PDA

View Full Version : Nick Calathes suspended 20 games...WTF?!

freejimmer
04-18-2014, 09:17 PM
http://tracking.si.com/2014/04/18/grizzlies-nick-calathes-suspended-20-games/

For those of you that don't know, which is most of you, dude can ball. Rookie PG that is the best secret in the league. Superior defender, GREAT handle, elite passer. BEST backup PG in the NBA.

Calathes is believed to have tested positive for the drug Tamoxifen, which he told the league was part of an over-the-counter supplement he had taken. The NBA has tested the supplement and found no trace of testosterone or other performance enhancing drugs, and one league source has told Wojnarowski “there was no intent, nor advantage gained here.”

WTF?! LeBron would NEVER get suspended for this BS. No star would.

mnatiq
04-18-2014, 09:24 PM
i like turtles

Shammyguy3
04-18-2014, 09:25 PM
sucks for him

but i thought Jimmer was the best kept secret in the NBA?

bucketss
04-18-2014, 09:33 PM
i wish i knew who he was.

CityofTreez
04-18-2014, 09:35 PM
freejimmer :laugh2:

Bum!

Crackadalic
04-18-2014, 09:37 PM
Isn't that use for breast cancer? How the hell is that worth 20 games?

NBA_Starter
04-18-2014, 09:45 PM
Tough break kid.

GiantsSwaGG
04-18-2014, 09:50 PM
Good

freejimmer
04-18-2014, 09:52 PM
freejimmer :laugh2:

Bum!

A queens fan running his mouth, how funny. How did your season turn out, big guy? New ownership, same results. Horrible, horrible moves by the front office.

I'd MUCH rather Jimmer sit on the bench for a respectable franchise than play one minute more for that franchise. He scored 17 points the other night in his first real action and don't be surprised to see him in the playoffs.

Cal827
04-18-2014, 09:53 PM
J.J Barea > Jimmer Fredette

freejimmer
04-18-2014, 09:55 PM

It isn't.

Grizzlies stand no chance against the Thunder now. Calathes is THAT important. He's a 6'5 PG with elite defending abilities that would have given Wesbrook fits.

The FIX is in. Silver wants Thunder/Heat finals.

Method28
04-18-2014, 10:19 PM

It isn't.

Grizzlies stand no chance against the Thunder now. Calathes is THAT important. He's a 6'5 PG with elite defending abilities that would have given Wesbrook fits.

The FIX is in. Silver wants Thunder/Heat finals.

Yeah because the GRIZZLES are the only thing stopping that match up LOL

ramz.n
04-18-2014, 10:22 PM
imo greivis vasquez is the best backup pg in the nba this season

ManRam
04-18-2014, 10:22 PM
Kinda feel bad for him because a) the league even admitted it was accidental b) #GoGators

But you gotta be mroe careful.

Also,

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Bli0Mj1CUAA41Nx.jpg

PS. Oh, and I love the guy...but Jimmer has to assuredly be trolling with the hype he's giving Nick. I like him and all, but he's nothing more than bench fodder.

Avenged
04-18-2014, 10:24 PM
The league needs someone like Lebron or Durant to get "busted" for this years postseason. Lets see how many games they'll get.

ricky recon
04-18-2014, 10:31 PM
Tamoxifen is a SERM. It is most commonly used in male athletes for post-cycle therapy for steroids as it stops gyno from happening, and elevate your natural testosterone faster.

It's very strong and some people run cycles of it on its own.

It's more commonly known as Nolvadex.

freejimmer
04-18-2014, 10:46 PM
Kinda feel bad for him because a) the league even admitted it was accidental b) #GoGators

But you gotta be mroe careful.

Also,

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Bli0Mj1CUAA41Nx.jpg

PS. Oh, and I love the guy...but Jimmer has to assuredly be trolling with the hype he's giving Nick. I like him and all, but he's nothing more than bench fodder.

You don't know anything about Nick Calathes. I live in Gainesville, FL. He's a heck of a lot more than bench fodder.

Take his pics off your signature, he'd be ashamed of you.

Blitzbolt
04-18-2014, 10:49 PM
We have Beno has our 3rd this not a issue at all for us Grizzlies.

freejimmer
04-18-2014, 10:52 PM
We have Beno has our 3rd this not a issue at all for us Grizzlies.

Way to undermine your own player while sounding ignorant to boot.

Beno can't hold Nick's jockstrap defensively or creative wise. The only thing Beno can maybe do better at this point is spot up shooting.

Thunder will sweep you.

NBA_Starter
04-18-2014, 10:56 PM
He is undermining him but is it really the end of the world?

Blitzbolt
04-18-2014, 10:56 PM
Way to undermine your own player while sounding ignorant to boot.

Beno can't hold Nick's jockstrap defensively or creative wise. The only thing Beno can maybe do better at this point is spot up shooting.

Thunder will sweep you.Calathes turnovers were one our biggest issues in the last few games he is a rookie.Beno is a better shooter and that's what we really need we have like 100 defenders in our team.

slashsnake
04-18-2014, 11:10 PM

For those of you that don't know, which is most of you, dude can ball. Rookie PG that is the best secret in the league. Superior defender, GREAT handle, elite passer. BEST backup PG in the NBA.

Calathes is believed to have tested positive for the drug Tamoxifen, which he told the league was part of an over-the-counter supplement he had taken. The NBA has tested the supplement and found no trace of testosterone or other performance enhancing drugs, and one league source has told Wojnarowski “there was no intent, nor advantage gained here.”

I like calathes, but he isn't an elite passer. Nor is he the best backup PG in the NBA.

Hmmm, yeah there's no advantage here in sports with using a drug that has two purposes. Treating breast cancer... and masking steroids..

I will take the "no advantage" up and throw it in the box of "I have a 1 in a billion genetic disorder", "he told me it was a vitamin shot", "it was a tainted supplement (wait he used that line too?)", "I was just in a room with people smoking drugs", "that whizzinator isn't mine", and "someone mixed up my sample" excuses. If you listen to the reports, 100% of failed tests in sports are unintentional.

Player took a drug to mask steroid use. End of story.

And yes a star would get suspended for that. What is option two? Kill off the sample taker and his family and pay off a billion dollar lab facility that does your testing, of which you are a very minor customer when that one comes back positive? Oh and then start killing off their techs, and anyone in the know that found out Lebron failed his test (because if that news ever made the light of day it would be the biggest scam in sports ever)?

slashsnake
04-18-2014, 11:22 PM

Did the league admit it was accidental, or did an "unnamed league source" say it was accidental? I go talk to the Memphis assistant equipment manager and he says "He didn't do *******", I can say "league source believes sample to have tested positive in testing error with lab, Calathes not to blame." and that sounds a LOT more impressive.

and go gators

ricky recon
04-18-2014, 11:50 PM
You don't take nolva on accident. There just isn't otc supplements that have that.

MrfadeawayJB
04-19-2014, 01:33 AM
He took it to grow hair

CityofTreez
04-19-2014, 04:04 AM
Freejimmer :laugh2:

Bum!

P&GRealist
04-19-2014, 04:08 AM
Hey Nick Calathes

SUCK ME!!!

arlubas
04-19-2014, 04:30 AM
You don't know anything about Nick Calathes. I live in Gainesville, FL. He's a heck of a lot more than bench fodder.
I certainly do know though, seeing as he was playing on my team for 3 years plus on my country's national team. So to sum up Nick isn't the best kept secret you make him out to be, he's a pretty good back up guy to have on your squad, a very good defender and a player that definitely has a knack for assisting and seeing the passing lanes. His shooting however was always inconsistent and he isn't as gifted of a scorer as you would like him to be.

He isn't a starting type of PG in the NBA, heck he wasn't a starter for us so I doubt he has what it takes to be one in the L, even though his playing style was always more suited for the NBA than it was for the European one.

therealwd27
04-19-2014, 04:38 AM

What does Lebron have to do with it

therealwd27
04-19-2014, 04:42 AM
BTW Tamoxifen isn't harmless, people who use steroids use it as PST. It is to battle Gyno in men it also raises natural test levels, he must've did a cycle and was using it to recover.

It's more known as Nolvadex

therealwd27
04-19-2014, 04:43 AM
Tamoxifen is a SERM. It is most commonly used in male athletes for post-cycle therapy for steroids as it stops gyno from happening, and elevate your natural testosterone faster.

It's very strong and some people run cycles of it on its own.

It's more commonly known as Nolvadex.

This. Didn't see your post I reported lol I'm a Tren guy myself lol

mzgrizz
04-19-2014, 05:46 PM
Well, hard for me to believe he's on testosterone because he isn't exactly ripped, is he? Yes, he has hair loss but looks like most all male white players in any sport ,college and pro, look like they are losing their hair. I hate it for him and the Grizz, and if he's guilty of trying to hide testosterone, he deserves the suspension. Not all supplement manufacturers follow the rules and disclose ingredients, but rely on adverse event reporting to the FDA to investigate. You have to cause harm before they investigate as opposed to pharmaceuticals. The DSHEA law....created to protect vitamin and supplement manufacturers in the '90's.
Every NBA team ought to be served notice to beg the guys to have ANY supplement tested before they take it.

effen5
04-19-2014, 05:59 PM
This. Didn't see your post I reported lol I'm a Tren guy myself lol

Lol! I used to be a prop guy when I was into that **** when I was 22

JdKing7
04-19-2014, 06:18 PM
Haha come on now. What OTC supplements contain nolva. If anyone knows let me know. There isn't a chance in hell this guy accidently took an otc supplement that contained tamoxifen.

effen5
04-19-2014, 06:32 PM
Haha come on now. What OTC supplements contain nolva. If anyone knows let me know. There isn't a chance in hell this guy accidently took an otc supplement that contained tamoxifen.
100 percent agreed

Bring The Heat
04-19-2014, 07:14 PM
I'm in pharmacy school and we just actually finished studying this drug in pharmacology.... Its known as a "SERM" selective estrogen receptor modulator, It's main use is for chemo prevention in breast cancer for pre or post menopausal women that are ER positive... HAD no idea this was banned wtf? lol.... I guess they automatically assume he was using some sort of Testosterone supplement before.. but are they just allowed to assume this and suspend him for 20 games? Kind of ridiculous if you ask me.

ManRam
04-19-2014, 07:24 PM
Did the league admit it was accidental, or did an "unnamed league source" say it was accidental? I go talk to the Memphis assistant equipment manager and he says "He didn't do *******", I can say "league source believes sample to have tested positive in testing error with lab, Calathes not to blame." and that sounds a LOT more impressive.

and go gators

That's what I saw on twitter last night. Gotta believe everything you see on twitter!

But yeah, it does sound like you're right. It wasn't the league.

Take his pics off your signature, he'd be ashamed of you.

1. What does living in Gainesville have to do with anything?
2. That's not my sig
3. "Fodder" was harsh. He's a bench player, though. Good at many things, great at, well, not a whole lot. I root for the guy, but I don't think he's as great as you think. That's all.

AddiX
04-19-2014, 07:40 PM
I'm in pharmacy school and we just actually finished studying this drug in pharmacology.... Its known as a "SERM" selective estrogen receptor modulator, It's main use is for chemo prevention in breast cancer for pre or post menopausal women that are ER positive... HAD no idea this was banned wtf? lol.... I guess they automatically assume he was using some sort of Testosterone supplement before.. but are they just allowed to assume this and suspend him for 20 games? Kind of ridiculous if you ask me.

Steroid abusers use this to control estogren levels after a steroid cycle.

So yeah, if this is what he was caught using, he def was on gear.

ricky recon
04-19-2014, 07:54 PM
BTW Tamoxifen isn't harmless, people who use steroids use it as PST. It is to battle Gyno in men it also raises natural test levels, he must've did a cycle and was using it to recover.

It's more known as Nolvadex

PCT*

post cycle therapy.

Hellcrooner
04-19-2014, 08:30 PM
He can be thankfull that nba is so lean on doping.

If he was an olympic athlete and tested positivive for the sam ething during the olympic games he would get a two year ban.

Iggz53
04-19-2014, 09:46 PM
Tamoxifen is prescription only in the US, no over-the-counter products sold in the US can legally have any traces of it. So he's lying, unless he obtained it from an unauthorized source like an online site.

And yes, it is very commonly prescribed for treatment of breast cancer.

slashsnake
04-19-2014, 09:49 PM

Interesting... I just find it funny that all these players keep using these odd drugs that cure something they don't have... OR mask steroid use. Kind of like Cushing and hCg in the NFL. Sure, why would he take a female fertility drug... but it does also happen to help mask steroid use.

But that's why it is baneed Bring the Heat. Because a guy would have no use for it other than to mask his steroid use.

chipurmunki
04-19-2014, 11:06 PM
if he stuck to the team nutritionist's regimen, this wouldn't have happened. he didn't get 20 games for drug consumption as much as stupidity.