PDA

View Full Version : Who chokes the biggest this post-season?

Riodagoat
04-18-2014, 10:04 PM
Simple question. Pick one specific player AND one specific team who you think will choke big time this upcoming playoffs.

For me, it has to be the Pacers and James Harden.

I think the Pacers put a huge target on their backs during the reg season and couple that with a lot of off-the-court problems, I think they are in trouble.

As for James Harden, I don't think his flopping, overacting playstyle wouldn't work in the playoffs. We all know how this guy loves to flail around his arms and drop to the ground if you breath on his neck. Don't think the refs would favor this kind of play too much in the playoffs considering they swallow their whistles a bit more during this time of the year.

sep11ie
04-18-2014, 10:29 PM
Terrible insight.

NBA_Starter
04-18-2014, 10:34 PM
Pacers and Paul George

KnicksorBust
04-18-2014, 10:38 PM
Westbrook.

CousinsEvansDUO
04-18-2014, 10:57 PM
If the knicks were in the playoffs they would of gotten swept. They are not a team but a bunch of chuckers who don't know a thing about being a team.

james harden, steph curry, kyrie irving if he was in the playoffs, and last but not least the clips will all choke. (they all dont play defense and shoot too many long range shots(because they have low bball IQ) and because they don't have the killer instinct like kobe, lebron, jordan.)

Blitzbolt
04-18-2014, 11:00 PM
Clippers and CP3 maybe not in the first round but in the second.

WHY??Don't really know maybe I just the Clipps.

CousinsEvansDUO
04-18-2014, 11:03 PM

i agree its just the clippers organization, that name screams lottery team to me. I will never respect the clippers. i wish the lakers made the playoffs instead of the clippers, because a great organization with a goat canidate like kobe won't let down the fans, but a team consisted of griffin paul deandre will let you down mark my words.

bucketss
04-18-2014, 11:06 PM
joe johnson

JC_
04-18-2014, 11:23 PM
joe johnson

and the nets.

KnicksorBust
04-18-2014, 11:26 PM
If the knicks were in the playoffs they would of gotten swept. They are not a team but a bunch of chuckers who don't know a thing about being a team.

james harden, steph curry, kyrie irving if he was in the playoffs, and last but not least the clips will all choke. (they all dont play defense and shoot too many long range shots(because they have low bball IQ) and because they don't have the killer instinct like kobe, lebron, jordan.)

Lol. Reeks so hard of baiting. I cant even take this post seriously. Please sig bet me about the clippers.

east fb knicks
04-18-2014, 11:27 PM
griffin and the clips

FriedTofuz
04-18-2014, 11:30 PM
I think it's the clippers.

Bausman
04-18-2014, 11:54 PM

LeBron doesnt have that killer instinct like them, he has DWade.

John Walls Era
04-18-2014, 11:57 PM
Are you braindead?

If you can't see Harden's offensive skillset, then you should stop watching.

mightybosstone
04-19-2014, 12:06 AM
:facepalm: I am getting so sick and tired of the Harden hatred on PSD. It's become almost as blatant as the Lebron hatred from Kobephiles. Here's a fun fact. Harden averaged 30/7/5 against the Blazers this season on fewer FTA than his season average. Not only should the guy not choke, he should have a pretty damn great series against the Blazers, who are not a good defensive basketball team whatsoever.

Pablonovi
04-19-2014, 12:17 AM
Almost 60 year Lakers fan here.

I think the Clips are highly unlikely to choke this year. (Doc is solid, playoff-wise, CP3 is a classy vet. teammate; Griffin got valuable leadership training in CP3's absence; their balanced and deep.)

Don't think they can get past OKC and/or the Spurs; but it won't be due to choking; but instead, due to losing to a better team.

In the West, the only possible choke, imo, = the Rockets. I think Harden and Howard will alternate with performances that aren't quite good enough to get them to 4 wins. Harden won't have 4 great offensive games; and will have 4 weak defensive ones. Howard, will solid on D; won't be good enough on offense, and will cost them at least one game at the FT line. McHale will contribute with a bad decision to one of the losses.

In the East, the Heat make the Finals (won't choke 4 games to anybody there). Most of the other teams are lucky / happy to be in the Playoffs; and some of them have to advance past the 1st round.
This leaves only Indy to choke. I see it just like the Rockets: George alternating with Hibbert with weak games.

Heat VS Spurs or OKC in the Finals. minimum 6 games = no choke team or players.

Minimal
04-19-2014, 12:21 AM
Ill strike it like a thunder. Durant against Memphis.

DaBear
04-19-2014, 12:24 AM
Pacers

sens#11fan
04-19-2014, 12:36 AM
Call me crazy, but i think the spurs are gonna choke.

jerellh528
04-19-2014, 12:47 AM
Rockets and Lebron

mightybosstone
04-19-2014, 12:48 AM
Rockets and Lebron

Could you be any more transparent?

mightybosstone
04-19-2014, 12:50 AM
For the people suggesting Harden and the Rockets would choke, what do you justify as choking? To me, choking would have to be a first round exit. If they beat Portland, they will have achieved exactly what they were expected to. No one expects them to beat the Spurs, so by suggesting they're going to choke, you must be saying that you think they'll lose to Portland.

jerellh528
04-19-2014, 12:50 AM
Could you be any more transparent?

?

Lakers + Giants
04-19-2014, 12:51 AM
Paul George and Indiana pretty easily.

mightybosstone
04-19-2014, 12:56 AM
?

That's the most stereotypical Laker homer answer you could have possibly said, unless you had ended it with a #Kobe4Life at the end.

Avenged
04-19-2014, 12:57 AM
Jason Collins and the Nets.

Mell413
04-19-2014, 12:58 AM
I'm going spurs.

jerellh528
04-19-2014, 01:02 AM
That's the most stereotypical Laker homer answer you could have possibly said, unless you had ended it with a #Kobe4Life at the end.

Well that's just like, your opinion, man. Sorry I choose what just so happens to be your favorite team. #kobe4lyfe

FriedTofuz
04-19-2014, 01:31 AM
Lebrick.

FlashBolt
04-19-2014, 01:39 AM
All these people are saying LeBron but hasn't realized he's putting up huge numbers the past two seasons. Where was Kobe? Oh, haha.

jerellh528
04-19-2014, 01:49 AM
All these people are saying LeBron but hasn't realized he's putting up huge numbers the past two seasons. Where was Kobe? Oh, haha.

Did you forget about Kobe's five rings? I'm sure Lebron would gladly trade his couple extra rbs, and fg% for 3 more rings. Haha

mightybosstone
04-19-2014, 01:50 AM
Well that's just like, your opinion, man. Sorry I choose what just so happens to be your favorite team. #kobe4lyfe

Do you have a reason why you think the Rockets will choke aside from just being bitter? I'd love to hear some actual justification. Also, if you're so confident in the Rockets choking and losing in the first round, how about a sig bet?

mightybosstone
04-19-2014, 01:51 AM
Did you forget about Kobe's five rings? I'm sure Lebron would gladly trade his couple extra rbs, and fg% for 3 more rings. Haha

Last time I checked, Kobe also had a six-year head start. Lebron's got a lot of time to catch up with Kobe and a pretty sweet franchise to try and accomplish it with.

sens#11fan
04-19-2014, 01:54 AM
Don't sleep on the mavericks....

jerellh528
04-19-2014, 01:55 AM
Do you have a reason why you think the Rockets will choke aside from just being bitter? I'd love to hear some actual justification. Also, if you're so confident in the Rockets choking and losing in the first round, how about a sig bet?

Bitter about what? Because I had to choose a top team to choke since nobody expects lower seeded teams to do much anyways. And out of spurs, Okc, clips heat, pacers. Rockets were the ones who I could see losing their Matchup first

jerellh528
04-19-2014, 01:55 AM
Last time I checked, Kobe also had a six-year head start. Lebron's got a lot of time to catch up with Kobe and a pretty sweet franchise to try and accomplish it with.

Cool story. 3 rings in 6 yrs would be amazing.

FriedTofuz
04-19-2014, 01:57 AM
The nets, DoMeFavors

hotdalton18
04-19-2014, 01:59 AM

LeBron doesnt have that killer instinct like them, he has DWade.

Lol shut up x)

mightybosstone
04-19-2014, 01:59 AM
Bitter about what? Because I had to choose a top team to choke since nobody expects lower seeded teams to do much anyways. And out of spurs, Okc, clips heat, pacers. Rockets were the ones who I could see losing their Matchup first

But all Houston has to do to not choke is beat the Blazers in a 7-game series. Teams like Indiana and San Antonio are far more likely picks, because its the Finals or bust for both of them. And if you were going to pick a first round upset, Washington over Chicago or Brooklyn over Toronto seem far more likely than Portland over Houston.

mightybosstone
04-19-2014, 02:01 AM
Cool story. 3 rings in 6 yrs would be amazing.

All he has to do is ride the coattails of one of the greatest NBA centers at the peak of his career. It's been done before. ;)

jerellh528
04-19-2014, 02:04 AM
But all Houston has to do to not choke is beat the Blazers in a 7-game series. Teams like Indiana and San Antonio are far more likely picks, because its the Finals or bust for both of them. And if you were going to pick a first round upset, Washington over Chicago or Brooklyn over Toronto seem far more likely than Portland over Houston.

I mean I guess. I didn't expect to get so much crap for my choice tho. Okay in that case, I choose San Antonio.

jerellh528
04-19-2014, 02:06 AM
All he has to do is ride the coattails of one of the greatest NBA centers at the peak of his career. It's been done before. ;)

Ride coattails? Nah, yeah shaq was a major force responsible for those rings but if you watched every series, Kobe was there too 40-50% just as responsible as shaq. 1a, 1b. Shaq and Kobe. It wasn't like how mj carries pippen or anything like that.

OlivaThor
04-19-2014, 04:57 AM

:clap: White Russian :cheers:

Personally I think that Harden and George will struggle and Rockets will be out in 1st round

Method28
04-19-2014, 05:09 AM

i agree its just the clippers organization, that name screams lottery team to me. I will never respect the clippers. i wish the lakers made the playoffs instead of the clippers, because a great organization with a goat canidate like kobe won't let down the fans, but a team consisted of griffin paul deandre will let you down mark my words.

LOL yeah like anytime Kobe has had to carry his team with a bad roster? Pre Gasol and Post peak Gasol....Kobe shrunk.

Any way, I'm going to go with the Thunder choking just because I feel they're pretty much the only team that I feel could possibly lose their first round match up that would constitute as a choke job.

As far as a player goes, I'll go with Noah. I believe teams will be able to REALLY focus on him and give him that playoff roughness he hasn't experienced as "the man" yet.

FraziersKnicks
04-19-2014, 05:16 AM
Where's clippersfan86?

sammyvine
04-19-2014, 06:44 AM

No disrespect but whats kobe bryant got to do with it?
Hes not even playing lol

torocan
04-19-2014, 08:14 AM
Does it count if you don't have high expectations of a team to start?

Pacers or Clippers.

If the Pacers are having trouble handling the regular season pressure, I can easily see potential issues in the post season.

The Clippers have a very tough coach. I just wonder about the toughness of the roster. Yes, they had a great regular seaso and Griffin is straight out balling but until I see them back it up in the post-season there's going to be a question in my mind of how they do when the series is on the line or they find themselves behind in the series.

As for individual player choking...

Lillard is a concern. He's made some big shots in the regular season, but against strong defensive pressure he's put up some rather dodgy performances. And given officiating in the post-season he's going to be taking a LOT more contact and shoving than he's dealt with in the regular season. Who knows, he might rise to the occasion. However, the first time in the play offs is more often less than stellar for most players, especially in crunch time.

I can also see John Wall running into similar issues. Chicago's physical style of defense for 48 minutes with post-season whistles? We'll see if Wall is ready for the shock.

MrfadeawayJB
04-19-2014, 09:08 AM
Clippers team and players if say Paul George and Hibbert

mightybosstone
04-19-2014, 10:05 AM
Ride coattails? Nah, yeah shaq was a major force responsible for those rings but if you watched every series, Kobe was there too 40-50% just as responsible as shaq. 1a, 1b. Shaq and Kobe. It wasn't like how mj carries pippen or anything like that.
I'd but that argument for the second title, but not the first or the third in which Shaq was clearly the superior player by a wide margin. But let's not turn this into a Kobe vs. Lebron thread. That was my fault for bringing it up in the first place.

:clap: White Russian :cheers:

Personally I think that Harden and George will struggle and Rockets will be out in 1st round
Willing to make a sig bet over the Rockets getting eliminated in the first round?

archdevil84
04-19-2014, 10:23 AM
westbrook and the raptors, westbrook just because he's westbrook and the raptors because they have no experience at all and they are going up against the nets who are one of the most experienced playoffs teams...

ManRam
04-19-2014, 10:31 AM
lebron doesn't have the #clutchjeans he'll choke 4 sure liek he always does

Lakeshow24KB
04-19-2014, 10:45 AM

Houston will get by Portland with ease, but I do believe that they will just play up to their expectations as you said, since it'll be tough winning in the second round, even though they killed the Spurs in the regular season.

mightybosstone
04-19-2014, 10:47 AM
Houston will get by Portland with ease, but I do believe that they will just play up to their expectations as you said, since it'll be tough winning in the second round, even though they killed the Spurs in the regular season.

Since when does beating a team in the regular season mean that team should have the same expectations to beat them in the playoffs? I do think a lower seeded team is far more likely to upset a higher seeded team in which they performed well against in the regular season. But I don't think they should be favored, especially since the higher seeded team has home court advantage.

ManRam
04-19-2014, 10:55 AM
I don't care for threads like this before the fact of the matter (or even most of the "choke" rhetoric after the fact). Who cares? Let it play out. But, re: Harden's "ratedness". He has been on a weird roller coaster throughout his career zooming up and down the ratedness ladder. It's like he's either being heavily hyped or completely overlooked. I think this year, potentially because of the awareness of his poor defense, he's dipped back down to underrated territory. His offensive game is absurdly good. Sure, he's a minus defender, but any team can cover up a poor perimeter defender. He's one of the 4 best offensive players in the league, and he's miraculously fallen back down to underappreciated status. Bizarre.

3RDASYSTEM
04-19-2014, 01:20 PM
its going to be either be CP3/GRIFFIN/DOC or KD/RUSS

HARDEN/HOWARD have nobody talking about them so they cant really choke playing with media house money but the mvp always has to reach the finals or is a serious choke job(see NASH/ROSE for latest proof)

CP3 is in like season 8-10 without a finals or conference finals under his belt and they are throwing this all time top this and that so he needs to step it up big time and knock off the possible nba mvp if they meet up in 2nd rd, if both fail CP3 still gets the nod for not winning nba mvp or making a finals trip and KD has in less time, doing both

JeremiahWing
04-19-2014, 01:42 PM
Rockets.

JeremiahWing
04-19-2014, 01:48 PM
lebron doesn't have the #clutchjeans he'll choke 4 sure liek he always does

Besides the fact this is reverse baiting (in other words, asking for it), what are clutch jeans? Are they made of denim?

RLundi
04-19-2014, 01:51 PM
I feel bad because I always count out the Spurs to choke and they ALWAYS come back to prove me wrong.

With that in mind, I'm picking the Spurs to choke.

Verbal Christ
04-19-2014, 01:58 PM
Another "James Harden Sucks" thread. Original.

Cue the "Dwight Howard Sucks" thread in 3...2..1.

Clippersfan86
04-19-2014, 02:26 PM
Clippers haven't choked in the playoffs, so that narrative cracks me up. Last year, shorthanded.. We lost to an equal team that also won 56 games. Disappointment yes, choke, no. We had Vinny Del Negro coaching and Blake was injured.

The year before... BOTH Blake and CP3 were injured in their first year as a duo and beat a tough Grizzlies team. Without HCA! They got swept by the far superior, far more rested, far healthier Spurs team with HCA. How is that a choke lol?

bucketss
04-19-2014, 03:00 PM

hes still mad about dwight lmao i swear his choices are the typical kobe/laker butt hurt fan pick.

cmellofan15
04-19-2014, 03:07 PM
Kevin Durant

jerellh528
04-19-2014, 05:06 PM
hes still mad about dwight lmao i swear his choices are the typical kobe/laker butt hurt fan pick.

lol you're so cool. No, Dwight wasn't even on my mind when I answered, and like most people I almost forgot Dwight was still in the league. I was just thinking about their style and major pieces. Too much shooting, not enough defense for the long haul of the playoffs, especially in the west. Parsons, harden, are great individual pieces, but I don't like them along with Lin. IMO that's one of the softer cores in the entire playoffs. The one who's supposed to enforce on that team is howard, but I just don't see it working this yr, sue me. I swear your one of the worst posters in this site, all you do is bait laker and Kobe fans, or try to call out what you think is a kobephile. Sorry for having an opinion that differs from yours or the legion of leBoners. Variety is the spice of life, man.

Riodagoat
04-19-2014, 05:17 PM
Not sure why the Houston fanboys are getting touchy about the subject. It's just a matter of opinion. You don't need to have substantial evidence to answer the question. It's all about GUT FEELING.

If you can't handle the heat, then stay out of the kitchen.

numba1CHANGsta
04-19-2014, 05:43 PM
Clippers will choke as always

nyyfan4life
04-19-2014, 05:48 PM
Doubt Harden chokes. He's been, arguably, the most clutch player in the NBA this season. Guy is cold-blooded late in the game.

NYKNYGNYY
04-19-2014, 06:26 PM
Cp3 just choked

Bring The Heat
04-19-2014, 07:54 PM
Lebrick.

Creative nickname. Haven't heard that one before, did you make that up yourself?

east fb knicks
04-19-2014, 08:47 PM
lmao I called it the clips might go out in the first rd lmao if that happens I wonder if clips fans will blame the coach this time too how the fuq do you lose to the dubs without bogut :facepalm:

J4KOP99
04-19-2014, 08:50 PM
Cp3 up to his usual choking. Maybe cliff is the more clutch brother

mightybosstone
04-19-2014, 09:15 PM
The Pacers certainly look like they're going to lose game one to the Hawks. Obviously that's a long way from losing the series, but if they do end up getting upset by the Hawks in this series, that might be one of the biggest choke jobs in the playoffs in the history of the NBA.

jerellh528
04-19-2014, 09:18 PM
All choke jobs today IMO

mightybosstone
04-19-2014, 09:22 PM
All choke jobs today IMO

Mmm... I'd disagree. Obviously the lower seeded teams have won. But I think there's a big difference between losing a close game in the first game of the playoffs and getting embarrassed at home in the first game of an 8 vs. 1 matchup. The Raptors and Clippers lost a couple of close games to good teams. The Pacers are choking.

chipurmunki
04-19-2014, 10:59 PM
this question is easy, the whore-iors will. choking and tanking is in the golden showers' blood.

bathroom_man
04-19-2014, 11:15 PM
Jason Collins and the Nets.

hahaha, good one

3RDASYSTEM
04-20-2014, 12:04 AM

whats even more funnier is that he was a choker according to so called experts on here and abroad in CLE for not getting it done and then he choked in 11' to now being a 2x champ to now going back to choker role

I love it how all athletes haved choked(really just losing or having bad series) and some are just under tighter held microscope than others, nothing new under the sun

every player from WILT to RUSS to WEST to BIRD and MAGIC and so on have choked

and it doesn't just happen with choking, it happens with how you act after you lose

example, C's lost to bad boys and walked off without shaking hands or whatever, but the bad boys do to the beloved JORDAN/bulls and get killed by the media for being bad sports/thugs, while BIRD/Celtics get off scott free because he was beloved like JORDAN before they won 6 in 8yrs, amazing how the protected and un protected get put out there by the media, funny now that I over stand it all

Lakeshow24KB
04-22-2014, 06:03 PM
Since when does beating a team in the regular season mean that team should have the same expectations to beat them in the playoffs? I do think a lower seeded team is far more likely to upset a higher seeded team in which they performed well against in the regular season. But I don't think they should be favored, especially since the higher seeded team has home court advantage.

Nah. I was saying Houston will play up to expectations (second round exit) thus lose to Spurs despite beating the Spurs in the regular season multiple times.

sunsfan88
04-23-2014, 09:27 AM
Kirk Hinrich.

TrueFan420
04-23-2014, 11:23 AM
Lebron's mom

Pablonovi
04-23-2014, 01:01 PM
Gonna be interesting to see if, against such a weak team as Atlanta, Hibbert can live up to his 7'-2" frame; and his 1st-half of the season front-running as DPOY.

MrfadeawayJB
04-23-2014, 01:29 PM
Starting to look like thibs and his rotations

curtcocaine
04-23-2014, 01:35 PM
The Pacers certainly look like they're going to lose game one to the Hawks. Obviously that's a long way from losing the series, but if they do end up getting upset by the Hawks in this series, that might be one of the biggest choke jobs in the playoffs in the history of the NBA.

I thought it was Dallas getting beat by the warriors.

Pablonovi
04-23-2014, 01:52 PM
I thought it was Dallas getting beat by the warriors.

Hey curtcocaine,
How DOES a team recover from such a totally unexpected and devasting upset loss?

jerellh528
04-24-2014, 12:14 AM
I knew Houston's team wasn't built for the playoffs.

rex.reyesiii
04-24-2014, 12:18 AM
Houston... still its only Game 2.

Portland in 4? :-X

sunsfan88
04-24-2014, 01:00 AM
James Harden.

lol, please
04-24-2014, 01:03 AM
Houston thus far, but I refuse to serve up that crow to their fans until it's mathematically impossible for them to win.

ChicagoFan4Eva
04-24-2014, 01:06 AM
The Bulls dropping 2 at home. I'm still sad.

BALLER R
04-24-2014, 01:09 AM
Harden chokes on defense

P&GRealist
04-24-2014, 01:12 AM
Harden chokes on defense

And offense.

He needs phantom calls and a ridiculous amount of free throw attempts to get him into a rhythm to make his other shots and bring his point total up.

Great player, but we're seeing what he really is. A good consistent #2 option at best.

KG21
04-24-2014, 01:24 AM
Are you braindead?

If you can't see Harden's offensive skillset, then you should stop watching.

Say that again?

DallasTrilla23
04-24-2014, 01:27 AM
Harden is really disappointing me this series. I hate the rockets but I really thought Harden as going to go off this series

KG21
04-24-2014, 01:31 AM
You should say Haren, he can't play D.

When I saw his "efforts" on defensive end, and his flopping on the other side I'm glad that he sucks so much. He deserves it.

FlashBolt
04-24-2014, 01:36 AM
Harden is a choke. He's not ready for the bright lights. I'm never giving him a pass for this. He stinks thus far, stunk last year, stunk the year before last year as well.. I don't care how he plays again. He seems like a total joke. No defense, quit on his team when HE turned the ball over. Not a lot of players played great for Houston, maybe Asik and Howard... but Harden needs to step up because he was the one who took on the massive burden of leading a team. He should've just stayed in OKC if he couldn't handle it.

AddiX
04-24-2014, 01:40 AM
Harden didn't choke, this is the real harden. He's a system reliant player, who puts up great regular season stats, when those easy looks are gone and teams are game planning him and playing hard defense, he's noT that good.

I've been saying this for years.

But I guess people keep forgetting how he got completely and utterly shut down vs Mia in the finals.

No, he didn't choke, this is the real harden. There's a reason he was a 6th man before he got to hou.

FlashBolt
04-24-2014, 01:43 AM
Harden didn't choke, this is the real harden. He's a system reliant player, who puts up great regular season stats, when those easy looks are gone and teams are game planning him and playing hard defense, he's no that good.

I've been saying this for years.

But I guess people keep forgetting how he got completely and utterly shut down vs Mia in the finals.

No, Ne didn't choke, this is the real harden.

Thanks for the correction. I'm starting to think you're right. This dude just sucks in the playoffs. Drops and drops in every statistic. He's not even a top 5 SG at this point imo. I like to judge players based off their Playoff performances and right now, he would never be a top 5.

Tony_Starks
04-24-2014, 02:03 AM
:facepalm: I am getting so sick and tired of the Harden hatred on PSD. It's become almost as blatant as the Lebron hatred from Kobephiles. Here's a fun fact. Harden averaged 30/7/5 against the Blazers this season on fewer FTA than his season average. Not only should the guy not choke, he should have a pretty damn great series against the Blazers, who are not a good defensive basketball team whatsoever.

We don't believe you!

*Superman*
04-24-2014, 03:09 AM
Simple question. Pick one specific player AND one specific team who you think will choke big time this upcoming playoffs.

For me, it has to be the Pacers and James Harden.

I think the Pacers put a huge target on their backs during the reg season and couple that with a lot of off-the-court problems, I think they are in trouble.

As for James Harden, I don't think his flopping, overacting playstyle wouldn't work in the playoffs. We all know how this guy loves to flail around his arms and drop to the ground if you breath on his neck. Don't think the refs would favor this kind of play too much in the playoffs considering they swallow their whistles a bit more during this time of the year.

LMAO. OP has been proven right so far. Kudos.

*Superman*
04-24-2014, 03:17 AM
Doubt Harden chokes. He's been, arguably, the most clutch player in the NBA this season. Guy is cold-blooded late in the game.

Wow. Such clutch. Much shots.

thenaj17
04-24-2014, 06:18 AM
I knew Houston's team wasn't built for the playoffs.

Mightybosstone seems to be hidden away. Owes you an apology for the s h i t he gave you.

Lion
04-24-2014, 06:46 AM
Durant & the Thunders..

PhillyFaninLA
04-24-2014, 07:49 AM

Say the words Robert Horry is better than Kobe Bryant or get off the ring argument

JJ_JKidd
04-24-2014, 09:32 AM
HeyI thought yall are screaming that Harden is the best SG today? Did I miss something? Lol. Time to put on those flip flops.

jerellh528
04-24-2014, 10:33 AM
Say the words Robert Horry is better than Kobe Bryant or get off the ring argument

Don't quite understand why people don't grasp the concept of being a 1 or 1b option on a ring like Kobe's career or being a 7ppg career average guy like horry. Seriously? Are you serious with that horry rings crap? He was a bench player who chased rings his whole career on 5 diff teams. Kobe was instrumental in 5 rings for one team. But you already knew that, you're just playin dumb.

jerellh528
04-24-2014, 10:35 AM
Mightybosstone seems to be hidden away. Owes you an apology for the s h i t he gave you.

I figured he'd disappear. Hou just isn't made for the playoffs, but he's a fan of theirs so I can understand how that's a hard fact to stomach.

JoeDirt05
04-24-2014, 11:02 AM
Are you face palming your own posts now lol

NYJ - NYY
04-24-2014, 11:36 AM

Ooo man... Hindsight is 20/20 I hope blazers go all the way!!

ghettosean
04-24-2014, 11:49 AM

Lol... Mightybosstone apology in 4,3,2,1 NEVER!!!

Not sure i can forgive you for not making that sig bet... lol

Ebbs
04-24-2014, 11:50 AM
Good call on Harden so far

Chronz
04-24-2014, 12:04 PM
Wasn't Harden the popular choice last year?

http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/showthread.php?815120-Which-quot-Stars-quot-or-vital-players-will-go-ghost-these-playoffs/page8&highlight=playoff

Think he was

dalton749
04-24-2014, 12:19 PM
My choice was easily derozan. First game he choked hard but played surprisingly well game 2

Pablonovi
04-24-2014, 03:20 PM
Harden chokes on defense

Hey BALLER R,
I know what you mean; but can one really accuse him of choking when he always has played for crap on D ?

Pablonovi
04-24-2014, 03:22 PM
Hey curtcocaine,
How DOES a team recover from such a totally unexpected and devasting upset loss?

Hey Pablonovi
Answering myself:
By coming out as if there's no tomorrow, like they did last night. Great 2nd game effort!

P.S. Has my duping gotten so bad that I'm no longer even bothering with other dupe accounts?

Pablonovi
04-24-2014, 03:24 PM
Speaking of the Spurs, any word on why Timmie played so few minutes. Pop sure seemed to have coached this game strange.

NYKnickFanatic
04-24-2014, 03:24 PM
Hey Pablonovi
Answering myself:
By coming out as if there's no tomorrow, like they did last night. Great 2nd game effort!

P.S. Has my duping gotten so bad that I'm no longer even bothering with other dupe accounts?

Lol Que?

Pablonovi
04-24-2014, 03:30 PM
Lol Que?

Hey NYKF,
Beats me.
I think I/he/we(?) mean(s) that: if we're going to be duping for 10+ different guys here; why not dupe for my/our self? Being multiple is/are a b_tch.

L8kers4life
04-24-2014, 03:51 PM

That's not the same bud, we are talking about two of the greatest to play the game, both have rings, Horry just has rings he is not one of the greatest, sorry nice try, and by the way Lebron should be 1-3 in the finals, if Ray Allen did not bail the Heat out, you argument would really be invalid.

NYJ - NYY
04-24-2014, 04:04 PM
Hey NYKF,
Beats me.
I think I/he/we(?) mean(s) that: if we're going to be duping for 10+ different guys here; why not dupe for my/our self? Being multiple is/are a b_tch.

yeah wow what?

mngopher35
04-24-2014, 05:39 PM
Don't quite understand why people don't grasp the concept of being a 1 or 1b option on a ring like Kobe's career or being a 7ppg career average guy like horry. Seriously? Are you serious with that horry rings crap? He was a bench player who chased rings his whole career on 5 diff teams. Kobe was instrumental in 5 rings for one team. But you already knew that, you're just playin dumb.

That's not the same bud, we are talking about two of the greatest to play the game, both have rings, Horry just has rings he is not one of the greatest, sorry nice try, and by the way Lebron should be 1-3 in the finals, if Ray Allen did not bail the Heat out, you argument would really be invalid.

Alright I wasn't going to respond since it was a bit off topic but here is likely the point when bringing up Horry. Roles are different for players and what they contribute to a title. The same way there is a difference from Horry and Kobe there is also a difference between Kobe and Shaq in his first 3 titles. Shaq was the best player in the league and the one the defenses focused on while Kobe was the 2nd best player on the team (do wade and pippen get the same credit as lebron and jordan?). The reason the rings argument holds less value in those situations is that Lebron has never had the luxury of not being the best player and focal point of the other teams defense so the situations have been very different.

So basically when someone decides to just use the rings argument and ignore this context someone might (almost sarcastically) bring up horry to show the ridiculousness of the comments by doing the exact same thing (ignoring context). Jerell I am sure Lebron would gladly give up some of his rebounds etc. for more titles but unfortunately for him he came into the league on a worse team that he had to be the man where kobe had arguably the most dominant big man in his prime.

JEDean89
04-24-2014, 08:52 PM
i completely agree that people who think guys like horry count in the ring argument are idiots. that said, Kobe did almost just as much as Shaq in the playoffs, Shaq just always had the better series in the Finals. Kobe was MVP of many of those series. I put Kobe and Duncan on the same level of greatness, one tier below MJ greatness. Lebron is more than likely to h it Kobe and Duncan greatness in his career, to hit MJ greatness will be tough but doable. There are a lot of great teams in league (west?) right now, Durant is becoming Lebron's true equal.

lol, please
04-24-2014, 08:57 PM
I figured he'd disappear. Hou just isn't made for the playoffs, but he's a fan of theirs so I can understand how that's a hard fact to stomach.

Are you face palming your own posts now lol

oh wow. :faint:

Pablonovi
04-24-2014, 09:48 PM
Memphis is really working their two bigs.

Pablonovi
04-24-2014, 09:52 PM
KD looks weak on both his shooting and dribbling. The Grizz are keeping him in check.

Pablonovi
04-24-2014, 09:56 PM
Gorgeous classic DFish 3.

Pablonovi
04-24-2014, 09:58 PM
KD finally takes it inside. Why aren't they doing that frequently?

Pablonovi
04-24-2014, 09:59 PM
Memphis has got more people fighting for o rebs than OKC does.

Pablonovi
04-24-2014, 10:03 PM
The FootLocker commercial IS one that I like. Too funny.

oops, I meant to post this in the grizz-okc game thread. sorry.:cheers:

KnicksorBust
04-24-2014, 11:05 PM
Westbrook.

Too soon?

Pierzynski4Prez
04-24-2014, 11:34 PM
The FootLocker commercial IS one that I like. Too funny.

oops, I meant to post this in the grizz-okc game thread. sorry.:cheers:

Hey Pablonovi,

No worries.

rockets-fan
04-25-2014, 11:21 AM
After the games seen,

Pacers, rockets , thunder

Luckily if the pacers and thunder lose, it makes Houston's loss in the first round not as bad haha

NYKnickFanatic
04-25-2014, 11:29 AM
KD looks weak on both his shooting and dribbling. The Grizz are keeping him in check.

Hey Pablo,

Tony Allen is a real pesky defender. As good of a scorer as KD is, he is still having some trouble with Allen guarding him, but not really.

I once had a pesky friend who would always want to borrow video games from me and I didn't mind at first, but then he kept getting consistent with it. Then he started to not return the games, which I really didn't like and was very upset. But that was all in the past.

KD is still going to get his, but TA (Tony Allen), is really making him work for his points. Like last night when KD rushed that 3pointer at the end of regulation, he probably could have gotten a better look, but was probably worried that TA was going to disrupt his flow. Jajaja (hahaha) still was a exciting game!

Crackadalic
04-25-2014, 11:40 AM
Pacers. I keep getting blinded because they have the number one seed but there a sub 500 team. I've seen too many similar situations from the pacers so I wouldn't be shock if they lose in the 1st round

As for a specific player? I want to pick hibbert but he's underachieve for a few months.

Harden 13-45 in 2 games hurts a lot and is getting a bit expose but he hasn't done much to be label a chocker

Neither is Durant/Westbrook that's just a tough series.

If I had to pick it's just the pacers in general and their whole starting 5

NoahH
04-25-2014, 12:08 PM
ROY HIBBERT

6ppg 4.7rpg 28% shooting.

This dude lost his mojo like he's in Space Jam

Pablonovi
04-25-2014, 01:02 PM
Hey Pablonovi,

No worries.

:cheers:
(Using this emoticon is kind of "cheating" on account of I don't drink; but, oh well!)

Pablonovi
04-25-2014, 01:06 PM
Hey Pablo,

Tony Allen is a real pesky defender. As good of a scorer as KD is, he is still having some trouble with Allen guarding him, but not really.

I once had a pesky friend who would always want to borrow video games from me and I didn't mind at first, but then he kept getting consistent with it. Then he started to not return the games, which I really didn't like and was very upset. But that was all in the past.

KD is still going to get his, but TA (Tony Allen), is really making him work for his points. Like last night when KD rushed that 3pointer at the end of regulation, he probably could have gotten a better look, but was probably worried that TA was going to disrupt his flow. Jajaja (hahaha) still was a exciting game!

Hey NYKF,
You make a lot of good points, particular about TA's defense. Still, it seems to me that maybe the "League" has figured out one weakness in KD's game: putting a shorter tough-defender on him, and attacking his dribble.

If I were Scott Brooks and KD, I'd take such smaller defenders to the rim endlessly (a high percentage shot too) until they have to go bigger; then shoot outside more. KD CAN do everything; he just needs to adjust to this new defensive scheme that IS having some effect on his shooting %. It seems to me his shooting % has been off for a number of games now.

Pablonovi
04-25-2014, 01:09 PM
Pacers. I keep getting blinded because they have the number one seed but there a sub 500 team. I've seen too many similar situations from the pacers so I wouldn't be shock if they lose in the 1st round

As for a specific player? I want to pick hibbert but he's underachieve for a few months.

Harden 13-45 in 2 games hurts a lot and is getting a bit expose but he hasn't done much to be label a chocker

Neither is Durant/Westbrook that's just a tough series.

If I had to pick it's just the pacers in general and their whole starting 5

Hey Crackadalic,
If the Pacers lose this series, it'll rank super-high on the all-time Playoff Upset list (and CHOKE list). It'd be interesting to see, if that happens, IF they recover mentally next season.

Pablonovi
04-25-2014, 01:11 PM
ROY HIBBERT

Hey HoahH,
I remember in the preseason seeing a picture of him standing next to Tim Duncan. Tim Duncan literally looked way small next to him. Hibbert looked like a monster of size and strength. I thought he might turn into the first Very Good Center in ages. I wonder wtf has happened to him; he's turned to bleep. Ran out of stamina???

NYKnickFanatic
04-25-2014, 01:19 PM
Hey NYKF,
You make a lot of good points, particular about TA's defense. Still, it seems to me that maybe the "League" has figured out one weakness in KD's game: putting a shorter tough-defender on him, and attacking his dribble.

If I were Scott Brooks and KD, I'd take such smaller defenders to the rim endlessly (a high percentage shot too) until they have to go bigger; then shoot outside more. KD CAN do everything; he just needs to adjust to this new defensive scheme that IS having some effect on his shooting %. It seems to me his shooting % has been off for a number of games now.

Hey Pablo,

It would make the most sense to take smaller defenders to the rim, like you said, but TA (Tony Allen), does have some quick feet. Although KD is a very good ball handler for a man of his size, i don't think he could get around TA.

If they start throwing TA in some pick and roll situations, i think KD could definitely capitalize on those. Is TA a good PnR defender? I don't watch him enough to know.

tredigs
04-25-2014, 01:22 PM
ROY HIBBERT

And don't forget. 0 steals. 0 blocks.

Pablonovi
04-25-2014, 02:03 PM
And don't forget. 0 steals. 0 blocks.

Hey tredigs,
Let's just call him, R00y

Tony_Starks
04-25-2014, 02:11 PM
Indy looks horrible but going by the last couple months it's not really shocking. I'm of the opinion whatever is going on behind the scenes is bigger than basketball with them. There's no comraderie, no passion, and outside of Lance....West.... and Scola nobody really seems to care one way or another.

Im sure it will all come out eventually.

Pablonovi
04-25-2014, 02:49 PM
Indy looks horrible but going by the last couple months it's not really shocking. I'm of the opinion whatever is going on behind the scenes is bigger than basketball with them. There's no comraderie, no passion, and outside of Lance....West.... and Scola nobody really seems to care one way or another.

Im sure it will all come out eventually.

Hey Tony_Starks,
You might be right. But it could also just be the combination of two "normal" things:
1) They started off the season over-psyched-up; AND got on a huge roll;
2) The rest of the League finally figured out how to both puncture their formerly Greatest-Ever Defense; AND, continued to keep their relatively anemic offense in check.

If this "theory" is true; it just means that they had built up a "mystique", particularly about their defense. Once that image was busted; the true value of the team and its components could be seen. As individual players they are not all that great: their best player, PG, is not a Super-Star (yet). As a team, their team-work is NOT outstanding. So basically, they've turned out to be an average team led by an average star.

John Walls Era
04-25-2014, 02:52 PM
I apologize for insulting the OP for saying James Harden... I was dead wrong. James Harden has been terrible and looks passive on both ends of the court.