PDA

View Full Version : Carmelo Anthony: ""At this point in my career, it's about winning."

FOBolous
04-18-2014, 01:01 AM
http://espn.go.com/new-york/nba/story/_/id/10797307/carmelo-says-winning-most-important-factor-free-agency-decision

GREENBURGH, N.Y. -- Carmelo Anthony said on Thursday he'd like to re-sign with the New York Knicks this summer but first would need assurances that team president Phil Jackson can build a winner around him.

"I want to come back. But I also want to win," Anthony said after his exit interview with Jackson at the team's practice facility. "You know, me wanting to be here, if we can put ourselves in position to at least compete at a high level over the course of [the next contract], then I'm willing to stay here and I'm willing to ride or die for New York.

"You know, I've never once said I wanted to leave. I always said that I wanted to explore my options, I wanted to see what's out there."

Anthony plans to opt out of the final year of his contract and test free agency this summer.

The Knicks can offer Anthony a five-year contract worth $129,135,806. If he signs with another team, the maximum he can get is $95,897,372 over four years. Those numbers are based on the assumption Anthony, one of the top scorers in the NBA, will sign a max contract.

Anthony stressed Thursday that he wouldn't make his decision based on finances.

"At this point in my career, it's about winning," he said. "Nothing else even matters."

The Knicks, Anthony said, failed to meet his expectations this season. They finished 37-45 and in ninth place in the Eastern Conference, missing out on the playoffs for the first time in four seasons.

The team isn't expected to have much of an opportunity to re-shape the roster this summer. Even if Anthony signs with another team, the Knicks still will be over the salary cap thanks to the contracts for Andrea Bargnani ($11.5 million in 2014-15), Amar'e Stoudemire ($23.4 million) and Tyson Chandler ($14.6 million).

Some believe Jackson will allow the contracts of Bargnani, Chandler and Stoudemire to expire after next season and rebuild the roster in the summer of 2015. The Knicks may have significant cap space that summer. They also have a first-round draft pick in 2015.

Anthony, though, said he isn't interested in waiting until 2015-16 to build a team that can compete for a title.

"I don't know if I can afford to wait another season of losing," said Anthony, 29. "I really can't see that picture right now."

The 11-year veteran added: "I'm not at a point in my career when I want to rebuild. [Hopefully] we can work with the pieces that we have and Phil brings his knowledge of running a basketball program, organization, to this. Then we can have a lot to talk about."

The Chicago Bulls, Houston Rockets, Los Angeles Lakers and Los Angeles Clippers are among the teams expected to pursue Anthony this summer. Anthony was somewhat vague Thursday when talking about the possibility of playing for another team.

"You never know," he said. "Sometimes the grass isn't always greener on the other side. This is stuff that I'm going to have to sit down with my family and really figure [out]. This is not a decision that's going to happen overnight. It's going to take some time."

Anthony is coming off one of the best seasons in his career. The All-Star forward finished second in the league in scoring (27.4 point per game) and also averaged a career-high 8.1 rebounds. Anthony suffered a small tear in his right labrum in early April and sat out the Knicks' final two games. He has started to rehabilitate the injury, which isn't expected to require surgery.

Before finishing his session with reporters on Thursday, Anthony offered support for coach Mike Woodson. The Knicks' struggles this season have resulted in widespread speculation about Woodson's job status.

"If he needs my recommendation, whether it's here or anywhere else, I'll back him," said Anthony, who appeared to grow emotional when talking about Woodson. "I have nothing bad to say about Mike Woodson. I support him.

"For me as a player, I had some of my best years under Mike Woodson. So I would never have anything bad to say about Mike Woodson."

So i think Anthony is as good as gone....probably to Chicago or Houston.

Hawkeye15
04-18-2014, 01:02 AM
we shall see.

Mousedog332
04-18-2014, 01:13 AM
Then come to Chicago if you are about winning.

Slug3
04-18-2014, 01:16 AM
He also said he wants to stay as well. So who knows.

More-Than-Most
04-18-2014, 01:20 AM
he shouldn't be there... The knicks are the worst. That being said they should want him to leave. He is making top player salary but isn't even top 15 in the nba. They have no shot with him so they should start to rebuild.

*Superman*
04-18-2014, 01:20 AM
Bulls.

Kaner
04-18-2014, 01:30 AM
Yeah the Knicks only option seems to be to wait for their current contracts to expire and Melo all but says thats not acceptable.

Not sure if he's leaving or not but this interview does make it sound like he's leaning towards leaving.

Mousedog332
04-18-2014, 01:34 AM
Yeah it doesnt make sense, he says he wants to win now but he wants to stay with the Knicks. Well, the Knicks are going to be rebuilding now so you are not gonna win Melo, COME TO THE BULLS!

kobe4thewinbang
04-18-2014, 01:44 AM
If he leaves, so much for getting Phil Jackson. I don't even think he could turn that team around in one year. They will make the playoffs next season, but likely to be a first round exit (maybe second round). If that outcome gels with Carmelo's need for them to be competitive, he *might* stick around. But I think he's going to look at other teams and where they stand ahead of the Knicks right now, and go elsewhere.

P&GRealist
04-18-2014, 01:45 AM
Chicago is the best place and fit for him.

Iron24th
04-18-2014, 02:10 AM
I see him staying, but if he leaves, it will be to chitown, he'll never go to the tough west, his only chance is chicago.

$GangGr33n$
04-18-2014, 02:38 AM
If you see the actual interview he says he wouldn't want want to leave and that he wants to stay and if the Knicks would be competitive for the next 5 years he'd stay. He also says that he never said he wanted to leave he just wants to see his options and that he needs to really think about it because the grass isn't always greener on the other side. He did however say he's not at a point where he wants to wait a year or rebuild so we'll see what happens.

raiderposting
04-18-2014, 02:45 AM
He's leaving. No doubt. Drose/melo/Noah is nice.

abe_froman
04-18-2014, 02:46 AM
yeah,sounds like he's gone

Kashmir13579
04-18-2014, 06:05 AM
Carmelo low-iq chucker selfish cancer boring iso

jayjay33
04-18-2014, 06:36 AM
Damn I wanna see him with the bulls.

sammyvine
04-18-2014, 06:43 AM
Good luck knicks paying Melo $129,135,806.

He is not worth that. He isn't a franchise player. Dirk had questions marks before he broke through but he was much better than Melo, is an all first team player and won an MVP?

What has melo achieved? a scoring title?

DitchDat
04-18-2014, 07:06 AM
It should always be about winning

Melo is a joke

N.Carolina King
04-18-2014, 07:27 AM

Lmao u can't be serious...is this your strategy for dealing with losing your best player is to say ridiculous things about him....he's the 2nd best pure scorer in the NBA, he's the only reasons NY won more than 20 games.....any team would welcome him with open arms...get outta here

arlubas
04-18-2014, 07:44 AM
And where would the Knicks be exactly without this so called "low-iq chucker selfish cancer boring iso"? Yeah, that's what I thought.

smood999
04-18-2014, 08:11 AM
And where would the Knicks be exactly without this so called "low-iq chucker selfish cancer boring iso"? Yeah, that's what I thought.

Winning 23 games a year again, but with a likeable, fun, homegrown team. In his defense though, he's never wanted Melo on the Knicks. He's always criticized him. You are right though...as bad as this season has been, it's still better record wise than almost every season the previous decade before he got there. Also, his 3 seasons here have been the best stretch for the Knicks since the 90's. This season isn't acceptable at all, but I guess some people forget just how bad the Knicks were for a long time.

MELO 15
04-18-2014, 08:58 AM
Carmelo low-iq chucker selfish cancer boring iso Stop the madness!

Dade County
04-18-2014, 09:04 AM
I see him staying, but if he leaves, it will be to chitown, he'll never go to the tough west, his only chance is chicago.

I disagree...

Melo best chance at winning (and still getting paid), is Houston or the Clippers. If Melo really wants to win then he would contact one of his brotherhood members in Lbj and try to get on the HEAT (all of them would have to take pay cuts, of like 11mil a year).

To me, Melo will be a Clipper because of his ties to Cp3.

arlubas
04-18-2014, 09:31 AM
Winning 23 games a year again, but with a likeable, fun, homegrown team. In his defense though, he's never wanted Melo on the Knicks. He's always criticized him. You are right though...as bad as this season has been, it's still better record wise than almost every season the previous decade before he got there. Also, his 3 seasons here have been the best stretch for the Knicks since the 90's. This season isn't acceptable at all, but I guess some people forget just how bad the Knicks were for a long time.
Oh believe me I haven't forgotten one bit, seeing as I've been a knicks fan since the early 90s. Which is exactly why I don't get his hate on Melo. Him coming to NY has produced the most excitement we've had for the past decade or more. It's certainly far better than overpaying for guys like Eddy Curry and Jerome James while they do nothing for us.

TylerSL
04-18-2014, 10:11 AM

4 real?

blahblahyoutoo
04-18-2014, 10:11 AM
he's gonna stay. melo is about me and the money.
he's going to take slightly less than max, which is still more than what other teams can offer and say "hey look, i took less money."

TylerSL
04-18-2014, 10:13 AM
I'm kinda rooting for him to go to Chicago. I mean Noah needs some help and if Rose ever returns to 100%, they would give us (Miami) a run for our money.

blahblahyoutoo
04-18-2014, 10:13 AM
Lmao u can't be serious...is this your strategy for dealing with losing your best player is to say ridiculous things about him....he's the 2nd best pure scorer in the NBA, he's the only reasons NY won more than 20 games.....any team would welcome him with open arms...get outta here

maybe 3rd or 4th. I have durant and curry and harden ahead of him.

AIMelo=KillaDUO
04-18-2014, 10:21 AM

You realize Melo was in the WC for almost 10 yrs? And was elite in the West? When you needed to win 50 games to get into the playoffs...

Jetsguy
04-18-2014, 10:25 AM
I dont see how anyone can read that and say he is def leaning towards leaving. There was way more about staying than leaving.

I have no idea what he will do, I think he should stay, I think it is good for the NBA to have him in NY and it keeps them on the map. They could rebuild without him or they could have another decade like the last one and be completely irrelevant.

D-Leethal
04-18-2014, 10:25 AM
4 real?

Kash is a Syracuse fanatic who despises Melo. Yea nobody gets it.

D-Leethal
04-18-2014, 10:29 AM
If you actually listened to his interview and aren't going by an 8 word excerpt of an excerpt of a quote, than you guys wouldn't be so confident he is leaving. He sounded to me like a guy who is gonna stay, and gushed about his conversation with Phil Jackson. He reiterated many times he wants to stay and he wasn't demanding a championship next year. He said he wants to see a plan and "at least be competitive next year".

Anthony said he enjoyed immensely his conversation with Jackson.

“[There was] some insight,’’ Anthony said. “Phil always comes with some kind of knowledge. Which is always good. We didn’t get into detail any specifics about anything. We went on a recap of the season. We didn’t get into details about anything specific.

“His knowledge and wisdom is something I can sit down and listen to all day long. He’s very philosophical. He has an answer for every scenario. He makes everything clear. Just the way he talks and his delivery, his message is something I can listen to all day.

“I got a better feeling from the simple fact Phil and I never had that kind of conversation before,’’ Anthony added. “It wasn’t nothing that was imminent, wasn’t nothing that I said, ‘OK let’s get this done right now,’ because we didn’t have that conversation.’’

I think its safe to say when he sits down with Phil this offseason, than Jim Buss, John Paxson and Daryl Morey's spreadsheet, he is gonna be sold on Phil's plan.

ScottFromCanada
04-18-2014, 10:30 AM

I don't get why everyone is flipping out about your comment because it's pretty accurate actually.

D-Leethal
04-18-2014, 10:34 AM
I don't get why everyone is flipping out about your comment because it's pretty accurate actually.

I would replace "low IQ" with "lack of trust" and there is no way Melo is a cancer. That word gets tossed around way too liberally.

Pierzynski4Prez
04-18-2014, 10:44 AM
I think its safe to say when he sits down with Phil this offseason, than Jim Buss, John Paxson and Daryl Morey's spreadsheet, he is gonna be sold on Phil's plan.

What plan could this possibly be that puts Melo in a better position to succeed over the duration of his next contract than what Houston and Chicago could offer? What can they possibly do for the next year? Those teams are already contending without Melo. Both have home-court advantage in the 1st round of the playoffs. Bulls are even a 48 win team and will be adding Derrick Rose with Anthony. The Knicks are coming off a season in which they won 37 games With Melo, have no draft picks in this upcoming draft, and no wiggle room in free agency for another full year.

Hmmm, sit around for a year and waste another year of my prime, or go play with Harden and Dwight, or Noah, Thibs, and the Bulls and become a heavy favorite to win a title. If he stays, it's for money and extra year, plain and simple. Not some plan that Phil presents that shows how the Knicks will be better than the Bulls or Rockets for the next 4-5 years. That's the point I'm trying to make here.

koreancabbage
04-18-2014, 10:47 AM
then go to Miami. Wade, Bosh, Lebron all opt out to sign for less and get Melo there LOL. that would be continued dominance for the next 4 years. 7-peat,if not then 4 peat if the Heat don't win it this year.

Wouldn't be surprised if they had the talk hahaha

All joking aside, is it me or does any think even though Melo and Lebron play the same "position" i think they compliment each other a ton.

FYL_McVeezy
04-18-2014, 10:50 AM
he's gonna stay. melo is about me and the money.
he's going to take slightly less than max, which is still more than what other teams can offer and say "hey look, i took less money."

You've been in the Knick forum for too long :laugh:

kozelkid
04-18-2014, 10:51 AM

I disagree...

Melo best chance at winning (and still getting paid), is Houston or the Clippers. If Melo really wants to win then he would contact one of his brotherhood members in Lbj and try to get on the HEAT (all of them would have to take pay cuts, of like 11mil a year).

You're not taking your meds again.

KnicksorBust
04-18-2014, 10:51 AM
What plan could this possibly be that puts Melo in a better position to succeed over the duration of his next contract than what Houston and Chicago could offer? What can they possibly do for the next year? Those teams are already contending without Melo. Both have home-court advantage in the 1st round of the playoffs. Bulls are even a 48 win team and will be adding Derrick Rose with Anthony. The Knicks are coming off a season in which they won 37 games With Melo, have no draft picks in this upcoming draft, and no wiggle room in free agency for another full year.

Hmmm, sit around for a year and waste another year of my prime, or go play with Harden and Dwight, or Noah, Thibs, and the Bulls and become a heavy favorite to win a title. If he stays, it's for money and extra year, plain and simple. Not some plan that Phil presents that shows how the Knicks will be better than the Bulls or Rockets for the next 4-5 years. That's the point I'm trying to make here.

I agree. If his #1 priority is winning as soon as possible there is no way he can stay in NY. We will have essentially the same team:

C - Chandler
PF - Stat
SF - Melo
SG - JR/Shump
PG - Felton

with Tim Hardaway Jr. as the main bench player. Adding Lamar Odom isn't going to bring us back to 50 wins.

FYL_McVeezy
04-18-2014, 10:53 AM
If you actually listened to his interview and aren't going by an 8 word excerpt of an excerpt of a quote, than you guys wouldn't be so confident he is leaving. He sounded to me like a guy who is gonna stay, and gushed about his conversation with Phil Jackson. He reiterated many times he wants to stay and he wasn't demanding a championship next year. He said he wants to see a plan and "at least be competitive next year".

Everyone here is just gonna ignore this post and continue on with their agenda.

If he leaves then so be it, but I can't wait to see the spin job the resident geniuses come up with if Melo stays for 5 yrs, 100-110mil.

They'll probably just use their "go-to move" (Melo's still fat, lazy, selfish, chucker, etc)

NYKnickFanatic
04-18-2014, 10:55 AM
then go to Miami. Wade, Bosh, Lebron all opt out to sign for less and get Melo there LOL. that would be continued dominance for the next 4 years. 7-peat,if not then 4 peat if the Heat don't win it this year.

All joking aside, is it me or does any think even though Melo and Lebron play the same "position" i think they compliment each other a ton.

They would be great together. Better than Wade and LeBron, IMO. Perfect compliments. LeBron is the teammate Melo needs.

IAmARanger18
04-18-2014, 10:58 AM
then come to chicago if you are about winning.

this

D-Leethal
04-18-2014, 11:22 AM

His preference is to stay in New York, and he basically said he wants to be able to be competitive next year and wants to hear a plan for the next 5 years. Its not like "whoever is going to be the best team next year wins". Knicks already have a leg up because he wants to be here - he just needs to be convinced Phil has a plan to contend for the next 5 years. He didn't say we have to contend next year, he just said he doesn't want to start from scratch and rebuild, and he said he "At least wants to be competitive next year".

It doesn't have to be "show me the how the Knicks will be better than the Bulls or Rockets", its "show me how the Knicks are going to be good enough to contend".

You guys are acting like he is pulling a 2007 Kobe, telling fans and his team he is gone unless they make a monster splash, telling fans to "go get a Bulls jersey fellas". He wants to be here, he just wants to be assured that things will be different over these next 5 years. He wants to be able to win, but that doesn't mean he is gonna pack up and go run to the best team available.

They were be a deadly combo at the 3/4. You can switch everything defensively and on offense its a match made in heaven with Melo's newfound deadly 3 ball.

KnicksorBust
04-18-2014, 11:25 AM
His preference is to stay in New York, and he basically said he wants to be able to be competitive next year and wants to hear a plan for the next 5 years. Its not like "whoever is going to be the best team next year wins". Knicks already have a leg up because he wants to be here - he just needs to be convinced Phil has a plan to contend for the next 5 years. He didn't say we have to contend next year, he just said he doesn't want to start from scratch and rebuild, and he said he "At least wants to be competitive next year".

It doesn't have to be "show me the how the Knicks will be better than the Bulls or Rockets", its "show me how the Knicks are going to be good enough to contend".

You guys are acting like he is pulling a 2007 Kobe, telling fans and his team he is gone unless they make a monster splash, telling fans to "go get a Bulls jersey fellas". He wants to be here, he just wants to be assured that things will be different over these next 5 years. He wants to be able to win, but that doesn't mean he is gonna pack up and go run to the best team available.

They were be a deadly combo at the 3/4. You can switch everything defensively and on offense its a match made in heaven with Melo's newfound deadly 3 ball.

Realistically though, how can you possibly convince Melo that the Knicks will be a contender next season?

D-Leethal
04-18-2014, 11:31 AM
Realistically though, how can you possibly convince Melo that the Knicks will be a contender next season?

He never said they have to be. He said he wants to contend over the next 5 years and "at least be competitive next year". He doesn't want it to be a throwaway year where we are trading guys like Tyson for picks and young players with our eyes on the lottery and 2015 FA. He wants to see an effort to compete next year. He basically said he doesn't expect Rome to be built in a day but doesn't want next year to be a complete and utter throwaway year. He wants to retool, not rebuild. I don't think thats impossible to do with our expirings, young guys, and still have a couple picks left.

There are ways we can get better next year and still leave room for a max in 2015.

Pierzynski4Prez
04-18-2014, 11:35 AM

I get he wants to be in NY and would prefer to win a title there. But my thoughts are more based around this quote of his and the realistic option that he even gets somewhat close in NY the next 1-3 years:

"I don't know if I can afford to wait another season of losing," said Anthony, 29. "I really can't see that picture right now."

How good do you think Phil can convince Melo the Knicks will be next year? Is just making the playoffs enough? The better they are, the worse their only other valuable asset they own (2015 draft pick) is.

D-Leethal
04-18-2014, 11:41 AM
I get he wants to be in NY and would prefer to win a title there. But my thoughts are more based around this quote of his and the realistic option that he even gets somewhat close in NY the next 1-3 years:

How good do you think Phil can convince Melo the Knicks will be next year? Is just making the playoffs enough? The better they are, the worse their only other valuable asset they own (2015 draft pick) is.

I don't think it will be that hard to convince him that with a coaching change, a switch from iso to the triangle, hopefully decent upgrade at PG, and maybe a trade using Hardaway + expiring for a guy like Pau Gasol can get us back towards the top of the East and using our 15-4 finish to the season as a way of saying "this team was better than its record". Give it hell next year and than the next season go shopping for another max to pair him with to finish his career in NY.

I don't think Phil is a guy who is too interested at tanking for a high draft pick either. He is a vet guy, he is 68 years old, I think he and Melo are in the same boat that they want to win sooner than later and tanking is out of the question.

D-Leethal
04-18-2014, 11:43 AM
My personal guess is that we go after Pau hard, sell him on playing in the triangle with Melo for a year with an opportunity to go hard after his brother in 2015.

KnicksorBust
04-18-2014, 11:45 AM
I don't think it will be that hard to convince him that with a coaching change, a switch from iso to the triangle, hopefully decent upgrade at PG, and maybe a trade using Hardaway + expiring for a guy like Pau Gasol can get us back towards the top of the East and using our 15-4 finish to the season as a way of saying "this team was better than its record". Give it hell next year and than the next season go shopping for another max to pair him with to finish his career in NY.

I don't think Phil is a guy who is too interested at tanking for a high draft pick either. He is a vet guy, he is 68 years old, I think he and Melo are in the same boat that they want to win sooner than later and tanking is out of the question.

If our big plan is grab a new PG (with no assets or cap space) and use our young players to get Pau Gasol. I'd leave.

D-Leethal
04-18-2014, 11:50 AM
If our big plan is grab a new PG (with no assets or cap space) and use our young players to get Pau Gasol. I'd leave.

After hearing Melo talk all season about lack of vets I don't think he feels the same way. Pau is a 17-10 guy in a system that isn't anywhere near suited for his skill set.

We have expirings galore, we have some young talent, we have a pick to dangle. We have enough assets to swing a trade for an upgrade at PG. We can also use Tyson as a chip and than try to swing a trade for Asik who Houston desperately wants to unload before his poison pill kicks in.

I am pretty confident Phil will be able to sell a plan as good as anyone possibly could.

QueensG_718
04-18-2014, 11:53 AM
Melo is coming back. He just likes the attention

Pierzynski4Prez
04-18-2014, 11:56 AM

I agree. What PG is Phil going to pull in with what, the mini-MLE? 3 million dollars to offer someone? Maybe get Pau Gasol (at best). Sounds to me like a winner.

Trading away a guy like Hardaway for a 35 year old Gasol is the type of move that got the Knicks into the mess they've been in for the last 14 years or so.

Pierzynski4Prez
04-18-2014, 12:00 PM
After hearing Melo talk all season about lack of vets I don't think he feels the same way. Pau is a 17-10 guy in a system that isn't anywhere near suited for his skill set.

We have expirings galore, we have some young talent, we have a pick to dangle. We have enough assets to swing a trade for an upgrade at PG. We can also use Tyson as a chip and than try to swing a trade for Asik who Houston desperately wants to unload before his poison pill kicks in.

I am pretty confident Phil will be able to sell a plan as good as anyone possibly could.

You can't trade your draft pick. The CBA doesn't allow teams to trade back to back picks, probably better for NY anyways.

What type of PG do you expect to get with simply sending expirings? And maybe Hardaway, you're only valuable piece after Melo? I can't see that package bringing back anything that makes Melo want to stay. If Phil is going to be good at his job, he won't be sending out expiring contracts for large ones. His plan needs to be 2015.

I'm confident in Phil's abilities. I'm not knocking him. But he has next to nothing to work with. And if short term is important to Melo, then NY is just a terrible situation for him.

bucketss
04-18-2014, 12:01 PM
lol hes outta there.

bucketss
04-18-2014, 12:04 PM

that declined lowry trade is gonna haunt you guys for awhile, probably just cost you melo!

KnicksorBust
04-18-2014, 12:06 PM
He never said they have to be. He said he wants to contend over the next 5 years and "at least be competitive next year". He doesn't want it to be a throwaway year where we are trading guys like Tyson for picks and young players with our eyes on the lottery and 2015 FA. He wants to see an effort to compete next year. He basically said he doesn't expect Rome to be built in a day but doesn't want next year to be a complete and utter throwaway year. He wants to retool, not rebuild. I don't think thats impossible to do with our expirings, young guys, and still have a couple picks left.

There are ways we can get better next year and still leave room for a max in 2015.

If Kerr is the coach, Gasol would be a great fit. Fun fact: the only non-Knicks jersey I own is Pau Gasol. :laugh: We just don't have the cap or assets to make it happen.

D-Leethal
04-18-2014, 12:06 PM
You can't trade your draft pick. The CBA doesn't allow teams to trade back to back picks, probably better for NY anyways.

What type of PG do you expect to get with simply sending expirings? And maybe Hardaway, you're only valuable piece after Melo? I can't see that package bringing back anything that makes Melo want to stay. If Phil is going to be good at his job, he won't be sending out expiring contracts for large ones. His plan needs to be 2015.

I'm confident in Phil's abilities. I'm not knocking him. But he has next to nothing to work with. And if short term is important to Melo, then NY is just a terrible situation for him.

I wasn't talking about next years pick. I was talking about the pick we had on the table for Lowry. We have expirings galore, we have a guy like Hardaway who is a solid chip and redundant on our roster, we have a pick, and we have Tyson Chandler who we can dangle and see whats out there. I also don't think its that difficult to sell him that this team completely underachieved all season using our late surge as evidence and pointing to glaring schematic flaws.

If you actually listened to the full interview yesterday, I don't think you would be so confident he's leaving. Even the quote you posted that piqued your interest the most was followed up with "so-called better situations might look that way but I know the grass isn't always greener".

D-Leethal
04-18-2014, 12:07 PM
that declined lowry trade is gonna haunt you guys for awhile, probably just cost you melo!

But it got us Phil and a new coach.

ScottFromCanada
04-18-2014, 12:10 PM
But it got us Phil and a new coach.

Was that pick you guys gave the raptors for Bargs unconditional because that going to be pretty awesome for us if Melo leaves.

BullsFTW
04-18-2014, 12:16 PM
I disagree...

Many Heat fans wouldn't want Melo in Chicago. Unlike the Pacers, the Bulls with Rose, Melo, Noah, and Thibs have legitimate chance of defeating the Heat.

I don't think he would go West. It's very competitive and he's better by staying in the East. Besides Clippers are great with their team, and the Rockets need a true PG, not another scorer.

Pierzynski4Prez
04-18-2014, 12:18 PM
I wasn't talking about next years pick. I was talking about the pick we had on the table for Lowry. We have expirings galore, we have a guy like Hardaway who is a solid chip and redundant on our roster, we have a pick, and we have Tyson Chandler who we can dangle and see whats out there. I also don't think its that difficult to sell him that this team completely underachieved all season using our late surge as evidence and pointing to glaring schematic flaws.

If you actually listened to the full interview yesterday, I don't think you would be so confident he's leaving. Even the quote you posted that piqued your interest the most was followed up with "so-called better situations might look that way but I know the grass isn't always greener".

Oh you mean the 2018 pick. Yep, there's your star PG right there. 2018 pick + Chandler and/or Hardaway (basically your best offer) gets you what exactly??? What player does that bring back that says contender to Melo? You can probably get a guy on an overpaid contract like Eric Gordon if you're lucky. But then you're left with 2 guys on huge contracts, one that pays him 20+ million into his mid 30s, and the other who has shown to be seriously injury prone. I think this situation is very familiar to NY fans.

For the record I think he does stay. I think he does give a slight discount, but nothing that really "helps" the team out in the near future. I think like 5/105 instead of 5/129 max.

dtmagnet
04-18-2014, 12:30 PM
Knicks are better off without him.

pacofunk64
04-18-2014, 12:46 PM
Knicks are better off without him.

That's my question is why would the Bulls want him? He's a #1 but if the Bulls want him they would have to get rid of some nice players to accommodate his salary.

I also don't get how Houston can afford all of these guys.

Pierzynski4Prez
04-18-2014, 12:55 PM
That's my question is why would the Bulls want him? He's a #1 but if the Bulls want him they would have to get rid of some nice players to accommodate his salary.

I can tell you the Bulls want him because adding Melo to a 48 win 4 seed elevates an already pretty good team into instant contention for years to come, when factoring in the amount of assets the Bulls own as well. This is our only chance to add another star player without trading away half the team. The Bulls should pursue him, but also be prepared to go another route.

Boozer definitely has to go for it to happen, and probably either Dunleavy or Taj, depending on how much $$ Melo wants. I think replacing those guys with Melo, and then whatever you get from Rose gets the Bulls to be a continual 60 win team for the next half decade.

Houston would 100% be a sign and trade with one of Asik/Lin going over along with whatever other assets they agree upon.

AddiX
04-18-2014, 01:06 PM

Not that I disagree, but the bulls aren't going anywhere with there current roster as is, even with rose back at 80% of what he was, there still a 3-5 seed team.

Melo with vets round him that know there role, a coach that demands accountability, and Noah/Rose.

On paper that looks pretty good.

effen5
04-18-2014, 01:10 PM
Not that I disagree, but the bulls aren't going anywhere with there current roster as is, even with rose back at 80% of what he was, there still a 3-5 seed team.

Melo with vets round him that know there role, a coach that demands accountability, and Noah/Rose.

On paper that looks pretty good.

Before roses injury we were a one seed back to back years with a healthy heat team in the conference, so how do you figure.

TheIlladelph16
04-18-2014, 01:16 PM
Before roses injury we were a one seed back to back years with a healthy heat team in the conference, so how do you figure.

Maybe it has something to do with the bolded.... The Bulls best player and former Top 5-10 player in the NBA hasn't played in two seasons, and you have no clue if he makes the same impact after those injuries. If he doesn't come back to at least all-star form, I don't see Noah leading a team to and winning the NBA Finals.

I hope Rose comes back the way he was, but I'm wildly skeptical about that ever happening.

smood999
04-18-2014, 01:19 PM
Maybe it has something to do with the bolded.... The Bulls best player and former Top 5-10 player in the NBA hasn't played in two seasons, and you have no clue if he makes the same impact after those injuries. If he doesn't come back to at least all-star form, I don't see Noah leading a team to and winning the NBA Finals.

I hope Rose comes back the way he was, but I'm wildly skeptical about that ever happening.

that and they may have been the top seed in the East then, but they were no where near capable of beating Mia in the playoffs...

hugepatsfan
04-18-2014, 01:21 PM

You can't really expect Rose to ever be as good as he was those years IMO. Not saying it's impossible but I'd bet against it. That makes you guys worse. Deng is gone too. I know Butler is a good player but I wouldn't say he's at the level Deng was when you guys were locking up those #1 seeds. That's a downgrade. Boozer has declined from his play in those years too. Another downgrade. Gibson and Noah have improved but overall I'd say you guys are worse than you were those #1 seed years. On top of that, Indiana is a lot better than they were back then, even though they struggled late this year. That makes the competition for a top seed greater.

I'd say that as constructed (which is what the poster you were quoting was talking about) you guys are the 3rd team in the East behind MIA and IND assuming Rose comes back at a somewhat reduced level of play. Now if Rose defies the odds and returns to the peak level of play he was at, that changes things. I think he was a little harsh with the 3-5 thing. I see you guys as a great bet to be #3 with a chance to maybe get a top 2 seed if things break your way.

effen5
04-18-2014, 01:33 PM
My point is that he said rose at 80%. Rose at 80% with melo and Noah who is having the best year of his career? Safe to say we'd be #1 again.

P&GRealist
04-18-2014, 01:35 PM
If he wants a sure bet at a championship, he will convince the big 3 to opt out and take even less this summer and join them in South Beach.

PG - who cares
SG - Wade
SF - Anthony
PF - James
C- Bosh

effen5
04-18-2014, 01:36 PM
You can't really expect Rose to ever be as good as he was those years IMO. Not saying it's impossible but I'd bet against it. That makes you guys worse. Deng is gone too. I know Butler is a good player but I wouldn't say he's at the level Deng was when you guys were locking up those #1 seeds. That's a downgrade. Boozer has declined from his play in those years too. Another downgrade. Gibson and Noah have improved but overall I'd say you guys are worse than you were those #1 seed years. On top of that, Indiana is a lot better than they were back then, even though they struggled late this year. That makes the competition for a top seed greater.

I'd say that as constructed (which is what the poster you were quoting was talking about) you guys are the 3rd team in the East behind MIA and IND assuming Rose comes back at a somewhat reduced level of play. Now if Rose defies the odds and returns to the peak level of play he was at, that changes things. I think he was a little harsh with the 3-5 thing. I see you guys as a great bet to be #3 with a chance to maybe get a top 2 seed if things break your way.

Melo would essentially replace dengs position, and with boozers major decline, and trading deng, we were tied for 3rd up until the last 2games

jeter 2
04-18-2014, 01:43 PM
I think for the Knicks to get back to the playoffs. It's going to have to start with effort. They have to bring it every game. The second thing is they need a starting-cailber point guard and the third is to build a bench. We have a strong starting lineup especially if Melo stays. A good bench to complement that could lead us back to the playoffs and maybe even the second and third round.

I think Chicago would be a great destination for Melo, but the problem is D-Rose can't stay healthy and they would have give up both Taj Gibson and Boozer. I honestly think with Jimmy Butler that waiting for 2015 for Kevin Love might be a better option for Chicago.

Pierzynski4Prez
04-18-2014, 01:43 PM
I wouldn't discount the Bulls from being on top or right with MIA and IND going forward, even if the Bulls don't get Melo. They are adding the 16th and 19th picks, Mirotic, and depending on whether they amnesty boozer (likely), they'll have room to add another player depending on Mirotic $$.

Pacers don't have a draft pick, could lose Stephenson. And are pretty locked into the big contracts of Hill, Hibbert, West, PG. Heat with another year of Wade to decline, along with the possibility of 1 of them leaving (doubtful though).

Bulls are right in the mix of things even with an 80% Rose. Personnel wise they have plenty of room to get better while the others not so much. Throw in the fact they have a 2015 Kings pick which is top 10 protected, the ability to swap with the Cavs next year if the Cavs are out of the lottery, on top of all their own.

JayW_1023
04-18-2014, 02:05 PM
If he wants to win that badly, he should accept a role as second banana on a contender.

mjt20mik
04-18-2014, 02:07 PM
He's going to leave unless Phil coaches (which isn't gonna happen). Knicks really have nothing to entice Melo to stay.

Seahawker562
04-18-2014, 02:15 PM
I think if we make a nice long run in the playoffs this year, he will be a Clipper. Young team on the rise missing a true SF. To play along side Griffin and Paul would be a dream come true scenario.

NYKnickFanatic
04-18-2014, 02:16 PM
I think if we make a nice long run in the playoffs this year, he will be a Clipper. Young team on the rise missing a true SF. To play along side Griffin and Paul would be a dream come true scenario.

Do the Clippers have cap space?

NYKnickFanatic
04-18-2014, 02:17 PM
He's going to leave unless Phil coaches (which isn't gonna happen). Knicks really have nothing to entice Melo to stay.

Well the Knicks had A LOT less when he basically forced a trade here.

Seahawker562
04-18-2014, 02:25 PM
Do the Clippers have cap space?

Current Salary Cap: $58,679,000
LA Clippers Cap Hit: $72,460,813 ($13,781,813 over salary cap)

No we dont. DJ Griffin and Paul eat up so much space. Here is wishful thinking though for Melo

NYKnickFanatic
04-18-2014, 02:28 PM
Current Salary Cap: $58,679,000
LA Clippers Cap Hit: $72,460,813 ($13,781,813 over salary cap)

No we dont. DJ Griffin and Paul eat up so much space. Here is wishful thinking though for Melo

BG, Melo and CP3 would be sick though.

GiantsSwaGG
04-18-2014, 02:37 PM
I would replace "low IQ" with "lack of trust" and there is no way Melo is a cancer. That word gets tossed around way too liberally.

No Kash is correct his IQ is low

nickdymez
04-18-2014, 03:49 PM
The amount of hate that Melo recieves on this board is mind blowing

Seahawker562
04-18-2014, 04:03 PM
BG, Melo and CP3 would be sick though.

Yeah it would be awesome. The real big 3 would be in LA :clap: I would hope he either resigns with the Knicks or comes here. I see Houston as a real possibility also

LoveMeOrHateMe
04-18-2014, 04:13 PM
Do the lakers want melo or love in 15? Do it mitch

mjm07
04-18-2014, 04:43 PM
The amount of hate that Melo recieves on this board is mind blowing

Undeserved? if so, why?

mjm07
04-18-2014, 04:45 PM
Don't see Melo passing up millions to Chicago or Houston for example. However, is a S & T a possibility? Not sure if so under the new CBA.

nickdymez
04-18-2014, 04:45 PM
Undeserved? if so, why?

He's a multiple time all star for starters

mjm07
04-18-2014, 04:49 PM
He's a multiple all star for starters

I doubt anyones denying or bashing that he's earned the fact to be called an All Star.

nickdymez
04-18-2014, 04:50 PM
I doubt anyones denying or bashing that he's earned the fact to be called an All Star.

So why bash him then? I don't get it. Is it because he's a "chucker"? Because that's the only explanation I ever see. Explain why you hate him so much.

mjm07
04-18-2014, 04:59 PM
So why bash him then? I don't get it. Is it because he's a "chucker"? Because that's the only explanation I ever see. Explain why you hate him so much.

Never said I hated him. Don't make stuff up now. lol I actually believe he's one of the most talented players in the NBA. However, I feel he's had an underachieving career not all his doing of course but underachieving nonetheless.

Does he deserve criticism? For some things yeah. Like forcing his way to the Knicks to get paid in the old CBA terms instead of waiting for the offseason one that always sticks out in my mind.

But every top player gets deserved/undeserved criticism. You should know, you do it with Bron a lot.

nickdymez
04-18-2014, 05:09 PM
Never said I hated him. Don't make stuff up now. lol I actually believe he's one of the most talented players in the NBA. However, I feel he's had an underachieving career not all his doing of course but underachieving nonetheless.

Does he deserve criticism? For some things yeah. Like forcing his way to the Knicks to get paid in the old CBA terms instead of waiting for the offseason one that always sticks out in my mind.

But every top player gets deserved/undeserved criticism. You should know, you do it with Bron a lot.

A great deal of players "force their way out". He was very competitive while playing on the nuggets, the Knicks are just a mess. Why get mad at a man for wanting more money? And I don't unfairly criticize Lebron, I just don't overdo the praise that he gets. Ie, "Lebron can start at center for an entire year and make the all star team plus defensive player of the year". That was argued on this site. But by all means go ahead and label me as a Lebron hater.

mjm07
04-18-2014, 05:17 PM
A great deal of players "force their way out". He was very competitive while playing on the nuggets, the Knicks are just a mess. Why get mad at a man for wanting more money? And I don't unfairly criticize Lebron, I just don't overdo the praise that he gets. Ie, "Lebron can start at center for an entire year and make the all star team plus defensive player of the year". That was argued on this site. But by all means go ahead and label me as a Lebron hater.

Not hating him for getting his money. By any means. But that decision didn't work out, career wise, which opens himself up for criticism. With the talent he has, he should've been able to do more up to this point. Many as talented as him have done that.

I see him staying in NY b/c of the money, once again.

sammyvine
04-18-2014, 08:14 PM
Not hating him for getting his money. By any means. But that decision didn't work out, career wise, which opens himself up for criticism. With the talent he has, he should've been able to do more up to this point. Many as talented as him have done that.

I see him staying in NY b/c of the money, once again.

pretty much this

never won an mvp, never been to an nba finals, never been an all nba 1st team player. says it all.

JordansBulls
04-18-2014, 08:18 PM
Chitown

ohreally
04-18-2014, 10:14 PM
If Melo is serious about wanting to win he'll go to Chicago. But what does he want? He stand up for Woodson and basically says to keep the core of the Knicks as they are and do something to fix what are really gaping holes in the core. Not to mention Melo's role that stagnates any flow but is obviously what Melo likes.

NBA_Starter
04-18-2014, 10:21 PM
I still think he will stay, the disappointment of this season is still fresh on his mind right now.

east fb knicks
04-18-2014, 10:32 PM
lmao I like how all these bulls fans ignore the fact rose hasn't played in almost two years now while melo on the bulls would be nice with out the old rose they wouldn't get pass the heat I actually think they would be about the same team 50 55 wins ecf at best

lakerfan85
04-18-2014, 10:35 PM
http://espn.go.com/new-york/nba/story/_/id/10797307/carmelo-says-winning-most-important-factor-free-agency-decision

How can he go to Houston? They have no cap room..

NBA_Starter
04-18-2014, 10:35 PM
lmao I like how all these bulls fans ignore the fact rose hasn't played in almost two years now while melo on the bulls would be nice with out the old rose they wouldn't get pass the heat I actually think they would be about the same team 50 55 wins ecf at best

But they getting Kevin Love too?

0nekhmer
04-18-2014, 11:15 PM
He's saying the right things, as a number one option, franchise player he gets to be quite frank with his voice. If Phil Jackson and Dolan can grab another star and get rid of some garbage in the process, why not stay.

east fb knicks
04-18-2014, 11:23 PM
He's saying the right things, as a number one option, franchise player he gets to be quite frank with his voice. If Phil Jackson and Dolan can grab another star and get rid of some garbage in the process, why not stay.

that's the problem we cant until 2015

KnicksorBust
04-18-2014, 11:27 PM

How can he go to Houston? They have no cap room..

Melo and jr smith for asik/lin/parsons. Many nyk fans actually like the deal.

Pierzynski4Prez
04-18-2014, 11:28 PM

Butler, Mirotic, 2015 kings 1st, 2015 Bulls 1st.

east fb knicks
04-18-2014, 11:31 PM
Melo and jr smith for asik/lin/parsons. Many nyk fans actually like the deal.

I hate the deal i'd much rather the bulls package

east fb knicks
04-18-2014, 11:33 PM
:laugh::drunk:

I thought you were playing

bucketss
04-18-2014, 11:35 PM
nickdymez accusing someone of hating wow,

Shammyguy3
04-18-2014, 11:39 PM
Even if Rose never plays another game, if you were to put Melo on the current Bulls team in place of Boozer I'd probably pick them to advance to the finals because I don't think MIA's as good as they were last year relative to the rest of the teams in the league. Hinrich - Butler - Dunleavy - Melo - Noah is a significant increase in production, both offensively and defensively for obvious reasons (spacing, Boozer sucks dick now, primary scorer, a secondary ball-handler). Then you have enough scoring off the bench with Augustin & Gibson.

east fb knicks
04-18-2014, 11:45 PM
Even if Rose never plays another game, if you were to put Melo on the current Bulls team in place of Boozer I'd probably pick them to advance to the finals because I don't think MIA's as good as they were last year relative to the rest of the teams in the league. Hinrich - Butler - Dunleavy - Melo - Noah is a significant increase in production, both offensively and defensively for obvious reasons (spacing, Boozer sucks dick now, primary scorer, a secondary ball-handler). Then you have enough scoring off the bench with Augustin & Gibson.

:facepalm: no they wouldn't even beat the pacers melo is thinking about leaving ny cuz he doesn't have a 2nd scorer who is going to be the 2nd scorer noah lmao if rose isn't healthy I actually think you guys wouldn't be any better with melo ntm if he does leave I hope he goes to the bulls so we can get mirotic butler Gibson and picks :D get it done phil :clap:

Pierzynski4Prez
04-18-2014, 11:49 PM
:facepalm: no they wouldn't even beat the pacers melo is thinking about leaving ny cuz he doesn't have a 2nd scorer who is going to be the 2nd scorer noah lmao if rose isn't healthy I actually think you guys wouldn't be any better with melo ntm if he does leave I hope he goes to the bulls so we can get mirotic butler Gibson and picks :D get it done phil :clap:

You are clueless if you think the Bulls are giving up half of that. And you think Melo on the Bulls only give the Bulls 2-5 more wins, yet you think he's worth all that when he can just leave for nothing.

Shammyguy3
04-18-2014, 11:49 PM
Melo's not going to leave NY because they don't have a second scorer, he'd leave NY because they have
a) no cap flexibility to improve their roster for another year
b) no cap picks to strike gold on a younger player
c) have yet to compile a legit championship roster
d) although Phil's a great basketball mind, and so is Kerr if he's the new HC, they're both unproven

The Bulls have the 2nd best defense in the league, and since the ASB they've had the 10th best offense IIRC. And the Bulls would never make that trade for a 30 year old Melo :laugh2:

east fb knicks
04-19-2014, 12:58 AM

You are clueless if you think the Bulls are giving up half of that. And you think Melo on the Bulls only give the Bulls 2-5 more wins, yet you think he's worth all that when he can just leave for nothing.
Your right but FOR THE BULLS TO SIGN HIM IT WOULD HAVE TO BE A SIGN AN TRADE amnestying boozer alone won't give you guys cap for melo you guys first would have to unload Dunleavy and the rockets would want in also so you'd have to top their offer also you guys have to sign mirotic this year and signing melo you guys wouldn't have anything left over for him anyway so if you guys really want melo that means no mirotic ntm you guys would need the knicks to agree on the trade why would we help the bulls unless you guys make the best deal possible you said it yourself he can walk for nothing or we could accept the rockets crap deal either way if you guys want melo say goodbye to half of your team lmao good luck

east fb knicks
04-19-2014, 01:08 AM
Melo's not going to leave NY because they don't have a second scorer, he'd leave NY because they have
a) no cap flexibility to improve their roster for another year
b) no cap picks to strike gold on a younger player
c) have yet to compile a legit championship roster
d) although Phil's a great basketball mind, and so is Kerr if he's the new HC, they're both unproven

The Bulls have the 2nd best defense in the league, and since the ASB they've had the 10th best offense IIRC. And the Bulls would never make that trade for a 30 year old Melo :laugh2:

so your telling me if we got another star here melo wouldn't resign you act as if the guy said he's leaving he just said he wants help and I agree the knicks would rape the bulls in that deal but you give to get idc if we get anything back if melo leaves unless it's a great deal like the bulls one but im cool with melo leaving for nothing and completely tanking next year for a top pick what you bulls fans don't understand is you guys and melo would need us more than we'd need you and you guys aren't dealing with dolan I doubt phil sends melo to chi anyway that's kind of another reason why I think melo is staying the only team that can sign him out right is the lakers and they suck worst than us

John Walls Era
04-19-2014, 01:19 AM
Bulls are the best fit, but Houston would be a good place too

Pierzynski4Prez
04-19-2014, 01:27 AM
Your right but FOR THE BULLS TO SIGN HIM IT WOULD HAVE TO BE A SIGN AN TRADE amnestying boozer alone won't give you guys cap for melo you guys first would have to unload Dunleavy and the rockets would want in also so you'd have to top their offer also you guys have to sign mirotic this year and signing melo you guys wouldn't have anything left over for him anyway so if you guys really want melo that means no mirotic ntm you guys would need the knicks to agree on the trade why would we help the bulls unless you guys make the best deal possible you said it yourself he can walk for nothing or we could accept the rockets crap deal either way if you guys want melo say goodbye to half of your team lmao good luck

Don't need to top the Rockets offer. Knicks aren't choosing where Melo goes, not sure if you realize that. Thus making the rest of your post useless.

Why would we send anything over to the Knicks other than Boozer and Dunleavy if that is all that needs to be moved to give him a decent contract?

Pierzynski4Prez
04-19-2014, 01:29 AM
so your telling me if we got another star here melo wouldn't resign you act as if the guy said he's leaving he just said he wants help and I agree the knicks would rape the bulls in that deal but you give to get idc if we get anything back if melo leaves unless it's a great deal like the bulls one but im cool with melo leaving for nothing and completely tanking next year for a top pick what you bulls fans don't understand is you guys and melo would need us more than we'd need you and you guys aren't dealing with dolan I doubt phil sends melo to chi anyway that's kind of another reason why I think melo is staying the only team that can sign him out right is the lakers and they suck worst than us

Again, you act like the Knicks control where Melo goes. You can only hope he wants Houston or another team without cap space, because otherwise you get nothing.

John Walls Era
04-19-2014, 01:29 AM
Knicks do control where Melo goes if Melo wants all the money.

Pierzynski4Prez
04-19-2014, 01:33 AM

I highly doubt he's going to leave to go to a team of their choosing. What Free Agent has ever done that? Yea, send me wherever as long as I'm paid. In that case he'd just stay.

BIG worm
04-19-2014, 02:09 AM
Yup...Melo is going to be a Bull. Say your goodbyes New York, its been real.

slashsnake
04-19-2014, 02:31 AM

Unless they want anything in return for losing him. It's like shooting themselves in the foot if he wants to go to Chicago and they say no, we won't do a sign and trade so you can make more. He's on his way either way. You can get him the bigger contract and get some picks and players like Denver did for him, or let him leave and get nothing at all.

N.Carolina King
04-19-2014, 03:12 AM

Lmao this isn't nba2k14 brother....the Knicks won't get half of that.."if" its a sign and trade, it will more than likely be something along the lines of boozer, dunleavy, the sac pick and the Charlotte pick

Why do fans always have to be delusional smh

John Walls Era
04-19-2014, 03:45 AM
I highly doubt he's going to leave to go to a team of their choosing. What Free Agent has ever done that? Yea, send me wherever as long as I'm paid. In that case he'd just stay.

Melo will get to choose where he wants to go. But if he wants the money too, then that opens the door for many suitors and not just the Bulls. I think the Bulls could sign him straightup if they amnesty Boozer (not 100% sure).

Iron24th
04-19-2014, 04:40 AM
You're not taking your meds again.

+1

Iron24th
04-19-2014, 04:43 AM
You realize Melo was in the WC for almost 10 yrs? And was elite in the West? When you needed to win 50 games to get into the playoffs...

Elite in the west? Going for once in WCF and some 1st rounds exits in 10 years means elite to you? LOOOL

Stunner
04-19-2014, 05:15 AM
Melo will get to choose where he wants to go. But if he wants the money too, then that opens the door for many suitors and not just the Bulls. I think the Bulls could sign him straightup if they amnesty Boozer (not 100% sure).

But NY would never decline a sign and trade tho if Melo says he wants out . They rather cut their loses rather than to let it drag out ; and if the rumors come out true about the salary cap increasing 7 percent NY will be in a lot more trouble of losing Melo for nothing .

east fb knicks
04-19-2014, 06:41 AM
Don't need to top the Rockets offer. Knicks aren't choosing where Melo goes, not sure if you realize that. Thus making the rest of your post useless.

Why would we send anything over to the Knicks other than Boozer and Dunleavy if that is all that needs to be moved to give him a decent contract?

lmao its called sign and trade genius ummmmmmmmm we kinda have to agree to trade melo so that kind of makes my whole post relevant :facepalm:

east fb knicks
04-19-2014, 06:55 AM
Again, you act like the Knicks control where Melo goes. You can only hope he wants Houston or another team without cap space, because otherwise you get nothing.

lmao have you ever heard of a sign an trade bro it don't mean jack shyt where melo wants to go if that team doesn't have the cap then its up to the knicks to agree to do him a favor by trading him there stop acting like the bulls or melo have any leverage this is kinda why it's almost a no brainer he's staying why would the knicks first trade melo in the east 2nd help him get extra money and help the bulls form a big three unless we get a good return imo it doesn't make sense for the bulls to go after melo they would have enough cap in 2015 to go after love or lma with out giving up anything

ps I also wouldn't care if we got nothing I actually see dolan doing this even with phil there dolan would be pissed if melo walks and wouldn't do him any favors so all these sign an trade scenarios are pointless anyway unless the bulls can unload Dunleavy and ntm they have two first rounders this year they have to get rid of those also and amnesty boozer ntm give up on mirotic its either lakers or knicks for melo

east fb knicks
04-19-2014, 07:03 AM
But NY would never decline a sign and trade tho if Melo says he wants out . They rather cut their loses rather than to let it drag out ; and if the rumors come out true about the salary cap increasing 7 percent NY will be in a lot more trouble of losing Melo for nothing .

lmao yeah ok buddy now you know what the knicks would do I guess the lakers must have did a sign an trade
when d12 left o wait they declined and got nothing I just think bulls fans are kinda forcing the idea on everybody when in all reality it's not happening unless they could unload some salary and the cap going up only helps the knicks keep melo that means he can still get his money and we would still have room to build around him in 2015 that's actually horrible news for teams going after melo

east fb knicks
04-19-2014, 07:13 AM
Lmao this isn't nba2k14 brother....the Knicks won't get half of that.."if" its a sign and trade, it will more than likely be something along the lines of boozer, dunleavy, the sac pick and the Charlotte pick

Why do fans always have to be delusional smh

lmao ok no delusional my offer wasn't even that great of a deal it was just a fair one take this into effect the Knicks have all the leverage in a sign an trade so Gibson butler mirotic plus picks isn't that much to give up for a player you guys can't sign out right no way do we even think about taking back boozer he'd be amnestied before anything and we don't need Dunleavy either look what the nets gave up for kg and pp 3 first I don't think you bulls fans realize what it would take to get a player the caliber of melo on your team your definetly not getting him for scraps you guys act as if i'm asking for noah now that would be delusional and btw we had a thread about this a while back in the knicks forum that's why I know how much the bulls have to give up to sign melo

EvanTurner
04-19-2014, 07:51 AM
Lol @ knicks fan thinking they hVe Any leverage in melo leaving. Dude is leaving and the knicks will get nothing in return! Oh wait atleast they got lamar odom to build around.

Pierzynski4Prez
04-19-2014, 09:34 AM
lmao ok no delusional my offer wasn't even that great of a deal it was just a fair one take this into effect the Knicks have all the leverage in a sign an trade so Gibson butler mirotic plus picks isn't that much to give up for a player you guys can't sign out right no way do we even think about taking back boozer he'd be amnestied before anything and we don't need Dunleavy either look what the nets gave up for kg and pp 3 first I don't think you bulls fans realize what it would take to get a player the caliber of melo on your team your definetly not getting him for scraps you guys act as if i'm asking for noah now that would be delusional and btw we had a thread about this a while back in the knicks forum that's why I know how much the bulls have to give up to sign melo

Dude do you not listen to anyone? Or are you such a homer that you just throw out logic. Knicks have 0 leverage. Melo is the only one who can ask for a sign and trade. The Knicks can't initiate it. And if he wants the Bulls, and the salary cap does increase, you'll get absolutely nothing in return. NOTHING. He can sign with a lot of teams where the Knicks get nothing back. Keep dreaming though that the Knicks are going to get this great package.

effen5
04-19-2014, 10:01 AM
Dude do you not listen to anyone? Or are you such a homer that you just throw out logic. Knicks have 0 leverage. Melo is the only one who can ask for a sign and trade. The Knicks can't initiate it. And if he wants the Bulls, and the salary cap does increase, you'll get absolutely nothing in return. NOTHING. He can sign with a lot of teams where the Knicks get nothing back. Keep dreaming though that the Knicks are going to get this great package.

I don't think he knows that Melo is a free agent...

Here let me break this down even further...First Melo needs the Bulls/Rockets/Clippers a lot more than they need Melo.

Second, New York Knicks HAVE ABSOLUTELY ZERO LEVERAGE!!!! Melo is a free agent.

Third, if you think any team will give up their assets (like the Knicks did with Denver) is absolutely delusional.

So Melo can either take a pay cut and join the Bulls where the Knicks get absolutely nothing in return and while they have cap space next year, they have very few first round picks in this decade or accept a trade with the Bulls for Boozer, MDJ/Taj, and a first round pick.

Pierzynski4Prez
04-19-2014, 12:29 PM
Cavs had all the leverage with Lebron.

Toronto had all the leverage with Bosh.

They were just two of the nicest franchises to send them both to Miami to join Wade.

east fb knicks
04-19-2014, 04:08 PM

Cavs had all the leverage with Lebron.

Toronto had all the leverage with Bosh.

They were just two of the nicest franchises to send them both to Miami to join Wade.

I don't think he knows that Melo is a free agent...

Here let me break this down even further...First Melo needs the Bulls/Rockets/Clippers a lot more than they need Melo.

Second, New York Knicks HAVE ABSOLUTELY ZERO LEVERAGE!!!! Melo is a free agent.

Third, if you think any team will give up their assets (like the Knicks did with Denver) is absolutely delusional.

So Melo can either take a pay cut and join the Bulls where the Knicks get absolutely nothing in return and while they have cap space next year, they have very few first round picks in this decade or accept a trade with the Bulls for Boozer, MDJ/Taj, and a first round pick.

lmao it's funny how uneducated all of you guys are first off the big three was a different situation Miami had money to outright sign all of them:facepalm: you guys just have to look at the d12 situation the lakers refused to sign an trade him second for any sign an trade to go down THE KNICKS HAVE TO AGREE ON IT the bulls also still wouldn't have enough to sign melo outright even with the cap increasing they would have to amnesty boozer ntm they have two first rd cap holds give up on mirotic and unload Dunleavy so tell me how IF melo wants the bulls how do they have any leverage AND I'VE ALREADY SAID MELO WALKING FOR NOTHING ISN'T A BIG DEAL if he leaves that is the most likely scenario cuz he would be forced to go to the lakers SO UNLESS THE BULLS GIVE UP WHAT I SAID THEY HAVE A ZERO CHANCE OF GETTING MELO also even if melo ASK us for a trade to the bulls we could easily say NO go play for the lakers guess what guys that's called LEVERAGE:mad:

Stunner
04-19-2014, 04:40 PM
lmao it's funny how uneducated all of you guys are first off the big three was a different situation Miami had money to outright sign all of them:facepalm: you guys just have to look at the d12 situation the lakers refused to sign an trade him second for any sign an trade to go down THE KNICKS HAVE TO AGREE ON IT the bulls also still wouldn't have enough to sign melo outright even with the cap increasing they would have to amnesty boozer ntm they have two first rd cap holds give up on mirotic and unload Dunleavy so tell me how IF melo wants the bulls how do they have any leverage AND I'VE ALREADY SAID MELO WALKING FOR NOTHING ISN'T A BIG DEAL if he leaves that is the most likely scenario cuz he would be forced to go to the lakers SO UNLESS THE BULLS GIVE UP WHAT I SAID THEY HAVE A ZERO CHANCE OF GETTING MELO also even if melo ASK us for a trade to the bulls we could easily say NO go play for the lakers guess what guys that's called LEVERAGE:mad:

Lol

Stunner
04-19-2014, 04:47 PM
1st of all Bulls would only do a sign and trade if they seriously want to bring over Mirotic " this year " other than that they would wait till the next year . 2nd Duh the Knicks have to agree to a sign and trade but if Melo sticks by his " money isn't the biggest thing to me " he'll have no problem just straight up leaving Ny and signing with Chicago and that leaving Ny getting nothing . 3rd Bulls amnesty Booz and could have their choice of either just trading Taj or trading the picks and Dunleavy to make room to sign Melo to a reasonable deal . Bulls will not go out their way to guy their team to offer Melo over 100 million . They have a plan going into the off season and will make the smart money and talent choice . The Bulls offseason is not Melo or Bust . At the end of the day Melo holds the keys to everything IF he stands by his " money isn't everything I just want to win " so yea

east fb knicks
04-19-2014, 04:48 PM
Lol

thank you boss and by your response i'd assume im right :bow:

gotta love bulls fans :D

NYC DRUMMER
04-19-2014, 04:55 PM
its all about winning..........ha !!!!! well to bad he's not a winner ,he's a selfish ball hoggin' cry baby. the only place he has a chance to win is houston , lakers suck more than we do except we have one thing they'll neva have................phil. they can have that ho jeannie. and bulls................. well its chicago,and the only claim to fame they have is that fire. i was gonna say that tea party but thats that other s%$thole of a city.

east fb knicks
04-19-2014, 05:03 PM
1st of all Bulls would only do a sign and trade if they seriously want to bring over Mirotic " this year " other than that they would wait till the next year . 2nd Duh the Knicks have to agree to a sign and trade but if Melo sticks by his " money isn't the biggest thing to me " he'll have no problem just straight up leaving Ny and signing with Chicago and that leaving Ny getting nothing . 3rd Bulls amnesty Booz and could have their choice of either just trading Taj or trading the picks and Dunleavy to make room to sign Melo to a reasonable deal . Bulls will not go out their way to guy their team to offer Melo over 100 million . They have a plan going into the off season and will make the smart money and talent choice . The Bulls offseason is not Melo or Bust . At the end of the day Melo holds the keys to everything IF he stands by his " money isn't everything I just want to win " so yea

wrong again lmao mirotic's deal is up in spain so the bulls would have to wait another 3 years to get him unless he signs a one year deal over there 2nd if you guys sign melo where would the money be to sign mirotic your right about Gibson so you might as well throw him in the deal :D so essentially your telling me you'd have to give up Gibson Dunleavy mirotic and picks to get melo anyway if you ask me it's stupid but i'm cool with robbing you guys of all your assets to get melo but you guys might be able to keep butler if you can unload Gibson picks and mirotic im still cool with that we got shump any way and tbh nobody is going to take on Dunleavy and help you guys get melo lmao and ask your self this is it really worth giving up half your team and assets for a 30 year old melo not knowing if rose can come back healthy either way if he leaves I hope we get all of your assets:D

also how can melo just leave and sign with the bulls bro how about you look at your salary cap and cap holds before you post some more nonsense if it was that easy then we'd have no leverage I know a lot about the topic we literally had a thread about this in the knicks forum we broke down the cap and all for you guys to get melo it will be extremely difficult ntm your owner is one of the cheapest in the nba do you really think he is going to amnesty boozer and pay melo a contract around 18 20 a year lmao good luck

east fb knicks
04-19-2014, 05:04 PM
its all about winning..........ha !!!!! well to bad he's not a winner ,he's a selfish ball hoggin' cry baby. the only place he has a chance to win is houston , lakers suck more than we do except we have one thing they'll neva have................phil. they can have that ho jeannie. and bulls................. well its chicago,and the only claim to fame they have is that fire. i was gonna say that tea party but thats that other s%$thole of a city.

:laugh:

Shammyguy3
04-19-2014, 05:16 PM

only claim to fame is the Chicago Fire? :laugh:

effen5
04-19-2014, 05:16 PM
wrong again lmao mirotic's deal is up in spain so the bulls would have to wait another 3 years to get him unless he signs a one year deal over there 2nd if you guys sign melo where would the money be to sign mirotic your right about Gibson so you might as well throw him in the deal :D so essentially your telling me you'd have to give up Gibson Dunleavy mirotic and picks to get melo anyway if you ask me it's stupid but i'm cool with robbing you guys of all your assets to get melo but you guys might be able to keep butler if you can unload Gibson picks and mirotic im still cool with that we got shump any way and tbh nobody is going to take on Dunleavy and help you guys get melo lmao and ask your self this is it really worth giving up half your team and assets for a 30 year old melo not knowing if rose can come back healthy either way if he leaves I hope we get all of your assets:D

also how can melo just leave and sign with the bulls bro how about you look at your salary cap and cap holds before you post some more nonsense if it was that easy then we'd have no leverage I know a lot about the topic we literally had a thread about this in the knicks forum we broke down the cap and all for you guys to get melo it will be extremely difficult ntm your owner is one of the cheapest in the nba do you really think he is going to amnesty boozer and pay melo a contract around 18 20 a year lmao good luck

You do realize that we can pay Melo 17.5 mil next year after we amnesty Boozer right? Thats according to Larry Coon. JR Already said he would pay for a contender. Him being cheap is really exagerrating...He did pay Michael Jordan 30 mil a year... If Melo really does want to win a championship and he's willing to take a pay cut, I think he would consider it...otherwise he can go back to the Knicks, sign another max 5 year 129mil deal and be medicore until 2019 where his career will end.

Regardless Bulls are in a fantastic position especially with the increase of the salary cap. We have a **** load of assets, a bunch of picks, and Mirotic....If Melo doesn't want to goto a team like that then he belongs on the Knicks.

east fb knicks
04-19-2014, 05:23 PM
You do realize that we can pay Melo 17.5 mil next year after we amnesty Boozer right? Thats according to Larry Coon. JR Already said he would pay for a contender. Him being cheap is really exagerrating...He did pay Michael Jordan 30 mil a year... If Melo really does want to win a championship and he's willing to take a pay cut, I think he would consider it...otherwise he can go back to the Knicks, sign another max 5 year 129mil deal and be medicore until 2019 where his career will end.

Regardless Bulls are in a fantastic position especially with the increase of the salary cap. We have a **** load of assets, a bunch of picks, and Mirotic....If Melo doesn't want to goto a team like that then he belongs on the Knicks.

no they can't :faint::laugh2: bro your getting funnier the more you post and ummmmmm you think you'd provide a link to back up your statement :facepalm:

Stunner
04-19-2014, 05:25 PM

Are you slow ? Lol bringing over Mirotic and and Melo over at the same time was never the plan he's the back up plan along with other free agent signings . Taj is a lil overrated by he won't get much better than he is and most will part with him to get melo of he wanted to come . If Melo signs with the Bulls it won't be for the max I can assure that . Bulls would be dumb to part with two 1st and Mike jr honestly they will try and keep Mike for the 3 and dish only 1 1st rounder. And the Melo can just leave and sign with the Bulls even without knowing the cap hit because it's not stupid . Melo can actually fit under the cap if they bulls move Booz , Taj and Mike if he chooses to but he most likely won't too big of a contract . And on the Mirotic front you're wrong because he has one more year on his contract , in order to get him to come over they would have to buyout his contract . He won't have a contract with anyone after next season lol stop being dumb and you won't get Mirotic in a trade the only way he gets dealt is if we chase Love .

Stunner
04-19-2014, 05:27 PM
no they can't :faint::laugh2: bro your getting funnier the more you post and ummmmmm you think you'd provide a link to back up your statement :facepalm:

He's actually right tho http://m.espn.go.com/nba/story?storyId=10808291&src=desktop

cmellofan15
04-19-2014, 05:29 PM
dang. gotchu lookin' stupid.

east fb knicks
04-19-2014, 05:32 PM
He's actually right tho http://m.espn.go.com/nba/story?storyId=10808291&src=desktop

:laugh: no actually you just made my point stronger

It's believed that the Bulls would still have to shed some veteran salary in addition to releasing former All-Star forward Carlos Boozer via the amnesty clause this summer to be able to make a competitive offer that could persuade Anthony to leave the new Jackson-led Knicks and the Madison Square Garden stage he loves so dearly. But a higher cap figure than anticipated would naturally make things easier for Chicago.

:laugh: bulls fans:facepalm:

effen5
04-19-2014, 05:34 PM

http://fansided.com/2014/04/19/nba-rumors-chicago-bulls-afford-carmelo-anthony/

Stunner
04-19-2014, 05:35 PM
:laugh: no actually you just made my point stronger

It's believed that the Bulls would still have to shed some veteran salary in addition to releasing former All-Star forward Carlos Boozer via the amnesty clause this summer to be able to make a competitive offer that could persuade Anthony to leave the new Jackson-led Knicks and the Madison Square Garden stage he loves so dearly. But a higher cap figure than anticipated would naturally make things easier for Chicago.

:laugh: bulls fans:facepalm:

Keyword is " some " not a lot meaning we wouldn't have to lose Taj more likely Dunleavy , Draft pick , Snell , Brewer and Smith

NBA_Starter
04-19-2014, 05:37 PM
Some is definitely a lot more doable. Thibs and Melo have been giving each other compliments in the media lately also. Just sayin'..

Stunner
04-19-2014, 05:37 PM
ESPN even put the numbers up on the Bulls could offer Melo 17 million in his 1st year by. Just losing Booz , Dunleavy and both draft picks . So if the cap increases by that much that just make the situation better for the Bulls , they wouldn't have to give up that much .

smith&wesson
04-19-2014, 05:53 PM
the bulls are the best fit for him.

blahblahyoutoo
04-19-2014, 06:09 PM
Well, it's part of the reason why they're in the mess they are in right now.
No 1st round pick this year, no assets to trade because the Knicks gave them away to acquire him.

effen5
04-19-2014, 06:13 PM
Well, it's part of the reason why they're in the mess they are in right now.
No 1st round pick this year, no assets to trade because the Knicks gave them away to acquire him.
And there is no way the bulls will do the same...we'll be good either way.

jerellh528
04-19-2014, 06:55 PM
It should be about winning at every point in your career

Ill21
04-19-2014, 07:23 PM

Exactly, i really could care less if this guy stays with the knicks.

D-Leethal
04-19-2014, 07:44 PM

Of course everyone always wants to win but its still a ****ing job and these guys are typically growing up in inner city slums so $$$ is important when it comes to your first couple contracts. Nobody takes a pay cut early in their careers. You work for pay in this world.

east fb knicks
04-19-2014, 07:54 PM
Keyword is " some " not a lot meaning we wouldn't have to lose Taj more likely Dunleavy , Draft pick , Snell , Brewer and Smith

lmao nobodies taking on Dunleavy for you guys to make that trade happen and you'd have no money for mirotic ntm you guys have 2 first you'd get rid of those too look i'll be your larry coon bro and break this down for you bro
http://hoopshype.com/salaries/chicago.htm
the bulls have 64 mill already on the cap they amnesty boozer and that takes away 16.8 and some how unload Dunleavy freeing up the money for melo :cheer: now you can't sign either of your first rd picks or mirotic and wouldn't you guys want to get rid of Gibson anyways to add flexibility now look at my proposal mirotic Gibson and two first its the same thing :facepalm: I already said you guys could keep butler we already got shump and it all rides on if you guys could unload Dunleavy

effen5
04-19-2014, 08:01 PM
lmao nobodies taking on Dunleavy for you guys to make that trade happen and you'd have no money for mirotic ntm you guys have 2 first you'd get rid of those too look i'll be your larry coon bro and break this down for you bro
http://hoopshype.com/salaries/chicago.htm
the bulls have 64 mill already on the cap they amnesty boozer and that takes away 16.8 and some how unload Dunleavy freeing up the money for melo :cheer: now you can't sign either of your first rd picks or mirotic and wouldn't you guys want to get rid of Gibson anyways to add flexibility now look at my proposal mirotic Gibson and two first its the same thing :facepalm: I already said you guys could keep butler we already got shump and it all rides on if you guys could unload Dunleavy
Do you know how to use periods? Your jibberish would be easier to read.

east fb knicks
04-19-2014, 08:15 PM
Some is definitely a lot more doable. Thibs and Melo have been giving each other compliments in the media lately also. Just sayin'..

that doesn't mean anything thibs is a great coach and melo is a great player he also said good things about pop im not saying that melo won't go to the bulls right now idk but bulls fans are acting like they are going to add a top 10 player with out giving up anything of significance is just a joke

east fb knicks
04-19-2014, 08:22 PM
Do you know how to use periods? Your jibberish would be easier to read.

being that you ignored everything I said I just take it as you finally came to your senses and realize if you guys want melo the deal I proposed will most likely happen whether the cap goes up or not and I find it funny nobody realizes the cap going up actually will help melo stay in ny idk why your bringing it up as if its an advantage to the bulls and you guys should really save your amnesty for rose he's looking more like Brandon roy pt 2 :D good lucks bulls fans

Pierzynski4Prez
04-19-2014, 08:29 PM
The bulls are going to offer what they have cap space wise. They aren't going to dump quality players just for a chance at a player. They'll give Melo their best offer and leave it up to him to take it or not. That's when we'll find out how much he really wants to win.

We have a nice amount of routes we can take this summer, and sending all of our assets to new York isn't one of them. You are delusional to think the knicks are going to get much, let alone think Melo wants to join another team that has to gut themselves to get him. That entire scenario is the reason why he ends up leaving if he does.

I know you're probably just used to how things are done in NY where you have no patience and make moves just for the sake of making moves, no matter how dumb. The superior teams in this league don't act that way. But damn dude give it up. Not one person has agreed with you on anything near the assets you think you'll get.

NBA_Starter
04-19-2014, 08:33 PM
that doesn't mean anything thibs is a great coach and melo is a great player he also said good things about pop im not saying that melo won't go to the bulls right now idk but bulls fans are acting like they are going to add a top 10 player with out giving up anything of significance is just a joke

I hear you, I actually think he will stay in NY.

east fb knicks
04-19-2014, 08:43 PM
The bulls are going to offer what they have cap space wise. They aren't going to dump quality players just for a chance at a player. They'll give Melo their best offer and leave it up to him to take it or not. That's when we'll find out how much he really wants to win.

We have a nice amount of routes we can take this summer, and sending all of our assets to new York isn't one of them. You are delusional to think the knicks are going to get much, let alone think Melo wants to join another team that has to gut themselves to get him. That entire scenario is the reason why he ends up leaving if he does.

I know you're probably just used to how things are done in NY where you have no patience and make moves just for the sake of making moves, no matter how dumb. The superior teams in this league don't act that way. But damn dude give it up. Not one person has agreed with you on anything near the assets you think you'll get.

word well the problem is the bulls don't have anything to offer unless at the very least they get rid of Dunleavy boozer and 2 first call it what you want bro but that's what it is and lets not act like the bulls are the only team he can go to and win so yeah the bulls are not a contender rose's career might be done so yeah you guys aren't this great super team already put in place you guys want melo to be a contender and tbh he's better off staying in ny if he truly wants to win with the cap going up so much we can definitely form a big three in ny in 2015 and still offer melo the most money again bulls fans :facepalm:

Pierzynski4Prez
04-19-2014, 09:34 PM
word well the problem is the bulls don't have anything to offer unless at the very least they get rid of Dunleavy boozer and 2 first call it what you want bro but that's what it is and lets not act like the bulls are the only team he can go to and win so yeah the bulls are not a contender rose's career might be done so yeah you guys aren't this great super team already put in place you guys want melo to be a contender and tbh he's better off staying in ny if he truly wants to win with the cap going up so much we can definitely form a big three in ny in 2015 and still offer melo the most money again bulls fans :facepalm:

Nobody here is saying he is a lock to go to Chicago. And you don't find many bulls fans wanting us to clean house for Melo either. We'll take him at what we can afford, which is probably at most giving up Boozer obviously and Dunleavy. But the Bulls are not going to just dump 2 top 20 picks so they can give Melo 3 million more annually.

You need to learn to use periods and commas bro. A lot easier to get a point across when you don't make a 8 line post be 1 sentence. It's laughable that you facepalm others when you've been basically wrong about everything you say outside of a sign and trade being a possibility.

And now, are you really saying the Knicks, a team with one draft pick before 2017, and a garbage roster outside Melo that can't even make he playoffs in a horrendous conference where all you have to be is average to make the playoffs, is better than a 48 win Bulls team, with 2 picks this year, 2 picks next year, the rights to the best euro player, tons of young talent and actual leadership, a top 3 coach, a good chunk of cap space, oh and whatever that Rose guy can give us. Good god, why do I even reply to you.

rds1488
04-19-2014, 09:47 PM
east fb knicks is a lil slow

east fb knicks
04-19-2014, 10:00 PM
Nobody here is saying he is a lock to go to Chicago. And you don't find many bulls fans wanting us to clean house for Melo either. We'll take him at what we can afford, which is probably at most giving up Boozer obviously and Dunleavy. But the Bulls are not going to just dump 2 top 20 picks so they can give Melo 3 million more annually.

You need to learn to use periods and commas bro. A lot easier to get a point across when you don't make a 8 line post be 1 sentence. It's laughable that you facepalm others when you've been basically wrong about everything you say outside of a sign and trade being a possibility.

And now, are you really saying the Knicks, a team with one draft pick before 2017, and a garbage roster outside Melo that can't even make he playoffs in a horrendous conference where all you have to be is average to make the playoffs, is better than a 48 win Bulls team, with 2 picks this year, 2 picks next year, the rights to the best euro player, tons of young talent and actual leadership, a top 3 coach, a good chunk of cap space, oh and whatever that Rose guy can give us. Good god, why do I even reply to you.

look man you guys have the best coach imo in the league thibs is a genius im not gonna lie I wrote the bulls off this year I thought they would be a lottery team but lets not get carried away here if rose doesn't regain form you guys aren't any better than a 2nd rd knock out at best right now no our team isn't better than your obviously your in the playoffs but we have potential to bulid a mia type team if melo resigns and takes a pay cut we could build our own big three so even with your picks if melo resigns we are definetly better than you guys by 2015 and its not even close

now to answer your point smart guy the draft is before free agency meaning your two draft picks would be on the roster before free agency even starts meaning Dunleavy won't be the only player you guys would have to move but being that your such a smart guy I'd assume you already knew that:facepalm:

now to your other point idgaf if you like the way I post thank you and have a nice day:D

tr3ymill3r
04-19-2014, 10:18 PM
Had he not forced his way to NY and signed there as a free agent the first time, they could have traded all of those assets for some actual help.

east fb knicks
04-19-2014, 10:30 PM
Had he not forced his way to NY and signed there as a free agent the first time, they could have traded all of those assets for some actual help.

that was never the problem we actually won the melo deal if our dum shyt gm grunwald didn't waste our amnesty on billups we could have gotten cp3 or at the very least had about 20 mill to play with

chipurmunki
04-19-2014, 10:56 PM
o, so NOW it's about winning. what the bloody piss was he doing before? that fatheaded, glory pig of a chunker.

Crackadalic
04-19-2014, 11:08 PM

To be fair a lot of our issues this year were not even basketball related

Felton gun charges/divorce
Jr smith suspension/ shoe tie/bench

Even amare said for parts of the season players didn't play hard for the coach. It's not the same 54 win team no question but we at least a 500 team with the issues included

We have a pg in the top 40 out of 100 pg and we still manage 37 wins. Just Imagine a actually top 25 pg smh. Even Livingston out in bk is much better

With that said it depends what Phil can do. Who knows we have 3 big expiring's. Probably pull a sign and trade for all I know

Melo leaving right now is literely 50/50 and we just have to see July 1 what he does

effen5
04-19-2014, 11:29 PM
It's still one giant long run on sentence full of jibberish. I don't understand his point because it doesn't make sense. I did understand the part where he said we should use our amnesty clause on Rose...which we can't do since rose signed his contract after the CBA.

slashsnake
04-19-2014, 11:31 PM
To be fair a lot of our issues this year were not even basketball related

Felton gun charges/divorce
Jr smith suspension/ shoe tie/bench

Even amare said for parts of the season players didn't play hard for the coach. It's not the same 54 win team no question but we at least a 500 team with the issues included

We have a pg in the top 40 out of 100 pg and we still manage 37 wins. Just Imagine a actually top 25 pg smh. Even Livingston out in bk is much better

With that said it depends what Phil can do. Who knows we have 3 big expiring's. Probably pull a sign and trade for all I know

Melo leaving right now is literely 50/50 and we just have to see July 1 what he does

No offense but gun or not the Knicks would not be a good team, it wasn't like that was something that stopped their 10-2 start to the year. Same goes for JR Smith. Did you really think he would be a choirboy? That was the risk there was and it was pretty clear. They were 2-3 while he was on that suspension, it wasn't like it ruined them to not have JR for 5 games.

I think the players not trying might have been a part.

I think you hit the talent on the head. Outside of Melo, there isn't much to talk about, and what there is, isn't very good. You have Phil in the front office. Not sure how he will be as a GM. Melo leaving is a guess. it could be 50/50. It could be he is 99% ready to go.

And who are you pulling the sign and trade for or with? What player on NY is so good teams are going. I know I can get player X in FA, but I want to give up imporant assets for this guy? Melo I guess.

Crackadalic
04-19-2014, 11:48 PM
No offense but gun or not the Knicks would not be a good team, it wasn't like that was something that stopped their 10-2 start to the year. Same goes for JR Smith. Did you really think he would be a choirboy? That was the risk there was and it was pretty clear. They were 2-3 while he was on that suspension, it wasn't like it ruined them to not have JR for 5 games.

I think the players not trying might have been a part.

I think you hit the talent on the head. Outside of Melo, there isn't much to talk about, and what there is, isn't very good. You have Phil in the front office. Not sure how he will be as a GM. Melo leaving is a guess. it could be 50/50. It could be he is 99% ready to go.

And who are you pulling the sign and trade for or with? What player on NY is so good teams are going. I know I can get player X in FA, but I want to give up imporant assets for this guy? Melo I guess.

We have low iq bball players. We still have holes but we just vastly underachieve not because we are void of talent. Just not enough two way players and too much personality

I went through the early Layden and Isaiah years. We are not 37 wins bad is all I'm saying

Idk who we get. Might be a team who wants to a extra year off with our expiring's. I'm just throwing out ideas

east fb knicks
04-20-2014, 12:06 AM
It's still one giant long run on sentence full of jibberish. I don't understand his point because it doesn't make sense. I did understand the part where he said we should use our amnesty clause on Rose...which we can't do since rose signed his contract after the CBA.

well now that sucks for you guys maybe his contract is insured idk how that works but if you guys can't amnesty rose your fkd if he's not the same it would be amare 2.0 why would melo go thru all of that again and im glad I educated you smart bulls fans on how the salary cap works pm me if you need me to break it down any further bulls fans:facepalm:

Stunner
04-20-2014, 12:11 AM
Lol

Intheyear420
04-20-2014, 12:35 AM
east fb knicks is a lil slow

+1. he also needs grammar lessons

jimm120
04-20-2014, 12:49 AM
I can't believe the people talking about "oh, now its about winning, but not before"

dudes...1st rookie contract, everyone takes it because they sitll don't have a lot of money.

1st real contract (usually after 7 or 8 years) you take the max.

2nd real contract you take the max/super max but players start to take somewhat lower.

3rd real contract is where you see a lot of "deals" for teams. Players take a ton less....obviously, players are already pretty old by this stage. They're 33 or older usually...but some have a lot left in the tank. SOme (who hav ewasted a lot of money), take the max again if they have the ability. Some take as much as they can (such as 6 million over 4 million and a better team). But you also got players taking 1.6 million contracts to play in certain places/situations.

Moral of this story is that your 1st deal, after 3/4 years as a rookie, you take the team deal (because it offers more years/money) because it has the most money for the first time in their lives. You also try to get your Max after those 7 or 8 years because you reach another stratosphere in wealth completely.

Stunner
04-20-2014, 01:10 AM
^ very true

effen5
04-20-2014, 07:56 AM
well now that sucks for you guys maybe his contract is insured idk how that works but if you guys can't amnesty rose your fkd if he's not the same it would be amare 2.0 why would melo go thru all of that again and im glad I educated you smart bulls fans on how the salary cap works pm me if you need me to break it down any further bulls fans:facepalm:

I haven't learned **** because what you wrote didn't make any sense. All I understood was that you want us to gut our team for melo the same way you guys did for Denver, but we ain't doing the ****...Our front office isn't ******** and going to **** our team over for a decade like the knicks did.

east fb knicks
04-20-2014, 12:37 PM
I haven't learned **** because what you wrote didn't make any sense. All I understood was that you want us to gut our team for melo the same way you guys did for Denver, but we ain't doing the ****...Our front office isn't ******** and going to **** our team over for a decade like the knicks did.

:sad2: :facepalm:

east fb knicks
04-20-2014, 12:53 PM
one more thing and im done bulls fans act as if Dunleavy will be easy to move I know it's only 3 mill but some times contracts like that come back to bite you in the as$ and can be the difference between signing a player or not no team is doing the bulls any favors

the draft is also before free agency so the bulls would have to get rid of Dunleavy and the 2 draft picks to even offer melo something around 17 18 mill or just move Gibson who still has 3 years left on his deal at a high price

they also wouldn't have money to bring over mirotic
'
so my deal of butler Gibson mirotic and the two first isn't really as bad as it looks we'd even throw in shump if we had too

the bulls would unload Gibson they pretty much lose out on mirotic if they sign melo anyway they would also lose the two first anyway and butler is expendable if we give up shump

look bulls fans a trio of noah a healthy rose and melo is definitely a title contender and would be the best team in the league imo with the best coach you guys are telling me you'd give up on that just to keep some role players and draft picks :facepalm:

naps
04-20-2014, 01:04 PM
Carmelo will stay in NY and will be known as a perennial loser for life. If he really means he wants to win now then there no way it can happen in NY with the situation they are in now.

smood999
04-20-2014, 01:48 PM
Carmelo will stay in NY and will be known as a perennial loser for life. If he really means he wants to win now then there no way it can happen in NY with the situation they are in now.

The situation is not as bad as everyone makes it seem. Right now it's a bad situation but it's not long term. Next offseason, they lose one more draft pick and almost every contract comes off the books. They would have finally reached the point where all the bad (losing draft picks, bad contracts) has been erased and will have a clean slate. I think the Bulls are the best destination if he wants to win next season, but long term (the next 4 + seasons after), that may not be the case depending on whether or not Phil is good at his job.

D-Leethal
04-20-2014, 01:51 PM
We don't have the leverage to steal too much from Chicago because they can offer him a fair amount outright. I am hoping the Clips get bounced early, Blake disappoints because if Melo wants to leave, LAC becomes his #1 target.

N.Carolina King
04-20-2014, 02:27 PM
one more thing and im done bulls fans act as if Dunleavy will be easy to move I know it's only 3 mill but some times contracts like that come back to bite you in the as$ and can be the difference between signing a player or not no team is doing the bulls any favors

the draft is also before free agency so the bulls would have to get rid of Dunleavy and the 2 draft picks to even offer melo something around 17 18 mill or just move Gibson who still has 3 years left on his deal at a high price

they also wouldn't have money to bring over mirotic
'
so my deal of butler Gibson mirotic and the two first isn't really as bad as it looks we'd even throw in shump if we had too

the bulls would unload Gibson they pretty much lose out on mirotic if they sign melo anyway they would also lose the two first anyway and butler is expendable if we give up shump

look bulls fans a trio of noah a healthy rose and melo is definitely a title contender and would be the best team in the league imo with the best coach you guys are telling me you'd give up on that just to keep some role players and draft picks :facepalm:

What part of he's a free agent don't u comprehend?

east fb knicks
04-20-2014, 02:27 PM
We don't have the leverage to steal too much from Chicago because they can offer him a fair amount outright. I am hoping the Clips get bounced early, Blake disappoints because if Melo wants to leave, LAC becomes his #1 target.

the most the bulls can offer is about 12 or 13 mill out right they have two first rd picks to sign before free agency even starts I don't blame you tho a lot of people don't know what the bulls situation is cuz espn keeps putting out bs articles on how melo is going to the bulls ignoring the fact they don't have enough cap to sign him :shrug:

Stunner
04-20-2014, 02:30 PM
the most the bulls can offer is about 12 or 13 mill out right they have two first rd picks to sign before free agency even starts I don't blame you tho a lot of people don't know what the bulls situation is cuz espn keeps putting out bs articles on how melo is going to the bulls ignoring the fact they don't have enough cap to sign him :shrug:

Lol alright

east fb knicks
04-20-2014, 02:33 PM

omg again Im about to start a thread that breaks down the salary cap if another person tells me he's a dam free agent

THE BULLS DON'T HAVE ENOUGH CAP TO SIGN HIM WTF IS HIM BEING A FREE AGENT HAVE TO DO WITH ANYTHING:mad:

can somebody show me how the bulls can at least offer him 15 mill :confused:

east fb knicks
04-20-2014, 02:36 PM
Lol alright

lmao you guys keep making dum comments but nobody has yet shown me any proof outside of a sign and trade or a salary dump HOW THE BULLS CAN ACTUALLY GET MELO

Stunner
04-20-2014, 02:36 PM
This guy is mad

Stunner
04-20-2014, 02:38 PM
lmao you guys keep making dum comments but nobody has yet shown me any proof outside of a sign and trade or a salary dump HOW THE BULLS CAN ACTUALLY GET MELO

Bro lol using the Amnesty on Boozer will leave the Bulls with 15 million in cap alone with the projected cap . Dunleavy can be traded easily , he was almost a rocket but the bulls were trying to get a pick out of the deal . You're getting mad at the wrong people , we have been doing the math on how much we can offer Melo for months . We're not stupid

east fb knicks
04-20-2014, 03:01 PM
Bro lol using the Amnesty on Boozer will leave the Bulls with 15 million in cap alone with the projected cap . Dunleavy can be traded easily , he was almost a rocket but the bulls were trying to get a pick out of the deal . You're getting mad at the wrong people , we have been doing the math on how much we can offer Melo for months . We're not stupid

lmao again espn at it again everybody knows they can amnesty boozer

THEY HAVE TWO FIRST RD PICKS TO SIGN BEFORE FREE AGENCY EVEN STARTS

Dunleavy isn't going to be easy to move teams know you guys are trying to get melo why would anybody do you guys any favors

east fb knicks
04-20-2014, 03:03 PM
This guy is mad

its 420 bro I don't think any body is mad today :smoking: :D

Stunner
04-20-2014, 03:07 PM

Dunleavy isn't going to be easy to move teams know you guys are trying to get melo why would anybody do you guys any favors

Tbh Mike prob won't be traded more likely Taj and that we don't have to trade away 2 1st round picks . Some contender could trade for Taj like the Spurs .

east fb knicks
04-20-2014, 03:10 PM
well my point was the bulls can't sign melo out right and nobody has proved me wrong yet

THE ONLY WAY THE BULLS CAN SIGN MELO OUT RIGHT IS BY TRADING BOTH OF THEIR DRAFT PICKS AND DUNLEAVY OR TRADING DUNLEAVY AND GIBSON

THANK YOU BULLS FANS ITS BEEN FUN :bow:

Stunner
04-20-2014, 03:17 PM
well my point was the bulls can't sign melo out right and nobody has proved me wrong yet

THE ONLY WAY THE BULLS CAN SIGN MELO OUT RIGHT IS BY TRADING BOTH OF THEIR DRAFT PICKS AND DUNLEAVY OR TRADING DUNLEAVY AND GIBSON

What's your point of saying that though ? It's common sense dude you just look like the only one stating that .... Nobody else is . Bulls can sign him out right by making savy cap space moves without a sign and trade . So nobody gets what you're supposedly at . You're just spewing cap paragraphs and calling fans dumb . You're saying things about the cap 90% of the forum knows . That's like telling us that grass is green :/. Oh and regardless of moves make to offer Melo a contract that's still signing Melo " out right " smh .

east fb knicks
04-20-2014, 03:18 PM
Tbh Mike prob won't be traded more likely Taj and that we don't have to trade away 2 1st round picks . Some contender could trade for Taj like the Spurs .

your starting to see the light my son lmao now reality sets in cuz Gibson is on a horrible contract you guys really should have tanked this year you had a chance at unloading Dunleavy and Gibson early on and you guys could have had a lottery pick and the bobcats pick and had a chance to sign melo outright with out giving up anything but my front office is ********:facepalm: just ask your self this was it worth it just for a 2nd rd knock out:laugh:

east fb knicks
04-20-2014, 03:23 PM
What's your point of saying that though ? It's common sense dude you just look like the only one stating that .... Nobody else is . Bulls can sign him out right by making savy cap space moves without a sign and trade . So nobody gets what you're supposedly at . You're just spewing cap paragraphs and calling fans dumb . You're saying things about the cap 90% of the forum knows . That's like telling us that grass is green :/. Oh and regardless of moves make to offer Melo a contract that's still signing Melo " out right " smh .

that's the whole point you guys aren't making any cap savy moves so the only option is a s & t which means the knicks have leverage which means

YOU GUYS WOULD HAVE TO GIVE UP A GOOD PACKAGE TO GET MELO

MIROTIC GIBSON BUTLER 2 FIRST :D

Stunner
04-20-2014, 03:29 PM
that's the whole point you guys aren't making any cap savy moves so the only option is a s & t which means the knicks have leverage which means

Alright

Bartlee23
04-20-2014, 04:01 PM

Who are you to say the Bulls can't sign Carmelo outright if he's true to his word and really wants to win? He has stated that money is not important right now. Lebron and Bosh took much less to go to Miami because they wanted to win. Who's to say Carmelo does/doesn''t do the same thing? Nothing is impossible. You have proved nothing other than being very rude to people who are trying to explain to you how things COULD work.

Chicago has so many ways they can go this offseason, Carmelo is just one. Chances are they are not going to gut the team or sign a player who's going on 30 to any kind of crazy contract. I do understand it's tough being a fan of the Knicks due to their track record but be logical.

The future of Chicago is so bright right now whether you want to believe it or not. It is definitely not Carmelo or bust. We'd actually probably be better without him due to the fact that he doesn't fit into our mold of a player but for the right price.... who knows?

BlinkManJan02
04-20-2014, 04:21 PM
I don't see melo winning a championship ever, unless it's as a bench player at the end of his career and he's on the right team at the right time. I've always been a closet Knicks fan, I'm excited to see what they'll do under pj.

flclfanman
04-20-2014, 04:38 PM

You keep playing your XBox. That's the only way the Knicks get a deal like that for Melo.

That's a D12 level deal. A Klove level Deal.

Here: http://hoopshype.com/salaries/chicago.htm

After Chicago Amnesties Boozer they'd have 48 mill on the cap. If the salary cap is raised to 62 mill it'd give us 14 mill in space. Trade off dunleavy and there's 17 mill in space.

At best, the Knicks get our two firsts this year. No Butler, Gibson, or Mirotic (if we keep him in Europe this year) for you.

east fb knicks
04-20-2014, 05:23 PM
Who are you to say the Bulls can't sign Carmelo outright if he's true to his word and really wants to win? He has stated that money is not important right now. Lebron and Bosh took much less to go to Miami because they wanted to win. Who's to say Carmelo does/doesn''t do the same thing? Nothing is impossible. You have proved nothing other than being very rude to people who are trying to explain to you how things COULD work.

Chicago has so many ways they can go this offseason, Carmelo is just one. Chances are they are not going to gut the team or sign a player who's going on 30 to any kind of crazy contract. I do understand it's tough being a fan of the Knicks due to their track record but be logical.

The future of Chicago is so bright right now whether you want to believe it or not. It is definitely not Carmelo or bust. We'd actually probably be better without him due to the fact that he doesn't fit into our mold of a player but for the right price.... who knows? I never said the bulls needed melo and their better off not trading for him but i'm just pointing out the facts bro all this melo to chi is just espn bs he has a better chance signing with the rockets and why do you think they are willing to part with parsons

You keep playing your XBox. That's the only way the Knicks get a deal like that for Melo.

That's a D12 level deal. A Klove level Deal.

Here: http://hoopshype.com/salaries/chicago.htm

After Chicago Amnesties Boozer they'd have 48 mill on the cap. If the salary cap is raised to 62 mill it'd give us 14 mill in space. Trade off dunleavy and there's 17 mill in space.

At best, the Knicks get our two firsts this year. No Butler, Gibson, or Mirotic (if we keep him in Europe this year) for you.

reading is fundamental re read my post and you can answer you own question on why your wrong I mean dam bro I literally highlighted all the main points so all these bulls homers realize if they want melo they need to give up some assets I wouldn't be surprised if we got 3 first for melo the nets gave up 3 first for pp and kg and ther past their prime

sep11ie
04-20-2014, 05:55 PM
I never said the bulls needed melo and their better off not trading for him but i'm just pointing out the facts bro all this melo to chi is just espn bs he has a better chance signing with the rockets and why do you think they are willing to part with parsons

reading is fundamental re read my post and you can answer you own question on why your wrong I mean dam bro I literally highlighted all the main points so all these bulls homers realize if they want melo they need to give up some assets I wouldn't be surprised if we got 3 first for melo the nets gave up 3 first for pp and kg and ther past their prime

Irony at it's finest.

MSG34
04-20-2014, 05:56 PM
I'm a Melo fan but it's interesting he feels this way after forcing us to gut our team (Gallo, Chandler, etc.) for him. If he really wanted to win in NYC, he would have walked or forced his way here in 2011. Now he's in a tough position in large part due to his own short sightedness.

Pierzynski4Prez
04-20-2014, 05:56 PM

Nothing apparently....

omg again Im about to start a thread that breaks down the salary cap if another person tells me he's a dam free agent

THE BULLS DON'T HAVE ENOUGH CAP TO SIGN HIM WTF IS HIM BEING A FREE AGENT HAVE TO DO WITH ANYTHING:mad:

can somebody show me how the bulls can at least offer him 15 mill :confused:

The bulls can have 1 million in cap space. That means they can make an offer to Melo. It's not up to East Fb Knicks to decide what he signs for. Melo has made it a point to go on record multiple times saying money is not an issue.Please enlighten us with your cap wisdom since you know more than experts on it?

"dum" comments. Got it. As for the rest, see above.

They do have 2 first round picks to sign. And they will. Pretty good for a team bound for likely at least the 2nd round. How many picks to the non-playoff Knicks have?

It has been fun. Proving you wrong over and over again. I just proved to you above how we can sign Melo without a sign and trade. 1 mil contract bro. Is it impossible? It would be funner though if you weren't so dense and actually read what everybody was telling you.

How are the Bulls supposed to make moves when the season is still going on? And again, we don't have to give up **** to get Melo. He is a free agent, and only he decides where he goes and for how much. But keep dreaming on that package. I wish I could see the expression on your face when Melo walks for nothing.

your starting to see the light my son lmao now reality sets in cuz Gibson is on a horrible contract you guys really should have tanked this year you had a chance at unloading Dunleavy and Gibson early on and you guys could have had a lottery pick and the bobcats pick and had a chance to sign melo outright with out giving up anything but my front office is ********:facepalm: just ask your self this was it worth it just for a 2nd rd knock out:laugh:

Gibsons contract is just fine. Better than about 95% of the players on the Knicks not on a rookie contract. And we should have tanked? We ****ing won 48 games and have home court in the playoffs, despite trading away Deng. You should work for a NBA front office. I'd say the Knicks should hire you, but according to you they are a top 5 team in the league, now and for the future. I mean, surely a 37 win team with 1 pick for the next 3 drafts, 1-2 young guys with some talent, and a load of worthless players is better than a near 50 win team with 4 1st round picks in the next 2 draft and the rights to the best euro player, along with 12+ million in cap space. Take Melo off both teams and were comparing a 48 win team with tons of assets to a probably 25 win team with no assets.

I never said the bulls needed melo and their better off not trading for him but i'm just pointing out the facts bro all this melo to chi is just espn bs he has a better chance signing with the rockets and why do you think they are willing to part with parsons

Wait, so he has a better chance of signing with a team with even less cap space than the Bulls? This is all after you've been preaching how we don't have enough money. Rockets have no cap space, yet they have the better chance.

Please don't respond to me, as your incoherent ramblings do nothing but hurt your arguments man.

rds1488
04-20-2014, 06:01 PM
east fb knicks you're ********. Even espn ny and the fan talk about melo possibly leaving. You seriously think that it will be difficult for the bulls to trade dunleavy(who is a quality player) or two top 20 draft picks in a deep draft. Common man open up your head and stop being so thick headed. At most the bulls will trade you their two top 20 draft picks and dunleavy and you guys should be content with that. And if you disagree its because you arguing for the sake for argument or your IQ is low

rds1488
04-20-2014, 06:02 PM
the real question is if melo will accept less than the max cause the knicks can offer more.

effen5
Lol....he still thinks the Knicks have leverage...and 3 first round picks :laugh:

Pierzynski4Prez
east fb knicks you're ********. Even espn ny and the fan talk about melo possibly leaving. You seriously think that it will be difficult for the bulls to trade dunleavy(who is a quality player) or two top 20 draft picks in a deep draft. Common man open up your head and stop being so thick headed. At most the bulls will trade you their two top 20 draft picks and dunleavy and you guys should be content with that. And if you disagree its because you arguing for the sake for argument or your IQ is low

Bingo

effen5
04-20-2014, 06:06 PM
the real question is if melo will accept less than the max cause the knicks can offer more.

That's it...if melo wants the max he can stay in new York because hes not worth what he's going to get paid. If he's willing to take a paycut he should just sign with the bulls and leave nyk with nothing.

Intheyear420
04-20-2014, 06:38 PM

all this guy knows is to use bad grammar and call everyone bro..and to use bold font. why on earth would anyone want to trade for mdj if it helps their team? makes tons of sense that teams would rather not "help" the bulls even if it means mdj would help their team. oy vey this guy is DUM!. can we get this guy some schooling please?

east fb knicks
04-20-2014, 06:40 PM
Nothing apparently....

The bulls can have 1 million in cap space. That means they can make an offer to Melo. It's not up to East Fb Knicks to decide what he signs for. Melo has made it a point to go on record multiple times saying money is not an issue.Please enlighten us with your cap wisdom since you know more than experts on it?

They do have 2 first round picks to sign. And they will. Pretty good for a team bound for likely at least the 2nd round. How many picks to the non-playoff Knicks have?

It has been fun. Proving you wrong over and over again. I just proved to you above how we can sign Melo without a sign and trade. 1 mil contract bro. Is it impossible? It would be funner though if you weren't so dense and actually read what everybody was telling you.

How are the Bulls supposed to make moves when the season is still going on? And again, we don't have to give up **** to get Melo. He is a free agent, and only he decides where he goes and for how much. But keep dreaming on that package. I wish I could see the expression on your face when Melo walks for nothing.

Gibsons contract is just fine. Better than about 95% of the players on the Knicks not on a rookie contract. And we should have tanked? We ****ing won 48 games and have home court in the playoffs, despite trading away Deng. You should work for a NBA front office. I'd say the Knicks should hire you, but according to you they are a top 5 team in the league, now and for the future. I mean, surely a 37 win team with 1 pick for the next 3 drafts, 1-2 young guys with some talent, and a load of worthless players is better than a near 50 win team with 4 1st round picks in the next 2 draft and the rights to the best euro player, along with 12+ million in cap space. Take Melo off both teams and were comparing a 48 win team with tons of assets to a probably 25 win team with no assets.

Wait, so he has a better chance of signing with a team with even less cap space than the Bulls? This is all after you've been preaching how we don't have enough money. Rockets have no cap space, yet they have the better chance.

Please don't respond to me, as your incoherent ramblings do nothing but hurt your arguments man.

you wrote all of that and said nothing to back up your argument besides melo might sign for 1 mill :laugh2:

east fb knicks
04-20-2014, 06:46 PM

lmao get off my dick

east fb knicks
04-20-2014, 06:49 PM
all this guy knows is to use bad grammar and call everyone bro..and to use bold font. why on earth would anyone want to trade for mdj if it helps their team? makes tons of sense that teams would rather not "help" the bulls even if it means mdj would help their team. oy vey this guy is DUM!. can we get this guy some schooling please?

ok and what does this have to do with melo not going to the bulls:shrug:

Bartlee23
04-20-2014, 07:00 PM
you wrote all of that and said nothing to back up your argument besides melo might sign for 1 mill :laugh2:

No.... again we proved one of your useless theories that Carmelo could be signed for nothing/lower amount. Give it up you keep sticking your foot in your mouth with your lack of basketball knowledge. Not one person has agreed with anything you have claimed and everything you have said has been proven wrong.

Keep talking though it makes me laugh every time you open your mouth. You might want to think/ do research about a topic before you start talking like you know everything. An English lesson wouldn't hurt ether.

Pierzynski4Prez
04-20-2014, 07:36 PM
Nothing apparently....

Right there. That's the whole point he could sign for 1 million, no sign and trade if he doesnt want to, which trumps every single one of your useless posts on here.

He won't sign for 1 mil obviously, but he could, accept a 1st year salary of 12, 13, 14, 15, 18 million, 50 bucks maybe, or likely 22 some million from the knicks thus ending any chances they ever had of competing for a title. We don't know any more than he says winning trumps all at this moment, and he wants to consider all his options.

Nothing gets through to you. You just keep getting called numerous things for your ridiculous claims, yet you still think because you can click on a facepalm emoticon that what you type (poorly) has any merit.

east fb knicks
04-20-2014, 10:28 PM
Right there. That's the whole point he could sign for 1 million, no sign and trade if he doesnt want to, which trumps every single one of your useless posts on here.

He won't sign for 1 mil obviously, but he could, accept a 1st year salary of 12, 13, 14, 15, 18 million, 50 bucks maybe, or likely 22 some million from the knicks thus ending any chances they ever had of competing for a title. We don't know any more than he says winning trumps all at this moment, and he wants to consider all his options.

Nothing gets through to you. You just keep getting called numerous things for your ridiculous claims, yet you still think because you can click on a facepalm emoticon that what you type (poorly) has any merit.

oh ok so now he's signing there for 12 mill :laugh:

effen5
04-21-2014, 12:26 AM
http://cdn.head-fi.org/d/d4/d4837514_Point_over_your_head.jpeg

east fb knicks
04-21-2014, 02:00 AM
http://cdn.head-fi.org/d/d4/d4837514_Point_over_your_head.jpeg

:confused:

chipurmunki
04-21-2014, 04:40 AM
wtbloodyf, east fb knicks... does your computer not have any punctuation, or do they not teach you about that where you're from? your 'posts' are absurd and ridiculous anyway, but damn...

slashsnake
04-21-2014, 05:37 AM

Let me get this straight. Your argument is Dunleavy. On a 3 mil, 1 year left contract that gains you more cap room after next year. Who has been playing as well or better this season than last (you know, better than when he signed this deal) AND two first round picks (16th and 19th) can't net them basically nothing?

If Melo wanted to go to Chicago, Phil Jackson would BEG for that deal rather than lose him for nothing. Actually, the easiest one would be Boozer's massive expiring contract. That one could be gold for a team looking at the basement in 2014 (ie. Knicks without Anthony).

And it seems like timing is just not on your side. 5 mil more on next years cap means a higher apron for a sign and trade for Chicago, making that move a lot easier to get done.

And the better chance is with the Rockets? 30 million this year going to Lin and Asik is their piece. That to me looks a bit tougher to move as both are in the "poision pill" years of their deals.

slashsnake
04-21-2014, 06:02 AM
I wouldn't be surprised if we got 3 first for melo the nets gave up 3 first for pp and kg and ther past their prime

Please tell me you do realize the Nets did this because they didn't have the cap space to do a sign and trade or just a signing to bring in free agent talent, so they HAD to give up a lot to get players if they wanted to change their roster, and in the process had to dump salaries to make that happened so needed to find a tanking team to partner up with and offer a nice upside for the deal. They weren't getting Garnett and Pierce no matter what, so Boston might as well get something for it. They were actively trading a player under contract.

So let me get this straight. NY traded Gallo, salaries, a 1st and two 2nds for Melo (in a mid year contract too, beating FA), but somehow is turning older Melo into more than that? Does he age like a good scotch? Your belief now is that 30 year old Melo on a long term deal is more desirable than 26 year old Melo in his prime on one?

In a sign and trade you just said wouldn't be surprised if a team gave up more than what Miami gave up for Lebron James...

Why would a team think Melo is worth giving up 50% more than what it took to get Lebron? Just curious.

DR_1
04-21-2014, 03:27 PM
He's leaving. No doubt. Drose/melo/Noah is nice.

:drool:

east fb knicks
04-21-2014, 05:16 PM
Please tell me you do realize the Nets did this because they didn't have the cap space to do a sign and trade or just a signing to bring in free agent talent, so they HAD to give up a lot to get players if they wanted to change their roster, and in the process had to dump salaries to make that happened so needed to find a tanking team to partner up with and offer a nice upside for the deal. They weren't getting Garnett and Pierce no matter what, so Boston might as well get something for it. They were actively trading a player under contract.

So let me get this straight. NY traded Gallo, salaries, a 1st and two 2nds for Melo (in a mid year contract too, beating FA), but somehow is turning older Melo into more than that? Does he age like a good scotch? Your belief now is that 30 year old Melo on a long term deal is more desirable than 26 year old Melo in his prime on one?

In a sign and trade you just said wouldn't be surprised if a team gave up more than what Miami gave up for Lebron James...

Why would a team think Melo is worth giving up 50% more than what it took to get Lebron? Just curious.

the bulls don't either whats your point :shrug:

east fb knicks
04-21-2014, 05:27 PM
Let me get this straight. Your argument is Dunleavy. On a 3 mil, 1 year left contract that gains you more cap room after next year. Who has been playing as well or better this season than last (you know, better than when he signed this deal) AND two first round picks (16th and 19th) can't net them basically nothing?

If Melo wanted to go to Chicago, Phil Jackson would BEG for that deal rather than lose him for nothing. Actually, the easiest one would be Boozer's massive expiring contract. That one could be gold for a team looking at the basement in 2014 (ie. Knicks without Anthony).

And it seems like timing is just not on your side. 5 mil more on next years cap means a higher apron for a sign and trade for Chicago, making that move a lot easier to get done.

And the better chance is with the Rockets? 30 million this year going to Lin and Asik is their piece. That to me looks a bit tougher to move as both are in the "poision pill" years of their deals.

it don't matter that the cap went up the bulls still need to unload salary to sign melo tell me this why would a team trade for Dunleavy just so the bulls get melo ntm they also have to get rid of the two first teams could just trade for Dunleavy after the season starts if they want him :shrug:

idk if people are just trolling at this point but I've already proved that melo isn't going to the bulls unless they give up a lot :facepalm:

Slug3
04-21-2014, 05:52 PM
I'm not saying it will happen or the percentage chance it could. Buy why would Melo choose Chicago over Miami if he had a choice of either one? Miami is already better than Chicago as is now.

east fb knicks
04-21-2014, 06:01 PM
I'm not saying it will happen or the percentage chance it could. Buy why would Melo choose Chicago over Miami if he had a choice of either one? Miami is already better than Chicago as is now.

agreed all these bulls fans keep saying how the bulls are his best option lmao guess what the big three could opt out bosh could leave and the heat could sign melo for nothing ntm the rockets are also a better fit than the bulls

Kaner
04-21-2014, 06:19 PM

Nobody has that low of an ego/competitive spirit.

Carmelo wants to win but I really doubt he wants to win as a 6th man.

Trueblue2
04-21-2014, 06:22 PM

Not to mention that any team with cap room would gladly take on the bulls 2 1sts and dunleavy for nothing in return. If melo wanted to go to chi nyk would be stupid to turn that down because all they would have to do is call up any other team and basically give those players away.

FlashBolt
04-21-2014, 06:42 PM
Melo should consider signing with Miami. That's the only way he'll be winning because he's just a complimentary piece.

east fb knicks
04-21-2014, 06:43 PM
Not to mention that any team with cap room would gladly take on the bulls 2 1sts and dunleavy for nothing in return. If melo wanted to go to chi nyk would be stupid to turn that down because all they would have to do is call up any other team and basically give those players away.

now I do agree with that finally somebody making some sense

east fb knicks
04-21-2014, 06:46 PM
Melo should consider signing with Miami. That's the only way he'll be winning because he's just a complimentary piece.

:laugh:
27 ppg 8rpg :facepalm:

east fb knicks
04-21-2014, 06:48 PM
Nobody has that low of an ego/competitive spirit.
Carmelo wants to win but I really doubt he wants to win as a 6th man.

LeBron did :shrug:

Kaner
04-21-2014, 06:58 PM
LeBron did :shrug:

Completely different Lebron was still the best player on the team he was going to and knew that he'd be the guy who got the most credit/criticism.

Trueblue2
04-21-2014, 09:36 PM
now I do agree with that finally somebody making some sense

Well what im saying is that it would be unwise for nyk to turn down any S&T offer fro CHI if that's where melo wants to go. They dont have leverage because the bulls have enough assets to clear up cap for Melo with or without a S&T. CHI might even be better off trading w/a third team because they could get future picks and young cheap assets along w melo. If they offer boozer/mdl/1st in a S&T NYK would have no choice but to accept the offer because they could just as easily offer the same deal to any number of other teams for future picks/cheap contracts and have the cap to sign Melo. CHI can also amnesty boozer if there's no takers for him.

From NYK's perspective it's not a choice between MDL/boozer/1st and Melo, it's a choice between MDL/boozer/1st and nothing. If Melo wants to go to CHI finances aren't gonna get in the way, regardless of how cooperative NYK is.

Stunner
04-21-2014, 09:51 PM
Well what im saying is that it would be unwise for nyk to turn down any S&T offer fro CHI if that's where melo wants to go. They dont have leverage because the bulls have enough assets to clear up cap for Melo with or without a S&T. CHI might even be better off trading w/a third team because they could get future picks and young cheap assets along w melo. If they offer boozer/mdl/1st in a S&T NYK would have no choice but to accept the offer because they could just as easily offer the same deal to any number of other teams for future picks/cheap contracts and have the cap to sign Melo. CHI can also amnesty boozer if there's no takers for him.

From NYK's perspective it's not a choice between MDL/boozer/1st and Melo, it's a choice between MDL/boozer/1st and nothing. If Melo wants to go to CHI finances aren't gonna get in the way, regardless of how cooperative NYK is.

What everyone has been saying all along but he'll still disagree

east fb knicks
04-22-2014, 12:01 AM

lmao that's not what you guys were saying but it does make sense and you guys sill wouldn't have money for mirotic so

2 first mirotic Dunleavy plus add Gibson for a salary dump

that's kinda the deal I said all along you guys would lose out on mirotic if you sign melo anyway so unless the bulls wanna be dicks and just keep him in spain they'd probably throw him in the deal too the bulls owner is the cheapest in the league any s&t would almost certainly include gibson

slashsnake
04-22-2014, 12:07 AM
the bulls don't either whats your point :shrug:

Huh? The bulls can easily get that cap space is the point.. You bring up the rockets... Remember that POISION PILL, year in the contract they offered lin? THAT is the year you are taking if you trade for Lin. Which sounds easier to move for you?

Really, no offense, but I think you need to pick a new favorite sport or really start paying attention to basketball. Why would teams trade for Dunleavy? Did you not read the post? Cheap average starting guy with expiring contract... And you give up nothing in return basically.

Why wouldn't a team want him? Don't say he isn't worth it, he's playing better than when he signed his deal, its only 3 mil, he's a marginal starting talent, and he isn't breaking the bank for you. If he was a free agent today he'd get a 3 mil 1 year deal. This isn't a big deal. This isn't Raymond Felton type money here. We aren't talking about paying him like Matt Bonner. We are talking about 3 mil for a guy putting up 12-5-3 since Deng left and has a very good outside shot.

Josh McRoberts got 2 years 3 mil each this past off-season. Coming off 4 pts and 3 boards.
Wayne Ellington got the same deal, for his 3 points a year this year.

Billups, Will Bynum, Chris Copeland, Matt Barnes, Farouq Aminu (more actually), Jason Maxiell, Dorrell Wright, Marco Bellinelli are the other guys who teams intentionally signed to this type of contract last year. Why is Dunleavy not worth that? People were complaining that the Nets owner was cheating the league by paying Andrei Kirilenko MORE on his 2 year deal than Dunleavy. A guy who Dunleavy's production has been doubling.

Come on. I don't even like the Bulls, but your arguments are so flawed, it is just not even making sense trying to ask you to answer something sensible here.

east fb knicks
04-22-2014, 12:22 AM
Huh? The bulls can easily get that cap space is the point.. Really, no offense, but I think you need to pick a new favorite sport or really start paying attention to basketball. Why would teams trade for Dunleavy? Did you not read the post? Cheap average starting guy with expiring contract, plus a first round pick makes him a very wanted asset.

Why wouldn't they want him? Don't say he isn't worth it, he's playing better than when he signed his deal, its only 3 mil, he's a marginal starting talent, and he isn't breaking the bank for you. If he was a free agent today he'd get a 3 mil 1 year deal.

look man I know it can be done but your still depending on another team to help out and sometimes it's just not that easy even with picks it's not like the bulls are a well liked team teams might just not trade for Dunleavy simply to screw the bulls over

Pierzynski4Prez
04-22-2014, 12:25 AM

He's getting dumber on the subject page by page too.

effen5
04-22-2014, 05:52 AM
look man I know it can be done but your still depending on another team to help out and sometimes it's just not that easy even with picks it's not like the bulls are a well liked team teams might just not trade for Dunleavy simply to screw the bulls over

We unloaded Kirk Hinrich's 10 million dollar contract to the Wizards 4 years ago with a 17th round draft pick.

Crackadalic
04-22-2014, 06:35 AM
We don't even have a head coach(who could be Kerr) so until that's settle and Phil and the new coach sit with him you just don't know

east fb knicks
04-22-2014, 11:38 AM
We unloaded Kirk Hinrich's 10 million dollar contract to the Wizards 4 years ago with a 17th round draft pick.

lmao really 17th rd huh :eyebrow:

Intheyear420
04-22-2014, 04:12 PM
lmao really 17th rd huh :eyebrow:

it was obviously a typo. 17th pick for hinrich. BRO! you should just stop posting. u keep posting the same garbage over and over and have no clue about anything. keep playing your video games where your logic and ideas might make sense instead of actually learning anything of importance and then trying to have debates about it. you will never win a debate. your iq is maybe slightly higher than 80 i would imagine by your posts. My 8 year old has a higher iq. No more wasting time responding to your ******** ***. Enjoy replying and spewing the same crap as always.

effen5
04-22-2014, 06:15 PM
it was obviously a typo. 17th pick for hinrich. BRO! you should just stop posting. u keep posting the same garbage over and over and have no clue about anything. keep playing your video games where your logic and ideas might make sense instead of actually learning anything of importance and then trying to have debates about it. you will never win a debate. your iq is maybe slightly higher than 80 i would imagine by your posts. My 8 year old has a higher iq. No more wasting time responding to your ******** ***. Enjoy replying and spewing the same crap as always.

Thank you and yes it was a typo.

east fb knicks
04-22-2014, 08:24 PM
Thank you and yes it was a typo.

no it wasn't :laugh: