PDA

View Full Version : Blake Griffin dumps water on fans head

smith&wesson
04-19-2014, 10:14 PM
I personally like Blake Griffen, but what the hell was he thinking ? If Ron Artest did this, the media, the NBA etc.. would make the biggest deal out of it.

anyways ..How does this make you feel about BG ?

http://www.prosportsdaily.com/Headlines/ExternalArticle?articleId=301265

goingfor28
04-19-2014, 10:17 PM
They were yelling at him. It was funny. If Artest did it it would be funny too.

Duncan = Donkey
04-19-2014, 10:17 PM
lol, thats hilarious

smith&wesson
04-19-2014, 10:19 PM
They were yelling at him. It was funny. If Artest did it it would be funny too.

if artest did it, it would be a **** show lol

smith&wesson
04-19-2014, 10:21 PM
I realize i didnt spell Griffin's last name correctly, if a mod could kindly fix that for me in the title. thanks.

goingfor28
04-19-2014, 10:24 PM
if artest did it, it would be a **** show lol

Absolutely. I'd still laugh though. You can tell Blake definitely did it on purpose but made it look "accidental"

JC_
04-19-2014, 10:28 PM
lol when it happened live I laughed and thought it was an accident but the replay shows that it totally wasn't. Still pretty funny, especially with the guys friend laughing at him.

chipurmunki
04-19-2014, 10:30 PM
haha, stupid golden shower fan got showered on. douche move by a douche player on a douche fan. classic. he fouled out, no less. what a clown.

chipurmunki
04-19-2014, 10:31 PM
Absolutely. I'd still laugh though. You can tell Blake definitely did it on purpose but made it look "accidental"

just like his flopping.

Slug3
04-19-2014, 10:32 PM
It's funny, but that's classless by Blake.

nyyfan4life
04-19-2014, 10:32 PM
It made me lol...

FriedTofuz
04-19-2014, 10:47 PM
he made it seem like it was an accident but it was clearly intentional. Blakes acting skills arent as good as his flopping skills #warriorsIn6

Bostonjorge
04-19-2014, 10:54 PM
Instant classic. This is going to be the best series this round.

P&GRealist
04-20-2014, 12:40 AM
He'll get fined, and he should.

Clippers organization will probably hook the Gsw fan up for 2 free tix for game 2 so he doesn't press charges.

John Walls Era
04-20-2014, 01:09 AM
I think it was intentional. He was frustrated, but thats no excuse to do that to your OWN fans. At least the guy has a cool story to tell his friends.

mngopher35
04-20-2014, 01:34 AM
Watching live I thought it was unintentional but this makes me wonder. Either way it was hilarious.

kylem4711
04-20-2014, 01:40 AM
makes me like him more

lol, please
04-20-2014, 01:40 AM
I personally like Blake Griffen, but what the hell was he thinking ? If Ron Artest did this, the media, the NBA etc.. would make the biggest deal out of it.

Just plain classless.

GiantsSwaGG
04-20-2014, 01:57 AM
Suspend him 1 game, that was uncalled for

mngopher35
04-20-2014, 02:08 AM
I'd much rather see a fine than suspension here

lol, please
04-20-2014, 02:15 AM

Suspend him a game so it evens the tables with us missing Bogut.

Trwood12
04-20-2014, 02:22 AM
It looked light hearted enough. The guy was probably teasing him and he fired back. No big deal

-Kobe24-TJ19-
04-20-2014, 02:23 AM
its funny because he's a flopper

Duncan = Donkey
04-20-2014, 02:26 AM
It looked light hearted enough. The guy was probably teasing him and he fired back. No big deal

Exactly. I dont even like Griffin, but this is not a big deal - it was water FFS.

Duncan = Donkey
04-20-2014, 02:27 AM
its funny because he's a flopper

:confused: thats not what makes it funny.

setman2000
04-20-2014, 02:43 AM
Flopper shows he has no class.

RipCity32
04-20-2014, 02:49 AM
Boo hoo, This is not a big deal at all. The fan should think its pretty cool in my opinion. You got under one of the NBAs starts skin and got to interact with him in a funny harmless way.

Method28
04-20-2014, 02:52 AM

Lol right because that evens things out

Hellcrooner
04-20-2014, 02:55 AM
he should both get fined and suspended for a game.

Like it or not players are seen as role models so they should NEVER behave like that.

-Kobe24-TJ19-
04-20-2014, 02:57 AM
:confused: thats not what makes it funny.

a flopper fouled out...good

Method28
04-20-2014, 02:59 AM
he should both get fined and suspended for a game.

Like it or not players are seen as role models so they should NEVER behave like that.

Curry should get suspended for that sorry excuse of facial hair he's attempting to grow.

NYKNYGNYY
04-20-2014, 03:07 AM
that guy had a awesome night his team won n gets to b on tv...blake smirked it was funny

mngopher35
04-20-2014, 03:09 AM

haha I see what your saying but I still don't think he should be suspended. It sucks about Bogut though, any word on if he will be back anytime for the playoffs?

sunsfan88
04-20-2014, 03:15 AM
I wonder if this will be a suspension.

Shlumpledink
04-20-2014, 03:20 AM
Blake is kind of a douche, but that isn't unknown at this point.

FOBolous
04-20-2014, 03:24 AM

lol Bogut does not = Griffin

TrueFan420
04-20-2014, 03:25 AM
No chance he's suspended. Could see a fine. It was definitely a dick move tho.

mngopher35
04-20-2014, 03:37 AM

well he said suspend him for a game, bogut is likely missing most or all of the series so I don't think he was implying that they were equal players

Guppyfighter
04-20-2014, 03:41 AM
Also, the Clippers are deeper, the Warriors missing a player is a pretty huge thing.

Avenged
04-20-2014, 03:42 AM
That's why he's one of my favorites :laugh2: messed up, but funny

Guppyfighter
04-20-2014, 03:45 AM
Blake Griffin is still pretty much a ****.

More-Than-Most
04-20-2014, 05:16 AM
Hilarious but he should be suspended... Sorry but this type of **** cant happen. I hope they make an example out of him. I am a big blake supporter but this is wrong on so many levels... Funny or not

PhillyFaninLA
04-20-2014, 05:37 AM
The Comish needs to tell him his season is over.

You can't have players thinking its acceptable to do anything like that or worse to a fan. A player being suspended for the bulk of the playoffs would do that.

Hugbees
04-20-2014, 07:00 AM
There is no doubt in my mind that was intentional, should be suspended. What a manchild.

Red_Pill
04-20-2014, 08:16 AM
This is about as obvious as Jason Kidds drink spilling. Clearly intentional.

Suspend him for one game. Let him know this kind of stuff can't be tolerated.

torocan
04-20-2014, 08:31 AM
He should be fined.

I get that it's water so not really a big deal, but I think the NBA should always draw a hard line when it comes to Players potentially getting involved in altercations with fans. What if the fan didn't think it was so funny and took a swing at Griffin? What if the fan threw something back at Griffin or another member of the team?

Players are professionals. They're going to get heckled. Talk smack to the fans if you want, but as soon as you make a move towards a fan, or throw something other than your jersey at a fan, the NBA should come down hard and fast.

I don't think a suspension is in order, but they definitely should send a clear message to the players... you do NOT go after the fans. Ever. If you can't deal with that, then you shouldn't be in the NBA.

likemystylez
04-20-2014, 09:03 AM

Yes but bogut on the floor could help make sure that Griffin ≠ Griffin

likemystylez
04-20-2014, 09:05 AM

LOL- with all his endorsements, he wont even notice a fine. Suspending him a playoff game is something that would make sure he doesnt do it again... but the NBA wants the ratings that he generates so there is no way they suspend him. If I were the warriors fan, id make a big deal about it though.

BayAreaBaller
04-20-2014, 09:09 AM
If Blake is not suspended, then the NBA doesn't care about their players behaviors. Fines mean nothing. Just chump change. He should actually be suspended the whole series, plus a week of next year. I'm not kidding. What Blake did could have turned into a Malice at the Palace. Blake literally should be banned for the rest of the year.

matt800
04-20-2014, 09:18 AM
As much as I would like GS to win the series, and a punishment to Griffin would help that, he should not be punished in any way for such a harmless action. People are getting too sensitive these days. If a problem results from it, sure punish Griffin, but there is no current problem, and people should not be punished on the basis that something might become a problem from it someday... or how it could have been bad under different circumstances. Pretty much anything could be a problem under different circumstances.

likemystylez
04-20-2014, 09:18 AM
If Blake is not suspended, then the NBA doesn't care about their players behaviors. Fines mean nothing. Just chump change. He should actually be suspended the whole series, plus a week of next year. I'm not kidding. What Blake did could have turned into a Malice at the Palace. Blake literally should be banned for the rest of the year.

I seriously think a one game suspension would be in order, but the NBA wants blake griffin on the floor thats why they made such a huge deal the one time he got a bad deal on foul calls in the xmas game with the warriors. Who cares if he gets the bennefit of the doubt on the other 99.8% of foul calls.

Considering this was in LA, I dont think it was likely for this to turn into a malice in the palace. That warrior fan would have to be an idiot to start something when he was outnumbered by like 70 people within striking distance.

I found it more annoying that Griffin didnt seem to care and he just threw the cup at him afterward

YoungOne
04-20-2014, 09:21 AM
He'll get fined, and he should.

Clippers organization will probably hook the Gsw fan up for 2 free tix for game 2 so he doesn't press charges.

for some water spilling lol?

torocan
04-20-2014, 09:26 AM
for some water spilling lol?

Malice in the Palace started with a spilled drink. Look it up.

Players and fans aren't allowed to cross that line, period.

YoungOne
04-20-2014, 09:36 AM
usa has some strange laws

GiantsSwaGG
04-20-2014, 09:41 AM
If he's not suspended the league is condoning his action

GiantsSwaGG
04-20-2014, 10:28 AM
He should be fined.

I get that it's water so not really a big deal, but I think the NBA should always draw a hard line when it comes to Players potentially getting involved in altercations with fans. What if the fan didn't think it was so funny and took a swing at Griffin? What if the fan threw something back at Griffin or another member of the team?

Players are professionals. They're going to get heckled. Talk smack to the fans if you want, but as soon as you make a move towards a fan, or throw something other than your jersey at a fan, the NBA should come down hard and fast.

I don't think a suspension is in order, but they definitely should send a clear message to the players... you do NOT go after the fans. Ever. If you can't deal with that, then you shouldn't be in the NBA.

If a fan did it to a player, they get kicked out Nd probably banned from the arena

likemystylez
04-20-2014, 10:31 AM
If a fan did it to a player, they get kicked out Nd probably banned from the arena

Nobody kicked the fan out that threw an entire cup at ron artest- the security sat there and did nothing. It looked like everyone thought it was a joke

ManRam
04-20-2014, 10:40 AM
He is, quite literally, the worst.

I feel like that right there sums up his personality. An immature and insufferable instigator.

With that said, I think those calling for a suspension or even a playoff-long suspension are crazy. That won't happen. And in the end, yeah it was just water. And there's enough of a chance (like 10%) that it wasn't intentional. If he stared at the dude and doused him in water they could/should do it. But there's a hair of doubt here. And as much as I dislike him, I don't wanna see that series without him. We were already robbed of that in game 1.

AddiX
04-20-2014, 10:48 AM
I don't like Blake, don't like his game, don't like him, don't like his hype.

But you guys are acting like a bunch of *****es over a tiny cup of some damn water. Smh chill out, it's just a little water, it was funny, get over it.

Freaking pokemon generation is soft as wet kittens, y'all make me sick...

tdg823
04-20-2014, 10:52 AM
It's a punk move and it's not really funny at all. If that guy would've retaliated or thrown something back, he'd probably be arrested nowadays. Words are one thing, on the player or the fan's part, physical contact is another. I see a big fat double standard for some reason...

Hawkize31
04-20-2014, 10:55 AM
I don't think Griffin should be suspended, but he should get a hefty fine. In addition, the league should make him write a personal check to the fan for a small amount, like, $5000 or something.

likemystylez
04-20-2014, 11:05 AM
It's a punk move and it's not really funny at all. If that guy would've retaliated or thrown something back, he'd probably be arrested nowadays. Words are one thing, on the player or the fan's part, physical contact is another. I see a big fat double standard for some reason...

That reason is nothing more than $$$$..... blake griffin is making a lot of people a lot of money. More to the point- blake griffin on the floor is helping sell Kias, commercial time, espn highlights, and much more. Its a double standard, and thats why superstars dont usually get ejected- sometimes you will see refs assign a foul to another player close by.

When blake griffin got ejected on xmas because of a few questionable calls where blake appeared to get the short end of the stick- the media made a huge deal about it. If Ryan Hollins or draymond green had some bad luck with a few calls and got ejected- you wouldnt hear a word about it

KobeOwnSU
04-20-2014, 11:14 AM
They should bring the fan back for game 2 and let him dump water on Griffin during a timeout. Make it light hearted. I wouldn't suspend him for this, maybe a fine.

Sadds The Gr8
04-20-2014, 11:16 AM
Lol at ppl calling for suspension. He poored water on him not bleach....

If he blatantly threw the drink at the fan like that guy did to artest, it'd be a different story

GiantsSwaGG
04-20-2014, 11:24 AM
Nobody kicked the fan out that threw an entire cup at ron artest- the security sat there and did nothing. It looked like everyone thought it was a joke

Brah that was like 10 years ago and I'm pretty sure security would of did something if Artest pointed the fan out and told officials what he did instead beating the living **** out of him!

likemystylez
04-20-2014, 11:36 AM
Lol at ppl calling for suspension. He poored water on him not bleach....

If he blatantly threw the drink at the fan like that guy did to artest, it'd be a different story

I dont think griffin did it on purpose- but he didnt seem to be very polite about it after he realized he did it either. Infact- LOL he just threw the cup at him

Enzo
04-20-2014, 11:39 AM
Blake should apologize, hand him the keys to a brand new Kia Optima and call it a day!

Sadds The Gr8
04-20-2014, 11:39 AM
I dont think griffin did it on purpose- but he didnt seem to be very polite about it after he realized he did it either. Infact- LOL he just threw the cup at him

Definitely but he did it in a slick way that makes it look accidental. It wasn't blatant tho so suspension is unrealistic

GiantsSwaGG
04-20-2014, 11:44 AM
Blake should apologize, hand him the keys to a brand new Kia Optima and call it a day!

Floppers don't do that

Auseranami
04-20-2014, 11:44 AM
I don't like Blake, but that was pretty funny. It's just water guys, what's the big deal?

Sly Guy
04-20-2014, 11:46 AM
fined.....Honestly the league has to react to this or it's a complete double standard.....If Artest did it, he'd get another 72 games.

benzni
04-20-2014, 11:49 AM
flops like a fish out of water.

SeoulBeatz
04-20-2014, 11:52 AM
This looked completely unintentional unless he has eyes on the back of his head. In the heat of the moment of fouling out, I highly doubt he was thinking about how much water was in his cup/where the exact location of that warriors fan was.

People are overreacting about nothing. There are plenty of reasons to dislike blake; this ain't one of them.

D-Leethal
04-20-2014, 01:45 PM
This looked completely unintentional unless he has eyes on the back of his head. In the heat of the moment of fouling out, I highly doubt he was thinking about how much water was in his cup/where the exact location of that warriors fan was.

People are overreacting about nothing. There are plenty of reasons to dislike blake; this ain't one of them.

Bingo. I enjoy taking shots at Blake but this isn't the right time for it. Clearly unintentional and he DID apologize after the game. Followed up the apology with "come on, it was water" which was awesome too.

D-Leethal
04-20-2014, 01:46 PM
It was half of an 8 ounce cup of water - the source of ****ing life. The **** we bathe it, the fluid that keeps our bodies running. It doesn't stain, doesn't burn, doesn't do a goddamn thing but dry in 3 minutes. You guys are clowns.

Guppyfighter
04-20-2014, 01:47 PM
I can understand thinking it's not a huge deal, but are you guys high enough to think it is unintentional?

blahblahyoutoo
04-20-2014, 01:51 PM
Don't like Blake but this is a funny non story.

kylem4711
04-20-2014, 01:53 PM
the same people overreacting are the same people that probably look to ways to sue everyone.

it was water people. as a heckler, wouldn't their greatest moment be when the person that they were heckling reacted to them? you know that guy loved being the center of attention.

kylem4711
04-20-2014, 01:53 PM
I can understand thinking it's not a huge deal, but are you guys high enough to think it is unintentional?

i think that it was 100% intentional. no way to prove that though.

Guppyfighter
04-20-2014, 01:54 PM
the same people overreacting are the same people that probably look to ways to sue everyone.

it was water people. as a heckler, wouldn't their greatest moment be when the person that they were heckling reacted to them? you know that guy loved being the center of attention.

That's a pretty big leap in logic.

kylem4711
04-20-2014, 02:01 PM
That's a pretty big leap in logic.

sometimes you gotta leap

Bostonjorge
04-20-2014, 02:03 PM
Next game I can see one of GS bigs getting revenge on Blake and getting ejected for it.

t327
04-20-2014, 02:04 PM
I don't think Griffin should be suspended, but he should get a hefty fine. In addition, the league should make him write a personal check to the fan for a small amount, like, $5000 or something.

Car accident victims may get this amount in injury settlements. No way does this guy deserve this amount of money for getting a cup of water spilled on him...intentional or not.

lol, please
04-20-2014, 02:04 PM
Some people here are trying to appear sound and logical but come off as foolish and unrealistic.

"it was just water"... since when does that make a difference? Unless you know the person very well, you don't get away with pouring water on a stranger very often, regardless of the setting.

Just because water is harmless doesn't make it not disrespectful and if I am not mistaken, a mild form of assault as defined by law. And please don't try and support the straw man argument that he didn't mean to do it, we aren't talking about a 2 year old here, he knew exactly what he was trying to get away with in a childish manner, any semi intelligent person would.

Im not saying he should be slammed or am I trying to take shots at Blake, but please, let's be serious and objective here, if only for a moment.

ManRam
04-20-2014, 02:09 PM
Some people here are trying to appear sound and logical but come off as foolish and unrealistic.

"it was just water"... since when does that make a difference? Unless you know the person very well, you don't get away with pouring water on a stranger very often, regardless of the setting.

Just because water is harmless doesn't make it not disrespectful and if I am not mistaken, a mild form of assault as defined by law. And please don't try and support the straw man argument that he didn't mean to do it, we aren't talking about a 2 year old here, he knew exactly what he was trying to get away with in a childish manner, any semi intelligent person would.

Im not saying he should be slammed or am I trying to take shots at Blake, but please, let's be serious and objective here, if only for a moment.

the irony....

kylem4711
04-20-2014, 02:10 PM

you can't prove that he meant to do that. say whatever you want, but it doesn't change that fact.

Guppyfighter
04-20-2014, 02:14 PM
the irony....

ManRam, I need you to listen carefully to this.

Lol Phillies knows what is he talking about, but on the NBA form he is purposefully being completely a homer in game threads.

ManRam
04-20-2014, 02:27 PM
you can't prove that he meant to do that. say whatever you want, but it doesn't change that fact.

This is the important part, and is why he shouldn't be suspended. If he was staring and barking at the fan then threw it in his face? Then yeah, sit him down for a game or two. But he did it with enough slickness where there's certainly some level of doubt there. He wasn't looking at the guy. He did it when reacting to something else. I give him no benefit of the doubt because of the douche that he is, but it could have genuinely been an accident.

It would feel really uncomfortable if they suspended him and forced him to miss a playoff game. Especially after the refs basically suspended him for half a game last night. Not that the last part actually should matter.

Fine him. That's fine. A suspension would be a huge reach, especially in the playoffs. Almost as much of a reach is tying the word "assault" into this :laugh2:

I hate defending the league's foremost clown, but whatever. People are overreacting.

ManRam
04-20-2014, 02:29 PM
ManRam, I need you to listen carefully to this.

Lol Phillies knows what is he talking about, but on the NBA form he is purposefully being completely a homer in game threads.

I don't disagree that he knows what he's talking about. He's not an idiot, at all! He's also just a mega homer and the irony is indeed ripe. I mean, he's trying to liken this to assault!!! :laugh2:

Chronz
04-20-2014, 02:29 PM
cant say **** about this

tredigs
04-20-2014, 02:30 PM
I'm already laughing at the upcoming video of a full beer accidentally being poured on his face in Oracle.

t327
04-20-2014, 02:36 PM
Good LA vs. Bay area rivalries going on.

Kings vs. Sharks
Clippers vs. GS
Dodgers and Giants just starting.

Always gets a bit chippy.

PhillyFaninLA
04-20-2014, 02:43 PM
They should bring the fan back for game 2 and let him dump water on Griffin during a timeout. Make it light hearted. I wouldn't suspend him for this, maybe a fine.

The problem is if you don't do some big to Griffin you set yourself up for something worse. While this is minor anything less than a suspension (I said on a previous page he's done for the playoffs) is you open the door for players to be stupid and a fan to respond and something really big to happen.

Don't let open the door to people's stupidity.

lol, please
04-20-2014, 03:04 PM
Good LA vs. Bay area rivalries going on.

Kings vs. Sharks
Clippers vs. GS
Dodgers and Giants just starting.

Always gets a bit chippy.
As a bay area native I get tired of it, I am always looking to speak well of LA and all of california and the stupid rivalry to me is baseless and pointless, outside of the dodger/giant rivalry, but that was inherited as a team rivalry from NY so that's a different story.

HoodedSB
04-20-2014, 03:30 PM
Are you hella tired of it though?

lol, please
04-20-2014, 05:04 PM
I'm hella hella tired of it.

king4day
04-20-2014, 05:33 PM
I don't think he'll get suspended but he should. A player taking an action on a fan like that can't be let go.

king4day
04-20-2014, 05:36 PM
The problem is if you don't do some big to Griffin you set yourself up for something worse. While this is minor anything less than a suspension (I said on a previous page he's done for the playoffs) is you open the door for players to be stupid and a fan to respond and something really big to happen.

Don't let open the door to people's stupidity.

Agreed (not for the playoffs though).

This day and age, a fan like that could say the water hit him in the eye and forced his contact to scratch his eye.
Whatever happened for Kidd spilling water on the court, this will probably be worse.

Slug3
04-20-2014, 06:27 PM
Funny how Klay Thompson called Blake out for acting like this and he goes and proves him right by dumping water on a fan. He did it on purpose, he even throws the cup towards him when he's done.

moshy2
04-20-2014, 07:36 PM
Let's address a couple things. The fact that it's "just water" really means nothing. It's more about Blake negatively interacting with a fan. That looks bad on the NBA and shouldn't be tolerated. Some people don't take that as being just all in fun.

That being said, suspend him for multiple games? The rest of the playoffs? Part of next year too? Some people are getting way too carried away. If they suspend him for 1 game to set an example, eh I can see why.

Really they should give him a decent fine and make it clear you don't do that.

Chronz
04-20-2014, 07:40 PM
When you start talking about what kind of punishment you're going to dish out, you're going down a slippery slope.

This better not cost us, dude needs to get his head in the game.

Slug3
04-20-2014, 07:46 PM
When you start talking about what kind of punishment you're going to dish out, you're going down a slippery slope.

This better not cost us, dude needs to get his head in the game.

A fine should be just fine in this instance.

ManRam
04-20-2014, 07:48 PM
You can set a perfectly strong precedence with a fine. No reason to go overkill. And like Chronz said, I'd be more worried about the ensuing slippery slope than not setting a strong enough precedence for over-the-shoulder-water-spilling-onto-fans.

Has there been even a murmur about the NBA having a huge enough issue with this to be considering a suspension? Seems like the internet is devoid of any of that right now. Has me thinking this isn't gonna be an issue.

Fine him for the unprofessional act and move along. Hell, I'd be much more surprised if he got suspended than if he didn't even get fined.

smith&wesson
04-20-2014, 08:02 PM
If the fan makes a stink about it, he could come away with season tickets.

for BG though, I dont think a suspension is warranted. a fine to send a message is enough.

Chronz
04-20-2014, 08:04 PM
I keep waiting for Funny or Die to come out and say they staged all of this

mngopher35
04-20-2014, 08:12 PM
You can set a perfectly strong precedence with a fine. No reason to go overkill. And like Chronz said, I'd be more worried about the ensuing slippery slope than not setting a strong enough precedence for over-the-shoulder-water-spilling-onto-fans.

Has there been even a murmur about the NBA having a huge enough issue with this to be considering a suspension? Seems like the internet is devoid of any of that right now. Has me thinking this isn't gonna be an issue.

Fine him for the unprofessional act and move along. Hell, I'd be much more surprised if he got suspended than if he didn't even get fined.

Agreed.

NBA_Starter
04-20-2014, 08:18 PM
Props to him, I love it!

SeoulBeatz
04-20-2014, 08:34 PM
Maybe im watching the wrong replay but i honestly think it was an accident. In the clip, he's looking up at the jumbotron, never once looking back to see the exact location of that warrior fan. He then raises both hands once he sees the replay and the water hits the guy (once again, he still hasnt seen the warrior fan up until this point). Then the fan yaps at him and he tosses the cup and it hits the scorers table near the fan.

It was clearly an accident imo. This isnt even worthy of a fine, let alone a suspension.

Raps18-19 Champ
04-20-2014, 08:44 PM

Wasn't it one of the cover of ESPN NBA page?

likemystylez
04-20-2014, 08:49 PM
Maybe im watching the wrong replay but i honestly think it was an accident. In the clip, he's looking up at the jumbotron, never once looking back to see the exact location of that warrior fan. He then raises both hands once he sees the replay and the water hits the guy (once again, he still hasnt seen the warrior fan up until this point). Then the fan yaps at him and he tosses the cup and it hits the scorers table near the fan.

It was clearly an accident imo. This isnt even worthy of a fine, let alone a suspension.

Yeah- but he wasnt exactly concerned when he realized he got water on the fan. A lot of classy players might fall in a fans lap during the game while going for a loose ball- and they make sure that everyone is ok when they get up. Once again- they dont run into the fan on purpose .... but when blake realizes he gets the fan wet- he just throws the cup at him.

Kyben36
04-20-2014, 08:54 PM
Loved his response to the situation, he clearly knew he did it when questioned, lied out of his ***, and the kinda shrugs it off like, if i did i apologize but its water LOL.

Cracka2HI!
04-21-2014, 02:33 AM
Blake is my favorite and I see a lot of humor in this but Blake should be suspended. I wouldn't do it during the playoffs but suspend him for the 1st game next season. Only reason I wouldn't suspend him for a playoff game is you can't prove intent(but it looks pretty obvious) and I wouldn't want to draw attention to this if I were the league. Do an "investigation" in the Off-season and suspend him for the 1st game. I do think it was funny and harmless but you can't have players interacting with fans in that manner.

tdg823
04-21-2014, 04:02 AM
One game suspension, precedent here is important though, can't site anything relevant off the top of my head

tredigs
04-21-2014, 05:25 AM
I will be pissed if Blake gets a game suspension, but he is an absolute ****ing idiot for even making this semi relevant.

Lakers Ghost
04-21-2014, 01:26 PM

I was watching the game and can tell you this wasn't an accident. Blake got the cup from in front of were that person located and can tell you he did saw that fan and just acted dumb acted like he didn't know. Even after the game he was asked about that and he didn't deny it. I get that he was upset but what he did was wrong and deserves to get fine and pay for that fan tickets.:cool:

D-Leethal
04-21-2014, 01:56 PM

I see exactly what you see dude.

NYKnickFanatic
04-21-2014, 02:01 PM

Lol what? The guy has been sitting there the whole game, most likely barking at Griffin the whole time. You're going to tell me that Griffin didn't know he was there? Lol Come on dude...

It wasn't an accident, but it doesn't deserve a fine or suspension. Guy was probably in BG's ear all night, so he poured some water on him. No big deal, it's all banter.

NYKnickFanatic
04-21-2014, 02:04 PM
One game suspension, precedent here is important though, can't site anything relevant off the top of my head

No suspension needed. It's not like he took the cup of water and threw it directly in the guys face. He was just goofing around. His buddy, the guy who got wet, thought it was hilarious, as he was laughing so hard.

It's all in good fun.

colinskik
04-21-2014, 02:31 PM

This is the truth.

The policy is very clear that players are NOT supposed to interact with fans in an aggressive way or in a taunting nature.

BG clearly knew what he was doing. When was the last time you accidentally made a gesture with your hands and forgot you were holding a cup of liquid.

I'm not saying you hang the guy, but it should be acknowledged that he can't commit these types of childish acts -- not a professional move at all.

colinskik
04-21-2014, 02:34 PM
No suspension needed. It's not like he took the cup of water and threw it directly in the guys face. He was just goofing around. His buddy, the guy who got wet, thought it was hilarious, as he was laughing so hard.

It's all in good fun.

Would it be "all in good fun" if that fan threw water at Blake? Probably not...

Goose17
04-21-2014, 02:35 PM
Unprofessional and technically against league rules, a small fine maybe, no need to suspend him, Clippers fans already have enough excuses for game 1, don't want them having another for game 2 or 3.

SeoulBeatz
04-21-2014, 03:13 PM
Lol what? The guy has been sitting there the whole game, most likely barking at Griffin the whole time. You're going to tell me that Griffin didn't know he was there? Lol Come on dude...

It wasn't an accident, but it doesn't deserve a fine or suspension. Guy was probably in BG's ear all night, so he poured some water on him. No big deal, it's all banter.

Yeah, that's exactly what I'm saying. I don't think Blake thought in his head "Alright, I'm gonna wait for the perfect time to react to this replay and (no-look) toss a cup of water on the guy behind me." That seems ridiculous to me, especially considering he had just fouled out of a playoff game unjustly.

edit:

In the heat of the moment, with all the adrenaline rushing, players do stupid things and are sometimes unaware of their surroundings...

exhibit A: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AhpwOgiRuCk

Should we all label this as "assault" on Carlos Boozer. Should he be banned for life???

But hey, I'm just calling it how I see it, and this is coming from a guy who rips on Blake for being a flopper.

SeoulBeatz
04-21-2014, 03:18 PM
Would it be "all in good fun" if that fan threw water at Blake? Probably not...

Maybe not, but the fan who got wet didn't seem genuinely pissed. After he got wet he looked like he said something along the lines of "C'mon dude, wtf?" But he was smiling and his friend was laughing his *** off.

He's got a cool story to tell his buddies for the rest of his life.

Chromehounds
04-21-2014, 03:21 PM
Some Clippers are funny, just a hint of contact their facial expression will transformed into an excruciating pain look....then promptly follow it up with throwing their elbow at the defender. lol

Blake won't get suspended, only because the NBA can't prove intent. But he should be nominated for a classless player award.

Jarvo
04-21-2014, 03:25 PM
Go Warriors :dance:

RaiderLakersA's
04-21-2014, 03:40 PM
You can't have your players going after fans under any circumstances.

If it was just verbal, I would have fined him and moved on.

But Blake deliberately poured water on the guy. He knew every single camera in the building was on him, yet he did it anyway and tried to act like it was an accident. For that alone I suspend him for one game.

And if I'm the GM of the team or the Commish, I have a sitdown/telepresence meeting with him first thing the following morning. If anything less than "I was completely in the wrong. I'm sorry to the NBA, to the Clippers and Warriors organizations, and I'd like to reach out to the fan and makes amends," comes out of his mouth, I suspend him for a second game without pay. I don't care if it's the playoffs.

ghettosean
04-21-2014, 04:22 PM
I know everyone is talking about Blake but did anyone consider the fan could have said or did something that the cameras didn't catch to provoke his actions... there's no doubt he did it on purpose and is playing coy but it seems like people are just reacting and not thinking. He shouldn't be suspended that's for sure but just saying that everyone is very one dimensional on this subject.

Guppyfighter
04-21-2014, 06:22 PM
I know everyone is talking about Blake but did anyone consider the fan could have said or did something that the cameras didn't catch to provoke his actions... there's no doubt he did it on purpose and is playing coy but it seems like people are just reacting and not thinking. He shouldn't be suspended that's for sure but just saying that everyone is very one dimensional on this subject.

It doesn't matter what the fan says and that's not how you are supposed to use the phrase one dimensional.

Clippersfan86
04-21-2014, 06:30 PM
I laughed my *** off, and I'm glad Blake showed some emotion (although he crossed a line). I think a hefty fine of say 50k would be fair, but suspension? Hell no. The fan after the game publicly said he didn't feel it was malicious and had no issue with it, so why would the NBA even pursue it?

I miss when players would get into it with fans verbally at games, especially on the road. Like Lebron did with Bosh's cousin/wife... or like Jordan/Kobe have done.

Guppyfighter
04-21-2014, 08:38 PM
I am surprised the NBA didn't fine Masai for his comments.

I am impressed.

ghettosean
04-21-2014, 09:22 PM

It doesn't matter what the fan says and that's not how you are supposed to use the phrase one dimensional.

Sure it doesn't people should be able to be as verbally abusive as they want with no consequences. :facepalm: cause it doesn't matter since you say so. Some people are so close minded and only have a narrow/single minded view on certain subjects.

Also please provide an example how my sentence was out of context professor know it all... what a turd!

ghettosean
04-21-2014, 09:23 PM
I am surprised the NBA didn't fine Masai for his comments.

I am impressed.

Wrong thread professor!