PDA

View Full Version : congratulations to

ILLUSIONIST^248
04-17-2014, 01:21 AM
Kevin Durant!

A few years ago not many people would have thought he would take over as the best player in the league this soon, but He has proven himself to be worthy of that title. What makes this year special for him is he has the MVP locked up with a chance to win his first title and finals MVP. How do you see Durants future unfolding in the next 5-10 years?

goingfor28
04-17-2014, 01:28 AM
Continued domination

Cal827
04-17-2014, 01:28 AM
No title
No title
Goes to Miami Heat
Title
Title
Title
NBA Finals
Title
Loss in ECF to the 73-9 Bobcats
Accidentally goes into Time Machine with a Spider, becomes Durantula
Retires

Hawkeye15
04-17-2014, 01:35 AM
did you create this thread back in LeBron's first MVP year?

Your agenda is seriously pathetic.

ILLUSIONIST^248
04-17-2014, 01:38 AM
did you create this thread back in LeBron's first MVP year?

Your agenda is seriously pathetic.

Woah dude, first of all I wasn't on this site at that time so chill out. Very typical of you to come into any thread and mention your lover boy. This is not about Lebron, so please stay out of this thread if you're just trying to makes waves in the water.

Bruno
04-17-2014, 01:44 AM
Kevin Durant!

A few years ago not many people would have thought he would take over as the best player in the league this soon, but He has proven himself to be worthy of that title. What makes this year special for him is he has the MVP locked up with a chance to win his first title and finals MVP. How do you see Durants future unfolding in the next 5-10 years?
he has to prove that in the post-season.

Tony_Starks
04-17-2014, 01:52 AM
In 5 years time I'm sure he'll have about 3 MVPs. Rings it's kinda hard to tell because he has to get the monkey off his back first. I'd venture to say maybe 2 rings.

freejimmer
04-17-2014, 01:54 AM
Great thread, OP. Durant is one of the classiest players in the league, and he also happens to be the BEST player in the league. Truly a man of faith and love.

It's about time the NBA has a man of his faith taking over the league.

ILLUSIONIST^248
04-17-2014, 01:57 AM
Kevin Durant!

he has to prove that in the post-season.

Agreed, this is a huge post season for Durant. I do see them winning the title this year, if not Durants legacy will take a hit. He needs to win in the next two years or he will start taking heavy criticism.

Bruno
04-17-2014, 02:00 AM
Agreed, this is a huge post season for Durant. I do see them winning the title this year, if not Durants legacy will take a hit. He needs to win in the next two years or he will start taking heavy criticism.

i think this is the last post-season he can walk away without a ring, without getting major criticism.

most guys rack their first league MVP before getting their first finals MVP.

JoeDirt05
04-17-2014, 02:00 AM
Ummmm lebron is still the best one good season doesn't make you the best

Hawkeye15
04-17-2014, 02:04 AM
Woah dude, first of all I wasn't on this site at that time so chill out. Very typical of you to come into any thread and mention your lover boy. This is not about Lebron, so please stay out of this thread if you're just trying to makes waves in the water.

please dude. You would never, in your life, have made this thread is it was LeBron's first MVP season. Ever.

Make waves? Your agenda is the most obvious and pathetic on this site. Period.

Hawkeye15
04-17-2014, 02:06 AM

whats funny is, if LeBron wins again, you will claim its "watered down".

ILLUSIONIST^248
04-17-2014, 02:06 AM

What's does last year have to do with this year? That's how someone becomes the best, by first being better over a whole season. Your logic is fail!

Hawkeye15
04-17-2014, 02:07 AM
i think this is the last post-season he can walk away without a ring, without getting major criticism.

most guys rack their first league MVP before getting their first finals MVP.

disagree. Durant is given so much leeway, despite him being as good as he is.

Avenged
04-17-2014, 02:07 AM
If this came from anyone else maybe it wouldn't be taken as trolling.... Buuuut, yeah. Go lakers!

ILLUSIONIST^248
04-17-2014, 02:08 AM

please dude. You would never, in your life, have made this thread is it was LeBron's first MVP season. Ever.

Make waves? Your agenda is the most obvious and pathetic on this site. Period.

You claim I derail threads while you are guilty of doing so right now. You're a mod bro please act like it.

Hawkeye15
04-17-2014, 02:09 AM
What's does last year have to do with this year? That's how someone becomes the best, by first being better over a whole season. Your logic is fail!

by that logic, you need to admit LeBron became the best player on the planet by 2007, and retained that title through 2013.

Any other response, is pure double standard.

FlashBolt
Why do I feel this is his way of indirectly taking a shot at LeBron? I'm 99.99999% positive that you are only rooting for Durant because he's the only one with a legitimate shot of taking over LeBron's accomplishments and therefore less of a debate of LeBron vs Kobe.

ILLUSIONIST^248

whats funny is, if LeBron wins again, you will claim its "watered down".

Well Lebron only has to win one real series, but let's let make this about Lebron, because we all know that's what you would loveto talk about.

Hawkeye15
04-17-2014, 02:10 AM
You claim I detail threads while you are guilty of doing so right now. You're a mod bro please act like it.

derail what? A thread created by the biggest Kobe homer/LeBron hater I have ever come across?

I am not a mod anymore.

Hawkeye15
04-17-2014, 02:12 AM
Why do I feel this is his way of indirectly taking a shot at LeBron? I'm 99.99999% positive that you are only rooting for Durant because he's the only one with a legitimate shot of taking over LeBron's accomplishments and therefore less of a debate of LeBron vs Kobe.

because it is a shot. He has been waiting for anything, or anyone, to publically get on LeBron's level, only to support them and push them as hard as he can.

ILLUSIONIST^248
04-17-2014, 02:16 AM

by that logic, you need to admit LeBron became the best player on the planet by 2007, and retained that title through 2013.

Any other response, is pure double standard.

If you can show me some basketball analysts that think he was the best before 2009 then I'll agree with you.

Crackadalic
04-17-2014, 02:17 AM
Gotta get to the promise land and grab that first title before claiming best player. He's having a hell of a statistical season and carry them during the season but now it's time to put up or shut up

FlashBolt
04-17-2014, 02:17 AM
You claim I detail threads while you are guilty of doing so right now. You're a mod bro please act like it.

If he was acting like how a mod should be acting, you would rightfully be banned.

Let's make it clear. LeBron has been the best player since 2007 statistically and visually. Yes, you can argue Kobe but if you asked anyone who has been the best since 2007, it's LeBron. That means LeBron has been the best for the past six years. KD has the better season but I'm not going to say he's better than LeBron because if you're asking me to pick one player on my team for the next three seasons, it's LeBron. One can even make an argument that LeBron in his second year was better than Kobe.

And what the hell is this babbling about LeBron having to only win one "real" series.

Game 7 vs Pacers. They would've lost if LeBron didn't make a game winning shot in game 1.

Game 7 vs Spurs. Could've lost in games 6-7.

Game 7 vs Celtics. Could've lost in games 6-7 but LeBron went off.

Game 6 vs Pacers. Down 2-1 in a very hostile environment.

Those are 4 series they could've lost easily.

Also, let me remind you that KD has yet to win a ring. Kobe fans praise rings and were derailing James because he had no rings despite MVP's. If you're going to say KD has overthrown James, at least give James the benefit of a doubt. You can't give different players different standards. Mind you, KD choked horribly vs Memphis last year. Mind you again, KD has never been criticized for losing because everyone is still waiting for LeBron's career to reach it's saturation point. So if KD doesn't win this year, I'm not going to go easy and give him a pass.

ILLUSIONIST^248
04-17-2014, 02:19 AM

because it is a shot. He has been waiting for anything, or anyone, to publically get on LeBron's level, only to support them and push them as hard as he can.
False, Durant is the real deal. I honestly think Durant has a very real shot at becoming top 5 all time. In all honesty I think he passes Kobe on that list by the end of his career.(if he starts winning rings).

Kaner
04-17-2014, 02:22 AM
If he was acting like how a mod should be acting, you would rightfully be banned.

Let's make it clear. LeBron has been the best player since 2007 statistically and visually. Yes, you can argue Kobe but if you asked anyone who has been the best since 2007, it's LeBron. That means LeBron has been the best for the past six years. KD has the better season but I'm not going to say he's better than LeBron because if you're asking me to pick one player on my team for the next three seasons, it's LeBron. One can even make an argument that LeBron in his second year was better than Kobe.

And what the hell is this babbling about LeBron having to only win one "real" series.

Game 7 vs Pacers. They would've lost if LeBron didn't make a game winning shot in game 1.

I think he's talking about this year against the weak east teams. I would disagree with that of course Nets and Bulls both have given them trouble this season, and if Indiana gets it together for the playoffs they obviously could give them trouble.

FlashBolt
04-17-2014, 02:24 AM
False, Durant is the real deal. I honestly think Durant has a very real shot at becoming top 5 all time. In all honesty I think he passes Kobe on that list by the end of his career.(if he starts winning rings).

So what makes you think KD will surpass LeBron, though? I'll be the first to admit, LeBron is my favorite player but OKC is my favorite team. I think KD is having a better season but LeBron is a better player. If KD keeps this up, no doubt he's easily top 10. But if LeBron is also keeping up his pace and winning, there is no way KD surpasses him. LeBron has the potential to beat out MJ as the GOAT. Durant's potential was always whether or not he can surpass LeBron as the best player. Let's not get carried away. No more excuses for KD. He has Ibaka, Westbrook, and a MVP on his shoulder. He's a 4x scoring champ. Two years ago, yes, too young. Now, win or get ridiculed.

Hawkeye15
04-17-2014, 02:24 AM
If you can show me some basketball analysts that think he was the best before 2009 then I'll agree with you.

are you seriously that dense? Look it up for yourself delusionist

naps
04-17-2014, 02:25 AM
lol nobody will ever take this troll seriously.

ILLUSIONIST^248

Banned for what? Speaking my mind?

Lebron has not been the best since 2007, then end of 2009?yes. Every pro analyst would agree and has agreed. Lets be honest with ourselves, beating the pacers last year was not a big accomplishment, and neither will it be this year since they are most likely going be in the finals again. Lebron barely squeaked by the spurs, and if it not been for big daddy Ray, Lebrons legacy would have took a huge blow.

Hawkeye15

he may very well pass Kobe. But so will LeBron, pretty easily...

ILLUSIONIST^248
04-17-2014, 02:26 AM

So what makes you think KD will surpass LeBron, though? I'll be the first to admit, LeBron is my favorite player but OKC is my favorite team. I think KD is having a better season but LeBron is a better player. If KD keeps this up, no doubt he's easily top 10. But if LeBron is also keeping up his pace and winning, there is no way KD surpasses him. LeBron has the potential to beat out MJ as the GOAT. Durant's potential was always whether or not he can surpass LeBron as the best player. Let's not get carried away. No more excuses for KD. He has Ibaka, Westbrook, and a MVP on his shoulder. He's a 4x scoring champ. Two years ago, yes, too young. Now, win or get ridiculed.

:laugh2: Lebron can surpass Jordan???? I'm done debating with you, next!

Hawkeye15
04-17-2014, 02:27 AM

Lebron has not been the best since 2007, then end of 2009?yes. Every pro analyst would agree and has agreed. Lets be honest with ourselves, beating the pacers last year was not a big accomplishment, and neither will it be this year since they are most likely going be in the finals again. Lebron barely squeaked by the spurs, and if it not been for big daddy Ray, Lebrons legacy would have took a huge blow.

here is why you are being a hypocrite. You state Durant is the best now, because of his stats.

So, if that is your angle, it should be so easy to admit LeBron was the best by 2007.

Any other retort, is you pushing your usual agenda.

ILLUSIONIST^248
04-17-2014, 02:29 AM

he may very well pass Kobe. But so will LeBron, pretty easily...

Do you wake up with the thought of Lebron on your mind, damn hawk, you can't go one thread without making it about him can you.

ILLUSIONIST^248
04-17-2014, 02:33 AM

here is why you are being a hypocrite. You state Durant is the best now, because of his stats.

So, if that is your angle, it should be so easy to admit LeBron was the best by 2007.

Any other retort, is you pushing your usual agenda.

Not true once again, Durant has not only had a better statistical season, but he has lead his team a lot of the year without a legit number two. He has lead the thunder to a better record than the heat while playing is a much much tougher conference. Don't be such a hater because it's finally his turn to be the best.

JC_
04-17-2014, 02:45 AM
Congrats on your retirement Kobe.

FlashBolt
04-17-2014, 02:49 AM
:laugh2: Lebron can surpass Jordan???? I'm done debating with you, next!

Lol? I said potential. Potential that many NBA legends have stated themselves. Debating? It was never a debate with you to begin with. A debate consists of arguments that are backed up with consistent and valid points. You provide none of that. Opinions are not valid arguments in a debate, FYI. Oh yeah, you said Ray Allen saved James? Oh really. Hi, Derek Fisher. Hi, Robert Horry. Hi, Ron Artest. And you know what? Kobe had it easy. He was never criticized for not winning early in his career because Shaq took the blame. He was criticized for two years after he drove away Shaq and proved he couldn't carry them to the playoffs. 6/24 performance in the biggest game of his career and he rode Artest to the finish line.

Hawkeye15
04-17-2014, 02:50 AM
Do you wake up with the thought of Lebron on your mind, damn hawk, you can't go one thread without making it about him can you.

nah, I don't wear a Kobe blanket to bed, or wake up and brush my teeth with Kobe toothpaste.

Unfortunately, I am pretty even steven.

But, continue being a complete, and utter troll on this site. Good news is that I can't do anything about it anymore :)

Crackadalic
04-17-2014, 02:51 AM
If you want to go by stats alone lebron has been the best player from 07-13

Durant has been the best player this year statistical

Lebron however was putting up unheard of numbers in his cav days and won 66 games with borderline role players which blows my mind

FlashBolt
04-17-2014, 02:55 AM
http://speedcap.net/sharing/files/9f/2b/9f2b34eda5514be55b9c5f945eb2942b.png

Doesn't show the full view but Kobe's best season surpasses only 3 of LeBron's. Look at LeBron's second season. 19 years old? Scrub Cavs roster? That's a career season for many elite players. Insane for a player to be that young and developed.

ILLUSIONIST^248

Lebron however was putting up unheard of numbers in his cav days and won 66 games with borderline role players which blows my mind

He plays in the east big guy.

Hawkeye15

but no, this doesn't fit the OP's agenda...

ILLUSIONIST^248
04-17-2014, 02:57 AM

nah, I don't wear a Kobe blanket to bed, or wake up and brush my teeth with Kobe toothpaste.

Unfortunately, I am pretty even steven.

But, continue being a complete, and utter troll on this site. Good news is that I can't do anything about it anymore :)

No ****, I'm assuming you have a full Lebron collection. "Even Steven" good one!

FlashBolt
04-17-2014, 03:03 AM

http://speedcap.net/sharing/files/b6/44/b64420e2d41aaba15a7a939edeb4a775.png

Now, go to sleep. I'll be back tomorrow to make you shed your daily tears.

freejimmer
04-17-2014, 03:09 AM
I thought this thread was about DURANT?

I'm so sick of the Bron worship ruining threads.

ILLUSIONIST^248
04-17-2014, 03:09 AM

http://speedcap.net/sharing/files/b6/44/b64420e2d41aaba15a7a939edeb4a775.png

Now, go to sleep. I'll be back tomorrow to make you shed your daily tears.

It's much harder to keep those numbers up if he would have been playing the west all year and in the playoffs. Not sample sizes. He's 2-2 in finals vs good teams, and would have been 1-3 had it not been for the greatest shot in basketball history.

ILLUSIONIST^248
04-17-2014, 03:10 AM
I thought this thread was about DURANT?

I'm so sick of the Bron worship ruining threads.
Straight up man, I make a thread about Durant and all the Lebron fans come to cry, can't we just marvel at Durant being great?

P&GRealist
04-17-2014, 03:11 AM

I respect LeBron, but seriously, the Kobe vs LeBron debate died a long time ago in those yrs when Kobe was waiting for LeBron to get out of the weak east as a Cav and meet him in the finals. But he never showed up. Hell Nike gave up on that concept when they stopped doing those puppet commercials. And let me tell you, those things were probably the most popular commercials Nike had running in the last 10 yrs.

freejimmer
04-17-2014, 03:14 AM
Straight up man, I make a thread about Durant and all the Lebron fans come to cry, can't we just marvel at Durant being great?

Bron has been a failure up until this point of his career and people need to get over it. (Relative to the unjust hype)

Durant has EASILY passed him and he's old news.

P&GRealist
04-17-2014, 03:18 AM
Bron has been a failure up until this point of his career and people need to get over it. (Relative to the unjust hype)

Durant has EASILY passed him and he's old news.

I wouldn't say that, but what I do know is that LeBron would have been looked upon in higher regard if he won a title in Cleveland.

DitchDat
04-17-2014, 03:19 AM
I hate the black-and-white thinking when it comes to best player. Durant and LBJ are 1A and 1B... Durant was super impressive this year without Westbrook for much of the year, but people are quick to forget that Wade also missed serious time.

FlashBolt
04-17-2014, 03:19 AM

I respect LeBron, but seriously, the Kobe vs LeBron debate died a long time ago in those yrs when Kobe was waiting for LeBron to get out of the weak east as a Cav and meet him in the finals. But he never showed up. Hell Nike gave up on that concept when they stopped doing those puppet commercials. And let me tell you, those things were probably the most popular commercials Nike had running in the last 10 yrs.

How about when LeBron was waiting in 2007 for Kobe to get out? Lol. Typical Kobe fanboys with no understanding of their biased arguments. Nike didn't stop anything. LeBron is a much bigger asset than Kobe is to them. The Kobe vs LeBron debate died because LeBron has left all doubts clear. No point in debating when it's already evident to any unbiased individual with appreciation for both players. Again, you mention weak East but LeBron beat your strong West 24-2 in the reg season. Apparently, 26 games is a small sample. Funny, considering Cleveland had lost more than 2 of their first 26 games against East. Same scale, what's your excuse now, pal? Oh yeah, they were 44-11 vs East. That's nearly 6x the losses in just twice the amount of games, pal.

Slug3
04-17-2014, 03:22 AM

Well Lebron was there in 07. He was also there the year right after Kobe won and has been 3 years straight. So Kobe did enough to miss out on them playing as well. In fact Kobe has been there 3 times since Lebron has been in the league and Lebron has been there 4 times since they were both in the league. So really we could blame Kobe on not making it enough for that show down.

FlashBolt
04-17-2014, 03:24 AM

Well Lebron was there in 07. He was also there the year right after Kobe won and has been 3 years straight. So Kobe did enough to miss out on them playing as well. In fact Kobe has been there 3 times since Lebron has been in the league and Lebron has been there 4 times since they were both in the league. So really we could blame Kobe on not making it enough for that show down.

No, we can't blame Kobe because that logic does not make him look good. Kobe has 5 rings!

Slug3
04-17-2014, 03:26 AM
No, we can't blame Kobe because that logic does not make him look good. Kobe has 5 rings!

I wish this crap would stop and people could just enjoy how great they both are. But nope.

Bruno
04-17-2014, 03:33 AM
disagree. Durant is given so much leeway, despite him being as good as he is.

even if that was the most fair based off the amount of criticism Kobe and LeBron have gotten in the recent past, I think Brooks, Westbrook and the supporting cast will take a lot of the criticism.

P&GRealist
04-17-2014, 03:34 AM
I wish this crap would stop and people could just enjoy how great they both are. But nope.

They Are both great, but funny thing is that the thread is about neither of those.

Back on topic, Kevin Durant is the regular season man, but dude has got to WIN the big gold ball to be considered the best.

ILLUSIONIST^248
04-17-2014, 03:34 AM
I hate the black-and-white thinking when it comes to best player. Durant and LBJ are 1A and 1B... Durant was super impressive this year without Westbrook for much of the year, but people are quick to forget that Wade also missed serious time.Yes he has, but they play in the east. Durant has to fight every game.

ILLUSIONIST^248
04-17-2014, 03:36 AM

Well Lebron was there in 07. He was also there the year right after Kobe won and has been 3 years straight. So Kobe did enough to miss out on them playing as well. In fact Kobe has been there 3 times since Lebron has been in the league and Lebron has been there 4 times since they were both in the league. So really we could blame Kobe on not making it enough for that show down. ones in his prime and the other is not. Lebron also has a free walk to the finals every year.

Slug3
04-17-2014, 03:56 AM
ones in his prime and the other is not. Lebron also has a free walk to the finals every year.

Oh of course, it's only convienent when Kobe makes it and not vise versa. Didn't Kobe just get off winning the finals MVP the year before Lebron made it? If anything, you make excuses.

Munkeysuit
04-17-2014, 04:44 AM
Ok look let me explain this to everyone, Durant is clearly the MVP of the league this year, no question about it! but HE IS NOT the best player in the league, he's simply the most valuable player to his team and happens to be on the 2nd best team in the league...that is all.
Everyone already knows who the best player in the league is and KD has to do some work to catch him and that is all 100% truth!!! there is no arguing that, its that plain and simple. I do believe Durant WILL surpass Lebron in time, I recognize his potential and his ceiling is higher than Lebron's, so don't write me off as some delusional Lebron fan/ KD hater, I just know when to give respect when its due.

PhillyFaninLA
04-17-2014, 07:51 AM
Mods can we please just close this thread, it is 4 pages of off topic arguing.

ghettosean
04-17-2014, 08:32 AM
Is this thread about Lebron???

mudvayne387
04-17-2014, 08:32 AM
lol @ Durant being better than James ....

PhillyFaninLA
04-17-2014, 08:39 AM

The TC almost exclusively makes topics or responses that are about Lebron not being good and Kobe being God.

This because of who made it is a loosely veiled anti Lebron topic. if just about anyone else made it Durant would have been the topic of conversation.

Not criticizing anyone but that is why this became a Lebron focus.

ATX
04-17-2014, 09:18 AM
Mods can we please just close this thread, it is 4 pages of off topic arguing.

Completely agree. Had this thread been started by just about anyone other than Illusionist, it may have succeeded in generating some good discussoin...But we all know this was simply started as a slight to James who will come in 2nd in MVP voting this season...Making it 4 MVP's for James and 2 second place finishes in 6 years. That's utter domination. Let's see if KD wins a Finals MVP or two before we go dethroning LeBron. On topic though, congratulations to KD this regular season. A truly MVP worthy season.

Delrayhc
04-17-2014, 09:38 AM
Congratulations to KD for MVP he had an amazing season and congratulations to illusionist for seizing the opportunity to create a self serving gratifying thread.

EL_MACHETE
04-17-2014, 09:44 AM
Congratulations Kevin Durant!

mjm07
04-17-2014, 09:59 AM

No, its a bashing of Lebrons accomplishments and praising Durant. Created by the usual suspect.

Durant is a bad man. Is easily be the best player on the planet. Unfortunately, that isn't the reality because that title belongs to LBJ, for the moment at least. Enjoy.

ILLUSIONIST^248
04-17-2014, 11:24 AM

The TC almost exclusively makes topics or responses that are about Lebron not being good and Kobe being God.

This because of who made it is a loosely veiled anti Lebron topic. if just about anyone else made it Durant would have been the topic of conversation.

Not criticizing anyone but that is why this became a Lebron focus.

I made this thread to give Durant the credit he deserves, it's not my fault that the biggest Lebronstan came into this thread three post deep and made it about him. You Lebron fans are getting upset because Durant has finally taken over, get over it guys! Lebron wasn't going to stay the best forever. Now please let's stay in topic.

ILLUSIONIST^248
04-17-2014, 11:28 AM
Anyways, I can see Durant being the best player in the world for at least another 6-7 years. The guys has 4 scoring titles and his defense is finally starting to get pretty damn good. The league better watch out if he wins the ship this year, because he is still very young with lots of years to rack up MVPs, titles ,scoring titles , and finals MVPs.

FlashBolt
04-17-2014, 11:34 AM
Anyways, I can see Durant being the best player in the world for at least another 6-7 years. The guys has 4 scoring titles and his defense is finally starting to get pretty damn good. The league better watch out if he wins the ship this year, because he is still very young with lots of years to rack up MVPs, titles ,scoring titles , and finals MVPs.

Yes, that is true. But let's say he doesn't win. Are you going to give him the same treatment as LeBron received before he won a ring? Probably not.

Tony_Starks
04-17-2014, 11:47 AM

Man I had almost forgot about those commercials!!! They were epic. (Hurt a lot of people's feelings too)

I was so mad Lebron didn't get to the Finals that year we beat Boston. That was the matchup EVERYBODY wanted to see. Now we never will.....

ILLUSIONIST^248
04-17-2014, 11:49 AM

Yes, that is true. But let's say he doesn't win. Are you going to give him the same treatment as LeBron received before he won a ring? Probably not.

Yes I will ,especially if he doesn't win in these next two seasons.

5ass
04-17-2014, 11:58 AM
Dellusionist the pathetic.

Tony_Starks
04-17-2014, 12:01 PM
To be fair there's a huge misconception that KD doesn't take any criticism for not getting it done yet. He actually gets quite a bit and will get a ton if they come up short this season.

He's not critiqued and scrutinized as much as your favorite player but he also doesn't have the "best player on the planet" label, and he hasn't made any extravagant championship predictions putting the bullseye on himself.

curtcocaine
04-17-2014, 12:04 PM
Durant is the best offensive player ever Imo. Bron is still better all around. I want km to be better. I think he would be the best player if he had the same talent around him. Not saying his is bad but Bron has beasly

ILLUSIONIST^248
04-17-2014, 12:07 PM
Dellusionist the pathetic.

Go cry somewhere else kid, stop trying to derail this thread like all the other Lebron fans.

FlashBolt
04-17-2014, 12:12 PM
To be fair there's a huge misconception that KD doesn't take any criticism for not getting it done yet. He actually gets quite a bit and will get a ton if they come up short this season.

He's not critiqued and scrutinized as much as your favorite player but he also doesn't have the "best player on the planet" label, and he hasn't made any extravagant championship predictions putting the bullseye on himself.

And that's because people care more about LeBron. Kobe fans and LeBron haters have made it a celebration when LeBron loses.

bucketss
04-17-2014, 12:19 PM
Kevin Durant!

lol what?? he was in the convo since 2012, and by year 3 everyone said he would eventually be the best.

Tony_Starks
04-17-2014, 12:24 PM
And that's because people care more about LeBron. Kobe fans and LeBron haters have made it a celebration when LeBron loses.

Did you even read my post or just skip to typical Kobe rhetoric? If you are esteemed as the best player on the planet.... if you yourself make a prediction boast of winning 5,6,7 chips.... wouldn't it make sense that you'll be highly criticized when you lose? Is that not common sense?

Chronz
04-17-2014, 12:30 PM
LOL at the thread, yes congrats on being the best player this REGULAR SEASON. Now, lets see how the playoffs unfold and maybe they might be on equal footing. I'll let their performance in the playoffs dictate this question. If Durant performs at a higher level, Ill put them as 1A and 1B, unless Bron totally underperforms, in which case, its clearly Durants league now.

I wouldn't say that, but what I do know is that LeBron would have been looked upon in higher regard if he won a title in Cleveland.

Well yea, he would have done something no other player in history has done, win with the likes of Mo Williams as your 2nd best player and a team reliant on its depth more than star power.

Tony_Starks
04-17-2014, 12:33 PM
LOL at the thread, yes congrats on being the best player this REGULAR SEASON. Now, lets see how the playoffs unfold and maybe they might be on equal footing. I'll let their performance in the playoffs dictate this question. If Durant performs at a higher level, Ill put them as 1A and 1B, unless Bron totally underperforms, in which case, its clearly Durants league now.

Well yea, he would have done something no other player in history has done, win with the likes of Mo Williams as your 2nd best player and a team reliant on its depth more than star power.

Hakeem says hi.

FlashBolt
04-17-2014, 12:48 PM
Did you even read my post or just skip to typical Kobe rhetoric? If you are esteemed as the best player on the planet.... if you yourself make a prediction boast of winning 5,6,7 chips.... wouldn't it make sense that you'll be highly criticized when you lose? Is that not common sense?

What about your post stated any of that? Lol, learn to write properly. Durant doesn't get any criticism because the pressure is always on LeBron. LeBron wasn't wrong when he said Durant will get criticized when LeBron retires. He's just the bigger figure in basketball. And didn't Kobe boast about beating OKC when they traded for Dwight? C'mon, catchup Tony.

cmellofan15
04-17-2014, 12:48 PM
lol where da rings tho

ILLUSIONIST^248
04-17-2014, 12:59 PM

Hakeem says hi.

Dirk would like to join the party as well lol.

ILLUSIONIST^248
04-17-2014, 01:01 PM

Obviously LeBron is going to have great stats, since he'll be playing against the weakest competition. Any superstar has ever faced.

cmellofan15
04-17-2014, 01:03 PM
Obviously LeBron is going to have great stats, since he'll be playing against the weakest competition. Any superstar has ever faced.

bold claims, any actual evidence to support it, or are you just saying stuff?

nickdymez
04-17-2014, 01:03 PM

Durants had more than one good season bro.

ILLUSIONIST^248
04-17-2014, 01:05 PM

bold claims, any actual evidence to support it, or are you just saying stuff?

Do you have eyes to see the teams he faces in the east rounds?

Goose17
04-17-2014, 01:05 PM
This thread... lmao.

nickdymez
04-17-2014, 01:07 PM

What about the pistons and Mavs?

Delrayhc
04-17-2014, 01:20 PM

This is why your a j**off with a agenda. To be honest it doesn't matter to me if Durant is better than LeBron and vice versa. He is the MVP for this season. That doesn't mean that he has taken over or is the best as you claim. Now maybe Durant will and if he does great but you need to wait until sometime next season before you throw out you biased opinions.

Chronz
04-17-2014, 01:22 PM
You know its sad when a teams 6th man is better than your primary sidekick, as Jason Terry was when compared to Mo. Mo Williams was so pedestrian that he couldn't even get selected to the All-Star game despite being on the team with the best record in the league. Imagine that, coaches tend to award winning, and even they didn't see fit to award Mo Williams. It took 2 players getting injured for Mo Williams to be selected by David Stern. That was his lone appearance.

Pistons were infinitely more stacked thats for sure.

nickdymez
04-17-2014, 01:24 PM
You know its sad when a teams 6th man is better than your primary sidekick, as Jason Terry was when compared to Mo. Mo Williams was so pedestrian that he couldn't even get selected to the All-Star game despite being on the team with the best record in the league. Imagine that, coaches tend to award winning, and even they didn't see fit to award Mo Williams. It took 2 players getting injured for Mo Williams to be selected by David Stern. That was his lone appearance.

I like asking you Lebron guys questions just to see the cute excuses you make. Who was all on the All Star team for Dallas?

Delrayhc

I wouldn't relate the pistons. They might of not had a superstar but all there players were great and fit perfectly together.

5ass
Go cry somewhere else kid, stop trying to derail this thread like all the other Lebron fans.

Cry? Although you are a sad and pathetic individual, I'm entertained by your attempts to bash LeBron. He's obviously doing something right if he's still making Kobephiles ***** and moan. Still the reigning FMVP. Still the reigning champ.

Chronz
04-17-2014, 01:32 PM

Hes not talking just playoffs brohster.

When discussing the influence variables have on statistical output, you need to do more than say "Eyeballz duh", you need... you know..... actual analysis....

This is why I often implore you to not mention stats in your posts, you clearly have no idea how to infer anything of value from them, your excuses are shallow until you change that. So unless that happens, get your boy to do the talking for you, or you can ask one of the quality posters on this board to put in the work and then you can piggyback their thoughts.

You're better off +1'ing other peoples ideas than attempting to convey a genuine thought on your own

ILLUSIONIST^248
04-17-2014, 01:33 PM

The mavs were a one man team and you know it. No one had them even close to winning the title. What makes it even better is they beat down a super team lead by bron. Your statement was invalid so stop trying to convince us your right.

Chronz
04-17-2014, 01:37 PM
The mavs were a one man shoe and you know it.
Nothing like Bron in Cleveland, sorry.

No one had them even close to winning the title. What makes it even better is they beat down a super team lead by bron. Your statement was invalid so stop trying to convince us your right.
You can only convince someone of changing their mind if they are open to objective thought. You can never change the mind of an extremist, so believe me, Im not trying to change your mind, just defending my own stance. If you wish to provide an intelligent rebuttal, feel free. Hell, getting on topic would be a great start, I never said anything about them winning, I said they won with more talent than Bron had in Cleveland. Which if you know anything about stats/impact, is clearly evident.

ILLUSIONIST^248
04-17-2014, 01:38 PM

When discussing the influence variables have on statistical output, you need to do more than say "Eyeballz duh", you need... you know..... actual analysis....

This is why I often implore you to not mention stats in your posts, you clearly have no idea how to infer anything of value from them, your excuses are shallow until you change that. So unless that happens, get your boy to do the talking for you, or you can ask one of the quality posters on this board to put in the work and then you can piggyback their thoughts.

You're better off +1'ing other peoples ideas than attempting to convey a genuine thought on your own

If your too blind to see that Lebron gets a free pass to the finals very year, then that's your problem. I'm sorry I don't sit in a dorm room all day like you to look up little factoids.

Tony_Starks
04-17-2014, 01:39 PM
Well since you guys love stats so much KD.....you know the guy the thread is actually about.... is the first player to lead the league in scoring, PER, and W/S in 14 years. He's also the first player to put up 32 7 5 since MJ while shooting Larry Bird like percentages.

Now personally I'm no stat guy but I'm going out on a limb and saying those numbers are impressive.

Chronz
04-17-2014, 01:40 PM
I like asking you Lebron guys questions just to see the cute excuses you make. Who was all on the All Star team for Dallas?
Where did I say they had an All-Star? What I did say was that their 6th man and DPOY caliber guys were CLEARLY better than Brons sidekick. Brons sidekick was so pedestrian that he couldn't even make the All-Star game despite being on the team with the best record. You have to understand NBA history to know how sad that is tho, so I understand the strawman attempt.

Chronz
04-17-2014, 01:43 PM
If your too blind to see that Lebron gets a free pass to the finals very year, then that's your problem. I'm sorry I don't sit in a dorm room all day like you to look up little factoids.
LOL, typical.

Then dont make any objective claims if you cant support those "factoids", not that I blame you, Im sure it would take you an entire day if not week, to look up something so rudimentary. Hell, someone like you, you might need a month off just to back up the statistical claims you make. Notice how you make no mention of the stats you alluded to earlier and are sticking with the subjective breakdown that nobody cares about to begin with.

ATX
04-17-2014, 01:45 PM

And then wins in the Finals against the best of the West, not to mention he has an impressive win % during the regular season against the West. Not that that there is ANY point in having discussion with you. Your hate driven agenda is obvious to everyone on these boards, and no one takes anything you say seriously except your troll boys Amos1er and Free Jimmer. When you prove to be incapable of having discussion with the likes of Hawkeye and Chronz then you know you should just leave the boards...As they are two of the most unbiased and insightful posters these boards have. Ya and to your last sentence, of course you don't use facts...Because well they NEVER support your so called "Arguments"...

ILLUSIONIST^248
04-17-2014, 01:53 PM
The mavs were a one man shoe and you know it.
Nothing like Bron in Cleveland, sorry.

No one had them even close to winning the title. What makes it even better is they beat down a super team lead by bron. Your statement was invalid so stop trying to convince us your right.
You can only convince someone of changing their mind if they are open to objective thought. You can never change the mind of an extremist, so believe me, Im not trying to change your mind, just defending my own stance. If you wish to provide an intelligent rebuttal, feel free. Hell, getting on topic would be a great start, I never said anything about them winning, I said they won with more talent than Bron had in Cleveland. Which if you know anything about stats/impact, is clearly evident.

You mean the Vegas favorite cabs?

Convince yourself, because no one is buying your bs. Move on to another argument.

ILLUSIONIST^248
04-17-2014, 01:53 PM
Well since you guys love stats so much KD.....you know the guy the thread is actually about.... is the first player to lead the league in scoring, PER, and W/S in 14 years. He's also the first player to put up 32 7 5 since MJ while shooting Larry Bird like percentages.

Now personally I'm no stat guy but I'm going out on a limb and saying those numbers are impressive.

:clap:

ILLUSIONIST^248
04-17-2014, 01:58 PM

And then wins in the Finals against the best of the West, not to mention he has an impressive win % during the regular season against the West. Not that that there is ANY point in having discussion with you. Your hate driven agenda is obvious to everyone on these boards, and no one takes anything you say seriously except your troll boys Amos1er and Free Jimmer. When you prove to be incapable of having discussion with the likes of Hawkeye and Chronz then you know you should just leave the boards...As they are two of the most unbiased and insightful posters these boards have. Ya and to your last sentence, of course you don't use facts...Because well they NEVER support your so called "Arguments"...

He's 2-2 in finals attempts and would have been 1-3 if not for Ray Allen. Not to mention he has a losing record in the finals. I'd like to hear your excuse for that.

smith&wesson
04-17-2014, 01:59 PM
I see durant leaving okc... i dont think he will win with that team in the west. he and westy are great and all but the west is that good and okc ****ed it all up by letting harden go and signing ibaka, and extending perkins before signing harden.

Chronz
04-17-2014, 02:01 PM
You mean the Vegas favorite cabs?

Convince yourself, because no one is buying your bs. Move on to another argument.

Yes, those guys.

Delrayhc
04-17-2014, 02:17 PM

He's 2-2 in finals attempts and would have been 1-3 if not for Ray Allen. Not to mention he has a losing record in the finals. I'd like to hear your excuse for that.

What is the losing record he has? Are you saying 2-2 is a losing record?

nickdymez
04-17-2014, 02:18 PM
Where did I say they had an All-Star? What I did say was that their 6th man and DPOY caliber guys were CLEARLY better than Brons sidekick. Brons sidekick was so pedestrian that he couldn't even make the All-Star game despite being on the team with the best record. You have to understand NBA history to know how sad that is tho, so I understand the strawman attempt.

My point is, who is the second all star on that Dallas championship team? Which leads to my second point.

Chronz
04-17-2014, 02:22 PM

Thanks for the kind words. Its a stark contrast from the OP's insistence on speaking on behalf of everyone.

ILLUSIONIST^248
04-17-2014, 02:24 PM

What is the losing record he has? Are you saying 2-2 is a losing record?

No smart guy, he has a record of 10-12 in the finals. Pretty pathetic.

bucketss
04-17-2014, 02:25 PM
Kd is the best player in the world right now, im suppose to be a lebronphile and even i admit it, these paranoid kobephiles need to just get over the fact that both these guys (lebron/durant) are on a level kobe could never reach.

bucketss
04-17-2014, 02:26 PM

atleast he never lost in the first round unlike some people.

Chronz
04-17-2014, 02:27 PM
My point is, who is the second all star on that Dallas championship team? Which leads to my second point.
Im not seeing the relevance to my post then. My post was about any team winning with the likes of Mo Williams as the 2nd best player. You mentioned 2 teams that had more going for them. Can you explain where you were going with this ?

ILLUSIONIST^248
04-17-2014, 02:32 PM

atleast he never lost in the first round unlike some people.

You mean when Kobe took one of the worst teams in nba history to the playoffs, and almost beating a super team? Lol

LionsFan..LOL
04-17-2014, 02:38 PM
Yeah this is nothing but baiting and trolling back and forth. Probably should be closed before it devolves into utter choas... if it hasn't already.