PDA

View Full Version : Will the Refs Takeover the Nets vs Raptors Series?

ScottFromCanada
04-17-2014, 01:15 PM
Does anyone else think that the combination of the Raptors poor reffing history and Brooklyn being the NBA's only key to NY's market is going to make for one of the worst-reffed series in history? Or do you think the refs will actually play fair?

Goose17
04-17-2014, 01:16 PM
I don't think the NBA is rigged. So I think it will be reffed fair, room for human error must be allowed though, as always.

DoMeFavors
04-17-2014, 01:19 PM
Is this going to be the excuse once Nets win the series?

ScottFromCanada
04-17-2014, 01:20 PM

If that's the reason I'd imagine, If the nets just outplay them than no. Do the Nets ever have to deal with calls like this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7JFRnCZXWzk ?

Cal827
04-17-2014, 01:21 PM
:laugh: I've got a good feeling about this thread.

DoMeFavors
04-17-2014, 01:25 PM
This is just a really weird thread, why make this at all? If you had any doubt Raptors would win why would this thread be made? I see a lot of raptors fans already before the series even started making excuses. You wont get the refs but you will get playoff intensity something raptors players know zero about. There will be hard fouls, there would be fights there will be trash talk. Its part of the game.

D-Leethal
04-17-2014, 01:25 PM
The entire country of Canada is pretty big too, isn't it? Nobody cares about the Nets in NY, their market is still NJ.

king4day
04-17-2014, 01:29 PM
If that's the reason I'd imagine, If the nets just outplay them than no. Do the Nets ever have to deal with calls like this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7JFRnCZXWzk ?

That should have been a no call but there was actually a thread on that and many agreed that he was the cause of that contact. It's sticking your leg out.

ScottFromCanada
04-17-2014, 01:35 PM
That should have been a no call but there was actually a thread on that and many agreed that he was the cause of that contact. It's sticking your leg out.

He didn't throw his leg up intentionally or anything that's just how he shoots. It's impossible to keep your balance on a fade-away without putting your leg up somewhat and that's all he did.

Byronicle
04-17-2014, 01:38 PM
This is just a really weird thread, why make this at all? If you had any doubt Raptors would win why would this thread be made? I see a lot of raptors fans already before the series even started making excuses. You wont get the refs but you will get playoff intensity something raptors players know zero about. There will be hard fouls, there would be fights there will be trash talk. Its part of the game.

Don't be a hypocrite

The threads you make are worst than this

ScottFromCanada
04-17-2014, 01:40 PM
The entire country of Canada is pretty big too, isn't it? Nobody cares about the Nets in NY, their market is still NJ.

Yea but I don't know if all Canadians are loyal to the Raptors. I'm sure a lot of them are but a bunch of people on the west coast probably cheer for Portland or some other team.

Byronicle
04-17-2014, 01:41 PM

Lol you really don't know what you are talking about.

Geographically yes Canada is bigger. Population wise, no it is smaller.

Basketball plays 3rd fiddle in Canada after hockey and baseball. Maple Leafs not making the playoffs = Front page material. Raptors making the playoffs will still only be in the back of the newspaper.

You would be hard press to find a bar that plays Raptor games. Anywhere you go, you would have to request them to change the channel

ScottFromCanada
04-17-2014, 01:42 PM
Don't be a hypocrite

The threads you make are worst than this

Anyone who watches enough of the Raptors know that this is a realistic possibility. As a Raptors fan I fear the refs more than I fear Paul pierce lol.

KnicksorBust
04-17-2014, 01:43 PM
No. This series will not be decided by rigged calls. The better team will win.

DoMeFavors
04-17-2014, 01:49 PM
The nets players are battle tested, how faced trash talk, playoff hositle arenas everything. If you dont think that means anything you are wrong.

ScottFromCanada
04-17-2014, 01:50 PM

Basketball plays 3rd fiddle in Canada after hockey and baseball. Maple Leafs not making the playoffs = Front page material. Raptors making the playoffs will still only be in the back of the newspaper.

You would be hard press to find a bar that plays Raptor games. Anywhere you go, you would have to request them to change the channel

Canada has almost twice the population of the state of NY and with so many teams out of the playoffs in the NHL and the Raptors being in for the first time in forever he might have a point.

Cal827
04-17-2014, 01:51 PM

Didn't you blame the refs when Chicago got through the Nets last year?

But to answer the question, I think the better team will take this one decisively. It's not going to be like last time when Tim Donahgy reffed the final game of the Raptors-Nets series lol

ScottFromCanada
04-17-2014, 01:52 PM
The nets players are battle tested, how faced trash talk, playoff hositle arenas everything. If you dont think that means anything you are wrong.

it means something but they are also old as ****.

Avenged
04-17-2014, 01:52 PM
The excuse game starting early. I'm rooting for the Raps anyways.

Byronicle
04-17-2014, 02:00 PM
The excuse game starting early. I'm rooting for the Raps anyways.

To be fair, the games were Raptors played against the Nets were poorly officiated.

Raptors had the most NBA public apologies last year for blown calls as well, so the reasoning is fair.

Byronicle
04-17-2014, 02:02 PM
Canada has almost twice the population of the state of NY and with so many teams out of the playoffs in the NHL and the Raptors being in for the first time in forever he might have a point.

Omg...

Not everyone from Canada is a Raptor fan. The majority of Raptor fans are Torontonian. People from Vancouver and Edmonton are fans of West coast teams because of...geography. Look at some of the users here from Alberta and British Columbia. They are not fans of the Raptors

This is well known and you should know, you being Canadian.

KnicksorBust
04-17-2014, 02:05 PM
It actually irritates me that this thread exists. I get complaining about a bad call in the moment and after... but before? Come on.

Byronicle
04-17-2014, 02:07 PM
It actually irritates me that this thread exists. I get complaining about a bad call in the moment and after... but before? Come on.

The guy is clearly new here. 27 posts and he could be in highschool

You shouldn't be irritated when it is not surprising.

BALLER R
04-17-2014, 02:09 PM
Maybe but NBA is rigged it makes sense for the Raptors to win.

mike_noodles
04-17-2014, 02:11 PM

Not sure if serious.... Every bar I have been to has the Raps game on, no questions asked.

BALLER R
04-17-2014, 02:12 PM

That isn't true at all. Where do you live? you honestly sound like an idiot with this post.

Raps18-19 Champ
04-17-2014, 02:15 PM
Lol stop embarrassing yourself.

Chill_Will_24
04-17-2014, 02:29 PM

Yup they sell out their arena with only NJ fans that take the subway to Brooklyn

That's just crap Knicks fans say to make themselves feel better about their team being a pathetic failure

moneygman
04-17-2014, 02:30 PM

Not entirely true. Just because the Knicks are the most popular team doesn't mean no one cares about the Nets. Look at merchandise sales and attendance.

Chill_Will_24
04-17-2014, 02:32 PM

it means something but they are also old as ****.

So were all the teams that have won titles in recent memory as well as most of the teams that get to the Finals

Vets know how to win

mjt20mik
04-17-2014, 02:33 PM
Why is this thread up? lol

Cal827
04-17-2014, 02:42 PM
The funniest part about these threads is that both teams are likely to get murdered by the Heat if they advance to the second round lol

DoMeFavors
04-17-2014, 02:43 PM
The funniest part about these threads is that both teams are likely to get butt****ed by the Heat if they advance to the second round lol

Nets went 6-0 against the Heat including pre season. I doubt that happends

Cal827
04-17-2014, 02:49 PM

Pre-Season/Season pretty much means nothing anymore. If the Nets advance vs Toronto, then beat the Heat, I'll put a message in my sig saying "DoMeFavors knows all" and hold it there till the end of the playoffs.

D-Leethal
Yup they sell out their arena with only NJ fans that take the subway to Brooklyn

That's just crap Knicks fans say to make themselves feel better about their team being a pathetic failure

NJ fans and Brooklyn hipsters who like the jerseys and logos. No die hard, long time basketball fans in NY care about the Nets, nobody talks about them, they don't make headlines, they don't get press, they don't get crucified by the NY media - and there is a reason for that - because nobody cares about them enough to warrant it.

Knicks fans were saying this last year too - because its true.

koreancabbage

and you thought they were winning a championship the last few years.

Bulls were a better team a few years ago and swept the Heat in regular season. Heat in 5 probably, if Nets was going there.

Only reason why the Nets win this series is if the Raps play a different game than their usual top 10 defense and top 10 offense (and inexperience). and the play of the Nets veterans doing it right in crunch time

ScottFromCanada
04-17-2014, 02:53 PM
Omg...

Not everyone from Canada is a Raptor fan. The majority of Raptor fans are Torontonian. People from Vancouver and Edmonton are fans of West coast teams because of...geography. Look at some of the users here from Alberta and British Columbia. They are not fans of the Raptors

This is well known and you should know, you being Canadian.

Of course not everyone is a Raptors fan in Canada but there is still a very large fan base outside of Toronto/Ontario which you are completely underestimating. Raptors sold out exhibition games in both Vancouver and Montreal ,also, games do get put on in bars there. There's going to be a lot of band-wagoners too because most of the Canadian NHL teams didn't make the playoffs.

BALLER R
04-17-2014, 02:54 PM
Over or under 2 games before this series gets really chippy. I can see Jonas and KG getting into it already.

3Blueforyou
04-17-2014, 03:08 PM
Of course not everyone is a Raptors fan in Canada but there is still a very large fan base outside of Toronto/Ontario which you are completely underestimating. Raptors sold out exhibition games in both Vancouver and Montreal ,also, games do get put on in bars there. There's going to be a lot of band-wagoners too because most of the Canadian NHL teams didn't make the playoffs.

Almost 1/3 of Canada population lives along the Golden Horseshoe, sure there is interest in the raps outside this area. It's just not large, Ottawa and Montreal will have a bit of interest, and knowing some ppl in van they watch too. It's not a large population tho, the gta is the support of the raps.

As for the refs, this thread should not exists. Sure if you feel after the series this was the case make a thread. For now its baseless and just a stupid excuse.

The YouTube video provided would not open, I am assuming it was the offensive foul call on Lowry on the three vs okc. This should been a no call, Lowry was going through his normal shooting motion. Anyone who watches his play knows he has am odd angle for his hips and feet will shoot out like that on every shot.

Max.This
04-17-2014, 03:18 PM
After watching the HEAT play the last few years in the playoffs, the refs can absolutely screw a team over for personal gain.

Jays Claw
04-17-2014, 03:18 PM

:laugh2:

I'm sorry... you were being serious? I mean, I thought you were joking considering you brought up the ****ing preseason. Okay.. Okay.. seriously now - no. The Heat in the playoffs are another animal. I see them completing their 3-peat this season and no team (not even the old Nets) can stop them IMHO.

ManRam
04-17-2014, 03:19 PM
Let's get the excuses ready before we need 'em!!!!!

Complaining homerifically and incessantly about bad calls is one level of annoying. Complaining BEFORE the games are even played is on some whole other level of ****. Those people truly should just not watch. If you think it's that rigged, seriously...move on to some other sport.

D-Leethal
04-17-2014, 03:22 PM

Complaining homerifically and incessantly about bad calls is one level of annoying. Complaining BEFORE the games are even played is on some whole other level of ****. Those people truly should just not watch. If you think it's that rigged, seriously...move on to some other sport.

Agreed. Blaming the refs after a L is like blaming the Government because your poor and unsuccessful in life. Pure chump status.

JC_
04-17-2014, 03:22 PM
As for the refs, this thread should not exists. Sure if you feel after the series this was the case make a thread. For now its baseless and just a stupid excuse.

It's not baseless nor is it an excuse. It's a fair question to ask considering how many times the Raptors have gotten screwed in the past and the fact that Brooklyn is stacked with "stars". IMO it's better that people ask the question before the series starts so that the NBA realizes that people are expecting ****** refereeing.

Max.This
04-17-2014, 03:23 PM

To be honest not many die hard knicks fans actually go to knicks games anymore because it's just way too expensive. Half the arena is filled with tourists and are corporate giveaway tickets and I presume its the same way with Brooklyn because its just an attraction being in a brand new arena. I grew up in NJ, but have been a Knicks fan all my life and I assume there are probably New york residents who have grown up rooting for the Nets, however that arena doesnt sell out because of real fans

DoMeFavors
04-17-2014, 03:39 PM
NJ fans and Brooklyn hipsters who like the jerseys and logos. No die hard, long time basketball fans in NY care about the Nets, nobody talks about them, they don't make headlines, they don't get press, they don't get crucified by the NY media - and there is a reason for that - because nobody cares about them enough to warrant it.

What does press and what NY fans think about the Nets have anything to do with basketball?

DoMeFavors
04-17-2014, 03:42 PM
and you thought they were winning a championship the last few years.

Bulls were a better team a few years ago and swept the Heat in regular season. Heat in 5 probably, if Nets was going there.

Only reason why the Nets win this series is if the Raps play a different game than their usual top 10 defense and top 10 offense (and inexperience). and the play of the Nets veterans doing it right in crunch time

and this is probably the worst Heat team in Lebron era.

Chill_Will_24
04-17-2014, 04:00 PM

Die hard Knick fans don't support the Nets and nobody should expect them too. However the Nets do get talked about in NY and are now a NY team. don't speak for the entire state of NY when you clearly don't know a thing.

My grandparents are in Brooklyn and I can tell you for a fact from the corner stores and barber shops and every corner I chill at, the Nets matter to Brooklyn and them being the only NY basketball team in the playoffs matters.

You're speaking like the Nets are still in Jersey. The fact that the Nets are in the playoffs and the Knicks suck matters to NY. NY has never had a choice in basketball team EVER. Now as the pitiful Knicks wallow being losers a different NY team is in there making noise

If you think NY will not support them you are insane.

Saying Knick die hards and old school basketball fans will not support the Nets is no bold statement but if you think 60y olds and blue and orange blooded fans are the entire NY demographic you are clueless

The BROOKLYN Nets have never been in the playoffs while the Knicks are home. This is a first time ever so how can you speak for the entire NY state on something that has never happened?

ScottFromCanada
04-17-2014, 04:05 PM
Almost 1/3 of Canada population lives along the Golden Horseshoe, sure there is interest in the raps outside this area. It's just not large, Ottawa and Montreal will have a bit of interest, and knowing some ppl in van they watch too. It's not a large population tho, the gta is the support of the raps.

The YouTube video provided would not open, I am assuming it was the offensive foul call on Lowry on the three vs okc. This should been a no call, Lowry was going through his normal shooting motion. Anyone who watches his play knows he has am odd angle for his hips and feet will shoot out like that on every shot.

I put it up before the series because I know that there are a lot of people who feel this might happen. I think it's way better for arguments sake to put it up before it happens because people will keep an eye out for it while watching the games.

Byronicle
04-17-2014, 04:05 PM
Not sure if serious.... Every bar I have been to has the Raps game on, no questions asked.

Don't be anecdotal when the evidence is there and has been complained about for years and years.

That isn't true at all. Where do you live? you honestly sound like an idiot with this post
Maybe but NBA is rigged it makes sense for the Raptors to win.

It would be idiotic if what I said was false. It would be more idiotic if someone responded without doing some proper research.

Fact #1: New Jersey has more than doubled the combined population of Toronto and the surrounding GTA

Fact #2 Raptors do not get equal media coverage, in particular from TSN and Sportsnet. I guess you do not read the newspaper then
http://www.thestar.com/sports/raptors/2014/04/07/raptors_fans_demand_more_better_tv_coverage_tired_ of_taking_backseat_to_maple_leafs.html

Fact #3 Time and time again PSD users here have complained about the lack of coverage. You are here routinely, you should no...oh wait this is PSD, the land of premature reasonings!

It's hard to take you seriously if in the same thread you believe the league is rigged which is the biggest cop out excuse there is.

ScottFromCanada
04-17-2014, 04:08 PM

You have to be a Raptors fan or watch a lot of their games to understand. Raptors have had the most league issued apologies for bad calls. This is not an opinion it's a fact Raptors get screwed more than any other team.

ScottFromCanada
04-17-2014, 04:09 PM
and this is probably the worst Heat team in Lebron era.

Worse than the one who lost to Dallas?

Chill_Will_24
04-17-2014, 04:15 PM

To be honest not many die hard knicks fans actually go to knicks games anymore because it's just way too expensive. Half the arena is filled with tourists and are corporate giveaway tickets and I presume its the same way with Brooklyn because its just an attraction being in a brand new arena. I grew up in NJ, but have been a Knicks fan all my life and I assume there are probably New york residents who have grown up rooting for the Nets, however that arena doesnt sell out because of real fans

Oh Jesus you can say that about any team.

So you are implying that 18000 people that fill the arena for Nets games are mostly NJ people and corporate ticket giveaway winners?

Gimme a break.

I feel like Knicks fans are so down on how pathetic the Knicks are that they are now resorting to their last shred of dignity by making largely unsubstantiated claims about Nets being irrelevant in NY lol like that will make them feel better about how bad the Knicks suck somehow.

For every Knicks fan that claims NY doesn't care I can claim many NY ppl I have spoken with that admit they will and do support the Nets or both teams... yes even Knicks fans.. but of course forum Knicks fans would say those aren't "real Knicks fans"

Your grip on NY is slipping Knicks. Pretty soon all you will have is the 70yr old basketball purists. New generations of fans are growing up and like it or not those fans are growing up on JayZ and the Brooklyn Nets

jakedajewler
04-17-2014, 04:24 PM
This is a horrible result for the raptors this the ref'in will but a disgrace, raps will have to whip the nets and the refs in order to win this series

3Blueforyou
04-17-2014, 04:25 PM
I put it up before the series because I know that there are a lot of people who feel this might happen. I think it's way better for arguments sake to put it up before it happens because people will keep an eye out for it while watching the games.

So what your saying is your just letting everyone know that your aligning your excuses. This has been the best our team has ever been, we are young and a team that has a lot of experience to be gained. Don't bring the ducking bull**** leafs mentality to this team. Let the series play out and we can discuss it after. Don't give raps fans a bad name trying to align out excuses before they happen.

Cal827
04-17-2014, 04:33 PM
^ Lets not get ahead of ourselves ladies and gentlemen. For whoever wins, they get the pleasure of dealing with a team that has a ton of experience; the defending champion Miami Heat (most likely).

D-Leethal
04-17-2014, 04:34 PM
What does press and what NY fans think about the Nets have anything to do with basketball?

It has to do with the refs favoring the Nets to get a piece of the "NY Market" - which was the purpose of this thread. Nets represent a 12 foot Boston Whaler in the Atlantic Ocean that is the NY basketball market.

D-Leethal
04-17-2014, 04:37 PM

So you are implying that 18000 people that fill the arena for Nets games are mostly NJ people and corporate ticket giveaway winners?

Gimme a break.

I feel like Knicks fans are so down on how pathetic the Knicks are that they are now resorting to their last shred of dignity by making largely unsubstantiated claims about Nets being irrelevant in NY lol like that will make them feel better about how bad the Knicks suck somehow.

For every Knicks fan that claims NY doesn't care I can claim many NY ppl I have spoken with that admit they will and do support the Nets or both teams... yes even Knicks fans.. but of course forum Knicks fans would say those aren't "real Knicks fans"

Your grip on NY is slipping Knicks. Pretty soon all you will have is the 70yr old basketball purists. New generations of fans are growing up and like it or not those fans are growing up on JayZ and the Brooklyn Nets

Your acting like we just started saying this yesterday or something. We said this last year when we finished with a better record, went deeper in the playoffs and you guys were getting embarrassed by Chicago's D-League team. This isn't "grasping at straws" cause we sucked this year, we said this when we were better than you, and we continue to say it now that your better than us.

Knicks grip ON NY is not even remotely slipping. We might get more attention when we suck than we do when we win.

Leach11
04-17-2014, 04:39 PM

So that explains why Raptors playoff tickets are THE most expensive tickets of any NBA team this year...got it

Chill_Will_24
04-17-2014, 04:50 PM

Gimme a break.

Your acting like we just started saying this yesterday or something. We said this last year when we finished with a better record, went deeper in the playoffs and you guys were getting embarrassed by Chicago's D-League team. This isn't "grasping at straws" cause we sucked this year, we said this when we were better than you, and we continue to say it now that your better than us.

Knicks grip ON NY is not even remotely slipping. We might get more attention when we suck than we do when we win.

Please address what I posted and come at me with something substantial otherwise bow out gracefully and sthu

Your response does not address any of my points. How the hell does the opinion of a few hundred forum die hard Knicks fans represent the opinions of the entire state of NY and the Tri State Area?

You say the Knicks are talked about but all the NY sports talk hosts are talking about the Nets. Sure you have old farts like Francesa that are stuck in the 70's and refuse to cover the Nets much but generally speaking the NY media is embracing the Nets and once the novelty of Phil Jackson wears off through the playoffs it will only get better for Brooklyn

mike_noodles
04-17-2014, 04:52 PM
I actually think quite the opposite of the OP. I think if anything the NBA NEEDS the Raptors to be successful. They want to expand to Europe at some point and it would be a big boost to that plan if the only team outside of the US was successful. Let's just hope that the refs don't influence the series one way or the other, and the better team really wins.

ScottFromCanada
04-17-2014, 05:32 PM
I actually think quite the opposite of the OP. I think if anything the NBA NEEDS the Raptors to be successful. They want to expand to Europe at some point and it would be a big boost to that plan if the only team outside of the US was successful. Let's just hope that the refs don't influence the series one way or the other, and the better team really wins.

They should first think about expanding in Canada first before they go to Europe. Places like Charlotte and Sacramento shouldn't have teams when Vancouver and Montreal don't.

randyorton33
04-17-2014, 05:42 PM
Probably the NBA is super rigged.

3Blueforyou
04-17-2014, 05:46 PM
They should first think about expanding in Canada first before they go to Europe. Places like Charlotte and Sacramento shouldn't have teams when Vancouver and Montreal don't.

Maybe and just maybe Vancouver again, mtl I don't think would support a team. If you think the loyalty to hockey hurts the leafs, imagine only 2millon with less interest in the game.

king4day
04-17-2014, 07:29 PM
How did/would Toronto matchup with the Heat if they advance?

Jets012
04-17-2014, 08:02 PM
This thread sucks, just like the NBA forum which is completely unbearable. You have DMF running along, a dumb Knicks fan adding virtually nothing to the thread, and dumb Nets fans who feel the need to respond to him.

Just to keep this useless thread on topic, no the refs will not play a factor

N.Carolina King
04-17-2014, 08:55 PM

The Charlotte franchise has BOOMED recently and probably has more fans now than it ever did.....mix that with the renaming back to the hornets and making the playoffs.....Charlotte is on the verge of being more popular than it was in the 90s with Larry johnson, bouges, and zo..

Charlotte deserves a franchise more than alot of other teams

ScottFromCanada
04-17-2014, 09:51 PM
Maybe and just maybe Vancouver again, mtl I don't think would support a team. If you think the loyalty to hockey hurts the leafs, imagine only 2millon with less interest in the game.

Disagree with that, I think Montreal would actually be a better market than Vancouver. Montreal has sold out two exhibition games with 22,000 people when the Raptors played there and Quebec is currently producing more basketball talent than any other province outside of Ontario.

NBA_Starter
04-17-2014, 09:52 PM
I sure hope not!

ScottFromCanada
04-17-2014, 09:56 PM
The Charlotte franchise has BOOMED recently and probably has more fans now than it ever did.....mix that with the renaming back to the hornets and making the playoffs.....Charlotte is on the verge of being more popular than it was in the 90s with Larry johnson, bouges, and zo..

Charlotte deserves a franchise more than alot of other teams

They are only averaging like 15,500 fans and they're in the playoffs that's pretty bad. The only playoff team that's worse in terms of attendance is Atlanta at 14,300 fans.

ScottFromCanada
04-17-2014, 10:03 PM
Back on topic- I got Raptors winning this series if game is called fairly. The only guy Raptors have to worry about is Pierce because they don't have anyone who matches up with him well except maybe Fields (who won't get played). Joe Johnson and Williams haven't played like all-stars in years and Garnett is washed up.

0nekhmer
04-17-2014, 10:17 PM
I doubt the nets will get favorable calls. Both teams have a star in Johnson, Demar and arguably Lowry. The hype is a lot bigger in t.o also, not being in the playoffs in 6 years, plus raps ticket prices are the highest in the NBA, so you'd think silver would be happy to cash in on that

3Blueforyou
04-17-2014, 10:43 PM
Disagree with that, I think Montreal would actually be a better market than Vancouver. Montreal has sold out two exhibition games with 22,000 people when the Raptors played there and Quebec is currently producing more basketball talent than any other province outside of Ontario.

Because its the only other province with a large population, Ontario has like 12mill Quebec with 8 then I don't even know if bc has 4. It sheer numbers, Montreal would fail horribly with a team.

T.O-Fan-2014
04-17-2014, 10:59 PM
i've watched probebly 60 raptors games this season and lowry gets no calls i'd say 3 out of 5 calls that should be 5 out of 5..he made a 3 pointer in a very close game and he got called for the foul...worst call i've ever witnessed as an nba fan. maybe you guys should search it up..demar derozon is also not getting enough calls...this thread makes sense to me as a raptors fan. on the other side the nets players have been in this league for so long and they just know how to work the refs and sell calls thats just the way it is with experience.the players sell it and sometimes refs have no option to make the calls as they are quick and everyone kind off expects them so if i was the raptors i would be worried but i believe the better team will win this series. i dont know who will win because raptors have not been there with this young group and i cant predict because i just havent seen it as for broklyn they are old but they have been through it. but i believe this series will be decided on whos better: Kyle lowry or deron williams. also a factor would be to run for the raptors agains old guys like garnet peirce kirlinko johnson....so if raptors get disadvantage in calls than take advantage and run and gun.

ScottFromCanada
04-17-2014, 11:06 PM
Because its the only other province with a large population, Ontario has like 12mill Quebec with 8 then I don't even know if bc has 4. It sheer numbers, Montreal would fail horribly with a team.

Why would a multicultural city with 4.25 million people and a fast growing basketball scene fail miserably? Don't forget that Montreal was able to support the MLB for 30+ years before their stadium started falling apart and their ownership destroyed the franchise (MLB is the hardest league for a city to support).

ScottFromCanada
04-17-2014, 11:12 PM
I doubt the nets will get favorable calls. Both teams have a star in Johnson, Demar and arguably Lowry. The hype is a lot bigger in t.o also, not being in the playoffs in 6 years, plus raps ticket prices are the highest in the NBA, so you'd think silver would be happy to cash in on that

Kyle Lowry is more of a star than both of those guys. He only didn't make it because he's got an attitude problem and some coaches hate him for it. Also, Joe Johnson didn't even deserve to be an all star either. The Nets do have some guys who can play but I wouldn't call any of them All-stars.

DoMeFavors
04-17-2014, 11:27 PM
Kyle Lowry is more of a star than both of those guys. He only didn't make it because he's got an attitude problem and some coaches hate him for it. Also, Joe Johnson didn't even deserve to be an all star either. The Nets do have some guys who can play but I wouldn't call any of them All-stars.

how did Joe not deserve to make it? based on what exactly?

shep33
04-17-2014, 11:38 PM
I think John Salmons will take over this series

DoMeFavors
04-17-2014, 11:42 PM
I think John Salmons will take over this series

he's been washed up for yrs

ScottFromCanada
04-17-2014, 11:57 PM
how did Joe not deserve to make it? based on what exactly?

Because he was the last guy selected and there were better players left off (Lowry). Lowry completely outplayed Joe Johnson this season and the only reason Johnson made it was because of Lowry's bad reputation. Only guy on the Nets who deserves to be on the All-star team is out with a season ending injury.

DoMeFavors
04-18-2014, 12:03 AM
Because he was the last guy selected and there were better players left off (Lowry). Lowry completely outplayed Joe Johnson this season and the only reason Johnson made it was because of Lowry's bad reputation. Only guy on the Nets who deserves to be on the All-star team is out with a season ending injury.

Last guy selected? says who? Lowrys FG% are not all star worthy, I like Lowry and all that but he shouldnt have been an all star. Lance Stephenson should have and Hibbert shouldnt have. Joe carried the nets on his back in Jan and had 2 buzzer beater wins. He also shoots more efficent than Lowry.

ScottFromCanada
04-18-2014, 12:36 AM
Last guy selected? says who? Lowrys FG% are not all star worthy, I like Lowry and all that but he shouldnt have been an all star. Lance Stephenson should have and Hibbert shouldnt have. Joe carried the nets on his back in Jan and had 2 buzzer beater wins. He also shoots more efficent than Lowry.

Lowry has better numbers than Johnson in Pts/Ast/Stl/Blk/Rebs(8 inches smaller BTW)/PER. The only thing Johnson has going for him is Fg% and 3pt% and that can be expected since he's way taller.

DoMeFavors
04-18-2014, 12:49 AM
Lowry has better numbers than Johnson in Pts/Ast/Stl/Blk/Rebs(8 inches smaller BTW)/PER. The only thing Johnson has going for him is Fg% and 3pt% and that can be expected since he's way taller.

who cares? lowry gets to put up more shots and gets the ball more. that means nothing. If Joe wasnt an all star he wouldnt be voted an all star.

BALLER R
04-18-2014, 12:50 AM
smh at net fans. Joe Johnson isn't better than Lowry.

Chill_Will_24
04-18-2014, 01:04 AM

Yes he is. If we ignore contracts Joe Johnson is far and away a superior player in pretty much every way and a player most teams would want on their team more so than Lowry imo

Severely overpaid as he is, he still the clutchest player in the game and can bully most guards inside easily and is a good shooter that has playoff experience and is never rattled.

Lowry is a hot headed player who seems to always be upset and complaining about something.

I think the Nets are gonna have too much of a psychological advantage vs the young boys and they are too talented 1-10. People think guys like Pierce, KG, Johnson, and Kirilenko have regressed cuz of their stats but that is because they all have reduced roles. They have weapons everywhere on the court.

Btw I still think Deron is a better PG than Kyle Lowry. And of course I think JJ and Pierce are better than Ross and Demar.

DoMeFavors
04-18-2014, 01:07 AM

Joe is unguardable in the post, he knows how to pass out of it. And can shoot the 3. Lowry was playing behind Calderon last yr, Dont remember Joe playing behind anyone lately.

BHF
04-18-2014, 01:12 AM
Yes he is. If we ignore contracts Joe Johnson is far and away a superior player in pretty much every way and a player most teams would want on their team more so than Lowry imo

Severely overpaid as he is, he still the clutchest player in the game and can bully most guards inside easily and is a good shooter that has playoff experience and is never rattled.

Lowry is a hot headed player who seems to always be upset and complaining about something.

I think the Nets are gonna have too much of a psychological advantage vs the young boys and they are too talented 1-10. People think guys like Pierce, KG, Johnson, and Kirilenko have regressed cuz of their stats but that is because they all have reduced roles. They have weapons everywhere on the court.

Btw I still think Deron is a better PG than Kyle Lowry. And of course I think JJ and Pierce are better than Ross and Demar.

:facepalm: you don't know anything about Lowry LOL

DoMeFavors
04-18-2014, 01:13 AM

7 time all star vs zero time all star career backup pg.

EvanTurner
04-18-2014, 01:21 AM

Absolutely one of the worst calls i ever seen. If that ref didnt get susPnded after that then its proof the league can and will fix games.! They did it during a toronto game just to see if they could get away with it lol.

BALLER R
04-18-2014, 01:30 AM
Keep it coming I love it. Raptors suck keep saying it. You better hope your Nets win this series. Experience or not Raptors can ball.

BTW they play defense.

Chill_Will_24
04-18-2014, 01:34 AM

I know every time I watch him he is whining to a ref about something. He seems to play out of control at times and loves playing hero ball.
Meanwhile for these washed up Nets look at the advanced stats for Pierce and Johnson and even Deron. Their shooting numbers and efficiency are some of the best of their careers all while having less per game averages.

What this means is they have actually not regressed at all and are just settling into lesser roles. At any moment one of those 3 guys could take over a game and have done so. The Raps can't cover everyone. The Nets cause too many mismatches and force double teams. Someone will be open

Meanwhile guys like Livingston, Garnett, and Kirilenko do all the garbage work and little things and impact the games in ways you can't measure.

So go ahead and call this team old and busted and washed up and whatever if you want but the stats disagree and suggest these guys are all having some of their most productive seasons under lesser roles and when you account for their putrid first half there is no telling how good this Brooklyn team really is.

There is a reason the Heat struggled in close games vs the Nets. The Nets didn't beat them by bombarding them with 3s like the Knicks did or by riding a superstar and elite defensive players like the Bulls. They beat the Heat with a balanced attack. We have too many weapons for most teams to deal with let alone a young squad like the Raps

Chill_Will_24
04-18-2014, 01:40 AM
Keep it coming I love it. Raptors suck keep saying it. You better hope your Nets win this series. Experience or not Raptors can ball.

BTW they play defense.

It's all about matchups. You guys have a decent defense on the surface but you haven't faced the Nets all season. How do you defend against so many players that can put pressure on your defense and take over?

We haven't even seen this Nets team hit it's stride yet cuz they have been periodically resting players and always seemed to have one or two guys missing.

Going into the playoffs they are fully healthy and rested. KG and Kirilenko and Pierce have all had minute plans and now our roster is all healthy which was our focus

Chill_Will_24
04-18-2014, 01:42 AM
Btw I never said the Raps suck. Just that I see this as a short series for the Nets. The Raptors aren't bad. It's just I think the Nets are a lot better

DoMeFavors
04-18-2014, 01:45 AM
I just hope Nets will finish the raptors before Heat finish bobcats, ask LeBron and Wade and the heat they are already preparing for the Nets. They know exactly who is winning this series.

FriedTofuz
04-18-2014, 05:54 AM
I just hope Nets will finish the raptors before Heat finish bobcats, ask LeBron and Wade and the heat they are already preparing for the Nets. They know exactly who is winning this series.

when the nets lose, I'm going to post a thread with every BS post you said just to point out how " productive" the same garbage you say is on a regular basis.

FriedTofuz
04-18-2014, 05:58 AM
Do me Favors is the most idiotic net fan I've ever seen, He's the most biased person on this forum and legitimately argues everything in favor of the nets and their players. His rebuttles are ignorant and when he has nothing to reply with, he asks another question on top of a question and says " so what'

If you think Joe Johnson is better than Lowry, please get your head out of your *** and watch the game.

Kenny Powders
04-18-2014, 06:56 AM

I didn't know you were so close to Lebron and Wade. Were you giving them rim jobs this morning?

mike_noodles
04-18-2014, 08:56 AM
Don't be anecdotal when the evidence is there and has been complained about for years and years.

It would be idiotic if what I said was false. It would be more idiotic if someone responded without doing some proper research.

Fact #1: New Jersey has more than doubled the combined population of Toronto and the surrounding GTA

Fact #2 Raptors do not get equal media coverage, in particular from TSN and Sportsnet. I guess you do not read the newspaper then
http://www.thestar.com/sports/raptors/2014/04/07/raptors_fans_demand_more_better_tv_coverage_tired_ of_taking_backseat_to_maple_leafs.html

Fact #3 Time and time again PSD users here have complained about the lack of coverage. You are here routinely, you should no...oh wait this is PSD, the land of premature reasonings!

It's hard to take you seriously if in the same thread you believe the league is rigged which is the biggest cop out excuse there is.

I'm not being anecdotal. I've been to see about 10 games at the bar in the past couple of seasons and we've literally never had to ask them to put it on. Sure it's not on the main screen, but it's on. You would think when the place has 10+ tv's that it wouldn't be an issue. Now, I'm not in Toronto, more towards the K-W area but that shouldn't matter. I've also never cross referenced the tv schedule for the night to know what other sports are on that night.

As for actual media coverage, you absolutely will not get an argument from me on that. I am not a hockey fan and watching/listening/reading the media is ridiculous. I would guess it to be 75% Leafs, 10% other NHL, 5% Raps, 5% Jays and the last 5% split between things like MLS, CFL and CIS.

koreancabbage
04-18-2014, 10:36 AM
7 time all star vs zero time all star career backup pg.

but at this point in at time

Lowry > Williams.

Williams is so overrated. Nets are overrated.

koreancabbage
04-18-2014, 10:38 AM
Do me Favors is the most idiotic net fan I've ever seen, He's the most biased person on this forum and legitimately argues everything in favor of the nets and their players. His rebuttles are ignorant and when he has nothing to reply with, he asks another question on top of a question and says " so what'

If you think Joe Johnson is better than Lowry, please get your head out of your *** and watch the game.

lol

too funny. you know DoMeFavors had a sig bet where he would leave PSD, in which he lost: he's still here. lol

DoMeFavors
04-18-2014, 10:58 AM
but at this point in at time

Lowry > Williams.

Williams is so overrated. Nets are overrated.

dude Deron is hurt, if he is fully healthy lowry isnt even close to his ability. Deron cant just score he can pass really well. easy to bring up someone who is hurt.

ManRam
04-18-2014, 11:11 AM
You have to be a Raptors fan or watch a lot of their games to understand. Raptors have had the most league issued apologies for bad calls. This is not an opinion it's a fact Raptors get screwed more than any other team.

That's fair. But isn't apologizing insinuating that there's no pre-determined intent, i.e. "rigging"? I mean, bad calls happen and every year, or every week, or every game, a team might be on the wrong side of them more so than another. That doesn't mean it will always happen nor does it mean it's intentional. :shrug:

BALLER R
04-18-2014, 11:14 AM
I have no problem with people stating why their team will win. Just don't be so bias. I think Toronto will win but it won't be easy. Nets have match ups that worry me. But at the same time Raptors have their advantage.

Sure nets have guys that can score but so does Toronto. All everyone in the stats seem to know about the Raptors is Demar and Lowry. Any preview I read about or watch that's all they talk about. Which is a mistake.

Vasquez for example no one talks about. But over the past month he's hot from 3 pt line. Nets aren't the best team to defending shot up shooters. Look for Toronto to exploit that. If raptors win this series it will be because of their 3pt shooting. Net's can shoot it too. I give Toronto the advantage because they can defend it better. Nets can't.

Cal827
04-18-2014, 11:16 AM
dude Deron is hurt, if he is fully healthy lowry isnt even close to his ability. Deron cant just score he can pass really well. easy to bring up someone who is hurt.

I'm not gonna argue who is better, but if Deron is still hurt (is he still? Sorry, I don't follow the Nets a ton, so I'm not completely sure), wouldn't that worry you a little bit? Deron/Livingston would have to deal with Lowry/Vasquez, and having your starter injured in the PG duel could have severe consequences.

R. Johnson#3
04-18-2014, 11:26 AM

So I take it you've never been to Toronto or Canada?

DoMeFavors
04-18-2014, 11:43 AM
I have no problem with people stating why their team will win. Just don't be so bias. I think Toronto will win but it won't be easy. Nets have match ups that worry me. But at the same time Raptors have their advantage.

Sure nets have guys that can score but so does Toronto. All everyone in the stats seem to know about the Raptors is Demar and Lowry. Any preview I read about or watch that's all they talk about. Which is a mistake.

Vasquez for example no one talks about. But over the past month he's hot from 3 pt line. Nets aren't the best team to defending shot up shooters. Look for Toronto to exploit that. If raptors win this series it will be because of their 3pt shooting. Net's can shoot it too. I give Toronto the advantage because they can defend it better. Nets can't.

that is regular season ball that means nothing! playoffs is a totally different game. Now that your team is in the playoffs you need to understand that.

DoMeFavors
04-18-2014, 11:44 AM
I'm not gonna argue who is better, but if Deron is still hurt (is he still? Sorry, I don't follow the Nets a ton, so I'm not completely sure), wouldn't that worry you a little bit? Deron/Livingston would have to deal with Lowry/Vasquez, and having your starter injured in the PG duel could have severe consequences.

it doesnt because he has been injured all year, and the team isnt about one player. Thats what a team is.

koreancabbage
04-18-2014, 12:11 PM
anyone go to Nets website?

www.nets.com (http://www.nets.com)

ScottFromCanada
04-18-2014, 12:14 PM

Haha that's priceless.

DoMeFavors
04-18-2014, 12:19 PM

thats not the nets website that is a website that has Nets as the name.

smith&wesson
04-18-2014, 12:23 PM
the raps win this series in 6. Brooklyn will win two games at home when the refs take over, but in the end it wont matter because we have home court and clearly the better team

ScottFromCanada
04-18-2014, 12:25 PM
thats not the nets website that is a website that has Nets as the name.

You put in the team name followed by .com for almost every team it brings you to their site. Try raptors.com, Lakers.com, Heat.com, etc

FlashBolt
04-18-2014, 12:26 PM
I think Raptors might win, too. Might go the distance.

smith&wesson
04-18-2014, 12:26 PM
lmao d.will has been injured since he got to the nets ...

smith&wesson
04-18-2014, 12:28 PM
domefavs ill sig bet you on this series.

DoMeFavors
04-18-2014, 12:29 PM
the raps win this series in 6. Brooklyn will win two games at home when the refs take over, but in the end it wont matter because we have home court and clearly the better team

that means that in an elimination game, Raptors are beating Nets on Nets own home floor? you really think that will happen? But what if it goes to 7? Are the raptors going to feel the pressure of game 7 when most of the Nets players have been in game 7s? You dont understand playoff basketball.

jp611
04-18-2014, 12:31 PM
Is DMF putting his user name on the line again?

He did this last season and the Bulls won.

Cal827
04-18-2014, 12:31 PM
that is regular season ball that means nothing! playoffs is a totally different game. Now that your team is in the playoffs you need to understand that.

A few days ago, to refute my argument that Miami is going to beat down/murder whoever wins of the Nets/Raptors series, you noted that the Nets were 6-0 vs Miami this year and would win the series because of that lol (I understand the argument that the Nets would probably cause problems, but to say the would have the advantage over the defending champs? lol)

But anyways, cheers guys, I'll see everyone baiting each other tomorrow when the first game of the series starts :D

DoMeFavors
04-18-2014, 12:44 PM
A few days ago, to refute my argument that Miami is going to beat down/murder whoever wins of the Nets/Raptors series, you noted that the Nets were 6-0 vs Miami this year and would win the series because of that lol (I understand the argument that the Nets would probably cause problems, but to say the would have the advantage over the defending champs? lol)

But anyways, cheers guys, I'll see everyone baiting each other tomorrow when the first game of the series starts :D

and if you recall I said those games Nets had a playoff mindset, and the games were playoff like hard fouls and such. I wont say anything if Nets win I wont be surprised and I know they will win, I wont say I told you so because thats disrespectful. IF raptors won the series some how some way I would say congrats you proved me wrong.

smith&wesson
04-18-2014, 12:59 PM
that means that in an elimination game, Raptors are beating Nets on Nets own home floor? you really think that will happen? But what if it goes to 7? Are the raptors going to feel the pressure of game 7 when most of the Nets players have been in game 7s? You dont understand playoff basketball.

oh I understand playoff basketball.. father time has caught up with kg, lopez is out and your team relies on small ball.

experience is great and all but lets hope d.wills knees and ankles hold up chasing lowry all over the place, and kg's back holds up..

sig bet ? = )

dalton749
04-18-2014, 01:07 PM
its sad that the 3rd seed raptors arent even favourites against the 6th seed because Canada
everyone talks out the nets being good since some random date in the season that means nothing, but the raptors who have been the best in the east since the trade, a legitimate date to go by is irrelevant

DoMeFavors
04-18-2014, 01:07 PM
oh I understand playoff basketball.. father time has caught up with kg, lopez is out and your team relies on small ball.

experience is great and all but lets hope d.wills knees and ankles hold up chasing lowry all over the place, and kg's back holds up..

sig bet ? = )

Is KG nets only player? just wondering... his defense is still dominate.
And no, I dont do sig bets they are childish.

Sly Guy
04-18-2014, 01:12 PM
Is KG nets only player? just wondering... his defense is still dominate.
And no, I dont do sig bets they are childish.

because you're likely to lose them all?

Man, even if I wasn't a raps fan, I'd want them to win just to shut you up, and be rid of you until november.

koreancabbage
04-18-2014, 01:15 PM

Man, even if I wasn't a raps fan, I'd want them to win just to shut you up, and be rid of you until november.

thats because he lost all his sig bets. only a loser would say that. lol

Ebbs
04-18-2014, 01:15 PM

Lolll. Battle tested ok.. These are all NBA players, they've all dealt with trash talk, they've all played in fvdetu arena. Save me your shotty analysis

DoMeFavors
04-18-2014, 01:17 PM

thats great, me and the Nets dont care who roots for or against us. Im a confident guy very confident, I dont expect failure because then you are accustomed to it. I think every yr is our yr, Nets can be blown out 3 straight games in a series to go down 3-0 and I still 100% think they are coming back. Maybe ill just have to fly into Toronto and get a ticket to a game 5. (if it lasts that long)

Sly Guy
04-18-2014, 01:22 PM
thats great, me and the Nets dont care who roots for or against us. Im a confident guy very confident, I dont expect failure because then you are accustomed to it. I think every yr is our yr, Nets can be blown out 3 straight games in a series to go down 3-0 and I still 100% think they are coming back. Maybe ill just have to fly into Toronto and get a ticket to a game 5. (if it lasts that long)

every year is 'your year', maybe you should take a cue from history and learn from it

koreancabbage
04-18-2014, 01:26 PM

na, stay in Brooklyn. i'm flying down for game 4 to watch my Raps sweep the Nets. i'm bringing a broom with me too.

ya, i'm confident too.

DoMeFavors
04-18-2014, 01:39 PM
na, stay in Brooklyn. i'm flying down for game 4 to watch my Raps sweep the Nets. i'm bringing a broom with me too.

ya, i'm confident too.

Bring that broom, its going to be similar to wizard of oz. We are going to bring the house down on your raptors and crush you guys and the broom.

BHF
04-18-2014, 01:47 PM

not to long ago you said you are a girl?

ScottFromCanada
04-18-2014, 01:53 PM
its sad that the 3rd seed raptors arent even favourites against the 6th seed because Canada
everyone talks out the nets being good since some random date in the season that means nothing, but the raptors who have been the best in the east since the trade, a legitimate date to go by is irrelevant

It's not because they're in Canada it's because they have no playoff experience whereas the Nets have a ton (including several champion players). If the Raptors were located in Milwaukee or some where like that people would still have Nets over them just because the Raps are unproven.

ScottFromCanada
04-18-2014, 01:56 PM

That's the most expensive ticket in the league so good luck with that (I'm betting they're already sold out in advance anyways).

DoMeFavors
04-18-2014, 02:04 PM
That's the most expensive ticket in the league so good luck with that (I'm betting they're already sold out in advance anyways).

cool then i guess ill just try stubhub

mjt20mik
04-18-2014, 02:06 PM

Having homes in both places, it is probably best to stay in BK. Much, much more economical.

DoMeFavors
04-18-2014, 02:10 PM
Having homes in both places, it is probably best to stay in BK. Much, much more economical.

im a die hard, I can use my hard earned pay on whatever I please.

mjt20mik
04-18-2014, 02:12 PM
im a die hard, I can use my hard earned pay on whatever I please.

Yes you can.

koreancabbage
04-18-2014, 02:14 PM
from national post:

Statement: Kyle Lowry is the best player in this series
True, False or Slight Exaggeration: True
Kevin Garnett, Paul Pierce, Joe Johnson, Deron Williams and Andrei Kirilenko have made 36 all-star teams between them. That gives them a 35-appearance advantage over the Raptors — DeMar DeRozan, representing. Yet, noted zero-time all-star, Lowry, is the series’ best player. Since the Rudy Gay trade, Lowry ranks fifth in the league among guards in nba.com’s PIE statistic — an estimate of overall contributions. He finished eighth in the league in total win shares, with a per-minute win-share rate far higher than any Nets star. He also finished with a higher player efficiency rating than any Nets player (save for the injured Brook Lopez). The Nets played in such a way that lightened the load on Williams, their top player, so it is a bit overstated. Still, Lowry should have been an all-star this year, and he is this series’ best player.

ScottFromCanada
04-18-2014, 02:32 PM

How does stub hub work? is it just a site for people to resell their tickets or something?

DoMeFavors
04-18-2014, 02:38 PM
How does stub hub work? is it just a site for people to resell their tickets or something?

I just looked I dont know if they run through Canada. But yes that is the point. Im sure there are other websites.

mjt20mik
04-18-2014, 02:42 PM
I just looked I dont know if they run through Canada. But yes that is the point. Im sure there are other websites.

They do. Cheapest tickets are about $140 USD for the 'standing area' in the balconies. Upper bowl is $175+.

DoMeFavors
04-18-2014, 02:55 PM
They do. Cheapest tickets are about $140 USD for the 'standing area' in the balconies. Upper bowl is $175+.

on game day when those people are desperate the prices drop.

mjt20mik
04-18-2014, 03:33 PM
on game day when those people are desperate the prices drop.

Best of luck on that man. They are blocking a whole street for those who don't have tickets to watch the game on the big screen. So I don't think they'll be desperate to sell tickets, since there will be a ton of people going there to get tickets, and using the big screen as a fall back.

DoMeFavors
04-18-2014, 03:41 PM
Best of luck on that man. They are blocking a whole street for those who don't have tickets to watch the game on the big screen. So I don't think they'll be desperate to sell tickets, since there will be a ton of people going there to get tickets, and using the big screen as a fall back.

Thanks man but I dont need any luck, but I probably will be comming up to Toronto.

FriedTofuz
04-18-2014, 04:13 PM

yet you're not confident to make a sig bet if your team loses. That's not confident bruh. :D
you're not a confident guy, your feigning ignorane is what you're doing. if you're so confident, you wouldnt back away from an easy sig bet.

DoMeFavors
04-18-2014, 04:18 PM
yet you're not confident to make a sig bet if your team loses. That's not confident bruh. :D
you're not a confident guy, your feigning ignorane is what you're doing. if you're so confident, you wouldnt back away from an easy sig bet.

if im a really good basketball player and someone challenges me on a black top at a park, although I know and have confidence I will win. Doesnt mean I want to do it. I chose not to do it because I dont want to.

JordansBulls
04-18-2014, 04:20 PM
The refs would takeover so that the Raptors win as they do not want Brooklyn to beat Miami in round 2 like Craig Sager said. http://nba.si.com/2014/04/09/lebron-james-craig-sager-get-outta-here-heat-nets/

John Walls Era
04-18-2014, 04:24 PM
It would be fair. Nets have 2 players who should be in retirement homes next year.

Raptors will still beat them.

DoMeFavors
04-18-2014, 04:27 PM
It would be fair. Nets have 2 players who should be in retirement homes next year.

Raptors will still beat them.

retirement home? they arent even 38 yet... Spurs have older players a lot of the Utah Jazz and CHicago Bulls teams had older players. Dont understand whats the big deal? They were rested all yr and its not like they are 45 years old.

mjt20mik
04-18-2014, 04:47 PM
Thanks man but I dont need any luck, but I probably will be comming up to Toronto.

K hope you enjoy the city

FriedTofuz
04-19-2014, 01:59 AM
if im a really good basketball player and someone challenges me on a black top at a park, although I know and have confidence I will win. Doesnt mean I want to do it. I chose not to do it because I dont want to.

That is the worst rebuttle of all time. You sir are far from " smart"

DoMeFavors
04-19-2014, 02:21 AM
That is the worst rebuttle of all time. You sir are far from " smart"

You say im far from smart, but you spell "rebuttal" as rebuttle.

FriedTofuz
04-19-2014, 02:54 AM

Spelling is knowledge, and Knowledge is the lowest form of intelligence. you're right though, I cant spell, just today I saw my grade for an essay and my lowest category was my spelling and grammar. However, in regards to the quality of my critical analysis and structure, i still ended up getting above 90% . SO it doesnt matter.

Kenny Powders
04-19-2014, 10:20 AM

You, of all people, have no room to judge people' grammar and spelling.

DoMeFavors
04-19-2014, 10:48 AM
You, of all people, have no room to judge people' grammar and spelling.

I only did because of that fact that he said I wasnt smart in the same sentence that he spelled a word wrong.