PDA

View Full Version : Toronto Raptors are 42-21 (66.7%) since Rudy Gay Trade

P&GRealist
04-15-2014, 02:53 PM
Through December 6th with Rudy Gay, the Raptors were 6-12 in 18 games.

Masaj Ujri sends Gay to the Raptors on December 8th where just hours after that, the Gay-less Raptors beat the Lakers in LA (the Kobe return game).

In the first 18 games: 97.3 PPG while giving up 99.2 PPG (-1.9 PPG)

In the last 63 games: 102.6 PPG while giving up 97.7 PPG (+4.9 PPG)

That is a 6.8 PPG difference turnaround.

Do you guys think the Raptors can be a surprise force come playoff time? Or will they be just be a one and done and ousted in the 1st rd?

bathroom_man
04-15-2014, 02:55 PM
Bootays

pebloemer
04-15-2014, 03:09 PM
This thread has been done before, although this is a more recent iteration of it. Whether or not they can be a force in the playoffs is contingent on whether they recollect their defensive identity which has been absent over the past couple weeks. They are still very young and not always consistent, although the talent is certainly there. My prediction as a Raptors fan is a 2nd round exit

P&GRealist
04-15-2014, 03:14 PM
This thread has been done before, although this is a more recent iteration of it. Whether or not they can be a force in the playoffs is contingent on whether they recollect their defensive identity which has been absent over the past couple weeks. They are still very young and not always consistent, although the talent is certainly there. My prediction as a Raptors fan is a 2nd round exit

I thought it was appropriate to make a topic thread since it's now the end of the regular season.

Although the Raptors still have one last road game tomorrow night against the Knicks.

tr3ymill3r
04-15-2014, 03:16 PM
clearly he's a locker room cancer. Getting him out of Canada will definitely ensure the Raptors go to the finals.

pebloemer
04-15-2014, 03:22 PM
I thought it was appropriate to make a topic thread since it's now the end of the regular season.

Although the Raptors still have one last road game tomorrow night against the Knicks.

Fair enough - you won't get arguments from me, I always enjoy talking about my team and hearing perspectives from those outside Toronto.

If you want to add:

Since the trade they are, 14-9 vs. the Western Conference.
They have a 1-6 record in overtime (1-4 since the trade) and most losses in general have been very close games.
They shown a capability to compete against pretty much every quality team with the exception of Miami, SA and LAC.

LAKobeBryant
04-15-2014, 03:23 PM
still third seed if trade happened beginning season so not much difference

Kinglorious
04-15-2014, 03:34 PM
That 6-12 start is annoying looking back. With the team the Raptors have now and how they jelled right away after the trade, I wonder if they could have maybe went 12-6 or maybe even 13-5 instead. They could have up to 55 wins by this point possibly.

Edit: Well, maybe not 12-6 or 13-5. They had a tough opening schedule. 10-8 or 11-7? Either way, better than where they are now.

RipCity32
04-15-2014, 03:40 PM
Rudy Gay taught them boys what not to do to win team basketball.

P&GRealist
04-15-2014, 03:47 PM
I'm really intrigued at a possibility of a Raptors-Heat 2nd rd matchup

ghettosean
04-15-2014, 03:57 PM
Fair enough - you won't get arguments from me, I always enjoy talking about my team and hearing perspectives from those outside Toronto.

If you want to add:

Since the trade they are, 14-9 vs. the Western Conference.
They have a 1-6 record in overtime (1-4 since the trade) and most losses in general have been very close games.
They shown a capability to compete against pretty much every quality team with the exception of Miami, SA and LAC.

This is what drives me nuts because most posters on PSD say if the Raptors were in the West they wouldn't even make the playoffs and might a 9 or 10 seed... SMH

pebloemer
04-15-2014, 04:05 PM
Rudy Gay taught them boys what not to do to win team basketball.

Lol!

Honestly, I'd be happy to see them win 2 games...

jakedajewler
04-15-2014, 04:08 PM
Going to be awesome watching the Raptors in the nba final, get out your exercise book and write it down chumps

LAKobeBryant
04-15-2014, 04:09 PM

ticket prices would be doubled from first round