PDA

View Full Version : Grant Hill being considered for Pistons GM position

spreadeagle
04-16-2014, 04:07 PM
Pistons vowing broad search for Joe Dumars' successor, but two names already in circulation to be on their list: Scott Perry and Grant Hill-Marc Stein

Hill, on the other hand, has no management or coaching experience. Heck, he was still playing in the NBA last season. Since, hes worked in television. Unless Gores is willing to commit to letting Hill learn on the job, there would assuredly be costly growing pains.

Perry and Hill are both bright and widely considered to have bright futures. The major difference is Perry has relevant experience to back up his readiness.

If Hill, the former Pistons player whod be the much splashier hire, wants to become a general manager, he could probably put himself in position by landing a less front-office job and learning the ropes or finding an owner who values the splashy hire.

Clippersfan86
04-16-2014, 04:10 PM
I'd be so happy for this guy. Ultimate class act, extremely good basketball mind, great leader. I think it would be a nice fresh face to help revive the Pistons. They were such a disappointment this year. I thought they would be a fringe playoff team. I'd be looking to move Monroe for a better wing player and build around Drummond. Package Jennings if possible too.

MrfadeawayJB
04-16-2014, 04:42 PM
He's a piston legend so it makes plenty of sense

P&GRealist
04-16-2014, 04:43 PM
Why not make Perry the GM and Hill as assistant GM?

DetroitBadBoy
04-16-2014, 04:47 PM
I'm just ready to move forward. Mostly worried about obtaining a great coach. I am also hoping the Kings win tonight. :D

ghettosean
04-16-2014, 05:10 PM
They seem to be very loyal to there old players in Detroit... Hope he gets the job though he's always been a super classy player who's career was cut short.... too short.

KnicksorBust
04-16-2014, 05:28 PM
Grant Hill is one of the few NBA players that I've met. Great guy. Wish him the best if he goes for it.

naps
04-16-2014, 06:31 PM
Pistons are already a better franchise that this guy is gone. Should have been gone 7 years ago.

As for replacement, if they are going for a rookie GM why not this guy (http://www.slamonline.com/online/nba/2014/04/chauncey-billups-looking-move-nba-front-office-work/)?

JasonJohnHorn
04-16-2014, 08:29 PM
When Joe Dumars took over as GM, the first thing he had to deal with was his former teammate Grant Hill jumping ship.

Dumars turned that into a sing and trade that landed Ben Wallace, the cornerstone for the Piston's championship.

Now that Dumars is out, they guy who sent Dumars into his first rebuilding mode is may be getting his job. Is that ironic? Or am I using the word wrong?

I love Grant Hill, and Detroit, but I'm not sure I like this. Dumping a guy whose been loyal to the team for decades for a guy who left the team (not that I blame him, and things worked out well for Detroit).

I'm also not so sure Hill will be great for recruiting. He doesn't have the allure of guys who won. Hopefully his scouting is good though. He had great fundamentals and is a great guy.

NBA_Starter
04-16-2014, 08:41 PM
He is a Great guy no doubt but this may not be such a great idea.

effen5
04-17-2014, 01:24 AM
What the hell? Grant Hill played last year? What team?

FlashBolt
04-17-2014, 02:28 AM
What the hell? Grant Hill played last year? What team?

Type Grant Hill on Google. Answer: LAC.

Anyways, well deserved. No experience but he's a legitimate stud. Loved his personality and demeanor. He'll make a great GM just because he's got a great mind.

Deception
04-17-2014, 10:59 AM
Hill, though, has told people close to him he won't consider a front-office position this close to retirement, but down the line when his children get older, he would consider it.
Detroit News, Vincent Goodwill