of Atlanta. I really feel for Pacer fans. This was supposed to be their year. I can't comprehend what has happened.

If they lose to the Hawks, They have to get rid off half of the roster. makes no sense bringing this team back next year. they dont like each other.

And another thing, they probably weren't as good as we thought, its just the east was too sshhitty during the first half of the season. once they picked it up thats when the pacers turned into what they are right now.

king4day
04-24-2014, 09:53 PM
If they lose to the Hawks, They have to get rid off half of the roster. makes no sense bringing this team back next year. they dont like each other.

And another thing, they probably weren't as good as we thought, its just the east was too sshhitty during the first half of the season. once they picked it up thats when the pacers turned into what they are right now.

I never thought of it that way but maybe you're right. Teams start figuring other teams out after a couple months so that might be it.

I could see them letting Turner walk and maybe even Stephenson. I doubt they will make a drastic move like George or Hibbert thought.

Would Knicks fans consider Melo for Paul George? Would Indy fans? That would fix their scoring problems for sure.

lamzoka
04-24-2014, 09:54 PM
Pacers, OKC, Rockets, Spurs might all go home in the first rd

bleedprple&gold
04-24-2014, 09:56 PM

Stephenson and Turner will leave via free agency. Good luck getting anything for overpaid garbage like Hibbert and Hill. West will be hard to get rid of with his contract too. You have to keep PG though to have something to build around. I see this team only being worse next year. They are over the cap even without bringing back Stephenson or Turner. Not many options to improve.

torocan
04-24-2014, 09:56 PM

Pacers, Rockets yes. OKC will have to see how tonight turns out, but even if OKC wins they're going to be really thrashed after a series with the Grizzlies. It's hard to see how they get out of the West if the Memphis series goes 6 or 7 games.

I really don't see Dallas knocking out the Spurs. Spurs put up a ton of TO's and they still almost won. Only way that happens is if Dirk goes HAM.

Stunner
04-24-2014, 10:05 PM
The Year Of The Daniel Bryan's ( Underdogs )

JordansBulls
04-25-2014, 12:28 AM

I think Lance Stevenson is the problem it seems a guy who is playing for a contract who messed up there chemistry. Also trading Danny Granger affected there mojo.

ChI_ShIzzLe
04-25-2014, 01:04 AM
I never thought of it that way but maybe you're right. Teams start figuring other teams out after a couple months so that might be it.

I could see them letting Turner walk and maybe even Stephenson. I doubt they will make a drastic move like George or Hibbert thought.

Would Knicks fans consider Melo for Paul George? Would Indy fans? That would fix their scoring problems for sure.

No way in hell Melo goes to Indiana ESPECIALLY if they trade away PG for him..wth is the point then!

SPURSFAN1
04-25-2014, 01:20 AM
Did someone say spurs lose in the first round? hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Chrisclover
04-25-2014, 01:49 AM
trade Hibbert ?Let Stephenson walk ?fire Vogel ?
Oh, then they probably are degraded to a 5th seed in the east

SPURSFAN1
04-25-2014, 01:52 AM
Teams need to stop cliff jumping. Just get better as a team and go next year. Consistency is better than trading for role players.

TylerSL
04-25-2014, 02:18 AM

This is still far too presumptuous. I agree the Rockets will probably lose, though I believe it will be in 6 games as I bet they take 1 of 2 in Portland and Game 5 back in Houston. The Pacers are certainly down, and they are falling off the cliff, but if there was ever a time to catch fire, Game 4 would be that time. Indiana is clearly not the title team most presumed, Games 4 and 5 are the series for them. If they don't win both games 4 and 5 and take a said 3-2 lead back to Atlanta it is over for them, if they do that they will win in 7. Pacers are winning in 7 or they are not winning this series at all.

The OKC-Memphis, San Antonio-Dallas series' are still wayyyy too early to tell. OKC takes Game 4 everybody will be right back on their bandwagon. San Antonio was the best road team in the NBA by 5 games (30-11) over the next best road team, the Oklahoma City Thunder (25-16). 2 best roads team in basketball need to go get one on the road, I wouldn't count them out just because they lost HCA. I think 100% San Antonio takes at least 1 in Dallas, they may very well take both.

Chrisclover
04-25-2014, 06:57 AM
I think Lance Stevenson is the problem it seems a guy who is playing for a contract who messed up there chemistry. Also trading Danny Granger affected there mojo.

I agree.
Maybe the FO got too hasty and tried too hard. They pulled off some blockbuster moves to rush a championship,which was won by the Heat, whom they lost to in G7 of the ECF in two consecutive years.
If I were a Pacers fan, I would feel so upset and jumpy. By which I mean it was kind of justifiable for the FO to tinker the roster. Now, in retrospect, it seems that it was not a tinkering in the slightest but an undermining move which took the chemistry away. In the beginning, all of a sudden, their previous leader, who was verbally given full support by the FO ,was traded away ,which made everyone lose faith in the so-called loyalty,especially Lance Stephenson, who was in his contract year. He became insecure about his future in Indianapolis and wanted to inflate his stats even more by taking more shots and passing less, and obviously, the latter of which is not for a pure PG who always keep the overall ball movement in his mind. Then Stephenson got criticized and he sort of refrained from those imprudent and egocentric moves. But this didnt stop the chemistry from going worse. On the other hand, George and Hibbert was involved in some ridiculous scandals,which do not need my elaboration--they were simply stupid and immature. And, the FO added Bynum, which was clearly a move for the battle against the Heat, who is devoid of post D.Bynum has not played many games and at this juncture,he certainly wont show up.Do you remember Hibbert threw a couple of 3 pointers in G1?I had a weird feeling that he was tainted by Bynum, who, as was known to any NBA fan that, sporadically threw 3pointers when he was still wearing the purple-and-gold Lakers Jersey.
I dont know if they could get away with all these crappy stuffs.All I want to say is that, God bless Pacers, period.

Yanks All Day
04-25-2014, 08:48 AM
The only reason Indiana turned game 2 into a blowout is because of that third quarter where Atlanta went ice cold from the field. It wasn't anything Indiana did. Atlanta just blew it by missing wide open shots. They've played 3 games now and Indiana looks nothing like a 1 seed, let alone a team that can actually challenge the Heat. I don't think Indy gets out of the first round. If they're lucky, they'll push this to a game 6 with the way they are playing.

IndyRealist
04-25-2014, 09:00 AM
This is what parity means, folks.

Spurs tied with Mavs 1-1.
Thunder down to Memphis 1-2.
Rockets down to Blazers 0-2.
Pacers down to Hawks 1-2.
Raps tied with Nets 1-1.
Bulls down to Wiz 0-2.
Only Miami is winning like they should, and even those games with Charlotte relatively close.

Chrisclover
04-25-2014, 11:11 AM
This is what parity means, folks.

Spurs tied with Mavs 1-1.
Thunder down to Memphis 1-2.
Rockets down to Blazers 0-2.
Pacers down to Hawks 1-2.
Raps tied with Nets 1-1.
Bulls down to Wiz 0-2.
Only Miami is winning like they should, and even those games with Charlotte relatively close.

I dont get it. Why did you mention the word “parity”?
IMO, you came up with it from either of the two perspective: one was being an average spectator,who just enjoys the games themselves rather than the results, while the other involved strong emotions and preferences for some teams.
were you saying that
1)team records in the regular season do not matter much, so in this sense, these teams are equal, because everything now starts anew.
In other words, these teams,in particular the seemingly weaker ones, are competitive enough to prevent the easy prediction, which in turn makes the game funnier to watch.
2)you simply dont like or hate the teams with better records,and at the same time, you root for or feel sympathy for the ones with worse records.

what were you thinking ?

NoahH
04-25-2014, 12:13 PM
Down 2-1... I think the Hawks could take this.

IndyRealist
04-25-2014, 12:39 PM
I dont get it. Why did you mention the word “parity”?
IMO, you came up with it from either of the two perspective: one was being an average spectator,who just enjoys the games themselves rather than the results, while the other involved strong emotions and preferences for some teams.
were you saying that
1)team records in the regular season do not matter much, so in this sense, these teams are equal, because everything now starts anew.
In other words, these teams,in particular the seemingly weaker ones, are competitive enough to prevent the easy prediction, which in turn makes the game funnier to watch.
2)you simply dont like or hate the teams with better records,and at the same time, you root for or feel sympathy for the ones with worse records.

what were you thinking ?

This is, in effect, parity. The lower seeded teams have backed up strong play with momentum going into the playoffs, whereas top seeded teams have faltered or rested players down the stretch. The gap between the top teams and the fringe teams is much, much smaller than it was a couple of years ago, and a lot of that has to do with teams figuring out how to navigate the new CBA. Many of these games are going down to a single basket or OT when in years past they wouldn't have been close. This is the first year I recall this many top seeded teams staring at an upset. I guess I didn't explain that very well in my original post, and didn't realize someone would wonder what I meant.

Stunner
04-25-2014, 12:41 PM
If the Hawks win the next game is pretty much over

Chrisclover
04-25-2014, 01:17 PM
For me, the regular-season-records-wise underdogs,Mavs and Grizzlies in the west do not surprise me as much as the eastern counterpart,Hawks.
Given the fact that the West is so competitive that if Mavs were an Eastern team, they would rank 3th,I certainly dont doubt the prowess and competitiveness of either Mavs or Grizzlies because they have already been preparing get used to the tough games all season long.
Hawks really surprise me.the East is historically weak and they are the 8th seed, who lost their versatile tower, Horford, when the season began.

flea
04-25-2014, 02:18 PM
This is, in effect, parity. The lower seeded teams have backed up strong play with momentum going into the playoffs, whereas top seeded teams have faltered or rested players down the stretch. The gap between the top teams and the fringe teams is much, much smaller than it was a couple of years ago, and a lot of that has to do with teams figuring out how to navigate the new CBA. Many of these games are going down to a single basket or OT when in years past they wouldn't have been close. This is the first year I recall this many top seeded teams staring at an upset. I guess I didn't explain that very well in my original post, and didn't realize someone would wonder what I meant.

Please don't try to kid yourself and others, there is no parity in the NBA. Considering the NBA has been known to extend series for ratings I'm not even sure we can use opening round wins as proof of anything. Parity is MLB and NFL. The NBA is more like the Champions League.

hoosiercubsfan
04-25-2014, 05:00 PM
I agree.
Maybe the FO got too hasty and tried too hard.

OK this is more or less just a big block of text so I am going to try and break it down how I see it as a Pacer fan living in Indianapolis.

They pulled off some blockbuster moves to rush a championship,which was won by the Heat, whom they lost to in G7 of the ECF in two consecutive years.
If I were a Pacers fan, I would feel so upset and jumpy. By which I mean it was kind of justifiable for the FO to tinker the roster. Now, in retrospect, it seems that it was not a tinkering in the slightest but an undermining move which took the chemistry away.

I am not jumpy or upset. I am more confused than anything. I don't fully understand how a team playing so well for half of the season could collapse in the fashion that they have. Though part of me believes that they started reading their own press clippings and got caught up in all of the media attention they started receiving. Up until that point they had always been the underdog and simply have crumbled under the pressure of the spotlight.

In the beginning, all of a sudden, their previous leader, who was verbally given full support by the FO ,was traded away ,which made everyone lose faith in the so-called loyalty,

This is Paul George's team. Granger while being the elder statesman of the team so to speak had long since turned that title over. And their fall started before he was even traded so I don't buy this very much.

especially Lance Stephenson, who was in his contract year. He became insecure about his future in Indianapolis and wanted to inflate his stats even more by taking more shots and passing less, and obviously, the latter of which is not for a pure PG who always keep the overall ball movement in his mind. Then Stephenson got criticized and he sort of refrained from those imprudent and egocentric moves. But this didnt stop the chemistry from going worse.

I don't buy this either. Lance pouted for a really long time after being "dissed" by not being named to the All Star team even though with his first half I believe deserved it. He stopped playing as a team and started trying to get his to prove them wrong.

On the other hand, George and Hibbert was involved in some ridiculous scandals,which do not need my elaboration--they were simply stupid and immature.

I think the person who read his press clippings the most and has suffered the greatest from it. It was almost maddening for the longest time when he got the ball you just knew that he was gonna run it up the court and pull a jump shot without passing the ball. Hibbert on the other hand I have no flipping clue what happened to him. Though there are rumors that he is pretty mentally weak and that all of the fame and success and then the hard times that they have faced in the second half of the season and he has simply checked out unable to deal with it. Not sure if it is true or not but that is one of the rumors.

And, the FO added Bynum, which was clearly a move for the battle against the Heat, who is devoid of post D. Bynum has not played many games and at this juncture,he certainly wont show up. Do you remember Hibbert threw a couple of 3 pointers in G1?I had a weird feeling that he was tainted by Bynum, who, as was known to any NBA fan that, sporadically threw 3pointers when he was still wearing the purple-and-gold Lakers Jersey.
I dont know if they could get away with all these crappy stuffs.All I want to say is that, God bless Pacers, period.

None of what has happened is the result of signing Bynum. He has only played 3-4 games or something and doesn't travel with the team. Even if the signing was part of Hibbert checking out mentally due to being worried about losing playing time. That isn't on Bynum.

The biggest detriment of all is the collapse of Hibbert. He has been an absolute bum for most of the second half of the season. And without him being the premier rim protector they are toast even if they beat the Hawks. Which I think they still will only to be blown out by the Wizards.

lamzoka
04-29-2014, 07:25 AM
Anybody else wanna change their mind?
Pacers will lose. Even if they win game 6 in ATL, they will lose game 7 at home.