PDA

View Full Version : If Miami Three-peats...

Pages : [1] 2

Wade n Fade
04-18-2014, 05:31 PM
You have to say it is one of the most legendary runs in NBA history. Regardless of your opinion of them, if you also want to be objective, you would admit how impressive they are. Only a few teams have made it to 4 straight NBA finals. The Spurs didn't even make it to 4 straight NBA finals. Especially in this day and age. The league has so many teams in the West that are competitive and some are good in the East throughout the years (Boston, Chicago, etc.) The East is nothing compared to the West though, but Miami has shown success vs the West. 27 game winning streak, the 2nd longest in NBA history. Lebron James has had one of the best careers in NBA history. Dwyane Wade shows why he is one of the best SGs of all time as well. The team has been revolutionary too since it doesn't have a dominant bang in the post 5.

jerellh528
04-18-2014, 05:33 PM
Calm down boy. There's a long postseason ahead of them yet.

Supreme LA
04-18-2014, 05:36 PM
If they do 3-peat, it would be very impressive outside of the fact that they basically have a free pass to the finals every year in the East. Also, Lebron deserves much praise but D-Wade deserves almost none.

With that said, Lebron 3-peats and he is automatically vaulted into top-5 all-time for me.

P&GRealist
04-18-2014, 05:38 PM
If they do 3-peat, it would be very impressive outside of the fact that they basically a free pass to the finals every year in the East. Also, Lebron deserves much praise but D-Wade deserves almost none.

This reflects my sentiments as well.

Minimal
04-18-2014, 05:39 PM
If they do 3-peat, it would be very impressive outside of the fact that they basically a free pass to the finals every year in the East. Also, Lebron deserves much praise but D-Wade deserves almost none.
Here they go...

jerellh528
04-18-2014, 05:39 PM
Seriously? Without wade I can guarantee they don't have a single ring. And I don't like wade at all.

Dade County
04-18-2014, 05:41 PM
I feel the only way that the HEAT can get any real respect, is if they 5peat. Then sports reporters can compare that to the bulls, 2 three peats.

Supreme LA
04-18-2014, 05:43 PM
Here they go...

What do you mean? I'm just stating the obvious.

Supreme LA
04-18-2014, 05:44 PM
Seriously? Without wade I can guarantee they don't have a single ring. And I don't like wade at all.

The same could be said about Battier, Ray Allen last year, and Chris Bosh. What's your point? D-Wade didn't do much last postseason and is doing nothing this season.

Supreme LA
04-18-2014, 05:46 PM
I feel the only way that the HEAT can get any real respect, is if they 5peat. Then sports reporters can compare that to the bulls, 2 three peats.

Yeah, it would have to be 5-peat in a competitive conference for them to be placed along side that Bulls team for me. For now, the east is just crap so I don't think it means much for Miami to get to the Finals.

P&GRealist
04-18-2014, 05:47 PM
It's one thing to be winning a championship.

It's another thing to be actually a part of the journey and not levy such a heavy burden on your teammates, but instead taking of yourself in a manner where you can share that heavy load with the team.

For the greater part of the last 2 yrs, Dwyane Wade may have won last yrs title (and may even with this yrs title), but he hasn't been a part of that special journey, part of the progression, the improvement of the squad.

Minimal
04-18-2014, 05:53 PM
What about Indiana Pacers, Chicago Bulls and Boston Celtics teams they beat? Those teams were elite title contenders, and Heat beat them, because they were that good. You still meet the best team out of the west in the finals, and they beat them 2 out of 3 times. You probably also discredit Miami title in the 62 game season, don't you?

P&GRealist
04-18-2014, 06:03 PM
Dwyane Wade is like the Brock Lesnar of basketball. A part-timer who gets the benefits of showing up for the NBA Finals (while Lesnar shows up for Mania without doing much before that for the buildup) and get to reap the benefits as well (win the title to 3peat while Lesnar breaks the streak).

ThuglifeJ
04-18-2014, 06:04 PM
What about Indiana Pacers, Chicago Bulls and Boston Celtics teams they beat? Those teams were elite title contenders, and Heat beat them, because they were that good. You still meet the best team out of the west in the finals, and they beat them 2 out of 3 times. You probably also discredit Miami title in the 62 game season, don't you?

Weak

TheIlladelph16
04-18-2014, 06:29 PM
Dwyane Wade is like the Brock Lesnar of basketball. A part-timer who gets the benefits of showing up for the NBA Finals (while Lesnar shows up for Mania without doing much before that for the buildup) and get to reap the benefits as well (win the title to 3peat while Lesnar breaks the streak).

This is an amazing comparison haha

Mr.SmackYoMama
04-18-2014, 06:30 PM
OP......Your hard on is showing!

ManRam
04-18-2014, 06:48 PM
#ThreePetes

goingfor28
04-18-2014, 06:49 PM
Pete is my father's name

goingfor28
04-18-2014, 06:50 PM

Heat*

Bruno
04-18-2014, 06:54 PM
You have to say it is one of the most legendary runs in NBA history. Regardless of your opinion of them, if you also want to be objective, you would admit how impressive they are. Only a few teams have made it to 4 straight NBA finals. The Spurs didn't even make it to 4 straight NBA finals. Especially in this day and age. The league has so many teams in the West that are competitive and some are good in the East throughout the years (Boston, Chicago, etc.) The East is nothing compared to the West though, but Miami has shown success vs the West. 27 game winning streak, the 2nd longest in NBA history. Lebron James has had one of the best careers in NBA history. Dwyane Wade shows why he is one of the best SGs of all time as well. The team has been revolutionary too since it doesn't have a dominant bang in the post 5.

Jordans Bulls?

Bruno
04-18-2014, 06:55 PM

probably not but that doesn't mean Wade is what he use to be either.

replace Wades contract and spend that money on other players and this LeBron/Bosh lead heat team would probably be better at this point.

t_money25
04-18-2014, 06:58 PM

replace Wades contract and spend that money on other players and this LeBron/Bosh lead heat team would probably be better at this point.

Agreed

Bruno
04-18-2014, 06:58 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NcqSfAHvuAo

kobe4thewinbang
04-18-2014, 07:04 PM
It'll be the first 3-peat since the Kobe & Shaq Lakers, so I will be impressed. But c'mon, they have so much talent, honestly they should be winning every year, whereas the Lakers had Medvedenko and Mark Madsen.

B'sCeltsPatsSox
04-18-2014, 07:17 PM
It'll be the first 3-peat since the Kobe & Shaq Lakers, so I will be impressed. But c'mon, they have so much talent, honestly they should be winning every year, whereas the Lakers had Medvedenko and Mark Madsen.

That should be used as an argument against them? Three-peating wouldn't be impressive because they're too talented?

Oh and Madsen was averaging 4 mpg and 2 mpg in his two championship years in the playoffs.

Minimal
04-18-2014, 07:17 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NcqSfAHvuAo
First thing I thought off when I read the title lol

ohreally
04-18-2014, 07:25 PM
Ain't happening anyway, so what's the point?

kobe4thewinbang
04-18-2014, 07:30 PM
That should be used as an argument against them? Three-peating wouldn't be impressive because they're too talented?That is precisely why a 3-peat should only be marginally impressive and a big reason why the team gets so much flack. For every Mark Madsen the Lakers had, the Heat has how many players whose eyes lit up at the prospect of an easy championship? Oh, and they have Chris Bosh, D-Wade & LeBron freakin' James.

archdevil84
04-18-2014, 07:35 PM
That is precisely why a 3-peat should only be marginally impressive and a big reason why the team gets so much flack. For every Mark Madsen the Lakers had, the Heat has how many players whose eyes lit up at the prospect of an easy championship? Oh, and they have Chris Bosh, D-Wade & LeBron freakin' James.

LeBron FREAKIN james! ohyeahhhh

B'sCeltsPatsSox
04-18-2014, 07:40 PM
That is precisely why a 3-peat should only be marginally impressive and a big reason why the team gets so much flack. For every Mark Madsen the Lakers had, the Heat has how many players whose eyes lit up at the prospect of an easy championship? Oh, and they have Chris Bosh, D-Wade & LeBron freakin' James.

And the Lakers had Shaq who had one of the greatest 3 year stretches ever in NBA history at a position that was so weak at the time. Another all star in Kobe, as well as Glen Rice, Rick Fox, Derek Fisher who wasn't that bad back then, Robert Horry, Lindsey Hunter and more. And like I said earlier, Madsen didn't even average 5 mpg in the playoffs.

bathroom_man
04-18-2014, 07:49 PM
Indiana, chicago & boston teams are terrible teams compare to a san antonio, portland & sacramento team. All been there done that. What has indiana, chicago done besides boston. Not impressive at all 3 peat ar all. Pretty much a given

RateSports
04-18-2014, 08:07 PM
And the Lakers had Shaq who had one of the greatest 3 year stretches ever in NBA history at a position that was so weak at the time. Another all star in Kobe, as well as Glen Rice, Rick Fox, Derek Fisher who wasn't that bad back then, Robert Horry, Lindsey Hunter and more. And like I said earlier, Madsen didn't even average 5 mpg in the playoffs.

This guy speaks truth.

If we are playing the Madsen game, then the Heat won a title with Juan Howard and Dexter Pittman.

sammyvine
04-18-2014, 08:11 PM
its not their fault but i won't call them one of the best ever

the east is pathetic. miami won't have to break sweat until they play the pacers imo. if they were playing in the west the clippers, golden state, memphis would all give them tough games in the early rounds.

again its not miamis fault but it is what it is.

ThuglifeJ
04-18-2014, 08:27 PM
Seriously not to be a urban grammar Nazi but who the hell calls it three PETE

RateSports
04-18-2014, 08:41 PM
Indiana, chicago & boston teams are terrible teams compare to a san antonio, portland & sacramento team. All been there done that. What has indiana, chicago done besides boston. Not impressive at all 3 peat ar all. Pretty much a given

So Chicago with Derrick Rose is terrible?
Indiana with their talent is terrible?
Boston was completely legitimate and took the Heat to 7 games?

Supreme LA
04-18-2014, 09:34 PM

During the Heat 3-peat run they've only had to face Chicago with Rose one time, a inexperienced Pacer team who is now imploding, and an aging Boston team one year that took them to 7. This season is a joke as far as competition in the East. Let's not make it sound like they've had to battle or were pushed to their limits each postseason.

The point is that had the Heat had to battle through the West each postseason to win their titles it would be much more impressive than what they are dealing with in the East. Anybody who denies that is just a fool. The East is a cake walk for Miami and that is exactly why a lot of NBA fans find their 3-peat marginally impressive. If you can't see that then I don't know what else to tell you.

Supreme LA
04-18-2014, 09:35 PM
This guy speaks truth.

If we are playing the Madsen game, then the Heat won a title with Juan Howard and Dexter Pittman.

And D-Wade deserves as much credit as Juwan Howard at this point.

Supreme LA
04-18-2014, 09:38 PM

Let's not get into this. Everyone should know by now that great teams win championships.

slashsnake
04-18-2014, 09:39 PM
Last year was pretty amazing. Wade, Allen, and Bosh have their worst post-seasons of their careers and Miami wins a ring with it. Sure the East isn't the strongest conference but they still beat the best teams in the west and were quite dominant against all the west teams in the regular season.

You could look at the Bulls 2nd threepeat and said the East was the weaker conference. Indiana and Miami as their biggest opponents, while the West had the Jazz, Sonics, Rockets, startup of the Lakers....

You could also say that IF Miami won it all this year, them beating the Spurs, Thunder, and whomever this year, is more impressive than the Pacers, Nets, and 76ers the Lakers beat to win championships.

In the end its a 3 peat. Nobody cares the Lakers didn't beat great teams on the biggest stage.

Supreme LA
04-18-2014, 09:46 PM
Last year was pretty amazing. Wade, Allen, and Bosh have their worst post-seasons of their careers and Miami wins a ring with it. Sure the East isn't the strongest conference but they still beat the best teams in the west and were quite dominant against all the west teams in the regular season.

You could look at the Bulls 2nd threepeat and said the East was the weaker conference. Indiana and Miami as their biggest opponents, while the West had the Jazz, Sonics, Rockets, startup of the Lakers....

You could also say that IF Miami won it all this year, them beating the Spurs, Thunder, and whomever this year, is more impressive than the Pacers, Nets, and 76ers the Lakers beat to win championships.

In the end its a 3 peat. Nobody cares the Lakers didn't beat great teams on the biggest stage.

Regular season games mean very little. The stakes aren't as high and you're often catching a team coming off a back to back or more or less rest. You yourself agknowledge the weakness of the East as far as competition. They basically have a pass to the Finals every year and that's how the big 3 in Miami colluded to make it that way.

They certainly have tough competition in the Finals and that is why a 3-peat will always be impressive. It's just not as impressive as if they had to battle through the West to get their title. If you can't see that than I don't know what to say to you.

And you're looking at it all wrong as far as competition. Who they face in the Finals means very little to me as it is just one round. If they had to battle 3 rounds against the best teams in the league it would be much more impressive than just having to face one tough team in the final round.

NBA_Starter
04-18-2014, 09:46 PM
They will be one of the best no doubt!

bathroom_man
04-18-2014, 09:57 PM

what talent on indiana? , west days with the hornets are gone, hibbert is a fat pig, george hill is a nobody stephenson is nothing special. only george has talents but hes still young and inexperience.

chicago was good regular season but rose and the bulls lack playoff experiences.
boston was the best of the bunch. the big 3 were on their last legs but they had playoffs experience.
oh and they beat a inexperience thunder team.

only props i give them is beating SA last year

freejimmer
04-18-2014, 09:58 PM
It will be the least respected 3-peat of all time.

You can book that.

Lakers + Giants
04-18-2014, 10:05 PM
If they 3 peat it would be impressive. Still not top 5 dynasty of all time but pretty damn close. They'd be 7th imo if they 3 peat.

Avenged
04-18-2014, 10:07 PM
Mr. Petes Burgers. :drool:

ill be back.

Avenged
04-18-2014, 10:08 PM
Pathetic

So the championship games Vs the spurs and okc were givin to?

GTFO of here the thirst for hate is very apparent

I saw a couple laker fans an other teams fans joining on I'm the comments to

If your team is in the lottery or not even .500 you should prolly keep your mouth closed lmao

you sure showed him.

Vinny642
04-18-2014, 10:14 PM
I wish the Pelicans were in the East, we would be one of the best teams in that sorry excuse of a Conference.

sep11ie
04-18-2014, 10:33 PM
Miami has 3 Petes?

KnicksorBust
04-18-2014, 10:40 PM
They wont just 3peat. They will 4-peat.

beasted86
04-18-2014, 10:52 PM
I love PSD logic. This site has taught me so much about basketball that I was ignorant about before. This is where "the #1-4 seed in the East is weaker than the #8 seed in the West, despite the Champion coming out of the East" happens.

Even though the HEAT faced the Bulls, Celtics, and Pacers over the past 3 years, those teams are basically just as bad as the Bucks. The HEAT get to play the Bucks 3 times for the first 3 rounds and cakewalk into the Finals. The Bulls, Celtics, or Pacers are just scrub teams that wouldn't even make the playoffs out West!

beasted86
04-18-2014, 11:09 PM
During the Heat 3-peat run they've only had to face Chicago with Rose one time, a inexperienced Pacer team who is now imploding, and an aging Boston team one year that took them to 7. This season is a joke as far as competition in the East. Let's not make it sound like they've had to battle or were pushed to their limits each postseason.

The point is that had the Heat had to battle through the West each postseason to win their titles it would be much more impressive than what they are dealing with in the East. Anybody who denies that is just a fool. The East is a cake walk for Miami and that is exactly why a lot of NBA fans find their 3-peat marginally impressive. If you can't see that then I don't know what else to tell you.
I'm really trying to buy this logic, but I need a better seller... so let me ask some questions.

Why was it then when LeBron was in Cleveland and cake-walked past the Wizards or Bulls or Iverson Pistons in earlier rounds that they still got rocked easily by a real team in later rounds?

Why didn't this "they get to save their energy" logic apply and help them back then?

Which is it that you are saying exactly anyway?
A) The HEAT were truly the best team the past 2 years anyway, but were aided by an easy trip to the Finals, so this downgrades the all-time significance.
-OR-
B) The HEAT were not the best team, but because of an easy EC, they had more energy to beat a better team in the Finals

If its A, how can you penalize them for being the best and playing up to their ability? Does that mean half of the Celtics and Lakers stacked roster championships don't really count?
If its B, why didn't an easy EC work in Cleveland when they were sweeping teams and getting multiple days off to rest and strategize? At what point does the logic backtrack and the better team simply always wins when we are talking about 4 out of 7 games?

Supreme LA
04-19-2014, 12:39 AM
I'm really trying to buy this logic, but I need a better seller... so let me ask some questions.

Why was it then when LeBron was in Cleveland and cake-walked past the Wizards or Bulls or Iverson Pistons in earlier rounds that they still got rocked easily by a real team in later rounds?

Why didn't this "they get to save their energy" logic apply and help them back then?

Which is it that you are saying exactly anyway?
A) The HEAT were truly the best team the past 2 years anyway, but were aided by an easy trip to the Finals, so this downgrades the all-time significance.
-OR-
B) The HEAT were not the best team, but because of an easy EC, they had more energy to beat a better team in the Finals

If its A, how can you penalize them for being the best and playing up to their ability? Does that mean half of the Celtics and Lakers stacked roster championships don't really count?
If its B, why didn't an easy EC work in Cleveland when they were sweeping teams and getting multiple days off to rest and strategize? At what point does the logic backtrack and the better team simply always wins when we are talking about 4 out of 7 games?

Ofcourse you don't buy real logic, you're a Heat fan. As such, it's pointless to try and teach you anything about objectivity so I'll leave you to your own opinions as you should leave the rest of us to ours. Everything you point out means absolutely squat to anybody but brings meaning to you. If you can't understand my logic it has everything to do with you and you're allowed to construe reason to however things may fit in that thick head of yours. As I said in my original post, I don't know what else to say to you.

Supreme LA
04-19-2014, 12:42 AM
I love PSD logic. This site has taught me so much about basketball that I was ignorant about before. This is where "the #1-4 seed in the East is weaker than the #8 seed in the West, despite the Champion coming out of the East" happens.

Even though the HEAT faced the Bulls, Celtics, and Pacers over the past 3 years, those teams are basically just as bad as the Bucks. The HEAT get to play the Bucks 3 times for the first 3 rounds and cakewalk into the Finals. The Bulls, Celtics, or Pacers are just scrub teams that wouldn't even make the playoffs out West!

Typical child. You're basically speaking out of your *** because no one made such a claim.

goingfor28
04-19-2014, 01:02 AM

Heat*
or
BULLS* CELTICS* PACERS BUCKS*

ztilzer31
04-19-2014, 01:11 AM
Heat*
or

Unless there's some sort of super secret Heat fan only acronym.

mngopher35
04-19-2014, 01:13 AM
Ofcourse you don't buy real logic, you're a Heat fan. As such, it's pointless to try and teach you anything about objectivity so I'll leave you to your own opinions as you should leave the rest of us to ours. Everything you point out means absolutely squat to anybody but brings meaning to you. If you can't understand my logic it has everything to do with you and you're allowed to construe reason to however things may fit in that thick head of yours. As I said in my original post, I don't know what else to say to you.

Instead of answering you bash him for being a heat fan? Just because he wants to defend his team doesn't mean his opinion automatically has no merit. I disagree with some of your answers too actually.

Last year the Spurs went through the lakers (no Kobe), warriors, and memphis to get to the finals. I don't see that as a earth shattering upgrade in difficulty really. Sure it would have been a bit harder in the west but I think you are exaggerating the difference here as I don't think the first two rounds would knock the heat out in either conference and memphis wasn't that much better than the pacers.

Also you have called it a "cakewalk" "pass" or something similar for them in the east but both years the ECF went to 7 games. Now if you want to say the competition wasn't as great I can understand that for sure but it was anything but a cakewalk for them. With injuries to Bosh the first year with Wade slightly below his par and then last year when injuries just took Wade out it has been anything but a cakewalk for the Heat.

I think there are some extra factors when trying to judge this team. The biggest issue I have is are we rating them as all being healthy (like when people call it one of the most talented teams ever) or how they are injured (well bosh one year and wade especially last year) in the playoffs where the injuries make their titles extremely difficult each year (down 2-1 to indy then 3-2 to Boston in first year with bosh out: last year went to game 7 in ECF and were down 3-2 in finals so 5 elimination game wins in 2 years).

Overall I think it is hard to rank this team top 5 because even when healthy they have some flaws in how they are built with their lack of size and the fact that their two best players have overlapping skill sets. That being said I don't think everything you said is 100% true and that heat fan has every right to question some of your thoughts.

jerellh528
04-19-2014, 01:16 AM
3 peat will almost be half way to not 5, not 6, not 7. That would be amazing.

goingfor28
04-19-2014, 01:49 AM
3 peat will almost be half way to not 5, not 6, not 7. That would be amazing.

:rimshot:

NYKnickFanatic
04-19-2014, 03:48 AM
3 Petes lol

Dade County
04-19-2014, 04:06 AM

You can book that.

Thats way they need to 5 peat.

They wont just 3peat. They will 4-peat.

:)

shep33
04-19-2014, 04:10 AM
3 peating is always special, and it would be a great accomplishment. But I don't think it's as impressive as the Lakers 3-peat with Shaq and Kobe. The East is such a joke (as they were for the most part in the Jordan era). I mean this year, I would bet anything that Miami would still make the ECF without Wade.

As great as Miami is, if they were in the west, I don't think they 3 peat this year, and it's not to say that they aren't better than some teams they'd play out west, but each series would be pretty grueling. It's a huge difference going against teams like the Bobcats, Nets/Raps, and Pacers as opposed to Memphis, OKC/Clips, and the Spurs.

Minimal
04-19-2014, 07:08 AM
3 peating is always special, and it would be a great accomplishment. But I don't think it's as impressive as the Lakers 3-peat with Shaq and Kobe. The East is such a joke (as they were for the most part in the Jordan era). I mean this year, I would bet anything that Miami would still make the ECF without Wade.

As great as Miami is, if they were in the west, I don't think they 3 peat this year, and it's not to say that they aren't better than some teams they'd play out west, but each series would be pretty grueling. It's a huge difference going against teams like the Bobcats, Nets/Raps, and Pacers as opposed to Memphis, OKC/Clips, and the Spurs.
Yeah, but Heat proved to have no problem against Western Conference teams, they have a great record against them and the only teams they might have problems with are the Spurs and maybe Memphis.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
04-19-2014, 07:54 AM

I been thinking that for a while now. Next time big 3 due for new contracts. Wade should take a paycut to lure in another player. Wade should get $10M instead of close to $20M. That extra $10M elsewhere would go a long way to keep the rings coming. Cause once Wade breaks down I doubt Heat can handle a max cap slot wasted. Duncan took a step back and accepted a paycut so his team could get their rightful payday.

bathroom_man
04-19-2014, 09:08 AM
Yeah, but Heat proved to have no problem against Western Conference teams, they have a great record against them and the only teams they might have problems with are the Spurs and maybe Memphis.

the regular season games means diggling swat. Nets beat the heat 4x. Plus they only play them twice.

HuRRiCaNeS324
04-19-2014, 11:22 AM
Haven't been to PSD in while. Can't believe there's still this hatred for the HEAT lol.

Wether you guys like it or not, this Miami Heat team will go down as one of the best and one of the most revolutionary. Enjoy hearing about this team for the next 50 years :D:D:D:D:D:D

nickdymez
04-19-2014, 12:26 PM
People have to stop with this. It's like you only see numbers with no context around here. Whenever someone argues a point here, all they point out is numbers. It would be impressive if they did 3peat but, they haven't fought at all against any real teams. look at Dallas' s run, they played finals level competition pretty much every round of the playoffs. Lakers and the spurs had to go through battles before reaching the finals. The Heat are far superior to any team in the east these past few years with the exception of the spurs last year. They also had a good series with the bulls a few years back (The year they lost).

Bring The Heat
04-19-2014, 01:13 PM
Winning back to back championships against The Thunder with James Harden and against the San Antonio Spurs after a hard fought 7 game series against Indiana is no joke. That is an impressive accomplishment regardless of what you think about the "East"...

To base your opinion on "Oh if Miami was in the west"... How the hell do you know Miami wouldn't take care of business in the west too? We've beat plenty of teams out there plenty of times and on the biggest stage in the world.

I've come to the realization that no matter what Miami does if even they were to win the next 5 championships that haters would still make up wack excuses to downplay their accomplishments

benzni
04-19-2014, 01:18 PM
Heat will sweep everyone for the three pete

SportsFanatic10
04-19-2014, 01:45 PM

you were getting close before...but now you've just gone full ******! :laugh2:

goingfor28
04-19-2014, 01:53 PM
Cute. The title was fixed.

ILLUSIONIST^248
04-19-2014, 03:12 PM

Lmao!! It will be the most watered down run of all time you mean. They have oh beat one quality team in the past 3 years.

Wade n Fade
04-19-2014, 03:18 PM
Lmao!! It will be the most watered down run of all time you mean. They have oh beat one quality team in the past 3 years.

OKC? Three all-star caliber players on one roster at the time. San Antonio? Great team. San Antonio again? Another good team.

P&GRealist
04-19-2014, 04:21 PM

But there is a huge difference playing 30 games against the other conference and 52 games against your own conference.

Teams in your own conference have more experience facing you, they have a more extensive scouting report, mostly all cities are within a 1 1/2 - 2 hr flight within each other, you can send your scouts etc to other teams games. Easier to navigate around.

The Heat really only have to do scouting on 2-3 fellow East teams while they have all the time in the world to scout on the West teams while the West teams are beating the crap out of each other night in and night out from regular season game #1 to regular season game #82.

Being elite in the east is about relaxation and chilling. Being elite or pretty good in the West is a nightly thought of "damn, let's survive this night, we gotta flight out to Utah or Denver 2 or 3 am in a few hours. The life of a West team is much more hectic, much more stressful. It's a fight for survival. Just see what Memphis, Dallas and Phoenix were doing down to the wire.

The Heat have, do, and will have it really really really good for years to come.

Supreme LA
04-19-2014, 04:22 PM
OKC? Three all-star caliber players on one roster at the time. San Antonio? Great team. San Antonio again? Another good team.

OKC was very young and inexperienced. I'll give you San Antonio but that still only means the Heat have only faced one great team during each postseason to get their rings. The point is that they haven't had to battle through the East whatsoever. They have basically had 3 easy rounds and 1 tough round and that's just how it is in the East.

I'm not trying to discredit the Heat 3-peat but if you're gonna make the comparison to other 3-peat teams they simply haven't had to face very much adversity or competition at all.

Bring The Heat
04-19-2014, 04:31 PM
Nobody is saying the Heat will have the greatest 3 peat team of all time... All were saying is that the heat should go down in the history books and be recognized... It hasn't been done since the Lakers with Kobe/Shaq... It should be respected that's all I'm going to say. There is no such thing as easy championship in the NBA you are crazy and don't know anything about basketball if you say that

Bring The Heat
04-19-2014, 04:34 PM
The Heat beat the Bulls when they had the best record in the league and Rose was an MVP that year, The Heat have had to overcome Indiana's size. We beat OKC with James Harden, Westbrook, and Durant all on the same team.. and people now discrediting that series to "inexperience" when I clearly remember the analysts and MAJORITY of PSD members choosing OKC to win that series and we took them out IN FIVE... Let me repeat FIVE. The following year to beat The Spurs who again I remember everyone picking to beat us.... What else to The Heat have to prove? Lol they beat these teams in the biggest stage of the world.

ManRam
04-19-2014, 05:03 PM
History will be more kind to the Heat than we presently are now. Emotions become less of a factor over time. Removing those emotions will only help their perception.

Supreme LA
04-19-2014, 06:20 PM
Nobody is saying the Heat will have the greatest 3 peat team of all time... All were saying is that the heat should go down in the history books and be recognized... It hasn't been done since the Lakers with Kobe/Shaq... It should be respected that's all I'm going to say. There is no such thing as easy championship in the NBA you are crazy and don't know anything about basketball if you say that

There is no easy road to a championship but there are easier roads to the Finals and that's the case with the Heat.

Supreme LA
04-19-2014, 06:21 PM
The Heat beat the Bulls when they had the best record in the league and Rose was an MVP that year, The Heat have had to overcome Indiana's size. We beat OKC with James Harden, Westbrook, and Durant all on the same team.. and people now discrediting that series to "inexperience" when I clearly remember the analysts and MAJORITY of PSD members choosing OKC to win that series and we took them out IN FIVE... Let me repeat FIVE. The following year to beat The Spurs who again I remember everyone picking to beat us.... What else to The Heat have to prove? Lol they beat these teams in the biggest stage of the world.

Wrong. Heat were the heavy favorites.

Bring The Heat
04-19-2014, 06:32 PM
Wrong. Heat were the heavy favorites.

Heavy favorites against who?! Heat were not heavy favorites against OKC and neither San Antonio.. I clearly remember majority of PSD members choosing OKC along with TV analysts

beasted86
04-19-2014, 07:41 PM
Heat*
or
The team's name is the Miami HEAT. If you go to the official website that is the way it's always been spelled in all their own publications. The team's logo is "HEAT" not "Heat"

Even though it's the correct spelling, I and other fans don't feel the need to go around correcting people... But it goes a long way in pointing out who the people that hate Miami when they feel some type of way about the correct spelling of the team name and are mad that you are spelling it like that. I guess you guys feel it's some type of elitist approach to talking about the team or something... I don't honestly know. I have no clue why it bothers you clowns, but it's just the only logical idea why I can think it would bother anyone.

The reason is actually simple why it's "HEAT" it's so you know that's who you're talking about. Not the multiple movies or books or magazines by that title, not the weather or temperature, not WWE, not the music bands or album titles, etc. There is only one HEAT. But forget the team trying to name itself HEAT and create some type of marketing and media separation, and fans simply following suit... we need to get off our high horse and call them another name.

goingfor28
04-19-2014, 07:43 PM
The team's name is the Miami HEAT. If you go to the official website that is the way it's always been spelled in all their own publications. The team's logo is "HEAT" not "Heat"

Even though it's the correct spelling, I and other fans don't feel the need to go around correcting people... But it goes a long way in pointing out who the people that hate Miami when they feel some type of way about the correct spelling of the team name and are mad that you are spelling it like that. I guess you guys feel it's some type of elitist approach to talking about the team or something... I don't honestly know. I have no clue why it bothers you clowns, but it's just the only logical idea why I can think it would bother anyone.

The reason is actually simple why it's "HEAT" it's so you know that's who you're talking about. Not the multiple movies or books or magazines by that title, not the weather or temperature, not WWE, not the music bands or album titles, etc. There is only one HEAT. But forget the team trying to name itself HEAT and create some type of marketing and media separation, and fans simply following suit... we need to get off or high horse and call them another name.

:facepalm:

Almost 3 very teams jersey is in all caps

beasted86
04-19-2014, 08:07 PM

Well, just like I asked the question to another poster and he full on dodged it, I'll ask again.

At what point does the better team simply always win when we are talking about a 7 game series? Do you have a couple of real examples of a better team simply losing because of fatigue in a late playoff round?

I've been watching basketball a long time, and have never seen a fan dare use such a lame excuse such as "if that last series didn't go to 7 games, we would have definitely beat you in this round!"... because if anyone tried that nonsense they would be flamed to internet death. To me, the best team is always simply the best team. But I would like to hear some examples of you have, excluding cases of primary players getting injured in a series.

beasted86
04-19-2014, 08:09 PM
:facepalm:

Almost 3 very teams jersey is in all caps

Not all time, but it's likely you just started watching basketball and wouldn't know this.

goingfor28
04-19-2014, 08:11 PM
Not all time, but it's likely you just started watching basketball and wouldn't know this.

Just started watching it tomorrow actually

PhillyFaninLA
04-19-2014, 08:11 PM

Look you have fingers, as I press keys letters show up on screen, I am breathing air, night is darker than day.....see I can post blatantly obvious things too, that add to discussion.

PhillyFaninLA
04-19-2014, 08:12 PM
The same could be said about Battier, Ray Allen last year, and Chris Bosh. What's your point? D-Wade didn't do much last postseason and is doing nothing this season.

You can go to just about any champion ever and take the number 2 off ans say the same thing the person you are quoting did....of course you don't win in that situation.

PhillyFaninLA
04-19-2014, 08:13 PM
Yeah, it would have to be 5-peat in a competitive conference for them to be placed along side that Bulls team for me. For now, the east is just crap so I don't think it means much for Miami to get to the Finals.

So you don't give them credit for beating a Western Conference team in the finals and you don't give them credit for playing the teams in front of them.

Bring The Heat
04-19-2014, 08:15 PM
Well, just like I asked the question to another poster and he full on dodged it, I'll ask again.

At what point does the better team simply always win when we are talking about a 7 game series? Do you have a couple of real examples of a better team simply losing because of fatigue in a late playoff round?

I've been watching basketball a long time, and have never seen a fan dare use such a lame excuse such as "if that last series didn't go to 7 games, we would have definitely beat you in this round!"... because if anyone tried that nonsense they would be flamed to internet death. To me, the best team is always simply the best team. But I would like to hear some examples of you have, excluding cases of primary players getting injured in a series.

In fact, didn't The HEAT come off a grueling physical 7 game series against Indiana going into the finals with the Spurs who had finished their series in less games and had more time to rest? I believe the Heat only had like 1-2 days to recover and start the series with San Antonio and we still won

PhillyFaninLA
04-19-2014, 08:15 PM
That should be used as an argument against them? Three-peating wouldn't be impressive because they're too talented?

Oh and Madsen was averaging 4 mpg and 2 mpg in his two championship years in the playoffs.

The person you are quoting said that it is impressive in the first sentence so you are changing what they said in your response.

Supreme LA
04-19-2014, 08:19 PM
Heavy favorites against who?! Heat were not heavy favorites against OKC and neither San Antonio.. I clearly remember majority of PSD members choosing OKC along with TV analysts

Against OKC. You clearly were delusional if you remembered otherwise. I don't what to say to you.

Alayla
04-19-2014, 08:20 PM

Becuase the lakers have NEVER had this nope not one bit :P (GP and Malone)
It just doesnt work out when the lakers stack.

Supreme LA
04-19-2014, 08:21 PM
So you don't give them credit for beating a Western Conference team in the finals and you don't give them credit for playing the teams in front of them.

I do give them credit for beating a Western Conference team in the Finals, but San Antonio only. I'm not really impressed that they beat a very inexperienced OKC team. With that said, they easily could have lost to San Antonio as well and to me, that was the only real team they've ever been tested by aside from the aging Boston team that took them to game 7.

Just by comparison, I don't find their run as impressive as other 3-peat teams who had to battle tougher teams to reach the finals.

I really don't understand why some of you guys are acting like the Heat dont have a cake walk to the Finals this year.

Supreme LA
04-19-2014, 08:25 PM
Becuase the lakers have NEVER had this nope not one bit :P (GP and Malone)
It just doesnt work out when the lakers stack.

No need to respond to that. It's clear by now that it takes great teams to win titles. No one does it by themselves.

bathroom_man
04-19-2014, 08:36 PM
If u take bosh from toronto and janes from cle. Who is there to beat, the Pacers?

Bring The Heat
04-19-2014, 08:38 PM
I do give them credit for beating a Western Conference team in the Finals, but San Antonio only. I'm not really impressed that they beat a very inexperienced OKC team. With that said, they easily could have lost to San Antonio as well and to me, that was the only real team they've ever been tested by aside from the aging Boston team that took them to game 7.

Just by comparison, I don't find their run as impressive as other 3-peat teams who had to battle tougher teams to reach the finals.

I really don't understand why some of you guys are acting like the Heat dont have a cake walk to the Finals this year.

Dude your a straight up hater seriously... That "inexperienced" team got through the so called Godly Western Conference you praise so much and beat a experienced San Antonio team in the conference finals to get there. So it's not impressive the heat were able to defeat this team in five games? LOL wow man stop letting the hate consume you so much to where you can't even make a unbiased opinion. OKC was an elite team and had a lot of depth/size which was advantage over The Heat. Like I showed you above they were actually favored to beat us.

Supreme LA
04-19-2014, 08:38 PM
If u take bosh from toronto and janes from cle. Who is there to beat, the Pacers?

Well that's why the 3 colluded to begin with. There's no doubt they had that in mind and that is to give themselves the easiest road to finals with the least resistance or competition.

Supreme LA
04-19-2014, 08:39 PM
Dude your a straight up hater seriously... That "inexperienced" team got through the so called Godly Western Conference you praise so much and beat a experienced San Antonio team in the conference finals to get there. So it's not impressive the heat were able to defeat this team in five games? LOL wow man stop letting the hate consume you so much to where you can't even make a unbiased opinion. OKC was an elite team and had a lot of depth/size which was advantage over The Heat. Like I showed you above they were actually favored to beat us.

Am I a hater or are you just a Heat lover? You're really not one to speak on such a thing as it's clear you have no objectivity.

Bring The Heat
04-19-2014, 08:41 PM
Nice, you found some evidence to support your claim. Still doesn't disprove the fact that OKC was inexperienced and still doesn't sway anybody from their opinion of the weak Eastern conference or the fact that the Heat have a cake walk to the Finals this year. Good job though.

You were so confident in your statement " The Heavy favorites" even using as part of your argument as to why the Heat's win wasn't impressive along with calling me delusional.. I had to bring up the evidence to shut your *** up... I knew I was right all along it only took me 10 seconds to look it up. Just goes to show how incredibly biased your opinion is towards the Miami Heat.

Bring The Heat
04-19-2014, 08:43 PM
Am I a hater or are you just a Heat lover? You're really not one to speak on such a thing as it's clear you have no objectivity.

Your obviously a huge Heat hater to say beating that OKC team with Durant/Westbrook/Harden in 5 games was not impressive

Supreme LA
04-19-2014, 08:44 PM
You were so confident in your statement " The Heavy favorites" even using as part of your argument as to why the Heat's win wasn't impressive along with calling me delusional.. I had to bring up the evidence to shut your *** up... I knew I was right all along it only took me 10 seconds to look it up. Just goes to show how incredibly biased your opinion is towards the Miami Heat.

And you don't have a bias? If you don't care to hear opposing opinions then just stick to your team forum. Not everyone is going to kiss your team's ***. They have a cake walk to the finals this year and the least amount of resistance/competition faced of all 3-peat teams. That's a pretty objective statement.

Supreme LA
04-19-2014, 08:46 PM
Your obviously a huge Heat hater to say beating that OKC team with Durant/Westbrook/Harden in 5 games was not impressive

It wasn't. Beating San Antonio was impressive. That's beside the point. The Heat have a cake walk to finals this year and it's clear their big 3 collude to ensure it be that way for the next few years.

Anyways, it's clear I've gotten you all riled up and I would love to continue this but I gotta go. Talk to you later.

Hardaway Here
04-19-2014, 08:49 PM
Idk why anyone is even responding to Supreme LA he is clearly a huge Heat hater if not a troll. You can complain about the watered down east all you want but at the end of the Day Miami beat the best team out West for the championship. You guys make it sound as if Miami just swept through the East to the finals when that wasn't the case at all. A 3 peat is impressive in any way shape or form. The Miami Heat has played more games then any other team the past 3 years making it the finals the last 3 years. So however watered down you want to call the east they have put in way more work period.

bathroom_man
04-19-2014, 09:02 PM
Idk why anyone is even responding to Supreme LA he is clearly a huge Heat hater if not a troll. You can complain about the watered down east all you want but at the end of the Day Miami beat the best team out West for the championship. You guys make it sound as if Miami just swept through the East to the finals when that wasn't the case at all. A 3 peat is impressive in any way shape or form. The Miami Heat has played more games then any other team the past 3 years making it the finals the last 3 years. So however watered down you want to call the east they have put in way more work period.

they could have swept the eastern team if they wanted to. they took games off like the lakers did.

durant, westbrook, harden were nothing, no way in hell they gonna beat the heat especially after the heat just lost the finals previous yr.

and beating 3 old guys in san antonio is aight but they got real lucky game 6

Hardaway Here
04-19-2014, 09:06 PM
they could have swept the eastern team if they wanted to. they took games off like the lakers did.

durant, westbrook, harden were nothing, no way in hell they gonna beat the heat especially after the heat just lost the finals previous yr.

My problems with statements like this is like when it comes to the Heat people try to downplay it by saying stuff like that "3 old guys" why is that even necessary. Those "3 old guys" came out of the west so what does it say about the teams that didn't make it. Same with the Thunder team however inexperienced they were it doesn't mean anything cuz they were the ones that came out of the West in the end.

bathroom_man
04-19-2014, 09:10 PM
Well that's why the 3 colluded to begin with. There's no doubt they had that in mind and that is to give themselves the easiest road to finals with the least resistance or competition.

exactly, how can you lose with 3 big guns?

bathroom_man
04-19-2014, 09:17 PM
My problems with statements like this is like when it comes to the Heat people try to downplay it by saying stuff like that "3 old guys" why is that even necessary. Those "3 old guys" came out of the west so what does it say about the teams that didn't make it. Same with the Thunder team however inexperienced they were it doesn't mean anything cuz they were the ones that came out of the West in the end.

if duncan and ginobli was 5 yrs younger, i would be impress. 3 old men ran out of juice in game 7.

Hardaway Here
04-19-2014, 09:20 PM
if duncan and ginobli was 5 yrs younger, i would be impress. 3 old men ran out of juice in game 7.

Same could be said about a 5 year younger Wade and Ray Allen that goes both ways lmao

Bring The Heat
04-19-2014, 09:20 PM

LOL seriously these guys have no idea what they are talking about... Like you said these so called "Old Guys" came out of the West and this year won over 60 games.

bathroom_man
04-19-2014, 09:24 PM
Same could be said about a 5 year younger Wade and Ray Allen that goes both ways lmao

wth. what does a young wade and allen have to do with this?

bathroom_man
04-19-2014, 09:27 PM
LOL seriously these guys have no idea what they are talking about... Like you said these so called "Old Guys" came out of the West and this year won over 60 games.

so what. 60 wins team can lose in the first round, unlike miami, who could only lose in ECF & Finals

Hardaway Here
04-19-2014, 09:31 PM
wth. what does a young wade and allen have to do with this?

More of a Prime wade and a more agile Allen. They have a lot to do with if your going to bring age into it for 2 specific aging Spur players who you deem as not as what they once were due to age. Then you have to apply that to the Heat as well. Using your own variation of what could happen if they were younger but not apply it to the opposing team just shows your biased.

slashsnake
04-19-2014, 09:34 PM
It wasn't. Beating San Antonio was impressive. That's beside the point. The Heat have a cake walk to finals this year and it's clear their big 3 collude to ensure it be that way for the next few years.

Collude? lol, look at Boston or LA and the HOF talents that would just stay there together to form dynasties... You want to talk about just rolling in talent...

And after seeing what OKC did that year, that was impressive. Sweeping the previous years champions. Winning 4-1 over Kobe and the Lakers.. .Then 4-2 over the Spurs. That years spurs was their best team in the regular season in the past 3 years. Better than this years or last years. In a short season where you didn't have Parker, Duncan and Ginobili worn down after 82 games. It was insane. San Antonio was killing people until OKC dominated them in that series.

Yes to me that is impressive. They weren't a 7 seed that got healthy at the right time and lost their star vs. the heat. They weren't slipping by teams. They were ripping off 4 straight wins against the spurs by an average of 10 a game. What unimpressive team does that to them?

That team was on a roll there and dominating and they ran into an absolute brick wall in Miami.

bathroom_man
04-19-2014, 09:38 PM
More of a Prime wade and a more agile Allen. They have a lot to do with if your going to bring age into it for 2 specific aging Spur players who you deem as not as what they once were due to age. Then you have to apply that to the Heat as well. Using your own variation of what could happen if they were younger but not apply it to the opposing team just shows your biased.

it has nothing to do with that.. i was simply saying if they would have beaten a more hungrier/younger team in san anton, i be more impress. have nothing to do changing both teams

Hardaway Here
04-19-2014, 09:44 PM
it has nothing to do with that.. i was simply saying if they would have beaten a more hungrier/younger team in san anton, i be more impress. have nothing to do changing both teams

The thing I'm trying to say though is that it shouldn't matter just the fact they beat the best team out the West is enough to validate merit. However much it impresses you or not the Spurs proved they don't have to be that younger team. I won't say hungry team cuz they were obviously hungry or else they wouldn't have even been in the Finals. Plus the Heat was the older team last year I believe and are again this year over the Spurs if you go by the age average of the two teams

Bostonjorge
04-19-2014, 10:00 PM
Collude? lol, look at Boston or LA and the HOF talents that would just stay there together to form dynasties... You want to talk about just rolling in talent...

And after seeing what OKC did that year, that was impressive. Sweeping the previous years champions. Winning 4-1 over Kobe and the Lakers.. .Then 4-2 over the Spurs. That years spurs was their best team in the regular season in the past 3 years. Better than this years or last years. In a short season where you didn't have Parker, Duncan and Ginobili worn down after 82 games. It was insane. San Antonio was killing people until OKC dominated them in that series.

Yes to me that is impressive. They weren't a 7 seed that got healthy at the right time and lost their star vs. the heat. They weren't slipping by teams. They were ripping off 4 straight wins against the spurs by an average of 10 a game. What unimpressive team does that to them?

That team was on a roll there and dominating and they ran into an absolute brick wall in Miami.
Lakers were not the defending champs. Dallas had won the year before and eliminated OKC along the way.

Bostonjorge
04-19-2014, 10:44 PM
If heat 3 peat it will be the most watered down 3 peat ever. They beat no one and a bunch of 4th and 5th tier teams.

They played Rose once and the big 3 were all in there prime at the time. James and wade were both in the top 4 in scoring at the time. How is that impressive to beat a 2nd year guy with this Miami team.

OKC was to young. Chalmers and Shane both out played harden and even miller had a monster game. The big 3 were in prime form as well. How is this impressive when u have this much of an advantage.

Spurs were to old and hurt. Wade was hurt and bosh was not the bosh of the past 2 seasons. But ginobli was terrible gave them nothing a perfect example of being to old. Parker was balling but hurt his ankle and could barley play the last 2 games. Parker was the key without him then u get the results that happened. Duncan was not the Duncan finals MVP that can stay in the game in any situation but still playing at a good level.

Pacers......

None of these teams are the bird, magic, shaq, webber, pippen, Duncan, dream, Barkley, drexler, Malone, Payton and KG teams that all lost to other so called stacked teams on there way to greatness.

Bring The Heat
04-19-2014, 10:52 PM
If heat 3 peat it will be the most watered down 3 peat ever. They beat no one and a bunch of 4th and 5th tier teams.

They played Rose once and the big 3 were all in there prime at the time. James and wade were both in the top 4 in scoring at the time. How is that impressive to beat a 2nd year guy with this Miami team.

OKC was to young. Chalmers and Shane both out played harden and even miller had a monster game. The big 3 were in prime form as well. How is this impressive when u have this much of an advantage.

Spurs were to old and hurt. Wade was hurt and bosh was not the bosh of the past 2 seasons. But ginobli was terrible gave them nothing a perfect example of being to old. Parker was balling but hurt his ankle and could barley play the last 2 games. Parker was the key without him then u get the results that happened. Duncan was not the Duncan finals MVP that can stay in the game in any situation but still playing at a good level.

Pacers......

None of these teams are the bird, magic, shaq, webber, pippen, Duncan, dream, Barkley, drexler, Malone, Payton and KG teams that all lost to other so called stacked teams on there way to greatness.

Yep The Heat have accomplished nothing, they haven't beat anybody good.. It's watered down.. They are overrated. You got it bro. Great post... You really have an incredible mind for basketball and such an unbiased opinion.. There is no argument to be made.. Nice job man.

bathroom_man
04-19-2014, 10:53 PM

Pacers......

rock on

slashsnake
04-19-2014, 10:54 PM
Lakers were not the defending champs. Dallas had won the year before and eliminated OKC along the way.

No the Lakers weren't. They also weren't swept, but won 1 game. The defending champs were Dallas, who OKC swept in the first round.

Bring The Heat
04-19-2014, 10:56 PM
Spurs were old and hurt last year and OKC was inexperienced lmao.. The haters just keep making up new excuses... keep em coming...

bathroom_man
04-19-2014, 10:57 PM
The thing I'm trying to say though is that it shouldn't matter just the fact they beat the best team out the West is enough to validate merit. However much it impresses you or not the Spurs proved they don't have to be that younger team. I won't say hungry team cuz they were obviously hungry or else they wouldn't have even been in the Finals. Plus the Heat was the older team last year I believe and are again this year over the Spurs if you go by the age average of the two teams

so you have 3 young superstars, james, wade, bosh and the rest of the team are 40 yrs old against 3 old superstars in duncan, ginobli, parker and the rest are average age..

who the heck is gonna win?

man, u gotta take into account who is old, who is not, not the average team age crap

Hardaway Here
04-19-2014, 11:05 PM
so you have 3 young superstars, james, wade, bosh and the rest of the team are 40 yrs old against 3 old superstars in duncan, ginobli, parker and the rest are average age..

who the heck is gonna win?

man, u gotta take into account who is old, who is not, not the average team age crap

You brought up age not me your the one that's biased here not me give credit where credit is due. They won at the end of the day. You don't like the heat so it really doesn't matter who they play and beat because it will never be good enough in your eyes.

slashsnake
04-19-2014, 11:05 PM
Really, you can say any team was old, not experienced enough, too small, too slow, had Starks as their #2 option... You can say Jordan couldn't ever beat a prime piston team. You can say LA never played a good finals team... whatever.

In the end, the nobodies Miami have beaten include Rose his MVP year, Rondo, Garnett, Pierce, Allen, Duncan, Parker, Popovich, Melo, Stoudemire, Noah... not a weak list.

Crackadalic
04-19-2014, 11:26 PM
I hate the heat but come on

Saying their potential isn't anything special is like saying the lakers threepeat is not impressive either

They played a tough western conference to play
Indiana
Philly
Nets

Not exactly championship level teams

Heat played in a weaker conference yes but the east style of play is more of a grind with the bulls pacers celtics etc playing that rugged Easter conference basketball

And they went to three finals
Lost to the mavs in their 1st year
Won against okc with /Westbrook/harden/Durant/ibaka
Won against pop and the spurs in 7

If they win again it's an accomplishment in itself winning against the mighty western powerhouse

numba1CHANGsta
04-20-2014, 12:00 AM
Ehh I wouldn't consider the Heat as one of the greatest teams considering how poor the competition is in the East over the years. Also what did you expect from 3 superstar players playing on the same team in their prime? this was expected from them. I'd put an asterisk to their first championship considering they won it on a lockout season, and their second one was mostly because of Ray Allen.

nickdymez
04-20-2014, 12:01 AM

Saying their potential isn't anything special is like saying the lakers threepeat is not impressive either

Indiana
Philly
Nets

Heat played in a weaker conference yes but the east style of play is more of a grind with the bulls pacers celtics etc playing that rugged Easter conference basketball

If they win again it's an accomplishment in itself winning against the mighty western powerhouse

I guess you're forgetting the teams that they played in the western conference playoffs
. All were better teams than anyone the Heat has played in the playoffs

Crackadalic
04-20-2014, 12:06 AM
I guess you're forgetting the teams that they played in the western conference playoffs

Read it again

I said they played a tough western conference only to beat three east teams IMO just doesn't compare to other finals teams those years

Every team Miami face in the finals were legit title contenders

nickdymez
04-20-2014, 12:08 AM
Read it again

I said they played a tough western conference only to beat three east teams IMO just doesn't compare to other finals teams those years

Whatever man. Once Miami has to fight and battle their way, I can't compare. They played the bucks last year. Smh

mngopher35
04-20-2014, 01:19 AM

lol no they weren't. Thunder and Spurs were pretty much as good as any of those teams the Lakers faced. At the least it wasn't some drastic difference. I am not claiming the Heat have played tons of better teams either so don't even go there (in fact I would agree that Lakers team was more dominant/better), but this statement is wrong.

Whatever man. Once Miami has to fight and battle their way, I can't compare. They played the bucks last year. Smh

Ya, until the Heat go through a grueling 16-1 post season we won't really know if they can fight and battle through adversity. 5 elimination games in two years isn't battling at all. That spurs series was just a breeze.

I really can't believe some of you kobe/laker fans believe what you say. Why not try actually bringing in facts and rational points if you want to have a discussion? Instead you try to change history ("anyone who thinks the Thunder were favorites is delusional") and just have complete bias towards your own team or hate towards another ("every team the Lakers played is better than any team the Heat play").

slashsnake
04-20-2014, 02:26 AM
Ehh I wouldn't consider the Heat as one of the greatest teams considering how poor the competition is in the East over the years. Also what did you expect from 3 superstar players playing on the same team in their prime? this was expected from them. I'd put an asterisk to their first championship considering they won it on a lockout season, and their second one was mostly because of Ray Allen.

What did the lockout season do? Did it mean half the teams weren't able to compete and passed on playing that year? Or did it mean teams that had recently formed up together had less of an off-season and camp to work on getting things right? Are we pulling rings away from Duncan, Robinson, and Popovich and company too for winning in a lockout year? Why not pull every single one of Bill Russell's since he played in a 10 team league? Why does this one only get an asterisk? Oh because of the jerseys the team that won it wear...

And are you saying these guys are really in their prime? Last year Wade and Bosh had their worst post-seasons ever. That's prime? Have you actually seen Wade play lately vs. how he looked 8 years ago? If those two are in their prime right now, they sure aren't superstars... Sorry but 12 and 7 in the playoffs isn't superstar numbers to me. Caron Butler had a more productive playoff year for Miami than Bosh last year.

And the 2nd was mostly because of Ray Allen? He hit an AMAZING shot... But he was what? 1-6 heading into that shot with 3 points in 35 minutes out there. And game 7 he scored.... NOTHING. Ray Averaged 4.5 points on 25% shooting in games 6 and 7 of the finals and he is the biggest reason the heat won those two games? Yeah, sure. Without Ray maybe someone else is scoring more than 6 points at shooting guard in 35 minutes and Lebrons three wins it instead of makes it a one score game that gives Ray a shot to win it.

This one is rather interesting coming from a Laker fan. I must say that without Horry's three the lakers don't even get to play in the championship in 2002. He was a part of it, and a big one with that shot on the Kings in game 4. But Kobe was clearly the MVP of that series. Do you feel the same about Kobe? Guy who should have gone down as one of the biggest choke jobs in history bailed out by Horry? Just wondering if you change the color on the jersey if your belief holds true.

ILLUSIONIST^248
04-20-2014, 05:12 AM

Pacers......

Winner

PhillyFaninLA
04-20-2014, 05:41 AM

t_money25
04-20-2014, 11:07 AM
What did the lockout season do? Did it mean half the teams weren't able to compete and passed on playing that year? Or did it mean teams that had recently formed up together had less of an off-season and camp to work on getting things right? Are we pulling rings away from Duncan, Robinson, and Popovich and company too for winning in a lockout year? Why not pull every single one of Bill Russell's since he played in a 10 team league? Why does this one only get an asterisk? Oh because of the jerseys the team that won it wear...

And are you saying these guys are really in their prime? Last year Wade and Bosh had their worst post-seasons ever. That's prime? Have you actually seen Wade play lately vs. how he looked 8 years ago? If those two are in their prime right now, they sure aren't superstars... Sorry but 12 and 7 in the playoffs isn't superstar numbers to me. Caron Butler had a more productive playoff year for Miami than Bosh last year.

And the 2nd was mostly because of Ray Allen? He hit an AMAZING shot... But he was what? 1-6 heading into that shot with 3 points in 35 minutes out there. And game 7 he scored.... NOTHING. Ray Averaged 4.5 points on 25% shooting in games 6 and 7 of the finals and he is the biggest reason the heat won those two games? Yeah, sure. Without Ray maybe someone else is scoring more than 6 points at shooting guard in 35 minutes and Lebrons three wins it instead of makes it a one score game that gives Ray a shot to win it.

This one is rather interesting coming from a Laker fan. I must say that without Horry's three the lakers don't even get to play in the championship in 2002. He was a part of it, and a big one with that shot on the Kings in game 4. But Kobe was clearly the MVP of that series. Do you feel the same about Kobe? Guy who should have gone down as one of the biggest choke jobs in history bailed out by Horry? Just wondering if you change the color on the jersey if your belief holds true.

Great post.....it's funny how some of these posters don't even realize their contradictions because they're too focused on discrediting the Heat's accomplishments

Dade County
04-20-2014, 11:14 AM

Kind of an epic post here.

Cal827
04-20-2014, 11:22 AM

One thing to say: The Lakers got bailed out twice in that series, Tim Donaghy says hello :D

But seriously, / Thread. This is the best post here.

justinnum1
04-20-2014, 11:35 AM
:dance:

mjm07
04-20-2014, 11:42 AM
^^^ lmao

BCpatsox18
04-20-2014, 11:45 AM
If the heat were in the West I don't think it would be wrong to assume they would not be back to back champs and would not have a chance at a 3-peat. The East is so weak it's ridiculous. The Heat have basically a free pass every year, with the exception of having to beat one good team in the conference finals each year. Having to take a route to the postseason where you get beat up by the likes of Memphis, Dallas, Golden State, etc. and all the other strong low seeds in the West and I think they wear down, they just don't have the big men to stand up. That being said, I think they would have won one championship, just not go to three straight and possibly have the chance to three peat this year

Delrayhc
04-20-2014, 12:02 PM

Indiana
Philly
Nets

Yea but but but ......... great answer

Delrayhc
04-20-2014, 12:11 PM
Read it again

When someone has to answer with a whatever that's means that they have been stopped in their tracks. Every team faces weak and strong teams on their way to championships.

KobeOwnSU
04-20-2014, 12:12 PM
LeBron gonna get locked up in the finals by Kawhi anyway, so it isn't gonna happen.

mngopher35
04-20-2014, 12:15 PM
If the heat were in the West I don't think it would be wrong to assume they would not be back to back champs and would not have a chance at a 3-peat. The East is so weak it's ridiculous. The Heat have basically a free pass every year, with the exception of having to beat one good team in the conference finals each year. Having to take a route to the postseason where you get beat up by the likes of Memphis, Dallas, Golden State, etc. and all the other strong low seeds in the West and I think they wear down, they just don't have the big men to stand up. That being said, I think they would have won one championship, just not go to three straight and possibly have the chance to three peat this year

You said that the Heat have to beat one good team in the East each year which I can agree with. Here is who the Western conference champs have played outside of the WCF in the last two years:
Thunder
Mavs (swept, no longer had chandler middle of the pack srs,)
Lakers (4-1, a couple years removed from finals, Kobe and Pau not quite the same, middle of the pack srs)
Spurs
Lakers (swept, no Kobe, and even with him most of the year they barely made it into the playoffs)
Warriors (4-2, probably the best of the bunch, just above middle of the pack srs team but with the ability to light it up, not as good defensively as this year)

Now the Heat didn't play as good of teams as above but do you really think that the Heat would have lost if their road to the finals included these teams instead of the Knicks, Pacers, Bucks, Chicago? Now this year it really is looking like the conference will make a very big difference but I just don't see those teams above really changing the outcome for the Heat.

Hardaway Here
04-20-2014, 12:42 PM
Like I said these posters against the Heat make it seem as if the Heat swept through every series with no difficulties and beat the godly western conference team for the ship. I mean if the west was as great as you all make it seem why is it they can't beat Miami because last i checked the teams out West haven't been going through a full 7 game series before they actually got to the Finals each year so I fail to see how Miami breezed through the Eastern Conference Playoffs but some how the Thunder, and Spurs team didn't because the west was so grueling and tough they didn't even need 7 games to get it done. Damn the west is so hard.

P&GRealist
04-20-2014, 01:49 PM
Kind of an epic post here.

Kind of, but not quite.

And please stop abusing the word epic. It sounds really dumb.

P&GRealist
04-20-2014, 01:50 PM
LeBron gonna get locked up in the finals by Kawhi anyway, so it isn't gonna happen.
Yeah but Pop will end up facking up his end game substitutions anyways. Thus, the Heat will 3peat.

Bostonjorge
04-20-2014, 01:55 PM

Since Russell this Miami team has had the biggest gap of talent on one team against the second best team. Wade and bosh were not in prime form last year but were the last 3 years and actually lost once. Boston big 3 never played together and they won it first try. Miami big three played 5+ offseason together with team USA so it wasn't anything new for them.

Last year wade was off but still better then the rest of the competition. Bucks had prime Jennings and hurt wade still killed him. Then the bulls who leading score was Nate Robinson. I take hurt wade also. Then the pacers were half a season of wade this year is more affective then a whole season of hibbert. Pacers had 1 All-star backup going up against 3 all star starters on the same east all star team. Only shocker is these teams actually won some games.

For the spurs, if a hurt and out of prime wade can score more then every single spurs player (Duncan,Parker and ginobli) that series then what does that tell us about the spurs. Wade was at 19 a game that series. Parker there best player had 10 points in game 7 because he was HURT.

Horry, fisher, Kerr and Paxton all hit big shots among a long list of others. The biggest difference here is that Allen hit a close out game or elimination game shot to save them. In these situation when everything is on the line players like kobe and Jordan always closed those games out them self.

WadeCounty
04-20-2014, 02:22 PM
bunch of haters on this thread, let's be real and say even if the heat were to win 10 years in a row it still wouldn't impress any of you. what a shame honestly

tired of that heat in the east free pass every year comment, your west team should man up for the final 4-7 games of the year and win it like the mavericks did

Bring The Heat
04-20-2014, 02:32 PM

You owned everybody here... Epic Post.

Bring The Heat
04-20-2014, 02:38 PM
bunch of haters on this thread, let's be real and say even if the heat were to win 10 years in a row it still wouldn't impress any of you. what a shame honestly

tired of that heat in the east free pass every year comment, your west team should man up for the final 4-7 games of the year and win it like the mavericks did

No matter what the circumstance is the haters find a way to make excuses.... The new one now is that elite OKC team with Harden/Durant/Westbrook we faced in the finals couple of years ago was inexperienced and the Spurs were just old.... LMAO its comical at this point.

mjm07
04-20-2014, 03:08 PM
The hate is hilarious on this forum. Hopefully the HEAT continue to give them something to hate all the way to another championship.

Kyben36
04-20-2014, 03:31 PM
for some reason, not be a miami heat hater or anything, i just cant see them pulling a 3 peat, i know they typicaly pull it together in the end but i just think by the end they are going to be worn out. I see the Spurs winning with duncan on top. you know they are allways under rated, and by the end of the Finals, they are allways still going. I think the heat have a surprisingly hard time against the Bobcats, they will win but it will be a hard fought 6 game series. they will have an extremely hard time against the Nets, and in the finals it will be hard fought whether or not its the bulls or Pacers. its a long road for the miami heat if you ask me.

YoungOne
04-20-2014, 04:04 PM
..there was another team too dumb to win(spurs)

YoungOne
04-20-2014, 04:05 PM
No matter what the circumstance is the haters find a way to make excuses.... The new one now is that elite OKC team with Harden/Durant/Westbrook we faced in the finals couple of years ago was inexperienced and the Spurs were just old.... LMAO its comical at this point.

no the spurs just threw game 6 away

Supreme LA
04-20-2014, 04:12 PM
If you don't agree with Miami Heat fans you're a hater. Simple as that.

This NBA forum is slowly turning back into the Miami Heat team forum again.

todu82
04-20-2014, 04:37 PM
Indeed so it'll be impressive. 3 title wins in a row is impressive no matter who is on your roster.

P&GRealist
04-20-2014, 04:39 PM
Al Jefferson with plantar fasciitis, the east just became EVEN EASIER to go thru.

mjm07
04-20-2014, 04:41 PM
no the spurs just threw game 6 away

And gm7?

mjm07
04-20-2014, 04:46 PM
If you don't agree with Miami Heat fans you're a hater. Simple as that.

This NBA forum is slowly turning back into the Miami Heat team forum again.

No, if you feel the HEAT can't 3-peat that's more than fine. It's the ridiculous cmts that pple make like devaluing their accomplishment ,among other cmts ,is what makes them obvious haters.

Bostonjorge
04-20-2014, 04:58 PM
And gm7?

Parker had a hurt ankle. Went 3-12 for only 10 points. That's what happened.

Supreme LA
04-20-2014, 05:37 PM
No, if you feel the HEAT can't 3-peat that's more than fine. It's the ridiculous cmts that pple make like devaluing their accomplishment ,among other cmts ,is what makes them obvious haters.

I don't think people are saying it's not impressive. I just think there are those of us who don't find their run as impressive as others in the past when you take into account the level of competition they had to go through each postseason with the team that they have. If that's hating, then I don't know what a moderate would be.

mngopher35
04-20-2014, 06:21 PM

only props i give them is beating SA last year

You can book that.

I'm not trying to discredit the Heat 3-peat but if you're gonna make the comparison to other 3-peat teams they simply haven't had to face very much adversity or competition at all.

Against OKC. You clearly were delusional if you remembered otherwise. I don't what to say to you.

Supreme I tried to grab some quotes and parts of quotes of posts in this thread that might help explain what that guy is saying. If you want to question the competition compared to other teams that 3 peated or don't think the Heat can this year there is absolutely no problem at all. If you want to re-write history, try to diminish every team they played including the good ones, and just give them no credit at all basically is where the problem lies. Also many of the posts above have had someone respond and the original poster just refused to acknowledge the post or even go into a discussion on what they said. Seems like classic trolling at times.

I am not a Heat fan but I do root for them whenever the Wolves are out (which is a lot, I know) since Lebron is my favorite non-Twolve. Any fan base would question people who comment like this and call haters. It isn't just because you disagree with their opinion but the way in which it is done and the ridiculous remarks made.

Bring The Heat
04-20-2014, 06:45 PM
Supreme I tried to grab some quotes and parts of quotes of posts in this thread that might help explain what that guy is saying. If you want to question the competition compared to other teams that 3 peated or don't think the Heat can this year there is absolutely no problem at all. If you want to re-write history, try to diminish every team they played including the good ones, and just give them no credit at all basically is where the problem lies. Also many of the posts above have had someone respond and the original poster just refused to acknowledge the post or even go into a discussion on what they said. Seems like classic trolling at times.

I am not a Heat fan but I do root for them whenever the Wolves are out (which is a lot, I know) since Lebron is my favorite non-Twolve. Any fan base would question people who comment like this and call haters. It isn't just because you disagree with their opinion but the way in which it is done and the ridiculous remarks made.

Exactly. These guys get mad when we call them haters but listening to their ridiculous statements warrant the title of a "hater" plain and simple.

Nobody is saying the Heat's run is the greatest in history.. But it deserves it respect. Anytime a team wins back to back championships (which is rare) and is on a quest to potentially win another then you have acknowlege that. Take your head out of your *** and pay respect.

Pablonovi
04-20-2014, 10:17 PM
Hey All,
I'm a rabid Lakers fan (possibly for longer than anybody else on PSD; my first season watching the NBA and rooting for the Lakers was 1957-1958; that's 56 years, right?). My first favorites were: Wilt, Baylor-West, and the big "O".)

But, from the beginning, I did root for non-Lakers (Wilt, "O"; with the Knicks being my second-favorite team (having been born and raised just outside NYC in N.J.)). And I've continued over the decades the same pattern:
the Lakers first, other great players second.

The way I see it is twofold:
1) Yes it's true that a HEAT getting to the Finals AGAINST A MUCH-WEAKER CONFERENCE, must dilute to some extent the accomplishment; but

2) They have to be ranked in amongst the few other teams to Three-peat: Mikan's Lakers, Russel's All-Star C's, MJ's Bulls X2, Shaq-Kobe's Lakers. because of their string of 4 consecutive Finals and 3 consecutive Chips.
I'd rank them as follows:

#1 Russell's All-Star Celtics (8 Chips in a row)

HUGE GAP (down to the next 4, which are separated by little enough; that I wouldn't get super-upset with different rankings of these 4 teams)

#2 Shaq-Kobe's Lakers (3 Chips in a row; most dominant during their 3-peat and against very tough WC);
#3 LeBron's HEAT 12-14 (3 Chips in a row, with a 4th Finals being a tie-breaker Vs those below); *
#4 MJ's Bulls 96-98 (3 Chips in a row); *
#5 MJ's Bulls 91-93 (3 Chips in a row); *

SMALL-MEDIUM GAP

#6 Mikan's Lakers 52-54 (3 Chips in a row) **

* Got to the Finals from the East Conf. Playoffs Bracket which was significantly weaker than the West Conf. was.

** About Mikan's Lakers: PLUS they won 1949-50, thus 5 Chips in 6 Years; but MINUS: the NBA was not integrated, AND additionally, the general level of play was much inferior compared to the 5 teams above them here.

P.S. To give some idea of whether I'm biased here: while I acknowledged the C's dominance back when it was occurring; I hated them because they usually beat "my" Lakers in those Finals. Further, I call them the Boston All-Star Celtics, because never in history before or since has one team had such a high percentage of all the All-Stars of the entire League. (Mikan's Lakers didn't; KAJ-Magic Lakers didn't; the Bird-McHale-Parrish Celtics didn't; MJ's Bulls didn't; the Shaq-Kobe's Lakers didn't; and HEAT's Big 3 don't)

Nonetheless, 8 in a row is what it is; way the bleep more than 3. They have to be #1.

P&GRealist
04-20-2014, 10:20 PM
Hey All,
I'm a rabid Lakers fan (possibly for longer than anybody else on PSD; my first season watching the NBA and rooting for the Lakers was 1957-1958; that's 56 years, right?). My first favorites were: Wilt, Baylor-West, and the big "O".)

But, from the beginning, I did root for non-Lakers (Wilt, "O"; with the Knicks being my second-favorite team (having been born and raised just outside NYC in N.J.)). And I've continued over the decades the same pattern:

1) Yes it's true that a HEAT getting to the Finals AGAINST A MUCH-WEAKER CONFERENCE, must dilute to some extent the accomplishment; but

2) They have to be ranked in amongst the few other teams to Three-peat: Mikan's Lakers, Russel's All-Star C's, MJ's Bulls X2, Shaq-Kobe's Lakers. because of their string of 4 consecutive Finals and 3 consecutive Chips.

HUGE GAP (down to the next 4, which are separated by little enough; that I wouldn't get super-upset with different rankings of these 4 teams)

#2 Shaq-Kobe's Lakers (3 Chips in a row; most dominant during their 3-peat and against very tough WC);
#3 LeBron's HEAT 12-14 (3 Chips in a row, with a 4th Finals being a tie-breaker Vs those below); *

SMALL-MEDIUM GAP

* Got to the Finals from the East Conf. Playoffs Bracket which was significantly weaker than the West Conf. was.

** About Mikan's Lakers: PLUS they won 1949-50, thus 5 Chips in 6 Years; but MINUS: the NBA was not integrated, AND additionally, the general level of play was much inferior compared to the 5 teams above them here.

P.S. To give some idea of whether I'm biased here: while I acknowledged the C's dominance back when it was occurring; I hated them because they usually beat "my" Lakers in those Finals. Further, I call them the Boston All-Star Celtics, because never in history before or since has one team had such a high percentage of all the All-Stars of the entire League. (Mikan's Lakers didn't; KAJ-Magic Lakers didn't; the Bird-McHale-Parrish Celtics didn't; MJ's Bulls didn't; and HEAT's Big 3 don't)

Nonetheless, 8 in a row is what it is; way the bleep more than 3. They have to be #1.

There is something to be said about not losing in the finals at all along with a level of dominance. The 2 3peat Bulls showed that. LeBron and the Heatles would get swept in a 7 game series against MJ's Bulls, because Phil was that damn good, there was no one to match up to MJ, and MJ and Pip would be the 2 best defenders in that series.

P&GRealist
04-20-2014, 10:21 PM
I'd go with this:

Bulls 96-98
Lakers 00-02
Bulls 91-93
Celtics 8 peat
Heat 12-14 (if they 3peat)

Pablonovi
04-20-2014, 10:29 PM
There is something to be said about not losing in the finals at all along with a level of dominance. The 2 3peat Bulls showed that. LeBron and the Heatles would get swept in a 7 game series against MJ's Bulls, because Phil was that damn good, there was no one to match up to MJ, and MJ and Pip would be the 2 best defenders in that series.

Hey P&GR,
I'm not sure I understand you. MJ's teams did lose games in the finals, they lost 2 games each time; winning 4-2, except for the first year, when they won 4-1 (against Magic's Lakers; but the Lakers suffered serious injuries to key players: Worthy and Scott).

On their way to winning their third Chip, the Lakers went undefeated against 3 very tough opponents (crushing them) in the West, then, probably because of a huge lay-off waiting for the 76ers to come out of the weak East; they were sluggish in Finals Game #1, and still only barely lost in OT. Then crushed them four in a row. In their two three-peats, the Bulls didn't have any years that dominant.

Pablonovi
04-20-2014, 10:32 PM
I'd go with this:

Bulls 96-98
Lakers 00-02
Bulls 91-93
Celtics 8 peat
Heat 12-14 (if they 3peat)

Hey P&GR,
I'm not enjoying being in the position of defending the C's; but how can you rank their 8-peat lower than the 3 separate 3-peats???

Pablonovi
04-20-2014, 10:35 PM
btw,
here's the link to the NBA's Official NBA-Championships List (including the other Finalist).
N.B. For some reason, they have NOT updated this list for the past two years.
N.B. The NBA for some unfair reason, imo, do not list ABA Finals.

http://www.nba.com/history/finals/champions.html

P&GRealist
04-20-2014, 10:55 PM
Hey P&GR,
I'm not enjoying being in the position of defending the C's; but how can you rank their 8-peat lower than the 3 separate 3-peats???

Level of competition needs to be accounted for. The C's did it with 8 teams in the league.

You know, I just realized that you and I didn't even mention Mikan's Minneapolis Lakers who also 3-peated.

And when I mean undefeated in the finals, I mean undefeated Finals series.

bathroom_man
04-20-2014, 10:56 PM
Hey P&GR,
I'm not sure I understand you. MJ's teams did lose games in the finals, they lost 2 games each time; winning 4-2, except for the first year, when they won 4-1 (against Magic's Lakers; but the Lakers suffered serious injuries to key players: Worthy and Scott).

On their way to winning their third Chip, the Lakers went undefeated against 3 very tough opponents (crushing them) in the West, then, probably because of a huge lay-off waiting for the 76ers to come out of the weak East; they were sluggish in Finals Game #1, and still only barely lost in OT. Then crushed them four in a row. In their two three-peats, the Bulls didn't have any years that dominant.

The lakers beat some lousy east teams in indy, phily & nets but they had to go thru powerhouses in sac, port, & san anton.

Mj 6 champs was dominant. He beat magic, barkley, drexler, malone twice, payton all in the finals

Lebron has beaten a young rose, durant, george, old duncan, old celtic team

If they 3 peat, much respect. But not that impressive given the circumstances compare to past tesms

3RDASYSTEM
04-20-2014, 10:59 PM

SHAQ also had a dominant stretch in ORL where he got swept out by DREAM but was taking on EWING/MOURNING/DROB/DUNCAN/DREAM and whoever else was manning the middle during the late 80's onto the late 90's until they old and SHAQ still dominated with lesser dominant bigs but was still dominant day 1 regardless of how weak or strong the C position was, SHAQ had one of the best 19yr careers in any sport

bathroom_man
04-20-2014, 11:04 PM

These are all valids remarks. Just cuz u think its a ridiculous renarks doesnt mean ur a hater.

If the heat won cuz of the refs. Then thats pretty ridiculous and a hater.

Pablonovi
04-20-2014, 11:07 PM
Level of competition needs to be accounted for. The C's did it with 8 teams in the league.

You know, I just realized that you and I didn't even mention Mikan's Minneapolis Lakers who also 3-peated.

And when I mean undefeated in the finals, I mean undefeated Finals series.

Hey G&GR,
I did mention Mikan's Lakers in the very first post where I mentioned all the 3-peat teams (Post #167; which you quoted in Post #168)

I still don't understand what you mean about the "undefeated Finals series". The Bulls won their 6 Finals:
4-1, 4-2, 4-2, 4-2, 4-2, 4-2 (clearly not undefeated).

3RDASYSTEM
04-20-2014, 11:09 PM
Hey All,

SMALL-MEDIUM GAP

P.S. To give some idea of whether I'm biased here: while I acknowledged the C's dominance back when it was occurring; I hated them because they usually beat "my" Lakers in those Finals. Further, I call them the Boston All-Star Celtics, because never in history before or since has one team had such a high percentage of all the All-Stars of the entire League. (Mikan's Lakers didn't; KAJ-Magic Lakers didn't; the Bird-McHale-Parrish Celtics didn't; MJ's Bulls didn't; the Shaq-Kobe's Lakers didn't; and HEAT's Big 3 don't)

I could have sworn all the teams outside the 80's were in a weak era/conference

SHAQ lakers 3peat had only 2 teams outside of la to win, either sac town or spurs, lakers got swept by old vet Utah and that spurs squad in like 98' or so before winning in 00' and they beat a super weak east according to psd and others abroad, they beat AI/KIDD+KMART/old MILLER/ROSE, SHAQ/bean should be able to take out those teams, only AI was on SHAQ level individually, and KIDD was close impact wise but they rest of the support cast was nothing of ship material, especially AI's cast

JORDAN's bulls or 72 win should be first or 2nd and somehow that PISTONS team from 87-90 have to be mentioned since they could have went to 4 straight if ZEKE calls timeout and not panic and throw that ball to BIRD, and had he not got injured they would have probably beat lakers in 88 finals

MIKANs titles should have been kept in MINNY, not given to lakers of California

and if BRONs titles are in weak era then having 8 HOF'ers on 1 team in a 8 team league is super duper ultra weak so I don't see how you are calling a spade a spade

P&GRealist
04-20-2014, 11:14 PM
Hey G&GR,
I did mention Mikan's Lakers in the very first post where I mentioned all the 3-peat teams (Post #167; which you quoted in Post #168)

I still don't understand what you mean about the "undefeated Finals series". The Bulls won their 6 Finals:
4-1, 4-2, 4-2, 4-2, 4-2, 4-2 (clearly not undefeated).

Sorry for not catching Mikan's Lakers in your post.

I'm not sure what's hard to understand about Finals series. It means winning every finals appearance. Michael and Scottie with Phil did that 6/6 times.

I'm not talking about individual finals games (although a 24-11 finals record aint too shabby), but rather finals series (6-0).

Pablonovi
04-20-2014, 11:26 PM
The lakers beat some lousy east teams in indy, phily & nets but they had to go thru powerhouses in sac, port, & san anton.

Mj 6 champs was dominant. He beat magic, barkley, drexler, malone twice, payton all in the finals

If they 3 peat, much respect. But not that impressive given the circumstances compare to past tesms

Hey bathroom_man,
In your examples of who MJ beat in the Finals; I don't downplay that. My point about those two 3-peats is that he didn't face as tough opposition BEFORE the Finals; because the East was weaker than the West.

3 of your examples for LeBron are from the East BEFORE the Finals also (except the "old Duncan"). So, that's parallel what MJ had to go thru. BUT, your supposed "old Duncan" last year was still playing top-quality ball (all experts agree) AND, he's still being ranked in the top 10 in the entire League one year later, this year, when he's even, according to you, "older Duncan". That Spurs team was very good; imo, as good as the teams MJ faced in the Finals. And the Durant OKC team was FAVORED to beat the HEAT; that was a very good team too.

My main point here:
Getting thru 3 East rounds Vs relatively weak opponents, followed by beating a very good West team in the Finals is something that MJ did in both 3-peats; and what the HEAT will end up doing too (IF they win this year).
i.e., very similar.

Thus, for me, any attempt to try to make a case that the entirety of MJ's Playoff runs (in each 3-peat) was much more difficult than LeBron's 3-peat, is a case of "Confirmation Bias" where the arguer is trying to (mis-)use the information available to make a case that isn't there to be made.

In both MJ and LeBron's cases, that's 3 relatively easy rounds and one tough round.
In the Shaq-Kobe Laker's case: that was 3 very tough rounds and one easy round. NET: Higher-Quality Chips.

I'd say that IF the HEAT 3-peat, it will be quite similar to those two Bulls' 3-peats. Thus, I'd give the tie-breaker to the HEAT because of their 4th Finals appearance.

Pablonovi
04-20-2014, 11:44 PM
Part of this discussion / debate is extra polarized because it has important implications vis-a-vis comparing MJ Vs LeBron; including which of the two had more help. So, let's look at that comparison in more detail.

MJ had Pippen in both 3-peats. In the first, his 3rd guy was Horace Grant (a top player in the League at that time); In the 2nd, his 3rd guy was Dennis Rodman (a top player in the League at that time).

LeBron has D. Wade and Chris Bosh.

imo Pippen-Grant and Pippen-Rodman is close to equal to Wade-Bosh.
Pippen was universally acknowledged as the best or 2nd-best defender in the League (before or after MJ); and was a unique offensive player - perhaps the first point-forward (a new important challenge to opposing teams)
During the Rodman 3-peat, it was said that the Bulls probably had THE 3 BEST DEFENDERS on their team. THAT IS A SUPER-TEAM. Thus MJ had HUGE HELP. (In one Finals series, Pippen had a better PER than MJ; and to this day, some experts say he outplayed MJ in that series).

LeBron has Wade and Bosh (neither ranks near the top of the League as DEFENDERS).
Personally, I'd rank Pippen's career as the equal or slightly better than D. Wade's. Similarly, career-wise, I'd rank Grant-Rodman as about equal to Bosh. Thus, according to this analysis, MJ and LeBron had very similar supporting casts; at least as far as each's #2 and #3.

Further, for those who would rank Wade over Pippen. Wade has not been at his best during this 3-peat; neutralizing any supposed advantage LeBron has with him over what MJ had with Pip.

Beyond the #2s and #3s; both also had a bunch of "specialists". And both had weak center-play. MJ's "center-by-committee" or "3-headed monster" was probably about equal to LeBron's "Bosh-plus-back-ups". Both had a number of spot-up shooters. Neither had a dominant PG. I'd call this a "wash"; close enough to equal to NOT be a significant advantage to either MJ or LeBron.

So, in total: MJ and LeBron had very-close-to-equal "supporting" casts.

bathroom_man
04-20-2014, 11:52 PM
Lebron hasnt really been challenge at all. Beating a young durant is nothing special. But if he beat durant again this yr, then i be impress.

Jordan had to beat a prime & proven players like malone, barkley, magic, ewing, reggie miller, payton, drexler, isiah

Pablonovi
04-20-2014, 11:58 PM
Sorry for not catching Mikan's Lakers in your post.

I'm not sure what's hard to understand about Finals series. It means winning every finals appearance. Michael and Scottie with Phil did that 6/6 times.

I'm not talking about individual finals games (although a 24-11 finals record aint too shabby), but rather finals series (6-0).

Hey P&GR,
OK, I got you. BUT that is TOTALLY irrelevant to this thread. We are comparing 3-peats; NOT comparing MJ VS LeBron vis-a-vis their overall, career Finals records. And we can't compare them YET; because LeBron's career may be far from over.

But, if one wants to start getting into that subject ...
There are at least TWO not just ONE way of comparing Finals Records.

For example:
KAJ had 10 Finals, 6 Chips and 4 other Finals. = 10
Magic had 8 Finals, 5 Chips and 3 other Finals. = 8
MJ had 6 Finals, and 0 other Finals. = 6.

In my opinion, KAJ easily beats MJ vis-a-vis Finals, because he has the same number of wins and 4 more Finals appearances - that counts for a lot more than nothing.

In the case of MJ Vs Magic: MJ has 6 Finals Wins, Magic has 5 PLUS 3 more Finals appearances. For me, those 3 additional Finals appearances count equal to MJ's one additional Finals victory. (Some might say they count for more, some might say they count for less. I say, they are close to equal.)

And then again, you rated Russel's All-Star Celtics' 8-peat below both MJ's 3-peats. But the C's were 8-0 (and in consecutive years) as opposed to MJ's Bulls 6-0, separated by 2 years in between. Further, if we're allowing for separate years, then the C's had 11 Chips in 13 years; almost every fan in every sport would EASILY take 11 Chips in 13 years OVER 6 chips in 8 years.

bathroom_man
04-21-2014, 12:01 AM
Spurs were a little overrated last yr. westbrook, kobe didnt play. But you knew spurs big 3 were gunna run out of gas at the end against miami big 3. Im afraid it could happen again this yr

Pablonovi
04-21-2014, 12:11 AM
Fair should be fair, no?
This is something I never, ever have heard talked about.
How SHOULD the two years in between MJ's 3-peats be evaluated. and,
How should the fact that before/after his 3-peats, he didn't even make the ECFs?

Consider:
1) By taking almost all of those two years off, MJ was much more rested for the 2nd 3-peat than he would have been.
2) When he did come back near the end of his "2nd year off", his team did NOT even make the ECF. But, instead, lost in an early round of the Playoffs. That certainly can NOT count in his favor.

3) But, it MUST COUNT AGAINST HIM: because his team lost before the Conference Finals.

(Compare that to: LeBron who (given this thread's assumption of another Chip this year) will have 3 Finals wins PLUS another Finals Appearance. In my book, 3 Finals PLUS 1 Finals Loss in 4 years; beats 3 Finals PLUS 1 Earlier-Round Loss in 4 years (MJ's 2nd 3-Peat) AND beats 3 Finals PLUS 1 Earlier-Round Loss in 4 years (MJ's 1st 3-Peat).

Pablonovi
04-21-2014, 12:27 AM
Of course, if MJ had played both those full seasons; and IF the Bulls had won chips, he'd have had 8 Chips in a row - and the GOAT discussion would be completely OVER.

But he didn't go to the Finals either of those years. So, in my book, KAJ and Magic both have solid cases too for GOAT #1.

KAJ had 4 more Finals than MJ (PLUS 50% more Great Years than MJ; plus the SKYHOOK - the only truly-unique and THE most-unstoppable, most-"automatic" shot in history. Thus KAJ > MJ).

Magic had 2 more Finals than MJ (PLUS, he was, imo, the greatest TEAM-mate in NBA history. In my book, his greater TEAM-work than MJ, plus the 2 more Finals; let Magic squeak ahead of MJ).

My point here is this: MJ missed almost two full years DURING HIS PRIME. Again, if he'd of played, MAYBE he would have gotten two more chips; maybe not even one - NO ONE CAN KNOW, of course.

BUT, who's fault was it that MJ didn't play? It was MJ's fault, of course.
In my opinion, this should definitely be counted AGAINST him, WHEN COMPARING GOAT candidates.
imo, he blew the chance to end all GOAT debate in his favor, by choosing NOT to play then.

So, the next logical question is:
Why did MJ choose not to play those almost 2 full seasons? Wasn't it, at least partially because of his gambling? Wasn't there talk all around the League that he was gonna get in big trouble for that?
Could it not be said that he "retired" so as to avoid being (heavily) penalized (perhaps being suspended for a full season or more) for that gambling? And how would THAT look on his resume?

So, if that is the case, as I personally believe it IS, then this is a HUGE STRIKE VS MJ.

P.S. Remember how much Kobe's season, and career were hurt by the rape-allegation case? In terms of professional sports careers, gambling is a much bigger offense. Why?

Because a rape-allegation is overwhelmingly a personal issue and would be so ONLY important if proven (which it wasn't).

But a gambling-conviction (and everybody knew and knows that MJ was a compulsive gambler) is overwhelmingly a League issue; because it calls into question the very integrity of the League. The penalty for such a conviction (both in suspension and in "reputation") would have been much more severe.

Pablonovi
04-21-2014, 12:35 AM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michael_Jordan#Gambling_controversy
"Gambling controversy:

During the Bulls' playoff run in 1993, controversy arose when Jordan was seen gambling in Atlantic City, New Jersey, the night before a game against the New York Knicks.[47] In that same year, he admitted to having to cover $57,000 in gambling losses,[48] and author Richard Esquinas wrote a book claiming he had won $1.25 million from Jordan on the golf course.[48] In 2005, Jordan talked to Ed Bradley of the CBS evening show 60 Minutes about his gambling and admitted that he made some reckless decisions. Jordan stated, "Yeah, I've gotten myself into situations where I would not walk away and I've pushed the envelope. Is that compulsive? Yeah, it depends on how you look at it. If you're willing to jeopardize your livelihood and your family, then yeah."[49] When Bradley asked him if his gambling ever got to the level where it jeopardized his livelihood or family, Jordan replied, "No."[49]

First retirement and baseball career (19931994) On October 6, 1993, Jordan announced his retirement, citing a loss of desire to play the game. Jordan later stated that the murder of his father earlier in the year shaped his decision."

Here we see two things:
1) MJ WAS gambling (seen doing it, during the Playoffs no less!; reported by others to be doing it; and admitting himself that he had been doing it).

2) MJ soon afterwards claimed he was retiring because of "a loss of desire to play the game ..."
Isn't it very possible that "his loss of desire to play" was because if he had tried to play the NBA would have been forced to suspend him, both:

2a) Ruining his career (witness MLB's scandals long past and recent); and
2b) Put a huge financial hurt on the NBA itself because MJ was far-and-away its #1 draw; and
2c) Put a super-huge Public Relations hurt on the NBA (which had not long before suffered thru a long period of having a bad reputation). They NEEDED to protect the League and to do that to protect MJ.

Jeffy25
04-21-2014, 01:00 AM

Naw, it'll just be because they were in a weak East in a weak time in the sport....or something.

If they three peat, I think it's a real statement to how great Lebron really is.

mngopher35
04-21-2014, 01:27 AM
These are all valids remarks. Just cuz u think its a ridiculous renarks doesnt mean ur a hater.

If the heat won cuz of the refs. Then thats pretty ridiculous and a hater.

If you would like to back up the statements above with facts I would discuss some of them with you. You now are turning it into a James thing instead of heat thing though so my guess is your another troll.

This Heat team might not be the best team ever to 3 peat if it happens but even winning two straight titles puts them in great company. They haven't played the best competition of all time but you called Durant Harden and Westbrook nothing. Make a poll for people to vote on that statement and if 50% or more agree I will leave psd, if less than that you have to leave. Deal?

ILLUSIONIST^248
04-21-2014, 01:57 AM

Naw, it'll just be because they were in a weak East in a weak time in the sport....or something.

If they three peat, I think it's a real statement to how great Lebron really is.

Or how pathetic the path to a ring is for then every year. The Heat would get rocked by early 2000's teams.

amos1er
04-21-2014, 02:50 AM
Or how pathetic the path to a ring is for then every year. The Heat would get rocked by early 2000's teams.

Not only that, they are capitalizing on one of the weakest eras of basketball in the weakest conference of all time. Sadly enough, I predict that the Heat will win it all again this year. Once again, the tough teams out west will beat themselves up struggling to make the finals, while the Heat once again cake walk to the finals at full strength. The only team that might give them some challenge is the Nets, though I'm sure they will rest Wade the first two rounds so that he can help them in the ECF. That's how you know your team is stacked and your conference is a joke. You can rest your second best player and still coast past the first two rounds. So even if they do Three-Peat, it will be the weakest Three-Peat of all time... Nor will I be impressed. Truly a sad state of affairs.

hidalgo
04-21-2014, 09:00 AM
if they 3 peat i'll be very impressed. they had 2 serious 7 game ECF against the 2012 Celtics(every bit as good as the 2010 Celtics imo) & the 2013 Pacers. both really good teams. then both finals teams they beat were really good, Thunder then the Spurs in a instant classic 7 game series.

the teams i don't think they'd stand much of a chance against are the dynasty 90s Bulls, 80s Celtics(especially 86), 80s Lakers, & the bad boys would probably beat them too (& probably Shaq's Lakers, because Shaq would avg 36-38 ppg on them with how small they are). outside of those, they could beat anyone from the past 10 years, & they'll be even more appreciated years after LeBron retires & even his haters will start to respect all he did & miss him

bathroom_man
04-21-2014, 09:38 AM
If you would like to back up the statements above with facts I would discuss some of them with you. You now are turning it into a James thing instead of heat thing though so my guess is your another troll.

This Heat team might not be the best team ever to 3 peat if it happens but even winning two straight titles puts them in great company. They haven't played the best competition of all time but you called Durant Harden and Westbrook nothing. Make a poll for people to vote on that statement and if 50% or more agree I will leave psd, if less than that you have to leave. Deal?

kd, westy and the beard were nothing in a sense it was their first finals. im sure ppl who agree with me that in order to become great, you have to be beated a few times. ask lebron james, he was a nobody his first 2 titles run, then he won his 3rd and 4th finals. same with shaq, lost his first.

u pretty much dont understand what im really trying to say and call ppl hater and trolls when you are nobody better than the next person in line

ATX
04-21-2014, 10:02 AM
Winning three straigt Finals would be very impressive...Regardless of what our resident trolls say. Their opinions here have been well documented (About a couple of thousand posts to each of them). In fact thats the sole reason for their "Participation" (If you can call it that)...To discredit the team they like the least. They just keep the excuses rolling, but mainly by regurgitating the same old discredited rhetoric over and over, as if somehow the seven hundredth time will be any different. You just can't take the opinion of someone who hates something with such blinding passion...Especially a game...It's just basketball. They lost the right to a fair opinion long ago. They even duplicate accounts to agree with themselves in spite of how low and embarrasing that is...I mean what does that tell you? I've never in life seen someone hate another human being or group of human beings as much as our resident trolls do. Perhaps history could show us the effects of such hatred, and it's never good.

bathroom_man
04-21-2014, 10:13 AM
Winning three straigt Finals would be very impressive...Regardless of what our resident trolls say. Their opinions here have been well documented (About a couple of thousand posts to each of them). In fact thats the sole reason for their "Participation" (If you can call it that)...To discredit the team they like the least. They just keep the excuses rolling, but mainly by regurgitating the same old discredited rhetoric over and over, as if somehow the seven hundredth time will be any different. You just can't take the opinion of someone who hates something with such blinding passion...Especially a game...It's just basketball. They lost the right to a fair opinion long ago. They even duplicate accounts to agree with themselves in spite of how low and embarrasing that is...I mean what does that tell you? I've never in life seen someone hate another human being or group of human beings as much as our resident trolls do. Perhaps history could show us the effects of such hatred, and it's never good.

cool story bro

ATX
04-21-2014, 10:19 AM
cool story bro

Clever response, just what I'd expect from the likes of who I was posting about.

bathroom_man
04-21-2014, 10:25 AM
Clever response, just what I'd expect from the likes of who I was posting about.

yeah yeah, you post the same old stuff like everyone else has for the 58x. boring

Pablonovi
04-21-2014, 10:28 AM

Hey ILLUSIONIST^248,
IF this is true, and actually I think the Shaq-Kobe Lakers WOULD be too much for the HEAT, then this ALSO SAYS that the HEAT are not all that stacked. And to make 4 Finals in a row and win 3 in a row with a "not-all-that -stacked" a team is a top accomplishment.

Can't have it both ways, right?

Pablonovi
04-21-2014, 10:48 AM
Not only that, they are capitalizing on one of the weakest eras of basketball in the weakest conference of all time. Sadly enough, I predict that the Heat will win it all again this year. Once again, the tough teams out west will beat themselves up struggling to make the finals, while the Heat once again cake walk to the finals at full strength. [SNIP]

Hey amos1er,
My bolding of your statement.
One could make the statement that this is, instead, "one of the strongest eras of basketball".
Neither statement means much without some proof, no?

For example, I watch / listen to interviews of the older-era All-Time Greats. What do they say about today's NBA? They say, for example, that the level of athleticism is at an all-time high. How can an honest observer NOT agree with this?

LEVEL OF PHYSICAL TRAINING: HIGHEST EVER
The athletes have never trained as hard, never been trained as scientifically to develop their bodies and physical skills to maximize their b-ball potential. We have way more personal coaches than in the past. We know way more about diet, exercise, and recovery from exercise, and about injuries, preventing them and recovering from them better than in the past.

LEVEL OF COACHING: HIGHEST EVER
Then there's the coaching: each team has more coaches than they did in the past. These coaches have "complete" data and video to study by themselves and then to go over with the players and the teams, focusing on what is important.

LEVEL OF OFFENSIVE (AND DEFENSIVE) SCHEMES: HIGHEST EVER

Then there's the schemes. Never before have teams had schemes that are DESIGNED to run one may play FOLLOWED by a 2nd and 3rd option, if the earlier ones don't work well enough. This forces the defenses to work hard for most of every possession.

LEVEL OF B-BALL IQ: HIGHEST EVER
Intelligence: the vastly improved: physical training, mental training and schemes has forced the League to go, more and more, with higher b-ball IQs.

LEVEL OF "BEAUTY OF THE GAME": HIGHEST EVER (?)
The advent of such things as:
The 3 point shot playing a huge role;
The PG playing a bigger role than ever;
The "stretch-4" becoming another key factor;
The (as noted above) advanced schemes
etc.

All this has led to less crowding and banging in the middle; smoother flow (including side-to-side ball movement).

And then you have two individual players doing things that have NEVER been done before:
LeBron and KD. LeBron, in my opinion, is the most complete player ever (and his eFG% is almost Unbelievable given that he shoots from everywhere). KD's offensive game is shocking. (What RANGE! What dribbling and ball-handling skills for a big man!) These past two season we've been privileged to watch two of the All-Time Greats playing b-ball at historic levels of excellence.

Whenever pro-ball (NBL, ABA, NBA) has had truly outstanding individual players, soon enough, the level of play of the entire League(s) has risen. We are once-again witnesses to such a marvelous explosion of excellence on the court.

Making nowadays NBA game, imo, the most beautiful it's ever been.

Thus, very strong arguments for this easily being One Of The STRONGEST NBA Eras ever (if not THE strongest).

mngopher35
04-21-2014, 11:38 AM
kd, westy and the beard were nothing in a sense it was their first finals. im sure ppl who agree with me that in order to become great, you have to be beated a few times. ask lebron james, he was a nobody his first 2 titles run, then he won his 3rd and 4th finals. same with shaq, lost his first.

u pretty much dont understand what im really trying to say and call ppl hater and trolls when you are nobody better than the next person in line

I really could care less what you think about me not being better or worse. Why did you try and bring Lebron into it instead of staying with the Heat if your intent isn't to troll?

While they may have been a young team they were also extremely talented and favored to win. You can use revisionist history to say any team is too young, old, not talented enough etc.

I wouldn't be surprised in the least to find out you are a kobe/laker fan with the way you post.

FlashBolt
04-21-2014, 11:45 AM
Hey amos1er,
One could make the statement that this is, instead, "one of the strongest eras of basketball".

For example, I watch / listen to interviews of the older-era All-Time Greats. What do they say about today's NBA? They say, for example, that the level of athleticism is at an all-time high. How can an honest observer NOT agree with this?

The athletes have never trained as hard, never been trained as scientifically to develop their bodies and physical skills to maximize their b-ball potential. We have way more personal coaches than in the past. We know way more about diet, exercise, and recovery from exercise, and about injuries, preventing them and recovering from them better than in the past.

Then there's the coaching: each team has more coaches than they did in the past. These coaches have "complete" data and video to study by themselves and then to go over with the players and the teams, focusing on what is important.

Then there's the schemes. Never before have teams had schemes that are DESIGNED to run one may play FOLLOWED by a 2nd and 3rd option, if the earlier ones don't work well enough. This forces the defenses to work hard for most of every possession.

Intelligence: the vastly improved: physical training, mental training and schemes has forced the League to go, more and more, with higher b-ball IQs.

etc.

All this has led to less crowding and banging in the middle; smoother flow (including side-to-side ball movement).

And then you have two individual players doing things that have NEVER been done before:
LeBron and KD. LeBron, in my opinion, is the most complete player ever (and his eFG% is almost Unbelievable given that he shoots from everywhere). KD's offensive game is shocking. (What RANGE! What dribbling and ball-handling skills for a big man!) These past two season we've been privileged to watch two of the All-Time Greats playing b-ball at historic levels of excellence.

Whenever pro-ball (NBL, ABA, NBA) has had truly outstanding individual players, soon enough, the level of play of the entire League(s) has risen. We are once-again witnesses to such a marvelous explosion of excellence on the court.

Thus, very strong arguments for this easily being One Of The STRONGEST NBA Eras ever (if not THE strongest).

I know. People always compare the eras of before to now and forget that those eras also had their cons. No way the athletes were better back then. No way it was more diverse. No way it was tougher. Players are better, quicker, stronger, smarter, and there is a lot more to the game than it was before. People are too nostalgic and can't seem to grasp that every era has their flaws but to say this era is weak? Go back to the old eras and you'll see plenty of flaws.

bathroom_man
04-21-2014, 11:48 AM
I really could care less what you think about me not being better or worse. Why did you try and bring Lebron into it instead of staying with the Heat if your intent isn't to troll?

While they may have been a young team they were also extremely talented and favored to win. You can use revisionist history to say any team is too young, old, not talented enough etc.

I wouldn't be surprised in the least to find out you are a kobe/laker fan with the way you post.

i dont recall bringing lebron up in here. can you please redirect me?
young and talented but no experience? incomplete
yeah im a laker fan, ur a wolve fan. so what?

mngopher35
04-21-2014, 12:22 PM

Lebron hasnt really been challenge at all. Beating a young durant is nothing special. But if he beat durant again this yr, then i be impress.

Jordan had to beat a prime & proven players like malone, barkley, magic, ewing, reggie miller, payton, drexler, isiah

Here are the posts I had seen where you are turning it in to a lebron thing. I don't really care or anything who your favorite team is but it is extremely common on this site if someone is trying to bash the heat and bringing Lebron into the conversation that it is a kobe/laker fan. So that is why I am not surprised, you seem to be following suit.

As I said we can use revisionist history for any team but they were the favorites heading in and many on this site predicted thunder as well (in fact many were same people I was talking about in the above post). Yes the Thunder were inexperienced but they went through a tough western conference to get there and beat a rolling spurs team if I remember right. They were far from nothing.

Stinkyoutsider
04-21-2014, 12:33 PM
I give almost as much credit for the 2 titles to Wade as I do for James. Wade might not be 100% but he's also pacing himself. He's been doing it since they won the 1st title. Wade always steps up when he needs to and when he doesn't, Lebron runs the show. That's exactly how I would want it if I was 30+ and not 100% healthy. Let Lebron carry the team until I'm needed...

A 3-peat isn't enough for me to put them near the Bulls and their run. If they earn a 4-peat, I think I'll start to think of the Heat in the same category.

I wonder how many titles the Bulls would have won if MJ didn't decide to retire and play basketball? So, maybe a 5 or 6 peat could put the Heat's run and the Bulls' run neck and neck with each other?

Delrayhc
04-21-2014, 12:45 PM

So your a Lakers fan. That explains why your obsessed with the Heat and LeBron. Disclaimer : Not all Lakers fans are obsessed and most are pretty good posters.

bathroom_man
04-21-2014, 12:50 PM
Here are the posts I had seen where you are turning it in to a lebron thing. I don't really care or anything who your favorite team is but it is extremely common on this site if someone is trying to bash the heat and bringing Lebron into the conversation that it is a kobe/laker fan. So that is why I am not surprised, you seem to be following suit.

As I said we can use revisionist history for any team but they were the favorites heading in and many on this site predicted thunder as well (in fact many were same people I was talking about in the above post). Yes the Thunder were inexperienced but they went through a tough western conference to get there and beat a rolling spurs team if I remember right. They were far from nothing.

Ok i brought his name. I brought jordan, kobe too. Did i disrespected lebron? Calling me a troll for bringing up lebron is immature if u ask me.

Well, whatever you want to call it, so be it.

bathroom_man
04-21-2014, 12:54 PM
So your a Lakers fan. That explains why your obsessed with the Heat and LeBron. Disclaimer : Not all Lakers fans are obsessed and most are pretty good posters.

I like duscussing about lebron n the heat doesnt mean im obsess
Dont care if they win 7 rings. Wouldnt affect me 1 bit. I got bigger fish to fry

Triple_Ocho
04-21-2014, 01:18 PM
The arguments against Miami being one of the top teams ever if they 3peat are BS. It doesn't matter if you like them or not only the Lakers ('52-'54, '00-'02), the Bulls ('91-'93, '96-'98), and the Celtics ('59-'66) have ever accomplished the feat. That would be history in the making to add a 4th team to that list. I don't like Miami (I'm a Lakers fan), but who am I to ignore/deny greatness and history??

bathroom_man
04-21-2014, 01:46 PM
The arguments against Miami being one of the top teams ever if they 3peat are BS. It doesn't matter if you like them or not only the Lakers ('52-'54, '00-'02), the Bulls ('91-'93, '96-'98), and the Celtics ('59-'66) have ever accomplished the feat. That would be history in the making to add a 4th team to that list. I don't like Miami (I'm a Lakers fan), but who am I to ignore/deny greatness and history??

well said. but most of the posts are comparing the 3 peat teams. and if we think miami play weak teams, we are call haters, trolls

Delrayhc
04-21-2014, 02:17 PM

well said. but most of the posts are comparing the 3 peat teams. and if we think miami play weak teams, we are call haters, trolls

It's not that you think that the Heat have played weak teams because it's a fact that they have. The problem is the cherry picking of facts. You can say that the Lakers played weak eastern teams in the finals going 4-2 , 4-1 and 4-0 but who the f--k cares. A championship is a championship and no matter who 3 peats it is a great accomplishment.

Jeffy25
04-21-2014, 02:32 PM
Not only that, they are capitalizing on one of the weakest eras of basketball in the weakest conference of all time. Sadly enough, I predict that the Heat will win it all again this year. Once again, the tough teams out west will beat themselves up struggling to make the finals, while the Heat once again cake walk to the finals at full strength. The only team that might give them some challenge is the Nets, though I'm sure they will rest Wade the first two rounds so that he can help them in the ECF. That's how you know your team is stacked and your conference is a joke. You can rest your second best player and still coast past the first two rounds. So even if they do Three-Peat, it will be the weakest Three-Peat of all time... Nor will I be impressed. Truly a sad state of affairs.

No question that not all rings are created equally....but no way in hell is this the weakest three peat of all time

Lakers - 52-54
Celtics - 59-66

These two are obviously way weaker, considering the nature of the sport.

Maybe it's weaker than the two separate Bull three peats, and the Lakers three peat from 00-02, but in no way is it weaker than when there were 8 teams in the entire league.

Also, saying they can rest Wade for the first two rounds as their second best player can easily just be the same as saying Lebron is just that good and he doesn't need his help in the first two rounds, as it is saying it's a weak path.

3RDASYSTEM
04-21-2014, 02:44 PM

what is really the highest comedy is how you try and say JORDAN beat MAGIC, and not the old injured depleted dynasty done, sort of like how he beat the PISTONS after they basically competed for 4 straight finals, a old injured depleted dynasty, he even snatched up the WORM for his 2nd three peat, plus he was guarded by STARKS/HORNACEK/BYRON R/MAJERLE/DUMAS and EHLO/DOC RIVERS and others who are not juggernauts by any stretch, PAYTON was and he was undersized so he was at his mercy also, he didn't didn't fear nor backdown like MILLER/DREXLER and few others, but they had the height and took it to JORDAN like no other, outside of ZEKE/IVERSON....and JORDAN got the most phantom(not touched) calls in history of the league, especiall the 2nd three peat, unreal

All I hear is this JORDAN was 6 for 6 with 6 finals mvp, like they only count his career for 6 seasons but its just some ole devil demonic type **** since I see the 6 6 6 pattern it in all, he played 15 seasons not 6

what happen the other 9 that he was owned in?

and if you really go back and look at history in nba nearly every champ that went back to back had to beat supremes teams in the 80's and JORDAN took 7yrs to win it all and by that time the nba dynasties had crumbled and along came JORDAN and then SHAQ, which by then the nba had expanded(weaker) and you now have 18-19yr olds running around the league making it even weaker

then you go back to MIKAN/RUSSELL and they won because the league was smaller(weak) and they had most stacked teams out of all so they could pile on wins/rings, whats so hard about that?

3RDASYSTEM
04-21-2014, 03:02 PM
Hey amos1er,

etc.

I think amos is trying to say the nba is very young and guys are not as polished and ready as back then

like how DUNCAN stayed and was able to carry it over until now, guys like TMAC and others came out and were ready but still got benched early, and guys today are not nowhere near TMAC coming out early, a few but its small list, then you have guys like AI who stay 2yrs and that's pretty much how it should be when you are that good, 2 yrs then bolt for nba

it is weak because JORDAN and others stayed in college and honed skills and build up even more confidence to head to next level, this era is weak after the top 5-10, and that's a far cry from 80's in mostly everyone's book who has actually played the game of basketball

but amos doesn't know how to decipher what is what so he just says its the weakest because BARKLEY said so, I said so way before BARKLEY ever spoke that truth, the players are young and are force fed 80mill deals because the team drafted that player, wow

play good for a month or 3 in todays game and you are a super duper star, super wow

mngopher35
04-21-2014, 03:18 PM
Ok i brought his name. I brought jordan, kobe too. Did i disrespected lebron? Calling me a troll for bringing up lebron is immature if u ask me.

Well, whatever you want to call it, so be it.

After reading some of your posts I was able to guess your favorite team even though none of them mentioned that team in depth. The reason is there is a trend on this site and you happen to fit right in (maybe a dupe?). I don't know for sure, but I also explained why the Thunder are far from nothing and those other posts I quoted had similar issues we can discuss if you like. I apologize for the trolling comment that was probably overboard but the comments I quoted originally seemed along those lines or having some bias.

Larry Bird questioned if Lebron's 2012 run was the best playoff run in history. I feel like that would imply playing at least one good team and being challenged as well.

bathroom_man
04-21-2014, 06:15 PM
After reading some of your posts I was able to guess your favorite team even though none of them mentioned that team in depth. The reason is there is a trend on this site and you happen to fit right in (maybe a dupe?). I don't know for sure, but I also explained why the Thunder are far from nothing and those other posts I quoted had similar issues we can discuss if you like. I apologize for the trolling comment that was probably overboard but the comments I quoted originally seemed along those lines or having some bias.

Larry Bird questioned if Lebron's 2012 run was the best playoff run in history. I feel like that would imply playing at least one good team and being challenged as well.

nah, im too lazy for further discussion. u got yours, i got mine. cheers, mate

Pablonovi
04-21-2014, 06:19 PM
[SNIP]
All I hear is this JORDAN was 6 for 6 with 6 finals mvp, like they only count his career for 6 seasons but [SNIP] he played 15 seasons not 6

what happen the other 9 that he was owned in?

[SNIP]

Hey 3RDASYSTEM,
I ALWAYS try to find something, anything I have in common with someone who doesn't get along with me or I find it hard to get along with; to try to reach out and "break the ice", break the pattern, so to speak.

So, it is with great joy that I respond to your post here (after waiting/hoping for such a chance for 9 months now). I actually AGREE very much with you here.

Too cool !

P.S. Please take this next thought as intending to be a helpful suggestion:
If you could try to use some Periods when you write; it would make it oh so much easier to read what you say. We'd know when sentences end and the next ones begin.

For example, your first paragraph (which I snipped out) is just one huge continuous "sentence" = extremely challenging to work one's way thru.

(A concrete suggestion, from an English Teacher: "Try reading what you write. Whenever you tend to pause for a tiny-breath, throw in a comma; whenever you tend to pause for a longer-breath, throw in a period and follow that by Capitalizing the first letter of the next word. Also, put a space right after both the commas and the periods.")

Bostonjorge
04-21-2014, 09:46 PM
I can guarantee if OKC wins the title this year it will mean so much more then the heats 2 combined. Okc never wining and drafting its way to a title and losing important pieces along the way will be remembered more. No one can call okc a stacked team.

Only way anyone will remember this Miami team is if they 3 peat. The fact is it will always be brought up how much talent was on Miami and how much of an advantage they had. There has never been this much of a gap between talent on Miami and every other team during this period. I don't care who bird, magic, jordan or kobe had because they still had to play equal or more stacked teams.

SportsFanatic10
04-21-2014, 10:01 PM
I can guarantee if OKC wins the title this year it will mean so much more then the heats 2 combined. Okc never wining and drafting its way to a title and losing important pieces along the way will be remembered more. No one can call okc a stacked team.

Only way anyone will remember this Miami team is if they 3 peat. The fact is it will always be brought up how much talent was on Miami and how much of an advantage they had. There has never been this much of a gap between talent on Miami and every other team during this period. I don't care who bird, magic, jordan or kobe had because they still had to play equal or more stacked teams.

LOL this post makes no sense and therefore fits right in with most of your other posts. your reasoning is beyond pathetic and just pure homespun fabricated bs that you pulled out of your *** quite honestly.

Pablonovi
04-21-2014, 10:47 PM
LOL this post makes no sense and therefore fits right in with most of your other posts. your reasoning is beyond pathetic and just pure homespun fabricated bs that you pulled out of your *** quite honestly.

Hey SF10,
LOL. Maybe you've caught me at just the right moment, but this had me screaming.

Hey Bostonjorge,
Please don't take any offense at my laughing. I'm NOT laughing at you; I'm laughing WITH him.

Dade County
04-21-2014, 11:29 PM

Dear god... :laugh2:

:laugh:

I am sorry... but i can not include Mj in anything like this; for 8 straight yrs, he was able to rein hell on everyone by being the only player (the originator) to receive super star treatment calls.

No one or no team, can maintain against that in a 7 game series. This is why, jordan didn't win until these calls stated happening (the end of the bad boys era).

But I am not saying that Jordan would not have won titles... He just would not have been 6 for 6.

SportsFanatic10
04-22-2014, 12:00 AM
Hey SF10,
LOL. Maybe you've caught me at just the right moment, but this had me screaming.

Hey Bostonjorge,
Please don't take any offense at my laughing. I'm NOT laughing at you; I'm laughing WITH him.

i'm glad i could give you a laugh! i'm just fed up with all these agenda driven heat hating posts. people seriously need to get lives instead of altering history in their minds to fit their version of how they see things, and hate on a team's accomplishments for stupid invalid reasons that they twist into something that somehow makes sense in their messed up hater brains.

Bostonjorge
04-22-2014, 12:19 AM
Dear god... :laugh2:

:laugh:

I am sorry... but i can not include Mj in anything like this; for 8 straight yrs, he was able to rein hell on everyone by being the only player (the originator) to receive super star treatment calls.

No one or no team, can maintain against that in a 7 game series. This is why, jordan didn't win until these calls stated happening (the end of the bad boys era).

But I am not saying that Jordan would not have won titles... He just would not have been 6 for 6.

That's about half fair. The refs made these calls and maybe because of the league who knows. Jordan for sure didn't ask or force these calls. Jordan never flopped or flared his arms to get these calls. U can't say the same about Miami players who are some of the most notorious arm flaring floppers who also receive superstar calls.

Jeffy25
04-22-2014, 03:03 AM
That's about half fair. The refs made these calls and maybe because of the league who knows. Jordan for sure didn't ask or force these calls. Jordan never flopped or flared his arms to get these calls. U can't say the same about Miami players who are some of the most notorious arm flaring floppers who also receive superstar calls.

According to a player poll, no heat players are in the top 15

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/multimedia/photo_gallery/1104/nba.biggest.flopper/content.1.html?mobile=no

Couple of lakers at the time of this poll though

Dade County
04-22-2014, 07:54 AM

Yeah Jordan wasn't a flopper, but he did make it his business to get into the refs ear every game. Lbj gets the super star calls mainly; I wouldn't say bosh gets any star calls, and Wade is ordered to take the back sit role, so until he is given permission, he doesn't play aggressively (this is where the fake injuries come in to play, and what not).

SportsFanatic10
04-22-2014, 11:50 AM
Yeah Jordan wasn't a flopper, but he did make it his business to get into the refs ear every game. Lbj gets the super star calls mainly; I wouldn't say bosh gets any star calls, and Wade is ordered to take the back sit role, so until he is given promotion, he doesn't play aggressively (this is where the fake injuries come in to play, and what not).

dude i know you're a fellow heat fan, but some of this conspiracy nonsense and nba=entertainment stuff that you live by is a bit much. and it's even annoying other heat supporters. now wade's faking injuries to appear to take a backseat to lebron? no, wade has no meniscus in his left knee and it's been that way his whole career. he's 32 and wearing down and lebron is the best player in the world. wade has unselfishly recognized this and done whats best for the team, he isn't ordered to do anything. nor is he waiting on a "promotion" lol. i agree wade doesn't seem to get calls anymore for some reason(even when healthy like only 3ft attempts in game 1), but when rested like he is now he'll have a very solid postseason imo.

Bring The Heat
04-22-2014, 12:02 PM
Yeah Dade County lol your a bit on the extreme homie.... If you really think the NBA is like this and all the players are behind it don't you think at least one player would've came out and spoke about it? All these players working hard on their game in high school/college getting to The Pros only to find out they are in a fake entertainment business where all the outcomes are predetermined and they have to stay quiet about it? Lol.

Bring The Heat
04-22-2014, 12:05 PM
And let me tell you they planned out just perfect last year... They asked Kawhi Leonard to miss that one free throw which he obeyed and followed his orders and they knew Ray Allen would not miss that shot with 5 seconds left on the clock to tie the game.. They just wanted to scare everybody into thinking the spurs were going to win it all along

Dade County
04-22-2014, 02:47 PM
dude i know you're a fellow heat fan, but some of this conspiracy nonsense and nba=entertainment stuff that you live by is a bit much. and it's even annoying other heat supporters. now wade's faking injuries to appear to take a backseat to lebron? no, wade has no meniscus in his left knee and it's been that way his whole career. he's 32 and wearing down and lebron is the best player in the world. wade has unselfishly recognized this and done whats best for the team, he isn't ordered to do anything. nor is he waiting on a "promotion" lol. i agree wade doesn't seem to get calls anymore for some reason(even when healthy like only 3ft attempts in game 1), but when rested like he is now he'll have a very solid postseason imo.

lol... permission... thank you

I believe what I believe, I know 90% of fans want believe me (nor should they); and they don't see what i see. I really don't care about that, but at least I tried.

Yeah Dade County lol your a bit on the extreme homie.... If you really think the NBA is like this and all the players are behind it don't you think at least one player would've came out and spoke about it?

Yes... you are right.

But I feel that one day, it will get exposed... and thats when **** will hit the fan (I just hope some of these guys don't commit suicide).

All these players working hard on their game in high school/college getting to The Pros only to find out they are in a fake entertainment business where all the outcomes are predetermined and they have to stay quiet about it? Lol.

I don't believe that all of them are in on it... I believe they only select a few, and it's more about point shaving and entertainment purposes.

I believe that if a series comes down to a game 7, that final outcome is real; but most of what happen before that, would be scripted.

Dade County
04-22-2014, 02:52 PM
And let me tell you they planned out just perfect last year... They asked Kawhi Leonard to miss that one free throw which he obeyed and followed his orders and they knew Ray Allen would not miss that shot with 5 seconds left on the clock to tie the game.. They just wanted to scare everybody into thinking the spurs were going to win it all along

You are being too much now...

They tried to pull one over on Lbj, go back and look at the game.. look at Lbj facial expression, he has I've been got all over it.

The HEAT had to really come back and win that game... Stern tried to pull a fast one on his way out.

Jeffy25
04-22-2014, 07:21 PM
Lebron has the most to lose by not winning this year.

If he doesn't three peat here, he probably won't ever three-peat in his career. And that will make it very difficult for him to ever match comps with guys like Jordan as all-time greats.....even if he ends up being better in the regular season in his career than Jordan, not three-peating will hurt his legacy.

Pablonovi
04-22-2014, 07:34 PM
Lebron has the most to lose by not winning this year.

If he doesn't three peat here, he probably won't ever three-peat in his career. And that will make it very difficult for him to ever match comps with guys like Jordan as all-time greats.....even if he ends up being better in the regular season in his career than Jordan, not three-peating will hurt his legacy.

Hey Jeffy25,
This is probably true.

Bostonjorge
04-22-2014, 09:07 PM
According to a player poll, no heat players are in the top 15

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/multimedia/photo_gallery/1104/nba.biggest.flopper/content.1.html?mobile=no

Couple of lakers at the time of this poll though

Every other list u can find has 3 current heat players(James, wade and shane) in the top 10.

Jeffy25
04-22-2014, 09:12 PM
Every other list u can find has 3 current heat players(James, wade and shane) in the top 10.

what lists?

DillyDill
04-22-2014, 09:26 PM
Let's stop playing around and change the "If" to "When", because we all know barring a catastrophic injury to anyone their 3peating. Logically I don't see any team in the league taking them down.

Bostonjorge
04-22-2014, 09:37 PM
what lists?
http://m.bleacherreport.com/articles/1431808-the-20-biggest-floppers-in-sports-today

This first one is for sports not just basketball

http://sports-kings.com/passthepill/the-top-10-nba-floppers-all-time/

http://m.bleacherreport.com/articles/1534550-nbas-10-biggest-floppers/page/10

http://www.sportscity.com/lebron-ginobili-among-nbas-top-10-most-egregious-floppers/2013/05/28/

It's a lot easier to find list's with heat players on it then not.

jerellh528
04-22-2014, 10:03 PM
i'm glad i could give you a laugh! i'm just fed up with all these agenda driven heat hating posts. people seriously need to get lives instead of altering history in their minds to fit their version of how they see things, and hate on a team's accomplishments for stupid invalid reasons that they twist into something that somehow makes sense in their messed up hater brains.

Well, that's their prerogative

mngopher35
04-22-2014, 10:06 PM
Let's stop playing around and change the "If" to "When", because we all know barring a catastrophic injury to anyone their 3peating. Logically I don't see any team in the league taking them down.

Really? I understand saying this about the east (although in the playoffs we never know what's gonna happen). Whatever team comes out of the West should be great though.

DillyDill
04-22-2014, 10:15 PM
Really? I understand saying this about the east (although in the playoffs we never know what's gonna happen). Whatever team comes out of the West should be great though.
Yes I really believe this. What team do you see knocking them off? Factor in any team coming out West will be beat up anyway think about it.

Jeffy25
04-22-2014, 10:18 PM
http://m.bleacherreport.com/articles/1431808-the-20-biggest-floppers-in-sports-today

This first one is for sports not just basketball

http://sports-kings.com/passthepill/the-top-10-nba-floppers-all-time/

http://m.bleacherreport.com/articles/1534550-nbas-10-biggest-floppers/page/10

http://www.sportscity.com/lebron-ginobili-among-nbas-top-10-most-egregious-floppers/2013/05/28/

It's a lot easier to find list's with heat players on it then not.

You realize those are all individual blog postings by fans, right?

At least the one I linked to was by the players.

Here are the Heat players that have been fined for a flop

Chalmers - twice
Bosh - once
Lebron - once

The Pacers appear to be fined the most for flops fwiw

But 'lists' by fans don't really back up your point.

mngopher35
04-22-2014, 10:21 PM
Yes I really believe this. What team do you see knocking them off? Factor in any team coming out West will be beat up anyway think about it.

I think people over exaggerate that last part a bit, unless injuries take place (playoffs have extra rest time). I think that the Thunder and Spurs for sure seem to be on the Heat's level. I also personally think the Clippers would be a threat, especially if they prove they can make it out of the west. I wouldn't necessarily say I wouldn't favor the Heat in any of these match ups, just that I think it would be a good series that could go either way.

DillyDill
04-22-2014, 10:37 PM
I think people over exaggerate that last part a bit, unless injuries take place (playoffs have extra rest time). I think that the Thunder and Spurs for sure seem to be on the Heat's level. I also personally think the Clippers would be a threat, especially if they prove they can make it out of the west. I wouldn't necessarily say I wouldn't favor the Heat in any of these match ups, just that I think it would be a good series that could go either way.
No exaggeration just think if Western teams are constantly going to gm 6's and 7's every round, your telling me that those extra gms played don't beat the body up more?

mngopher35
04-22-2014, 10:54 PM
No exaggeration just think if Western teams are constantly going to gm 6's and 7's every round, your telling me that those extra gms played don't beat the body up more?

Last couple of years it was the heat going 7 games in the ecf and they looked alright to me in the finals. I am saying that while I think it can take more out of you the playoffs give time for rest and as long as you avoid injury you should be fine coming into the finals. Another idea could be that the harder series prepare you more for whats ahead.

Either way I think the teams I listed all would have a chance and it isn't a for gone conclusion at this point...

DillyDill
04-22-2014, 11:17 PM
Last couple of years it was the heat going 7 games in the ecf and they looked alright to me in the finals. I am saying that while I think it can take more out of you the playoffs give time for rest and as long as you avoid injury you should be fine coming into the finals. Another idea could be that the harder series prepare you more for whats ahead.

Either way I think the teams I listed all would have a chance and it isn't a for gone conclusion at this point...
Yea that's true it prepares you by also draining you. But all those teams listed don't have the best player in the world, plus a bonus in a healthy Wade. After I saw him vs Cats looking fresher and rejuvenated than ever I knew nobody was messing with them. He was always the X-factor, healthy Wade= over for lg.

Pablonovi
04-23-2014, 12:03 AM
You realize those are all individual blog postings by fans, right?

At least the one I linked to was by the players.

Here are the Heat players that have been fined for a flop

Chalmers - twice
Bosh - once
Lebron - once

The Pacers appear to be fined the most for flops fwiw

But 'lists' by fans don't really back up your point.

Hey Jeff25,
This whole bru-ha-ha about flopping IS flopping by the very fans who bring it up; making a big deal over something tiny. The amount of flopping, as per your mini-list, is miniscule; thus a NON-ISSUE. Therefore, those you place emphasis on it are NOT being driven by a desire to ascertain the truth and/or put things in their proper perspective. On the contrary, they "have an axe to grind" - but it's not working.

Hardaway Here
04-23-2014, 12:18 AM

The Heat have played more games then any other team the last 3 years coming into this post season so the amount of games any team plays leading up to the finals is irrelevant. The heat have more stress on their bodies than anyone else

mngopher35
04-23-2014, 01:08 AM
Yea that's true it prepares you by also draining you. But all those teams listed don't have the best player in the world, plus a bonus in a healthy Wade. After I saw him vs Cats looking fresher and rejuvenated than ever I knew nobody was messing with them. He was always the X-factor, healthy Wade= over for lg.

Well I will say I agree about Wade potentially. We haven't seen him healthy at full strength in the post-season the last couple years but it looks like we might this year. Also the best player in the game is currently an open competition and the Thunder which I mentioned have the other player as well as westbrook as a bonus.

As Hardaway said as well they have played more games over the past 3 years than any team so the fatigue argument just isn't one I personally like or agree with (that goes for the Heat as well). If an injury occurs and a player isn't 100% then there is a difference though.

DillyDill
04-23-2014, 02:32 AM
The Heat have played more games then any other team the last 3 years coming into this post season so the amount of games any team plays leading up to the finals is irrelevant. The heat have more stress on their bodies than anyone else
Well I stand corrected, you and mngopher35 are 100% right on the money It's impossible to argue against, going on 4 straight final appearances. You guys should have the most wear and tear out every team.

DillyDill
04-23-2014, 02:36 AM
Well I will say I agree about Wade potentially. We haven't seen him healthy at full strength in the post-season the last couple years but it looks like we might this year. Also the best player in the game is currently an open competition and the Thunder which I mentioned have the other player as well as westbrook as a bonus.

As Hardaway said as well they have played more games over the past 3 years than any team so the fatigue argument just isn't one I personally like or agree with (that goes for the Heat as well). If an injury occurs and a player isn't 100% then there is a difference though.
The difference between the two teams are Wade has taken a backseat to the best player in world while Westbrook still hasn't. Until Westy takes on the Wade role for OKC their not beating Miami.

mngopher35
04-23-2014, 10:03 AM
The difference between the two teams are Wade has taken a backseat to the best player in world while Westbrook still hasn't. Until Westy takes on the Wade role for OKC their not beating Miami.

I can agree that they are more likely to win, you certainly aren't the only person to think that. I just disagreed with the idea that it is over already. I think there are a couple teams who have a decent chance to beat them in a series, unfortunately all of those teams are in the west though (unless indy gets back on track somehow). Basically if any of the teams I mentioned play the Heat in the finals I would be excited to watch that series because I believe it could go either way.

Crackadalic
04-23-2014, 11:19 AM
Only on psd is a Miami threepeat consider water down

You can make the argument about the early lakers in the 50's in C's in the 60's playing in a water down league

Bulls first threepeat
90-91 season. East was weak
Played against a last leg lakers team

91-92 east had three teams in the playoffs under 500 and beat a good trailblazers team

92-93 2nd seed and beat a good suns teams

Their 2nd threepeat has similar results. Water down east and getting it done with beating the west in the finals

The lakers threepeat played better competition out west, a good pacers team, a offensive anemic 76ers teams and a ok nets team

My point in all this is all the threepeat teams have reason to not be as great because of competition in early rounds or final rounds but the one thing they should all be praise is the Consistency to even threepeat

If Miami threepeat it should be held at a high standard as much as it pains me as a knick fan but it's a great accomplishment and even more so with a possible 4th straight finals

If you want to rank which was better then fine but to disregard it with asterisk etc and all this nonsense is just pure bull

Pablonovi
04-23-2014, 12:18 PM
Only on psd is a Miami threepeat consider water down

You can make the argument about the early lakers in the 50's in C's in the 60's playing in a water down league

Bulls first threepeat
90-91 season. East was weak
Played against a last leg lakers team

91-92 east had three teams in the playoffs under 500 and beat a good trailblazers team

92-93 2nd seed and beat a good suns teams

Their 2nd threepeat has similar results. Water down east and getting it done with beating the west in the finals

The lakers threepeat played better competition out west, a good pacers team, a offensive anemic 76ers teams and a ok nets team

My point in all this is all the threepeat teams have reason to not be as great because of competition in early rounds or final rounds but the one thing they should all be praise is the Consistency to even threepeat

If Miami threepeat it should be held at a high standard as much as it pains me as a knick fan but it's a great accomplishment and even more so with a possible 4th straight finals

If you want to rank which was better then fine but to disregard it with asterisk etc and all this nonsense is just pure bull

Hey Crackadalic,
Pretty well said

Bartlee23
04-23-2014, 12:46 PM
I agree with Crackadalic as well and it pains me being a Bulls fan. What I don't hear about a lot though is how much respect San Antonio should be given for the years they have remained competitive titles won or not. They seem to always be there well coached, great players, great organization!

In my opinion the NBA is just different now accept it or not. The rules are basically the same but the way the game is being played has changed a bit.

DillyDill
04-23-2014, 12:57 PM
I can agree that they are more likely to win, you certainly aren't the only person to think that. I just disagreed with the idea that it is over already. I think there are a couple teams who have a decent chance to beat them in a series, unfortunately all of those teams are in the west though (unless indy gets back on track somehow). Basically if any of the teams I mentioned play the Heat in the finals I would be excited to watch that series because I believe it could go either way.

O I'm excited for the Finals 2. I want to badly see KD/Bron rematch should be hell of epic but I got Bron winning in 7 because of Wade knowing his role and his rejuvenated body. The matchup on paper is whats exciting Big 3 vs Big 3.