PDA

View Full Version : Klay Thompson Calls Out Blake Griffin

Clippersfan86
04-17-2014, 04:25 AM
http://m.espn.go.com/general/story?storyId=10792687&city=losangeles&src=desktop

I hope Klay is ready to be fishing by next week.

Guppyfighter
04-17-2014, 04:27 AM
Thompson isn't even in this article.

Clippersfan86
04-17-2014, 04:30 AM
Thompson isn't even in this article.

Fixed link. I can't wait to get this series started. Granger is back game 1. First time all year we will be 100 percent healthy.

Guppyfighter
04-17-2014, 04:36 AM
On Wednesday, Warriors guard Klay Thompson called Clippers forward Blake Griffin out for flopping and playing "kind of out of control sometimes."

"He is a good guy off the court but he probably just ... I mean ... plays pretty physical and flops a little bit," Thompson told The Wheelhouse on 95.7 The Game radio in San Francisco.

"He flairs his arm around so you know you might catch a random elbow or something that doesn't you know rub off too well on guys," Thompson said. "He's kind of like a bull in a china shop, kind of out of control sometimes. And then you do just see him flop sometimes like how can a guy that big and strong flop that much.

"I can see how that gets under people's skin and be frustrating to play against."

Keep in mind, he said this to a local radio station.

ThuglifeJ
04-17-2014, 04:40 AM
I didnt like Klay much until now. FLOPPING NEEDS TO COME TO AN END!

Clippersfan86
04-17-2014, 04:41 AM
Yea it's nothing offensive. Just very random and the Warriors seem to talk about the Clippers quite a bit. IAnything to potentially add fuel to the fire is good.

tredigs
04-17-2014, 04:42 AM
Everything he said was well know/fair, 100% true and not said with any malice what so ever. Stop whining, Clipfan, I'm sure it was just in the flow of the conversation with his local radio station he was on the air with.

Clippersfan86
04-17-2014, 04:42 AM

Flopping league wide has died down tremendously the last 2-3 years. It's beating a dead horse at this point.

Phenom1
04-17-2014, 04:46 AM
Did his dad give him a permission to say that?

Crackadalic
04-17-2014, 04:52 AM
I mean he's not wrong but this is just going to amp up the clips even more

GiantsSwaGG
04-17-2014, 09:02 AM
Warriors will beat the clips

NYKnickFanatic
04-17-2014, 09:15 AM
Warriors will beat the clips

Yup. 4-2 Warriors.

Sly Guy
04-17-2014, 10:12 AM
this is gonna be a helluva playoff series, I expect 6-7 games out of this one, all entertaining basketball.

D-Leethal
04-17-2014, 12:00 PM
Over/Under fights/flareups between Jermaine O'Neal and Blake?

*Superman*
04-17-2014, 12:18 PM
Yes! This is gonna be good I can't wait.

colinskik
04-17-2014, 12:24 PM
Will DLee be playing? Sucks that Bogut is out. Woulda liked to see the two (complete) teams compete.

BALLER R
04-17-2014, 12:27 PM
He's not wrong. It would make sense why guys are always going after him. Personally it pisses me off when I'm playing ball and there's a guy that's always throwing up his arms. Those elbows don't feel good when they connect between your eyes.

AddiX
04-17-2014, 12:31 PM
Smh GS is so god damn soft, already crying about a player being out of control, last year crying about Denver playing to physical, I call them The Sisterhood for now on, this is freaking pathetic.

cmellofan15
04-17-2014, 12:36 PM
^ well..you've got a point.

Clippersfan86
04-17-2014, 12:37 PM
People saying he has a point stopped watching Griffin in 2012. Blake isn't even deserving if being called a flopper the last two years.

KingsMadness44
04-17-2014, 12:47 PM
People saying he has a point stopped watching Griffin in 2012. Blake isn't even deserving if being called a flopper the last two years.

this is false. You think that maybe your opinion may be a bit skewed being that you're obviously a clippers fan?

cmellofan15
04-17-2014, 12:54 PM
I agree with him. His body control has improved a lot, especially this year. It's really showed in his defense, ball handling, off ball play, and rebounding.

Also there's a difference between flailing your arms as a strategy to rebound and flailing your arms to get the other guy from holding you. BG seems to be doing the latter more often.

Goose17
04-17-2014, 01:10 PM
It's similar to the way CP3 brings the ball low while holding it with both hands and then jerks it up, trying to draw contact by getting the defenders arm to hit his forearm. Crafty.

LOL @ sending Klay fishing. This is going to be a fun series, it's a shame that the teams aren't at full health, but regardless, this is the only match up I wanted in the first round. This has the potential to be the best match up in the entire playoffs.

Let's Go Warriors!

SeoulBeatz
04-17-2014, 01:22 PM
On Wednesday, Warriors guard Klay Thompson called Clippers forward Blake Griffin out for flopping and playing "kind of out of control sometimes."

"He is a good guy off the court but he probably just ... I mean ... plays pretty physical and flops a little bit," Thompson told The Wheelhouse on 95.7 The Game radio in San Francisco.

"He flairs his arm around so you know you might catch a random elbow or something that doesn't you know rub off too well on guys," Thompson said. "He's kind of like a bull in a china shop, kind of out of control sometimes. And then you do just see him flop sometimes like how can a guy that big and strong flop that much.

"I can see how that gets under people's skin and be frustrating to play against."

Keep in mind, he said this to a local radio station.

Can't see anything wrong with what Klay said.

He's spot on. Blake is a bull in a chinashop and he is prone to flopping which is noticeable for a guy his size.

He's still one of the best big men in the league and I don't really see this as trash talking at all.

jerellh528
04-17-2014, 02:07 PM
Thompson is right, and he's very smart for saying this. This puts more pressure on the officials to not call blake and even cp3's flops so much, because now the fans and ref's are going to be looking for the flops more than usual. Good call by klay. He inceptioned the refs lol.

Tony_Starks
04-17-2014, 02:16 PM
Kinda corny for a guard to call out a forward. He won't be defending him. He should be worried about Reddick and J Crossover.

COOLbeans
04-17-2014, 02:54 PM
Kinda corny for a guard to call out a forward. He won't be defending him. He should be worried about Reddick and J Crossover.

Klay Thompson worried about Reddick? :laugh2:

ThuglifeJ
04-17-2014, 03:04 PM

Flopping league wide has died down tremendously the last 2-3 years. It's beating a dead horse at this point.

Lol good joke. Of course that's coming from a clippers fan where they are well known as the biggest floppers in the league.. how can you be that oblivious? You do watch the clippers right? Don't kid yourself your team is flop city

D-Leethal
04-17-2014, 03:16 PM
This might be the best series of them all if GSW was healthy. Don't think they have the firepower to get it done without Lee and Bogut.

3Blueforyou
04-17-2014, 03:33 PM
Like many posters have said, I don't disagree with what klay said. He was not chirping him and saying he sucks, or is overrated. He may not be flopping as much, but I can say many times this season Blake has taken contact and his body reacted like he was 5'10 160 not 6'10 260. Then throw his hands up looking for a call. Then when while on offence he is like clay said a bull in a China shop, and when he gets a offensive call he is dumbfounded. I know he is not the only one who does this.

I just personally think Blake is a little immature, I hope he continues to grow and mature as a player. For now I think klay was spot on, and I feel like many other players feel similar to klay.

ManRam
04-17-2014, 03:48 PM
Blake has this reputation for a reason. Nothing he said was untrue. Now, in Blake's credit, he usually does end up taking the high road, but there's an OBVIOUS reason why he's involved in so many altercations...of which involve players going after him. He's an instigator, no doubt about it. But hey, if it gets under players' skin like it so clearly does, good for him. He does everything I wish Dwight would do when he was with the Magic; he tries to embellish contact, he does flail, he tries to get calls, etc. Dwight never did that, and it kinda hurt him. Maybe in part because he was such a terrible FT shooter...

I don't think it's in GSW's best interest for a physical series, and they know it. So bringing attention to it ahead of time is a wise move...especially since he's not saying anything we don't all know.

Goose17
04-17-2014, 03:49 PM
This might be the best series of them all if GSW was healthy. Don't think they have the firepower to get it done without Lee and Bogut.

Lee is back :/ where have you been? He played the Portland and Minny games.

P&GRealist
04-17-2014, 03:54 PM
Yea it's nothing offensive. Just very random and the Warriors seem to talk about the Clippers quite a bit. IAnything to potentially add fuel to the fire is good.

But Griffin does flop. Don't know what was so sinful that Klay said.

Klay knows exactly what he's doing. This isn't anything against Griffin but rather to gain an advantage in the series by putting pressure on the refs and the league to watch for things like that throughout the course of a 7 game series.

Phil Jackson, the greatest basketball coach chess player used to do this all the time.

Klay is smart, he's the son of former Laker legend and champion Mychal Thompson. He knows how to navigate his way around the league and deal with the politics.

Chronz
04-17-2014, 03:59 PM
Blake has this reputation for a reason. Nothing he said was untrue. Now, in Blake's credit, he usually does end up taking the high road, but there's an OBVIOUS reason why he's involved in so many altercations...of which involve players going after him. He's an instigator, no doubt about it. But hey, if it gets under players' skin like it so clearly does, good for him. He does everything I wish Dwight would do when he was with the Magic; he tries to embellish contact, he does flail, he tries to get calls, etc. Dwight never did that, and it kinda hurt him. Maybe in part because he was such a terrible FT shooter...

I don't think it's in GSW's best interest for a physical series, and they know it. So bringing attention to it ahead of time is a wise move...especially since he's not saying anything we don't all know.
According to Simmons/Jalen (and myself) its because players envy him and know they cant match up athletically, so they attempt to throw his overpowering game off kilter with mental tactics.

I dont see him instigating as much as he used to and him flailing has actually hurt his free throw attempts, he got more respect as a rookie than he did as a 2nd and 3rd year player when he flopped more frequently. Now he rarely flops and is starting to get the benefit of the doubt again.

Kalys just saying things people believe to be true but are grossly overstated/outdated. His team has already gotten a game changing call they didn't deserve, the league is already aware of their strategy with regards to Blake, I highly doubt they fall for it again. In some ways, I thank them for egging Blake on, will probably give him more credit as a result.

Chronz
04-17-2014, 04:04 PM
But Griffin does flop. Don't know what was so sinful that Klay said.

Klay knows exactly what he's doing. This isn't anything against Griffin but rather to gain an advantage in the series by putting pressure on the refs and the league to watch for things like that throughout the course of a 7 game series.

Phil Jackson, the greatest basketball coach chess player used to do this all the time.

Klay is smart, he's the son of former Laker legend and champion Mychal Thompson. He knows how to navigate his way around the league and deal with the politics.

Be honest, do you like listening to Klay's pop on AM710? Dude is a ninny

Mr.SmackYoMama
04-17-2014, 04:23 PM
Smh GS is so god damn soft, already crying about a player being out of control, last year crying about Denver playing to physical, I call them The Sisterhood for now on, this is freaking pathetic.

Did you mean from?? LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!

P&GRealist
04-17-2014, 04:28 PM

Somebody him in the head with a coconut! :jumpy:

KingsMadness44
04-17-2014, 05:33 PM
According to Simmons/Jalen (and myself) its because players envy him and know they cant match up athletically, so they attempt to throw his overpowering game off kilter with mental tactics.

I dont see him instigating as much as he used to and him flailing has actually hurt his free throw attempts, he got more respect as a rookie than he did as a 2nd and 3rd year player when he flopped more frequently. Now he rarely flops and is starting to get the benefit of the doubt again.

Kalys just saying things people believe to be true but are grossly overstated/outdated. His team has already gotten a game changing call they didn't deserve, the league is already aware of their strategy with regards to Blake, I highly doubt they fall for it again. In some ways, I thank them for egging Blake on, will probably give him more credit as a result.

i get that you're a fan of the clippers but there is a reason that not only GS fans are saying that he flops but fans from multiple teams. You can say that we don't understand the game, or that we just wish we had a player like Blake on our team.

The fact of the matter is that Griffin gets so much negative attention from not only fans but other players around the league is because of how much of a physical beast he is. Same reason Lebron gets so much hate. They are both freaks of nature when it comes to size, speed, and strength.

Thats why i hate it so much, especially from players who are 2 of the best in the league. Flopping should not be something they go to all the time both on offense and defense, simply cuz they're better than that.

ILLUSIONIST^248
04-17-2014, 06:30 PM
The clippers are going to lay the pipe on the warriors

Spanklin
04-17-2014, 06:50 PM
I hope Steph Curry's ankles are strong enough to not flop. Would suck to have him and Bogut out the post season.

Chronz
04-17-2014, 06:50 PM
i get that you're a fan of the clippers but there is a reason that not only GS fans are saying that he flops but fans from multiple teams. You can say that we don't understand the game, or that we just wish we had a player like Blake on our team.

The fact of the matter is that Griffin gets so much negative attention from not only fans but other players around the league is because of how much of a physical beast he is. Same reason Lebron gets so much hate. They are both freaks of nature when it comes to size, speed, and strength.

Thats why i hate it so much, especially from players who are 2 of the best in the league. Flopping should not be something they go to all the time both on offense and defense, simply cuz they're better than that.

I know theres a reason, what Im saying is that its rooted in exaggeration. Flopping has been around since the Wilt days, its gotten more widespread for whatever reason but its still a minute aspect of the game. Honestly, flopping has been cut back some thanks to the fines. Hopefully the new commish continues trying to clean up the game. But at the same time, you can understand why some athletes want to embellish contact when getting to the line and the opposing team into foul trouble being so important.

Clippersfan86
04-17-2014, 07:04 PM
I know theres a reason, what Im saying is that its rooted in exaggeration. Flopping has been around since the Wilt days, its gotten more widespread for whatever reason but its still a minute aspect of the game. Honestly, flopping has been cut back some thanks to the fines. Hopefully the new commish continues trying to clean up the game. But at the same time, you can understand why some athletes want to embellish contact when getting to the line and the opposing team into foul trouble being so important.

Bingo. Besides as you and I both said it's outdated and a big exaggeration.

Clippersfan86
04-17-2014, 07:09 PM
Like many posters have said, I don't disagree with what klay said. He was not chirping him and saying he sucks, or is overrated. He may not be flopping as much, but I can say many times this season Blake has taken contact and his body reacted like he was 5'10 160 not 6'10 260. Then throw his hands up looking for a call. Then when while on offence he is like clay said a bull in a China shop, and when he gets a offensive call he is dumbfounded. I know he is not the only one who does this.

I just personally think Blake is a little immature, I hope he continues to grow and mature as a player. For now I think klay was spot on, and I feel like many other players feel similar to klay.

As somebody who's listened to every single interview and read every single article on Blake his entire career, this is complete and utter ********. Blake is EXTREMELY mature and works harder than anybody on the team. From day one he's been a complete class act and a consummate pro. Nobody on our team is more coachable and both Vinny and Doc have indirectly said as much.

Blake is the epitome of a mature young superstar. Maybe on the court he tries to instigate or get in players heads... or flop from time to time, but as Chronz said that's a league wide thing. It's incredible dumb to single out Blake for doing what other players do as well to get a competitive edge. No player gets flagrant or hard fouls more. The fact that he keeps his composure most times despite all of this speaks to his maturity, not lack of.

COOLbeans
04-17-2014, 07:10 PM

I do. And I liked him before the Dubs drafted Klay. He's a funny guy and he's seen everything and everyone in the NBA since the late 70s

NBA_Starter
04-17-2014, 08:36 PM
This is gonna be good!

sammyvine
04-17-2014, 08:38 PM
steph curry gonna light up cp3!

ILLUSIONIST^248
04-17-2014, 08:39 PM
Am I the only one who thinks the clips rape the warriors ?

goingfor28
04-17-2014, 08:57 PM

No

Allphakenny1
04-17-2014, 09:28 PM

I'd say a very close series with Bogut playing. I like the Warriors starting 5 better than the Clips, but the Clips bench is much better. With Bogut out I'm not very confident in the Warriors.

Clippersfan86
04-17-2014, 09:48 PM
People keep neglecting that while Jackson isn't a bad coach... He stands no chance against Doc in the playoffs, when coaching disparity is magnified. Never mind Alvin Gentry who has helped turn us into an offensive juggernaut. The Clippers are 100 percent healthy for the first time all year. I got Clippers in a convincing 5 games without Bogut and with HCA. With Bogut and HCA I'd say it goes to 7 with either team having a chance. With Bogut but LAC retaining HCA, Clippers in a competitive 6. Mark my words PSD.