PDA

View Full Version : Steve Kerr expected to be offered Knicks HC job

spreadeagle
04-18-2014, 12:29 PM
According to a source close to the situation, Kerr “absolutely expects” to be offered the job. “And if he’s offered the job, he’s definitely going to do it,” the source told The Post.

The Post has learned Kerr has had conversations with his bosses at Turner Sports about adjusting his schedule as an analyst during the upcoming playoffs should he be named the Knicks’ head coach. http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/04/18/report-steve-kerr-expects-to-be-offered-will-take-knicks-coaching-job/

NYKnickFanatic
04-18-2014, 12:32 PM
Misleading title.

He EXPECTS to be offered the job.

KnicksorBust
04-18-2014, 12:35 PM
We are already talking about this in the Knicks forum. It's a great fit. Guaranteed we will put the triangle offense in and that will get rid of this terrible iso ball / stagnant offense that Melo and JR Smith have been shoving down Knicks fans throats for the last 2 seasons. It cost us the playoffs this season.

spreadeagle
04-18-2014, 12:42 PM
Misleading title.

and why would he expect to be offered it...cause someone (Phil) has probably told him hes gunna get it

smood999
04-18-2014, 01:22 PM
We are already talking about this in the Knicks forum. It's a great fit. Guaranteed we will put the triangle offense in and that will get rid of this terrible iso ball / stagnant offense that Melo and JR Smith have been shoving down Knicks fans throats for the last 2 seasons. It cost us the playoffs this season.

I'm pretty sure defense was the biggest issue and that they were one of the best teams in terms of offensive efficiency from the time Bargs went out...

Not defending it...it definitely killed the Knicks in late game situations but I would have to say defense was by far the bigger issue

P&GRealist
04-18-2014, 01:25 PM
Misleading title.

Lol you are so naive young one

NYKnickFanatic
04-18-2014, 01:31 PM
Lol you are so naive young one

How? Woodson is still the coach. Kerr hasn't even been offered the job, yet. He simply says, if he is offered it, he would take it.

P&GRealist
04-18-2014, 01:33 PM
How? Woodson is still the coach. Kerr hasn't even been offered the job, yet. He simply says, if he is offered it, he would take it.

Do you not understand the politics and behind the scenes life of the NBA?

Sometimes, you have to stop being so politically correct about things and view things for what they really are my man.

KnicksorBust
04-18-2014, 01:39 PM
I'm pretty sure defense was the biggest issue and that they were one of the best teams in terms of offensive efficiency from the time Bargs went out...

Not defending it...it definitely killed the Knicks in late game situations but I would have to say defense was by far the bigger issue

When did I say it was the biggest issue?

NYKnickFanatic
04-18-2014, 01:40 PM

Sometimes, you have to stop being so politically correct about things and view things for what they really are my man.

Enlighten me, brotha. I'm just a youngin' in the game, ya dig?

abe_froman
04-18-2014, 01:42 PM
Misleading title.

it stands to reason that he'll be it
-knows the triangle
-he and phil are friends/of similar mind on basketball stuff
-was phil's top choice if the seattle thing ever got off the ground

NYKnickFanatic
04-18-2014, 01:45 PM
it stands to reason that he'll be it
-knows the triangle
-he and phil are friends/of similar mind on basketball stuff
-was phil's top choice if the seattle thing ever got off the ground

Hopefully, but nothing ever goes the Knicks way, so let's see.

Supreme LA
04-18-2014, 01:45 PM

He never said it was their biggest problem. In any case, running a good offense with balance and protecting the ball can also be a good defense. I'm thrilled for the Knicks because I'll actually be able to see the triangle in action again, something I thought would be gone from the game for good.

Beltrans Mole
04-18-2014, 01:51 PM

lolwut

P&GRealist
04-18-2014, 01:51 PM
Hopefully, but nothing ever goes the Knicks way, so let's see.

And that's the type of thinking that has led to you guys not having won a championship in 41 yrs. You guys blame everything else in this world but yourselves. Bad decision making, bad free agent signings (Amare max contract in summer 2010), bad trades (gave up everything but your soul for Melo), not fully developing the young players or holding on to them way too long (Shumpert), not hiring an above average intelligent head coach, bad front office figures (Isaiah back in the day), owner lacking rapport with people and players within the organization for all these yrs.

Blame yourselves for why you guys are in the position you are. Not fate.

P&GRealist
04-18-2014, 01:53 PM
Enlighten me, brotha. I'm just a youngin' in the game, ya dig?

You're getting enlightened as we speak young buck.

smood999
04-18-2014, 02:04 PM

you said it cost the Knicks the playoffs...I'm disagreeing with that. Defense was more of a cause although the ISO ball did cost them a few close games. At the same time, if they got stops in those games...they still would've won.

NYKnickFanatic
04-18-2014, 02:15 PM
And that's the type of thinking that has led to you guys not having won a championship in 41 yrs. You guys blame everything else in this world but yourselves. Bad decision making, bad free agent signings (Amare max contract in summer 2010), bad trades (gave up everything but your soul for Melo), not fully developing the young players or holding on to them way too long (Shumpert), not hiring an above average intelligent head coach, bad front office figures (Isaiah back in the day), owner lacking rapport with people and players within the organization for all these yrs.

Blame yourselves for why you guys are in the position you are. Not fate.

Lol I'm not blaming fate, dude...

I know how terrible our management has been.

P&GRealist
04-18-2014, 02:24 PM
Lol I'm not blaming fate, dude...

I know how terrible our management has been.

You have Phil now. That's a great start.

todu82
04-18-2014, 02:32 PM
He seems to be the top choice but you would think and hope a more exhaustive search would take place for coach of one of the NBA's more iconic franchises.

GiantsSwaGG
04-18-2014, 02:34 PM

You been smoking that JR Smith huh

Hellcrooner
04-18-2014, 02:55 PM
Odom Check.

Triangle musketeer that played for him as coach; Check.

Next moves.

Offer Fisher a spot on the Coaching staff.

Try to fool lakers into a pau for bargs ( who fits dumbtoni style) or Stoudamire sign and trade.

KnicksorBust
04-18-2014, 03:05 PM

you said it cost the Knicks the playoffs...I'm disagreeing with that. Defense was more of a cause although the ISO ball did cost them a few close games. At the same time, if they got stops in those games...they still would've won.

We missed the playoffs by 2 games. You just said iso ball cost us a few games. Run the numbers bud. :)

RLundi
04-18-2014, 04:01 PM
I'd love the PJ-Kerr pairing. They have a lot of work to do but I think Steve Kerr is so underrated as a great NBA mind. Idk how effective Phil will be as GM but his name and regime are enough to attract at least a few names.

I like where the Knicks are going, front office-wise anyway.

They need to let Melo go, bottom out next year and start over once all their contracts expire in 2015.

John Walls Era
04-18-2014, 08:57 PM
He was actually an ok gm. But I think he should be ok at coaching.

ohreally
04-18-2014, 09:42 PM
Metta and Fisher on their way as well? Rod an played a "high profile" game recently as well--May as we'll take him along as well.

But seriously, just seems like a bad idea for Kerr. He hasn't established an identity as a coach and it seems he's taking a job as a front man for a ghost writer.

NBA_Starter
04-18-2014, 09:47 PM
For some reason I just don't know about this idea.

slashsnake
04-18-2014, 11:12 PM
I am curious of who they will hire. If it is Kerr, well that looks like Phil isn't looking at a return to coaching after next season. If they get someone who looks short term or keep Woodson one more year, I'd think Phil's comeback to the sideline is a lot more imminent.

KnicksorBust
04-18-2014, 11:15 PM
I'd love the PJ-Kerr pairing. They have a lot of work to do but I think Steve Kerr is so underrated as a great NBA mind. Idk how effective Phil will be as GM but his name and regime are enough to attract at least a few names.

I like where the Knicks are going, front office-wise anyway.

They need to let Melo go, bottom out next year and start over once all their contracts expire in 2015.

Dead honesty? We are more likely to build a title contender if Melo leaves via trade or FA. But if he stays I will 100% support the decision.