PDA

View Full Version : Bucks to stay in Milwaukee

BudGrant
04-16-2014, 08:42 PM
The Bucks were sold today to a new ownership group which vowed to keep the Bucks in Milwaukee with over $200M already allocated towards construction of a new stadium. With the Bucks being nearly nonexistent over the past few years (possibly 10+) what are your thoughts? Are you glad the Bucks are staying the league or would you have rather had them become the Sonics?

I'm sure not many even care about this thread but this is the best Bucks-related news people in Wisconsin have heard in awhile (besides the departure of Jennings). Additionally, with new ownership in place, it would only seem logical a positive direction will follow. Their comments on planning to contend within 5 years seems to indicate their realistic evaluation of what the roster contains, instead of Herb Kohl promising playoffs every year. Sorry, I didn't provide a link.

benzni
04-16-2014, 08:46 PM
I am glad that they are staying. Milwaukee is a good sports town. Brewers sell well. People have even suggested putting an NHL team there. Bucks have good history and I believe they can turn it around.

*Superman*
04-16-2014, 08:47 PM
Good for the Bucks fans. It has to be tough to lose your team. I hope the Sonics do come back one day though.

KnicksorBust
04-16-2014, 09:40 PM
New owners-Potential Franchise Player in the Draft. Things are looking up.

NBA_Starter
04-16-2014, 09:45 PM
Good deal Bucks

goingfor28
04-16-2014, 10:42 PM
Glad for them

ScottFromCanada
04-16-2014, 10:50 PM
Too bad I wanted them moved to Vancouver.

Vinny642
04-16-2014, 11:27 PM
Its cool the Bucks are staying , but is Milwaukee really a town that basketball players want to play at? Honestly?

Shammyguy3
04-16-2014, 11:42 PM
Its cool the Bucks are staying , but is Milwaukee really a town that basketball players want to play at? Honestly?

Although I've never been to most of these cities, do basketball players really want to play in any of these cities? (serious question by the way):
Portland, Detroit, Cleveland, *Indianapolis, Oklahoma City, Memphis, *Salt Lake City, Minneapolis, San Antonio, New Orleans, Charlotte, Atlanta, and maybe a couple others?

* been there

WolvesJagsOs
04-17-2014, 12:14 AM
Although I've never been to most of these cities, do basketball players really want to play in any of these cities? (serious question by the way):
Portland, Detroit, Cleveland, *Indianapolis, Oklahoma City, Memphis, *Salt Lake City, Minneapolis, San Antonio, New Orleans, Charlotte, Atlanta, and maybe a couple others?

* been there

What is wrong with a lot of those cities? If you aren't in Chicago, LA, or New York do you just ultimately become "awful cities" or what?

I've never understood that argument.

Shammyguy3
04-17-2014, 12:20 AM
Neither have I, but I'm genuinely asking: do players really want to play in the majoirty of NBA cities? What makes MIL the suckiest of suck?

Vinny642
04-17-2014, 12:22 AM
Neither have I, but I'm genuinely asking: do players really want to play in the majoirty of NBA cities? What makes MIL the suckiest of suck?

Very cold, and bland, not very clubby like most ballers are into nowadays. (Not speaking from experience tho)

WolvesJagsOs
04-17-2014, 12:23 AM

As long as they bring in talent and compete, I don't see why.

abe_froman
04-17-2014, 01:14 AM
Very cold, and bland, not very clubby like most ballers are into nowadays. (Not speaking from experience tho)

its actually not that bad,and its not like chi is far away either

Vinny642
04-17-2014, 07:52 AM
its actually not that bad,and its not like chi is far away either

But MJ's history will always keep the Bulls a desirable place

ROY 2 MVP Braun
04-17-2014, 08:30 AM
But MJ's history will always keep the Bulls a desirable place

i think he means like its a 2 hour drive to chi from mil n u can stay there for the weekend for the clubs n whatnot. but even milwaukees night life isnt horrible! not as bad as people would think at least!