PDA

View Full Version : Milwaukee Bucks Sold 550 Million

Deception
04-16-2014, 12:45 PM

P&GRealist
04-16-2014, 12:57 PM
Dude, why doesn't the NBA just contract this sorry franchise?

Haven't been relevant since 2001 ECF when they had their big 3 of Allen, Cassell and Robinson.

John Hammond is the worst GM in all of basketball. They tanked horribly this yr like no other. Just a disgusting franchise.

Stunner
04-16-2014, 12:59 PM
That's a lot of cash

Chronz
04-16-2014, 01:00 PM
It actually happened? Woah

Haven't been relevant since 2001 ECF when they had their big 3 of Allen, Cassell and Robinson.

John Hammond is the worst GM in all of basketball. They tanked horribly this yr like no other. Just a disgusting franchise.

They tanked? What makes you think that?

LAKobeBryant
04-16-2014, 01:01 PM
why didn't Seattle group buy it and move it there instead of pursuing for kings before?

RLundi
04-16-2014, 01:04 PM

They'll be relevant again. They have a solid core and a top 3 pick this year. What is your problem?

Stunner
04-16-2014, 01:07 PM
They will most likely get Wiggins IMO

ManRam
04-16-2014, 01:07 PM
They tanked? What makes you think that?

Because we're automatically assigning the word "tank" to each and every team that's bad, duh!

Mr. Kohl bought the team for less than 20 million. Nice little cash out, I'll say.

I still love this team's core. Giannis, Henson and Sanders are a very solid young trio. Add a top-3 pick and that's something nice.

P&GRealist
04-16-2014, 01:10 PM
They'll be relevant again. They have a solid core and a top 3 pick this year. What is your problem?

No problem.

But they had a #1 pick in Andrew Bogut and well, that didn't go well.

They selected Brandon Jennings and well....

They traded away Ray Allen to Seattle for Gary Payton, who was there for half a season before bolting in free agency to the Lakers.

P&GRealist
04-16-2014, 01:11 PM
Because we're automatically assigning the word "tank" to each and every team that's bad, duh!

Mr. Kohl bought the team for less than 20 million. Nice little cash out, I'll say.

I still love this team's core. Giannis, Henson and Sanders are a very solid young trio. Add a top-3 pick and that's something nice.

Well aren't you a meanly mouth smart-***?

Know your limits kid.

ManRam
04-16-2014, 01:15 PM
Well aren't you a meanly mouth smart-***?

Know your limits kid.

It's called sarcasm! I'm in agreement with Chronz. Just because they were bad doesn't mean they "tanked". I don't think they did at all...they're just banged up, young, and generally not good.

I hope your post was sarcasm, kid!

Deception
04-16-2014, 01:18 PM
why didn't Seattle group buy it and move it there instead of pursuing for kings before?

Kohl, the longtime U.S. senator, made keeping the team in Milwaukee a condition of the sale.
Per ESPN

muelly
It's called sarcasm! I'm in agreement with Chronz. Just because they were bad doesn't mean they "tanked". I don't think they did at all...they're just banged up, young, and generally not good.

You played a huge role along with injuries to guys we expected to have bigger roles (sanders/ersan/mayo) We projected those 3 as starters.

abe_froman
hopefully they can turn things around

JEDean89
04-16-2014, 01:28 PM
they have giannis antentokoumpo, i would do anything for giannis antentokoumpo.

king4day
04-16-2014, 01:30 PM
Any word if the plan is to keep them in Milwaukee?

Some might think it's not an attractive destination but once you gain some talent, the eyes see what they want to see. Stars will go there if they draft well and play the trade game right.

P&GRealist
04-16-2014, 01:35 PM

Yes, of course it was.

abe_froman
04-16-2014, 01:37 PM
Any word if the plan is to keep them in Milwaukee?

Some might think it's not an attractive destination but once you gain some talent, the eyes see what they want to see. Stars will go there if they draft well and play the trade game right.
it was a condition of the sale

North Yorker
04-16-2014, 01:52 PM
Yea, Milwaukee is looking pretty good for the future. Giannis, Knight, Henson, Sanders, + Wiggins/Parker/Embid is a very nice foundation to build on. Not a ton of cap space to work with, but plenty of young talent.

BHF
04-16-2014, 02:05 PM
Draft Wiggins and move the team to Canada :)

Sly Guy
04-16-2014, 02:08 PM
$550 million is a lot of cash for a lot of crap.

kobe4thewinbang
04-16-2014, 03:29 PM
NBA.com said the arena is dilapidated, but didn't they just redo it at the start of the season? Remember--it was too slippery (lol)?

Ebbs
04-16-2014, 03:49 PM
Can will they be moved?

nickdymez
04-16-2014, 04:02 PM

ManRam and Chronz are two of the "respected" posters around here, so they talk like everything they say is the end all be all.

But honestly, the Bucks needed to be sold or removed from the league.

shep33
04-16-2014, 04:05 PM
Someone got ripped off

Crackadalic
04-16-2014, 04:34 PM
For some reason I can see the bucks getting the number one pick now. Let the conspiracy talk start now!!

THE MTL
04-16-2014, 05:46 PM
I didn't think that team was worth that much money. I would have thought maybe 300-400 mil

hgtiger32
04-16-2014, 06:24 PM
For some reason I can see the bucks getting the number one pick now. Let the conspiracy talk start now!!

Yes. Talk about a conspiracy when the worst team in the NBA gets the 1st pick.

Crackadalic
04-16-2014, 06:38 PM
Yes. Talk about a conspiracy when the worst team in the NBA gets the 1st pick.

The worse team almost never gets the number one pick. This isn't the nfl

Only 3 teams in the lottery era has a team with the worse record won it

Going by what I remember wizards owner leonsis bought the team and the same year the get the number one pick

2011 cavs lose lebron gets the number one pick

2012 lost cp3 gets the number one pick

Just a few iffy things

The bucks sale just feeds the already burning fire for theorist. Not making a big deal but it's fun to discuss about it

If anything the bucks should be happy about all this

Bruno
04-17-2014, 01:53 AM
the current owner bought the team for 18 million dollars. he ran the team into the ground for 30 years and now gets to sell the team for $550 million. from a free market/incentive stand point, i have a major problem with that.

at the end of the day, the team is worth what it is worth, but I think its a bit pathetic how this owners asset became so valuable based off the hard work, investment and business davy of other owners (such as Jerry Buss, Mark Cuban, the list goes on).

this guy is getting a massive payout for a team that has been garbage since 1985. talk about taking zero risk and allowing others around you do the work for you. let me come back in my second life as the guy who buys the Bucks for 18 million dollars and gets to sell them for $550 million after 30 years of failure :laugh2: