PDA

View Full Version : What Do You Expect From Lebron James Next Season?

RocketLoc80
04-17-2014, 05:38 PM
It was kinda of an average to down year for Lebron he went through the motions ,lost the MVP to Durant and Miami isn`t the overall favorites going in the playoffs and it`s a likelyhood Miami will come up short this year because of Wade`s health up in the air and the supporting cast has fallen off. So do you think Lebron bounces back next year because he`ll be in his tenth season and it`s up in the air where he`ll be but do you think he can put up one more dominant season? Can he still compete for titles and can he squeeze another MVP?

mightybosstone
04-17-2014, 05:40 PM
:shrug:

Personally, I'd like to see how this postseason turns out before answering that question. Post this thread again after the playoffs when we have a bigger picture of where he and the Heat are at.

goingfor28
04-17-2014, 05:51 PM
Torn acl

Slade123
04-17-2014, 06:01 PM
Torn acl

Why would you wish injury on a player??? Are you that much of a hater?

PhillyFaninLA
04-17-2014, 06:05 PM
Torn acl

Dude that's messed up....why would you wish that evenly jokingly...not cool

goingfor28
04-17-2014, 06:10 PM
Oh relax I'm not serious. I don't like him but I don't actually wish for injury.

PhillyFaninLA
04-17-2014, 06:14 PM
Oh relax I'm not serious. I don't like him but I don't actually wish for injury.

You still thought the way you want to present yourself on this site is by making a comment about another human being having a serious injury...don't be mad, upset, or annoyed when you are judged by what you say, especially with something like that

dnl123
04-17-2014, 06:17 PM
I find it funny how 27ppg, 6.9 rpg, and 6.4apg on 56.7% shooting is a down year for him, not that you're wrong, but he is truly an amazing player. I'd expect similar numbers for the next couple seasons. I wouldn't be surprised if his minutes go down more next year though which would result in lower numbers.

goingfor28
04-17-2014, 06:19 PM
You still thought the way you want to present yourself on this site is by making a comment about another human being having a serious injury...don't be mad, upset, or annoyed when you are judged by what you say, especially with something like that

I'm not mad upset or annoyed. It's a sports forum. It was sarcasm.

Dade County
04-17-2014, 06:37 PM
If he's on the HEAT, I expect him to win another title.

If he joins another team, i expect him to lose to the HEAT in the Final's or conference final's.

ztilzer31
04-17-2014, 06:41 PM
It was kinda of an average to down year for Lebron he went through the motions ,lost the MVP to Durant and Miami isn`t the overall favorites going in the playoffs and it`s a likelyhood Miami will come up short this year because of Wade`s health up in the air and the supporting cast has fallen off. So do you think Lebron bounces back next year because he`ll be in his tenth season and it`s up in the air where he`ll be but do you think he can put up one more dominant season? Can he still compete for titles and can he squeeze another MVP?

Yes he will still do all. LBJ is still the best basketball player on the planet.

1-800-STFU
04-17-2014, 06:44 PM
Torn acl

KnicksorBust
04-17-2014, 06:48 PM
I find it funny how 27ppg, 6.9 rpg, and 6.4apg on 56.7% shooting is a down year for him, not that you're wrong, but he is truly an amazing player. I'd expect similar numbers for the next couple seasons. I wouldn't be surprised if his minutes go down more next year though which would result in lower numbers.

My second reaction to reading the thread...

:shrug:

Personally, I'd like to see how this postseason turns out before answering that question. Post this thread again after the playoffs when we have a bigger picture of where he and the Heat are at.

My first...

Why are we speculating on 6 months or a year from now when we literally JUST GOT the playoff brackets? I'd much rather see a thread/poll for each matchup then worry about what stats LeBron will put up in 2015 or what team will surprise people (when we don't even know the draft order).

P&GRealist
04-17-2014, 06:52 PM

If he joins another team, i expect him to lose to the HEAT in the Final's or conference final's.

Without a post-Laker Shaq or prime LeBron, the Heat would have never sniffed the finals.

P&GRealist
04-17-2014, 06:53 PM
Torn acl
Torn Achilles.

Beat that.

And no PSD, a torn Acl is not the same as a torn Achilles. Learn your anatomy you dumbasses

P&GRealist
04-17-2014, 06:56 PM
1800 STFU, that comment wasn't targeted towards you btw.

It was towards the low IQ general PSD population.

archdevil84
04-17-2014, 07:02 PM
hopefully more of the same from this season but with less turnovers. He's averaged a lot of them during this season and less assists aswel..

koreancabbage
04-17-2014, 07:42 PM

Heat would never make it into the Finals or conference Finals without Lebron unless the person replacing him is Durant

mngopher35
04-17-2014, 08:01 PM
Why have this thread now? It makes no sense when the post season hasn't even started.

Tony_Starks
04-17-2014, 08:25 PM
I expect 40 points 15 rebounds 11 assist a night..... IF he wants to.

NBA_Starter
04-17-2014, 08:40 PM
More like where will he be? #amirite

jerellh528
04-17-2014, 08:49 PM
Lbj might continue slowing down a bit, but actually I'm more excited to see what durant does next year to see if he can improve upon this one, considering he's not even in his prime yet.

bucketss
04-17-2014, 08:53 PM
Torn acl

you should see a therapist.

ILLUSIONIST^248
04-17-2014, 08:53 PM

He'll start to slow down, and in when his athleticism finally goes he'll drop of worse than wade. Lebron will only win one more ring max.

naps
04-17-2014, 09:02 PM
Continue to play like this another 5/6 years and win 2/3 more titles.

goingfor28
04-17-2014, 09:06 PM
you should see a therapist.

Thread is not what do you want to happen. It is what do you expect. You should learn to read.

bathroom_man
04-17-2014, 09:15 PM

dwayne will un-injured himself and carry the heat on his shoulders against lebron and whoever his team is

NBA_Starter
04-17-2014, 10:24 PM
Thread is not what do you want to happen. It is what do you expect. You should learn to read.

It wouldn't surprised me with he rash of injuries to others.

Hawkeye15
04-17-2014, 10:37 PM
Lbj might continue slowing down a bit, but actually I'm more excited to see what durant does next year to see if he can improve upon this one, considering he's not even in his prime yet.

Durant is 540 regular season games in. He is for sure in the early half of his prime.

People need to stop measuring age with prime talk. The players come in so much younger now.

The very thought of a 29 year old James starting to coast 20 years ago would have been insane. With the number of minutes Durant has played the last few years, and will the next few, his body will be older than his age in 3-4 years, just like James is.

Hawkeye15
04-17-2014, 10:38 PM
He'll start to slow down, and in when his athleticism finally goes he'll drop of worse than wade. Lebron will only win one more ring max.

height, shooting, and passing ability don't care about age, all of which LeBron dominates Wade in. So no, LeBron's decline will be much better.

ztilzer31
04-17-2014, 10:42 PM
Oh come on Illusionist also said that LBJ would never win a ring at one point. Then said he'd never win 2. At some point Ms. Cleo your LBJ predictions become stale.

Tony_Starks
04-17-2014, 10:45 PM
KD is only 7 seasons in. He can still get better and that is crazy. Plus his game is a mix between Kobe and Dirk (his favorite players) so it's built for longevity.

Hawkeye15
04-17-2014, 10:48 PM
KD is only 7 seasons in. He can still get better and that is crazy. Plus his game is a mix between Kobe and Dirk (his favorite players) so it's built for longevity.

not arguing that per say, I am simply saying, someone trying to say he isn't in his prime already is bull ****. He is over 590 games played into his NBA career, and has played a ton of minutes the last 4 years. His prime started before this season.

Now, what will his peak be? We shall see. But expecting this big leap from his current play is not a rational line of thinking.

How is LeBron's game not built for longevity? Impervious to injury, huge, can shoot, pass, and is one of the most skilled players we have seen.

We are basically seeing (though it sucks because they came in a handful of years apart), a Bird/Magic tandem on roids.

goingfor28
04-17-2014, 11:00 PM
not arguing that per say, I am simply saying, someone trying to say he isn't in his prime already is bull ****. He is over 590 games played into his NBA career, and has played a ton of minutes the last 4 years. His prime started before this season.

Now, what will his peak be? We shall see. But expecting this big leap from his current play is not a rational line of thinking.

How is LeBron's game not built for longevity? Impervious to injury, huge, can shoot, pass, and is one of the most skilled players we have seen.

We are basically seeing (though it sucks because they came in a handful of years apart), a Bird/Magic tandem on roids.

Durant is def not on roids haha

Hawkeye15
04-17-2014, 11:23 PM
Durant is def not on roids haha

all types! haha

Nah, I just mean, LeBron/Durant as probably going to go down as better, as a duo competing.

goingfor28
04-17-2014, 11:23 PM
all types! haha

Nah, I just mean, LeBron/Durant as probably going to go down as better, as a duo competing.

Lol I knew what u meant, and I agree, but kds body is not on the juice haha

Hawkeye15
04-17-2014, 11:42 PM
Lol I knew what u meant, and I agree, but kds body is not on the juice haha

if he is, his dealer sucks

FlashBolt
04-18-2014, 12:04 AM
I hate when people say Durant is only going to get better. How do you know? Fact is, he may or may not get better. He might have an off year. This might be his best year. LeBron on the other hand has been consistent for a decade. That level of consistency has merit. Durant is in his prime. Unless you're suggesting he can post 35, 8, 5 and with superb defense and accuracy.

Dade County
04-18-2014, 12:08 AM
Without a post-Laker Shaq or prime LeBron, the Heat would have never sniffed the finals.

With out a prime Shaq or a young Lbj the Lakers and Cav's would have not sniffed the Final's..

WTF is wrong with you...lmao

Dade County
04-18-2014, 12:15 AM
Heat would never make it into the Finals or conference Finals without Lebron unless the person replacing him is Durant

I don't believe that is true... I believe the Money that Lbj would free up, Pat would get some key pieces in here and the HEAT will roll in the east.

(You have to take into account that I am not fooled by the scripted events that happen through this season)

P&GRealist
04-18-2014, 12:26 AM
With out a prime Shaq or a young Lbj the Lakers and Cav's would have not sniffed the Final's..

WTF is wrong with you...lmao

The Lakers eventually did sniff the finals, three times as a matter of fact, without Shaq.

ILLUSIONIST^248
04-18-2014, 12:27 AM
Oh come on Illusionist also said that LBJ would never win a ring at one point. Then said he'd never win 2. At some point Ms. Cleo your LBJ predictions become stale.

Please show me those post, stop making **** up kiddo.

P&GRealist
04-18-2014, 12:27 AM
I don't believe that is true... I believe the Money that Lbj would free up, Pat would get some key pieces in here and the HEAT will roll in the east.

(You have to take into account that I am not fooled by the scripted events that happen through this season)

LeBron brought you guys back to relevancy after you guys traded Shaq to PHX

raiderposting
04-18-2014, 02:41 AM
Torn "A chilies"

jayjay33
04-18-2014, 06:38 AM
Father Time is undefeated.

Dade County
04-18-2014, 09:09 AM
The Lakers eventually did sniff the finals, three times as a matter of fact, without Shaq.

Come on man...of course I am talking about in that time period of Shaq's prime. The West was too good, for a young kobe & fillers to even get passed the 2nd rd or maybe even make teh playoffs (but of course I would have to factor in, that if Shaq wasn't there, his money would have went to another player(s).)

ewing
04-18-2014, 09:22 AM
LeBron will be very good next year

ewing
04-18-2014, 09:23 AM
where do you guys get these questions?

ztilzer31
04-18-2014, 09:30 AM
Please show me those post, stop making **** up kiddo.

Yeah sure dude lol. I don't need proof. Anyone who's seen you post 3 things knows it's true lol.

And no. I'm not going to go through your 1000's of useless posts and bad predictions to prove you're wrong about LBJ every year. Everyone knows who and what you are.

bathroom_man
04-18-2014, 09:31 AM
Come on man...of course I am talking about in that time period of Shaq's prime. The West was too good, for a young kobe & fillers to even get passed the 2nd rd or maybe even make teh playoffs (but of course I would have to factor in, that if Shaq wasn't there, his money would have went to another player(s).)

of course. colby was a nobody the first 2/3 yrs while lebron was amega star in his 2 yrs and didnt make the playoffs in a weak sauce east conference

mightybosstone
04-18-2014, 10:13 AM
As I've said previously, I think we should wait to make a judgment about Lebron's game and his future until after the playofffs. I could see scenarios where he leaves or stays with the Heat regardless of a Finals win or not. As for what his production will be, the guy will still be very, very, very good. His numbers this year were not as good, but they were right in line with what he's done over the last six year, so I see no reason to believe he won't still be prime Lebron James.

I've seen a couple of people mention his athleticism, but I don't see that leaving him anytime soon. Most guys lost their athleticism in their mid-30s or they lose it because of injuries. Lebron hasn't missed more than 8 games in a season in his entire career, so I think he'll be fine. I do think he'll have to rely less on his athleticism over the next few years, but that's why his developing a reliable 3-point shot and a post game earlier on were so important. I see no reason to believe why he couldn't average at least 25/6/6 for the 4-6 years.

ATX
04-18-2014, 10:30 AM
Torn "A chilies"

Haha, Wheel of Fortune reference? What a dumbass that guy was. Blew a million dollars and is supposedly an honors student...

ATX
04-18-2014, 10:32 AM
Yeah sure dude lol. I don't need proof. Anyone who's seen you post 3 things knows it's true lol.

And no. I'm not going to go through your 1000's of useless posts and bad predictions to prove you're wrong about LBJ every year. Everyone knows who and what you are.

He hasn't a clue. He lives in some alternate self dillusional reality.

ztilzer31
04-18-2014, 12:01 PM
He hasn't a clue. He lives in some alternate self dillusional reality.

Like I feel like even if the Heat won 10 chips in a row with LBJ Illusionst will still be here for that 11th season where they lose, and tell everyone he predicted that ****.

If Illusionist bet on Heat games he'd be homeless.

JasonJohnHorn
04-18-2014, 02:56 PM
It depends what team he's playing for.

raiderposting
04-18-2014, 05:40 PM
Haha, Wheel of Fortune reference? What a dumbass that guy was. Blew a million dollars and is supposedly an honors student...

Yeah lol that sucks

P&GRealist
04-18-2014, 05:49 PM
It depends what team he's playing for.

Dude, he's gonna be a Miami Heat next yr. 100% guaranteed.