PDA

View Full Version : CP3 will get a pass

sammyvine
04-18-2014, 08:17 PM
Should he be up for criticism if the Clippers under perform

Remember he has been been past the 2nd round in his entire 9 year career. Even Melo has a better playoff record.

Bad teams or not he has enough this year to make it to the WCF/

goingfor28
04-18-2014, 08:18 PM
He will, and maybe should, get criticism if the clippers don't advance to the wcf imo
LA had a ton of talent and is very deep and have Doc now, so there are no excuses

Bruno
04-18-2014, 08:20 PM
chris paul is a prime example for my personal 6'6 or over rule. dudes who are smaller than 6'6 need spectacular circumstance to lead their teams to championships as the #1 player.

i don't think chris paul is durable enough or big enough. call me crazy but go find a guy under 6'6 who lead his team to a championship as the teams best player. Billups? thats spectacular circumstance, and it's one example.

SPURSFAN1
04-18-2014, 08:28 PM
Parker.

DillyDill
04-18-2014, 08:31 PM
chris paul is a prime example for my personal 6'6 or over rule. dudes who are smaller than 6'6 need spectacular circumstance to lead their teams to championships as the #1 player.

i don't think chris paul is durable enough or big enough. call me crazy but go find a guy under 6'6 who lead his team to a championship as the teams best player. Billups? thats spectacular circumstance, and it's one example.
Dwade 06

AddiX
04-18-2014, 08:35 PM

Can a mod be banned for saying something this stupid?

KnicksorBust
04-18-2014, 08:41 PM
Isiah Thomas.

dnl123
04-18-2014, 08:42 PM
Chris Paul is a great player, but in my mind the accountability you're talking about of getting championships is reserved for only 1 or 2 players in every decade. Lebron and Kobe have been those guys for quite a while. Kevin Durant seems like he will take Kobe's place and will be that guy for years to come starting with this postseason and he is going to win his first MVP which will immediately up the expectation for him to win. This is pure speculation but I think Anthony Davis may become that type of perennial superstar in a few years too when Lebron is past his prime. That kid is a beast!

ManRam
04-18-2014, 08:45 PM
Depends on how he plays. I do think he has the most to gain and lose this year. Last year he probably got of scotch free because he was INSANELY good in his series. That loss couldn't possibly have been pinned on him. I mean, if that happens again then maybe people won't talk about it...but he's gotta lead that team to something this year. It's the best team he's ever had, by far.

I don't at all agree with Bruno's point, if for no other reason than the fact I don't think his durability has been the issue and that I think he's one of the absolute best PGs ever. Hell, he just simply has not ever had good-enough teams. But really, it's not a size thing with me, it's a position thing. I just don't think the PG position is really all that important these days. Well, non-scoring PGs, that is. He's gotta be a bigger threat scoring-wise for them to make a run.

Hulk6
04-18-2014, 08:47 PM

lmao mods on PSD.. EVER HEARD OF ALLEN IVERSON

Shammyguy3
04-18-2014, 09:10 PM
Iverson never lead a team to a title....

KB24PG16
04-18-2014, 09:13 PM
Iverson never lead a team to a title....

joking?

lol, please
04-18-2014, 09:15 PM
Should he be up for criticism if the Clippers under perform

Remember he has been been past the 2nd round in his entire 9 year career. Even Melo has a better playoff record.

Bad teams or not he has enough this year to make it to the WCF/

Excuses already? Might as well I guess, it would be foolish to think it won't take everything the Clippers can muster to get by GSW.

slashsnake
04-18-2014, 09:16 PM

Spectacular circumstance if you ask me. Team finished the year 8-10. Amazing offense by Iverson but Dikembe and Theo Ratliff were their next best offensive weapons. Everyone played D that year. Larry Brown coaching. Miami lost Zo, NY lost Ewing, Larry Bird stepped down and hired Isiah Thomas to coach Indy. The best teams were a 2nd year Vince Carter led one, and a 4th year Ray Allen led one.

They had a +7 through 14 games against the Bucks and Raptors that year. Two very tight 7 game series.

Shammyguy3
04-18-2014, 09:21 PM
joking?

last I checked he has no rings... unless we're talking about your PS3 game?

gatkins11
04-18-2014, 09:48 PM
Dwade 06

He did have spectacular circumstance though: Danny Crawford and Bennett Salvatore.

slashsnake
04-18-2014, 09:49 PM
I will say, for whatever weird reason, elite PG's struggle winning titles. Kidd wasn't elite when he won his and Chauncey was never elite.

But guys like Stockton, CP3, Payton, Nash, Tim Hardaway, Starbury, Price, Terry Porter, KJ, Baron Davis, Francis, Deron Williams, Westbrook etc...

Parker won some with a great coach and talented team. And Isiah won some back in the day. Since then its been guys like Ron Harper, Derek Fisher, BJ Armstrong or Paxson, Kenny Smith, Chalmers/Jason Williams that have been leading teams to titles at the PG position.

NBA_Starter
04-18-2014, 10:32 PM
No one in that position should get a pass.

shep33
04-19-2014, 04:15 AM
I somewhat agree with Bruno's argument though. I think a better way of stating it is that wing players (scoring guards/SFs), unlike point guards in the modern NBA, are much more valuable.

If you put a prime Bron, Kobe or Wade, I think those guys come away with at least 1 title with the talent on that squad plus the quality coach that Cp3 has.

No excuses for CP3. If KD doesn't make it back to the Finals or wins one in the next few years, he'll be on that list too.

Bruno
04-19-2014, 04:30 AM
Isiah Thomas.

thomas for sure. wade and fazier are a couple 6'4 guys. the list is slim, paul has a history of being fragile.

Bruno
04-19-2014, 04:34 AM
I somewhat agree with Bruno's argument though. I think a better way of stating it is that wing players (scoring guards/SFs), unlike point guards in the modern NBA, are much more valuable.

If you put a prime Bron, Kobe or Wade, I think those guys come away with at least 1 title with the talent on that squad plus the quality coach that Cp3 has.

No excuses for CP3. If KD doesn't make it back to the Finals or wins one in the next few years, he'll be on that list too.
its just harder for smaller players to take a beating in the playoffs without losing too much steam to finish strong through four series. paul and docs best move has been letting blake become the guy who's more responsible for the buckets and taking the beating in the paint. getting body slammed by guys who have 50 or 100 pounds on you in the intensity of a playoff setting takes its toll. even i.t. broke down in 88 when he stepped on an ankle.

Bruno
04-19-2014, 04:38 AM
Parker.

2007 was duncan.

arlubas
04-19-2014, 04:39 AM
even i.t. broke down in 88 when he stepped on an ankle.
What on earth are you talking about here? Isiah stepped on an ankle and got a sprain, those things happen in basketball, that doesn't make him a fragile guy no matter which way you look at it.

Bruno
04-19-2014, 04:41 AM
I will say, for whatever weird reason, elite PG's struggle winning titles. Kidd wasn't elite when he won his and Chauncey was never elite.

But guys like Stockton, CP3, Payton, Nash, Tim Hardaway, Starbury, Price, Terry Porter, KJ, Baron Davis, Francis, Deron Williams, Westbrook etc...

Parker won some with a great coach and talented team. And Isiah won some back in the day. Since then its been guys like Ron Harper, Derek Fisher, BJ Armstrong or Paxson, Kenny Smith, Chalmers/Jason Williams that have been leading teams to titles at the PG position.
a lot of great point guards have won championships but not a lot of point guards have led their teams to championships as the teams best player, #1 options and primary scorers. its rare. every other position on the court has had more mvps and finals mvps when you remove magic from the tally.

Bruno
04-19-2014, 04:44 AM
What on earth are you talking about here? Isiah stepped on an ankle and got a sprain, those things happen in basketball, that doesn't make him a fragile guy no matter which way you look at it.

it was a freak accident. but its weird that one of our few examples saw a championship slip away because of a late season injury. paul has had a lot of late season injuries.

Bruno
04-19-2014, 04:46 AM

iverson hasn't won a championship. inversions body got beat up constantly, the only reason he played through some of his injuries is because he's tough.

Iron24th
04-19-2014, 04:48 AM

last time I checked, they didn't win any championship with iverson

Spectacular circumstance if you ask me. Team finished the year 8-10. Amazing offense by Iverson but Dikembe and Theo Ratliff were their next best offensive weapons. Everyone played D that year. Larry Brown coaching. Miami lost Zo, NY lost Ewing, Larry Bird stepped down and hired Isiah Thomas to coach Indy. The best teams were a 2nd year Vince Carter led one, and a 4th year Ray Allen led one.

They had a +7 through 14 games against the Bucks and Raptors that year. Two very tight 7 game series.

exactly

Avenged
04-19-2014, 04:48 AM
As always.

sammyvine
04-19-2014, 08:06 AM
the excuses are out already!

he is to small to win a championship!

torocan
04-19-2014, 08:26 AM
I think Paul gets crucified if they don't get past GSW.

If they don't get past OKC... not so much. Especially if Paul plays well.

I just find it hard to rag TOO much on losing to a team with the consensus league MVP on their roster. As long as Paul brings it, I don't think he'll get that much flack for losing to OKC.

And if he gets knocked out by the Spurs? Would ANYONE be shocked if that happened? I sure wouldn't...

JasonJohnHorn
04-19-2014, 08:36 AM
Anybody who has seen how much better he makes the teams he plays for wouldn't even consider this.

Last year Blake got injured. What is a point guard supposed to do when your only post scorer gets injured and you have a thin bench?

The Clippers have a great team this year, but SAS and OKC are better. Period. There is not reason LAC should be in the conference finals if all the teams play to their full potential.

Every team Chris Paul has played for has done as better than can fairly be expected, even if that only means a first round exit.

You look at the 08 Hornets roster. You put Tony Parker on that team and they are luck to make the playoffs, let alone win in the first round and push the Spurs to 7 games. Tynson Chandler was considered a bust by that point. Chicago let him walk and CP3 reinvigorated his career.

The reason CP3 gets a pass is because he always overachieves with whatever roster he plays on.

sammyvine
04-19-2014, 08:41 AM
Anybody who has seen how much better he makes the teams he plays for wouldn't even consider this.

Last year Blake got injured. What is a point guard supposed to do when your only post scorer gets injured and you have a thin bench?

The Clippers have a great team this year, but SAS and OKC are better. Period. There is not reason LAC should be in the conference finals if all the teams play to their full potential.

Every team Chris Paul has played for has done as better than can fairly be expected, even if that only means a first round exit.

You look at the 08 Hornets roster. You put Tony Parker on that team and they are luck to make the playoffs, let alone win in the first round and push the Spurs to 7 games. Tynson Chandler was considered a bust by that point. Chicago let him walk and CP3 reinvigorated his career.

The reason CP3 gets a pass is because he always overachieves with whatever roster he plays on.

So in the last 2 years he has been knocked out in the 2nd and 1st round despite the clippers team having one of the best benches and having a legit all star in Griffin....yet he has over achieved?:confused: The clippers were a higher seed than Memphis as well.

When Rose got bounced out by Miami he was getting mocked by countless fans on here, Durant against Memphis etc....
I dislike Skip Bayless but he is right that Paul always get a pass for his poor playoff record. We hear how is the GOAT PG, better than Kidd & Nash yet the man has never been to a conference finals?

Deron Williams even has a better playoff record than him. Okay.

Meaze_Gibson
04-19-2014, 09:06 AM
He's gonna get a pass. Last year he was almost outperformed by Mike Conley who isnt anyones top 5 pg but yet again this year Paul is hailed as the all time great pg. better than gary, kidd, and isiah, all of whom can rise to the occasion when necessary. even kevin johnson and tim hardaway were more consistent playoff pgs in my opionion.

AIverson
04-19-2014, 11:58 AM
Why y'all bash cp3 when Kevin love can't even get into the playoff with a talented team?

Chronz
04-19-2014, 12:31 PM
So in the last 2 years he has been knocked out in the 2nd and 1st round despite the clippers team having one of the best benches and having a legit all star in Griffin....
lol, you must not have been paying attention. 2 years ago, Clippers defeated a superior team in Memphis without HCA, requiring an amazing come back. Blake has been injured the last 2 years, he and DJ were the definition of regular season players. CP3's best playoff sidekick has been his backup, sadly depth is of less consequence in the regular season, so Im not sure why your focusing on that. Clips need 3 things to advance, for CP3 to continue raising the level of play of his teams offense, for Blake to actually show up, and for DJ to anchor the D.

Deron Williams even has a better playoff record than him. Okay.
Doesn't Mark Jackson have a better playoff record than all of them? Maybe if this were tennis, that would mean something.

Chronz
04-19-2014, 12:40 PM
its just harder for smaller players to take a beating in the playoffs without losing too much steam to finish strong through four series. paul and docs best move has been letting blake become the guy who's more responsible for the buckets and taking the beating in the paint. getting body slammed by guys who have 50 or 100 pounds on you in the intensity of a playoff setting takes its toll. even i.t. broke down in 88 when he stepped on an ankle.

Blake has always been the guy taking more of a beating in the paint, thats probably a big reason why hes been unable to enter the post season healthy and actually perform up to his standards. Not seeing anything different there, hes improved as a go-to guy though, thats for sure. My only concern are his recent back spasms, this time last year, they showed up and completely hampered him. I hope they aren't as severe this go around.

Not seeing what the ankle roll has to do with anything, the Pistons would've won the chip if not for that Kareem foul that should have never happened, not to mention Magic fouling at the end of regulation. So to me, lots of spectacular circumstances have to happen for anyone to win. The reason your theory might hold true isn't because of size, its because players that size tend to have it harder to dominate. If a player that size just so happens to come along and be that caliber of a superstar, they will need the team around them to win. CP3 hasn't.

Bigger players tend to be better players, that much we agree on. But you always need a team to win.

Chronz
04-19-2014, 12:45 PM
He's gonna get a pass. Last year he was almost outperformed by Mike Conley who isnt anyones top 5 pg but yet again this year Paul is hailed as the all time great pg. better than gary, kidd, and isiah, all of whom can rise to the occasion when necessary. even kevin johnson and tim hardaway were more consistent playoff pgs in my opionion.

You mean the same GP that lost in the first round to FAR inferior teams, TWICE? Kidd and Isiah rose to the occasion when they had the defense around them. KJ and Tim Hardaway can be more consistent, they werent as dominant, thats for damn sure.

Bruno
04-19-2014, 02:46 PM
Blake has always been the guy taking more of a beating in the paint, thats probably a big reason why hes been unable to enter the post season healthy and actually perform up to his standards. Not seeing anything different there, hes improved as a go-to guy though, thats for sure. My only concern are his recent back spasms, this time last year, they showed up and completely hampered him. I hope they aren't as severe this go around.

Not seeing what the ankle roll has to do with anything, the Pistons would've won the chip if not for that Kareem foul that should have never happened, not to mention Magic fouling at the end of regulation. So to me, lots of spectacular circumstances have to happen for anyone to win. The reason your theory might hold true isn't because of size, its because players that size tend to have it harder to dominate. If a player that size just so happens to come along and be that caliber of a superstar, they will need the team around them to win. CP3 hasn't.

Bigger players tend to be better players, that much we agree on. But you always need a team to win.

i agree you always need a team to win.

i was trying to make a connection between size and the ability to get to the line and attack the paint. i think a teams best guy need to be able to get and make free throws in a slowed down playoff environment. this tends to be more difficult for PGs, but I guess at this point even clipper fans are debating who's the teams MVP. its hard for the little guys to make a career out of attacking the basket. it was pretty aggressive and he broke down by 32.

at this point in the season where do you consider the clippers health to be at compared to years past? i responded to you in the first team thread.

KnicksorBust
04-19-2014, 06:05 PM
Cp3 wont need a pass bc lac is going places.

smith&wesson
04-19-2014, 06:18 PM
honestly the west is soo deep you cant really hold it against any one for losing to anyone. every series is a battle.

it would be different if he never past the first round. but in the west its hard to get past anyround really.

NYKNYGNYY
04-19-2014, 06:28 PM
Wow he choked bad

NBA_Starter
04-19-2014, 06:33 PM
Well will he get a pass?

Crackadalic
04-19-2014, 06:34 PM
He miss two FT they could have help them at least tied them with the warriors missing FT's

raiderposting
04-19-2014, 06:44 PM
Cp3 wont need a pass bc lac is going places.

?

D_Rose1118
04-19-2014, 06:45 PM
How do you expect Paul to make those free throws with such underachieving rims??? This guy is great, he makes everyone so much better and it's never his fault.... Ever

Chronz
04-19-2014, 08:32 PM
Lol u know you're great when those ft alone are what draw criticism

Blake once again with another no show

Chronz
04-19-2014, 08:37 PM
i agree you always need a team to win.

i was trying to make a connection between size and the ability to get to the line and attack the paint. i think a teams best guy need to be able to get and make free throws in a slowed down playoff environment. this tends to be more difficult for PGs, but I guess at this point even clipper fans are debating who's the teams MVP. its hard for the little guys to make a career out of attacking the basket. it was pretty aggressive and he broke down by 32.

at this point in the season where do you consider the clippers health to be at compared to years past? i responded to you in the first team thread.
Hardly a debate, cp3 missed 2many games, don't see what that has to so with the playoffs tho, cp3 is still CLEARLY the better player, just look at tonight. Blake better step up for once

I saw the response, on phone right now during lunch, get back to you

Vinylman
04-19-2014, 08:38 PM

what are you talking about? steve blake looked great

KnicksorBust
04-19-2014, 08:39 PM
How do you expect Paul to make those free throws with such underachieving rims??? This guy is great, he makes everyone so much better and it's never his fault.... Ever

The second sentence makes you sound like such a hater but the underachieving rims line was funny as hell.

J4KOP99
04-19-2014, 08:51 PM

Isaiah

rocket
04-19-2014, 08:53 PM
Can a mod be banned for saying something this stupid?

:laugh:

east fb knicks
04-19-2014, 08:58 PM

Method28
04-19-2014, 09:12 PM

My thoughts exactly. That charge vs Speights was such a STUPID mistake. He's got to know better. All they can do from here is go out and win the next two.

knicksfan1794
04-19-2014, 10:49 PM
ive been saying this for awhile now how can he be considered to be on the of the best point guards in the league when he only got out of the first round of the playoffs once?

flea
04-19-2014, 10:53 PM
Blake couldn't even stay on the floor 20 minutes yet the loss is CP3's fault because of some missed free throws? Lol okay.

John Walls Era
04-20-2014, 01:15 AM
ive been saying this for awhile now how can he be considered to be on the of the best point guards in the league when he only got out of the first round of the playoffs once?

My counter: How can Love be the best PF in the league if he has never even made the playoffs?

likemystylez
04-20-2014, 01:34 AM
He miss two FT they could have help them at least tied them with the warriors missing FT's

They lost by 4 points.... big deal, they made up for those two misses when jamaul crawford drilled the half court 3 at the end of the 1st quarter

likemystylez
04-20-2014, 01:38 AM
Blake couldn't even stay on the floor 20 minutes yet the loss is CP3's fault because of some missed free throws? Lol okay.

I agree- cp3 had a great game against a very strong defensive effort. His team lost a tough game though. Hate when people blame one player.

Curry on the other hand likely played his worst game in the series today and his team won- and LOL at the espn crew saying curry did what it took down the stretch to get this one.... lmao seriously

likemystylez
04-20-2014, 01:41 AM
My thoughts exactly. That charge vs Speights was such a STUPID mistake. He's got to know better. All they can do from here is go out and win the next two.

scary thing is- warriors didnt play their A game either. That was most likely stephs worse game of the series and it resulted in a clippers home loss

lol, please
04-20-2014, 01:42 AM

lol, please
04-20-2014, 01:43 AM
scary thing is- warriors didnt play their A game either. That was most likely stephs worse game of the series and it resulted in a clippers home loss

When Curry/Klay/Lee play at their best and the whole team puts forth their best effort, they can beat anyone. Anyone.

Hawkeye15
04-20-2014, 01:45 AM
yes, he will get a pass. I am a huge CP3 fan, but as long as his teammates don't show up when it matters, and he does, through 48 minutes, he will get a pass.

The question should start being, why does Blake get a pass? He sucked today.

slashsnake
04-20-2014, 01:55 AM
yes, he will get a pass. I am a huge CP3 fan, but as long as his teammates don't show up when it matters, and he does, through 48 minutes, he will get a pass.

I've thought CP3 gets a little shot happy and becomes a little less of what makes him the best PG in the NBA come playoff time. Maybe it is his teammates not coming through, but it always felt like he just becomes a little more of a shooter than distributor come playoff time in LA.

Chronz
04-20-2014, 01:58 AM
I've thought CP3 gets a little shot happy and becomes a little less of what makes him the best PG in the NBA come playoff time. Maybe it is his teammates not coming through, but it always felt like he just becomes a little more of a shooter than distributor come playoff time in LA.

But offense has never been the problem with the Clippers come playoffs, its the D and more importantly, the mental mistakes from his alleged MVP teammate.

shep33
04-20-2014, 02:01 AM
After today's game, I'm not so sure this game was on CP3 as much as it was on Blake. Yeah, he missed clutch freethrows, and he did take some uncharacteristic shots, but Blake got outplayed badly... I mean badly by Lee

Chronz
04-20-2014, 02:13 AM
Theres going to be a game where CP3 plays pedestrian, Klay shoots 7-23 or something, but in the games that Curry gets hot, that better be when Blake goes nuts, its the only way to offset such an embarrassing showing and giving up HCA so early.

Sadds The Gr8
04-20-2014, 02:19 AM

did he tho? at least 2 of his fouls were BS and he was scoring in the post pretty well. also had some nice passes/assists. he looked pretty good to me in the limited time he got to play

numba1CHANGsta
04-20-2014, 02:29 AM
True PG's like Stockton, Nash, Kidd, Mark Jackson, Gary Payton couldn't win it all in their prime. When the best player on your team is a PG usually there isn't much success

slashsnake
04-20-2014, 02:46 AM
But offense has never been the problem with the Clippers come playoffs, its the D and more importantly, the mental mistakes from his alleged MVP teammate.

Last year they were up 2-0 on the Grizz, then the 82, 83, and 92 point games dropped them out of it. Blake was pretty bad, but CP3 only was elevating his game on the scoring end of things. I thought Mike Conley was the best distributor in that series and that shouldn't ever be the case when those two match up.

When the spurs swept them they averaged 91 points per game on offense. That year I thought CP3 really struggled while Blake was ok.

Not bashing him, he's one of my favorite players even though he makes my nuggets look like a bunch of idiots there. Just being honest. I thought he gets a little more one tracked in the post-season lately.

Tonight with Blake out so much he had to, but we will see how he turns things around

mngopher35
04-20-2014, 03:32 AM
Last year they were up 2-0 on the Grizz, then the 82, 83, and 92 point games dropped them out of it. Blake was pretty bad, but CP3 only was elevating his game on the scoring end of things. I thought Mike Conley was the best distributor in that series and that shouldn't ever be the case when those two match up.

When the spurs swept them they averaged 91 points per game on offense. That year I thought CP3 really struggled while Blake was ok.

Not bashing him, he's one of my favorite players even though he makes my nuggets look like a bunch of idiots there. Just being honest. I thought he gets a little more one tracked in the post-season lately.

Tonight with Blake out so much he had to, but we will see how he turns things around

That Memphis team was very good defensively and weak on offense though so just pointing out the low point totals in 3 games isn't the whole story. Paul played good outside of games 3 and 4.

The Grizzlies won every playoff game where they scored 94 or more points in regulation (this happened in all 4 wins over the clips, twice vs okc, and 0 times while getting swept by the spurs). They only broke 100 points in regulation 3 times and it was the final 3 games of that Clippers series. Paul played good in games 5 and 6 but they let in way too many points, especially in game 6. Now Paul should get some blame for a couple off performances but he was not the main issue.

slashsnake
04-20-2014, 05:25 AM
That Memphis team was very good defensively and weak on offense though so just pointing out the low point totals in 3 games isn't the whole story. Paul played good outside of games 3 and 4.

The Grizzlies won every playoff game where they scored 94 or more points in regulation (this happened in all 4 wins over the clips, twice vs okc, and 0 times while getting swept by the spurs). They only broke 100 points in regulation 3 times and it was the final 3 games of that Clippers series. Paul played good in games 5 and 6 but they let in way too many points, especially in game 6. Now Paul should get some blame for a couple off performances but he was not the main issue.

Agreed, and I only watched about half their playoff games the past couple years, but he just seemed to take on more of a scorers mentality. Could have been other guys not stepping up... He has been their best post-season performer (seriously. Jordan can't outscore a 400 year old O'neal?)

YoungOne
04-20-2014, 07:00 AM
if cp3 would have played the first half like the second they would have won, but instead he tried to sell foul calls over and over again.
Not only did it result in turnovers but also sends the wrong message to his team.

lol, please
04-20-2014, 01:21 PM
if cp3 would have played the first half like the second they would have won, but instead he tried to sell foul calls over and over again.
Not only did it result in turnovers but also sends the wrong message to his team.

Are you insinuating he choked?

kylem4711
04-20-2014, 02:14 PM
"NBA will announce foul should have been called on Draymond Green, who forced a Chris Paul turnover."

pretty big play.

Chronz
04-20-2014, 06:45 PM
Last year they were up 2-0 on the Grizz, then the 82, 83, and 92 point games dropped them out of it.
Theres also the +120 ORTG they regularly gave up to an offense that ranked among the worst in the league. For the series, the Clippers scored at a rate of 107.5 per100, against such a stifling defense, thats impressive. To put that in perspective, Durant's Thunder couldn't even crack the triple digits for the series. Offense was most definitely a bigger problem for them than it was a team like ours. The biggest benefit would come defensively, its not CP3's job to anchor the paint, that falls on his teammates. CP3 does his part from the perimeter. I honestly couldn't believe how efficient we were scoring given that Blake was so hampered by the back/ankle, a true testament to CP3's brilliance offensively, he certainly did better than Durant did against the same foe.

Blake was pretty bad, but CP3 only was elevating his game on the scoring end of things. I thought Mike Conley was the best distributor in that series and that shouldn't ever be the case when those two match up.
Well its easier to distribute when you have very clear matchup advantages. I disagree with there having to be any sort of predetermined path a player must take for every given series. CP3 assessed the situation and reacted accordingly. Had CP3 done his usual deferring thing, the offense would have crumbled apart, I mean, who was he suppose to rely on against the Grizz? Like I said earlier, over the years, his backup has been his best teammate come playoffs. Crawford was only effective when the Grizz played small with Bayless on him, they adjusted to that after game 1, Tony Allen hounded him the rest of the series and completely nullified his game. That leaves an injured Blake with DJ crowding the lane even more( BTW our solution to that was using Odom as a center to space teams out). I mean that team had ZERO OPTIONS other than hope CP3 can manufacture some good shots, which he did.

They were both injured and had already overachieved by getting past a superior Grizz team, they beat em up tho. Even Pop admits that CP3 wasn't right. The 2 were pretty evenly awful except that CP3 at least made life easier for his teammates, Blake and DJ's lack of a jumper/awareness is what allowed the Spurs to trap CP3 off sideline picks and really stifled everyone else.

basketfan4life
04-21-2014, 02:23 AM
I agree with Bruno to a point, but main thing that prevents these players from winning titles i think is ball domination, then the height thing. If one player is both the primary playmaker and scorer of a team it is almost impossible for that team to win a c'ship. I said this years ago, if there is a player that can do this with that type of style, it's Lebron and it took him d-wade and bosh to do that. İf Clippers are to succeed, they better let Blake to take over scoring wise and find a second scorer who will score at c-paul's level.

Cracka2HI!
04-21-2014, 02:40 AM
It's on Blake not CP3. CP3 may still be the better player(debatable) but Blake is the best scorer and Face of the Clippers. The Clippers are Blake's team. CP3's words. Let see Blake stay out of foul trouble and stop dumping water on fans before we put it on CP3.

JJ_JKidd
04-21-2014, 03:54 AM
CP3 has been dubbed the best PG in the NBA for how many years now? No excuses this time around. Reaching the Finals will be a major achievement let alone winning a Chip. Anything less than that, he maybe better off taking his flopping/acting skills to Beverly Hills.

sammyvine
04-21-2014, 11:18 AM
CP0 LOOOL

Skip Bayless is a fool but that made me laugh

Stinkyoutsider
04-21-2014, 12:08 PM
I think this year Paul can be accountable if they don't at least get to the conference finals...

I always think in terms of equals. To make a run at a title, a star player has to have an equal on his team. A guy who's on his level, or at least close to it. It seems that Blake Griffin has stepped up and can be Paul's equal on this team so it would be a disappointment if the Clippers don't get far this year.

Paul did have David West in NO but I don't think West was close to Paul as far as equal talent.

There's not too many superstar players who've been able to do win a title on their own without having that teammate on their talent level imo.

NYKnickFanatic
04-21-2014, 12:10 PM
honestly the west is soo deep you cant really hold it against any one for losing to anyone. every series is a battle.

it would be different if he never past the first round. but in the west its hard to get past anyround really.

Unless you're named Carmelo.

sammyvine
04-21-2014, 07:36 PM
Unless you're named Carmelo.
true

I'm no fan of camelo and i believe he isn't good enough to win a ring as the number 1 option but his playoff record failures are always brought up. CP3's always get washed away.

ghettosean
04-27-2014, 06:26 PM
Bump...

I think what's going on with Sterling is a big distraction and CP3 will no doubt get a pass if they don't make it past the 1st round.

lol, please
04-27-2014, 06:28 PM
Bump...

I think what's going on with Sterling is a big distraction and CP3 will no doubt get a pass if they don't make it past the 1st round.

Sorry but no. No pass. Poor excuse. Stars show up when it matters most.