PDA

View Full Version : The heat took the easiest road in playoffs

youngbey
04-14-2014, 09:19 PM
Is it just me or do you guys think the heat took the best choice for them by taking the second seed? It is looking likely that Chicago will stay the 4th seed so the heat avoid them along with Brooklyn and pacers till the conference finals. They will have easy match up with Charlotte and again with whoever wins into the second round with Toronto vs Washington. I believe the came short on the last few games on purpose to give pacers the first seed because the playoff picture outlook from second seed looked like the easier route.

what are your thoughts?

NYJ - NYY
04-14-2014, 09:20 PM
Smart move no matter who you beat at the end of the day you're still a champion... Signed disgruntled Knicks fan

Hawkeye15
04-14-2014, 09:21 PM
my thoughts are that the Heat, after playing over 100 games for 3 straight years, decided to not chase a 1 seed, or care about the regular season like most teams do, instead trying to make sure they are as healthy as they can be going into the "real" games.

I don't think they attempted to position themselves at all. They are only worried about themselves after the marathon seasons they have had the past 3 years.

beasted86
04-14-2014, 09:25 PM
Is it just me or do you guys think the heat took the best choice for them by taking the second seed? It is looking likely that Chicago will stay the 4th seed so the heat avoid them along with Brooklyn and pacers till the conference finals. They will have easy match up with Charlotte and again with whoever wins into the second round with Toronto vs Washington. I believe the came short on the last few games on purpose to give pacers the first seed because the playoff picture outlook from second seed looked like the easier route.

what are your thoughts?

Maybe I believe that if they don't stomp the Pacers the other night. If they were really conceding the #2 seed then they would have just gone through the motions in that game.

DillyDill
04-14-2014, 09:26 PM
If true genius move to go against teams with no playoff experience.

youngbey
04-14-2014, 09:31 PM
If true genius move to go against teams with no playoff experience.

thats true, those teams haven't been been in playoffs yet recently and also since they have best chance of beating the teams they meet the first round and second round as second seed then they do meeting up with the winner of Chicago vs Brooklyn and than the likely pacers( if they were second seed) in the conference finals

Cal827
04-14-2014, 09:47 PM
I wouldn't be so sure of that. Doesn't Chicago have the tie-breaker over us? They aren't division rivals, and both teams won twice in their series. Would that mean that the tie-breaker would be based on Toronto and Chicago's conference record? Or does Toronto get it outright if they are tied, based on a division winner advantage?

Also the Raptors could very well lose their last game at New York, who would probably want to end strong at least for the fans who have had to endure the hell.

At this point though, the team is going to have to earn it. Chicago/Brooklyn have tons of experience and could be menacing to who they play, but don't think Toronto would be an easy pass (if they advance). We have been the best team in the Eastern conference since the Rudy Gay trade. We have also been able to take down some of the best teams in the league, and have been in pretty much every single game since December 9th (wins in OKC, Dallas, close games in Portland, vs OKC (Duranted), Couple wins vs Pacers despite injuries, wins at Chicago, Brooklyn, etc), hell the only games we were just plain outplayed in were the games vs the Clippers lol

Chicago/Brooklyn and Toronto could potentialy lead to a long, painful series vs the higher two seeds (if not an upset). and if Toronto is upset, then I would worry about a motivated John Wall or Defensive Bobcat Squad lol

sunsfan88
04-14-2014, 09:50 PM
I don't think they care about seedings, they just want to be healthy and rested for playoffs.

N.Carolina King
04-14-2014, 09:52 PM
Well Charlotte is much better than Atlanta.....and Toronto has won more games than the bulls and nets,sooooo.....what you're saying doesn't make any sense

JC_
04-14-2014, 09:59 PM
Well Charlotte is much better than Atlanta.....and Toronto has won more games than the bulls and nets,sooooo.....what you're saying doesn't make any sense

Neither Charlotte or Toronto have playoff experience. Playoffs are way different than regular season, therefore Miami is most likely going to have an easier road to the ECF than Indi.

naps
04-14-2014, 10:06 PM
May be you should know Miami doesn't give a **** on seedings. They are 2 time reigning champions and 3 times reigning finalists. They are not scared or concerned of anyone. Let me ask you in an easier way: Do you know they are nearly unbeatable in a 7 game series (one playoff series lost in 3 straight years)? So yeah when you are this dominant, battle tested, and seasoned you are not worried about whether it's Brooklyn or chicago or charlotte or washington.

naps
04-14-2014, 10:11 PM
Oh why didn't you create this thread from your own account? You knew it would labeled as a troll thread just by seeing your username since you hate Miami with all your guts which is well documented here? Hmm...I think I know who you are.

IndyRealist
04-14-2014, 10:27 PM
I wouldn't sleep on Toronto, they've got the size and aggression to give Miami problems.

bucketss
04-14-2014, 10:30 PM
wow the disrespect is real against Toronto

koreancabbage
04-14-2014, 10:38 PM

let the Raps do some talking in the playofffs before we go acting like they're 2014 world champions lol

Raps MAY fall flat on their face, especially in game 1. I wouldn't be surprised if the Nets came out and won game 1 in Toronto.

All-In
04-14-2014, 10:45 PM
Bulls might get the 3 seed, if they win and TOR loses their last games...which is possible TOR plays NYK and CHI plays Bobcats....the Heat don't care though..in 2012 they played NYK then INDY then BOS and won the finals...if they have to do Bobcats then CHI then INDY I'm pretty sure they're not worried

P&GRealist
04-14-2014, 10:45 PM

what are your thoughts?
tittays

bucketss
04-14-2014, 10:47 PM
let the Raps do some talking in the playofffs before we go acting like they're 2014 world champions lol

Raps MAY fall flat on their face, especially in game 1. I wouldn't be surprised if the Nets came out and won game 1 in Toronto.

we're probably facing washington

ILLUSIONIST^248
04-14-2014, 10:49 PM
Doesn't matter the Heat have had a cake walk to the finals for 3+ years. It has been a very watered down run.

Cal827
04-14-2014, 11:06 PM
tittays

/ Thread

PG wins this one.

Hawkeye15
04-14-2014, 11:11 PM
Doesn't matter the Heat have had a cake walk to the finals for 3+ years. It has been a very watered down run.

no doubt. In fact, every ring the Heat win (LeBron actually), should be worth half. Every ring the Lakers win, should be worth twice as many, since they are in the west.

Therefore, LeBron has 1 ring, Kobe has 10.

Sound about right?

D_Rose1118
04-14-2014, 11:18 PM
I wouldn't be so sure of that. Doesn't Chicago have the tie-breaker over us? They aren't division rivals, and both teams won twice in their series. Would that mean that the tie-breaker would be based on Toronto and Chicago's conference record? Or does Toronto get it outright if they are tied, based on a division winner advantage?

Also the Raptors could very well lose their last game at New York, who would probably want to end strong at least for the fans who have had to endure the hell.

At this point though, the team is going to have to earn it. Chicago/Brooklyn have tons of experience and could be menacing to who they play, but don't think Toronto would be an easy pass (if they advance). We have been the best team in the Eastern conference since the Rudy Gay trade. We have also been able to take down some of the best teams in the league, and have been in pretty much every single game since December 9th (wins in OKC, Dallas, close games in Portland, vs OKC (Duranted), Couple wins vs Pacers despite injuries, wins at Chicago, Brooklyn, etc), hell the only games we were just plain outplayed in were the games vs the Clippers lol

Chicago/Brooklyn and Toronto could potentialy lead to a long, painful series vs the higher two seeds (if not an upset). and if Toronto is upset, then I would worry about a motivated John Wall or Defensive Bobcat Squad lol

Tiebreaker goes to Toronto since they lead their division.

bathroom_man
04-14-2014, 11:21 PM
no doubt. In fact, every ring the Heat win (LeBron actually), should be worth half. Every ring the Lakers win, should be worth twice as many, since they are in the west.

Sound about right?

why yall have to bring lebron and kobe into this? i know you dont like him but chill out. the lakers last 5 rings, have had stiffer competition than miami. come on now

Hawkeye15
04-14-2014, 11:24 PM
why yall have to bring lebron and kobe into this? i know you dont like him but chill out. the lakers last 5 rings, have had stiffer competition than miami. come on now

oh, please understand who I was responding to. I would never say that crap otherwise. THE biggest LeBron hater/Kobe lover I have come across in my entire time here.

Dade County
04-14-2014, 11:26 PM

what are your thoughts?

You are not looking at the situation correctly...

The HEAT didn't tank those games willingly, they were told to position themselves into the 2nd seed, not because of fear of any team in the east, but because of the possibility rose might come back; and if he does, the Pacers will be the sacrificial lamp, to uplift rose star power.

HEAT move on, no matter who they would have to face.

bathroom_man
04-14-2014, 11:38 PM
oh, please understand who I was responding to. I would never say that crap otherwise. THE biggest LeBron hater/Kobe lover I have come across in my entire time here.

yeh i, i know you guys love each other. i seen it. i know you probably dont wanna reply but felt the itch to. couldnt resist. all good

effen5
04-15-2014, 12:33 AM
May be you should know Miami doesn't give a **** on seedings. They are 2 time reigning champions and 3 times reigning finalists. They are not scared or concerned of anyone. Let me ask you in an easier way: Do you know they are nearly unbeatable in a 7 game series (one playoff series lost in 3 straight years)? So yeah when you are this dominant, battle tested, and seasoned you are not worried about whether it's Brooklyn or chicago or charlotte or washington.

Unbeatable? They are from unbeatable....Like you said, they already lost their first finals and almost lost the ECF and Finals last year. That makes them beatable. Unbeatable would be the 00 Lakers where they only lost 1 playoff game in overtime in the entire playoffs.

KnicksorBust
04-15-2014, 12:35 AM

Why should anyone be worried about Toronto? They have accomplished nothing in the playoffs.

JC_
04-15-2014, 12:45 AM

It's not disrespect. I like the Raps but they just haven't proven anything yet. They are rookies when it comes to the postseason. I think they can cause some problems but we won't know until we see them.

i'myourdaddy
04-15-2014, 12:49 AM

I think you forgot about iamloser, he's 1a and delusionist is 1b.

slashsnake
04-15-2014, 12:52 AM
I wouldn't call it disrespect. Chicago has been better in close games, and has a better record vs. teams above .500.

It isn't a big sample size, but if I was a good team, I'd rather play the team that loses more to good teams, and struggles to win close games. Not a disrespect against Toronto that they fit the bill in both cases there, just a fact that they do.

goingfor28
04-15-2014, 01:18 AM
You are not looking at the situation correctly...

The HEAT didn't tank those games willingly, they were told to position themselves into the 2nd seed, not because of fear of any team in the east, but because of the possibility rose might come back; and if he does, the Pacers will be the sacrificial lamp, to uplift rose star power.

HEAT move on, no matter who they would have to face.

Heat, not HEAT. Calm down

king4day
04-15-2014, 01:21 AM
They could still have to play Chicago in round two. I don't think what they are doing is intentional.
They are the Miami Heat, it doesn't matter who they play

--23--
04-15-2014, 01:52 AM

what are your thoughts?

The eastern conference it self is a easy route to the finals...so no, I doubt they came up short for seeding match up's. Also they still could possibly play the Bulls in the 2nd round, but the Raptors shouldn't be overlook they've been playing some great basketball since the Gay trade.

Shlumpledink
04-15-2014, 02:27 AM
Playing in the east is the easy way to the playoffs, yes.

Guppyfighter
04-15-2014, 02:36 AM
Neither Charlotte or Toronto have playoff experience. Playoffs are way different than regular season, therefore Miami is most likely going to have an easier road to the ECF than Indi.

No evidence experience helps, actually.

ILLUSIONIST^248
04-15-2014, 12:14 PM
Playing in the east is the easy way to the playoffs, yes.

^

ILLUSIONIST^248
04-15-2014, 12:17 PM

Are we going to pretend you're not the biggest Lebron lover here?dont be hypocritical.

Cal827
04-15-2014, 12:35 PM
Tiebreaker goes to Toronto since they lead their division.

Alright, thanks for clearing that up. I wasn't too sure on that one.

Either way, there is still much to decide on the final day: The Knicks just beat us in Toronto and would likely want to end strong for the fans, while Chicago/Charlotte would want both want to win that game for seeding. A win by Chicago/Loss by Toronto gives them Washington in the first round. A win by Charlotte and a loss by Washington gives them Toronto in the first round, which is a nicer choice than Miami since they always find a way to ****ing beat us :mad: lol

Cal827
04-15-2014, 12:40 PM
Why should anyone be worried about Toronto? They have accomplished nothing in the playoffs.

:laugh: gonna remember this when we sweep Miami out to play the Bulls in the ECF :D

Yeah, of the top 4 seeds, we would probably be the one that the lower seeds would want to see as we have no experience in the playoffs. But if we continue on with how we've played since the Rudy Gay trade, we might pull off a long playoff run.

Although, our defense of late is kinda scaring me. We have given up 100 points in a lot of recent games against teams who aren't really good, or have struggled this year (76ers, Bucks, Knicks, Detroit). We are going to have to toughen up, cause Miami/Indiana/Chicago won't let you get away with that. Maybe Brooklyn (who have done nothing in the playoffs themselves) we can get away with that, but not the others lol

Tony_Starks
04-15-2014, 12:42 PM
First 2 rounds should be easy 5 game series but the irony is with Indys free fall MIA may actually face Brooklyn in the ECF. Probably the only team in the east that isn't scared of them, besides the Bulls.

mjt20mik
04-15-2014, 12:45 PM
Regular season means nothing in the playoffs. The Heat are still, by far, the best team in the East. They've won being the second seed before, so to them health means the most to them now

Tony_Starks
04-15-2014, 12:59 PM
tittays

This was a very slept on post.

Minimal
04-15-2014, 01:38 PM
I doubt they planned that, atleast not before last Indiana-Miami game, because they would have probably lost it, but they gave 100%.
But if they did plan that after that game, thats a really smart move.

First Round. They don't play Atlanta with which they had problems last game and are 2-2 against Miami this year, instead they play Charlotte who are 0-4 against Miami. Smart.

Second Round. They meet either Raptors (0-4) or Wizards (2-2), I see Raptors winning this one and Miami are 4-0 against them this year. Smart once again.

ECF. I think they meet Brooklyn here, tired Brooklyn after Chicago and Indiana. Gonna be interesting series as Brooklyn swept Miami in regular season, still I see Miami coming on top.

Pablonovi
04-15-2014, 03:52 PM
I think this is a fail.
First, They beat Indy and didn't have to; so FAIL.

Second, they could NOT know for sure how all the seedings were going to work out; until it was basically too late to do much about it. so FAIL.

Third, they are not likely to be beaten by any East team. so FAIL.

Fourth, if they were to get upset, it would be for unpredictable factors (like injuries and/or hot/cold streaks). Something you can't pre-adjust for by supposedly picking your playoff opponents. so FAIL.

For my second time ever, I recommend this thread be closed.
Reason: useless, pointless, not important/serious enough to warrant taking up additional time/space.

Hawkeye15
04-15-2014, 03:56 PM
yeh i, i know you guys love each other. i seen it. i know you probably dont wanna reply but felt the itch to. couldnt resist. all good

I pass up 98% of his posts. Just every once in a while, I have to bite. I can't help it.

Hawkeye15
04-15-2014, 03:58 PM
I think you forgot about iamloser, he's 1a and delusionist is 1b.

amose is actually alright, he makes me laugh, and at least ATTEMPTS to rationalize his posts, even though I rarely agree with them if they are regarding LeBron/Kobe. But his posts outside those two are actually not bad.

Hawkeye15
04-15-2014, 03:59 PM
Are we going to pretend you're not the biggest Lebron lover here?dont be hypocritical.

I believe I am tied with about 5000 posters here to you. Ie, anyone who doesn't agree with your opinion on the matter.

P&GRealist
04-15-2014, 04:04 PM
I believe I am tied with about 5000 posters here to you. Ie, anyone who doesn't agree with your opinion on the matter.

Seriously, you guys should just duke it out and get it over with already.

therealwd27
04-15-2014, 04:12 PM
amose is actually alright, he makes me laugh, and at least ATTEMPTS to rationalize his posts, even though I rarely agree with them if they are regarding LeBron/Kobe. But his posts outside those two are actually not bad.

I wonder if Amoser1 and Illusionist are related

Pablonovi
04-15-2014, 04:34 PM

Hey Hawk,
I'm trying really hard to convince myself I understand what you've said here.
Probably not your clearest post? (hehe)

Pablonovi
04-15-2014, 04:35 PM

Exactly my feeling about him.

IkeDoIt
04-15-2014, 04:39 PM
The standings are still in complete flux going into the 2 days of the season. Only Indy, Mia, Atl and BRK are set in their seeds. The matchups can potentially flip-flop into the opposite for the Heat. I dont think they intentionally lost for the 2nd seed. (Losing to the Hawks to eliminate the Knicks isn't out of the realm of possibility) That said, it would be pointless for them to purposefully go into the 2nd seed when there is still the potential of playing the opponents they are supposedly trying to avoid in the early rounds.

As stated before, the Heat are the 3 time EC Champions. not having homecourt vs the Pacers matters only if both teams make it to the ECF. I dont think they "FEAR" playing any team, but taking an easy route would be a smart basketball move. but the other teams are too close in standings for an accurate prediction

Hawkeye15
04-15-2014, 04:42 PM
Hey Hawk,
I'm trying really hard to convince myself I understand what you've said here.
Probably not your clearest post? (hehe)

anytime someone doesn't agree that Kobe is a god amongst us, or that LeBron may very well be the best player since Jordan, he calls them a Kobe hater and LeBron lover.

Pretty much the biggest Kobe homer/LeBron hater on this site. The extreme of the extreme.

IkeDoIt
04-15-2014, 04:45 PM
anytime someone doesn't agree that Kobe is a god amongst us, or that LeBron may very well be the best player since Jordan, he calls them a Kobe hater and LeBron lover.

Pretty much the biggest Kobe homer/LeBron hater on this site. The extreme of the extreme.

LeBron is the best player since Prime-Kobe, who was the best player since Jordan...my take on it anyways

Delrayhc
04-15-2014, 04:49 PM

You should just shut your mouth or put your texting or typing fingers in your pocket because all YOUR posts are about your hate for the HEAT or LeBron because of your hate for him. Your obsessed. Its like every little chance you get to provoke and instigate you do like the child that you are. And before you try to call me a LeBronite because that's the only card that you have let me slap you in the mouth. You can read every post that I have posted and see that I don't go around giving I praise to him. I don't bad mouth Kobe or the Lakers and have given them respect several times as a player and as one of the best organizations in sports. I give respect to all great players for there play but I am a HEAT fan first. Now go home to your mama.

Pablonovi
04-15-2014, 05:05 PM

Hey Hawk,
Now wait a second here, You mean Kobe's not one of the 81 gods??? (hehe)
Thanx for the clarification; it is as I thought.
It was mostly just that your earlier post was not-quite up to your usual level of clarity. No biggie for sure.

P&GRealist
04-15-2014, 05:09 PM
Easy or hard road, the Heat will end up doing this anyways come June:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CeF60_-eeg4

ILLUSIONIST^248
04-15-2014, 07:07 PM

I pass up 98% of his posts. Just every once in a while, I have to bite. I can't help it.

That's quite a bit of knowledge you're not reading.

ILLUSIONIST^248
04-15-2014, 07:12 PM

Seriously, you guys should just duke it out and get it over with already.

Hawk? Na, he's actually a pretty good basketball head beside his blind love for the phony one. I would love to meet up with Chronz tho, that know it all college kid needs a good thumping. He's doesn't live far from me if he does indeed live in LA.

Crackadalic
04-15-2014, 07:15 PM
Miami only obstacle is brooklyn. Any team they face will be over in a sweep or 5 games

3RDASYSTEM
04-15-2014, 07:22 PM

what are your thoughts?

they have been no 1 or 2 seed past some odd yrs so whats the big deal now going for 4 finals app. In a row at no 2 seed?

you do realize that if you played as much ball as BRON/MIA combined with Olympics for BRON then i'm sure a easier path is welcomed

I recall JORDAN sweeping weak juggernauts during his 6 out of 8yr title run, he didn't beat title contenders in the 1st rd, ever

kobe4thewinbang
04-15-2014, 07:47 PM
What are your thoughts?I'll let you know after Game 7 happens in Indiana.

NBA_Starter
04-15-2014, 07:47 PM
I can't blame them for that, it is smart.

Hawkeye15
04-15-2014, 08:10 PM
LeBron is the best player since Prime-Kobe, who was the best player since Jordan...my take on it anyways

and all the evidence supports that the best player since MJ is LeBron. And I think there are 2 more I would put ahead of Kobe, but that is my take.

Hawkeye15
04-15-2014, 08:11 PM
That's quite a bit of knowledge you're not reading.

that is like Ray Finkle telling me I shouldn't pass up his posts, when all I see are his posts about Marino...

ILLUSIONIST^248
04-15-2014, 09:34 PM

and all the evidence supports that the best player since MJ is LeBron. And I think there are 2 more I would put ahead of Kobe, but that is my take.

By evidence, you mean inflated stats from having a team cater to him while he plays in the weakest conference in nba history. Lebron was a perennial loser his whole career and probably would have stayed that way had he not joined one of the best teams ever created.

KnicksorBust
04-15-2014, 09:46 PM
By evidence, you mean inflated stats from having a team cater to him while he plays in the weakest conference in nba history. Lebron was a perennial loser his whole career and probably would have stayed that way had he not joined one of the best teams ever created.

He was a perennial loser because he played on garbage teams. He finally got talent and is about to 3-peat. Legacy cemented.

ILLUSIONIST^248
04-15-2014, 10:05 PM

He was a perennial loser because he played on garbage teams. He finally got talent and is about to 3-peat. Legacy cemented.

Those garbage teams were Vegas favorites back to back years. He didn't get talent, he ran to play on another mans team. They also invited another star to join them. No superstar has ever done such a chicken **** move. Oh btw he also has two bronze medals, were those garbage teams too?

KnicksorBust
04-15-2014, 10:32 PM
Those garbage teams were Vegas favorites back to back years. He didn't get talent, he ran to play on another mans team. They also invited another star to join them. No superstar has ever done such a chicken **** move. Oh btw he also has two bronze medals, were those garbage teams too?

They were favorites because he was on them and significantly elevated the talent of his scrub teammates into role player status.

What bothers you more: that he left Cleveland via FA? Or that he's going to go down as one of the greatest players of all-time now that he is playing with talent?

Hawkeye15
04-15-2014, 10:39 PM

you just joined his list. Make it 5001 LeBron lovers....

Shammyguy3
04-15-2014, 10:48 PM

So many people on that list, makes it less... what's the word I'm looking for here?

KnicksorBust
04-16-2014, 09:04 AM

Translation: "Stay away, he is nuts." ?

:laugh:

ATX
04-16-2014, 09:55 AM
my thoughts are that the Heat, after playing over 100 games for 3 straight years, decided to not chase a 1 seed, or care about the regular season like most teams do, instead trying to make sure they are as healthy as they can be going into the "real" games.

I don't think they attempted to position themselves at all. They are only worried about themselves after the marathon seasons they have had the past 3 years.

I agree, their health and rest are paramount in the playoffs to the #1 seed. The Heat know what it takes in the playoffs, and going for a fourth consecutive Finals will certainly be more difficult than the first few times due to fatigue.

Sound about right?

Haha, considering who your responding to, that is awesome and yes just about right, though I think you may have overestimated his (De)valuation of James' rings...Half might be too much. His rings to Illusionist are worth zilch, which is why nothing he says is worth the space it consumes on the server. Just nothing but trash.

Hawkeye and you are the two extremes of PSD. One consistently provides insight, relevant facts and respectful discussion. The other provides nothing but negativity, extreme bias and disruption.

Pablonovi
04-16-2014, 12:19 PM
For some (perverted?) reason, sometimes, nothing makes me smile from ear to ear like these "down-to-earth" battles over how super were/are the super-stars.

There's no stopping them from insidiously invading threads far and near, old and new.

To stay off-topic generally, but "within sub-topic":
imo KAJ is GOAT #1; here's one of the best arguments (but not the only one by a long shot):
KAJ had 50% more great years than MJ. (Proof he has 50% more All-NBA Teams than MJ).

That's not one or two years; that's 5 or 6 years. That's HUGE; and there is no counter-argument. (MJ only had 11 great years; if he'd a played more, then he'd have a righteous argument here.)

P.S. Just to cover my arse "on-topic" wise: Just think if KAJ had played for the Heat! (hehe)

ILLUSIONIST^248
04-16-2014, 02:41 PM

They were favorites because he was on them and significantly elevated the talent of his scrub teammates into role player status.

What bothers you more: that he left Cleveland via FA? Or that he's going to go down as one of the greatest players of all-time now that he is playing with talent?

Ok we'll since he's a god like player who single handedly made them favorites, why is it they got stomped out in the playoffs while Kobe went back to back? Don't give me that he made players better bs. Every player Lebron plays with takes a statistical hit.

Lebron is a coward! And a lot of legends agree.

I never said he is not going to be an all-time great, but he will never surpass Kobe unless he can win without having a super team, while in the weakest conference in league history. I'm glad you have no excuse for his 2 bronze medals.

ILLUSIONIST^248
04-16-2014, 02:42 PM

I agree, their health and rest are paramount in the playoffs to the #1 seed. The Heat know what it takes in the playoffs, and going for a fourth consecutive Finals will certainly be more difficult than the first few times due to fatigue.

Sound about right?

Haha, considering who your responding to, that is awesome and yes just about right, though I think you may have overestimated his (De)valuation of James' rings...Half might be too much. His rings to Illusionist are worth zilch, which is why nothing he says is worth the space it consumes on the server. Just nothing but trash.

Hawkeye and you are the two extremes of PSD. One consistently provides insight, relevant facts and respectful discussion. The other provides nothing but negativity, extreme bias and disruption.

I don't think hawk finds it nice for you to talk about him like that.

bathroom_man
04-16-2014, 02:58 PM

Yeah big z, mo will , Verajao are all garbages.. Lebron just took the smartest shortcut in life, that's all. That's why he's most hated

Nick O
04-16-2014, 08:03 PM
Toronto > Bulls>BKN

NBA_Starter
04-16-2014, 08:15 PM
I just hope the Bobcats miss them in the first round. Go Celtics

FlashBolt
04-17-2014, 02:41 AM
Ok we'll since he's a god like player who single handedly made them favorites, why is it they got stomped out in the playoffs while Kobe went back to back? Don't give me that he made players better bs. Every player Lebron plays with takes a statistical hit.

Lebron is a coward! And a lot of legends agree.

I never said he is not going to be an all-time great, but he will never surpass Kobe unless he can win without having a super team, while in the weakest conference in league history. I'm glad you have no excuse for his 2 bronze medals.

Kobe forced his way out of a Cleveland-like roster to Lakers and played with a superforce in Shaq. Later, demanded a trade to Pistons but was told of Lakers pursuit in Gasol. Retrieved Odom - sixth man and Gasol was a top 5 PF. Superb coach his entire career. Hmmm, I always ask myself how great a LeBron/Shaq duo would be. Would we be looking at a greater force than KAJ/Magic? Uhm, a lot of legends actually agree that James will surpass MJ. Oscar, Phil, West, Riley, Pippen, Barkley..

Every player takes a statistical hit? Right.. That's why players are signing for much less money to play with him. On the other hand, Dwight left Lakers to escape Kobe. Oh yeah, Kobe also scares away potential teammates by acting like a sadistic maniac with his anti-social demeanor and horrific leadership.

By the way, you mentioned the weakest conference in league history but forgot that they BEAT OKC 4-1 and Spurs. Therefore, they beat the best team in the West as well.

In regards to the Olympics, are you serious? If that's your argument, your credibility just dropped quicker than your credit score. Did you forget that the Olympic team is usually composed of the BEST players in the NBA? LeBron isn't the only player on that team, FYI.

Back to the REAL topic, I'm quite annoyed by the "weakened" playoff runs. Lakers went what? 16-1? Bulls went on two three peats? Boston won how many in a row? Magic went to the playoff finals how many times? If SAS or Boston had beaten Miami, you guys wouldn't be saying how easy Miami beat the rest of the teams. You'll be saying "Miami sucks, LeBron is a choke, hahaha, never better than Kobe, floppity flopper Jr." So the fact that they win, you still have an excuse? Grow up. They won, They beat SAS fair and square. LeBron stepped up in game 6/7 vs Boston and game 6/7 vs Spurs. You're mad, get over it. This is 2014. New playoffs. If they lose this year, you're going to blame LeBron, anyways. When he wins, you'll say because Spoelstra is the GOAT coach.

Pablonovi
04-17-2014, 12:35 PM
I grew up watching and loving: West, Baylor, "O" and Wilt. (And, Bill Russell, but, imo, he was CLEARLY, 5th here).
Then: KAJ and Dr J;
Then: Magic, Bird and MJ.
Then: Shaq, Timmy and Kobe.
Now: LeBron, KD, CP3.

To me, back in "my" beginning, I was "sure" that there'd NEVER be anybody more era-dominant and greater than Wilt.
And along came KAJ. I don't think he was more era-dominant; but I do believe his career definitely "trumps" Wilt's.
Then Magic showed me a level of TEAM-first I had never seen before; nor since (though Stockton almost equals him; a little less quality but over 50% more years).

imo, MJ rivals all 3: Wilt, KAJ and Magic, but does NOT beat KAJ (KAJ's number of great years is 50% more (5-6
years more) than MJ's; and MJ doesn't beat Magic either: because Magic's TEAM-first attitude, FOR ME, trumps MJ's victory-at-any-cost attitude.) So,fyi, I have it: KAJ, Magic, MJ, Wilt (but I could live easily with any ranking as long as all four of them are in the top 5.)

But, the key moment, for this particular point, was when I realized with KAJ's ascension, that believing in "NEVER" is a trap. And loving a past hero so much that it tends to blind one to the next-era's heroes, is another trap.

These traps tend to both lessen (even kill) one's enjoyment of the true excellence of the current greats & blind one from being able to accurately rank the All-Timers.

I've loved Kobe from the first day he laced 'em up in the NBA; and particularly from late in his 2nd year onwards.

However, this causes me ZERO problems loving LeBron. (Personally, imo, LeBron's first 10 years have been so great that, for me, he has to be at least a very serious CANDIDATE for the #5 All-Time GOAT; and, for sure, in the Top 10 (along with Kobe - but for Kobe his case is principally made due to his almost unprecedented 15 consecutive great years (In terms of "consecutive-years-of-greatness": Only KAJ beats that; only Stockton, K. Malone and Timmy rival that, IMO).

It seems to me many people get hung up with (righteous) admiration for their generation's greats; BUT too much so.

Lastly, for the detractors of LeBron: after 10 great years, what more does he have to do to make you say he is an All-Time Great?

amos1er
04-17-2014, 12:53 PM

what are your thoughts?

The Miami Heat currently constructed are the biggest stain on the sport of basketball in the history of the game. From the way the formed the "Big Three" to the way they have always taken on the easiest opponents. Basketball isn't even fun to watch anymore thanks to this travesty. My only enjoyment is to root against them. So yes, they are taking the easy way out once again as they always have since their formation.

FlashBolt
04-17-2014, 12:55 PM
The Miami Heat currently constructed are the biggest stain on the sport of basketball in the history of the game. From the way the formed the "Big Three" to the way they have always taken on the easiest opponents. Basketball isn't even fun to watch more thanks to this travesty. My only enjoyment is to root against them. So yes, they are taking the easy way out once again as they always have since their formation.

But didn't Boston form the "Big Three" first? Hating at it's finest. And your hero Kobe forced his way out of a crappy team to a legendary franchise.

cmellofan15
04-17-2014, 01:00 PM
The Miami Heat currently constructed are the biggest stain on the sport of basketball in the history of the game. From the way the formed the "Big Three" to the way they have always taken on the easiest opponents. Basketball isn't even fun to watch more thanks to this travesty. My only enjoyment is to root against them. So yes, they are taking the easy way out once again as they always have since their formation.

so becoming free agents, and then being really good in the regular season is the worst thing that's ever happened to basketball?

dang. sounds personal.

amos1er
04-17-2014, 01:19 PM
But didn't Boston form the "Big Three" first? Hating at it's finest. And your hero Kobe forced his way out of a crappy team to a legendary franchise.

I hated the Boston "Big Three" as well actually. Being a Laker fan and all I'm sure that's not very surprising. Lol. At least KG, Pierce, and Allen didn't collude to come together while still in their respective primes. They weren't comprised of two top three players, and another top 15 player to demolish the weakest conference in NBA history. That has never been done before and I hope for the sake of the game that it isn't ever done again. But hey, they had to find a way to get Lebron a ring somehow after they invested all that money and hype into him. Of course all his worshipers will ignore all this since they are mostly brainwashed puppets of the media anyways.

amos1er
04-17-2014, 01:24 PM
so becoming free agents, and then being really good in the regular season is the worst thing that's ever happened to basketball?

dang. sounds personal.

The three best players in the weakest conference in NBA history COLLUDING to come together is the worst thing to ever happen to basketball yes. Especially to top that off they had to add in all that flopping as if they didn't get all the calls already. Sounds pretty realistic to me. If you want to hear about delusions, go listen to the rantings of the Lebronites on this site spout off about how he is already a top five player who is going to surpass MJ with only one more ring. Lol. Get a clue guys.

amos1er
04-17-2014, 01:33 PM

Yes, we all know your take. Lucky for us your opinion is one in the vast minority and is the complete opposite of nearly all of the top basketball minds in the world.

Delrayhc
04-17-2014, 01:35 PM

I hated the Boston "Big Three" as well actually. Being a Laker fan and all I'm sure that's not very surprising. Lol. At least KG, Pierce, and Allen didn't collude to come together while still in their respective primes. They weren't comprised of two top three players, and another top 15 player to demolish the weakest conference in NBA history. That has never been done before and I hope for the sake of the game that it isn't ever done again. But hey, they had to find a way to get Lebron a ring somehow after they invested all that money and hype into him. Of course all his worshipers will ignore all this since they are mostly brainwashed puppets of the media anyways.

Did you hate it when the Lakers signed Nash and Howard to form it's own 3?

amos1er
04-17-2014, 01:39 PM

I wonder how much this list will shrink once Lebron is forgotten in a few seasons and all these so called Miami fans crawl back into the trenches from which they came. I'm sure about four years ago the list of Cleveland fans on here was about the same size. Coincidence? I think nyet. :)

I'm sure a new list will begin to grow once this old list changes their user names and the media directs them on who to worship next.

amos1er
04-17-2014, 01:44 PM

Lol. Are you really comparing the signing of a 39 year old Nash and a fair trade for a perennial underachiever coming off major back surgery in Howard to the top three guys I'm their conference coming together via collusion through free agency sill in their respective primes???!!! Hahahaha. Don't even come at me with weak *** crap like that bro. Surely you can do better.

Pablonovi
04-17-2014, 02:38 PM
Hey amos1er,
I lived/suffered thru a far worst: Super-Star Dominated Team, the All-Star Celtics. They had almost half of the All-Stars in the whole League. So, le's not get too excited about LeBron-Wade-Bosh.

Wilt only won after joining West, Goodrich & company.
Big "O" only won after joining KAJ.

I lived/gloried in the KAJ-Magic-Worthy Lakers (plus top quality "role players").
Simultaneous with them, there were the C's: Bird, McHale, Parrish (plus top quality "role players").

MJ had Pip (who was All-World defensively, some years better than MJ) PLUS Rodman (perhaps 3 of the top 5 best defenders in the whole League on one team). (iirc, That one year without MJ, they still won 55 games!)

Plus, prior to joining the Heat, for years:
LeBron paid heavy dues on a bad team (that did well WITH him; and would have All-Time stunk WITHOUT him).
Bosh paid heavy dues too.

Both LBJ and Bosh were free agents and had every right (especially after all those paid-dues) to join the Heat.

bathroom_man
04-17-2014, 03:07 PM
Kobe forced his way out of a Cleveland-like roster to Lakers and played with a superforce in Shaq. Later, demanded a trade to Pistons but was told of Lakers pursuit in Gasol. Retrieved Odom - sixth man and Gasol was a top 5 PF. Superb coach his entire career. Hmmm, I always ask myself how great a LeBron/Shaq duo would be. Would we be looking at a greater force than KAJ/Magic? Uhm, a lot of legends actually agree that James will surpass MJ. Oscar, Phil, West, Riley, Pippen, Barkley..

Every player takes a statistical hit? Right.. That's why players are signing for much less money to play with him. On the other hand, Dwight left Lakers to escape Kobe. Oh yeah, Kobe also scares away potential teammates by acting like a sadistic maniac with his anti-social demeanor and horrific leadership.

By the way, you mentioned the weakest conference in league history but forgot that they BEAT OKC 4-1 and Spurs. Therefore, they beat the best team in the West as well.

In regards to the Olympics, are you serious? If that's your argument, your credibility just dropped quicker than your credit score. Did you forget that the Olympic team is usually composed of the BEST players in the NBA? LeBron isn't the only player on that team, FYI.

Back to the REAL topic, I'm quite annoyed by the "weakened" playoff runs. Lakers went what? 16-1? Bulls went on two three peats? Boston won how many in a row? Magic went to the playoff finals how many times? If SAS or Boston had beaten Miami, you guys wouldn't be saying how easy Miami beat the rest of the teams. You'll be saying "Miami sucks, LeBron is a choke, hahaha, never better than Kobe, floppity flopper Jr." So the fact that they win, you still have an excuse? Grow up. They won, They beat SAS fair and square. LeBron stepped up in game 6/7 vs Boston and game 6/7 vs Spurs. You're mad, get over it. This is 2014. New playoffs. If they lose this year, you're going to blame LeBron, anyways. When he wins, you'll say because Spoelstra is the GOAT coach.

So a 18 yr old out of high school force his way out of charlotte to go play with Shaq and the Lakers. Lol

Delrayhc
04-17-2014, 03:38 PM

Lol. Are you really comparing the signing of a 39 year old Nash and a fair trade for a perennial underachiever coming off major back surgery in Howard to the top three guys I'm their conference coming together via collusion through free agency sill in their respective primes???!!! Hahahaha. Don't even come at me with weak *** crap like that bro. Surely you can do better.

I really don't have to do better seeing that your a hypocrite. Tons of Lakers fans were saying the Lakers were going to crush the league. Nobody was really saying anything other than that.

Chronz
04-17-2014, 03:45 PM
Wilt only won after joining West, Goodrich & company.

Im not trying to jump into the debate but as a fan of Wilt, this is wrong. Wilt already won and he left a better team in order to join the Lakers and the star studded lineup, he did so out of spite more than anything.

Chronz
04-17-2014, 03:48 PM
So a 18 yr old out of high school force his way out of charlotte to go play with Shaq and the Lakers. Lol

Not exactly, he forced his way into a big market, thats all Kobe's camp cared about. He eventually got his agent to collude with West to bring him to LA.

Chronz
04-17-2014, 03:54 PM
Can any of the kobephiles provide any proof to the Heat colluding?

The kind of proof we have that shows KG colluded his way to get to Boston and to stay away from the Lakers. Kobe colluded his way into LA and nearly colluded his way out of LA before they proved him wrong.

Why is any of this such a big deal? One of the biggest losses in NBA history was the collusion of Grant Hill and Tmac not working out... lol colluded

bathroom_man
04-17-2014, 03:58 PM
Not exactly, he forced his way into a big market, thats all Kobe's camp cared about. He eventually got his agent to collude with West to bring him to LA.

And how do u know this. Were in the charlotte's camp? Nobody know for sure except the ppl working on the inside

bathroom_man
04-17-2014, 04:01 PM
Can any of the kobephiles provide any proof to the Heat colluding?

The kind of proof we have that shows KG colluded his way to get to Boston and to stay away from the Lakers. Kobe colluded his way into LA and nearly colluded his way out of LA before they proved him wrong.

Why is any of this such a big deal? One of the biggest losses in NBA history was the collusion of Grant Hill and Tmac not working out... lol colluded

Kobe was a nothing special at the time, kg and allen were past there prime. Lebron, bosh both prime. Thats the difference

Pablonovi
04-17-2014, 04:03 PM
Im not trying to jump into the debate but as a fan of Wilt, this is wrong. Wilt already won and he left a better team in order to join the Lakers and the star studded lineup, he did so out of spite more than anything.

Hey High Horse,
Damn. Seems every time I make a mistake, you're here to correct it.
Have some mercy, dude! hehe

bathroom_man
04-17-2014, 04:05 PM
I really don't have to do better seeing that your a hypocrite. Tons of Lakers fans were saying the Lakers were going to crush the league. Nobody was really saying anything other than that.

I did. A wash up has been steve nash & injure back dwight howard & Mike brown?

Storch
04-17-2014, 04:07 PM
It's just a smart move by the coaching staff to rest their players. They have played the most games the last few years out of any other team.

Chronz
04-17-2014, 04:28 PM
And how do u know this. Were in the charlotte's camp? Nobody know for sure except the ppl working on the inside
Because the people working on the inside have already leaked it. It really is common knowledge by now, only the insecure Kobe fans and the ignorant few refuse to believe it. I can find all the sources that back this if you like, but first, I implore you to look into it yourself.

Hey High Horse,
Damn. Seems every time I make a mistake, you're here to correct it.
Have some mercy, dude! hehe

Time to get yourself an avatar dude

Kobe was a nothing special at the time, kg and allen were past there prime. Lebron, bosh both prime. Thats the difference
Agreed, Kobe did what KG wishes and admits he had the smarts to do beforehand, control your destiny way before you approach your 30's. Bron's more like the middle of them all, he showed enough loyalty to stick with crummy management for many years and only left when it was clearly the right choice, whereas a guy like Kobe, was fed up with LA after a paltry 3 years as the man, this after they had already surrounded him with championship casts before and have proven to build winners well before him and wound up proving him wrong again in the ensuing years.

bathroom_man
04-17-2014, 04:43 PM
Because the people working on the inside have already leaked it. It really is common knowledge by now, only the insecure Kobe fans and the ignorant few refuse to believe it. I can find all the sources that back this if you like, but first, I implore you to look into it yourself.

i dont believe neither side like you do. kobe only wanted the lakers while charlotte didnt value kobe. so its lies somewhere in the middle. even an info is leaked and all, it doesnt make it 100% true. theres always 2 side to the story.

why call people insecure and ignorant. people want to believe what they believe. doesnt make them insecure and ignorant. so i guess ur not insecure and ignorant cuz you believe this and this... doesnt sound very fair to me

bathroom_man
04-17-2014, 04:49 PM
Agreed, Kobe did what KG wishes and admits he had the smarts to do beforehand, control your destiny way before you approach your 30's. Bron's more like the middle of them all, he showed enough loyalty to stick with crummy management for many years and only left when it was clearly the right choice, whereas a guy like Kobe, was fed up with LA after a paltry 3 years as the man, this after they had already surrounded him with championship casts before and have proven to build winners well before him and wound up proving him wrong again in the ensuing years.

agree, kobe was being a little girl there. so has lebron with the superstar
movement

Delrayhc
04-17-2014, 04:51 PM

I did. A wash up has been steve nash & injure back dwight howard & Mike brown?

You must not be a Lakers fan then.

bathroom_man
04-17-2014, 04:58 PM

i am a laker fan not a homer laker fan. i didnt jump on the bandwagon when they form the big 3 like everyone else u claim.

Pablonovi
04-17-2014, 05:17 PM
Wasn't it a Big 4: Kobe, Pau, Nash & DW

Delrayhc
04-17-2014, 05:26 PM

i am a laker fan not a homer laker fan. i didnt jump on the bandwagon when they form the big 3 like everyone else u claim.

Ok then here is a question. If Nash didn't break down and Howard's back was fine would you be angry at the Lakers for forming their own big 3 actually 4 including Gasol?

Pablonovi
04-17-2014, 05:49 PM
[SNIP]

Time to get yourself an avatar dude

Hey High Horse,
Where might one be able to see lots of them to chose from amongst? Got a recommendation?
Once having chosen, how does one add it?
Thanx

bathroom_man
04-17-2014, 09:07 PM
Ok then here is a question. If Nash didn't break down and Howard's back was fine would you be angry at the Lakers for forming their own big 3 actually 4 including Gasol?

if it was 5 yrs ago, hell, it would be shady move. but now, hardly cuz:

cgasol and nash are role players now at best. i would call it the Big 2.

NBA_Starter
04-17-2014, 09:12 PM
5 years ago may be being nice.