PDA

View Full Version : NBA Playoffs Round 1 of the Eastern Conference: Raptors Vs. Nets

FriedTofuz
04-17-2014, 06:01 PM
Who you got and why?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=m-ETWhyV5Ps

FriedTofuz
04-18-2014, 02:08 AM

has them in 6. Raptors!

RipCity32
04-18-2014, 02:28 AM
I'm going with Raptors in 6. Basically they are younger and better at every position. The Nets players do have a lot more playoff experience but this Raptor squad and Canada looks pretty hungry right now.

KnicksorBust
04-18-2014, 11:56 AM
Who you got and why?

Love me some bball breakdown. If any diehard nba fans havent watched his videos before then you are missing out.

That being said I disagree. I've been a doubter of the Raptors/Blazers/Suns the whole season and I'm not changing now. The Nets are played well with their small-ball lineup and the Raptors can't exploit that. The Nets have momentum and proven playoff experience. I'm going with them.

Bold move FriedTofuz risking your account on it. Any reason why you're so confident?

D-Leethal
04-18-2014, 11:58 AM
Love me some bball breakdown. If any diehard nba fans havent watched his videos before then you are missing out.

That being said I disagree. I think the Nets experience will win out here. The Nets are played well with their small-ball lineup and the Raptors can't exploit that. The Nets have momentum and proven playoff performances. I'm going with them.

Bold move FriedTofuz risking your account on it. Any reason why you're so confident?

I think Jonas and Amir Johnson are enough in the bigs department to pound Brooklyn down low. And watching DWill and Joe try to stay in front of Lowry and DeMarr should be fun. I like the Raps chances here - but if Pierce can put up a monster series I think Nets win it in 6. Based on his playoff series vs us last year, I'm not too sold on that.

BALLER R
04-18-2014, 11:59 AM

That being said I disagree. I've been a doubter of the Raptors/Blazers/Suns the whole season and I'm not changing now. The Nets are played well with their small-ball lineup and the Raptors can't exploit that. The Nets have momentum and proven playoff experience. I'm going with them.

The raptors have more momentum. Raptors can play small. They might not start a small line up but they sure have the ability to play small.

bucketss
04-18-2014, 12:11 PM
i hope dwane casey doesn't do something stupid like play novak in a desperate attempt to go small.

DoMeFavors
04-18-2014, 12:14 PM
I got the Nets because they are the Nets and the Raptors are the Raptors. Yes that is a simple answer but it means alot.

Raps08-09 Champ
04-18-2014, 12:19 PM

A little too excited maybe?

ScottFromCanada
04-18-2014, 12:22 PM
Raptors because as some guy ,that I forget the name of, said yesterday on TV Brooklyn players may have experience but they do not have experience together.

KnicksorBust
04-18-2014, 12:37 PM
I think Jonas and Amir Johnson are enough in the bigs department to pound Brooklyn down low. And watching DWill and Joe try to stay in front of Lowry and DeMarr should be fun. I like the Raps chances here - but if Pierce can put up a monster series I think Nets win it in 6. Based on his playoff series vs us last year, I'm not too sold on that.

Wow. Way to be able to give yourself credit for being right no matter what the outcome. Tough to fit "I like the Raps chances" and "Nets win it in 6" in the same sentence but you did it. :clap:

KnicksorBust
04-18-2014, 12:38 PM
The raptors have more momentum. Raptors can play small. They might not start a small line up but they sure have the ability to play small.

Let's say the Nets roll-out a crunchtime lineup of D-Will, JJ, Livingston, Pierce, KG. How do you defend that?

KnicksorBust
04-18-2014, 12:40 PM
Raptors because as some guy ,that I forget the name of, said yesterday on TV Brooklyn players may have experience but they do not have experience together.

What are you talking about? Deron Williams and Joe Johnson just played together in the playoffs last season and Pierce/KG won a title together.

KnicksorBust
04-18-2014, 12:41 PM

:laugh: My thought as well. However, as someone who has made (and won) a sig-bet for life... I love it.

ScottFromCanada
04-18-2014, 12:48 PM
What are you talking about? Deron Williams and Joe Johnson just played together in the playoffs last season and Pierce/KG won a title together.

yea but not as a group this isn't the Boston Celtics a few year ago or anything like that.

KnicksorBust
04-18-2014, 01:05 PM
yea but not as a group this isn't the Boston Celtics a few year ago or anything like that.

When the Celtics won the title with KG-Pierce-Allen how much experience did they have as a group?

akesh99
04-18-2014, 01:05 PM
^except we're the 3rd seed and division champs.. know your role son

Sly Guy
04-18-2014, 01:09 PM

the funny thing about this is that in the regular season, it's been the opposite. Plumblee has owned Val, and the length of the Nets at other positions has hurt us. Pierce, if he has a good series could kill us, and Livingston could be a big impact guy as well. I don't expect JJ, DWil, or any of the rest to do enough to scare me, but those guys do.

That being said, I'd seen a lot of 'experts' pick the nets for the upset, and I wholeheartedly disagree. The regular season series was split, but the two games we lost were outliers in how our team plays, and I'm confident in our team play, our athleticism. Our team has been mentally tough beyond anything I've ever seen out of a raptor squad this year, and I'd be surprised if we did anything to beat ourselves.

Raps in 7, I say.

jsumadchat
04-18-2014, 01:22 PM
Let's say the Nets roll-out a crunchtime lineup of D-Will, JJ, Livingston, Pierce, KG. How do you defend that?

lowry, derozan, ross, salmons/amir johnson, amir johnson/valanciunas. although i can see casey putting chuck hayes on KG or vasquez on livingston. im also almost certain he thinks amir can handle guarding pierce. the last time KG and valanciunas went head to head, val had 20 pts and 13 rbds on 9-14 and KG had 6 pts and 11 rbds on 3-8. i think the raps can and SHOULD exploit the nets down low. plum can create a nice challenge for val, and i havent seen enough of him to make any statements about his game, but i know he is fearless, and he changes a lot of shots inside against us.

the homer in me OBVIOUSLY says the raps take the series, but im a realist and am smart enough to realize as a basketball fan and enthusiast, that the series will be tightly contested throughout.

unlike DoMeFavors, i see that BOTH teams have things going for them, but i think the raps SHOULD take the nets out. the nets DO have 'playoff experience', but thats just a little overrated IMO. the spurs have playoff experience and lost a 2-0 lead on the thunder a couple yrs back, and couldnt close out MIA last year in the dying seconds of a championship clinching game. that proves that experience does not always trump talent, and as an entire cohesive team unit, i think the raptors have more talent overall than the nets. with that being said, i really still think the series can go either way and am excited to watch it all unfold.

jsumadchat
04-18-2014, 01:22 PM
the funny thing about this is that in the regular season, it's been the opposite. Plumblee has owned Val, and the length of the Nets at other positions has hurt us. Pierce, if he has a good series could kill us, and Livingston could be a big impact guy as well. I don't expect JJ, DWil, or any of the rest to do enough to scare me, but those guys do.

That being said, I'd seen a lot of 'experts' pick the nets for the upset, and I wholeheartedly disagree. The regular season series was split, but the two games we lost were outliers in how our team plays, and I'm confident in our team play, our athleticism. Our team has been mentally tough beyond anything I've ever seen out of a raptor squad this year, and I'd be surprised if we did anything to beat ourselves.

Raps in 7, I say.

where and when has plumlee EVER owned val?

he avged 5 pts and 7 rbds in 3 meetings against the raps and fouled out in the one BK loss that was decisive.

im SURE he will and he has created problems with his length, but against the raps he's only caused problems to everyone EXCEPT val. him and blatche have eaten up hayes, patterson, and hansbrough... definitely not val.

Sly Guy
04-18-2014, 01:27 PM
where and when has plumlee owned val?

'owning' is a misleading statement, but in the games they've been matched up, val has had terribly ineffective games. Plumlee has frustrated him with his length, gotten val into foul trouble, or has otherwise turned him into a non-factor.

D-Leethal
04-18-2014, 01:31 PM
'owning' is a misleading statement, but in the games they've been matched up, val has had terribly ineffective games. Plumlee has frustrated him with his length, gotten val into foul trouble, or has otherwise turned him into a non-factor.

I had Val on my fantasy team, so I'm really only going by that, but it seems like he turned a corner in a major way these last few weeks of the season after an unexpected slow start for the first 2/3s of it. Started putting up some monster double doubles.

NYKnickFanatic
04-18-2014, 01:34 PM
i hope dwane casey doesn't do something stupid like play novak in a desperate attempt to go small.

Don't disrespect Novak.

jsumadchat
04-18-2014, 01:35 PM

i agree with this statement a little bit more, but again, its a little off.

val is avging 10 pts, 9 rbds, 1 blk on 50%FG and 75%FT. that is hardly inefficient. his statline has gotten progressively better EVERY game against the nets, and i think theyre in trouble if they dont gameplan for him.

bucketss
04-18-2014, 01:35 PM
nets.com leads to the raptors site now lool,

DoMeFavors
04-18-2014, 01:36 PM
lowry, derozan, ross, salmons/amir johnson, amir johnson/valanciunas. although i can see casey putting chuck hayes on KG or vasquez on livingston. im also almost certain he thinks amir can handle guarding pierce. the last time KG and valanciunas went head to head, val had 20 pts and 13 rbds on 9-14 and KG had 6 pts and 11 rbds on 3-8. i think the raps can and SHOULD exploit the nets down low. plum can create a nice challenge for val, and i havent seen enough of him to make any statements about his game, but i know he is fearless, and he changes a lot of shots inside against us.

the homer in me OBVIOUSLY says the raps take the series, but im a realist and am smart enough to realize as a basketball fan and enthusiast, that the series will be tightly contested throughout.

unlike DoMeFavors, i see that BOTH teams have things going for them, but i think the raps SHOULD take the nets out. the nets DO have 'playoff experience', but thats just a little overrated IMO. the spurs have playoff experience and lost a 2-0 lead on the thunder a couple yrs back, and couldnt close out MIA last year in the dying seconds of a championship clinching game. that proves that experience does not always trump talent, and as an entire cohesive team unit, i think the raptors have more talent overall than the nets. with that being said, i really still think the series can go either way and am excited to watch it all unfold.

you are right man its exactly like Spurs vs Thunder and Heat. Lebron,Wade,Durant,Westbrook are exactly the same as Lowry and Demar and Amir Johnson. Exactly the same! Oh yes and the playoff expierence Lebron,Wade,Durant,Westbrook have compare to all the great playoff battles that Lowry played as a backup pg, and Salmons played with the bucks. My bad man, I guess when you put it that way you are right. Lowry and Salmons are playoff tested and will take out Nets expierence.

Sly Guy
04-18-2014, 01:37 PM
nets.com leads to the raptors site now lool,

lol, it's true, and it's awesome

NYKnickFanatic
04-18-2014, 01:37 PM
When the Celtics won the title with KG-Pierce-Allen how much experience did they have as a group?

Why don't you get in on that sig bet of loser deletes their account?

No point. He said he would do that last year, if the Bulls beat the Nets. He doesn't keep his word.

jsumadchat
04-18-2014, 01:39 PM
I had Val on my fantasy team, so I'm really only going by that, but it seems like he turned a corner in a major way these last few weeks of the season after an unexpected slow start for the first 2/3s of it. Started putting up some monster double doubles.

yup. 16.8 pts, 11.0 rbds, 0.9 blks on 57.6%FG and 76.6%FT in his last 8 games. his defence can be better, but these are the type of numbers you want to see if youre a raptor fan going into a series with no real defensive presence in the middle. he NEEDS to be featured on offence.

KnicksorBust
04-18-2014, 01:44 PM

Experience is never overrated as it has been proven repeatedly to be a valuable part of a team's playoff success. However, I did enjoy the rest of your post. The issue that you brought up that would prevent me from picking the Raptors is that I don't think Amir Johnson has any business guarding Paul Pierce.

jsumadchat
04-18-2014, 01:44 PM
you are right man its exactly like Spurs vs Thunder and Heat. Lebron,Wade,Durant,Westbrook are exactly the same as Lowry and Demar and Amir Johnson. Exactly the same! Oh yes and the playoff expierence Lebron,Wade,Durant,Westbrook have compare to all the great playoff battles that Lowry played as a backup pg, and Salmons played with the bucks. My bad man, I guess when you put it that way you are right. Lowry and Salmons are playoff tested and will take out Nets expierence.

when did i make ANY of those comparisons? im making valid points to your NONE, and at the end of it, all i said was that in my opinion, the RAPTORS - not westbrook, durant, wade, bosh, james, allen - have more talent than the NETS - not parker, ginobili, duncan, leonard. why YOU brought that up, i have no idea. but again, all i've seen from you is that the nets have 'playoff experience' and that this is 'their series' with no other valid backing to your claims, yet my only point is that 'playoff experience' can be overrated especially when a team has superior talent, which i believe the raptors do.

DoMeFavors
04-18-2014, 01:47 PM
when did i make ANY of those comparisons? im making valid points to your NONE, and at the end of it, all i said was that in my opinion, the RAPTORS - not westbrook, durant, wade, bosh, james, allen - have more talent than the NETS - not parker, ginobili, duncan, leonard. why YOU brought that up, i have no idea. but again, all i've seen from you is that the nets have 'playoff experience' and that this is 'their series' with no other valid backing to your claims, yet my only point is that 'playoff experience' can be overrated especially when a team has superior talent, which i believe the raptors do.

thats all you have to see, I dont need to make a case for you because the writing is on the wall. this will be a blowout and Nets will win. You are trying to convince everyone how the raptors will win and I just respond to what you write. I dont need someone to convince me or me to convince anyone, even if you are a raptor fan in the back of your mind you know that these experienced vets know how to win.

jsumadchat
04-18-2014, 01:49 PM
Experience is never overrated as it has been proven repeatedly to be a valuable part of a team's playoff success. However, I did enjoy the rest of your post. The issue that you brought up that would prevent me from picking the Raptors is that I don't think Amir Johnson has any business guarding Paul Pierce.

on the surface it would appear that way regarding amir and pierce, but he's actually one of our more agile and versatile wing defenders, especially considering pierce has lost a step or two. i think he can do a good job of contesting and might not be able to shut him down, but he'll also definitely make him work on defence, which im sure casey will want to do with pierce and garnett.

on the playoff experience thing, i dont know man. i just really dont buy it. i do understand and see why people are proponents of the fact that the nets have a lot of players that have been there and done that, but i just dont think thats enough to count out the raptors because i still do think they have a superior talent base than the nets.

jsumadchat
04-18-2014, 01:54 PM
thats all you have to see, I dont need to make a case for you because the writing is on the wall. this will be a blowout and Nets will win. You are trying to convince everyone how the raptors will win and I just respond to what you write. I dont need someone to convince me or me to convince anyone, even if you are a raptor fan in the back of your mind you know that these experienced vets know how to win.

the writing is not on the wall though. the nets have only beat the raps this year in their 2 games by a combined margin of 6 pts, yet the raps blew the nets out by 16 in one game, the only decisive one in the season series. so thats where i fail to definitively see how you can say it will be a blowout for the nets. they barely beat this team at their lowest point with rudy gay on the roster bro.... come on. im not condoning or trying to convince anyone that the raps will win, im just trying to understand how ANYONE in their right mind can write them off and can say that the nets WILL blow em out.

DoMeFavors
04-18-2014, 01:58 PM
the writing is not on the wall though. the nets have only beat the raps this year in their 2 games by a combined margin of 6 pts, yet the raps blew the nets out by 16 in one game, the only decisive one in the season series. so thats where i fail to definitively see how you can say it will be a blowout for the nets. they barely beat this team at their lowest point with rudy gay on the roster bro.... come on. im not condoning to trying to convince anyone that the raps will win, im just trying to understand how ANYONE in their right mind can write them off and can say that the nets WILL blow em out.

and as I said, those were REGULAR season games. In the playoffs it is different, that is what raptors fans arent understanding. Regular season and playoffs are totally different ball games. Nets will have the confidence that they are playing a team like raptors and raptors are going to look shook like deer in head lights. They dont know how to handle emotions, crowd, intensity. Raptors are going to believe what everyone is saying that nets will win the series and they will second guess themselves. Its like playing chess with a man who has been around the block for yrs, you wont be able to beat his expierence or smarts. Its going to be a game for the Nets, raptors wont be able to take that.

BALLER R
04-18-2014, 02:12 PM

Lowry, Vasquez, Demar, Ross, Jonas

mjt20mik
04-18-2014, 02:14 PM

or...

Lowry, Ross, Demar, Fields, Amir
Lowry, Vasquez, Demar, Ross, Amir
Lowry, Ross, Demar, Salmons, Amir
Lowry, Ross, Demar, Salmons, Val

KG's offense is mute, and I'm not worried about Livingston. So its just JJ, D-Will, and an Old PP.

BALLER R
04-18-2014, 02:18 PM
or...

KG's offense is mute, and I'm not worried about Livingston. So its just JJ, D-Will, and an Old PP.

Exactly the Raptors have options. It just shows the lack of knowledge some people have when it comes to them. They haven't seen the team play much so they don't know what they are dealing with.

DoMeFavors
04-18-2014, 02:19 PM
or...

And for the raptors its just role players.

jsumadchat
04-18-2014, 02:19 PM
or...

you should be worried about livingston. hes one of my only worries on that team.

since his injury he's had to reinvent himself and thats made him a more crafty playmaker and post-up guy on smaller opponents. i think he coud eat vasquez in the post.

BALLER R
04-18-2014, 02:23 PM
you should be worried about livingston. hes one of my only worries on that team.

since his injury he's had to reinvent himself and thats made him a more crafty playmaker and post-up guy on smaller opponents. i think he coud eat vasquez in the post.

Ross guards Livingston, Then probably have salmons on Pierce.

DoMeFavors
04-18-2014, 02:26 PM
Ross guards Livingston, Then probably have salmons on Pierce.

and who has Joe in the post?

leprechaun5
04-18-2014, 02:36 PM
Raptors fans are very excited and i understand that because they reached the playoffs after ... well it was a long time ago .But to repeatedly say they have the superior talent is just absurd.If Nets stay healthy Raptors have no chance at handling them.But i do agree it can be an interesting series and i really hope so .

mjt20mik
04-18-2014, 02:37 PM
And for the raptors its just role players.

4/5 is the starting 5.

2/5 are the team's best players that torch the Nets.

mjt20mik
04-18-2014, 02:38 PM
and who has Joe in the post?

Demar?

ScottFromCanada
04-18-2014, 02:40 PM
Demar?

How about Patterson

DoMeFavors
04-18-2014, 02:42 PM
4/5 is the starting 5.

2/5 are the team's best players that torch the Nets.

Once again, when do they torch the nets? in the regular season for the last time that isnt the post season. And Demar cant handle Joe in the post. Nobody on your team can.

DoMeFavors
04-18-2014, 02:43 PM
How about Patterson

Demar guarding Joe, Joe will just take him off the dribble in iso situations. He isnt easy to defend.

mjt20mik
04-18-2014, 02:44 PM
How about Patterson

I'm fine with Demar on Joe in the post.

Who's going to be guarding our team though?

Lowry, DeRozan, Ross, Johnson, and Valanciunas

John Walls Era
04-18-2014, 03:19 PM
Raps in 5

mjt20mik
04-18-2014, 03:25 PM
Once again, when do they torch the nets? in the regular season for the last time that isnt the post season. And Demar cant handle Joe in the post. Nobody on your team can.

That can be said both ways. When has Demar guarded Joe or anything in the playoffs in the post? Never. So how can you be so sure?

KnicksorBust
04-18-2014, 03:42 PM

or...

You act like just naming lineups proves anything. Fields or Salmons playing crunch time minutes in a playoff game is just laughable at this point.

DoMeFavors
04-18-2014, 03:43 PM
That can be said both ways. When has Demar guarded Joe or anything in the playoffs in the post? Never. So how can you be so sure?

I can be so sure because of the experience factor that you all downplay and wont accept.

bucketss
04-18-2014, 03:43 PM
absolutely nothing scary about the nets.

ScottFromCanada
04-18-2014, 03:49 PM
absolutely nothing scary about the nets.

I wouldn't go that far, Pierce has a killer instinct and the Nets got a lot of depth so our bench is going to have a lot to handle.

Guppyfighter
04-18-2014, 04:01 PM
That experience will really stop the Nets from bricking huh.

DoMeFavors
04-18-2014, 04:09 PM
That experience will really stop the Nets from bricking huh.

the experience gives them a lot of confidence over Raptors who will be doubting themselves

NYKnickFanatic
04-18-2014, 04:09 PM
I wouldn't go that far, Pierce has a killer instinct and the Nets got a lot of depth so our bench is going to have a lot to handle.

Pierce is washed up.

KnicksorBust
04-18-2014, 04:25 PM

Pierce is washed up.

Didnt watch him at all in the 2nd half huh?

FriedTofuz
04-18-2014, 04:27 PM

I figured If I lose, I'll be able to be more productive with school and not post on a forum LOL.
But mainly because I have faith in these hungry raptors, the entire country is behind them. I think the raptors get overlooked because brooklyn is in the US, and they got it together as of late, and I just think tanking to get the raptors was a horrible idea. As barkley said it, I would NOT want to play the raptors. That team has too much dark horse written all over them.

DoMeFavors
04-18-2014, 04:31 PM
I figured If I lose, I'll be able to be more productive with school and not post on a forum LOL.
But mainly because I have faith in these hungry raptors, the entire country is behind them. I think the raptors get overlooked because brooklyn is in the US, and they got it together as of late, and I just think tanking to get the raptors was a horrible idea. As barkley said it, I would NOT want to play the raptors. That team has too much dark horse written all over them.

They were overlooked in 07 and 08 and they lost in first round, its because the other team is better.

ScottFromCanada
04-18-2014, 04:40 PM
Pierce is washed up.

Yea but he's hit some big shots vs the Raptors so I could still see him being a problem.

mjt20mik
04-18-2014, 04:42 PM
I can be so sure because of the experience factor that you all downplay and wont accept.

I have never down played the experience or even stated that I think the Raptors will win. So before you generalize me into the population, please get your facts straight.

mjt20mik
04-18-2014, 04:43 PM
You act like just naming lineups proves anything. Fields or Salmons playing crunch time minutes in a playoff game is just laughable at this point.

Salmons has been playing crunch time minutes during the regular season, so who says he won't play them during the playoffs. And playoffs are about matchups, so Fields might get burn at the 4 to help guard PP.

CubsBullsBucs
04-18-2014, 05:01 PM
They were overlooked in 07 and 08 and they lost in first round, its because the other team is better.

Remember last year u promised to delete your account if the bulls beat the nets....but then u said u weren't going to cuz fans were being to mean to you. Lolol

Guppyfighter
04-18-2014, 05:03 PM
the experience gives them a lot of confidence over Raptors who will be doubting themselves

It's nice the Nets will have confidence in their missed shots.

DoMeFavors
04-18-2014, 05:07 PM
It's nice the Nets will have confidence in their missed shots.

you can beat this team 3 straight times they will have the confidence to win this series, thats how much confidence they have.

BALLER R
04-18-2014, 05:34 PM

Again you know nothing about the Raptors. They say it all the time we aren't scared of anyone. they believe they can play and beat anyone. Over confident? probably but they sure don't fear the Nets.

Trwood12
04-18-2014, 05:41 PM
I got raptors in 7. nets have playoff experienced players but raptors are young and can bring the energy

DoMeFavors
04-18-2014, 05:49 PM
Again you know nothing about the Raptors. They say it all the time we aren't scared of anyone. they believe they can play and beat anyone. Over confident? probably but they sure don't fear the Nets.

You will see for your self

nba_4_life
04-18-2014, 05:53 PM
Well, payoff experience is only one factor. Using only that to guarantee a nets series win is crazy. Using the Memphis vs San Antonio series in the 2011 playoff as an example: The spurs were the better team, way more playoff experience, the best head coach , multiple championship and on top of that they also had home court advantage. With all of that they still lost the series in 6. So I don't know why you are discrediting the Raptors and saying the playoff experience of the Nets is the reason why they are winning the series.

DoMeFavors
04-18-2014, 06:03 PM
Well, payoff experience is only one factor. Using only that to guarantee a nets series win is crazy. Using the Memphis vs San Antonio series in the 2011 playoff as an example: The spurs were the better team, way more playoff experience, the best head coach , multiple championship and on top of that they also had home court advantage. With all of that they still lost the series in 6. So I don't know why you are discrediting the Raptors and saying the playoff experience of the Nets is the reason why they are winning the series.

That team had experienced vets, Zach Randolph,Tony Allen,Shane Battier. Please tell me who in raptors rotation is a voice that can help gear the raptors into the right direction? Please tell me who in the rotation has been in close playoff battles or important games in their career?

Guppyfighter
04-18-2014, 06:07 PM
It's basketball, not rocket science. All these guys have been playing their whole lives.

DoMeFavors
04-18-2014, 06:20 PM
You dont hear my say any certain Net will dominate, all I hear from Raptors fans is Kyle Lowry. If Lowry has a bad game how will raptors recover? who will step up.

MyDRoseLikeDeng
04-18-2014, 06:27 PM
Why do people still try to discuss hoops with DoMeFavors? just ignore him, eventually if you stop feeding the troll they will go away. With that being said, Raptors in 7.

nba_4_life
04-18-2014, 06:32 PM
That team had experienced vets, Zach Randolph,Tony Allen,Shane Battier. Please tell me who in raptors rotation is a voice that can help gear the raptors into the right direction? Please tell me who in the rotation has been in close playoff battles or important games in their career?
Lowry, Hayes, Salmon. The point is that Memphis team that won like 45 games in the regular season, was the 8th seed, had limited playoff experience beat the best team in the west.

DoMeFavors
04-18-2014, 06:41 PM
Lowry, Hayes, Salmon. The point is that Memphis team that won like 45 games in the regular season, was the 8th seed, had limited playoff experience beat the best team in the west.

the point im making is those 3 you just named cannot be compared to the ones I named.

nba_4_life
04-18-2014, 07:19 PM
the point im making is those 3 you just named cannot be compared to the ones I named.
Randolph can be compared to Lowry
Battier can be compared to Salmons (Salmons better offensive player, Battier better defender)
Chuck Hayes is a really good post defender, Allen is a really good wing defender, Both are bad offensive players, so some comparison can be made.

GodsSon
04-18-2014, 07:26 PM
The whole "playoff experience" argument is over-rated.

If you're a good team, you're a good team. If Ross and Val have good series', the Raps win in 6/7.

DoMeFavors
04-18-2014, 07:26 PM
Battier can be compared to Salmons (Salmons better offensive player, Battier better defender)
Chuck Hayes is a really good post defender, Allen is a really good wing defender, Both are bad offensive players, so some comparison can be made.

Battier is a better leader than John Salmons who hardly speaks, Battier was also a key to many good teams prior, while Salmons is a journey man. Hayes doesnt have a championship ring does he?
The 3 I named are more important to a team than the 3 you named. Although I will give you Zbo and Lowry being similar I guess.

ohreally
04-18-2014, 07:28 PM

Randolph can be compared to Lowry??????

nba_4_life
04-18-2014, 07:34 PM
Battier is a better leader than John Salmons who hardly speaks, Battier was also a key to many good teams prior, while Salmons is a journey man. Hayes doesnt have a championship ring does he?
The 3 I named are more important to a team than the 3 you named. Although I will give you Zbo and Lowry being similar I guess.
I agree Battier and Allen are more important than Salmons and Hayes and would choose them to build a team, but even with the three vets, it shouldn't be enough to beat the Spurs. So let me ask you this, why did Memphis win that series?

nba_4_life
04-18-2014, 07:34 PM
Randolph can be compared to Lowry??????
in terms of veteran leadership

DoMeFavors
04-18-2014, 07:37 PM
I agree Battier and Allen are more important than Salmons and Hayes and would choose them to build a team, but even with the three vets, it shouldn't be enough to beat the Spurs. So let me ask you this, why did Memphis win that series?

They were better, simply. And without Battier and Allen's experience and vet leadership I dont know if they would have won.

nba_4_life
04-18-2014, 08:12 PM
They were better, simply. And without Battier and Allen's experience and vet leadership I dont know if they would have won.
Going into that series a lot of analyst and basketball fan were saying that the Spurs will win in 4 or 5 because of the Spurs have more playoff experience, the better record, home court advantage, etc. and what happened, the spurs lost in 6. Now lets look at the nets and raptor series,The raptors are top 10 in both offense and defense in the NBA, the nets hold the best record in the new year, but the raptors record is really good in the new years as well ( I think the nets have 2 more wins than the Raptors), the raptors are a better road team than the nets, they split the 4 games they played with each other 2-2. You acknowledge these differences between the two teams, and the only thing you are focusing on is the fact the the nets have more playoff experience, which would magically give the nets the series win, I'm sorry but playoff experience is not that big of factor. The differences in the spurs and grizzlies series were way more than the difference between the raptors and the nets, so don't be surprise if the nets lose in the first round.

Now all I hope for is a competitive, fun series, and may the better team win.

DoMeFavors
04-18-2014, 08:19 PM
Going into that series a lot of analyst and basketball fan were saying that the Spurs will win in 4 or 5 because of the Spurs have more playoff experience, the better record, home court advantage, etc. and what happened, the spurs lost in 6. Now lets look at the nets and raptor series,The raptors are top 10 in both offense and defense in the NBA, the nets hold the best record in the new year, but the raptors record is really good in the new years as well ( I think the nets have 2 more wins than the Raptors), the raptors are a better road team than the nets, they split the 4 games they played with each other 2-2. You acknowledge these differences between the two teams, and the only thing you are focusing on is the fact the the nets have more playoff experience, which would magically give the nets the series win, I'm sorry but playoff experience is not that big of factor. The differences in the spurs and grizzlies series were way more than the difference between the raptors and the nets, so don't be surprise if the nets lose in the first round.

Now all I hope for is a competitive, fun series, and may the better team win.

me and you can make our cases but we dont play the game, tomorrow or when the series is over we will look back at our predictions.

Chill_Will_24
04-18-2014, 08:33 PM
That whole narrative of the Nets are washed up is silly to me. The stats suggest they are simply playing under reduced roles. They are all having some of their most efficient years

FriedTofuz
04-18-2014, 08:59 PM
I cant wait for DoMeFavors Excuse tmrw when the Raptors beat the Nets. Lmfao.

FriedTofuz
04-18-2014, 09:00 PM
It'll probably like "
1. refs
2. Pierce was just off
3. Garnett is getting back into shape
4. Jet Lag
5. Raptors just made shots

John Walls Era
04-18-2014, 09:01 PM
That whole narrative of the Nets are washed up is silly to me. The stats suggest they are simply playing under reduced roles. They are all having some of their most efficient years

LOL I guess people need more proof than KG sitting on the bench for half the season. Deron Williams looking like a shell of his former self, while getting outplayed by a PG who had his career ruined by a leg injury (no disrespect to Livingston--- who once had a very bright future).

John Walls Era
04-18-2014, 09:02 PM

I wouldn't get too cocky. I'm hoping Raptors win in 5. But if I had to bet real money, I would probably go safe and pick Nets.

BALLER R
04-18-2014, 09:15 PM
Nets lost 4 of their 5 games to end to season? Don't you think that might have an effect. Might of messed up the sync the Nets had.

DoMeFavors
04-18-2014, 09:18 PM

first of all that is one game in the series, that isnt winning a series. If and when the Nets win I wont go crazy on here, ill pick out the positives and negatives I saw because thats what I do. I am very smart when it comes to picking out what went right and what went wrong.

DoMeFavors
04-18-2014, 09:21 PM
Nets lost 4 of their 5 games to end to season? Don't you think that might have an effect. Might of messed up the sync the Nets had.

No I think they are mentally prepared for the playoffs and losing 4 of their last 5 games WHILE they rested their players wont bother them. They are a vet group. Like I said raptors havent made the playoffs in 6 years you seem to have forgot the ins and outs of the playoffs, the playoffs is an entire different ball game.

BALLER R
04-18-2014, 09:57 PM
Nets have more experience, Raptors gave better chemistry.

Chill_Will_24
04-18-2014, 10:28 PM

LOL I guess people need more proof than KG sitting on the bench for half the season. Deron Williams looking like a shell of his former self, while getting outplayed by a PG who had his career ruined by a leg injury (no disrespect to Livingston--- who once had a very bright future).

It's called minute plans and the Spurs do it for Timmy. The only real stretch where he missed time due to injury was during his back spasms and he said he could have played but they had the luxury to be cautious with the emergence of Plumlee. Their defense fell off without KG but they managed to win games without him. FYI he is 100% heading into the playoffs

Also Deron, Pierce, and Johnson are all having some of their most efficient years of their careers.

Also the stats say the Nets are better with Deron on the court than off. His assist numbers are down but so is his USG%. He doesn't dominate the ball as much with a small ball lineup and the Nets move the ball so yes his assist numbers will suffer but he still has to be respected

That is the main weapon the Nets have. They have no players you wanna leave open except maybe Livingston, Plumlee, and Kirilenko but all those guys are high iq players adept at the little things like cutting, passing, and other things that can hurt you.

mike_noodles
04-18-2014, 10:43 PM
I'm going Raps in 5. Homer pick. Gotta get it boys.

What's the Vegas line?

mike_noodles
04-18-2014, 10:50 PM
Nets are the favorites to win. Nets -160 / Raps +140

DoMeFavors
04-18-2014, 10:59 PM
This is what i expect to happen, Toronto will feel the nerves early, bricking shots. Nets will go up by 10 and raptors will close in a bit. Things will be physical and Raptors will back down. Nets dont look back and raptors look like deer in headlights. Thats usually what happends a teams and players first playoff series. They will be the young team who achieved a nice goal in regular season but look like the inferior team in playoffs. I think when Nets step towards them the raptors will flinch.

FriedTofuz
04-19-2014, 01:43 AM

:laugh: My thought as well. However, as someone who has made (and won) a sig-bet for life... I love it.

Nah Not too excited, just trying to fire up the fans in the belief. I dont mind sacrificing my account on here for a good cause. It'd help me be morep roductive with school if we lost. But all in all, I dont think I have too much reason to be worried.

This is what i expect to happen, Toronto will feel the nerves early, bricking shots. Nets will go up by 10 and raptors will close in a bit. Things will be physical and Raptors will back down. Nets dont look back and raptors look like deer in headlights. Thats usually what happends a teams and players first playoff series. They will be the young team who achieved a nice goal in regular season but look like the inferior team in playoffs. I think when Nets step towards them the raptors will flinch.

this is exactly why I can conclude why you dont know what theh ll you`re talking about. Let me enlighten you child,
The raptors are a hungry team and even when teams get up on them, THEY FIGHT BACK. They`re #1 in the league in 4th quarter points, they never back down and flinch away. Dude get your facts straight #bye

DoMeFavors
04-19-2014, 01:52 AM
Nah Not too excited, just trying to fire up the fans in the belief. I dont mind sacrificing my account on here for a good cause. It'd help me be morep roductive with school if we lost. But all in all, I dont think I have too much reason to be worried.

this is exactly why I can conclude why you dont know what theh ll you`re talking about. Let me enlighten you child,
The raptors are a hungry team and even when teams get up on them, THEY FIGHT BACK. They`re #1 in the league in 4th quarter points, they never back down and flinch away. Dude get your facts straight #bye

Arent raptors like 3-8 in games decided by 5 pts? Look at the players with rings on Nets then look at Raptors. Like I said 4th qrt points or whatever thats great, congrats. But this is the playoffs this isnt the regular season. Its a different ball game for the last time.

FriedTofuz
04-19-2014, 01:55 AM

Arent raptors like 3-8 in games decided by 5 pts? Look at the players with rings on Nets then look at Raptors. Like I said 4th qrt points or whatever thats great, congrats. But this is the playoffs this isnt the regular season. Its a different ball game for the last time.

You just contradicted yourself. Assuming that statistic from wherever you compiled it from is true, if the regular season is different than the playoffs, why exactly are you bringing it up? You have to understand those players who won rings were in their prime, not anymore.

BIG worm
04-19-2014, 02:00 AM
New Jersey in 7.....experience wins out in the end.

DoMeFavors
04-19-2014, 02:06 AM
You just contradicted yourself. Assuming that statistic from wherever you compiled it from is true, if the regular season is different than the playoffs, why exactly are you bringing it up? You have to understand those players who won rings were in their prime, not anymore.

I didnt contradict myself I was responding to your rubish. I didnt say it would hurt Toronto I was just responding to what you wrote, I didnt say anything about it after I stated a stat in regular season.

FriedTofuz
04-19-2014, 02:28 AM

I didnt contradict myself I was responding to your rubish. I didnt say it would hurt Toronto I was just responding to what you wrote, I didnt say anything about it after I stated a stat in regular season.

Yes you responded to what I wrote, but then followed up that statement by saying
" But this is the playoffs this isnt the regular season. Its a different ball game for the last time.

so if this is the playoffs why bring up a stat from the regular season to support your argument? Dude are you ****ing blind? Oh My.. we shall pray for this one.