PDA

View Full Version : Should Brooklyn Rest Their Starters to Avoid Chicago?

Tony_Starks
04-16-2014, 01:37 AM
In all likelihood Washington will take care of business against Boston. That leaves BK vs Cavs. Would you tank the game to avoid the Bulls?

Not saying the Raptors are a pushover but I absolutely would not want to play the Bulls in the first round. Play too hard, too well coached.

P&GRealist
04-16-2014, 01:38 AM
I think you're sleeping on the Raptors.

Tony_Starks
04-16-2014, 01:41 AM

Not really. Their backcourt will give those old legs some problems but their defense isn't as good as Chicago...

Deception
04-16-2014, 01:57 AM
I don't think they should rest for a different opponent, but they should rest just to give them some energy for the post season.

TheMightyHumph
04-16-2014, 02:05 AM
I'd rather Nets play Bulls, and tonight's Nets' game makes me feel stronger about that.

Doesn't mean Nets will beat the Bulls, but that's my opinion.

JayW_1023
04-16-2014, 02:40 AM
I sure hope not. That series will be total carnage. We need at least one first round series like that.

Tony_Starks
04-16-2014, 02:48 AM
I sure hope not. That series will be total carnage. We need at least one first round series like that.

From our fan perspective sure. I'm saying from the BK perspective if you can get your old team some legit rest AND avoid a knock down drag out first round fight it seems like killing two birds with one stone....

Gibby
04-16-2014, 02:59 AM
As a raptor fan, I think the Nets matchup better with the raptors. If they can avoid the bulls then they should. Nets play a small lineup and would get exploited by the bulls. Livingston/Johnson/Anderson can hold their own against the raptors backcourt. I still pick the raptors over the nets in a series.

However raptors can lose wedneday and drop to the 4th spot so it can backfire.

Crackadalic
04-16-2014, 05:12 AM
I actually think last year's bull's team was a worse matchup because you not only have great defense but also shot creators like Nate and Marco

This year? Nobody.

And if they shut down Noah's playmaking it's over

The worse matchup is Toronto. Brooklyn can't deal with athletic teams and young backcourts. Still think they win the series but it will be tougher then The bulls series

archdevil84
04-16-2014, 07:12 AM
but if they so avoid chicago and beat the raptors, they wil be facing the heat. at this point of the season i'd rather face the pacers then the heat if you have bigs that can defend

Cal827
04-16-2014, 07:14 AM
After seeing the Nets play over the past bit, I think I would prefer them in the first round over the Wizards or especially the Bobcats lol

But, from their perspective, Toronto would likely be the more ideal matchup

pebloemer
04-16-2014, 07:59 AM
Raptors don't have the 3rd seed clinched. Falling to 6th might make a matchup against Toronto, but there are still different ways this can shake out. A Raptors loss and a Chicago win put Toronto in 4th.

I'm of the belief that you try to win regardless of the potential matchups. I think the message you tell your players is that you think they can compete regardless of matchup and let he chips fall where they may.

tr3ymill3r
04-16-2014, 08:02 AM
I think they should, because I think those 2 teams might have small chances at knocking out both the Pacers and Heat.

Sly Guy
04-16-2014, 09:17 AM
As a raptor fan, I think the Nets matchup better with the raptors. If they can avoid the bulls then they should. Nets play a small lineup and would get exploited by the bulls. Livingston/Johnson/Anderson can hold their own against the raptors backcourt. I still pick the raptors over the nets in a series.

However raptors can lose wedneday and drop to the 4th spot so it can backfire.

but the eye test of the regular season games has me believing the opposite. Val has been ineffective in every game vs them as plumlee has his number. JJ has torched us. Pierce always plays us tough and his length makes it hard for ross or dero to guard him.

I'd much rather see an inexperienced bobcats or wizards team against us in round 1. Preferably the Wiz, their team is based around offense, and ours around defense. Playoff basketball slows the game down and benefits the defensive team more. And I like lowry better than wall, dero better than beal.

my $0.02

king4day
04-16-2014, 09:26 AM
How does the second round potentially shake out if the Nets fall back a spot? Wouldn't they now get Miami if they play and beat Toronto?

D-Leethal
04-16-2014, 09:39 AM
BK might match up well with Miami's small ball but I don't see them beating either team. TO's quick guards will destroy them and even their bigs will pound them inside. Chicago plays too hard, play too tough, play too big, they will win the psychological game just like they did last year and Noah will steal their soul once again.

akagiredsuns
04-16-2014, 10:09 AM
I actually think last year's bull's team was a worse matchup because you not only have great defense but also shot creators like Nate and Marco

This year? Nobody.

And if they shut down Noah's playmaking it's over

The worse matchup is Toronto. Brooklyn can't deal with athletic teams and young backcourts. Still think they win the series but it will be tougher then The bulls series

I'm sorry. Have you even seen the bulls this year? Augustin, Gibson and Dunleavy have been able to create. Bulls are very balanced. You are completely clueless. Please stop while ur behind. :facepalm:

Tony_Starks
04-16-2014, 10:30 AM
How does the second round potentially shake out if the Nets fall back a spot? Wouldn't they now get Miami if they play and beat Toronto?

Yeah if the nets fall to 6 they would see Miami in the second round if they advance. That's a matchup I think they would love!

Sly Guy
04-16-2014, 10:36 AM
and all this talk from seeds 3 and lower about who they're rather play in the 2nd round is a little ridiculous too. No one past indy or miami should have round 2 in their heads yet. Way too many reasonably matched teams to guarantee anything yet.

BHF
04-16-2014, 11:53 AM
I am a raptor fan and i have watched 50+ nets games this season and i think the nets would beat us right now, I don't wanna play them in the first round.

Stinkyoutsider
04-16-2014, 12:19 PM
I know the Nets have some age but playing the Bulls in the 1st round will hopefully give the Nets that jolt of energy and hustle they need to be a competitive playoff team. I know the Bulls will bring everything they can to the series so this could work out 2 ways for the Nets.

They can answer the Bulls energy with their own or they'll lose the series. If the Nets can play at the Bulls level of energy and hustle, I think the Nets will be a tough out for anyone.

koreancabbage
04-16-2014, 12:34 PM
I know the Nets have some age but playing the Bulls in the 1st round will hopefully give the Nets that jolt of energy and hustle they need to be a competitive playoff team. I know the Bulls will bring everything they can to the series so this could work out 2 ways for the Nets.

They can answer the Bulls energy with their own or they'll lose the series. If the Nets can play at the Bulls level of energy and hustle, I think the Nets will be a tough out for anyone.

no **** Sherlock. they win, they move on. they lose, they're out.

king4day
04-16-2014, 02:14 PM
Yeah if the nets fall to 6 they would see Miami in the second round if they advance. That's a matchup I think they would love!

So Miami doesn't necessarily have the 'easy road' as some are expecting.

Stunner
04-16-2014, 02:22 PM
I hope Cha give Miami trouble

king4day
04-16-2014, 02:29 PM
I hope Cha give Miami trouble

I just hope Charlotte can take a game and get off the winless playoff snide.

Chronz
04-16-2014, 02:34 PM
I would rather avoid Toronto for some reason, I feel like Talent is more important than coaching/experience. Might be wrong here but I would take whatever seed prevents me from playing Miami until the Finals.

Tony_Starks
04-16-2014, 02:34 PM
So Miami doesn't necessarily have the 'easy road' as some are expecting.

If they don't have to face the Nets they do. They can run through Charlotte and the Raptors but they don't want to see the Nets.

Nets beat them all 4 times this year, it's just a bad matchup for them. Plus Pierce and KG hate the Heat with a passion so they keep the team fired up.

Guppyfighter
04-16-2014, 02:41 PM
Not really. Their backcourt will give those old legs some problems but their defense isn't as good as Chicago...

The Raptors and Heat are the only teams in the East that are both top ten in offense and defense.

BALLER R
04-16-2014, 02:53 PM
I hope they face Toronto. Toronto can beat them. People aren't giving them any credit at all. Raptors will not just lay down and let the Nets walk to the second round. They will have to earn it.

That series can go 4-2 or 4-3 for either team.

c smooth1810
04-16-2014, 03:22 PM
Toronto would be an easier matchup for the Nets for sure... No disrespect to the Raptors but they just have never been here before and we don't know how or if they will show up not to mention they won't be as physical as Chicago would be. Chicago will beat up whoever they play win or lose and teams don't want to go through that... Especially before you have to play Miami.

Any team can win any series in the East's 3-6 it is just about who gets out without any injuries or getting warn out

Chill_Will_24
04-16-2014, 04:31 PM
Yes. I think the Nets have what it takes now to beat CHI but at what cost? Facing the Raps then a second round matchup vs MIA is preferable to me than a grueling series vs the Bulls a tough matchup vs a team we have yet to beat in IND and finally the Heat

We have to see MIA no matter what. If this team is serious about winning a title why not face them early and rested as opposed to in the Finals?

Chill_Will_24
04-16-2014, 04:35 PM
The question imo is does Washington have any incentive to win tonight. BOS has incentive to lose for many reasons no less of which is that if they lose and BKN loses tonight they get a higher pick from Brooklyn.

However what incentive do the Wizards have to face CHI? They have beaten them 3-1 this year but that's about it.

Speaking of the Wizards that's another team the Nets absolutely do not want to see so they are in trouble if they have to face them

P&GRealist
04-16-2014, 04:45 PM
I don't think it has anything to do with the Bulls.

If anything, I think the Nets would rather be in the same bracket as the Heat (seeing as how well they matched up with them in the regular season) rather than the Pacers. Nets are already offensively inept at times and facing a tough Indy defense for 7 games spells disaster.

Heat are good defensively as well, just not at the level of Indiana defense. Much rather think if they get past the 1st rd, the Nets would want to see the Heat moreso than the Pacers in the 2nd rd.

Chill_Will_24
04-16-2014, 04:56 PM
I don't think it has anything to do with the Bulls.

If anything, I think the Nets would rather be in the same bracket as the Heat (seeing as how well they matched up with them in the regular season) rather than the Pacers. Nets are already offensively inept at times and facing a tough Indy defense for 7 games spells disaster.

Heat are good defensively as well, just not at the level of Indiana defense. Much rather think if they get past the 1st rd, the Nets would want to see the Heat moreso than the Pacers in the 2nd rd.

It's both. They match up terribly vs IND. West will kill Pierce. As bad as Hibbert has been he is too big for KG. They have athletic wings and their depth rivals that of the Nets so no advantage there for BKN. Their only advantage on paper is the struggling DWill

As far as the Bulls I think they can beat them and I think the Nets know it. The problem is how much will it cost. No series vs Chicago is ever easy and the Nets are old.

The Heat I think the Nets are confident vs and I don't think the Nets care when they face them; they are more focused on making sure they GET to the Heat which is no guarantee if facing CHI then IND

Tony_Starks
04-16-2014, 08:57 PM
Gayson Collins and Gutierrez are playing so I guess that answers that.....

NBA_Starter
04-16-2014, 09:24 PM
Resting them is not a bad idea but not necessarily just to avoid a team.

Yanks All Day
04-16-2014, 09:43 PM
I think all teams should want to avoid Chicago. Not necessarily because the Bulls will knock them out, but because of how grueling a series it'll be. It's a guaranteed fight, and it'll take plenty out of you, especially for the first series. Chicago's offensive struggles don't pose a serious threat to any top team, but I'd want to avoid the Bulls for the toughness reason alone.

FriedTofuz
04-16-2014, 09:49 PM
Nets are a pathetic team, their only perceived way of winning a playoff series is to face an inexperienced playoff team.
The nets are reallly sleeping on the raptos but go ahead nets, if this is the kind of poison you want, so be it.
Lowry is the best player of this series and he is NOT losing in the first round.

FriedTofuz
04-16-2014, 09:50 PM
Thread should be renamed to " should brooklyn rest their starts to face what they perceive as an easy matchup vs the Raptors"
Mods please change it, thanks.

ohreally
04-16-2014, 09:54 PM
I don't know if the Nets really care about the first round. Both teams can be a problem, but if Brooklyn is playing well they can and probably should beat either. BUT Chicago is definitely going to beat you up a bit, and going from there to face Indy could be a problem. I think they figure if they get past Toronto they will do it in better shape AND face a team that they feel they match up with better in the Heat. That way they would then either face the Bulls or a somewhat beat up Indy in the ECF if they could get past the Heat.

All sound in its way, but planning like this often backfires. Still, getting various guys some rest can't be a bad thing.

bathroom_man
04-16-2014, 09:55 PM

gayson collins. haha. lots of laugh

FriedTofuz
04-16-2014, 09:58 PM

I dont understand why it matters to you if he's gay and to disfigure his name like that. Please explain?

JC_
04-16-2014, 10:00 PM
I hope the Raptors destroy the Nets in the first round.

bathroom_man
04-16-2014, 10:02 PM
I dont understand why it matters to you if he's gay and to disfigure his name like that. Please explain?

because he is gay. thats why its ok to make fun of..
but really its all for a good laugh bro, good for him hes gay

Robbw241
04-16-2014, 10:05 PM
Yes, a series with the Bulls would be a 7 game blood bath that either way would drain us for the second round. Toronto is a good team but not the physical battle the Bulls would be.

Chill_Will_24
04-16-2014, 10:12 PM
Nets are a pathetic team, their only perceived way of winning a playoff series is to face an inexperienced playoff team.
The nets are reallly sleeping on the raptos but go ahead nets, if this is the kind of poison you want, so be it.
Lowry is the best player of this series and he is NOT losing in the first round.

Lol JKidd is so awesome

Chill_Will_24
04-16-2014, 10:18 PM
Yes, a series with the Bulls would be a 7 game blood bath that either way would drain us for the second round. Toronto is a good team but not the physical battle the Bulls would be.

The Raps are overrated. Lowry playing for a contract is the reason they are good. Their defense has been whack lately and they have looked every bit as inexperienced and vulnerable as the Nets think they are.

Playoffs are about matchups. There are 2 teams the Nets want to avoid matchup wise; IND and WAS. CHI they wish to avoid not cuz they will lose but because win or lose it will be rough.

Tonight they avoided the Bulls in the first round and the Pacers in the second while setting up a short first round series

Crackadalic
04-16-2014, 10:21 PM
Looks like Toronto vs brooklyn 1st round

Toxeryll
04-16-2014, 10:24 PM
Alright. This is a good test for the Raps against the Nets. Should be a fun series.

Tony_Starks
04-16-2014, 10:28 PM
Smart move by Brooklyn. If they can get past Toronto they're going to get just what they've been asking for....

FriedTofuz
04-16-2014, 10:41 PM
The Raps are overrated. Lowry playing for a contract is the reason they are good. Their defense has been whack lately and they have looked every bit as inexperienced and vulnerable as the Nets think they are.

Playoffs are about matchups. There are 2 teams the Nets want to avoid matchup wise; IND and WAS. CHI they wish to avoid not cuz they will lose but because win or lose it will be rough.

Tonight they avoided the Bulls in the first round and the Pacers in the second while setting up a short first round series

it's the same constant ignorance that has people saying the same things over and over again.

"The east sucks" Yet the raptors are 14-9 against the west
"The raptors wouldnt make the playoffs in the west" 14-9 vs the west, with losses against only San antonio and the cliippers.

"Lowry is on a contract year" if you watched lowry over the past few years he has been balling but because of his attitude and off-court issues he's not meshed in well.

So please, for the the tuture, before you say ignorant statements, consider what i'm saying and then legitimately counter with an argument that makes sense. THank you.

Chill_Will_24
04-16-2014, 10:41 PM
Smart move by Brooklyn. If they can get past Toronto they're going to get just what they've been asking for....

I got MIA winning that series in 6 but still, if they really wanna win a title they have to go through MIA so why not early while rested after a short series vs Toronto?

FriedTofuz
04-16-2014, 10:43 PM
Sig bet with the next nets fan who says the nets will beat the raptors. Loser deletes account. How about it?

bucketss
04-16-2014, 10:43 PM

so you're gonna ignore the all star shooting guard on our team, who is btw better than anyone on the nets.

FriedTofuz
04-16-2014, 10:44 PM
I got MIA winning that series in 6 but still, if they really wanna win a title they have to go through MIA so why not early while rested after a short series vs Toronto?

Short? you're ignorance is annoying, look at the scores for the games vs toronto and tell me the point differential. you honestly think it's going to be that easy and short? If so, then this should be a no brainer for you.

sig bet, raptors will beat the nets in the playoffs. Loser Deletes account. Done deal?

BALLER R
04-16-2014, 10:45 PM
Be careful what you ask for. Net just added another chip on the Raptors shoulder.

Chill_Will_24
04-16-2014, 10:47 PM

it's the same constant ignorance that has people saying the same things over and over again.

"The east sucks" Yet the raptors are 14-9 against the west
"The raptors wouldnt make the playoffs in the west" 14-9 vs the west, with losses against only San antonio and the cliippers.

"Lowry is on a contract year" if you watched lowry over the past few years he has been balling but because of his attitude and off-court issues he's not meshed in well.

So please, for the the tuture, before you say ignorant statements, consider what i'm saying and then legitimately counter with an argument that makes sense. THank you.

Lol bro.. it's ok. I promise Brooklyn will make it short and quick. :)

As for Lowry he was always an underrated player but this year he is balling out of his mind. I'll see how he does next year after the Raps overpay him

bucketss
04-16-2014, 10:49 PM
nets fans talked a lot of smack against the bulls last year, than they ended getting embarrassed in a series they thought they had locked up.

KnicksorBust
Sig bet with the next nets fan who says the nets will beat the raptors. Loser deletes account. How about it?

Too bad I am not a Nets fan.

Chill_Will_24

Lmao a bit childish, no? I'm down though. I ain't DMF. I'll keep my word. ;)

FriedTofuz
04-16-2014, 10:52 PM
Here's to all the ignorance with people about the nets.

First and foremost here's the results for the two teams.

@Toronto 100-102 , Nets win
@Brooklyn 97-101, Nets win
@Brooklyn 104-103, Raptors win
@Toronto 96-80, Raptors win

The games have been decided by an average of 2.33 points in thought tight games, while the 4th game ( which occured in january when the nets were " hot" ) ended in a blowout loss to the raptors.

From these basic stats, the raptors have blown out the nets even while they were hot. The raptors have the best two players in the series ( lowry and derozen). No nets player is having a season like either of them, and the raptors may be inexperienced but their coach has won a championship, he'll do just find with his team. I think a lot of you underestimate the Toronto's home court. They havent had the playoffs in YEARS, and have had a terrific season. THeir team is poised to defend home court and have home court advantage.

I dont see the nets beating the raptors, but if you do, please sig bet with me, so we can delete your account after you lose and rid the forum of slighly less ignorance.

siix
04-16-2014, 10:54 PM
raps going to beat the nets 4-2....nets are overrated

Chill_Will_24
04-16-2014, 10:56 PM

so you're gonna ignore the all star shooting guard on our team, who is btw better than anyone on the nets.

Cmon man. You're gonna throw the word "all star" around like that and prove what? It's all about matchups. Your "all star" got abused in the post by Joe Johnson through the season.

You guys could possibly gut out one or two wins in a series vs us but let's be real here. We have too many guys that you guys have to guard and our defense is solid.

Also there aren't any back to backs in the playoffs which irrc all the Raptors close wins vs the Nets were on back ends of b2b with rotation players missing.

I have no fear of the Raps and the ppl within the Nets who are paid millions to know this game just blatantly tanked 2 games straight to meet the Raps. You think they fear the Raps? Don't you think there is a reason for them wanting the Raps?

Chill_Will_24
04-16-2014, 10:58 PM
nets fans talked a lot of smack against the bulls last year, than they ended getting embarrassed in a series they thought they had locked up.

I talked no smack to Bulls fans. I never thought the Nets would win that series playing 3 on 5. Hell I was shocked they made it a series.

Raptors aren't the Bulls

FriedTofuz
04-16-2014, 10:58 PM
Cmon man. You're gonna throw the word "all star" around like that and prove what? It's all about matchups. Your "all star" got abused in the post by Joe Johnson through the season.

You guys could possibly gut out one or two wins in a series vs us but let's be real here. We have too many guys that you guys have to guard and our defense is solid.

Also there aren't any back to backs in the playoffs which irrc all the Raptors close wins vs the Nets were on back ends of b2b with rotation players missing.

I have no fear of the Raps and the ppl within the Nets who are paid millions to know this game just blatantly tanked 2 games straight to meet the Raps. You think they fear the Raps? Don't you think there is a reason for them wanting the Raps?

okay sig bet me. loser deletes account ;)

canzano55
04-16-2014, 10:59 PM
Raptors vs the retirement home lol

LanceUpperCut
04-16-2014, 11:00 PM

Any team that has to tank to try to match up doesn't scare me. Playoff experience is overrated, especially since most of it is from PP and KG two guys I'm not to worried about.

bucketss
04-16-2014, 11:04 PM

the reason is simple, you're afraid of the bulls

Vampirate
04-16-2014, 11:05 PM
All i'm going to say is if the Raptors take the series to 7 games or wins the series, it's going to make the Nets look foolish.

Chill_Will_24
04-16-2014, 11:06 PM
Here's to all the ignorance with people about the nets.

First and foremost here's the results for the two teams.

@Toronto 100-102 , Nets win
@Brooklyn 97-101, Nets win
@Brooklyn 104-103, Raptors win
@Toronto 96-80, Raptors win

The games have been decided by an average of 2.33 points in thought tight games, while the 4th game ( which occured in january when the nets were " hot" ) ended in a blowout loss to the raptors.

From these basic stats, the raptors have blown out the nets even while they were hot. The raptors have the best two players in the series ( lowry and derozen). No nets player is having a season like either of them, and the raptors may be inexperienced but their coach has won a championship, he'll do just find with his team. I think a lot of you underestimate the Toronto's home court. They havent had the playoffs in YEARS, and have had a terrific season. THeir team is poised to defend home court and have home court advantage.

I dont see the nets beating the raptors, but if you do, please sig bet with me, so we can delete your account after you lose and rid the forum of slighly less ignorance.

There are no back to backs and this time we will be at full strength. Does that not register with you?

The Nets were the worst team on back to backs losing to teams like ORL and BOS and getting blownout.

No b2b games vs the Raps now.

Also I apologize if you think I'm talking smack. I simply see nothing about the Raps the Nets should fear.

As for this 2 best players nonsense, that is wildly subjective. The Nets best players have all taken reduced roles so of course on the surface you would think you have the best players but I would honestly take Johnson over Derozan if we are ignoring contracts as well as Deron and Pierce and Garnett over Lowry. Just imo. Stats don't tell the story

As for your lol sig bet I said I'm down bro

bucketss
04-16-2014, 11:06 PM
Any team that has to tank to try to match up doesn't scare me. Playoff experience is overrated, especially since most of it is from PP and KG two guys I'm not to worried about.

not to mention their best player is perennial play-off choker joe johnson.

BALLER R
04-16-2014, 11:07 PM
People just disrespecting toronto. Mind you they're 42-22 since trading Rudy.

Tony_Starks
04-16-2014, 11:23 PM
Raptor fans looking kind of emotional right now. Relax. You guys have a decent lil team. The thread wasn't even about the Raptors it was about avoiding the Bulls because they playing bruising basketball.

If you're confident your team will win then good job, enjoy the playoffs. No need to get sensitive and defensive, don't pull a Rocket fans on us.....

Chill_Will_24
04-16-2014, 11:26 PM

Deron Williams, Kirilenko, and Johnson all have a lot of playoff exp. You serious?

Also if anything playoff exp is underrated. When was the last time a young team won a title or a team with no playoff experience went to the Finals without a Lebron?

FriedTofuz
04-16-2014, 11:28 PM
As for your lol sig bet I said I'm down bro
Okay, add my name and the conditions to your sig.

Chill_Will_24
04-16-2014, 11:29 PM

the reason is simple, you're afraid of the bulls

Playoffs are about matchups sir. Bulls are a dangerous team to anyone. Anyone faulting the Nets for avoiding the tougher road with two terrible matchups is delusional or just a butt hurt Raps fan cuz iirc the Nets are now in the Heat bracket and they are no pushovers.

Chill_Will_24
04-16-2014, 11:30 PM
All i'm going to say is if the Raptors take the series to 7 games or wins the series, it's going to make the Nets look foolish.

Agreed. Will not happen though.

Stunner
04-16-2014, 11:31 PM
Can y'all at least know how to quote things ? Lol

Chill_Will_24
04-16-2014, 11:34 PM

not to mention their best player is perennial play-off choker joe johnson.

They have no best player. You guys put too much stock on the "all star" label.

This team has a lot of great players and no superstar. They have all stepped up at one point or another depending on the matchup. They create mismatches and attack them with the theory that you can't defend everyone at once. Too many good players.

canzano55
04-16-2014, 11:39 PM
The Nets are so old that after the game if the get any "action" it just means that they had supper without fiber.

Chill_Will_24
04-16-2014, 11:41 PM
The Nets are so old that after the game if the get any "action" it just means that they had supper without fiber.

That's cute considering every team that has won a title in recent memory has been "old"

canzano55
04-16-2014, 11:44 PM
That's cute considering every team that has won a title in recent memory has been "old"The Nets are so old that I bet those ****** still use flip-phones.

:rimshot:

FriedTofuz
04-16-2014, 11:46 PM
Can y'all at least know how to quote things ? Lol

want to join the bet too?

canzano55
04-16-2014, 11:50 PM
Ladies and Gentleman!! Your Brooklyn Nets!!!!

:oldguy: :oldguy: :oldguy: :oldguy: :oldguy: :oldguy: :oldguy:

aman_13
04-16-2014, 11:53 PM
Raptor fans looking kind of emotional right now. Relax. You guys have a decent lil team. The thread wasn't even about the Raptors it was about avoiding the Bulls because they playing bruising basketball.

If you're confident your team will win then good job, enjoy the playoffs. No need to get sensitive and defensive, don't pull a Rocket fans on us.....

How dare youuu :mad:

king4day
04-16-2014, 11:57 PM
Nets/Raps will be a fun first round.
So Miami's 'plan' to not go for the 1 seed backfires since they'd get Brooklyn if they advance (assuming that was there plan).
NBA has to be happy with this. Not sure how many people would watch Washington/Toronto. They have exciting teams but no mega stars.

Chill_Will_24
04-16-2014, 11:58 PM
Ladies and Gentleman!! Your Brooklyn Nets!!!!

:oldguy: :oldguy: :oldguy: :oldguy: :oldguy: :oldguy: :oldguy:

Lol Terrence Ross asked for this. He publicly said he wanted the Nets. Let's see what he's got

Chill_Will_24
04-16-2014, 11:59 PM
Nets/Raps will be a fun first round.
So Miami's 'plan' to not go for the 1 seed backfires since they'd get Brooklyn if they advance (assuming that was there plan).
NBA has to be happy with this. Not sure how many people would watch Washington/Toronto. They have exciting teams but no mega stars.

Heat ain't scared of the Nets. I still can't see any team beating them

king4day
04-17-2014, 12:04 AM

No but if you can pick between Washington/Toronto or Brooklyn/Chicago, it's an easy choice. If that was their plan, it backfired. They will get to the finals regardless but if they play the Nets, it's going to be a long physical series. Then they may have to go and play another physical team in Indy (without HCA). Little things like that can make a difference.

From the outside looking in, that's what I hope happens.

Chill_Will_24
04-17-2014, 12:06 AM

No but if you can pick between Washington/Toronto or Brooklyn/Chicago, it's an easy choice. If that was their plan, it backfired. They will get to the finals regardless but if they play the Nets, it's going to be a long physical series. Then they may have to go and play another physical team in Indy (without HCA). Little things like that can make a difference.

From the outside looking in, that's what I hope happens.

True true

Sadds The Gr8
04-17-2014, 12:07 AM

LOL by who? nobody respects the raptors at all

Stunner
04-17-2014, 12:13 AM
want to join the bet too?

The hell I'm not worried about y'all teams unless we make the finals lol

DoMeFavors
04-17-2014, 12:45 AM
Either was fine by me. Nets have their focus on Heat in 2nd round, if they faced Raptors or Bulls it would be a blowout. You saw what happened when Nets played playoff ball against Heat this yr and swept them. Nobody wants the Nets in the playoffs, we fine with anyone. Nobody wants us!

DoMeFavors
04-17-2014, 12:48 AM
LOL by who? nobody respects the raptors at all

confidence is an issue, nets know they would sweep the raptors. Raptors are scared of the nets, and know the players the nets have.

kozelkid
04-17-2014, 12:49 AM
Either was fine by me. Nets have their focus on Heat in 2nd round, if they faced Raptors or Bulls it would be a blowout. You saw what happened when Nets played playoff ball against Heat this yr and swept them. Nobody wants the Nets in the playoffs, we fine with anyone. Nobody wants us!

You said that last year. Only to see them spanked on their own floor in game 7. :(

DoMeFavors
04-17-2014, 12:55 AM
You said that last year. Only to see them spanked on their own floor in game 7. :(

Nets know what is at stake, they been talking title all year. They arent losing to the raptors, the nets players know how to win on the road.

Cal827
04-17-2014, 01:03 AM
Nets know what is at stake, they been talking title all year. They arent losing to the raptors, the nets players know how to win on the road.

So do the Raptors lol. We're tied for the best road team in the East. With the teams that could have finished sixth, I'm pretty sure the Raptors were happy that it was them and not the Bobcats lol

I think this series is going to go fairly long, whoever wins it. I don't think the Raptors are push-overs like you and Chill Will say they are.

P&GRealist
04-17-2014, 01:05 AM

Just beat the heat in round 2 please

effen5
04-17-2014, 01:06 AM

Are you just copying and pasting comments from last years playoffs?

DoMeFavors
04-17-2014, 01:08 AM
So do the Raptors lol. We're tied for the best road team in the East.

I think this series is going to go fairly long, whoever wins it. I don't think the Raptors are push-overs like you and Chill Will say they are.

oh so you are are just going to disrespect the nets like that and give them no credit at all? difference between the two is raptors havent gained playoff respect yet. Havent made playoffs in 6 years, really no playoff games under the players belt. While Kevin Garnett alone has played triple the amount of playoff games than your entire team combined.
From a non biased stand point I think the raptors are going to be shook and not know what is in for them. They are too young to beat a vet expierenced team. Are they going to feel the pressure and know how to knock down important free throws? And for your information Nets have one of the best home records in east.

ScottFromCanada
04-17-2014, 01:08 AM
I think the Raptors should install a giant cage in the audience so that we can have Drake and Jay-z fight each other for team loyalty.

DoMeFavors
04-17-2014, 01:09 AM
Are you just copying and pasting comments from last years playoffs?

last yrs playoffs? you mean the one that could have went either way? it was a close series, bulls pulled it out it can happen to anyone.

effen5
04-17-2014, 01:10 AM
inb4 nets get upset again.

ScottFromCanada
04-17-2014, 01:10 AM
oh so you are are just going to disrespect the nets like that and give them no credit at all? difference between the two is raptors havent gained playoff respect yet. Havent made playoffs in 6 years, really no playoff games under the players belt. While Kevin Garnett alone has played triple the amount of playoff games than your entire team combined.
From a non biased stand point I think the raptors are going to be shook and not know what is in for them. They are too young to beat a vet expierenced team. Are they going to feel the pressure and know how to knock down important free throws? And for your information Nets have one of the best home records in east.

Jonas is going to go on another drinking and driving rage and crash his SUV into the nets bus watch.

effen5
04-17-2014, 01:19 AM
last yrs playoffs? you mean the one that could have went either way? it was a close series, bulls pulled it out it can happen to anyone.

So be honest Bulls fans after we sweep you will you say "Noah was hurt and Rose didnt play excuse?" I expect you to give us full credit not that its a lot of credit because your team is inferior.

According to you the series should have been a sweep. :(

Cal827
04-17-2014, 01:22 AM

1. What playoff history do the Nets have over the past 6 years? I don't believe they made the playoffs once until last year, when Chicago outlasted them in 7, with the game 7 loss happening in New Jersey (which kinda gets in the way of acquiring a ton of playoff respect, although since it was a 4-5 matchup, isn't as significant)

2. I mentioned the series would be a fairly long one, how exactly is that disrespectful? Just like you, I might have a little bias since I'm a Raptor fan. I think Toronto in 6-7 games, as I know you think the Nets are going to win. We will see though, cause the teams are close.

3. Yes, we don't have much playoff experience and KG probably has more than our whole team. Ditto Pierce. But this isn't the Pierce/KG that were on the Celtics (where they picked up the playoff experience). Both are older, and while it is true that the age gives experience, I'm not exactly sure if they are at a point where they can massively contribute to the team's victory. Didn't KG just return from an injury? You are going to need another bench player come forth for the Nets to be able to pull of the upset IMO (Blatche, Plumbee, etc)
I also am not sure about your coach.

4. So on the arguments on home and road records, we can conclude that the Raptors and Nets can win games at Home and on the Road. Lol, Progress has been made on PSD today :dance:

Cal827
04-17-2014, 01:26 AM
This should be a good series Ladies and Gentlemen.... I'll see half of you in the Village of the Banned in the next couple of weeks :D

DoMeFavors
04-17-2014, 01:27 AM
1. What playoff history do the Nets have over the past 6 years? I don't believe they made the playoffs once until last year, when Chicago outlasted them in 7, with the game 7 loss happening in New Jersey (which kinda gets in the way of acquiring a ton of playoff respect, although since it was a 4-5 matchup, isn't as significant)

2. I mentioned the series would be a fairly long one, how exactly is that disrespectful? Just like you, I might have a little bias since I'm a Raptor fan. I think Toronto in 6-7 games, as I know you think the Nets are going to win. We will see though, cause the teams are close.

3. Yes, we don't have much playoff experience and KG probably has more than our whole team. Ditto Pierce. But this isn't the Pierce/KG that were on the Celtics (where they picked up the playoff experience). Both are older, and while it is true that the age gives experience, I'm not exactly sure if they are at a point where they can massively contribute to the team's victory. Didn't KG just return from an injury? You are going to need another bench player come forth for the Nets to be able to pull of the upset IMO (Blatche, Plumbee, etc)
I also am not sure about your coach.

4. So on the arguments on home and road records, we can conclude that the Raptors and Nets can win games at Home and on the Road. Lol, Progress has been made on PSD today :dance:

wow still no credit, and any little credit you give you dismiss the next sentence after. Nets last yr hadnt made the playoffs in 6 years before that you are right but still had players who had expierence. Experience matters. Joe,Deron,Gerald Wallace, Reggie,Stackhouse,CJ Watson all in rotation all played in playoffs. Only raptor I can think of on your team is Salmons. Stop downplaying expierence.

Stunner
04-17-2014, 01:29 AM
Do Me Favors is hilarious

Guppyfighter
04-17-2014, 01:30 AM
Careful what you wish for Brooklyn.

Rndy
04-17-2014, 01:31 AM

I wonder what bet he won't own up to this playoffs. Bulls fans were mean to me that is why I didn't leave!!!! Please... your word is your word and you should never be taken seriously again around here.

effen5
04-17-2014, 01:35 AM
Im rooting for the Raptors just so I can see DMF's response. He gave the Bulls absolutely no credit last year until we beat them in game 7 on their home floor, and that's just so he doesn't look as bad.

Cal827
04-17-2014, 01:36 AM

:laugh: +1. We Love you DoMeFavors! :clap:

Not going to lie, if Brooklyn does get by Toronto in this series, I would love to see them take out Miami/Indiana/Chicago/Washington too, just to see how he would transform this forum :laugh:

and then probably regret saying this right when I look at the forum and see threads that say:

"Should KG go into the HOF as a Net?"
" Is Brook Lopez the next KAJ?"
"Joe Johnson's contract is the best in the NBA."

:facepalm:

Byronicle
04-17-2014, 01:39 AM
Wasn't Do Me Favors suppose to never ever come back to this forum for making a stupid bet last playoff series against Chicago?

effen5
04-17-2014, 01:42 AM
Wasn't Do Me Favors suppose to never ever come back to this forum for making a stupid bet last playoff series against Chicago?

Yes. But he's back. He's going to make the same bet this year and lose again.

DoMeFavors
04-17-2014, 01:45 AM
Yes. But he's back. He's going to make the same bet this year and lose again.

No I dont make bets anymore, after game 1 Nets destroyed the Bulls and everyone on this site before that were trashing me and the Nets. So I got on here and backed up what I said earlier that day. Then I got banned because Bulls fans reported me and got my banned. Those same bulls fans that made the bet with me. So after that I called it off even before game 7.

Byronicle
04-17-2014, 01:53 AM
No I dont make bets anymore, after game 1 Nets destroyed the Bulls and everyone on this site before that were trashing me and the Nets. So I got on here and backed up what I said earlier that day. Then I got banned because Bulls fans reported me and got my banned. Those same bulls fans that made the bet with me. So after that I called it off even before game 7.

That's not how it works, when have bets in the history of mankind ever be called off at your convenience? That is the biggest BS I have ever heard.

Do Us A Favor and grow a pair.

DoMeFavors
04-17-2014, 01:56 AM
That's not how it works, when have bets in the history of mankind ever be called off at your convenience? That is the biggest BS I have ever heard.

Do Us A Favor and grow a pair.

I made the bet and I called it off before it was over.

Tony_Starks
04-17-2014, 02:02 AM
This should be a good series Ladies and Gentlemen.... I'll see half of you in the Village of the Banned in the next couple of weeks :D

Lol can you imagine if Golden State and Houston would've actually played each other? It would've been a ban-a-thon!

Crackadalic
04-17-2014, 02:04 AM
I think brooklyn wins in 6 but it's going to be tough close games

Brooklyn can't guard athletic players but this team has enough playoff ready players to get it done when they slow down the game

Byronicle
04-17-2014, 02:08 AM

LOL again BS

Once it starts you cant call it off. If that was the case then you can conveniently call it off right before Game 7 ended when it was evident NETS were going to lose.

You cannot make or manipulate things at your own convenience either.

Your reasoning is BS as well since its based on assumption. No proof that the Bull fans reported you and that doesn't void the bet either.

Learn how to bold things too. Your sig looks absolutely stupid.

Byronicle
04-17-2014, 02:09 AM

Brooklyn can't guard athletic players but this team has enough playoff ready players to get it done when they slow down the game

One injury in their starting lineup and its over

Kaner
04-17-2014, 02:12 AM

Can't you say that about almost everybody? Starters aren't exactly dispensable come playoffs.

Crackadalic
04-17-2014, 02:13 AM

Just like every other team. What's your point

Okc without durant and their finish
Miami without lebron and they don't beat the bobcats

DoMeFavors
04-17-2014, 02:13 AM

playoff basketball is half court, slowed down game. this isnt regular season.

DoMeFavors
04-17-2014, 02:15 AM
LOL again BS

Once it starts you cant call it off. If that was the case then you can conveniently call it off right before Game 7 ended when it was evident NETS were going to lose.

You cannot make or manipulate things at your own convenience either.

Your reasoning is BS as well since its based on assumption. No proof that the Bull fans reported you and that doesn't void the bet either.

Learn how to bold things too. Your sig looks absolutely stupid.

Im sorry you disagreed with my choice, you are going to have to get over it though.

Crackadalic
04-17-2014, 02:25 AM
playoff basketball is half court, slowed down game. this isnt regular season.

And the raptors still have a backcourt that can cause the nets fits bruh half court or not. Contain them. And you win the series

effen5
04-17-2014, 02:29 AM

So you called off the best once you thought the Bulls would win? Yeah that's not how bets work.

DoMeFavors
04-17-2014, 02:34 AM
And the raptors still have a backcourt that can cause the nets fits bruh half court or not. Contain them. And you win the series

the key word there is "can" you can say that about anything in life. I dont care what I say or what you say, the nets will know exactly what to do to win. and im confident in them.

Raps_93
04-17-2014, 02:35 AM
I think the Raptors should install a giant cage in the audience so that we can have Drake and Jay-z fight each other for team loyalty.

Jay-Z already sold his 000000.000001 stake

NBA-GMaster
04-17-2014, 02:43 AM
What a bunch of cowards.. I really wish that the Raptors knock off the Nets in 1st rd and Wizards move on the 2nd rd..

Crackadalic
04-17-2014, 02:45 AM
the key word there is "can" you can say that about anything in life. I dont care what I say or what you say, the nets will know exactly what to do to win. and im confident in them.

Lmaoo you was saying as if the nets would sweep them that's my issue with all this. Nets winning the series but it won't be no cake walk.

DoMeFavors
04-17-2014, 03:00 AM
Lmaoo you was saying as if the nets would sweep them that's my issue with all this. Nets winning the series but it won't be no cake walk.

I respect where you are coming from and I know your posts, you know what you are talking about most of the time. But this should be a cake walk for the nets, easy as pie, a walk in the park whatever you want to call it. I say SHOULD, I cannot predict the outcome of everything correctly. But I have a strong feeling Nets will show the entire world how good they are.

Sofnr
04-17-2014, 03:39 AM
I respect where you are coming from and I know your posts, you know what you are talking about most of the time. But this should be a cake walk for the nets, easy as pie, a walk in the park whatever you want to call it. I say SHOULD, I cannot predict the outcome of everything correctly. But I have a strong feeling Nets will show the entire world how good they are.

From what I've seen you can't predict the outcome of anything correctly. I really hope the Nets win because I think they have a slightly better chance(although still a very small one) of upsetting the Heat then the Raptors do. But I do find it amazing you can talk so much **** with so much confidence after spending so much time being consistently wrong.

FriedTofuz
04-17-2014, 03:52 AM

want to join the sig bet? if the raptors win, you delete your account along with the guy in my sig, if the nets win, i'll delete my account. If you're so sure of the nets surely you have nothing to lose. so why not join in?

effen5
04-17-2014, 04:09 AM
want to join the sig bet? if the raptors win, you delete your account along with the guy in my sig, if the nets win, i'll delete my account. If you're so sure of the nets surely you have nothing to lose. so why not join in?

He's just going to cancel the bet.

FriedTofuz
04-17-2014, 04:12 AM
I honestly dont mind risking such a bet if it means getting rid of posters like domefavours who contribute nothing productive to the discussion.

Munkeysuit
04-17-2014, 04:40 AM
The Nets are a very good team, better than they appear to be and better than their record reflects them to be. With that being said, I also think the Nets play to the caliber of their opponents, or play harder against the better teams, them facing a lower seed in the fist round will do them no good and I see them getting ousted in the first.

BALLER R
04-17-2014, 11:39 AM
Playoff experience some of y'all are putting way too much value in. I know it's important but I think it's more important the further you go in the playoffs.

The raptors all year have played with a chip on their shoulder.
They are a balanced team.
Top 10 defensive
Top 10 offense
Tied the Nets in the season series 2-2. Some really close games.

Nets fans your team is good and all that but the way you guys talk about the raptors you I don't understand. Your either homers or just ignorant.

You guys are acting like the Nets will sweep them.
As a raptor fan it's one thing I've learned this year. NEVER count these guys out.

I watch enough basketball to know that this will be a long series and it can go either way. Although I want the raptors to win. You have to be realistic and see the advantage/disadvantage for each team.

BALLER R
04-17-2014, 11:44 AM
Aren't the Nets like 19th in defense. So because of experience that doesn't matter right?

DoMeFavors
04-17-2014, 11:53 AM
I honestly dont mind risking such a bet if it means getting rid of posters like domefavours who contribute nothing productive to the discussion.

Look at my post count and then look at yours, I contribute a lot more than you. I am a vet on this board, that contributes a lot since I am well known. I never heard of you.

Cal827
04-17-2014, 12:15 PM
Lol can you imagine if Golden State and Houston would've actually played each other? It would've been a ban-a-thon!

:laugh:

As the teams go blow for blow in the first round, their fans go Ban for Ban on PSD

Iggz53
04-17-2014, 12:22 PM
Look at my post count and then look at yours, I contribute a lot more than you. I am a vet on this board, that contributes a lot since I am well known. I never heard of you.

Actually, you won't be taking bets because you already lost last year and are supposed to have left this site already. Which is why your credibility is absent and no one respects your opinion or takes you seriously.

bucketss
04-17-2014, 12:30 PM
He's just going to cancel the bet.

probably blame the refs or something.

DoMeFavors
04-17-2014, 12:32 PM
Actually, you won't be taking bets because you already lost last year and are supposed to have left this site already. Which is why your credibility is absent and no one respects your opinion or takes you seriously.

Am I supposed to care?

Iggz53
04-17-2014, 12:48 PM
Care that no one here respects you or takes you seriously? :laugh2: Doesn't matter to me, care about whatever you want. I'm just pointing out that your contributions here are worthless, because your word is worthless. Since you comically just tried to assert your "status" by speaking of your "contributions".

gwrighter
04-17-2014, 12:55 PM

Brooklyn has one of the worst road records out of all the playoff teams, lol. Raptors are going to run your old guys out of the gym.

KG is retiring after round 1.

Pierzynski4Prez
04-17-2014, 01:12 PM
I don't get why you people still talk to this kid.

DoMeFavors
04-17-2014, 01:13 PM
Brooklyn has one of the worst road records out of all the playoff teams, lol. Raptors are going to run your old guys out of the gym.

KG is retiring after round 1.

Why would he retire right before the Miami series? makes no sense

Cal827
04-17-2014, 01:19 PM
Lmao, gonna go back and forth come Saturday :D

Byronicle
04-17-2014, 01:58 PM

My god, you said this same BS to me last year. You are well known to be a hypocrite with no back bone. Congratulations.

And now you are putting weight on post count?! Ridiculous.

Post count doesn't matter when the majority of your posts is utter bogus, irrational thoughts spewed from a hypocrite who is too arrogant to admit he is wrong.

You are either blind, or just poorly educated.

Cal827
04-17-2014, 02:08 PM
I'm a little teapot, short and stout
Here is my handle, here is my spout
When I get all steamed up, hear me shout
Just tip me over and pour me out!

gwrighter
04-17-2014, 03:02 PM
Why would he retire right before the Miami series? makes no sense

Because he's washed up just like the rest of your starting 5.

DoMeFavors
04-17-2014, 03:11 PM
Because he's washed up just like the rest of your starting 5.

Who is even on Raptors roster? Would an average basketball fan know a single player on that roster?

Guppyfighter
04-17-2014, 03:14 PM
"We have a policy of not banning overt trolls."
-PSD

Jays Claw
04-17-2014, 03:14 PM
Who is even on Raptors roster? Would an average basketball fan know a single player on that roster?

You're a butt-hurt troll. Go do us a favor and save your **** talking for when the series is over. Come see us when your Nets are sent home packing by the unknowns on the Raps' roster. Bye.

bucketss
04-17-2014, 03:25 PM

just shows your basketball knowledge.

Shammyguy3
04-17-2014, 04:04 PM
I have the Raptors winning in 6 games, Lowry/DeRozan will each have a big series

effen5
04-17-2014, 04:16 PM
Who is even on Raptors roster? Would an average basketball fan know a single player on that roster? those no names have a better record than the nets.

Wade n Fade
04-17-2014, 04:22 PM
I honestly dislike the disrespect the Raptors get by the national media and many people. They are a very good team that has had one of the best records in the east since Rudy Gay got dealt. They have been top 10 in Offensive efficiency and D for the most of the season since the trade. Lowry is a top 10 PG statistically and Derozan is an all-star. Couple that with some high energy bigs in J-Val, Amir Johnson, Pat Patterson, and Psycho T and you have an upstart Raptors team that will beat the Nets in 6.

Chill_Will_24
04-17-2014, 04:29 PM
Who is even on Raptors roster? Would an average basketball fan know a single player on that roster? those no names have a better record than the nets.

Enjoy the Atlantic division title and a first round elimination. Regular season games don't matter. Just get in the playoffs and try to position yourself against a favorable matchup.

People do not address this.

The Nets blatantly tanked games to close the season just to face this team. Don't you think these people who are paid to know these things have a reason for trying so hard to matchup against the Raptors?

Both Raptors close victories came on back ends of b2b with the Nets missing key players. The Nets were the worst team on b2b as would be expected for an old team. They lost and often got beat bad by teams like CLE, BOS, and ORL.

So I'm sorry if it seems like I'm alienating my self with troll genius DMF but he's not wrong. The Nets are healthy. This group of over achievers called the Raptors are in way over their head here. I will be shocked if the Nets let this get past 5

DoMeFavors
04-17-2014, 04:41 PM
this happends every yr the newcomer to playoffs for some time with players that have zero experience get hyped about their team, then the experienced team knocks them out. Only for in the offseason that young team to get vets who have been to the playoffs before to help them. This is like a revolving clock every yr. We always hear about the cocky fans supporting teams that have no playoff experience and talk up how good they are. You are in for shock if you believe that.

BALLER R
04-17-2014, 04:56 PM
Nets talking on here are just ignorant because even the stats show that these teams are even on a lot of things. Raptors have the edge in rebounds and break points I think. Nets only clear advantage over Toronto is their experience.

Experience plays a factor but you can't just overlook every single thing and say we're more experienced so we will win.

If that were the case shouldn't the spurs have won the last 5 championships in a row.

Chill_Will_24
04-17-2014, 05:16 PM
Nets talking on here are just ignorant because even the stats show that these teams are even on a lot of things. Raptors have the edge in rebounds and break points I think. Nets only clear advantage over Toronto is their experience.

Experience plays a factor but you can't just overlook every single thing and say we're more experienced so we will win.

If that were the case shouldn't the spurs have won the last 5 championships in a row.

Oh come on guy.

Experience AND talent go to the Nets. Few teams have been as good as the Nets after January.

The Nets are legitimately 10 deep. We have many good players. The Raptors have 2 with a bunch of role players.

Kirilenko
Blatche
Plumlee
Thorton
Teletovic

These are starter quality players coming off the bench with a loaded starting 5.

The only players I can call decent off your bench is Pat Pat and Vasquez

Meanwhile in the starting 5 the only player I fear is Valanciunas cuz he is bigger than KG. I still think Deron is a better player than Lowry even though he tends to coast unlike Lowry and I would still take Joe Johnson over Derozan if I want to win a game and contracts don't matter

Jays Claw
04-17-2014, 05:31 PM
Hmm... an experienced but yet old team vs. a young and more talented team. Who wins? I can't wait for this series to kick-off.

FriedTofuz
04-17-2014, 05:55 PM

Even if you had 30k posts, it doesnt mean anything. Quality> Quantity.
Your ignorance is annoying. I bet you do not even understand the greater than sign.

You're well known, for NEGATIVE reasons. As a disruptive, biased, poster. Back when I originally joined this forum I was very consistent with quality with what I posted and even had a shoutout from our good buddy Hawkeye.

So anyways, The raptors will beat the nets in the 1st round of playoffs, loser deletes account. Add it to your sig.

FriedTofuz
04-17-2014, 05:59 PM
I just dont want to continue to see DoMeFavors Garbage. This whole thread is being derailed by him, Grow up big fella, you're an adult stop bickering with children. :)

FriedTofuz
04-17-2014, 06:00 PM
My god, you said this same BS to me last year. You are well known to be a hypocrite with no back bone. Congratulations.

And now you are putting weight on post count?! Ridiculous.

Post count doesn't matter when the majority of your posts is utter bogus, irrational thoughts spewed from a hypocrite who is too arrogant to admit he is wrong.

You are either blind, or just poorly educated.

+1 :clap:

ndfightirish12
04-17-2014, 07:31 PM
im a nets fan not here to talk **** but just wanna say how much I cant wait for this series. Man all the games this year were great to watch between these two teams its just great to have playoff basketball back.

In terms of who has the advantage well i have no idea to me theres no clear favorite but damn will this be a great series imo the best of the first round in the east

Raps_93
04-17-2014, 08:22 PM
those no names have a better record than the nets.

#rekt

R. Johnson#3
04-17-2014, 08:57 PM
this happends every yr the newcomer to playoffs for some time with players that have zero experience get hyped about their team, then the experienced team knocks them out. Only for in the offseason that young team to get vets who have been to the playoffs before to help them. This is like a revolving clock every yr. We always hear about the cocky fans supporting teams that have no playoff experience and talk up how good they are. You are in for shock if you believe that.

A revolving clock?

bucketss
04-17-2014, 09:24 PM
A revolving clock?

lmaooo

Jamiecballer
04-17-2014, 09:26 PM
The Raptors have clearly been the better team this year but with the lack of experience I can see why the nets would want them.

Not exactly the definition of competitors but that's not on the players.

DoMeFavors
04-17-2014, 09:44 PM
I also think the raptors bigs are scared of KG, and he is going to get in their heads.

NBA_Starter
04-17-2014, 10:10 PM
I also think the raptors bigs are scared of KG, and he is going to get in their heads.

He is historically known for that anyway.

DoMeFavors
04-17-2014, 10:12 PM
He is historically known for that anyway.

yes and he is good at it, it works.

Shammyguy3
04-17-2014, 10:24 PM
Nobody's scared of KG anymore :laugh2:

DoMeFavors
04-17-2014, 10:36 PM
Just saw the season avgs, series is tied 2-2 with Nets missing starters for 3 of those games. 2 of losses on back to backs and Lowry and Demar putting up great numbers. Those numbers wont last in the playoffs, no back to backs and the pressure will be tough for them.

DoMeFavors
04-17-2014, 10:37 PM
Nobody's scared of KG anymore :laugh2:

I watch the games, everyone backs down from him. Noah did aswell on xmas lol.

bucketss
04-17-2014, 10:43 PM
Just saw the season avgs, series is tied 2-2 with Nets missing starters for 3 of those games. 2 of losses on back to backs and Lowry and Demar putting up great numbers. Those numbers wont last in the playoffs, no back to backs and the pressure will be tough for them.

we already beat you without derozan

DoMeFavors
04-17-2014, 10:51 PM
we already beat you without derozan

I remember you were really good in that game, how many pts you have again?

Stunner
04-17-2014, 11:32 PM

Didn't y'all get blown out ?

DoMeFavors
04-17-2014, 11:37 PM
Didn't y'all get blown out ?

That was pre 2014

FriedTofuz
04-18-2014, 02:20 AM

Sig bet me, the nets will lose in a series vs the raptors. Loser deletes account. Stop avoiding it. youère so biased itès nnooying to read anything you post.

DoMeFavors
04-18-2014, 02:52 AM
Sig bet me, the nets will lose in a series vs the raptors. Loser deletes account. Stop avoiding it. youère so biased itès nnooying to read anything you post.

im not sig betting anything, you have one with that other guy, I didnt respond for a reason its a NO. So please stop wasting my time with BS like that.

FriedTofuz
04-18-2014, 04:20 AM
im not sig betting anything, you have one with that other guy, I didnt respond for a reason its a NO. So please stop wasting my time with BS like that.

You just cant keep your word, just like you did last year vs The bulls. #smh #gtfo

Kenny Powders
04-18-2014, 07:36 AM

I know, its like a revolving clock with him, isn't it.

effen5
04-18-2014, 12:58 PM
Same thing the nets fans are saying this year...I heard exactly the same thing last year against the bulls.

DetroitBadBoy
04-18-2014, 04:13 PM
That's the attitude to have before the playoffs. Be scared to play a team who isn't even the reigning champs?

Vampirate
04-30-2014, 10:50 PM
Agreed. Will not happen though.

Sir, how would you like your crow? Grilled?

ghettosean
04-30-2014, 11:50 PM

You called it with the 1st post :clap:

Bravo sir!!!

ghettosean
05-01-2014, 12:24 AM

Oh come on guy.

Experience AND talent go to the Nets. Few teams have been as good as the Nets after January.

The Nets are legitimately 10 deep. We have many good players. The Raptors have 2 with a bunch of role players.

Kirilenko
Blatche
Plumlee
Thorton
Teletovic

These are starter quality players coming off the bench with a loaded starting 5.

The only players I can call decent off your bench is Pat Pat and Vasquez

Meanwhile in the starting 5 the only player I fear is Valanciunas cuz he is bigger than KG. I still think Deron is a better player than Lowry even though he tends to coast unlike Lowry and I would still take Joe Johnson over Derozan if I want to win a game and contracts don't matter

If your team thinks the way you do it makes sense why we are winning this series. Glad to see your ONLY focus is on the KG/J Val match up like he has beaten you single handedly... lol... When i read the bolded I'm not sure if you really believe this or you are in denial :facepalm:

zn23
05-01-2014, 12:57 AM
They had the right idea going in. Chicago was very well coached, they had playoff experience, they played great defense throughout the season. On paper they were the tougher matchup because the Raptors were the younger, inexperienced team with no playoff experience. I'm not sure they would have had success against the Bulls. The Nets have a mismatch with Joe Johnson going up against Derozan and Ross. They don't have the mismatches against Chicago it would be a tough series.

JC_
05-01-2014, 12:59 AM
I think someone should make a new thread entitled "Should Brooklyn Rest Their Starters to Avoid the 2nd Round?"

Avenged
05-01-2014, 01:00 AM
Either call them out right when they post or not at all. Chicken **** waiting for someone to be wrong to call them out. Just saying.

FriedTofuz
05-01-2014, 02:45 AM
Either call them out right when they post or not at all. Chicken **** waiting for someone to be wrong to call them out. Just saying.

Agreed. At the start Joe Johnson had been dominant in this series and still remains to be consistent.
I personally thought a lot of people were sleeping on the raptors, I couldnt blame them since no one knows about Canada.

FriedTofuz
05-01-2014, 02:47 AM
Nets are going to lose the series, there's no way they're winning a game 7 ( if forced) on the Raptors Home court. Their fan support cant compare to the Raptors, the raptors are playing with 6 players with the kind of support they get from fans. I can see and hope the raptors force the heat series to 6 games, it would be nice exposure and development

Vampirate
05-01-2014, 12:35 PM

If this is in reference to me, I said Brooklyn would look foolish if the Raptors won the series or the series went to 7 games.

Chill Will then said he agreed but it won't happen.

I'm now bringing it up because regardless the best Brooklyn has is a 7 game series, making them tired and will have to go against a fresh Heat team should they get past the raptors. Simply put, the Raptors have made the Nets regret choosing them over Chicago imo.

If the Nets went to Chicago, they have better scoring than the bulls and could maybe win the series sooner.